Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-02-2008, 07:29 AM   #2761  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by biffsbeeView Post
Going back again? Will you be home for Christmas? Are you packing your secret elf gifties to bring along? Oh, that might be fun! What do you do that you are traveling? I missed it if you have already said...
Hi Lisa! I am a Treasury Manager and half of our company is based out of London. SO to coordinate all the banking etc, I have to travel. I am hoping NOT to go this month... but my boss gave me an indication yesterday that he would like me to go. We'll see. I am hoping to wait until January to travel again.

I forgot about my secret elf gifties that I am GETTING! I am so focused on getting them done and perfect that I forgot I will be getting some myself.. what a brain dead goof I can be! I will have to take them with me I think!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 07:35 AM   #2762  
Pearl-ExPert

Kathy, I am so glad to hear your daugher is coming home. I was that child and I can imagine how you feel as the mom. {hugs}

Ellie, although I am not the mom, I would agree with the gals in letting her keep it, but water only if she is using it all day - otherwise the sugars in the juice and even milk will decay her little teeth faster.

Jen, hope your warm oatmeal made you feel a bit better. I love oatmeal especially on a chilly day. Today was not so bad, but supposed to be chillier this weekend. Maybe snowy tomorrow morning.

Speaking of snow, boss informed me this morning he is plowing on the side this winter cause it is so slow. Works for me cause then I will get a few more hours on snow days. I know I have nothing to complain about, we (DH & I) are blessed through his business. But from be scheduled for 25 hours a week to having only 16 hours last pay period is a bit of an adjustment. That is our fun money, eating out etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 07:36 AM   #2763  
Pearl-ExPert

Hmmm Nubby Sippy Cups.. hmmm THANK YOU.. I am going to go look for those.. the thing is I also think it is her security thing because she will not go to sleep w/out her Baba(thats what she calls it) and lets say she wakes up in the middle of the night that is what she is calling for she will grab it and go right back to sleep.. hmmm I am going to check Walmart on Friday and get me some of those cups! Cross your fingers!

My poor Sweets (no pun intended) had his sippy cup to go to sleep(how he did it I will never know lol) the sitter that watched him gave him choc. milk to go to sleep! (before I was a SAHM) come to find out when we took him to the dentist at 3 he had 8 cavities!!!!! I felt like the worst mom EVER you best believe that is like my big fear so my kids brush after meals and before bed and whenever possible! LOL...

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 07:37 AM   #2764  
Pearl-ExPert

Liz, you fly out of Chicago too, what fun that can be in the winter time! Well here's hoping you can wait until Jan so you don't have extra packing to do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 07:37 AM   #2765  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapshappenView Post
I finally was reading the Parade that comes in the Sunday paper and there was a whole article in there about shopping habits. I found this quote about grocery shopping:

"Bargains" stimulate our natural hoarding instinct. A small region in the prefrontal cortex of our brain is associated with collecting. Scientists believe that it reacts as it did earlier in our evolution, when food supplies may have been scarce. In other words, we're hardwired to respond to shortages by doing all we can to ensure our survival. The result? A lot of soup and a lot of pasta."

And Rubber Stamps, card stock, DSP, embellishments, BS Dies, Cricut Cartridges, etc, etc, etc.

I think that small region in my prefrontal cortex is a little bigger than others.
he he he, love this.. it is no longer all my fault.. I am evolutionarily prewired for DSP hoarding...

although, I have to say I have been doing a good job of using my DSP and goodies on my elfie gifts... I may be breaking old habits!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 07:38 AM   #2766  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post
Umm, anyone know why I ordered so many different packs of DSP from the FW Catalog????? <sigh>
when you figure that out.. let me know. I ordered like 10.. no jokes.. might even be 12. I am fully stocked
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 07:40 AM   #2767  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by ececsyView Post
he he he, love this.. it is no longer all my fault.. I am evolutionarily prewired for DSP hoarding...

although, I have to say I have been doing a good job of using my DSP and goodies on my elfie gifts... I may be breaking old habits!
This is only temporary, don't let it fool you. Have you preview ordered yet??? And then there is the retiring list...don't forget those DSP will be going away and you just love XYZ of them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 07:40 AM   #2768  
Pearl-ExPert

Okay, I really have to do payroll now. Ta for now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 07:46 AM   #2769  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Liz, you fly out of Chicago too, what fun that can be in the winter time! Well here's hoping you can wait until Jan so you don't have extra packing to do.
yeah.. O'hare is the most reliable airport... ha ha.. Luckily I live only 20 minutes away from OHare so if my flight is delayed or cancelled.. I can get home quick!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 07:59 AM   #2770  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

This is only temporary, don't let it fool you. Have you preview ordered yet??? And then there is the retiring list...don't forget those DSP will be going away and you just love XYZ of them.
gee thanks Lisa! I am doomed! I have still have paper from when I started as a demo in 2005- it's the single sided stuff! ha ha! I have seen the preview..

