Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-04-2008, 04:07 PM   #841  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have two types of gophers here, striped ones (the cute little critters our University mascot, they just make holes - and gray gophers that create mounds of dirt in my lawn - kinda molish but considerably bigger) - elusive as they stay underground unless mounding...shot one last week, the one last night got away (rotten rodent!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2008, 04:18 PM   #842  
Stazon Splitcoast

I looked up "pocket gophers" and found out they are around here, too! We have lots of owls and hawks (we live about 15-20 miles west of a raptor refuge), so maybe that's why we've never had a problem. They do say our cats and the neighboring terriers are a factor in our favor, as well. (We have raccoons and foxes that eat our chickens, so we are not pest-free.)

I remember us having gopher issues in our pasture when I was a kid, but "the county" would come out and kill them for you for free. LOL Agricultural area, can you tell??? They probably don't do that anymore. Ah, the good old days when poisons were legal. (just kidding)

And Jen, maybe we SHOULD have a talk. LOLOL
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2008, 05:01 PM   #843  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

Y'all make me tired just READING your "to do lists"! Sheesh! I've done almost nothing in the past 2 days. Well, nothing PRODUCTIVE. After being up late Thursday night and up early (4:30) Friday morning, I took Taz into the vet yesterday and had her put to sleep. Too many issues, but bottom line, she was not a happy healthy cat anymore and we decided we couldn't let her go on like that. So yesterday I was pretty useless. I did do minimal cleaning (tossing litterboxes and packing up toys and dishes) and I got a load of laundry done so DH would have pants to wear to his job interview this morning. Oh, and I made a memorial slideshow for Taz to put on my blog and e-mail to family so I didn't actually have to try and speak to anyone about it because once I start thinking about it, I start crying and all speaking capability is shot. My stamp room looks really weird with the litterboxes gone..... I was in there for a bit yesterday and I kept waiting for her to come in..... I know it will be months before I stop looking for her in her usual spots.... it took a long time when her sister died for me to stop checking under my desk for her before I rolled my chair up..... Sigh..... It's been a LONG 48 hours.....

Sorry to be so depressing..... Maybe I'll go try and cut some CS for my swaps..... see all you busy bees later!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2008, 05:02 PM   #844  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, Lisa! I'm so sorry! {{{Hugs}}}
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2008, 06:30 PM   #845  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Lisa, so sorry!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2008, 06:31 PM   #846  
Pearl-ExPert

hi, my name is lisa and I just joined another swap.

(that's why we're here right? )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2008, 07:41 PM   #847  
Hardware Hotshot

Lisa- So sorry to hear about Taz. Can't imagine how hard it must have been to make that decision. Sending cyber hugs and warm thoughts your way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2008, 07:44 PM   #848  
Stazon Splitcoast

Can you believe I was trolling the demo swaps forum???? What a sickness! LOL I haven't even made my cards for the 2 swaps I'm already in!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2008, 07:45 PM   #849  
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks for all the well wishes. I did survive my class. Got an unexpected $50 order at it (I never get orders at classes so anything is good!) My voice is shot and I am on to the coughing part now. Ready to collapse into bed and hopefully have a Nyquil-induced good night sleep.

I have absolutely nothing to do tomorrow so I'll be able to just lay around if I need a day to recover. If not, I plan to get my SA swap at least figured out. I just realized that I need to have it done and in the mail before I leave town next weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2008, 07:46 PM   #850  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post
Can you believe I was trolling the demo swaps forum???? What a sickness! LOL I haven't even made my cards for the 2 swaps I'm already in!
You *are* crazy! Didn't we already talk about how SA swaps were the best so there was no reason to sign up for any others?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2008, 07:47 PM   #851  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, and I just looked! LOL I'm not as bad as Lisa. <big grin>
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2008, 08:07 AM   #852  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycatstamperView Post
Y'all make me tired just READING your "to do lists"! Sheesh! I've done almost nothing in the past 2 days. Well, nothing PRODUCTIVE. After being up late Thursday night and up early (4:30) Friday morning, I took Taz into the vet yesterday and had her put to sleep. Too many issues, but bottom line, she was not a happy healthy cat anymore and we decided we couldn't let her go on like that. So yesterday I was pretty useless. I did do minimal cleaning (tossing litterboxes and packing up toys and dishes) and I got a load of laundry done so DH would have pants to wear to his job interview this morning. Oh, and I made a memorial slideshow for Taz to put on my blog and e-mail to family so I didn't actually have to try and speak to anyone about it because once I start thinking about it, I start crying and all speaking capability is shot. My stamp room looks really weird with the litterboxes gone..... I was in there for a bit yesterday and I kept waiting for her to come in..... I know it will be months before I stop looking for her in her usual spots.... it took a long time when her sister died for me to stop checking under my desk for her before I rolled my chair up..... Sigh..... It's been a LONG 48 hours.....

