Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-06-2008, 02:56 PM   #881  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My facebook is private, but I joined my high school class's reunion group, so since I'm new I'm getting a lot of emails. I think it will settle down soon!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2008, 02:57 PM   #882  
Stazon Splitcoast

Paula - just say no......

I know it's hard but I'm learning too. They were after me to be den mother for Tiger Scouts, whereas I'm already volunteering to teach CCD. I just said no, but I will be happy to help when it's time for arts and crafts. Besides, there was NO way I was going to wear the uniform!! LOL! Which reminds me, we've got a conflict tomorrow - soccer and den meeting at the same time...must solve this.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2008, 05:19 PM   #883  
Polyshrink Goddess

We have such hard lives - the fact we are dedicated to other good causes prevents us from heroing every good cause. Paula - you aren't a bad person for saying no - if you can't be honest with your family and have them respect how busy you are, who can you trust?

I hope everyone is feeling better - I didn't see any virtual coughs or sneezes out there today so hopefully it's almost passed our group by. I tried to take today off since I had to work most of Friday when I had the day and guess what? I worked 9 hours from home. Arg - speaking of saying no...... how hypocritical am I?

Anyhow, good news is that my camp is not only cut and instructions are written but it's already laying out around the house so I am ready for Thursday. Just have to buy cookies and crackers and I'm good! I posted most of my projects in my gallery - if anyone likes them (not that I'm begging or anything), I do have instructions typed up which saves other a step (assuming you like them of course!) There is one card missing becuase I'm doing exactly what I got from a convention swap and the other project is the hanging calendar that is already in my gallery.

I am going to post my two swaps I just did for our Creatively inspired group too and the projects for my upcoming workshops but I had to swing by first here and say Hi!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2008, 05:22 PM   #884  
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh yeah, Facebook. Jen - I signed up because it's a great way to keep in touch with my friends from college that are around the country. It does mean people can find you but usually that's a good thing - to have blasts from the past find you. And if you weren't lost to them, but purposely avoiding them post-graduation, well, you don't have to accept the invites. Oh.... did I show another side of myself there? Hee hee.

I did meet up with a good friend of mine this weekend. She got a job at the college that I really wanted but she's PERFECT for it. We hung out and drank wine and talked about the similiarities between her new job and my current one. Today she sent me an email saying how great it was to see me and that I was still the same fresh breath of air as I was when we went to school together. It made my whole day to know that I made someone else's better. Smiling so big right now at thinking about it - I think I'll go do our SA swaps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2008, 05:55 PM   #885  
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh my God - I need help from one of you. I made this horrible meat for dinner and it almost made me sick while it was cooking. The flavor profile just wasn't for us. Anyhow, I let it cool, put it in the garbage, took the bag out to the garage and washed all the pans by hand. But I cannot get this foul smell out of my house. I could get a FIRE smell out of my house but this one is even beating FeBreeze -- any home remedies that anyone can share?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2008, 05:59 PM   #886  
Hardware Hotshot

Stacy- Cute cards. Good luck with your class. And with the smell. Light a candle, open the windows, turn on a fan. Probably all things you've already done if you are on to Febreeze.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2008, 06:01 PM   #887  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post
Paula - just say no......

I know it's hard but I'm learning too. They were after me to be den mother for Tiger Scouts, whereas I'm already volunteering to teach CCD. I just said no, but I will be happy to help when it's time for arts and crafts. Besides, there was NO way I was going to wear the uniform!! LOL! Which reminds me, we've got a conflict tomorrow - soccer and den meeting at the same time...must solve this.....
Don't even get me started on Cub Scouts. My DS isn't even old enough yet, but I learned my lesson the hard way on that one. Let's just say, I'll never be a den mother again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2008, 06:58 PM   #888  
Polyshrink Goddess

Good news/bad news.... I have so many sprays and candles going that I'm having a huge allergy attack. But I can't smell it right now because I can't breathe. So glass have empty/half full!

