Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-06-2008, 04:11 PM   #1841  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post
Hi everyone! Is there a "non-busy" time of year? I keep finding myself saying "This is SUCH a busy time of year!" LOL

My little sister--who has never really wanted to come to my card buffets, but loves my ideas--wants to come to the December one. :-) She is mainly looking for teacher gifts (which I have covered) and something for her 10yo daughter to give to her friends. Do you have any suggestions?

I was thinking maybe just Christmas DSP pillowboxes filled with Christmas M&Ms. Or maybe using a scallop punch to make a pencil topper. I'm sure she'll want to stay in the $2 range for friends, and I have no idea what to do. :-)
I hear ya Amy...I always say that and then think, when isn't it? I don't think a non-busy time of year exists! Maybe January 11th is non-busy time of year...holidays over, nothing going on, not quite time for Sale-A-Bration, etc.

I don't know if this would be in the $2 range or not, but what about a little coaster notebook, she could decorate it any way she wanted and then give it to her friends, use copy paper for the inside pages and they could use it as an autograph book at the end of the school year or something. I like your idea of the pillowboxes filled with M&Ms too.

(sorry I keep re-posting, I'm going back and reading and keep finding things I want to comment on!)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2008, 04:23 PM   #1842  
Stazon Splitcoast

Your new "do" looks great! I have a lot fewer headaches with short hair than I do with long. LOL Congratulations!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2008, 04:26 PM   #1843  
Glitter Guru

Love it Crissy! I am also a short hair fan. (No offense to those of you with long hair.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2008, 04:52 PM   #1844  
Die Cut Diva

Sheesh you guys, I am reading to catch up on the day and ya'll have moved on to the next page!!! Do they have a page limit on posts?
Granted I am not reading very fast this evening - I stilllllll have the same headache I started the day with. Nothing seems to be helping - thinking I will try a beer next! Wine would be better, but not for the headache.

Crissy - love the do! I have had longer hair since DH likes longer hair, but more of my life I have had short hair...and I am threatening to go get a haircut...now Amy - with my headache today I am feeling a little enabled by your statement above ;)

Paula - that is great news from the powers to be. What a relief to have that in the past and be able to continue forward as a family. Loved your post election statement on your blog to btw.

So glad to hear the Russ is doing well! What a relief for Lisa and the rest of the family.

Jen - girlfriend all I can say is I am so sorry all of these things are happening at once. I am 41 years old and have lost two very good friends in the past 3 years (both of them only 30 & 32). I understand the heartwrench you are feeling. Please go tomorrow - be amongst friends, even if you accomplish only one card or page. Allow yourself to cry - you are grieving a loss to your family/marriage as well as your friends illness. God is good, he is there to comfort us - pray as I am praying for you. We may not, even never fully understand the why, but He can use every situation for good. Here's sending super duper cyber hugs your way!!! {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Now that the phone has rung twice since I started this ya'll have probably moved on to the next page again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2008, 04:53 PM   #1845  
Die Cut Diva

Amy - I like Crissy's idea of the coaster book...using typing paper is good and you can use your BIA.

*amy - love your blog and projects - where did you get the playlist thing? That is way cool - but Christmas music already??? ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2008, 05:09 PM   #1846  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by biffsbeeView Post
*amy - love your blog and projects - where did you get the playlist thing? That is way cool - but Christmas music already??? ;)
Haven't you been shopping this week? Wal-Mart was playing Christmas music Saturday morning! (after halloween) It's crazy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2008, 05:16 PM   #1847  
Die Cut Diva

Yup, been shopping - all the Christmas decor is up in full swing. I shouldn't say too much - the earliest I have been known to have all my Christmas shopping done is Nov 1st one year!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2008, 05:49 PM   #1848  
Glitter Guru

Jen- Lisa said so well what I have been feeling for you. Please know that we are praying for you to pull through this very difficult time.

Crissy and Lisa- We have two radio stations that go all Christmas all the time on November 1. It's still too early for me. AJ's been asking to watch Christmas movies. Putting that off a few weeks because once they start, it's hard to get them to stop.

Lisa- Hope you headache feels better soon. My former boss used to swear by heat on the neck and ice on the forehead at the same time to kick a stubborn one.