Sorry to be so depressing..... Maybe I'll go try and cut some CS for my swaps..... see all you busy bees later!
Oh Lisa, I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear sweet friend. Hugs to you!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2008, 08:09 AM   #853  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

I'm skipping church because of a sinus infection...it is getting better (antibiotics and stuff), but kinda gross so I thought I shouldn't be around people. I'll be working (on classes and swaps) when I can...I have a bit of a fever too so sometimes I get tired.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2008, 08:12 AM   #854  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, I'm sorry you're sick, too, Rhonda! Sure seems like there has been some bad stuff going around--the whole country, apparently!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2008, 08:29 AM   #855  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post

And Jen, maybe we SHOULD have a talk. LOLOL
Uh oh! Am I in trouble??!! LOL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2008, 08:29 AM   #856  
Stazon Splitcoast

Lisa,

I'm sorry about your cat. So sad, but you did the right thing. They are such a part of our family aren't they....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2008, 08:30 AM   #857  
Stazon Splitcoast

Lisa,

I can't believe you joined another swap! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2008, 08:30 AM   #858  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm sorry so many are feeling under the weather.It's that time of the year I guess.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2008, 09:21 AM   #859  
Hardware Hotshot

Rhonda- So sorry to hear that you're sick too. Must be a lot of yucky stuff going on everywhere. Seems like school starts, and so do the colds.

Jen- I am thinking of changing my stamp set for the swap to Holiday Trinkets. No one is using that one right? My neighbor just bought it and I think I have an idea for it already.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2008, 10:09 AM   #860  
Crimping Master

Lisa - I'm so sorry about your kitty. I lost my Mischief about 2 months ago and I still catch myself looking for her. Making a mini scrapbook of her helped.

I hope this thread doesn't have any viruses attached, lol. There seems to be alot of bad junk going around! I'd better get my flu shot at work tomorrow!

A few of my girlfriends and myself celebrate our birthdays all together with a brunch every October. I made them all cookie/display plates with the DE spooky spider. If my picture software wasn't being difficult, I would upload the picture to show you. They turned out darling and everyone loved theirs. I found nice stands at the "dollar" store for $3

Well, everyone stay warm and get better! If I can get my paper written this afternoon, maybe I can play for a couple of hours tonight
Missi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2008, 10:34 AM   #861  
Stazon Splitcoast

Change away, Paula!! No problemo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2008, 10:51 AM   #862  
Stazon Splitcoast

Doing a mountain of laundry today.....fun, fun! Maybe I'll get a chance to stamp later......sigh.......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2008, 11:25 AM   #863  
Polyshrink Goddess

Well, I survived our alumni event yesterday - much better than last year - don't even have a headache! DH didn't fair so well - thank goodness his only "to do" today is to curl up on the couch in his boy room and watch football.

I'm off to finish my Christmas prep - just found out that the demo workshop I'm doing on the 13th at my house will have 12 attendees and I've only met the hostess (and that was once) - I'm going to have to get my sales hat on and see how it goes!

Hope you are all doing well and get some rest those of you with colds so that your viruses get bored and go away.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2008, 01:31 PM   #864  
Hardware Hotshot

Stacy- So glad to hear that you survived.

I am so close to having a good idea for my swap. But i just got this idea in my head that requires the purchase of the Striped BG stamp and the oval punch. They are both on my wish list but I just can't justify expediting my order this week. ($20 buys a lot of churros and dole whips at Disneyland.)

So I'm trying to decide, if I got the rest of it all done before I go, if I can get the rest done on Sunday when I get back. Or if I should just come up with a different idea and get it in the mail this week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2008, 01:36 PM   #865  
Stazon Splitcoast

Whatever you decide will be awesome, I'm sure!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2008, 01:39 PM   #866  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by biffsbeeView Post
We have two types of gophers here, striped ones (the cute little critters our University mascot, they just make holes - and gray gophers that create mounds of dirt in my lawn - kinda molish but considerably bigger) - elusive as they stay underground unless mounding...shot one last week, the one last night got away (rotten rodent!)
Whoa!! As in shot??!!! Like with a gun??!!

Out here the coyotes and fisher cats that take care of our pests. Not too many rabbits and squirrels around either, though those darn voles created havoc on everyone's lawn last year - too much snow, too early - they all came up to the surface underneath the snow. And beware of your cats too. It was funny. I was at a friend's house - she'd just moved here from out west, though originally from Mass, and she was like, "OMG, look at that poor dog, walking across the highway and into my yard." I was like, "Sweetie, that ain't a dog. It's a coyote!!" She'd never seen one before. I see them here and there but have only seen dead fisher cats.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2008, 08:26 PM   #867  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

Thanks for all the well wishes, ladies. It's been a long weekend. I'm dreading tomorrow.... my first day home ALL ALONE. I've never been home alone without a cat (or two or three). DH and I had the talk yesterday about getting another kitty. If he has his way, we will NEVER have another. Needless to say, he AIN'T GETTIN HIS WAY. I went to PetSmart today with some of Taz's stuff to donate to the rescue group that does adoptions there on the weekends. Got rid of some of the bazillion toys we had and the 7 weeks worth of "senior formula" kibble (that I just bought about 10 days ago!). They had a couple of sweet kitties there.... DH nearly had a STROKE. Heh heh heh.... totally worth it..... Can't adopt a new kitty till the end of the month, after my trip to Disneyland, anyway.

I got the images stamped for my SA Christmas swap. Got almost all of them cut out. I have such a hard time judging a straight line. I hate cutting out "straight-edge" images!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2008, 06:56 AM   #868  
Stazon Splitcoast

Woops!!

I accidently pressed 2 day shipping when I put in my huge order for myself. Oh well, guess I'll have to have it in 2 days!! LOL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2008, 07:13 AM   #869  
Hardware Hotshot

Jen- Good for you. If I lived where it took several days to ship, I am sure I would expedite a lot, especially when picking is 5 days!

Lisa- Good for you for doing some good with Taz's stuff. And I hear ya on cutting things out!

I have another design figured out that doesn't involve anything I don't already have. Sometimes the ideas I have in my head don't translate well so I would hate to wait until the week after next and then not like it anyway. maybe I will use that for my some of my own Christmas cards. And I didn't want to be the one holding up the group either.

Last night, I cut out all the images and today I am going to get all the card stock cut and punched. Then I can assemble tomorrow (or maybe tonight if I get really ambitious and can stay away from Mario).

Have a great day everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2008, 09:15 AM   #870  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ack!

My friend wanted me to sign up on facebook, so I did. Now I'm getting inundated with messages - be my friend, someone wrote on my wall ????whatever that is!, join this group....what did I get myself into?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2008, 11:53 AM   #871  
Stazon Splitcoast

LOL Jen. IDK I'm too old to be on Facebook.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2008, 12:44 PM   #872  
Hardware Hotshot

I had a long lost friend contact me about her new facebook site, but I didn't sign up. Sorry you had that problem. Is there a way to make it private? So that only those you invite to see it can?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2008, 12:51 PM   #873  
Hardware Hotshot

I'm having a case of the major guilts. My aunt called me today to see if I could make announcements for my cousin's new baby. I told her I could do them, but not until the week after next. They wanted need them in the mail by then. So I told her that I couldn't do it.

Now I feel guilty. I almost never say no to anything, especially when it's family. Did I do the right thing? This is why I never say no, because I always feel bad about it. Even though when I say yes, I always end up over stressed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2008, 12:58 PM   #874  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, it's official. Paula is a terrible person. She told someone she could do their baby announcements after she gets back from Disneyland, and then she didn't just CANCEL her trip when they needed the announcements sooner. Gosh, Paula, at least take them on the plane or do them at the hotel at night instead of sleeping. What kind of person ARE you?

LOLOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2008, 01:18 PM   #875  
Hardware Hotshot

LOLOL!! Do you have a listening device in my head Amy?

I was actually thinking there has to be some way I can do it this week before I go. Ya know, in addition to finishing my swap, holding a class, helping out at my son's school, making hygiene kits for the hurricane victims, and all the laundry and packing I have to do. Oh, and getting enough rest to finish getting over this cold.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2008, 01:22 PM   #876  
Stazon Splitcoast

As a matter of fact, I DO! If you're dead, you can't make anybody's cards! You know what makes it easier to say No? Giving people an alternative. Is there another relative with some sort of ability who could help them?

"You know, Auntie Asker, Cousin Julia is getting SO GOOD at design! Did you see the graduation announcements she made for her sister? I bet she would LOVE to help you design something, and she has such a good eye!"

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2008, 02:14 PM   #877  
Pearl-ExPert

Paula, I know how you feel, but throughout time I have learned to say no, or to set limits and sometimes those limits don't work out for the person asking. I used to do everything before I met DH...being single and well trying to please as many people as I could. Don't feel bad, sometimes things will just not work out.
P.S. I hope you are feeling 100% before your vacation!

Jen, I would look into the private thing Paula mentioned...I have never personally been to facebook or myspace...don't think I want to go there. My blog is as out there as I want to be.

I got my order today (expiditing can be addicting...but that's another "help" group ). Anyway, where was I going with that...oh yeah, I got my first DE and have already applied it. See here... http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=42732
It applied to the wall beautifully - which was great cause I was getting a little miffed at how it was peeling off the backing. Now we'll see if DH likes it...he did okay the idea, so we'll see about the end result.

Rhonda - I hope you are feeling better too!

Okay no cyber sharing of germs! I do not want to get sick.

DH had his consult today with the oral surgeon, yep need to have teeth extracted and be put out to do it. That ought to be inexpensive, NOT!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2008, 02:40 PM   #878  
Pearl-ExPert

Amy, so if I were pushing you over the edge...
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=387720 come play in the snow with me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2008, 02:49 PM   #879  
Stazon Splitcoast

<covers cyber ears> LA LA LA LA LA

Weren't we just trying to help Paula say no????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2008, 02:55 PM   #880  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh man.........
Reply With Quote Likes