"I will not order Raspberry Tart. I will not order Raspberry Tart" I don't think thats working.. it's still on my list!

On another note, anyone want to come to Illinois in February? I am organizing a scrap/stamp weekend in Rockford. Don't all reply at once! we all know Illinois is the BEST vacation spot in February! ha ha!! I found a nice place for up to 16 people for $1700.. so far I have 9 people confirmed to go.. I'll let you know how it turns out.

I am giggling at some of your stories about kids. I don't have any.. but I have dogs. Yesterday, I came home and found my pjs and socks in the middle of the den floor.. they were underneath my pillow when I left the house! no damage done..just I think my 2 year old mix was missing me yesterday (since I was on vacation all last week). it's kinda sweet actually.

anyway... Finished another elfie gift last night.. one I am particularly proud of. the girls at work were oohing over it this morning. this is so much stinking fun!

Amy- sounds like you are on the road to recovery?

Kathy- have fun with your daughter coming home!

Lisa- nice picture of you and your husband!

Jen- I had eggos for breakfast this morning.. brought me back to being in 2nd grade.. amazing that food and smells can do that! "leggo my eggo!"

have a good day all! gotta actually do some of that Treasury work now.. as much as I am not motivated to!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 08:06 AM   #2771  
Stazon Splitcoast

I forgot about *receiving* elf gifts, too! LOL

I am getting better slowly. I have Card Buffet tonite, so it's a good thing! My breathing is better today. Back hurts more, I'm sure because I'm doing too much. But umm, imagine if you will the amount of laundry 8 people cause.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 08:47 AM   #2772  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I am getting better slowly. I have Card Buffet tonite, so it's a good thing! My breathing is better today. Back hurts more, I'm sure because I'm doing too much. But umm, imagine if you will the amount of laundry 8 people cause.
Don't forget you are the mom...you can delegate Try not to overdo and have a great buffet tonight. I have none signed up for my Dec class and the deadline was yesterday. Oh well, free day for me and no prep. I can work on my swap cards for preview.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 08:48 AM   #2773  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Amy - I'm glad you're feeling better. I'm picturing you standing in front of that huge ball of laundry from the commercial. Don't you have slaves, I mean kids for that?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 08:50 AM   #2774  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

gee thanks Lisa! I am doomed! I have still have paper from when I started as a demo in 2005- it's the single sided stuff! ha ha! I have seen the preview..

"I will not order Raspberry Tart. I will not order Raspberry Tart" I don't think thats working.. it's still on my list! oh, but you will

On another note, anyone want to come to Illinois in February? I am organizing a scrap/stamp weekend in Rockford. Don't all reply at once! we all know Illinois is the BEST vacation spot in February! ha ha!! I found a nice place for up to 16 people for $1700.. so far I have 9 people confirmed to go.. I'll let you know how it turns out. what weekend? really...

anyway... Finished another elfie gift last night.. one I am particularly proud of. the girls at work were oohing over it this morning. this is so much stinking fun! Me having fun too!
Really, what weekend...trying to plan something for my sister and I to just run away for a weekend - she turns 40 in March...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 08:50 AM   #2775  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by mischief732View Post
Amy - I'm glad you're feeling better. I'm picturing you standing in front of that huge ball of laundry from the commercial. Don't you have slaves, I mean kids for that?
LOL - that is what my sister calls them
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 09:26 AM   #2776  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Really, what weekend...trying to plan something for my sister and I to just run away for a weekend - she turns 40 in March...
I put it out there as a JOKE!!.. but if you are interested.. here is the info. We would LOVE to have you. the group of ladies are all really fun to be around.. and I usually find interesting stories to make everyone laugh..

it's Feb 20, 21, 22 from 12 on Friday to midnight Sunday... or whenever you are sick of Scrapping! here is the B&B info... http://www.riverhouse.ws/index.html I'll PM you the rest of the info if you want! let me know! The weather might be kinda iffy for a long drive from Minnesota!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 10:30 AM   #2777  
Crimping Master

Yay, Kathy! Great news about your daughter!

So glad you're starting to feel better, Amy!