Hugs to the rest of you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2008, 06:18 PM   #1849  
Pearl-ExPert

Crissy - LOVE the hair - and love that you have a pic for your avatar! It's always fun to see what our cybersistahs look like.

Lisa - so sorry about the headache. As a chronic headache sufferer I 'feel' your pain! I hope it gets better soon.

Leslie, aka Cicicara, is coming to stamp with me tomorrow so I get to play with my new goodies! Hooray! I have to get ready for my hostess club on Monday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 03:21 AM   #1850  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good Morning!

Crissy - I love the new do!! Very cute and since I didn't get to meet you all at convention, it's great to have a face to go with the name!

Paula - yeah that things are moving along! Isn't having 2 boys soooo much fun!!!

Lisa - sorry about the headache - maybe it's taking your mind off your arm though? I hate headaches - rarely get them, so when I do it's debilitating.

Thank you all for your kindness and words of comfort. I am feeling better today after having cried most of the night, cried on the phone with friends and then this morning I got an email from my friend. She got the letter I wrote to her husband, as oppossed to visiting, as that is her wish. I am glad she took a moment to write. Even though my husband didn't die, it was still the death of a marriage, of our family, so I feel like I need to help her through this, you know? She said the same thing - that she wants and needs my help. So, I have made a committment to myself (and her) that I will be there for her when everyone else has gone and moved on with their lives. I think that's the hardest part. In the beginning people are there and then they assume that all is well and you have moved on when you are still hurting.

I still haven't decided if I'm going tonight for a couple of reasons. One, I am so disorganized - I need to find something to work on. I am years behind in my scrapbooks. I thought about working on my Christmas card, but not sure that I'm in the mood for that. But, in reality, I won't be going if this one other lady is going. She's a friend, but she is so exhausting and it's always about her and her troubles. I just don't think I can deal with her tonight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 06:29 AM   #1851  
Pearl-ExPert

Jen, this is just such an emotional time for you. Just keep posting and sharing and hopefully that will help. Dealing with death - death of a marriage and death of a person - tugs at our very core.

I really hope you can find something to do this weekend to bring some peace.

As always, my prayers are with you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 06:58 AM   #1852  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Kathy.

I've decided to go tonight. It will be my very best friends there. My friend who is hosting even made spinach dip since she knows how much I love it.

My plan is to take a nap when my ex picks up the boys, so I won't be too tired to have fun tonight. I'll have to find some cards to make or something - I'm far enough behind - I have so much to do - it's just finding all the supplies.

Then, I'm going to get back to exercising this weekend. Have neglected that this week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 07:18 AM   #1853  
Kookie Creator

Jen - So sorry everything is coming at you all at once! Hang in there friend, especially for your friend and your kids!

Lisa - you can get a playlist of your own just by clicking on "Create you own playlist". You just create an "account" and start adding music.

I know, I know about the Christmas music. I think I've worked in retail too long. When Sept. 11th happened, I was setting the Christmas layout at Lowe's. So November is actually later than I'm used to starting! But since I'm making Christmas projects, it gets me in the mood! You have to listen to the 12 pains of Christmas at the end of my list. It is so funny but of course, just for fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 07:43 AM   #1854  
Mad Swapper

Ya know.. I feel so lucky to be a part of such an awesome group of women.. not only are you all so talented, you have golden hearts as well. I am inspired by your creations and also by the charity in your hearts and lives.. thanks ladies!

I only wish we could all get together and just stamp sometime together. wouldn't that just be the best. A weekend at a B&B.. just us and stamps and friendship.. and maybe a little wine. maybe someday!

OK. gotta do some work and get ready for my trip tomorrow for work.
have a good Friday all!

Jen- enjoy your time with your friends. It's important for you to have time for your friendships. even if you don't stamp/scrap a thing.. being out with the people that love and laugh with you is therapy in itself. bring a couple stamp sets, some chalks, blender pen, ink and paper... and just go!

Crissy- it's nice to put a name with a face! nice haircut!

OK. gotta do some work and get ready for my trip tomorrow for work.
have a good Friday all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 07:46 AM   #1855  
Stazon Splitcoast

Stamping together sometime would be awesome!! Can you imagine?? I wonder if we'd get anything done?? We'd be too busy talking and laughing!

