Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-25-2008, 04:32 PM   #681  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are all amazing. I was trying to catch up on all the posts and can't believe how diverse of a group we have.

Paula - also a poli sci major - there's one more thing we have in common besides are incredible personalities.

So my DH is supposed to have band practice on Thursdays but they got canceled and now he may not have them anymore. Too bad all my classes are still scheduled that day - looks like he'll just have to meet up with his "rock band" buddies like he is doing tonight so I can catch up. He doesn't know what to do with me when I get this stressed out so he's just letting me craft and hopes that he'll come home to his fun wife instead of his overwhelmed one!

Why is it that when things get out of control in one area of life, it seeps into everything else? I'm doing another 60+ hour work week and I'm just buried in crafts (which is supposed to relax me). ***? When will I learn to say NO!!!!!

Never to you though - my xmas swap is one of the only things I have done!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2008, 04:35 PM   #682  
Stazon Splitcoast

It's really easy to do thumbnails!! The trick is resizing your photo first, so SCS doesn't yell at you that your photo is too large.

Here's what I do (hoping I remember all the steps as I type):

I export my photo using Picasa to a special folder so I can find it again. I resize to 800 pixels or less.

Then in your reply, click on go advanced.

Click on manage attachments.

Click on Browse until you find the file.

Then two steps...I think you click open first and then scroll to the right and click upload or it might be opposite. Either way, you have to scroll to the right, since the screen isn't big enough for you to see that option.

When you're done it'll show that you have an attachment and then just click reply.

Voila!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2008, 04:37 PM   #683  
Stazon Splitcoast

checking to make sure I'm right...

yes, i'm right, but SCS is being very testy about file sizes tonight...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2008, 04:41 PM   #684  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapshappenView Post
You're funny Jen! Make my own soup. LOL! OK. I do a few times a year, but the rest of the time, it's Chunky from a can. Hope you feel better soon.
I had the same (laughing) reaction. Uh, can we say, "PROGRESSO"? LOL! DH likes Chunky, but it's SOOOOOOO high in calories!!!! I used to have an AWESOME split pea soup recipe for the crockpot, but neither DH or my best friend will eat split pea and it makes more than I can eat before it goes bad. It doesn't freeze really well either.... Sigh....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2008, 05:45 PM   #685  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Okay so I was stuck on the page before and missed the whole day of chatting! What a goob!

I can't respond to everything, but I will (gorgeous coloring Kathy) say having lots of SCS posts means 1. you have buddies 2. you comment on cards and make people feel happy. It is a good thing says the chick with 26,000+ posts.

I made decent progress on my list....entered Cammie's blog candy, posted all my Stamp a Stack cards on my events blog (need to post one of them on SCS with credit given to the card I CASEd) One in SAS #2 is missing because it will be combined with a demo friend, and her card will fill the spot.

Here's what is left to do:

1. Figure out Lyssa's Haiku box-DH couldn't either, so I pm'ed her...she's going to help me by taking a pic of it open.

2. Stamp Club (October 10th)
a. Watercoloring card
b. pocket card
c. 3-D item/treat holder

3. Santa's workshop (middle of November) ideas
DVD tin, triangle bookmark, clear glass transparency ornament, lip balm holder, tags, packaging (maybe just a box of some sort)

4. Other swap due October 15th
5. SA swap due October 23rd

Last edited by rhondag; 09-25-2008 at 06:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2008, 07:13 PM   #686  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by smccainView Post
Paula - also a poli sci major - there's one more thing we have in common besides are incredible personalities.
I knew there was something I liked about you. It's a great major but when you graduate, it's one of those "now what?" degrees. I was lucky to get the job I did, but it was in public relations, not policy.

I just finished my hostess club and I can definitely tell the economy is taking a toll. It's going to be under $200 for the first time since we very first started. Oh well, between my own order and the one Internet order I had, I'll still get a very small VR and over ride this month. Hoping October is better with the hostess special.

I think I am finally all ready for the shoebox swap on Saturday. Finished the project and the extra swap today. I guess I still need to mount my new Party Hearty set, but other than that, it is ready to go.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2008, 07:50 PM   #687  
Mad Swapper

Rhonda, it looks like you're making great progress on your list! And I bow to you, queen of posting, and to Lisa (crazycatstamper) with your over 20,000 posts!!!!! It took me 4 years to get my measly 1,000 posts.

