Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-02-2008, 02:37 PM   #801  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post
Now I'm gonna place an order.
I placed an order today too..... and I *EXPEDITED*! <GASP> It said picking was 4-5 days and I needed gold brads for a swap due the 18th, so let's see, picking plus shipping puts the order to me the 14th? I think NOT! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 04:28 PM   #802  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi All, this thread really moves quickly -
Jen - you don't even want to know what the dentist had to say to me and my DH today! we both will be returning more than once - DH has to see the oral surgeon to have his wisdom teeth extracted...and we are shall we say "self insured". I need some filling replaced and need a new one. Ikes!
After the dentist we went to the Auto Body shop to get quotes on both the truck and car for fixing dings and scratches...more ouch!

I placed my order today too...and expidited 2nd day...still have the weekend, but Monday is better than the following Monday for working on swaps and class prep. Staying in this weekend to stamp and prep what I can before my order arrives.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 05:00 PM   #803  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post
Oh thank you Amy! I will go out tomorrow and get some. Can I get the fluoride rinses at regular stores? I'm assuming it's different than kid friendly mouthwash or maybe not?
Sorry, I missed this earlier! LOL I just buy it at Walmart. My kids like the mint. Yes, we're weird in many and varied ways. :=)

My little sister's daughter drank several "lids" of flouride mouthwash a few months ago, and so my sister had to call the Poison Control center. She was so freaked out! They said, "oh, she'd have to drink at least a whole bottle to have any problems." LOL Who knew????
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 05:02 PM   #804  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycatstamperView Post
I placed an order today too..... and I *EXPEDITED*! <GASP> It said picking was 4-5 days and I needed gold brads for a swap due the 18th, so let's see, picking plus shipping puts the order to me the 14th? I think NOT! LOL!
Oh, for shame! LOL

I DIDN'T expedite, and it's going to be 2 years before my stuff gets here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2008, 06:49 PM   #805  
Hardware Hotshot

Been a couple of days since I posted. Mostly because I am suffering from guilt for not stamping and working on my SA swaps and my Christmas Project Buffet. I've been working on my Mario Galaxy game on the Wii instead. For shame I know. It's a bit frustrating and addicting at the same time but my DS loves to watch us play even more than he likes to play it himself.

I woke up with a sore throat this morning and I think I officially caught the virus. I'm taking Zicam though and the good news is I don't feel any worse than I did this morning. I guess tomorrow morning might be the real test. I have a class on Saturday so I hope not to get too much worse.

And I had to go to a funeral today for someone I know from church. Actually, I didn't know him that well, but I've played Volleyball with his wife and daughters and know them pretty well. He was so young, only 53 and developed dementia a couple of years ago and then recently ALS (Lou Gehrig's). Very sad because the family has been through so much. But good that he is not suffering any more.

But I've got to get my house clean and get working on my Saturday class. I wanted to have my Christmas projects ready to show by then, but they might not all make it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2008, 07:43 AM   #806  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hey everyone! Sorry to have been MIA this week - I'd rather be stamping and chatting with you but that doesn't pay my bills so work won out!

I'm taking today off to run those pesky errands that you can't fit in during the week like the bank, the car tune-up, get gas, etc. I hope to dent my to-do list. So far things have just fallen off becuase I've missed deadline, not because I've gotten anything done. I even had to cancel my class last night becuase i didn't have time to prep the packets - what is that?????

On an up note, I have a lot of things designed for my xmas in October camp and my two workshops on the 13th & 14th. I'm going to have lunch with a buddy and then dive in.

Oh, I expedited my order too. I didn't even know that I needed anything - that's a bad sign.... Actually, I misordered for a customer and the idea of it taking 3 weeks to exchange it with SU, I just bought her a new one and will use the old punch for myself!

Hope all is well with you all today - off to read all the posts I've missed!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2008, 07:47 AM   #807  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yesterday I received my first online order! It was quite small--about $20--and from one of my club members. LOL

Then today I got a new lead from the demo finder! Off to give her a call.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2008, 08:15 AM   #808  
Polyshrink Goddess

Whoo hoo! Good luck with your lead!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2008, 08:41 AM   #809  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Stacy! Darn that work for getting in the way of stamping!