Liz, you have an awesome job! Do you need someone to carry your suitcase next time you fly to London? (Me, me! Please pick me!)

I'm so glad all of this ordering and hoarding stuff is not my fault - whew! And I've actually heard rumors that Stampin' Up was the cause of the stock market crash this year! And I believe it!

I'm actually getting some work done today - yay!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 10:38 AM   #2778  
Stazon Splitcoast

You ladies all make me smile!

I'll go to London too!

I took a nap today...still feeling kind of yucky. Now, waiting for Jack to come home to start homework. He's got Scouts tonight, but luckily STBX is going to take him and I'll stay home with little guy and put him to bed. Scouts is sooo late at night. It's not until 6:30 and my kids usually go to bed by 7/7:15! The bus comes at 7:15 in the a.m. - my biggest gripe about an otherwise wonderful school - gotta have something right?!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 10:40 AM   #2779  
Stazon Splitcoast

Liz,
When we used to fly out to IL to see the ex's family, we'd always choose Midway, since Southwest is right here in Manchester and it'd be easy to get a flight. The ex has family all over IL and WI and IA.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 10:41 AM   #2780  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just got an email from one of the dad's in my heart support group that his son passed away in his sleep last night. He was 5 1/2. Truly heartbreaking.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 11:00 AM   #2781  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post
Liz,
When we used to fly out to IL to see the ex's family, we'd always choose Midway, since Southwest is right here in Manchester and it'd be easy to get a flight. The ex has family all over IL and WI and IA.
I wish I had the midway option.. that airport is fantastic.. rarely late.. etc..

but they don't go to London..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 11:00 AM   #2782  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I just got an email from one of the dad's in my heart support group that his son passed away in his sleep last night. He was 5 1/2. Truly heartbreaking.
Oh, that is so sad.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 11:04 AM   #2783  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

that does break my heart... my heart goes out to him.

I grew up in a neighborhood where we had a boy, Tommy, with cystic fibrosis. we would all play with him when he was out and able to play with us. Broke our hearts when he died when he was 10.. I was probably 11 at the time.. and he hadn't been able to play with us for a year at least. Oh that was so sad.. but at the same time, a valuable lesson for an 11 year old... I learned to enjoy the healthy life that I had knowing that others were not so fortunate.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 11:12 AM   #2784  
Crimping Master

Quote:

I'm so sorry. That is so sad.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 11:14 AM   #2785  
Crimping Master

Quote:

The ex has family all over IL and WI and IA.

WHAT??? A boy with good solid Midwestern roots, and he cheated on you??? The rat!

(I'm from Iowa!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 11:33 AM   #2786  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I wish I had the midway option.. that airport is fantastic.. rarely late.. etc..

but they don't go to London..
We feel the same way about our trips to Spain. Last year we left out of Newark - which is pretty bad and then came home via JFK, which is worse - that's 2 hours or so from my parent's house, sometimes more, sometimes less, where Newark is only about 30 min, but Newark is so congested and smaller planes and more expensive usually too. The previous year when we went to Spain we left the day the police arrested all these people for plotting to blow up the fuel lines at JFK. So, we were delayed 4 hours - our flight left at 1 a.m. - I had two sleeping little ones in the airport. At least we were in the airport - I felt much worse for the people stuck on the plane for 4 hours. That is horrible.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 11:34 AM   #2787  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Oh, that is so sad.
Just makes you want to pull your child close and never let go.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 11:36 AM   #2788  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by pammybabyView Post
WHAT??? A boy with good solid Midwestern roots, and he cheated on you??? The rat!

(I'm from Iowa!)
I never said he had good, solid, Midwestern roots!! LOL!! He grew up in Illinois, I forget the name of the town!! Wow! How soon we forget! But, anyway, his dad cheated on his mom and left when HE was 4. So, now, he's doing it to his kids.
I didn't get to see much of Iowa - his brother lives in Davenport. But, we drove around up there to Wisconsin (Madison) and back down to Iowa. Very pretty - unbelievable how flat it is!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 11:36 AM   #2789  
Mad Swapper

Kathy- congrats on your daugther coming home. That has to be such a great feeling!

Liz - I would seriously consider coming up there in Febuary, but I have already committed to a weekend retreat in March and I think my dh would have me committed if I said I wanted to to go away another weekend

Amy- good luck on your card buffett tonight. I hope you continue to feel better.

Jen - What awful news. It always amazes me the courage and strength parents have when they lose a child. So sad.