I think I'm going to go upstairs and look through my stuff. I even printed off the sketch challenge from the 5th....maybe I'll get inspired.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 07:47 AM   #1856  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have to get off the computer....I've been hovering here...waiting for news...and that is NOT good......so, if you see me back on before 2 o'clock, yell at me, will ya??!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 08:09 AM   #1857  
Pearl-ExPert

Jen - I'm really glad you are going tonight. Even if you don't do anything, at least you'll be with friends.

Thanks everyone for the compliments on my hair!

Liz, that would be fun to get together and stamp! Jen is right though, we wouldn't get anything done.

Anyone here have any use for LA Dodgers Penants & Sticks embelishments? I got them free at the last crop I went to and I don't have any use for them. If you want them, pm me with your addy and I will mail them to you. First come first serve I don't want to throw them away, they are cute. and they are EK Success.

I need some Mommy support - I took DD whos is 3.5 to the dentist this morning, this is her second visit, the first visit they just talked to her and tried to look at her teeth, but she didn't want to open her mouth or anything. That was 6 months ago. Well today she was visibly upset and was crying and really scared. I really didn't know what to do, I was sitting there trying to comfort her and tell her they just wanted to look at her teeth. The Dental Assistant was holding her down and telling her to be quiet, DD was fighting her and crying and screaming and this lady kept holding her down and told her that if she wasn't quiet mommy would have to leave the room...I'm like what? no way am I leaving her. I was about ready to take her out anyway and try again another day when the Dental Assistant said she would get the Dentist and maybe they would have to refer her to a children's dentist, which they did and I am glad about that. I wasn't really happy with the DA, after it was over and DD was clinging to me asking if we could go home the DA said to her that she wouldn't get a toothbrush since she didn't let them look at her teeth? I didn't think that was right either? who tells a 3 year old something like that? I told DD that was OK she had a nice one at home. I don't know if I am overracting or not, but I was really upset about this. I understand they can't have screaming kids in there, but I felt like the DA didn't really give DD a chance, she just sat down and went to work. Last time they took it slow and talked to her and showed her the big teeth and stuff. The only reason I took her here is because this is where DH and I have gone for the past 10 years and they said they could try it and if it didn't work, send her to a children's dentist. I'm cool with that. I'm sure it will be better for her. Needless to say I won't be scheduling that appointment for a while, give her (and me) time to calm down...he he

Thanks for "listening!"

So, Mommies, what are you experiences with toddlers and the dentist?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 08:31 AM   #1858  
Die Cut Diva

Morning all. The headache is better today. I can't believe it held on all day yesterday. I skipped my meeting at church last night and just tried to relax last night. I had a hard time keeping focused on any train of thought and wouldn't have had much input in the meeting anyway.

Crissy - having no personal mommy experience here, but I say I wouldn't see that DA again - ever! There is no reason to cause trauma to a 3yo child. Did she suggest sitting in your lap while they look? Good grief! Going to a pediatric dentist will help. I bet the DA does not have kids of her own! Sorry that was such a bad experience for you and DD.

Jen -have fun tonight! And run or something this weekend - I like to walk when I get depressed and stressed - it is always a challenge to make myself do it, but I always feel better after I get started and just do it.

Liz - Love the get together idea! Maybe we can do a pj party one night during convention time - just us SA gals.

*amy - thanks for the playlist info and I will listen to that song. It is fun to hear music on the blog.

Still waiting for my Jami swaps. I swear I live in a Pony Express town that traded their pony for a turtle!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 08:56 AM   #1859  
Stazon Splitcoast

I know, I know, it's not 2 yet, but I had to come downstairs and look for a screwdriver to change the batteries in Drew's trains...how come I don't have a screwdriver that fits???? Grrrrr.....