I guess it's because I didn't have SA until this year!

Kathy
(p.s. thanks to all for your kind comments about my card!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2008, 07:17 AM   #688  
Pearl-ExPert

Good Morning Everyone and Happy Friday!!!

So I took my card to my upline meeting last night - here is what I decided to do...order the rope twine and use that on the mittens, dying it to match the ink color of the mittens and use the choc stiched tab on the left side of the top note (ribbon option #1). THANK YOU all for your wonderful input. After all is said and done I will post it to my gallery. Waiting for Oct 1st to order the rope with some other stuff - need to have some sales for next quarter.

To Do list is looking pretty good for me...have Lots of Layers swap designed. SA swap is designed and watercoloring has begun. October Card Class ~ all 4 cards designed, flyer done and emailed/posted. Wow, for a procrastinator that is really impressive (sorry, self back patting ).

Eye Dr appt at 1, trying to leave work early to have lunch with DH. Then may have to shop a bit on my way home...bad girl...then more watercoloring.

Quiet weekend planned, only dinner with friends on Saturday evening. I am sure DH will bug me tons all weekend, but that's normal.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2008, 07:28 AM   #689  
Hardware Hotshot

One of the things I love about this thread is the ability to post goals and cross them off once they are done. I know it has really helped me be less of a procrastinator. So Lisa, no need to apologize for self-back patting. You are awesome for getting it done!

I'm meeting my SIL in about an hour to go to Gardner Village with the kids. It's the place Shelli talks about it on her blog today. It has the cutest shops and a couple of great restaurants. In the fall, they put up this really fun witch display that my son looks forward to going to every year.

I also lied when I said I was ready for the shoebox swap. Today I have to make a dessert and then also make a door prize. I am thinking of making one of Sharon's fun Frankie boxes and filling it with candy. It might end up being something left over from convention swaps however. For the dessert, I was considering getting brave and making a pumpkin roll. I love them, but have never actually made one before. Better have a back up plan in case it doesn't turn out though.

I am also teaching our women's class at church on Sunday and while I have a lot of ideas floating around my head, nothing is on paper yet. Better get to it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2008, 07:49 AM   #690  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning! I am starting to feel better, and I hope to actually get a few cards designed today.

I haven't even started on my SA idea, nor my card for Jami's Christmas Swap. And I need to design 4 more cards still for Card Buffet. But my day is pretty open, and so is my weekend. Except for helping my oldest daughter find a dress for homecoming <roll eyes>.

I bet if I actually straightened up my craft room, I could get something accomplished. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2008, 10:26 AM   #691  
Crimping Master

Hey all!

Paula - you are so ahead of me for Saturday! I thought I had my swap all designed and now I've changed my mind and will do something totally different. Thank heavens DH is out of town so I can work without interruptions! I still have to "throw together" a doorprize and an appetizer. It'll be late night! Anyone have a suggestion for a quick appetizer that is easy to transport? All I can think of are various dips. The swap is a little over an hour away from my house.

Jen- I'm going to try your instructions to post a thumbnail of our picture with Shelli from GTU. It's a huge file and my freebie photo software won't resize it.

My SU mini pre-order came Wednesday and I haven't even opened the box! So tonight I'll get to open it and play!!
Missi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2008, 10:27 AM   #692  
Stazon Splitcoast

Missi -

I really like Picasa and it's free!! It found pictures I had no idea I even had on my computer! It is so easy, once you play around with it. Let me know if you run into trouble...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2008, 12:16 PM   #693  
Pearl-ExPert

Paula, you could make pumpkin bars instead of the roll...just as yummy -

Missi - I have a great mini BLT appetizer, but not easier to transport unless you assemble them there. LMK, I would be happy to share it.

Amy, I posted my SAS cards in my gallery...you are welcome to case

Last edited by biffsbee; 09-26-2008 at 12:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2008, 01:34 PM   #694  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'll take those recipes!!

Still have a headache....just did 2 hours in a dark room...nothing....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2008, 01:35 PM   #695  
Stazon Splitcoast

The pizza dip recipe from Pampered Chef is delicous!! Just google it - it'll pop up! And it's fast and easy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2008, 01:54 PM   #696  
Stazon Splitcoast

Jen--sorry about your headache. If you are interested, Lavender oil often helps my headaches. (I buy mine at GNC.)