I've been up since 4:30 this morning. DH had to be at hospital at 5:30 for an outpatient surgery. it went well and he is at home, but he did get sick in the bathroom earlier adn we almost had a fight about who was going to clean it up! I won! Unfortunalty my price was cleaning it up. But seriously, did he think I was going to make him do it? jeez. While I was in the waiting room I made up my to do list for December...yikes!

I will send out a PM to everyone in a day or so re: the preview swap!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 11:46 AM   #2790  
Pearl-ExPert

Jen, that is very sad. {hugs}

Crissy, you deserve {hugs} for that too! Go enjoy a nap.

Liz, not that far to drive! My Nana lived in Racine WI so we did that drive for years and years. Actually would love to drive through Racine and pick up a good Kringle. Yum. I will check out the link - we were thinking of Chicago anyway, and we are MN girls, so winter doesn't scare us.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 11:49 AM   #2791  
Stazon Splitcoast

What's a Kringle?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 11:50 AM   #2792  
Stazon Splitcoast

I wanted to let you all know that your Christmas cards that you donated are on their way one by one to a heart family mom and her son. They are both homebound, so I will be sending them some Christmas cheer. I also posted here on SCS and Stampin Discuss for the son, and have gotten some good responses. He's 14 and hasn't been to school in a year and a half, due to his heart. Poor guy. The mom thought he'd like card addressed to him, as they have no family nearby, so I'm sending her some too. Totally makes you count your blessings, for sure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 11:51 AM   #2793  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Jen, that is very sad. {hugs}

Crissy, you deserve {hugs} for that too! Go enjoy a nap.

Liz, not that far to drive! My Nana lived in Racine WI so we did that drive for years and years. Actually would love to drive through Racine and pick up a good Kringle. Yum. I will check out the link - we were thinking of Chicago anyway, and we are MN girls, so winter doesn't scare us.
LOL!! Well said!!

P.S. It doesn't scare me either! Bring it on, I say!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 11:52 AM   #2794  
Stazon Splitcoast

OK, need to go and iron on another badge for my son's Cub Scout shirt. What is up with all these badges??!! LOL!! Thank goodness for super iron on stuff!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 12:10 PM   #2795  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

What's a Kringle?
um.. one of the yummiest things on the planet.. it's totally a wisconsin thing I think.. basically a very very yummy coffee cake in a circle shape... comes in a few flavors. A customer of mine had three at the snacks table.. I couldn't get the ladies to sit down and stamp!

Lisa- if you bring a Kringle or two.. i'll give ya a discounted rate! I'll PM you the additional information.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 12:13 PM   #2796  
Mad Swapper

Crissy- I am thinking I will plan another one for October or November next year.. I will definitely keep you in the loop so you can join in the fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 01:22 PM   #2797  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Kathy-Great news about your DD wanting to go back to school and stuff...woohootie!

Liz-I bet you will have no problems with weather....the three times we get precipitation here in the winter, mother nature usually puts down a sheet of ice and sleet before she starts the snow and the one sand truck has a hard time getting to all the streets (yes, I'm being dramatic....there is more than one sand truck, but they just don't worry about it much here)

Amy-Have fun tonight and I hope you continue to enjoy your new inhaler!

Jen-I'm so sorry about your friends' little boy. So sad.

Crissy-I hope your DH continues to feel better. I'll be anxiously awaiting your pm about the swap

(post semi-CASE'd from Crissy)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 01:42 PM   #2798  
Stazon Splitcoast

This video will make you laugh and cry...don't worry - it's upbeat. One of the kids has what I have: an ASD: atrial septal defect, but they don't list the conditions of what the transplant kids had - probably cardiomyopathy, what Drew has....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 01:55 PM   #2799  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Crissy- I am thinking I will plan another one for October or November next year.. I will definitely keep you in the loop so you can join in the fun!
I sent you a pm back, keep me in the loop for next fall too. Not sure if the Feb weekend will work as the following Friday I leave for two weeks to Ukraine. DH may not be pleased with me being gone.

Kringle is a Danish Pastry that is totally yummy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2008, 03:56 PM   #2800  
Hardware Hotshot

Only have a second. I've had a busy day. We have a pot luck dinner at the church tonight that I am sort of responsible for (delegated a lot of it though) so I've been busy getting ready and I am just about out the door.

Jen- So sorry about that little guy. Mostly for his family that is left behind to miss him. They will be in my prayers for sure.

I have no midwest roots, other than my mom lived in Aimes for a few years while her dad was in graduate school a million years ago. (I think one of my uncles might have been born there too.) That's it. Most of mine are all western. I've lived in 5 states, all west of the Mississippi.
Reply With Quote Likes