Paula - hope you are feeling great for your class tomorrow. Drink lots of water, gargle listerine and get a good nights sleep!

Amy - cool on the small order - it's a start right Good luck with the lead.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2008, 12:02 PM   #810  
Pearl-ExPert

So much for my stamping plan for tomorrow, another bushel of tomatoes (the last) need to be canned. At least I am doing good on the not procrastinating thing so I have the time to get my list completed without crunch.

Guess I better take inventory of jars so I don't run out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2008, 12:11 PM   #811  
Stazon Splitcoast

You have such a great attitude, Lisa! I get very overwhelmed when "extra" stuff comes up! I know, why did I have 6 kids, then, right? Just to challenge myself! And yes, you better check on how many jars you have left! LOL

It's almost apple season here! I only like to use Golden Delicious apples for my applesauce, so I have to wait till the later part of October.

When did formal dances start being a "whole day" affair instead of just an evening? I must be old. My daughter just left for the "daytime" part of the homecoming date.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2008, 12:14 PM   #812  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wouldn't you love to do high school again, knowing what you know now?! I mean, I don't want to go back to those hormone and stress filled years, but how different it would be! How fun for your daughter! A date sounds really good to me! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2008, 12:16 PM   #813  
Stazon Splitcoast

That darn expediting is addictive. I did it for the first time this summer for the cattie preview and I think I'm doing it again for my demo order going in tomorrow a.m. I want my new stuff to play with over the long Columbus Day weekend with no kiddos!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2008, 12:17 PM   #814  
Stazon Splitcoast

Paula,

You know what they say - rest, fluids, chicken soup, etc. Hang in there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2008, 12:19 PM   #815  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Sorry, I missed this earlier! LOL I just buy it at Walmart. My kids like the mint. Yes, we're weird in many and varied ways. :=)

My little sister's daughter drank several "lids" of flouride mouthwash a few months ago, and so my sister had to call the Poison Control center. She was so freaked out! They said, "oh, she'd have to drink at least a whole bottle to have any problems." LOL Who knew????
Many things are like that - including Delsym cough stuff. Many docs believe it is the only thing that really works to control a cough, so you can sleep. My friend's doc is rather odd and he said kids can practically drink the whole bottle and nothing happens. He recommends parents double the dose for nighttime!! Who ever heard of that?!! But, I doubled my dose when I had bronchitis last year and it worked like a charm. Amazing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2008, 12:21 PM   #816  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ouch, Lisa!

I hate the dentist. My older son - the one with the cavities - will need a palate expander too. I'm waiting on that and getting a second opinion, since while the ped. dentist is very good with kids, I heard that they are a bit overzealous, since they also do ortho work. Why is it so flippin' expensive? I had to get a crown and even at 50% coverage, which in itself is ridiculous, it was still $800!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2008, 01:35 PM   #817  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycatstamperView Post
which is why I wasn't looking in the gallery till I got my idea all hammered out. now I can look away and know that even if someone posts the SAME CARD, that I came up with the idea all by my little lonesome! LOL!
Not me any more! I sent a swap to Lyssa and after I'd made all the swaps there was a very similar card with 1000s of views so I didn't even upload it here. Granted I had made it for a challenge so that is how both of us came up with the same idea, but it looked like I was a copycat to me even though I never saw her card. Made me decide to upload my swaps to my blog as soon as I finish them from now on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2008, 01:44 PM   #818  
Stazon Splitcoast

Help me decide:

Serene Spring or DE level 2 hostess benefit? I already have Deer Friends.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2008, 01:49 PM   #819  
Hardware Hotshot

I'd get the DE personally. But I love that one.

I've hit the achy fever part of the virus now. I felt OK this morning just a runny nose. But this afternoon, all I want to do is laze around.

Not sure if I should cancel my class now or wait and see how I am feeling in the morning. I only have three customers coming and one is bringing her teenage daughters who were going to make the peppermint patty spiders.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2008, 02:07 PM   #820  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapshappenView Post
I'd get the DE personally. But I love that one.

I've hit the achy fever part of the virus now. I felt OK this morning just a runny nose. But this afternoon, all I want to do is laze around.

