Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-05-2008, 05:46 PM   #1801  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, Paula, I wouldn't wanna keep that whole "mother of the year" thing all to myself. LOL
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 06:18 PM   #1802  
Pearl-ExPert

Ellie - I love Cold Stone! I even passed it up this evening cause DH wanted me to come home and make dinner...and I will be by there again tomorrow with a GF so we can go together. And Crissy - ahhemm, there are NO calories in Cold Stone...they just wouldn't do that to one of their best customers LOL!

Paula, sorry AJ is not feeling well. Hope it is just a quick passing little thing.

Tile coasters - I used stazon and sharpies and used a spray sealer - I by the matte finish and do a couple of light coats.

Amy - what do you mean you are as organized as I am? Usually that would be me planning a couple days before the actual event...I made a committment at convention that I would post photos of all my projects on the class flyers (hoping to attract more people) - so far I am meeting that goal.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 06:34 PM   #1803  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, I try to be done with the next month's projects by the Wednesday/Thursday before Card Buffet. Then that leaves me more flexibility in getting them photographed and blogged, and in getting supplies cut for the actual card buffet. LOL

I have been sick for a month, and that has really slowed me down. And organizing for the SCS get-together this Friday is taking lots more time than I planned for. Add in all the drama with last week's hostess club and some other business drama I've had, and I haven't spent enough *productive* time at stamping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 06:53 PM   #1804  
Pearl-ExPert

{HUGS} Amy - I hope your asthma is letting up a bit. Way no fun not being able to do what you know you should be able to - I know, just a different aliment here. I hope you buffet goes WAY better than the club last week.

I got shopping done tonight for two shoeboxes for Smaritian's Purse Operation Christmas Child. That and the box is finally ready to send to our friends in Zimbabwe for their upcoming baby. I have 3 games to donate this weekend for the collection at the crop I am attending on Saturday too. Now, I really have to focus on getting me ready for the crop so I don't need a moving van! And Friday night is the annual Turkey dinner at church so we will be gone most of that evening too. DH reading over my shoulder reminding me we have a meeting tomorrow night at church for the marriage ministry - hmmm...I feel a late night coming on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 06:59 PM   #1805  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

SO I'm up to my eyeballs in thinking of you RAKs and found this: http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=395427

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...1#post11948406

Just FYI.....

Last edited by rhondag; 11-05-2008 at 07:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 07:00 PM   #1806  
Hardware Hotshot

Lisa- your ability to get everything done and be everywhere you need to be (even with an injured shoulder) amazes and inspires me!

I am off to bed to finish watching the Jazz game from under the covers. I hate close games. I know they are more exciting, but I like it when it's a blow out. Keeps my blood pressure down.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 07:02 PM   #1807  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhondagView Post
SO I'm up to my eyeballs in thinking of you RAKs and found this: http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=395427

Just FYI.....
Wow Rhonda. Thanks for sharing. I will definitely be praying for Russ and Lisa.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 07:03 PM   #1808  
Hardware Hotshot

Rhonda - Did you happen to PM Judy for an update? I didn't want to bug her if you already had.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 07:15 PM   #1809  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Oklahoma...State (OSU) We love 'em even when they lose, and we're never disappointed!

I added another link with a post by Melissa...they are spammies (an SCS thread) together.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...1#post11948406
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2008, 07:25 PM   #1810  
Mad Swapper

Rhonda, thanks for posting about Lisa. Prayers for her and Russ. What a scary thing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2008, 03:03 AM   #1811  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow, I will be saying some prayers for them too. What the heck is going on lately? That's a good sign though, if he's flirting with nurses, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2008, 04:27 AM   #1812  
Crimping Master

I just popped in to check on things before work. I will be praying for Lisa and Russ too. I worked with stroke patients at my last nursing job and if he's flirting, that's a really good sign
I'll be off the computer til Friday night, so take care and I'll catch up with all of you then!
Take care, Missi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2008, 04:36 AM   #1813  
Mad Swapper

Oh poor Lisa! Thanks for letting us know Rhonda...they will be added to my prayer list!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2008, 05:59 AM   #1814  
Pearl-ExPert

Wow! Rhonda that's for catching that info and sharing it with us. Lisa and Russ are definitely in my prayers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2008, 06:03 AM   #1815  
Pearl-ExPert

So I am waiting for the state sales tax auditor to show up again. I have billing to do while she is working and hopefully she is done by lunchtime. I was here early and wanted to leave early too (gots to do more shopping for my crop this weekend).

Raining here and supposed to turn white sometime in the next day. Guess I can't complain as we have had a wonderful summer and fall. Let it snow!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2008, 06:11 AM   #1816  
Pearl-ExPert

Saying a prayer for Lisa and her DH..