Crissy - We go to a ped. dentist. Drew is terrified of doctors and dentists. Terrified. He's had so many awful procedures done that he is just a wreck. We actually had the first successful visit ever just a month ago. I sat in the chair and he sat on my lap. They told him they were going to count his teeth and showed him the mirror, which he got to hold and look at. Then they showed him "Mr. Tickle" who polished his teeth. And they let them pick out their new toothbrush FIRST but they don't give it to them until they leave. Also, "Mr. Thirsty" is the water suction thing. They even got to floss his teeth!! I was amazed. They also have a prize drawer to pick from. Oh, and they get to wear special sunglasses so the light isn't too bright. We've gone to this dentist right from the start and it's usually a stressful, screaming battle. I do want to let you know that it does get better!!!! Oh, and we have the Dora goes to the dentist book.

Lisa - I'm still waiting for my swaps too!! Glad your headache is better.

OK, off to go hunt for an appropriately sized screwdriver.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 08:59 AM   #1860  
Stazon Splitcoast

And I have to tell you Crissy that Drew's fear of doctors is so bad, he won't step on a scale or get his height measured! He starts screaming the moment we get there. He'll be coming due for a full cardio workup right after the new year, so I hope his calmness continues. It's a little tough to get a decent echocardiogram on a thrashing, screaming child! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 09:22 AM   #1861  
Pearl-ExPert

WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE JEN? (ok you said to yell at you if it was before 2, but you didn't say what we were supposed to yell at you! )

Poor Drew! it sounds like he's been through a lot and it is understandable that he gets upset. I am glad the dentist is getting better. Hopefully he will be OK at the cardio workup as well. I have to say sometimes I feel like crying when I have to go to the dentist =-)

Lisa - I'm glad your head is feeling better. Sometimes if we don't make time to relax I think our body forces us too!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 10:03 AM   #1862  
Stazon Splitcoast

OK, it's 2 now!!

Drew and I were playing trains and fast food restaurant - which meant I was a tunnel for most of the time.

I have to cruise the gallery for some inspiration for tonight!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 10:03 AM   #1863  
Stazon Splitcoast

BTW, Lisa, I still didn't receive my swaps.... :( What's up with that?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 10:10 AM   #1864  
Glitter Guru

Crissy- We go to a ped dentist and the same thing happens with my AJ. Like Drew, he has seen way too many doctors in his short life and he gets very freaked out, especially when it has anything to do with his head. (He had skull-based surgery to remove a growth from his facial nerve last year, and a minor surgery to repair his ear earlier this year. I think I've mentioned that before but can't remember.)

I almost laughed when I read your post, not because it was funny, but because last time we went to the dentist, I was the one trying to pry my DS's mouth open so they could get a good look. The DA and the Dentist didn't want any part of that (thank goodness). I think finding a good Ped Dentist is the answer. Ask around and see who knows a good one in your area.

I'm taking Spencer to the Doctor this afternoon and I'm prepared for a battle there too. Our regular Ped is out on maternity right now so we are seeing one of the Family Practice docs at our clinic and it's one I've never met before. But we had to get him in because his meds were going to run out this weekend.

Lisa- So glad your head is on the mend.

Jen- So glad you are going tonight. I hope it is just the medicine you need. If nothing else, I hope it distracts you from all the sadness in your life. I'm glad you feel like you can share here. And I can totally sympathize on the screwdriver thing. I can never find the one I need.

Liz & Lisa - I think we should definately have some kind of get together during convention. Maybe a shoe box swap would be just the ticket. Then we could stamp and swap.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 10:22 AM   #1865  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post
So much for priority mail! I am stalking the mailbox now that I am home from work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 10:24 AM   #1866  
Die Cut Diva

Paula - shoebox swap would be great! Hope the Dr visit goes well! I don't envy you mom's having to do all those things.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 10:28 AM   #1867  
Die Cut Diva

I am supposed to be packing up my stuff for the crop tomorrow. Without needing a moving van to get there that is! Why is it so hard to decide what you are going to need to bring! Cricut or not, BS or not, 100 ink pads or not, entire collection of buttons and brads and pretties and primas and felt and chipboard and, and, and then don't get me started on cardstock...I know I should have started this last week and waited on the secret elf things I have done, but when you are feeling a creative surge you just have to go with it!
First task will be to look at the photos again that I am bringing and then decide what I need.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 10:39 AM   #1868  
Stazon Splitcoast

Lisa, I have the same troubles!! That's why I hardly scrap anymore. I can never decide what to bring and I always forget something! I don't scrap SUO, so there's so many great products. I think once I get organized it will be easier. So I say! Have fun tomorrow and I hope you get lots of pages done!