Thanks for the compliment on the gallery. I just got an email saying they are all new stampers at the demo camp on the 13th so time to redo the party to make it easier. Want to reel them in not scare them off! I'll post those projects tomorrow for some feedback.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2008, 07:13 PM   #889  
Crimping Master

OMG! Stacy, you had me giggling so hard! I love the way you can even look on the bright side of a "foul smelling meat induced allergy attack".
Just a quick drop in to say "hi". I've been working on a paper for school and now DH informs me that he has a cold, so I must pay attention to his suffering (heavy sigh).
I'll catch up more later and I'll be sure to check you gallery Stacy, you know how I love your projects
Missi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2008, 08:13 PM   #890  
Stazon Splitcoast

So much to reply to here, suddenly. LOL

Stacy--try bowls of white vinegar set out overnight. It works, and it's hypo-allergenic. LOL Also, cut open some lemons and wipe them around your kitchen. AND, I love your calendar swap and I'm using it for a Christmas project.

Paula--famous last words. You'll end up as den leader again for sure, now! LOL

My turn to enable: This is a great swap--and also a great way to get in another fab group of swappers. Check out some of the "names" on these lists! Anyway, Jami needs to fill Group 3 by Friday. She's looking for swappers.
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...8#post11592258
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2008, 08:23 PM   #891  
Mad Swapper

HELLOoooooooo!
I think my last post hinted that I might have been a little bit bored....I shouldn't have said a thing!!!!!
Not that I'm complaining - I love every minute of my business with this cute little family!

(But we're going on 2 weeks without stamping. How could I have left home without a stamp and an ink pad?????)

I hope y'all keep your 'virtual' viruses to yourselves! I have been very healthy here and need to stay healthy for everything that's going to hit the fan when I get home. (Which will be Wednesday. I'm taking the Greyhound. 6 hours on the bus. Should be an experience worth sharing, doncha think?)

As usual, we are a busy bunch here.

Lisa, I'm so sorry for the loss of your cat. Hard to go thru. I hope your vacation can take your mind off it for a little while.

Speaking of vacations, Paula - you'd better leave, quick! Just don't take the guilts with you!

Okay, baby's crying. Gotta go - hugs to the rest of you.

Kathy

p.s. here's a cute picture I got today:
Attached Thumbnails
Swappers Anonymous-nate-n-knowly.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2008, 08:56 PM   #892  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

What a sweet baby Kathy! Super cheeks!

(May he cry extra lots until you have to leave, so it won't be quite so difficult to go )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2008, 09:05 PM   #893  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, Kathy! It's so good to hear from you! Kiss those babies for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2008, 09:10 PM   #894  
Polyshrink Goddess

What a cute little baby!

Amy - look out - insight into Stacy is on it's way. I am allergic to citrus so the cutting of the lemons would send me to the dr and the rubbing them on the counters would make me move.

The open windows thing worked - I just shut my door to my craft room and let the smell stay outside it. Kinda...

G'night everyone - one of my projects at work is almost done and one of them hit the fan and got moved up 6 months. I'm pretty devestated but not shocked since this kind of sh&t keeps happening to me there. But I have to work to afford this great addiction to stamping and swapping! Trying to be as positive about work as I am about rotting meat... it's not working...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 05:50 AM   #895  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post
NEVER!!!!!!!! What's that quote about insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. I've learned my lesson on this one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 05:58 AM   #896  
Hardware Hotshot

I just finished my SA swap!!!! Just going to package them up and get them to the post office in the next day or so.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 06:34 AM   #897  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by smccainView Post
Amy - look out - insight into Stacy is on it's way. I am allergic to citrus so the cutting of the lemons would send me to the dr and the rubbing them on the counters would make me move.

The open windows thing worked - I just shut my door to my craft room and let the smell stay outside it. Kinda...

G'night everyone - one of my projects at work is almost done and one of them hit the fan and got moved up 6 months. I'm pretty devestated but not shocked since this kind of sh&t keeps happening to me there. But I have to work to afford this great addiction to stamping and swapping! Trying to be as positive about work as I am about rotting meat... it's not working...
Hey Stacy--don't use the lemon idea, k?

The vinegar thing (if you're not allergic to it!) really works for smells. I have asthma, and early in our marriage we always seemed to have an up- or downstairs neighbor who smoked. Ugh. It came in thru all kinds of vents and pipes. Bowls of vinegar helped a LOT. Hope that smell is gone today! And hope smelly work gets better, too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 07:46 AM   #898  
Pearl-ExPert

Cool

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post
So much to reply to here, suddenly. LOL

Stacy--try bowls of white vinegar set out overnight. It works, and it's hypo-allergenic. LOL Also, cut open some lemons and wipe them around your kitchen. AND, I love your calendar swap and I'm using it for a Christmas project.

My turn to enable: This is a great swap--and also a great way to get in another fab group of swappers. Check out some of the "names" on these lists! Anyway, Jami needs to fill Group 3 by Friday. She's looking for swappers.
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...8#post11592258
It's all your fault...I joined...I need to have my head examined...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 07:54 AM   #899  
Pearl-ExPert

I am so excited, Friday evening I am having dinner with my convention roomies. We all live in MN although not quite near each other, but we made a date before leaving convention to meet and catch up with each others ideas and progress. It is a 2 hour drive for me, but it will be so much fun.

Stacy, your cards are great. And the vinegar thing works for future reference.

Kathy - what precious boys!

Amy...you are on my list...are you joining me for the Snow Lovers Swap? Are ya huh? Are ya?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 08:24 AM   #900  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey, I figure one of you will know...

What happens to my stuff that is backordered that I expedited? Does it get re-expedited or do I have to wait the 7 - 10 days for it? I have a bunch of things backordered unfortunately....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 08:33 AM   #901  
Hardware Hotshot

I believe, they always ship it however the original order was suppose to be shipped. So they should ship it 2 days.

Lisa- That sounds like fun. Have a great time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 08:34 AM   #902  
Stazon Splitcoast

It gets re-expedited. It's very cool.

And no, Lisa, I am not joining the snow swap unless I get my other swaps done first! LOL I am the enabler, not the enabled. (If I keep telling myself that, will it work??)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 08:35 AM   #903  
Stazon Splitcoast

You are evil!! LOL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 08:38 AM   #904  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yay on the expediting!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 10:52 AM   #905  
Stazon Splitcoast

I shopped til I dropped today at Target!! Such fabulous clearance deals!

I got boys shorts for next year for $2!!
I got some toys for birthday gifts and all that for half off or more!!
I even bought an American Idol karaoke machine for the kids for $15 marked down from $60!!
I bought myself one of those frozen drink makers that also makes ice cream It was only $30!
I almost couldn't fit everything in my car!! LOL!!

That being said, I have a bunch of my birthday/Christmas shopping done!! So cool....it's going to take me all night to unload it! Good think kids are going to dad's!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 01:55 PM   #906  
Pearl-ExPert

Yea Jen! Sometimes shopping can just be so much fun. Swapping too, I see Amy has influenced you to join Jami's swap too. I think we owe her one...

Come on Amy, it's not due for a while yet. You have plenty of time. (insert evil grin here) LOL.

DH is taking me out for dinner. No place special, but I don't have to cook. Culver's by us is having an all you can eat fried chicken dinner night...he will come home happy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 01:59 PM   #907  
Stazon Splitcoast

I spent 3 hours today helping my mom shop for clothes at Penneys. <sigh> I hadn't planned on that! LOL Didn't wear the right shoes for that much shopping--my feet are killing me.

