Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-17-2008, 09:57 AM   #2241  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ececsyView Post
keeping her in my thoughts Ellie!

Rhonda- I think I need to take B-12.

so I ordered my new alpha right.. totally forgot I have a small order of rubons and such being delivered today.. it's official. I am addicted. someone take away my catalog!

off to lunch! L
thanks darling for the prayers..(((HUGS))... OHH I SOOO want to get the Big Alpha set sooo bad... but I have to wait.. trying to put pennies away so I can get it or a magic secret sale or something! lol..because my hubby was saying let me get this straight you paid 150 for the machine and those dies are also the same price.. and gave me that "are you nuts woman" look! lol.. BUT I WANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTT IT! lol

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2008, 10:03 AM   #2242  
Mad Swapper

Ellie- too funny. I get those looks at home too.. good thing I am the breadwinner around our house..

Um. ok so I just got around to checking out the fan club for this month. our own swapper anon girl, BevMom, is a dirty girl. I know she doesn't check in her very often anymore.. but woo hoo for her! I have a couple of her wonderful swaps from convention.. lucky me!

just wanted to share! have a good afternoon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2008, 10:10 AM   #2243  
Stazon Splitcoast

How cool is facebook?!!!

I am now friends with my cousin in Spain!

Long story short....my dad was born and raised in Spain. He is the only one in the US. I have a ton of cousins over there that I never see.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2008, 10:15 AM   #2244  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey, Liz! You're welcome.

Just think how much money I'd have if I got kickbacks from ATG, Binditall, Scor Pal, Cuttlebug, and now Sizzix. I could do SOOOO much more enabling!

I've only sold 3 of my "Noel" frames so far, so that's only $45 toward the $150. Oh, and I get to count the one for my mom 'cause then I'm not technically spending family money on her gift, right? So that's $60. I'm hoping to sell 2 more by Christmas, and then I'll cover the rest at Valentines Day.

It's all about the accounting. LOL I only get to buy stuff if it can pay for itself in the next 6 months.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2008, 11:14 AM   #2245  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post
How cool is facebook?!!!

I am now friends with my cousin in Spain!

Long story short....my dad was born and raised in Spain. He is the only one in the US. I have a ton of cousins over there that I never see.
facebook is so much fun. I am totally addicted. what a hoot! I hadn't thought to look for my overseas family on there! you are a lot like me.. I have more family in Hungary than I do here in the States. My dad is from there and his family is large... family here.. not so large!

Amy.. that is an excellent idea.. wish I could say the same for myself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2008, 12:24 PM   #2246  
Mad Swapper

Welcome home, Liz!

Ellie, I am so with you on wanting the alphabet. But with Christmas coming up, my DH would literally have a COW if he thought I was buying something like that!!!!

Just got back from lunch. We went to Shlotsky's. Bleh. I used to love going there when I was younger (I won't tell you how many years ago LOL!), but I wasn't impressed today.

Still working on elfette gifts. I wish I could show pics 'cause they are soooo cute! I just hope my secret elf likes them.

Keep on with the frames, Amy. I wish you did get kick backs!!! I'm counting on the ATG for Christmas, then the only thing I will be missing is the scorpal. Gotta have something to look forward to! But by the time I get it I'm sure there will be another 'newer n better' toy out there.

BTW - do any of you have the round-it-all? I just bought one with a coupon at HL. Anxious to try it. I've heard good and not-so-good. I'll report my own findings after I get to use it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2008, 02:25 PM   #2247  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ececsyView Post
facebook is so much fun. I am totally addicted. what a hoot! I hadn't thought to look for my overseas family on there! you are a lot like me.. I have more family in Hungary than I do here in the States. My dad is from there and his family is large... family here.. not so large!

Amy.. that is an excellent idea.. wish I could say the same for myself.
She found me!!! Through my brother...lol. My brother's Spanish is far better than mine, so he keeps in touch with some cousins, because he can actually read and write Spanish, while I can merely understand and squeak out some gramatically atrocious sentences. You know, kind of like my English!! LOL!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2008, 02:30 PM   #2248  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow, should I put the ATG on my wish list? It looks so...complicated.