Not sure if I should cancel my class now or wait and see how I am feeling in the morning. I only have three customers coming and one is bringing her teenage daughters who were going to make the peppermint patty spiders.
I think I gave y'all my virus. <roll eyes> Take 3 Advil every 4-6 hours until you feel better. I was only *really* sick for about 2 days. And Advil was the miracle drug of the moment. LOL Really helped me get thru my days. With Advil, I think you can do your class tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2008, 02:09 PM   #821  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Help me decide:

Serene Spring or DE level 2 hostess benefit? I already have Deer Friends.
Do you love-love-love Serene Spring? 'Cause I pre-ordered it, and I don't really use it that much. Maybe in the *spring*. LOL But then it won't be current, so I won't use it much, either. Works great for customers, though.

I guess it depends on how much you love to watercolor. I love the images in that set--I just don't seem to use it for classes/swaps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2008, 02:45 PM   #822  
Stazon Splitcoast

OK I think I'm getting the DE, or maybe Deer Friends for a door prize...but really leaning to the DE.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2008, 02:47 PM   #823  
Pearl-ExPert

I love the bunny in serene spring. But then I tend to buy what I like personally and will keep for a long time (don't hold me to that...since I am selling quite a few sets - but a lot of them are older....)

Paula - extra vit C too.

I do have enough jars so I am good to go tomorrow for tomatoes. I think I will be taking the short way out and just can tomatoes and not make salsa. I still have 23 pints in the cupboard, so that can wait til next year.

yep - don't even want to talk about the contribution we will be giving the dentist, oral surgeon and auto body shop. Then I just reminded DH "didn't you mention something months ago about the truck needing tires this fall?" I am also due for female doctor appt this fall including the squeeze...with only major medical that is all out of pocket too. Guess you can say we are contributing to the economy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2008, 04:03 PM   #824  
Hardware Hotshot

Lisa- On behalf of all Americans, thank you for doing your part for the economy Can't believe you have that much salsa and that many more tomatoes to go. You're amazing.

Amy- thanks for the virus. Didn't Jen have it at the same time you did though? Maybe it was both of you!

Seriously, thanks for all the well wishes and advice. I've been taking Zicam which is suppose to be loaded with vit C. I took some Advil a little while ago but right now I am holding out for Nitequel. (sp???) My DH has it too now.

If everything was prepped and my house was clean, I am sure I could make it through a class. But at the moment, the thought of cleaning my house makes me want to crawl into bed and pull the covers tight over my head and sleep for 2 days straight. But I think I will wait to see how I feel in the morning.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2008, 04:35 PM   #825  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm eating chicken noodle soup so you can get better vicariously through me Paula!

Tomorrow is our annual alumni event at my college. It's Taste of the Harvest and it's all the Idaho wineries and different food merchants from the area. it's going to be chilly at 63 degrees but at least they got a tent this year. 3 years ago we went in the snow - that is dedication! (or shows our true love of wine!) It's where I get most of my fall pictures for the calendars I make for Christmas.

Until then, my hubby is away for the night so I can craft. I'll give an update later - hopefully it will include a note saying my SA cards are done!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2008, 04:36 PM   #826  
Polyshrink Goddess

And there is a bionic fly in my house. I swear I killed it this morning but it just landed on my arm and when I swatted it again, it flew off. Seriously, I'm pulling out the big guns - where is my catalog....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2008, 09:42 PM   #827  
Stazon Splitcoast

We have those same flies! When did flies get nine lives????? Ugh. Part of the price of living in livestock country. LOL

I have this awesome bug swatter thing--it looks like a tennis racket but it runs on 3 D batteries! LOL You hold the "electrify" button while swatting the bug in mid-air, and BAM, dead bug. Time to get that sucker out again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2008, 11:01 PM   #828  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have one of those too! I use it for spiders - never crossed my mind to use it on things with wings! I'll remember that next time!

I had a very productive evening. I got a check written to go in the mail to you! I got my card swaps out for our Creatively Inspired group. I got four of my Christmas projects prepped. That just leaves me one card to prep that I'm not sure I like yet, my hanging calendar to cut, and the gift card to design. I think I'll be able to pull that off on Sunday.

Have a good weekend everyone - I'll check back in on Sunday after we arise from our Taste of the Harvest hangover. or is that a ....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2008, 05:33 AM   #829  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good luck to everyone having classes or workshops today!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2008, 10:53 AM   #830  
Hardware Hotshot

When I first woke up this morning, I was ready to cancel my class. But I decided just to try and get my house ready and then see how I feel. I just need to work up enough energy to vacuum and it will pretty much be ready. Then I just need to get all the projects prepped. But I have about 5 more hours, so I think I can make it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2008, 11:20 AM   #831  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good luck, Paula!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2008, 12:25 PM   #832  
Stazon Splitcoast

You'll be fine!! You can do it!! Think positively and then crash tonight when it's all over.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2008, 01:32 PM   #833  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Wouldn't you love to do high school again, knowing what you know now?! I mean, I don't want to go back to those hormone and stress filled years, but how different it would be! How fun for your daughter! A date sounds really good to me! LOL!
No chance! I so would not want to go back, even knowing what I do now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2008, 01:34 PM   #834  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

We have those same flies! When did flies get nine lives????? Ugh. Part of the price of living in livestock country. LOL

I have this awesome bug swatter thing--it looks like a tennis racket but it runs on 3 D batteries! LOL You hold the "electrify" button while swatting the bug in mid-air, and BAM, dead bug. Time to get that sucker out again.
We have one too!!! LOL! I love it! Fry fly fry!

Ahem, Sorry - I was feeling a bit violent yesterday against the pocket gophers again...guess there is some left over hostility against pests.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2008, 01:36 PM   #835  
Pearl-ExPert

I hope you have a great class Paula! Then as Jen says you can crash tonight. Hugs!

I am finished with tomatoes, yea! 19 quarts of tomatoes and 11 pints of chunky salsa (per request of my apparently fussy extended family )

Now I am thinking of skipping apples...ask me again next week I may change my mind.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2008, 02:16 PM   #836  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by biffsbeeView Post
We have one too!!! LOL! I love it! Fry fly fry!

Ahem, Sorry - I was feeling a bit violent yesterday against the pocket gophers again...guess there is some left over hostility against pests.
What's a pocket gopher??? There are regular gophers around here, is that the same thing? We don't have any--too many cats and the neighbors have terriers. LOL

And I think you deserve to skip the apples! LOL

Jen, I bet going back to high school seems so much simpler than what you are going through now! But no, I would never wanna go back. It's bad enough having kids in high school. LOL She had a blast, btw!

Now this next Saturday is a different homecoming dance for a different daughter. Dress--check. Shoes--check. Wrap--still need to shop. Boutonniere--still needs to be ordered. Lecture on not being stupid--coming up soon. I think we're on track.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2008, 02:34 PM   #837  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, honestly, I'm not sure I would want to go back, but all that talk about dresses and shoes and dates...well, that sounds fun!

Actually my 20th high school reunion is coming up the Sat. after Thanksgiving and I'm going. I'll be in town for T day at my parents anyway. A couple of girlfriends are going. Should be interesting. I didn't go to my 10th. Wasn't ready and I was not part of the popular pack in high school and I felt it was too soon and too much of that who got married, who's got a house, yada, yada, yada. Now, I'm ready. I'm good with where I am and who I am. Yeah, I'd be happy minus 40 pounds, but we all have issues, right?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2008, 02:34 PM   #838  
Stazon Splitcoast

I hope Paula had her class and it went well!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2008, 02:35 PM   #839  
Stazon Splitcoast

I've been on a cleaning and decluttering binge today. Did some windows, cleaned out some kitchen cabinets of stuff I never use. All felt good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2008, 04:00 PM   #840  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I've been on a cleaning and decluttering binge today. Did some windows, cleaned out some kitchen cabinets of stuff I never use. All felt good.
Wanna come to my house!

Amy - being newly single and going to a reunion maybe you should have a little talk with Jen too

Jen - j/k about the above comment...do have fun! My class has had no reunions at all...not sure I would go anyway. My 20th would have been 3 years ago. I only talk to one person I went to HS with and she was a year ahead of me...that would be BFF. She and I laugh a lot about that...she doesn't talk to anyone either (well except her ex-husband...I forget about him).

Paula - hope your class went great and you are feeling better!
Reply With Quote Likes