Lisa--thanks! I may take you up on that! I have lots of new autumn stuff I wanted to use, I just need to sit down and do it.

For appetizers, I like to buy a good spinach/artichoke dip and put bagel chips or sliced baguettes with it. Easy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2008, 02:19 PM   #697  
Hardware Hotshot

Well ladies I just wanted to say have a wonderful weekend. DH is on his way home to pick me up and then we head to the airport. I did manage to do two cards today, one for the Limted supplies challenge and one for Beate's weekend sketch challenge and helped a customer design a shower invitation. In between that I finished up laundry, ran some errands, and packed! My shipments from last weekend's clubs arrived 10 minutes ago, not enough time to unpack and bag up so I'll do that when I return home Monday evening. Have a super weekend and I'll talk to you'll when I return!
Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2008, 04:30 PM   #698  
Pearl-ExPert

I posted the mini BLT and pumpkin bar recipes on my blog if anyone is interested.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2008, 05:06 PM   #699  

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapshappenView Post
Hey, I just noticed I am finally a "Hardware Hotshot!" Woo Hoo!

Maybe that is a sad statement on my life though. Spending too much time on SCS?
ummmmmm.... yeah. Wait till you hit 20k and can make your own title.... LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2008, 05:07 PM   #700  

Quote:

Originally Posted by biffsbeeView Post
Silly thing will only let me attach 3 thumbnails at a time...
I like this last one with the chocolate loop behind the punched piece.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2008, 05:08 PM   #701  

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasStampinView Post
Hi ladies! I just popped in because I knew you'll would be honest with me and tell me how this card looks and if you'd like it. It's for the manly swap I'm hostessing and I've just really had a hard time with this one. My other group I had not problems with but this one has given me fits. Please tell me what you think and any suggestions you have. You won't hurt my feelings! Promise! Then I'm going to read and catch up on everyone's comings and goings. It's been a busy week here and DH and I leave for Utah tomorrow! Can't wait!
Sharon
It's AWESOME! That's how it looks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2008, 05:10 PM   #702  

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post
My scrapping weekend has been cancelled.
That BITES! If I lived close by, I'd come hang out with your kiddos for the weekend.... I wouldn't promise that their sugar high wouldn't last till Halloween, but I'd watch them! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2008, 05:14 PM   #703  

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin8momView Post
Rhonda, it looks like you're making great progress on your list! And I bow to you, queen of posting, and to Lisa (crazycatstamper) with your over 20,000 posts!!!!!
He he he.... Thanks! Hey, Rhonda! You need to make a title for yourself! I'm thinking something with SWAP ADDICT would be appropriate..... LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2008, 05:22 PM   #704  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thou shalt not judge thy fellow Splitcoaster by how many posts she has. Please. LOL

I can't remember who it was, but someone told me their husband saw how many posts I had and said I spent too much time on SCS. Bah. I call it job research.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2008, 06:51 PM   #705  
Hardware Hotshot

I call it staying sane!

I didn't mean to imply by my earlier post about being a Hardware Hotshot that anyone spends too much time here. I mean really, can you spend too much time here?

The kind of funny thing, I was stuck in Pearl-expert FOREVER! But I flew through the last 1000 posts pretty quickly. Guess it's because I never shut up here on SA.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2008, 06:52 PM   #706  
Stazon Splitcoast

It's all about finding a group of friends to chat with. I was just making fun of myself--and the girl's husband who made fun of me. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2008, 06:59 PM   #707  
Stazon Splitcoast

You'll notice I'm a gabfest goddess. Bwahahahaha!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2008, 07:00 PM   #708  
Hardware Hotshot

But that seems so fitting for you! Bwahahahah!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2008, 07:01 PM   #709  
Hardware Hotshot

I can only aspire to be just like you Amy (and Lisa and Rhonda!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2008, 07:04 PM   #710  
Stazon Splitcoast

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2008, 07:06 PM   #711  
Pearl-ExPert

It's easy to be gabby with such wonderful friends out there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2008, 07:08 PM   #712  
Pearl-ExPert

ooohhhh, I just changed to being a mad swapper! Woohoo!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2008, 07:09 PM   #713  
Hardware Hotshot

Congrats Lisa! That's a great title for you (and anyone else on this thread!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2008, 07:12 PM   #714  
Pearl-ExPert

I just had to explain to DH what that means, he just laughed and said I am mad alright...LOL little does he know...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2008, 08:11 PM   #715  
Crimping Master

Lisa - the recipes sound yummy! I'll have to try them, but not for tomorrow.

I went to a friends house and talked and got my project ready for the shoe box swap tomorrow instead of staying home and preparing a home made goodie Bad me! I guess it's Amy's idea for artichoke dip and baguettes.

I really must step up the postings, I'm sadly behind in my chatting, so watch out! I may try to get to 1000

I'm off to get my door prize put together. I'll see you tomorrow Paula!

Missi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2008, 10:33 PM   #716  
Crimping Master

Hi, Everyone! I've been sitting here for the past couple of hours catching up on all of your posts (I was 4 pages behind!),and it feels like I've just been hanging out with my best friends! You all are the best! My head is spinning with everything you all have been doing!
To those who have posted cards, they're terrific! Sharon, I really like your masculine card - that is one of my all-time favorite sets! Kathy, your swap was great, and I'm amazed that you were able to complete it with everything else happening in your life! Hope your visit with your parents and trip to see your new grandbaby are just terrific! Lisa, I love your card! (My fave is Card # 4!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2008, 10:48 PM   #717  
Crimping Master

Oops! I wasn't finished!

To those of you who have been under the weather - allergies, sore throats, headaches, hope you're all feeling much better!

Seems like I haven't done much stamping lately - "life" has gotten in the way! Some good, some not-so-good. The good part - my DH and I have been having lots of fun in our new motor home! Lots of day trips and a fabulous camping trip to the beach, where we were able to camp right on the beach, lounge, soak up the sun, take long walks - it was super! We have more fun trips planned soon! The not-so-good - my brother and SIL who lived in Crystal Beach, Texas lost everything in Hurricane Ike - home, rentals, business, commercial fishing boats - not a single thing was left. So heartbreaking for them! Fortunately, they had evacuated and are safe at their son's home for now. And they have each other, as well as the love and support of our large extended family. So all will be well in time, but this has been a very difficult time for them.

Jen, I loved your stories about politics in NH! It must be fascinating to live there! Every four years I turn into a complete political "junkie"! With our blended family of six children, our politics run the entire spectrum from left to right! We enjoy some lively political discussions, and always learn from each other.

I have nothing that I have to do this weekend (hooray!), and DH is going to the baseball game tomorrow night, so I am definitely planning on doing some stamping! I think I'll start by caseing all of the awesome cards from the SA swap! That should get my creative juices going again!

Hugs to all, and happy weekend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2008, 05:22 AM   #718  
Stazon Splitcoast

Lisa,
I checked out your blog and bookmarked it! Thanks for the recipes...can't wait to make the pumpkin rolls!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2008, 05:25 AM   #719  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am so bummed. It's kind of rainy/muddy out and since STBX has the kids I decided to skip my son's 8:30 a.m. soccer game -figured I needed the rest. Well, I've gotten two phone calls from the game - my son has scored his first 2 goals!! I am so bummed that I missed them! He must be over the moon about it. He's in first grade, so these things are huge!!

And I'm bummed. I've been doing a little internet dating - not much - but I totally scared away what seemed like a nice guy by sending a whiney email when I was tired and headachey this week. I know, I know, if he was worth it, it wouldn't matter, but still....I am kicking myself! Oh well...plenty of fish, right?

So, we're having a little hurricane here today and tomorrow, so I think I'm going to stamp a little and maybe if I feel up to it go to the movies later. I really want to see the Richard Gere chick flick!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2008, 08:03 AM   #720  
Crimping Master

Lisa, the two recipes you posted on your blog both look yummy - gotta try them! And I love the pics of your canning endeavors - they look so healthy and wholesome!

Aw-w-w, Jen, sorry about you missing your son's stupendous soccer game - don't you just hate that?!

Kathy, do we have any baby news yet?

Today is "Stampin' Saturday!" I'm still in love with the Window Dressing level 3 hostess set, so I think I'll make more cards using that set and use the last pieces of the Washington Apple DSP - love that stuff!

That's all for now!
Reply With Quote Likes