So what is on your plate this AM ladies.. Me I already have gluey hands.. YES I'm STILL working on these swaps! lol why cause instead of watching and working through Bones and House I just sat there watching! lol.. BUTTTT I just called and checked to make sure our resv. for our hotel is good and ready and paid for the extra night we are staying.. (we are getting the hotel free cause my mom has a time share/hotel thing and we only had to pay for one night)

OH my gosh my hubby came home and said babe go on ebay and check how much the paper is going for (yesterdays) it is going for 200.00! OH MY... I said well sure I could believe it its History.. and then he holds up his arms and has 10 extra copies he grabbed from the work! lol.. I said Oh I'll see if I put then on ebay BUT when we get back cause right now I haven't even packed the kids nor me for that matter... lol

hmm when I get back I'll have to start looking for swaps cause I will feel soooo empty with nothing to do! LOL...

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2008, 06:32 AM   #1817  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, Lisa and Russ will be in my prayers. What a traumatic thing to have happen! I went to bed early last night, so I missed those posts till today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2008, 06:44 AM   #1818  
Stazon Splitcoast

I did one Ellie!! They were all sold out up here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2008, 07:49 AM   #1819  
Kookie Creator

Thanks for the well wishes Jen. And thanks to all those who comment on my blog. Sometimes it's just the boost I need!

Hope all is well with Lisa and Russ. Lisa, if you pop in, my prayers are with you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2008, 07:51 AM   #1820  
Mad Swapper

Good morning!
Still praying for Lisa and Russ.

My DH is the director of the physical rehab dept. at his hospital, and he said that if Russ is showing so much coherence (flirting, etc.) that it definitely is a GOOD thing! Wishing the best for all of them.

I'm trying to get motivated today. Not so sore, but still tired. I have DD's art class, then piano lessons all afternoon. Tonight we're finalizing the invitations for my in-laws' 50th anniversary which is coming up in a couple of weeks.

When do I get to stamp?????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2008, 08:58 AM   #1821  
Mad Swapper

I'll be sure to keep Lisa and her DH in my thoughts. What a crazy thing to have happen. I am glad that it wasn't worse than it was!

working working working.. that's all I seem to do lately.. either at work or at home.. can't wait until the week of thanksgiving to be at home and NOT working.. well, I guess it will still be work.. just domestic work rather than finance work..

ah well.. hope you are all having a good day! Liz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2008, 09:09 AM   #1822  
Stampin' Fool

**Prayers for Lisa & Russ
**No Swaps yet (but I have been peeking)
**Can find SA badge still
**Will post SA Anon. photo (Do I have to get permission from all in photo to post it?)
**Lisa: Did you have a picture of the other part of the group? If so can you email me it and I'll send you mine.
**creating elfette gifts. I actually get to make some things that I have been wanting to for awhile now
**Paula, I hope the insurance thing works out soon
**Keep going Ellie, those swaps will get done
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2008, 09:27 AM   #1823  
Hardware Hotshot

I just got confirmation that my order from last night shipped! Without expediting! Hooray!

Still praying for Lisa and Russ. Thanks for finding the update for us Rhonda.

Each day seems to be getting a little better with Spencer We still have our "What the Heck" moments, but they are getting a little more spread out. We are waiting for word that the legal father relinquished this morning too. Our caseworker called yesterday and said that someone put a lot of pressure on his caseworker to get it taken care of ASAP. I always say, it's not what you know, it's who ya know.

And we are planning on getting family pictures taken tomorrow too. I think that will help Spencer understand that we think of him as part of our family, even if he isn't quite ready to yet. And we start therapy next week too with him.

I got his blanket all finished yesterday afternoon and he has been hauling it around. It's kind of big for that so my goal for today is to make a couple of simple ones that are good for hauling around and cuddling with.

AJ got a good night's sleep and his fever is down so I am going to send him to school. It's picture day and I know they have make ups, but I would love to have it over with.

My love to all of you! Hope you have a great day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2008, 09:47 AM   #1824  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi everyone! Is there a "non-busy" time of year? I keep finding myself saying "This is SUCH a busy time of year!" LOL

My little sister--who has never really wanted to come to my card buffets, but loves my ideas--wants to come to the December one. She is mainly looking for teacher gifts (which I have covered) and something for her 10yo daughter to give to her friends. Do you have any suggestions?

I was thinking maybe just Christmas DSP pillowboxes filled with Christmas M&Ms. Or maybe using a scallop punch to make a pencil topper. I'm sure she'll want to stay in the $2 range for friends, and I have no idea what to do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2008, 10:47 AM   #1825  
Stazon Splitcoast

I need to find time to stamp. I have so much on my plate and I am not dealing well with life, that I think I need to make time to stamp and scrapbook. I have been trying to declutter and clean and clean and clean and work on my resume and contact realtors and clean and it's just not working for me. I think I'm going to have a heart attack or a nervous breakdown. My friend is having people over to scrapbook tomorrow night and it's my free weekend, so I think I'm going to pull together something to go over there. And I'm putting off the resume until Sat. when I can really focus on it instead of working on it for 20 min here and there. I just picked up little guy, but when big guy gets home in 2 minutes, we are going upstairs to clean their rooms and put away laundry, etc. Fun, fun.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2008, 11:25 AM   #1826  
Hardware Hotshot

Jen- Go to the crop and take that time for yourself. Even if you don't get much done there, just spending time with others creating always makes me feel better. Give yourself permission to spoil yourself in some way. You do have a lot on your plate right now and you need something to stay sane. Good luck with the cleaning too.

Amy- I hear ya. If there is a time of year that isn't crazy busy, I don't know when that is. But then, I like to keep myself busy so some of that is my own fault.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2008, 11:41 AM   #1827  
Hardware Hotshot

And we did hear from our caseworker and the relinquishment finally happened this morning. And the state hearing was yesterday and the judge, attorneys and caseworkers were all supportive of Spencer's placement with us. So glad to have all of that behind us.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2008, 12:28 PM   #1828  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, friends. I am in so much pain.

I just got an email from my friend and the cancer is in her husband's liver and lungs. They skipped the MRI on the brain. He has refused treatment and has come home to spend time with his wife and children as he dies. He may pass as soon as this week - maximum is 4 weeks. He is a very prayerful person and isn't scared, as he knows God is waiting for him. Please pray for Jim, Chris and his girls, Lauren and Dana. He is only 44 years old and his girls are so young. I know that he needs to be in Heaven for a reason, but boy, this has hit me very hard.

Now that I've started crying, I can't stop. I just can't take any more of this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2008, 12:54 PM   #1829  
Hardware Hotshot

((((hugs)))) Jen. That is devastating. My heart just breaks for his family. They will be in my prayers, as will you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2008, 01:03 PM   #1830  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you Paula.

This has hit me hard. Besides this being the first of the people my age who are getting sick and dying, these friends were very supportive when my ex decided to leave. In fact, Jim wanted to sit down and talk to my ex about the decisions he was making and counsel him to a degree. They went out of their way for me. My ex declined, but it just shows what character they have. I know my friend and her kids will be OK - they are very strong. Everything is just hitting all at once.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2008, 01:04 PM   #1831  
Stazon Splitcoast

I also want to apologize about being such a downer lately. I'm sorry about that. Boy, when it rains it sure does pour!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2008, 01:14 PM   #1832  
Hardware Hotshot

I lost a friend my age to cancer last year. It was really hard and I still get sad when I think of her young family without her. It doesn't matter how strong they are, this is a very sad thing to happen.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2008, 01:20 PM   #1833  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, Jen...I'm so sorry....hugs to you!

I'm sorry about your friend as well Paula!

Last edited by rhondag; 11-06-2008 at 01:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2008, 01:22 PM   #1834  
Stazon Splitcoast

Some good news....

I received this information by pm........Lisa's husband Russ is "home" at his mothers - -probably they will be "HOME HOME" tomorrow - no tumor, nothing wrong anywhere - they really don't know what caused the stroke. First thing he wanted was STARBUCKS!! LOL

She called me and was on her way to STARBUCKS while he was at his mom's!!

GOOD NEWS - - YEAH!!!

I also have caught up with my RAKs.......noone take that as an excuse to get sick though! SCSers stay/get well!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2008, 01:25 PM   #1835  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Jen my heart is with you and your friend.. God is amazing and loving and trust me I have been there.. questioning how much could I take and feeling like I was at my end..but faith is so powerful and I believe in prayer soooo much.. so I will be praying for peace for you and your friends family... Believe and hold on...(((((HUGS)))))

PLEASE PLEASE... if you need an ear I am here just PM and I'll give you my phone # and I am here for you..

(((HUGS))))

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2008, 01:55 PM   #1836  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm so sorry, Jen! I don't blame you for feeling devastated. {{Hugs}} We'll be praying for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2008, 03:12 PM   #1837  
Mad Swapper

Oh, Jen.
My heart just aches for you and that dear family. We don't know the rhyme or reason of it all, but I'm glad he's at peace. It's so much harder, tho, for the ones left behind.

Rhonda, thanks for the good news about Lisa and Russ. What a relief for them.

And Paula, great news on your end! I hope it just keeps getting better and better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2008, 03:38 PM   #1838  
Mad Swapper

Jen, I'm so sorry for this awful news. It is just so sad. At least they have a little time to prepare for it and spend his final days, apposed to losing him unexpecdetly. My heart breaks for them though and I will be praying for them.

You hang in there and just take it one day at a time. You have to keep well for yourself and for your boys. Even though it is a tough time, I know you will get through it. We are here for you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2008, 03:40 PM   #1839  
Mad Swapper

Paula - I'm glad Spencer is adjusting and it is great news about the relinquishment.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2008, 04:05 PM   #1840  
Mad Swapper

<---- look who got a hair cut today! I have never used my picture for an avatar here, but I wanted to share with you all my new style! My hair was very long, I donated 10 inches to locks of love and she probably cut 3 more inches off to even it up and layer it. I really like it, it is really weird though because I've had long hair for a long time! Last time it was this short was years before my dd was born and she is 3.5.

The cool thing is I did it at lunch today and when I came back from lunch EVERYONE said how great it looked. People that I hardly see or talk to were even commenting on it. I felt really good. Now if I could just lose more weight I would feel even better! Just thought I'd share that with you
Reply With Quote Likes