I'm going to put the BIA on there.

How come none of the East Coast chains carry this stuff?????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2008, 03:16 PM   #2249  
Stazon Splitcoast

Liz, are we friends yet on facebook?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2008, 04:45 PM   #2250  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Wow, should I put the ATG on my wish list? It looks so...complicated.
Umm, yeah! There is a cheaper one that people are raving about at tapedepot.com

I haven't tried it, but I've been tempted, as a second one would be great for my events.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2008, 08:02 PM   #2251  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

OK - work was HELL today, so I've like super-speed-read over the last 2 days of posts...

Not planning on attending convention in 2009 <gasp> - will be relying on friends to swap cards for me and keep me in the loop. LOL! ALL of the Christmas card ideas I had SUCK on paper. The only thing I can see in my head uses a set I don't have (of course). Gonna order that tomorrow. SIGH. Started looking at the SPCA and shelter cats tonight. Want to adopt a new furbaby after Christmas. DH is dragging his feet on the subject, but he is being sent out of town in Jan-Feb and will be GONE most of the next FOUR FREAKIN YEARS, so I don't know that his objections count for much.... LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2008, 08:04 PM   #2252  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post
Umm, yeah! There is a cheaper one that people are raving about at tapedepot.com

I haven't tried it, but I've been tempted, as a second one would be great for my events.
A friend of mine got it. It's a close imitation. If you haven't had the 700/714, you probably wouldn't think anything of it. I noticed a bit of a difference.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2008, 08:09 PM   #2253  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Lisa!

Sorry your day was crappy. I love kitties. Could be why I have 4! They all have to live outside, because I am so violently allergic to them. Ah, the irony. I get them in pairs, so they keep each other warm and playful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2008, 08:36 PM   #2254  
Hardware Hotshot

Lisa- Love your new picture! We will miss you at convention. Sorry you had a bad day at work and that nothing is stamping right. I hate it when that happens. Good luck with your search for a new kitty.

I haven't gotten to the assembling of my announcements yet so I can't tell you whether I love my ATG or not. I have finished a large majority of the stamping (only So Very left to do) and they are all scored and partially cut. Bless my sweet neighbor, she is really lending a hand so I can get them done and in the mail this week. I just keep telling myself how nice it will be to have it done and to not have to send out nearly as many Christmas cards this year.

Spencer had decided he is ready to potty train. I think that is one of the reasons I am tired and can't get anything done. It's a full time job. I would have put it off for another month if it was up to me, but he told me Saturday night that he had to go potty and sure enough he did. Holding on to how nice it will be to have that done too so I can get him into preschool in January.

I finally had my total melt down tonight. Unfortunately it involved lots of screaming on my part at no one in particular. But I feel a lot better now. Don't know if it's possible to have the "baby blues" when you adopt a 3 year old, (and since I've never actually given birth, I can't say what that is really like), but I remember feeling this way a few weeks into A.J.'s life too so I think it is just my way of adjusting to a new child in my life.

I'm off to bed and hoping that A.J. doesn't wake up before 6:00 a.m. again tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 03:12 AM   #2255  
Stazon Splitcoast

Paula,

I think you can have the baby blues with adoption, of course! It doesn't matter if you gave birth to him or not. Women's hormones are very in tune with their stress level, their "mothering", etc., so I think it is definitely possible. Screaming at no one is better than screaming at the kids! For me, the baby blues were hysterical tears. Screaming sounds better!

I am glad Spencer has decided to potty train!! Lucky you that he is interested! I had to force/bribe both my boys!

Gotta go meet the bus!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 06:11 AM   #2256  
Mad Swapper

Good Morning all!

Lisa, I wish you success with your little furbaby. They are all so cute as kittens. How will you ever narrow it down to just one?

Paula, change brings stress. Stress affects hormones. Yes, you can have the baby blues! Find a sad movie and cry away. Sometimes that helps me. I know how hard transition can be. You are a strong woman and will make it thru all of this!

My DH arrived at home last night. Yahoo! Kinda funny tho - we were talking for some reason about our 25th anniversary next year. He want to go back to St. George, UT where we were married (in April).

I looked at him and said, very quietly, "I wanted to go to convention next summer." "Oh, I get it." he said. "You'd rather go be with your stamping buddies than be with me!" He was really teasing me. But I get to be with him LOTS! and I need to be with my new BFF's!!!!!!!

I did *flash* him last night, tho, and that did make things better. (If you don't remember Amy's comments last spring, I am NOT going any farther on this topic!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 06:16 AM   #2257  
Stazon Splitcoast

Bwahahahaha!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 06:23 AM   #2258  
Hardware Hotshot

I really can't decide if Amy is a good or bad influence on us.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 06:29 AM   #2259  
Stazon Splitcoast

I had totally forgotten about that conversation! LOL It's always been my dream to be a bad influence. People in my non-stamping life think I am a goody two shoes.

I finally went to the doctor yesterday, when my inhaler ran out. <oops> He gave me a stepped up version, which is nasty but really helping my lungs clear out. I love oxygen. I think it might be my favorite element.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 06:37 AM   #2260  
Mad Swapper

too funny.. I forgot all about the "flashing".. must use that sometime soon! oxygen is a good thing isn't it?!

Paula- hugs lady! I never had a baby either.. AND i don't have any adopted babies.. but I get the baby blues every once in awhile.. you are allowed.. especially with a new little one in the house.

I just started some new hormone pills today.. so I am sure to be a blubbering hormone mess by the end of the week!

Kathy- I hope to go to convention as well.. definitely not doing all those swaps though.

Jen- I will look for you on Facebook next time I am on.. probably won't be for a few days or so though. I have to dedicate all my time outside of work right now to cleaning my stamp room and getting ready for my scrapbook/stamp weekend in Wisconsin.

Lisa- sorry for the crappy day yesterday. Mine wasn't so hot either! today will be better right?

have a good day all. My boss is back in the office today so I have to behave and get some work done!

talk to you all soon!
L
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 06:57 AM   #2261  
Stazon Splitcoast

Am I a truly horrible demo and stamper if I decide to toss in the towel early and not send homemade Christmas cards this year?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 07:17 AM   #2262  
Stazon Splitcoast

Not in my book. I have a box of really pretty cards from Sam's Club just waiting for me. I'll make about a dozen to send out to people who will notice. And I have to make my mom's cards. I've been trying not to think about THAT! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 08:58 AM   #2263  
Stampin' Fool

Not at all Jen: I wanted to scrapbook with SU! but they just didn't offer enough to do that. I always feel obligated to do cards. I am using up all of my samples. The samples that I have made (most have retired stuff on them). So everyone will get different ones. Some from years past as I have extras. They have some really nice cards at Costco for a reasonable price. I don't want to stress about that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 10:05 AM   #2264  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Quote:

Am I a truly horrible demo and stamper if I decide to toss in the towel early and not send homemade Christmas cards this year?
I'm sending all the deer friends swaps I got at convention (mounting the fronts on coordinating CS first) as well as Christmas cards I've made for challenges and class.....I'm not making matching ones (to my girls' dresses) like I did last year and the year before, ....I'm saving a tree and time! Still putting a wallet-size picture in the card though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 10:13 AM   #2265  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Oh are we suppose to?? LOLLOL!! I am making little extras here and there but not killing myself cause this is my first year doing it(became a demo in Feb) I'm nervous about it! lol...

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 10:16 AM   #2266  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

Paula...Hugs! You did fine with your first little responsibility...you'll do great with spencer too!

Lisa-we will miss you at convention! I'm glad you are ready to think about a new kitty though....hugs!

Kathy, I want to go to Convention too, but yes, fewer swaps....I barely had time to eat lunch most days!

Good luck with minding your manners with the boss in the office Liz!

Amy=Bad Influence or maybe she's just trying to help us stay out of trouble for buying all the things she mentions that we need? I told DH I want a BindItAll yesterday.....time for flashing?

Hi Ellie--don't be nervous about your cards! You do a great job!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 10:54 AM   #2267  
Pearl-ExPert

[QUOTE=rhondag;12096430]

Kathy, I want to go to Convention too, but yes, fewer swaps....I barely had time to eat lunch most days!

\QUOTE]

OHHH so I'll be on a mini happy diet too so I'll come back skinner w/new stamps! HA.. well get out.. ((((HUGS)) to you Lisa I am praying and putting pennies in a jar to get there... This would be my first Convention and am super duper hyped (ok when aren't I?) about it!

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 10:57 AM   #2268  
Stazon Splitcoast

So, guess what I got to do/teach at Colonial Days today?

Stamping!!

They had to make a page for the Colonial Dictionary and stamp the word and their names. It was fun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 11:11 AM   #2269  
Pearl-ExPert

OHH how cool is that! I get all excited when my oldest comes and says mom I need your help.. (hehehe he knows I have the coolest supplies!) lol

-Ellie

Quote:

So, guess what I got to do/teach at Colonial Days today?

Stamping!!

They had to make a page for the Colonial Dictionary and stamp the word and their names. It was fun.

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 12:50 PM   #2270  
Pearl-ExPert

{HUGS} to all you wonderful ladies! Ya'll make me laugh, cry and feel appreciated and loved! I about spit at the flashing comment (yes I was here, I know what you are talking about...think I need to do some of that myself tonight)
Paula - we are here for ya! You just scream or cry at us, we can take it and will still be here for ya tomorrow. Will be praying for the potty training that it is quick!
Lisa - good luck picking out a kitty. With your DH gone so much, I agree, it is for you and up to you. You need the company while he is gone. If things change at all we sure hope you can come to convention! Otherwise I am sure you can get one of us to swap for you.
Amy - influence good or bad, you can stay Glad you are breathing better today.
Ellie - you just crack me up girlfriend! I cannot wait to meet you IRL.
Jen - you do not need to make Christmas cards! You have enough going on in your life right now, buy a box and if you forget to mail em - oh well!
hi Rhonda, Liz and Kathy too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 02:13 PM   #2271  
Pearl-ExPert

I forgot to add it looks like I can go to convention next year! My missions trip to Zimbabwe should be in May leaving the summer open. Now if I can make sure the boss is not in a fishing tourney that week, all will be well.

I too will be cutting back on the swaps. I think I went a bit swap happy with it being my first convention. I am absolutely in for a SA shoebox swap, even willing to help with what I can for organizing it.

Should be working on my retreat prep, but at least I am working on the chocolate bars for the gals. My room is still a disaster and now I have to be ready on Thursday afternoon to go to niece's band concert (she plays French Horn) and then not come home before the weekend.

Working on laundry and DH just called and is on his way home. Better get dinner thought of and started!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 02:25 PM   #2272  
Pearl-ExPert

[QUOTE

I too will be cutting back on the swaps. I think I went a bit swap happy with it being my first convention. I am absolutely in for a SA shoebox swap, even willing to help with what I can for organizing it.

QUOTE]

HMM WEll I am going swap happy!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH .. it was so fun at Reg. and sad at the same time cause I didn't go swap happy since I was in org. swaps which I still ended up with a WONDERFUL amount but other gals kept coming around the tables at "stamp" time saying want to swap do you have swaps.. and all I could do was say ohh can I take a picture! lol..

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 02:27 PM   #2273  
Stazon Splitcoast

Fewer swaps. More sitting and chatting at lunch. Still really hoping I can make it work out to go.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 02:30 PM   #2274  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post
Fewer swaps. More sitting and chatting at lunch. Still really hoping I can make it work out to go.
so question do they give us lunch like in Reg. cause well I was too busy staring at Shelli and then I went to take pics that I don't even remember eating my sandwich! lol.. I do remember the cookies MANNN they were good I did manage to save one for my hubby! lol.. Its the least I could do after driving the trillion miles he had to get me there! lol

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 03:41 PM   #2275  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, they feed you. They do the best they can, but feeding 6000 people isn't easy!! The boxed lunches were merely edible. The part I liked best was the fresh fruit - but you had to grab it early, 'cause it was gone fast! And then one day they had a popcorn machine and another day ice cream and another day 20th anniversary cupcakes. There was plenty of food...but next time, I'll be signing up for the vegetarian lunch.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 03:50 PM   #2276  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Yes, they feed you. They do the best they can, but feeding 6000 people isn't easy!! The boxed lunches were merely edible. The part I liked best was the fresh fruit - but you had to grab it early, 'cause it was gone fast! And then one day they had a popcorn machine and another day ice cream and another day 20th anniversary cupcakes. There was plenty of food...but next time, I'll be signing up for the vegetarian lunch.
Metal note.. take snack bars just in case! LOL.. I'm not such a veggie eater myself so I know wouldn't eat it.. I know I'm soo bad! lol

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 03:57 PM   #2277  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, see, I'm kind of picky when it comes to food. I love a good turkey/chicken sandwich, but only eat Boars Head deli meat. Has to be all natural and super thin. I love my veggies, so a veggie wrap, which I think they had, would be heaven to me. Yes, I am a food snob.
They give you plenty of other things including a pasta salad - I brought home lots of stuff for the kids - packages of chips, cookies, salt water taffy, etc. Plenty of food. I was part of a small group from my track and we all brought snacks, so no one went hungry for sure!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 05:09 PM   #2278  
Pearl-ExPert

OHH thats right they have that track thing so we know who would be with who! YIKES.. hmm so wait what if I want to register w/my friend who's a demo too would be able to pick the track we want.. sorry I TOLD you guys I have an aweful memeory and actually to tell the truth I didn't pay attention last year UNTIL AFTER everyone was there and I REALLY saw what Convention was about .. shoot I just got into stamping last summer and then became a demo in Feb. (yes I just jumped head first and then began to learn how to swim! lol) so I'm still learning.. AHHHH.. sorry for all the questions.. (((HUGS))) Jen I owe you!

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 06:44 PM   #2279  
Mad Swapper

Woo-hoo! My new camera came today. Love overnight shipping!!!! Love this new toy. Canon 9 MP and 10 X digital zoom. Fun!

So, my DD brought her boyfriend over for dinner tonight. He picked up my broken camera and asked for my set of little screwdrivers. He tinkers around for a few minutes and FIXED my broken camera!

Oh well. I am not sending back the new camera! I like to have an extra camera for the kids to play with - and we haven't had one of those for a little while. Now we do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 06:46 PM   #2280  
Hardware Hotshot

Ellie- You get to pick your track so assuming you both pick the same one, you'll be together. I picked the same track that my upline group did, but ended up hanging out with Amy and Angie instead.

And I agree with what everyone else has said about the number of swaps. I kind of got myself into a swapper's frenzy and just kept signing up. I will not do that next year. I'll still do some, but only to get enough samples I know I can use. Also, I didn't just love general swapping as much as I thought I would.

Jen- You wouldn't be a horrible anything for not sending out homemade cards this year. I've often wondered how many people really appreciate the effort I've got into to create homemade cards. If you have a few left overs from classes, send those to the ones who will notice, and buy some for everyone else. Or didn't you have a cute photo you were going to use. Just do the photo card thing and call it good.

Thanks for all the kind words and support. I had a long talk with a good friend this afternoon that I haven't talked to in about a month and it really helped. We worked together for a number of years and are both doing the SAHM thing now. She had her second last spring. We are really on the same page and it makes me feel a bit better about things to know that I am not the only one overwhelmed by two kids. (Really leaves me in awe of Amy and Kathy.) I know it is just an adjustment phase and that in six months it will just seem so routine.

The announcements are all done however so that is a huge relief! I will try and take a picture and post it tomorrow. I think I will start addressing envelops tonight so I can get them in the mail soon.

AJ has a PT appointment in the morning. My DH is taking the morning off so I don't have to take Spencer with me too. The office is so small there is barely room for me to be in there. (AJ is the youngest patient she has ever worked with so most patients don't have their mommy in tow.)

Good night all. Sweet dreams!
Reply With Quote Likes