I did buy myself a beautiful long chocolate chip "car coat" sweater as a reward. LOL

If I ever get to my current swaps, you know I won't be able to resist another one. I promised myself 2 swaps at a time. I did three in Sept and it was too much. I don't get quite the same high from mailed swaps as I did from convention swaps! Except SA swaps, since I "know" all of you! Those are the best!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 02:21 PM   #908  
Stazon Splitcoast

ooohhh, i've been looking for one of those sweaters...will have to check out penny's this weekend.

really, i needed to get this shopping done. my oldest had no pants that fit, so i had to buy him pants, and well, target is so cheap for play clothes and all that. especially our target - it's only been open maybe 2 years and is always empty. more and more people are coming to shop there though...lots of bargains.

i did pay full price for one item - the Darth Vadar voice changing mask. My oldest loves Star Wars - I may try and find the Storm Trooper too. We'll see. I think they are going to be a hot item this year.

oh, and i did pay full price for my fav. blue corn tortilla chips. less processed and healthier than regular ones. same price as tostitos
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 02:45 PM   #909  
Stazon Splitcoast

Target is a great place for kids' clothes. Especially boys, I think. My sons both outgrew everything that fit last spring. LOL So did my almost-9yo daughter, but I think I have her covered now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 03:26 PM   #910  
Stazon Splitcoast

I love our Target.....it opens at 8 which is when preschool and kindergarten start - the only place open to shop. Also, it's the only place within 20 min. to get a Starbucks coffee. When the Town Planning board shot Starbucks down in a very reasonable, already built building (but OK'd another grocery store on pristine wilderness) they went ahead and signed up with Target and put one IN the Target!! Who got the last laugh???!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 03:51 PM   #911  
Hardware Hotshot

Very strange, I thought I posted about an hour ago, and now it's not there. Just ramblings about feeling like a criminal for buying decongestant. Maybe that was to risque for this site?

Also, I posted that my swaps are on there way to ya Jen. Should have them by Friday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2008, 04:57 PM   #912  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

HI girls! Sounds like you've all done some great shopping! I finally am coming out of the fog a bit. I have an idea for Season of Simple Grace....we'll see if it translates to paper......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 05:16 AM   #913  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapshappenView Post
Very strange, I thought I posted about an hour ago, and now it's not there. Just ramblings about feeling like a criminal for buying decongestant. Maybe that was to risque for this site?

Also, I posted that my swaps are on there way to ya Jen. Should have them by Friday.
Can't wait!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 05:17 AM   #914  
Stazon Splitcoast

My order is out for delivery!!! I am cleaning while waiting for Mr. Brown.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 07:11 AM   #915  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have my SA swap all cut--today I am going to get everything else done on it that I can without my order that's coming tomorrow! I hope to get it in the mail Friday or Monday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 10:28 AM   #916  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Ladies

We've been contacted by our caseworker about a 3 year-old boy available for adoption. We are seriously considering it. He has some baggage as any 3 yr old being placed might. We will meet him on Friday afternoon. Pray for us. This is a huge life-altering decision and I keep going back and forth from being terrified to being excited.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 10:33 AM   #917  
Stazon Splitcoast

Paula, your post gave me chills! I'll be praying for you all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 10:50 AM   #918  
Stazon Splitcoast

Paula,

I'll definitely be praying for you. How happy I am that you are hoping/looking to expand your family. How truly wonderful. I needed some good news in my life this week and reading your post just brings me joy....I can't wait to hear how Friday goes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 11:20 AM   #919  
Pearl-ExPert

{HUGS} Paula! That is a life altering decision. I will be praying for you and your family this week. And I know what you mean about the decongesant...DH has alergies and we buy them for him...show your driver's license, check the system, sign this - no you can only buy one package today - no you cannot buy two different kinds - you will have to try the other one another time...So sad we have come to that.

Home early again today (pray for more work). Went to chriopractor and shoulder is improving - even though I cannot see it or feel it much. I sure hope so, cause the next option is surgery.

Off to do more watercoloring for the SA Swap.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2008, 01:51 PM   #920  
Pearl-ExPert

I finally got my layer swap card where I am happy with it...I really like the died strand of the rope twine on the mittens.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...4596?cat=14765

All the watercoloring for the SA Swap is now done and I am ready to make cards.

Now to ponder a card for Jami's swap...
Reply With Quote Likes