Paula - I hope the Dr. visit goes OK. I had to laugh, because I too, have pried Drew's mouth open!!! It's a good thing he's rarely sick. It is so stressful for me and often includes lots of bribery.

Before scrapbooking tonight, another friend has invited me over for wine and apps. as we try to digest the news about my friend's husband. He lived next door to her and just 4 doors down from me. So, we'll get together and chat. We used to do it all the time on Thurs. afternoons. We all had little kids and husbands that travel, so we'd get together for a Mommy's playdate and let the kids run nuts outside while we drank a margarita. The friends who will be there all do the triathlons with me (they got me started) so I imagine we'll be doing a race in his honor next year.

Thanks for listening, friends!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 10:50 AM   #1869  
Glitter Guru

I'm suppose to be cleaning my house to get ready for my card buffet here tomorrow. But I find it pointless with a 3 year old. I think I've just forgotten how fast they can make a good mess. But I just had 2 more RSVPs. (Deadline was noon today). I was worried it was going to be a little sparse, but I think it will be OK. I still have to cut, but it is all the same cards from last weekend's class so I am expecting it to go fast. (except last weekend's class is still sitting in the back of my station wagon.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 11:45 AM   #1870  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Just met the carrier at the mailbox and no swaps for me today either :( waaaa!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 11:47 AM   #1871  
Die Cut Diva

Hey Liz, be glad you are not flying out of MSP tomorrow - I'm guessing there will be snow delays here. Hope your travel is uneventful and productive.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 11:52 AM   #1872  
Stazon Splitcoast

I got some good news today. My mom's test results all came back OK. They thought something was wrong with her spleen, liver and gallbladder. She's on chemotherapy for her RA, so those meds are pretty strong and lymphoma is a big possibility. But, apparently, she's just got some major gallstones. They are using meds to break up the stones instead of taking it out, which seems odd, but I'm not a doc!

Lisa - sorry no swaps for you either!! We must have the same mailperson!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 12:31 PM   #1873  
Die Cut Diva

Yea for good news!!! Still no fun having gallstones, but way better than lymphoma. Hope she is feeling better soon!

I won't be home for the mail tomorrow either. DH does not get the mail so if they do they will sit there until I get home at 1-2am! So hoping they arrive safely, they are fab - did you check out the link to Jami's site for all the photos?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 12:57 PM   #1874  
Stampin' Fool

I think my SA Christmas swaps might be up at the PO. I'm hoping that the mail person didn't accidently put yesterday date on the notice. I should be able to pick them up now so off I am going.

Crissy: love your haircut....yes, you had quite long hair!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 01:13 PM   #1875  
Die Cut Diva

Erin, I hope your swaps are there for ya!

So I have been blog crusin and clicking on the blogs listed as faves on Kathy's blog and what did I find? Besides a good few sketches on one, but Distressed Stickles! How cool! More "stuff" for me to collect. I had to bookmark it so I can look more when I have time to shop.

Off to church for Turkey dinner. No cooking or cleanup for me today. Then home to put away two loads of laundry and decide what punches I have to have with me tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 03:37 PM   #1876  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhondagView Post
SO I'm up to my eyeballs in thinking of you RAKs and found this: Forums at Splitcoaststampers

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

Just FYI.....
Thank you all for the prayers. They certainly WORKED! The CHP who called me on Tuesday was the one who said diabetic shock, by the time I got to the ER in Napa (about 90 minutes away), they told me it was a stroke. After 2 full days in Neuro ICU at Stanford Medical Center under the care of who we are told is one of the top neurosurgeons in the country and a bazillion tests of every variety, they could find nothing wrong with Russ and cannot find a reason for what happened or anything that would indicate it would ever happen again. As someone there put it, "whatever it was must have been all prayed away!". On Tuesday evening, the ER he was admitted to in Napa had him airlifted to Stanford with the intent that they were going to need to do brain surgery. By the time he got there, he was sitting up, coherent, talking to people, flirting with nurses and answering questions correctly.

The only effect of whatever happened is that he has no memory of WHAT happened, which is probably a good thing. I however, do remember and am hoping that will fade SOON. I wouldn't wish this on ANYONE. EVER. He was discharged from Stanford ICU yesterday shortly after noon and we are now home. He has no medications or restrictions other than to not do any heavy lifting, but mostly because he has been hospitalized and had a lot of tests done and blood drawn. He is going back to work on Monday. It's been a wild ride, that's for sure. I did, however, come home to my SA Christmas swaps, which I will be drooling on later..... :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 03:41 PM   #1877  

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapshappenView Post
And we did hear from our caseworker and the relinquishment finally happened this morning. And the state hearing was yesterday and the judge, attorneys and caseworkers were all supportive of Spencer's placement with us. So glad to have all of that behind us.
WOO HOO!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 03:42 PM   #1878  

Quote:

Oh, friends. I am in so much pain.

I just got an email from my friend and the cancer is in her husband's liver and lungs. They skipped the MRI on the brain. He has refused treatment and has come home to spend time with his wife and children as he dies. He may pass as soon as this week - maximum is 4 weeks. He is a very prayerful person and isn't scared, as he knows God is waiting for him. Please pray for Jim, Chris and his girls, Lauren and Dana. He is only 44 years old and his girls are so young. I know that he needs to be in Heaven for a reason, but boy, this has hit me very hard.

Now that I've started crying, I can't stop. I just can't take any more of this.
Oh no! You will all be in my prayers....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 04:52 PM   #1879  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Lisa! It is so good to see your post here!!!!

It's such good news to hear about your DH. What a weird chain of events. But the outcome is the best, isn't it?

I hope your DH continues to do well. I know there were so many people here praying for you! I hope you recover from this experience, as well, and can go on. I can't imagine!

Again, so glad to see you're back!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 05:22 PM   #1880  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey gals,

Lisa, thanks for checking in. I'm glad your husband is doing OK. Wow, that is so odd. Prayers for continued good health will be coming your way. Thank goodness he has such good medical care! Tell him to take it easy!! I'm glad your swaps finally arrived!

Kathy - I've been thinking about your daughter. How is everything going now that you're home. How's her sight improving?

Lisa - Are you packed? Have fun tomorrow! I wish I was going to a crop. I think that's exactly what I need to kick me back in gear.

Paula - Hope you are heading to bed with the boys and Spencer's doc visit was OK.

Amysings - Is your team playing this weekend? Hope you are feeling better!

*Amystamps - You too!! I hope you are feeling better and recovered!

Hello to Pammybaby, Rhonda, Crissy, Elle, and the rest of our crew!

I just got back from my friend's house. I did absolutely zero stamping/scrapping even though I brought a basket, as did my hosting friend. The friend who drove me (she called on her way out to see if I was going and since we're neighbors we rode together) didn't scrap - she knitted a couple rows of a sweater. We chatted, drank some more wine (yikes!) and looked at each other's facebook pages and prom pictures!

At my other friend's house earlier we reminisced about our friend. Apparently my two friends went up there today, where they were intercepted by her parents. Jim doesn't have much time at all. They are thinking a day or two more at home and then to hospice. I can't believe it is all going so fast. It is a blessing I am sure. His girls have chosen to go to school and are doing OK. Jim has been refusing an IV, which concerns me as far as pain control is concerned. He must have been in some pain for awhile. I can't believe he or the doctors didn't realize something was wrong. Apparently, his last total body scan was back in Jan, but he got a clean bill of health only a month ago. He is at a well known hospital that does not have a great reputation. Why they didn't go down to Boston - only an hour away, I don't know. He is on oral morphine and starts a patch tonight. I know that he wants to "be there" but we all are worried that he will be in too much pain. Lobsters are really cheap out here right now, so my one friend dropped off lobsters and Corona and steak tips for dinner. She figured they were sick of casseroles, Italian and cold cuts.

Anyway, I am going to take care of me this weekend. I am going to bed and watch Grey's from last night. Then I'm sleeping as late as I want. On my list for tomorrow is a run/walk and working on my secret elf gifts!

I hope everyone has a great night/weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes