Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-29-2008, 05:35 PM   #761  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jen- those pictures are priceless! They will make great Christmas cards and I love the saying you're thinking about, it's perfect.

Paula - sorry your DS is sick, start taking Zicam now. Better safe than sorry!

Amy - your date sounds fun! I loved watching football when I was young and in college.

Lisa - I think your mission trips sound fabulous! I'm so envious, I love to travel, but alas, I married a homebody, so my globe-trotting days are over (for now).

Well, my stamping to do list is short:
-SA Christmas card swap
-Halloween cards for nieces and nephews (Frankie, Mummy, Werewolf and
Witch cards this year)
-Club on the 18th of October, it's combined with an open house, so the
2 projects have to be quick)
-Lunch card class at work, 1 Halloween card
- 5 October birthdays (3 are getting the DE spider on a square plate with a
black stand and some goodie bags, the other 2 ?)
Well, I'm off to make those cute scallop punch spiders and a werewolf card
Missi
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 08:49 PM   #762  
Mad Swapper

Trina, good luck with your new job in Houston! Keep us informed!

Ohmygosh, Jen, aren't those scallop punch spiders the cutest things?! I just saw them in the gallery last night, and they cracked me up! Definitely making some of them!

Lisa, your mission projects sound so wonderful! What a great thing you are doing!

My stamping "to-do" list is pretty short, too:
SA Christmas card swap - haven't a clue yet!
Halloween cards for kids, sisters, etc. - I usually make and send about 15 - planning to use Autumn Harvest. Have an idea in my head.
4 kid birthday cards, 2 guy birthday cards, 2 girl birthday cards, and a couple of baby cards
Then - I need to start thinking about Christmas cards - usually make and send about 50 - not too bad. I'm hoping that I'll use what I come up with for the SA Christmas card swap. I saw an absolutely gorgeous Christmas card done by Seattlestamper - it's in her gallery, and I can't get it out of my mind! But I hate to just exactly case it, but I can't imagine how I could change or improve it to make it "my own". She used the Scandinavian set, but it would work well with Snow Swirled also. Hm-m-m-m, thinking.

Stay well, everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 12:19 PM   #763  
Die Cut Diva

Wow, quiet day today here. At home too...only worked two hours today...really too slow for my liking. So I came home and have been working in the yard. Weeding in the garden some and trimming some wayward tree branches and leveling gopher mounds. Cool overcast day here, now I feel like a cup of cocoa and a good book (or stamping!). I did manage an hour watercoloring already too.
Hope ya'll are having a good day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 12:23 PM   #764  
Stampin' Fool

Having computer problems so I'm getting frustrated.

Thanks everyone for your comments of encouragement. Still don't know what is really going on but I will keep trying.

Jen: I vote (and it was hard as they are both precious) for the Yule Log, you look so absolutely happy. I find it hard to get such a great picture with your kids. I usually have my stressed smile (not a lot of people think it is but I can tell, so it bothers me).

yep, those punched spiders are too cute for words. I am definitely casing them

Paula: Glad it is not streph (that's just horrible to deal with). Question: Does your son go to private school? (parental excuse days??)

All you bakers are making me so hungry and so I am going to buy supplies and bake with my DS (12) who has been bugging me for a long time to bake something. (everythings been coming from Costco). We are going to make those cute pumpkin merigues sp? from the mini Halloween Taste of Home. And I just bought the Taste of Home Soup magazine and they have some great recipes and ideas. Like the soup bar!! So clever!!

SA Swap:

I was hoping to have those finished today but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. I want them in the mail by friday so I guess I should get going.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 12:25 PM   #765  
Stampin' Fool

Have a great day Lisa! My kids afternoon activities start in an hour and go until 9pm PST time so I'm hoping to get some watercolouring done too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 12:31 PM   #766  
Glitter Guru

Erin- He's in public school. The district allows seven days without some kind of proof (dr. note, funeral notice, or other documentation of an emergency.) After that, they start sending nasty notes. I know this was only his first missed day, but he'll miss three the week after next for our vacation. (I don't think they will take a note from Mickey Mouse for that one.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 12:32 PM   #767  
Glitter Guru

Hey, I just found RSVP pens on clearance at Walmart. The 2 pack was $.48 cents. I think if I did the math right, that was cheaper than the staples price. But I could be wrong.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 12:40 PM   #768  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapshappenView Post
Erin- He's in public school. The district allows seven days without some kind of proof (dr. note, funeral notice, or other documentation of an emergency.) After that, they start sending nasty notes. I know this was only his first missed day, but he'll miss three the week after next for our vacation. (I don't think they will take a note from Mickey Mouse for that one.)
Wow, that's tough. But, I guess it does make parents think twice. What do they do about all the sick kids coming to school though? I can see it now - "Well, I sent him in with the chicken pox, because I didn't want him/her to miss school." And I can say that I've actually heard that!! Was teaching 3rd grade and the parent actually said that to me!! :eek:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 12:41 PM   #769  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Hey, I just found RSVP pens on clearance at Walmart. The 2 pack was $.48 cents. I think if I did the math right, that was cheaper than the staples price. But I could be wrong.
Great find!! Darn - I was just there too, but I find that not all have the same things on clearance....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 12:42 PM   #770  
Stazon Splitcoast

Erin,

Hope your computer problems get figured out! Wow! You are speedy having the SA swap almost done! Good for you! Mine are half done. That soup magazine and pumpin things sound great! I wish my kids weren't so picky!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 12:43 PM   #771  
Stazon Splitcoast

Lisa,

Good for you for getting outside! It's good for the soul!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 12:48 PM   #772  
Stazon Splitcoast

Let's see.....today was exercise playgroup. So, the 2 runners went first and then my friend and I walked. We watched the other girl's 8 week old. My friend and I always joke about what horrible mothers we are! Last time - the girl came home from her run - her one son was screaming his head off (had just happened) and the baby I was holding her out away from me, 'cause she had an exploding diaper. We were both laughing - how did our kids make it to age 4/6? It was so funny...we couldn't find a diaper and thought about putting a pull up on her, when her mom came home. Then, I fed the moms falafel, because the mix makes sooo much and my kids wouldn't eat it, and I don't want to get sick of falafel! They all loved it and had never had it before!

Then, while the kids were at school I spent an hour to start cleaning their playroom and my craft area. You can't even walk in there. I should take a picture - even though I spent an hour in there, I'm not sure you can tell! But, if I post a pic., you all will be asking me for the "after" picture, so it'll keep me on my toes. I hope to spend 15 min. a day - as the FlyLady says - you can spend 15 min. doing anything! If I do it longer great - today worked well, because I have a little tv in there and I watched a rerun of Without a Trace. I like that show, but haven't seen most of them, so it's really convenient.

Anyway, I'm rambling! Hope everyone is well! It is so humid here - sticky, but not hot - tons of bugs...can't wait for the cool, dry weather to come in this weekend. It's suppossed to pour (again) tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 01:03 PM   #773  
Glitter Guru

Hi everyone!
DH and I got back from Utah late last night and I'm trying to catch up on emails, posts and life in general. It's amazing how fast things pile up when you are out of town for 3 1/2 days! We had a great time. Arches was way overcrowded (we found out after we got there that it was free public land use weekend..ugh) and so we only did one trail there and decided we didn't want to fight the crowds and all the hoards of people so we drove over to Canyonlands. We'd never been there before and I was just amazed. It reminds me of a small version of the Grand Canyon but prettier (I have to admit that out of all the national parks I've seen and the list is quite large that I think GC is the most overrated national park). The crowds were much smaller and it was about 20-30 degrees cooler so we were a lot happier. Best of all was our trip up to Big Cottonwood Canyon yesterday morning before we boarded our plane to see the FALL COLOR!! I have never in my lifetime seen fall color. We just don't get it here and so honestly, it was a dream come true for me to see it with my own eyes. I told DH as great as the rest of the trip was this was the icing on the cake. Not only that it was 38 degrees at the top and there was frost on the ground! It was so exciting especially since it was 90 degrees when we got off the plane in Texas yesterday evening! I just finished up unloading and bagging up my club orders, that took a good, long while. Now I need to read emails, I have a ton and then I'll be back on to check the posts to see how everyone is doing. Until then have a great evening!
Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 01:09 PM   #774  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow Sharon!

Sounds like a great little trip! Congratulations on seeing the color for the first time! How exciting for you! The leaf peepers have started to arrive up here in New England. Peak used to be Columbus Day weekend, but it gets earlier each year it seems. It's funny - one day all the trees are green and the next thing you know they're yellow, and red, and orange and the leaves are falling. It is very pretty - but the winter is looooong. You should come up to the mountains of NH sometime! I also love when they tap the trees for syrup in March.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 02:14 PM   #775  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post
Thanks for the comments about the pic. Up in the Great North Woods here in NH, there is a small amusement type park -Santa's Village. It's all Christmas themed and it's perfect for my kids' ages. They have Christmas music playing and all of that. We went this summer and it was a lot of fun.

The kids get to pick up these punch cards at the "Elf University". Over the course of the day, they have to find all 26 Elves (letters of the alphabet) placed around the park and punch their tickets. When you go back to the University you get a prize - this year a big pencil. Cute. And no extra charge for that! My youngest was in heaven. I really like the place - yes admisson was kind of pricey, but each kid picked out an ornament for the tree and it was only $3 each!

Here's another pic I thought about using...something along the lines of "Hope your New Year is filled with wonder, awe and joy!"
CUTE PHOTO! We used to have a "Santa's Village" up in the Santa Cruz Mountains. It was one of my favorite places when I was a kid.... sigh....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 02:24 PM   #776  

Paula - are you going to DisneyLand or DisneyWorld? I'm going to DisneyLand the last week of October.....

It's almost 90 degrees out today. I have the spa cover leaning up against the house and I scrubbed it down with the car washing brush this morning. Rinsed out the spa AGAIN. Tomorrow morning I'll get in there and scrub it out, rinse it one more time and refill it. It's just too darned hot to be out there scrubbing now! LOL!

Still struggling with my SA Christmas swap.... I've got to get it nailed down pretty quick because making that many is going to be long, hard work! I normally only join swaps of 10 or less.... this will definitely be a challenge!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 02:27 PM   #777  
Stazon Splitcoast

[QUOTE=crazycatstamper;11506879]Paula - are you going to DisneyLand or DisneyWorld? I'm going to DisneyLand the last week of October.....

It's almost 90 degrees out today. I have the spa cover leaning up against the house and I scrubbed it down with the car washing brush this morning. Rinsed out the spa AGAIN. Tomorrow morning I'll get in there and scrub it out, rinse it one more time and refill it. It's just too darned hot to be out there scrubbing now! LOL!

Still struggling with my SA Christmas swap.... I've got to get it nailed down pretty quick because making that many is going to be long, hard work! I normally only join swaps of 10 or less.... this will definitely be a challenge![/QUOTE]

But so worth it!!! :mrgreen:

I am wicked excited!! They are all coming to me first!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 03:17 PM   #778  
Glitter Guru

Lisa- We're going to Disneyland. We are going over Columbus weekend and then down to San Diego to do the Zoo, Sea World and Legoland. Since my DH has Columbus day off and my DS has Thursday and Friday off for fall break, we just decided to take the whole week and go for broke. Have you been in October before? We usually go the beginning of June, mid week. I have no idea what to expect as far as crowds, but can't wait to see the decorations.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 03:19 PM   #779  
Glitter Guru

Sharon- So glad you got to see our beautiful fall leaves. That is one of the things I love about living here. Maybe we'll take a drive this weekend and see them. And sorry Arches was so crowded. We do really like Canyonlands though and if you ever get back there you have to go to Dead Horse Point too. It is amazing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 05:43 PM   #780  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Sounds like a blast Sharon! I bet yours will be too Paula!

I have a crazy confession....I accidentally double booked myself with my stamp club and a workshop on the same night. She needed Friday night only and wanted it in October when I have stamp a stacks and stuff and I just got confused.....some how...very weird. When I called the workshop person back, she had already emailed her address book! Luckily my new downline is going to do it...and the lady is fine with that....I am such a spaz lately. I hope I eventually get my head in the game!

Everytime I think of something for the SA swap someone posts something too similar to it in the gallery....Season of Simple Grace is not an easy set to use. Not sure what I'll do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2008, 10:57 AM   #781  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

OH no! My admitted stupidity has killed the thread.....did I dumbfound everyone?

Last edited by rhondag; 10-01-2008 at 11:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2008, 11:00 AM   #782  
Stazon Splitcoast

Nah...just a busy day over here.

And I'm so tired...I don't know what it is - I get enough sleep, but trudge through my day.

I'm going for a haircut this afternoon! Yeah!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2008, 11:01 AM   #783  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh and I got my first (of many I'm sure) Liillian Vernon Chrsitmas catalogs today...gee...they waited until Oct. 1 this year!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2008, 11:38 AM   #784  
Stazon Splitcoast

I've actually been stamping, she said virtuously. LOL

I have my card designed for the SA Christmas swap, and my card designed for Jami's swap. Whew! Now I'm gonna place an order. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2008, 11:40 AM   #785  
Stazon Splitcoast

I was going to place an order, but I really want more than 1 each of the Simply Sent kits. I was/am going to make them as presents. We can order more than one starting on the 4th, right?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2008, 01:11 PM   #786  
Crimping Master

I've actually had to work today! Imagine that?! No stamping for me until Saturday :( I've got homework tonight and then I've got a paper to write and a test to study for. If I can get my paper written in a timely manner, then I can spend Saturday eveing stamping while DH goes off with his old mountain climbing buddies.
Sounds like everyone is busy!
Missi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2008, 01:37 PM   #787  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post
I've actually been stamping, she said virtuously. LOL
I haven't stamped for a WHOLE WEEK!!!!!!! And I am going thru serious withdrawal.

I love playing with my grandsons! So fun!!!!

But I've mopped the floors, cleaned the stove and oven, vacuumed, done laundry, cleaned the bathrooms, etc. etc. etc. and now I need something to do besides graze SCS (LOL!) during naptime.

I will probably be here until next Monday, so ............

Sounds like everyone else is keeping busy, too.
Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2008, 02:06 PM   #788  
Kookie Creator

Wow! I can't keep up with you all! I don't get on here for days and there are pages of posts! I'm trying to find the final SA swap number - anyone?

BTW, Jen - we had our last Utah Shoebox swap on Saturday and I collected nearly 40 cards from those fabulous ladies for your card ministry! Look for a big package coming your way when I get my swaps sent!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2008, 02:25 PM   #789  
Stazon Splitcoast

Final swap numbers are 18 + 1. The + 1 is being donated, as I am participating.
Thanks, Amy!! You are the bestest! I just got an email about another family heading in for transplant evaluation and they will be staying at a RMDH (is that the abbreviation?), so SU cards so fit this need!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2008, 02:53 PM   #790  
Kookie Creator

Thanks Jen!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2008, 05:11 PM   #791  
Stazon Splitcoast

I've been stamping all day too....in between berating myself for being clueless. Glad you all weren't avoiding me! j/k mostly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2008, 07:01 PM   #792  
Mad Swapper

ok! it's been foreva since I posted here. I have barely been on SCS lately. Sounds like everyone is doing ok here (I could only read a couple pages.. I am WAY behind!) I need to get crackin' on my SA swaps! I have a couple of ideas, but nothing on paper yet.

I started my new job today. So far so good! i like my boss, i like my new office and I got a blackberry. I'm not so sure I want to be that connected to the office that I need a blackberry.. we'll see how that goes.

it's starting to become more and more fall like in the Chicago area. The leaves on my tree in the front are just starting to yellow. Our ash is usually the first on the block. Sharon- i'm glad you were able to experience the fall colors.. they can be so magnificient! I can't wait to go to New England again. Massachusetts two years ago was fantastic. Michigan is pretty great too!

anyway.. enough rambling. I have to go to bed. We had a crank call at 4:15 last night and I couldn't go back to sleep afterwards! so I lost those last two hours of sleep.. on top of being nervous about my first day on the job.

have a great day all!
Liz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2008, 09:36 PM   #793  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhondagView Post
I've been stamping all day too....in between berating myself for being clueless. Glad you all weren't avoiding me! j/k mostly
Aw-w-w, Rhonda, we'd never avoid you! We love you too much!

I'm so envious of all of you who are enjoying the beautiful fall colors - that is one of the things I miss the most about living in Southern California! But next weekend we're going to Seattle, so hopefully I'll get to "swish in the leaves" when we go out walking. Meanwhile, it was 99 degrees here in San Diego today - wa-a-a-y too hot for October 1!

Tonight I did my prototype for my Halloween cards, and I love, love, love it!! And I think I'm settling on an idea for the SA Christmas card swap. I ordered the DSP today (along with a LOT of other things! Well, not too bad, compared with my two previous orders!)

Time for bed now - the kitties are meowing at me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 06:14 AM   #794  
Crimping Master

Pamela - Do we get a peek at your Halloween card? I'm a Halloween card/project junkie. I can't get enough of them

Liz - I'm glad your new job is starting out right!

I got the tags for the broom treat bags designed last night, the popcorn balls I bought to put in the bags were too big, so now we have all these popcorn balls to eat (darn!).
I hope veryone has a great day!
Missi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 07:54 AM   #795  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mischief732View Post
Pamela - Do we get a peek at your Halloween card? I'm a Halloween card/project junkie. I can't get enough of them

Liz - I'm glad your new job is starting out right!

I got the tags for the broom treat bags designed last night, the popcorn balls I bought to put in the bags were too big, so now we have all these popcorn balls to eat (darn!).
I hope veryone has a great day!
Missi
Your ~poor~ family having to eat the popcorn balls!!

We get some fall color here Pamela, but not until later on, and it only lasts about a week before we get a freeze usually. I have one tree that keeps its leaves until after Christmas.....it would look great with lights in it...except for the leaves
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 12:36 PM   #796  
Stazon Splitcoast

Grrr....I am in a bad mood. I got a call from the dentist that my oldest has 2 cavities! He's never had one before. Gee...I wonder what has changed between then and now. I promptly put a phone call in to you know who and kind of read him the riot act about the sweets and Gatorade. There's still hope, as my son is upset, and has agreed to let me help him brush his teeth again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 12:42 PM   #797  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, too bad, Jen!

Here's a trick my dentist taught me.
After brushing and flossing, rinse toothbrush. Dip toothbrush in a flouride rinse and really work it into problem areas. Works better than rinsing, and kids can do it more easily.

It has really helped us. We have genetically bad teeth from both sides of the family. <roll eyes>
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 12:48 PM   #798  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh thank you Amy! I will go out tomorrow and get some. Can I get the fluoride rinses at regular stores? I'm assuming it's different than kid friendly mouthwash or maybe not?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 02:33 PM   #799  

Quote:

Lisa- We're going to Disneyland. We are going over Columbus weekend and then down to San Diego to do the Zoo, Sea World and Legoland. Since my DH has Columbus day off and my DS has Thursday and Friday off for fall break, we just decided to take the whole week and go for broke. Have you been in October before? We usually go the beginning of June, mid week. I have no idea what to expect as far as crowds, but can't wait to see the decorations.
I went in October about 3 or 4 years ago. The Haunted Mansion was all decorated for Halloween. Really cute! Being a holiday weekend for a lot of people, it will be a little more crowded than a standard fall weekend, but probably less crowded than June!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 02:35 PM   #800  

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhondagView Post
Everytime I think of something for the SA swap someone posts something too similar to it in the gallery....Season of Simple Grace is not an easy set to use. Not sure what I'll do.
which is why I wasn't looking in the gallery till I got my idea all hammered out. now I can look away and know that even if someone posts the SAME CARD, that I came up with the idea all by my little lonesome! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes