Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-27-2008, 08:27 AM   #721  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I'm here in the hospital typing on dd's laptop. Fun to catch up on yesterday's chit chat.

It was quite a day yesterday. We had a nice drive up to Springfield, MO, where DD and her hubby are. My DD called along the way to keep us posted on her progress.

Just before she had her baby, my sister called to tell us that she had gone in for an ultrasound and they couldn't find the heartbeat of her baby (she was 20 weeks along). I had had the same thing happen to me 7 years ago, and I guess between the new baby coming the death of my sister's baby, which opened some old wounds that I didn't know were still there, I was an emotion wreck for awhile.

My DD's baby was born with no complications - 8 lbs. 7 oz. Baby boy. Healthy and happy! And oh so 'new born' beautiful!

My parents, who had planned to stay for a week, felt that they needed to go back home to be with my sister, so they flew back to Utah today.

Because my parents didn't stay, I decided to stay here with my DD as long as she needs me. I brought my laptop and my make-up and toothbrush with me. What more do I need? (no stamps, tho. what will I do with no stamps for a week?!!!) We're going on a shopping spree in a few minutes and I'll pickup another pair of jeans and a couple shirts. (at least that's what I told DH. I'll see what falls into my cart while I'm in the store.)

And I'm having a blast with my 18 month old grandson while DD is in the hospital.

I'll have pictures to post in a little while.

It is so great to have you to share all of this with! Thanks for being there for me.
Kathy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2008, 08:36 AM   #722  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, Kathy. Prayers for your sister AND you. Those hurts that unearth the old hurts are overwhelming. Hold those babies tightly for me, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2008, 08:45 AM   #723  
Die Cut Diva

Oh Kathy, sorry to hear about your sister. Prayers and hugs to you both. Enjoy your time with your DD and grandson's.

Pamela, nice to hear from you! Sounds like you are having a good time with the camper. The hurricanes have touched so many. All are in my prayers.

Jen, let me know how the movie is, DH isn't really interested in going, so I will have to see if I can get a GF to go. Sorry you missed your son's game. I am sure he is ubber excited and will tell you all about it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2008, 11:56 AM   #724  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, Kathy, I am so sorry about the baby who passed. That's terrible. I have some friends who went through things like that - very far along and ALL have gone on to have successful, healthy, happy babies. I hope the same is true for your sister, though it doesn't diminish the loss of this baby. You know, there are a lot of us out there who have stars in heaven where our little lost babies are.....

But, I am happy to hear the other baby came along just fine! What's his name? I'm glad you are able to stay and help out. How wonderful for everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2008, 11:59 AM   #725  
Stazon Splitcoast

Lisa,

The movie was OK. A bit slow in spots and I don't know, I kind of thought it'd be better - but since my mood officially sucks lately, I'm not sure you can take my word on that! I did enjoy it and I did cry. I really like Diane Lane as an actress and while I don't know if she's had cosmetic surgery or not, it was nice to see the frown lines and eye crinkles, just like we all have. And, well, Richard Gere is kind of cute too.

I think my book club is reading the book next month. I can't remember. We pick two books at a time, so I'm still on this month's which I picked. I'm lucky if I get to read the book by the meeting! I usually end up finishing after the meeting! But, since I picked and have to lead the discussion, I need to finish this month! We only talk about the book for half the time - the other half is chatting - all but one of us are stay at home moms, so it's refreshing to drink a little wine and chat.

Last edited by jenguin; 09-27-2008 at 12:00 PM.. Reason: typos....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2008, 02:58 PM   #726  
Glitter Guru

Back from the shoebox swap. Some great projects. It was great to see Missi and *Amystamps there.

Kathy- (((hugs))) to you and your sister. My brother and SIL lost one at 39 weeks just a few months after we got our DS . I know my SIL has never gotten over it. I can't imagine how hard it must be to have that scab picked back off. But how exciting to have a new grandson too. Hug him extra tight.

Good to hear from you Pamela. Sounds like you and your RV are having a great time. And it sounds like your DH has come around to the idea of the RV now.

Jen - Sorry to hear you missed your son's goals. I missed the only basket my DS made in Basketball last winter because I was having a little mommy time. I keep telling myself that there will be others.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2008, 09:17 PM   #727  
Mad Swapper

Oh, Kathy, what an emotional rollercoaster for you - the heartbreak of the loss of your sister's baby, followed so quickly by the tremendous joy over the birth of your new grandson. So sorry for your sister (and all of you), and so very happy that your new little fella arrived just fine! Enjoy this special time with him and his big brother!

Yes, Paula, DH has done quite a turnaround regarding the RV! (Guys! So stubborn!)

I stamped my little heart out today! Made an altered noteboook and pen holder, and several cards. It was so fun and relaxing! Now I really also need to get busy on a baby quilt for my grandson - little Thomas is almost a month old, and I haven't even started it yet! What on earth was I doing all those months when we were waiting for him???!!!! Oh, I remember, I was making swaps for Convention! Oops!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 05:23 AM   #728  
Stazon Splitcoast

Pamela, I wanna be you when I grow up. :-) Will you give me Grandma lessons in a few years?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 05:45 AM   #729  
Stazon Splitcoast

I forgot to tell you gals that I am the proud owner of 72 RSVP pens!!:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 06:07 AM   #730  
Stazon Splitcoast

Way to go, Jen! As long as you intend to use them in a swap, it's all approved. <wink>
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 08:26 AM   #731  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, I have no plans for them right now! LOL!

I am actually stamping today!! Woo Hoo!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 01:35 PM   #732  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post
Pamela, I wanna be you when I grow up. :-) Will you give me Grandma lessons in a few years?
Thanks, Amy! Well, I'm not sure I act like a grandma, or more like one of the grandkids! I saw how mujch fun two of our grandchildren have with their X-Box, and I thought, "Hey, I wanna have fun, too!" So last week I went out and bought myself an X-Box! OK, I know, I'm almost 60 years old, but who says old people can't have fun! (Tee-hee!) I'm practicing, so when the grandhchildren come over, I can beat them!!

Last week they came over and we chased all of the grown-ups out of the house while we decorated Halloween trees. We used Halloween Frights from the Holiday mini, cut the images out with circle punches and mounted them on DSP, and hung them from the branches of the tree. But suddenly we saw a real spider crawling across the floor, and it scared us so much we had to eat Snickers candy bars until we felt better. It worked, too!

Today after church I went through my fabric stash, and I have enough fabric on hand to make little Thomas' baby quilt, so I will start cutting it tomorrow. It's just a little flannel log cabin design, very simple, so I hope to finish it before I go to see him in two weeks.

Happy Sunday, everyone! DH is watching football, so I believe I'll do a little stamping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 01:37 PM   #733  
Stazon Splitcoast

I want to come and play at your house!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 01:48 PM   #734  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post
I want to come and play at your house!
I second that!

Jen - I have heard mixed reviews on the movie, not that I listen to the critics, if I enjoy it, it was worth it to me. I still think I will see this one, but not with DH who just rolled his eyes (he does not really care for Gere much, but I do...can you say Officer and A Gentleman...).

I have not stamped today (yet), but just got home from the bead store...and he thinks stamps cost money! Now I am enjoying a cup of hot cocoa (I cannot seem to be warm today) and then I am off to watercolor more for the swap.

I just got talked into doing another class too...a calendar scrapbook using the 5x5 on board books and all punches, no stamping. Now I have to figure out when I can get that on the calendar.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 02:02 PM   #735  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Quote:

I forgot to tell you gals that I am the proud owner of 72 RSVP pens!!:rolleyes:
LOL....I only bought 48....happily, they have them at my Staples now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 02:10 PM   #736  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Hot cocoa Lisa...it is 90 degrees here...I do love some cocoa when it is below 50 though!

I haven't done much on my stamp club for next week....I must work on that today....I think I'll see if I can find a sketch in the FS gallery to copy for the watercoloring card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 02:13 PM   #737  
Die Cut Diva

Only 64 here today, with a fall breeze.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 02:21 PM   #738  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just realized I'm one to talk about seasons, Lisa....DD convinced me to make a pumpkin pie today....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 02:22 PM   #739  
Stazon Splitcoast

Humid here - not to bad temp. wise, but the hurricane just passed through....yes, hurricane up in NE!

I think I am feeling better. I am watching football, drinking a glass of wine and cleaning out the pantry. I love my pantry. It is huge. But, you tend to fill a pantry to it's size I've found. I always managed with a small pantry before! But, I'm trying to make a list of things I'll need for the upcoming holidays, etc. Like crackers - all I have is Ritz for the kids and I only eat crackers when I'm sick, but it'll be fun to have some yummy ones around for the holidays/book club, etc. Also time to get new baking soda and powder, etc. for baking.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 02:22 PM   #740  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhondagView Post
I just realized I'm one to talk about seasons, Lisa....DD convinced me to make a pumpkin pie today....
That is my absolute favorite!!!! Please send me some!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 02:23 PM   #741  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kids should be home any minute! Figures I'm feeling better NOW!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 02:34 PM   #742  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

That is my absolute favorite!!!! Please send me some!!
Sending you some now! At least you won't be dragging around with your kids home .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 03:42 PM   #743  
Glitter Guru

It's been in the 80's here for several days. The last weekend in September last year we had snow. While I am ready for fall, I am afraid that once this good weather goes away, it will be winter. I didn't make a pie, but I did make that pumpkin roll and it actually worked! I'm ready for fall.

I agree Pamela, you sound like a really fun grandma. Reminds me of my MIL. She's so good with her grandkids and likes to make things with them and play the Wii with my DS. If only she didn't live 750 miles away.

My SIL who was visiting had a quilt show yesterday. They only moved to Houston a year ago and the girls in the neighborhood she lived in here were all quilters. (I say girls because they're all in their late 20's). They all put their creations out in the backyard of one of the girl's homes and invited all their friends and family to come see. Wow! Some truly amazing talent. Sewing is just not my thing and I've tried to make quilts before and finally gave up. I'll stick to my paper, ink and rubber.

Pamela- please post a picture of the quilt when it's done so we can all be amazed by your talent!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 05:54 PM   #744  
Stampin' Fool

Default Concerned & excited

It's funny that instead of posting to fellow demo's (on the demo side), I feel the need to post to this group!! I was so bummed as my workshop that I took so much time prepping for that was suppose to happen on Friday got cancelled one hour before I was to arrive. She said she just didn't feel like having anyone over. I spoke with her today at church and all is well. I asked if she just didn't get a good response but no she told me that she had 8 confirmed but when you're not in the mood you're not in the mood. I asked if she wanted to reschedule and have it at my house (no cleaning, stress for her) but she said that she loves to entertain and so she will see. I felt bummed but sort of sad that there maybe something going on and I can't help.

Then I just got an email an hour ago from one of her guest (never met before) that was suppose to attend asking if she could still order from me or if she would have to wait until her friend actually held a workshop. I responded that she could just order from me and then attend the next workshop her friend had. Well she order $273 (pre shipping & taxes) and received all the hostess benefits herself. She was thrilled. I told her I would drop a catalogue for her and mini.

So I am excited about the new order but still concerned about the original hostess. KWIM!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 06:05 PM   #745  
Glitter Guru

Erin- That does sound a little like there might be reason for concern. Maybe you could just drop her a card in the mail that lets her know that you hope everything is all right. Of course you'd have to be careful how you word it so that she knows you are more concerned about her than you are about the workshop but I am sure you can do that.

That is awesome that you got that big order from a new customer anyway! Congrats! Hope she continues to be a great customer for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 08:35 PM   #746  
Pearl-ExPert

Rhonda, Pumpkin Pie???? WHY am I here in MO, instead of back home in OK???? I would have been to your house in a heartbeat!

Paula, Pumpkin Roll is great, too! Too bad Utah is so far away.

Erin, sorry about the workshop, but so glad that you got a great order! Hope the workshop comes back to you.

Jen, glad you're starting to feel better. Sorry it took all weekend!

Pamela, I'm taking notes! I am just starting on this 'Grandma' journey, but it is so fun.

I've spent the day playing with my 18 month old grandson. He is a happy baby and just fun to watch. My DD came home from the hospital this afternoon and I did get to spend some time holding the new one.

If you want to see pictures, I did post a couple on my family blog here:

http://beiteversohumble.wordpress.co...child-is-born/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 09:10 PM   #747  
Mad Swapper

Oh, Kathy! He is just beautiful!! And what an awesome name! Hugs and blessings to all!

M-m-m-m, pumpkin pie - one of my favorite desserts! I've also been dreaming of apple crisp all weekend - I think I'll be making some very soon! I love the "autumn desserts" - they are so hearty and yummy!

Erin, that is so terrific that the one lady gave you such a great big order! Hope she turns into a regular customer! That's so strange that the hostess would cancel at the last minute like that - I wonder what all of the invited guests were thinking when they got that last minute call from her cancelling the event. Hopefully they are good friends of hers!

Paula, I will be sure to post a picture of the baby quilt when I get it done.

Amy, today I cased the swap I received from you in the SA new catty swap - the darling one with the scalloped envie on the front. I love that card! I used the Georgia Peach DSP, and it turned out pretty, but I still like yours better!

The kitties are meowing at me to tell me it's time for bed. (They have little alarm clocks in their tummies, I'm convinced!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2008, 11:28 PM   #748  
Crimping Master

Just a quick update to say thanks for all your well wishes. I got my BFF married off this past weekend. Mystic, CT was a lot of fun even if it did rain elephants. The rain stopped pretty much for the wedding and we had a great time.

And yes, Mystic Pizza IS good.

I head to Houston tomorrow.

SHARON, hon, I'd love to ring you up, but you haven't sent a number! I PM'ed you awhile back. Check it out and let me know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 03:10 AM   #749  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy,

Your grandson is so cute! What a strong name! BTW, it's kind of funny - it's an unusual name - but one of my neighbor's shares that same first name!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 04:55 AM   #750  
Crimping Master

Kathy - congratulations on your handsome new grandson! I loved the story behind the name.

It's 6:45am now and all this reading about pumpkin pie and apple crisp is making me hungry! Maybe I'll send DH off for some muffins. I'm ditching work today, I started feeling "under the weather" yesterday and thought I'd stay home and rest in my craft room

Erin- congrats on the big order! Hopefully whatever is going on with your hostess will work itself out soon.

I hope you all have a great day! I'll check in later
Missi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 06:01 AM   #751  
Die Cut Diva

Missi, hope your stay at home day is just what you needed.

Jen, I did not hear of much damage up NE way, did you just get a "good" soaking? Hope all is well.

Erin, the cancelled workshop at the last minute would have completely bummed me, and worried me - hope your hostess is truly alright. Glad you were able to get a great order out of it anyway. Maybe that customer will hostess a workshop for you in the future.

Kathy, what a beautiful blessing! Thank you so much for sharing. Having none of my own (by choice) I still love children, especially the babies! I am blessed to get baby time with several in my bible study group until they are old enough to go off to the nursery. Then it's fun to get all those little hugs and help try to rope in giggly kids when it is time to leave.

Trina, glad your wedding went off good albeit a little damp.

All this talk about pumpkin pie/rolls and apple crisp make me want to bake! I have bible study here tonight, but someone else has treats (my turn next week though). Maybe tomorrow I will bake an apple cake for DH...

I best get ready for my day (still sitting here in jammies). I have a conference call with my mission org at 10 then off to work for a few hours, home to tidy up before the study group arrives.

Have a wonderful day all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 07:17 AM   #752  
Glitter Guru

Pizza, Apple Crisp, Pumpkin Pie. It's 9:00 a.m. and now I want to PIG OUT!

My DS has now joined the sicky ranks and will be home from school today. I am taking him to the Dr. this afternoon just to rule out Strep because I don't want it. Then the school won't count this as a parental excuse day either since they only give us so many of those and we are taking him out in a couple of weeks for our vacation.

Missi - get better soon! Or not if it gives you more of an excuse to hang out in your craft room.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 09:25 AM   #753  
Die Cut Diva

Paula, hope DS is feeling better tomorrow, and without strep! That is no fun (for anyone).

Conference call was good - hoping to get a team together to go to Zimbabwe - my hope is next August...we'll see. Have to get to and from Ukraine in March first.

Swap progress report, since this is an SA thread ;)
Layer swap designed - need to place order for rope twine and more DSP (not cause I need more DSP for the swap really, but cause I just want more )
SA Christmas Card Swap - watercoloring coming along I did some while listening in on my conference call
Calendar Scrapbook using punches - designed (thanks to upline - totally casing) Need to take photos and develop flyer for class - and pick a date for class
Christmas Card SAS - designed, flyer done and out. No one as of yet signed up...deadline Fri Oct 10.
Convention leftovers...need to copy photos onto cd for roommates whom I am having dinner with on Oct 10th. Want to decorate jewel case or make sleeve for those cd's.

Pop says there will be a bushel + more tomatoes this week too...salsa I think...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 10:23 AM   #754  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here's my to do list:

-SA Christmas swap: half-way done!
-Track 11 SU Conv double 6 X 6: half-way done! but stuck for the other page.
-Make some thank you cards for people donating cards for heart moms
-Make those welcome to your new home cards I keep putting off!
-Halloween? I should make Sharon's Frankie for the kids' teachers, but I don't know - am I making something for the kids? If so, I better start! I love those test tube candy holders....we'll see or maybe some other kind of box?
-Halloween costume - I need to make D's number tree. Yes, he wants to be a number tree. So, I picked up a forest green shirt and brown pants and now I'll have to start cutting out numbers with my cricuit (I think) and laminate them, so we can attach them to his costume. I thought about using felt, but it will take a long time to hand-cut all those numbers....we'll see.

And, don't you think we should start thinking about our Christmas cards? I mean, it's going to be here before you know it. This is the picture I'm thinking of using this year....
Attached Thumbnails
Swappers Anonymous-image0-1.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 10:49 AM   #755  
Die Cut Diva

I think that's a fabulous photo Jen!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 11:12 AM   #756  
Stazon Splitcoast

SO adorable Jen!

Great story and cutie pie Kathy!

Hope your DS feels better soon Paula!

You too Missi!

Great job keeping us on track Lisa.....I'm working on Stamp Club projects. Unfortunately I didn't accomplish much this weekend except playing with the girls (not a bad thing ).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 12:43 PM   #757  
Stazon Splitcoast

Pumpkin anything is my fall favorite!

Pamela, so glad you could use the card idea!

Jen, that is the cutest Christmas picture ever!

Trina, good luck in all your traveling!

I haven't done anything stamp-wise, I don't think. <sigh> Two daughters to get ready for (different) Homecoming dances. One is this weekend! Yikes!

Wednesday is a college-football-game-date with hubby (Boise State vs La. Tech). We like to go out and have dinner while watching the game. :-) And yes, I really do LOVE college football. Always have.

Hopefully some cards designed in there somewhere. I have all kinds of ideas--just nothing to show for it. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 12:57 PM   #758  
Glitter Guru

Back from the doctor and it's not strep. Just a nasty virus. I really don't want it! Maybe I should start taking Zicam now.

Amy- I love football too. Have fun at the game.

Jen- Great Christmas card photo. It's not to early to be thinking about that. Hopefully we will get a good picture on our trip for ours.

Today I've been piddling here and there with projects. I worked on the tag punch star and remade my halloween basket because it was totally falling apart. It was the first basket I made and I've learned a lot since. My craft room TV has been hijacked by my sick kid so I *can't* go work down there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 02:48 PM   #759  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the comments about the pic. Up in the Great North Woods here in NH, there is a small amusement type park -Santa's Village. It's all Christmas themed and it's perfect for my kids' ages. They have Christmas music playing and all of that. We went this summer and it was a lot of fun.

The kids get to pick up these punch cards at the "Elf University". Over the course of the day, they have to find all 26 Elves (letters of the alphabet) placed around the park and punch their tickets. When you go back to the University you get a prize - this year a big pencil. Cute. And no extra charge for that! My youngest was in heaven. I really like the place - yes admisson was kind of pricey, but each kid picked out an ornament for the tree and it was only $3 each!

Here's another pic I thought about using...something along the lines of "Hope your New Year is filled with wonder, awe and joy!"
Attached Thumbnails
Swappers Anonymous-image0-2.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 02:48 PM   #760  
Stazon Splitcoast

Look at my little guy's face!! Isn't that priceless??!! I had to buy the picture!
Reply With Quote Likes