Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-07-2008, 05:36 PM   #1881  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my swaps today. They are great and so worth the wait!

Lisa: Thanks for posting. It's wonderful how prayers work!

Jen: Relax and have a great weekend

Crissy: You are a good mom and my youngest DS sat in my lap at the Dentist until he was 6.

It is 6:30pmPST and I have to coach a basketball game tonight but it's not until 8pm. I am tired already as I just got back from the pool.

Have a great weekend! I'll have to catch up on everything on Monday as it is a swim meet weekend and that means 7am until 9pm days Saturday & Sunday! With soccer and basketball fit in between. I am so thankful for my parents or I couldn't do this.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 05:38 PM   #1882  
Pearl-ExPert

Good eveniung ladies...

TIRED TIRED and did I mention TIRED.. but here I am in VA.. with swaps ready to go.. I was going to make some extra swaps BUT I can't take it.. I've been up since 5 in a car since 10am and just got in like an hr. ago.. LOOOK I have interent! YIPPPPEEE... I brought my laptop just in case I would be able to get service

ok mini catch up... Jen... I'm sending big hugs for you you are wonderful and trust me spending time w/your friend is the most beautiful gift TRUST ME I for one cherish the time that my BF was there with me and I hold it so close to my heart...

Lisa God is GOOD!! I could am soooo happy to read the wonderful news!

Now Crissy.. Let me tell you about my dear sweet DS2 he was also 3 when I had to take him to the denist and it was the same thing and I KNOW my sweets is not like as a matter of fact I didn't like that denist for anything that and so I did research and found the most wonderful denist because she is so gentle and before doing anything (which to me was the most important thing) she has a big tooth that she would show Isaac when she as going to do and then let him try and then ASK if she could check and PATIENCE for our babies... I mean I know I would soo scared and if that denist would have said oh your mama has to leave I would have said OH NO we both are leaving! (trust me I have soooo done it before! LOL)

-Ellie
S

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 05:52 PM   #1883  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycatstamperView Post
Thank you all for the prayers. They certainly WORKED! The CHP who called me on Tuesday was the one who said diabetic shock, by the time I got to the ER in Napa (about 90 minutes away), they told me it was a stroke. After 2 full days in Neuro ICU at Stanford Medical Center under the care of who we are told is one of the top neurosurgeons in the country and a bazillion tests of every variety, they could find nothing wrong with Russ and cannot find a reason for what happened or anything that would indicate it would ever happen again. As someone there put it, "whatever it was must have been all prayed away!". On Tuesday evening, the ER he was admitted to in Napa had him airlifted to Stanford with the intent that they were going to need to do brain surgery. By the time he got there, he was sitting up, coherent, talking to people, flirting with nurses and answering questions correctly.

The only effect of whatever happened is that he has no memory of WHAT happened, which is probably a good thing. I however, do remember and am hoping that will fade SOON. I wouldn't wish this on ANYONE. EVER. He was discharged from Stanford ICU yesterday shortly after noon and we are now home. He has no medications or restrictions other than to not do any heavy lifting, but mostly because he has been hospitalized and had a lot of tests done and blood drawn. He is going back to work on Monday. It's been a wild ride, that's for sure. I did, however, come home to my SA Christmas swaps, which I will be drooling on later.....

Lisa,
This is great news! Happy to see you back with us (and DH too!)...it is truly amazing the power of prayer, there just really is not another explaination. And, being in healthcare myself, we really have to be able to explain everything, and then charge you well for our time and knowledge
Glad things are back to mostly "normal" for both of you. Enjoy the SA swaps, they are great!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 06:01 PM   #1884  
Matboard Maniac

Elllie-we are all jealous you are in VA--enjoy Regionals, hope it is as much fun as Convention was!

Crissy-I agree with the thoughts of a peds dentist. However, my Mom is a dental hygienist, so I have a very twisted way of thinking of the dentist office. It was never a big deal for me and my child thinks it is cool that Nana helps keep his teeth clean. And, needless to say brushing and flossing were never optional at our house. But, in a normal house and with all of my friends with kids, a peds dentist can not be beat!

Jen-{{hugs}} to you from all of us. I am so proud of you for going to your crop tonight and enjoying time for you. Hope it was fun!

Lisa-be careful with your shoulder hauling around all the scrapbook stuff--if you are like me, I need a very large vehicle everytime I go

Amy-hope all the workshop mess from last weekend got fixed for you. And, hope you are feeling better too!

Paula-good luck with the MD visit with Spencer. I know you have your hands full now, but isn't motherhood fun (Ok, the some of the moments are fun and enjoyable at least!)

Everyone else, have a great weekend! I am in for the Shoebox swap at Convention next year. I have already booked my flight (gotta love those frequent flyer miles that were going to expire if I didn't use them!!) so I will be there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 06:30 PM   #1885  
Pearl-ExPert

Checking in before heading off to bed for my early rise.

Lisa - so, so glad your DH is okay and that is seems all is well. PTL. Enjoy your swaps.

Erin, glad your swaps arrived! Enjoy.

Jen, glad you got to just hang with your friends. Relax and enjoy your weekend.

Ellie - have a blast at regionals, swapping and all.

Angie - I will be sure to be careful on the shoulder...I have light bags and all the heavy stuff in rolling totes. And yes it takes half a moving van to get there and this is just one day...two weeks from now I am going for a whole weekend...

Jen - there is room for one more at our weekend in two weeks...if you happen to be in Minnesota you are welcome to join us.

Paula, hope the Dr went well.

Hellos to everyone and have a great Saturday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 07:03 PM   #1886  
Hardware Hotshot

Lisa- So good to hear from you and know your DH is doing well. That's amazing and made me think it would make a good episode of House.

Erin- You sound busy this weekend. Good luck with the game and meet and all. So glad our swaps finally made it to you.

Angie- Always good to hear from you.

Lisa- Have fun at your crop.

Jen- I'm so behind on Gray's. This morning when I couldn't sleep I watched one from weeks ago on the Internet. But at least it was from this season. Most shows, I am a whole season behind because we rent them when they come out on DVD. I hope you have a peaceful weekend.

Ellie- Enjoy regionals. I bet you meet a lot of fun demos there.

Waving Hi to both Amys, Liz, Crissy, Kathy, Sharon, Pamela, Rhonda and anyone else I missed.

The doctor's appointment went OK. Spencer does NOT like the doctor but I think it helped that it was a she and I asked them to please not do any shots today. He could use a flu shot, but I thought we'd better save that for another day.

She wrote a prescription for the same meds he is on but wants him evaluated by a child psych to determine if he really needs them. We start the process next week to get him into a children's counseling center so hopefully we'll know for sure what the best thing is for him soon.

My kitchen is mostly clean but my family room/classroom still needs a good once over. But I am so sleepy since I was wide awake at 4:00 a.m. this morning. And the Jazz are doing a number to Oaklahoma City (sorry Rhonda and Kathy) so I don't feel like I have to see the end to know how it is going to end. Except that tonight is Jerry Sloan's (the coach) 1000th win with the Jazz. How amazing is that?

Good night! Have a great weekend one and all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 08:46 PM   #1887  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm home! Had my Boise-area SCS swap tonight--I got to see Stacy and talk her ear off all night! LOL

I'm slowly getting better. My hostess from last week *still* hasn't paid me, but I know she will. <roll eyes> She's just one of those people who lets things get away from her.

Lisa--so happy for you and your dh that everything turned out so well!

Paula--glad things went well today!

Thanks everyone for all the good wishes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 08:56 PM   #1888  
Polyshrink Goddess

How did you beat me online to post Amy?

I had a blast tonight - cute projects and had a great time talking with Amy all night. We decided that next time we could just go to lunch instead of invite 20 people to stamp with us while we talked. Loved that comment Amy!

I'll tell you what everyone - she is a true enabler. She tried to sell me on a big tape gun, a turbo cutter, and something that would require a quilting mat (I don't even know what that is!) I think she could sell a beachfront property to someone afraid of the water! Anyhow, it made me giggle - but she didn't sign me up for anything since I am actually making my 100+ Christmas cards, unlike some people on this post (hee hee - my card better be homemade Amy!)

Lisa - I caught up on all the posts and am so relieved for you and your husband. What a scary event and you handled it with such strength. Truly inspiring. I'm glad that everything will be okay!

Jen - Sorry to hear about everything - I am glad that you took a night to have some wine and friend time - I've found that always helps. When my husband's dad passed away last year, we suffered from that same overwhelming support from friends and family and then the slow withdraw of that support. I don't think people realize that they do it but I'm grateful that your friend has a friend like you and vice versa so you both have a support system in effect - that is just so important!

Husband is MIA (well, he's playing Gears of War 2 with beer and buddies) so I'm off to look at my cool projects from tonight and maybe start working on those calendars. I'll post them if I ever get the months finished. Support me here - I keep losing track of time in finishing them and I only have 6 days left!

Take care everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 09:01 PM   #1889  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, I didn't have to go to the airport in between.

And just for the record, the "turbo cutter" (Carl!) and the quilting square go together. LOL And you SO need an ATG and a Scor Pal. Doesn't she, ladies???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 09:10 PM   #1890  
Mad Swapper

y'all are up late!

Someone showed up at my last hostess club with an ATG gun! We were all afraid of it! LOL!

Does look pretty awesome, tho. That may be the next big toy for me.

g'night all
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 09:10 PM   #1891  
Mad Swapper

p.s. I didn't even know Oklahoma was playing tonight. I'm out of the loop sportswise right now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 09:52 PM   #1892  
Polyshrink Goddess

Kathy - don't let Amy get to you over this forum - she must be stopped!

I will give though - what is so great about the scor pal? I have a cutter and adhesive but if it's something I don't have......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 09:53 PM   #1893  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, I'm sure you'll just say you have a scoring blade on your Fiskars, so I'm not sure I should tell you. <wink>
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 09:55 PM   #1894  
Stazon Splitcoast

Seriously, I never used to make boxes or fancy fold cards or anything 3D because I couldn't get accurate scoring more than half the time. (I know, I'm sure it was user error.) Now I get 100% accurate scoring with my Scor Pal. I use it every time I stamp.

Do you have a Bind It All yet?????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2008, 10:26 PM   #1895  
Polyshrink Goddess

Getting a Bind It All for Christmas from my mom so covered there. I thought the cool pens we used tonight are a great stocking stuffer. They are Sakura - Quickie Glue Pen - Pinpoint Roller Glue Pen - how cool for glitter (even though I never use glitter - with this I might!) Off to research the Scor Pal (and yes, I have a fiskers scoring blade and use my bone folder...)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2008, 03:41 AM   #1896  
Hardware Hotshot

Morning. The Scor-Pal and the ATG are on my birthday wish list. Let's see, 16 more days and I find out for sure if I get them. Actually, I know already about the ATG. I was "accidently" reviewing the CC statement and came across a charge for framingsupplies.com. Tee Hee!

I just hope that my score pal doesn't end up keeping my BIA company on the shelf with my unused tools. I can't imagine that it would, but here's hoping.

Up at the crack of dawn(actually, that won't happen for awhile) to cut for my class and watch another episode of Grey's.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2008, 04:55 AM   #1897  
Stazon Splitcoast

Gals,

You HAVE to have a Scor-Pal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a must. It makes workshop prep so, so easy!! I would never make boxes before - too much work, but this tool is amazing and sooooo easy to use!! It goes so fast to score multiple items.
Go buy one NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I got one for my birthday last year - the last good thing the ex- gave me! LOL!!!!)

So, I am up early. A friend called and I jumped up thinking it was bad news. No, I was with her last night and she still forgot that it was my off weekend and wanted to know if I was bringing my son to help with Scouting for Food!!!!! That's OK, I'll just have to take a nap later!! Tee-hee-hee!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2008, 06:30 AM   #1898  
Crimping Master

Good Morning Everyone!
I just got caught up on all the news, I think.
Lisa - I'm so happy that your DH is fine and the recipient of a prayer miracle.

Jen- One of my best friend's husband was killed a few years ago. I took some time off work, after the funeral, and stayed at her house. She tells me now that it was the best gift she ever got. So your idea to be there for her after he passes, is exactly what she will need.

Amy and Stacy -I'm so jealous that you got to stamp together! I loveshoebox swaps. Maybe next time you should stamp with the 20 other women and spend the night in a hotel talking And a Scor-pal is an essential piece of equipment. It makes prep so easy. Come to think of it, a Bind it All is pretty important too

Paula -It sounds like Spencer is settling in well. Have fun at your class today!

Lisa - have fun at your crop and post some of the cute pages you make!

Angie - Did I tell you "Thanks" for heading me in the right direction for info on Aricept? I found exactly what I needed for my power point for patho. Thanks!!

I'm going to a friend's Christmas SAS today. I'm so excited to stamp! Hopefully it will get my creative juices flowing for my club next weekend. Have a great day.

Missi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2008, 06:47 AM   #1899  
Crimping Master

I just wanted to let you know how I'm coming on the address/birthday info. If I dont have your address and birthday, please PM me so I can add you to the list.

So far, I have addresses and birthdays for:
Jen
Stacy
Angie
Paula
Crissy
Lisa (biffsbee)
*Amy

I have addresses for
Amy
Erin

We have some birthdays coming up soon, so I will get this put into a document and PM it either tonight or tomorrow (depends on how many leaves I have to rake later)
Missi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2008, 10:09 AM   #1900  
Polyshrink Goddess

Okay - I have to send out a big thank you to Amy. In her efforts to convince me into a new cutter, I was complaining about my OCD and my SU! tabletop cutter. She mentioned how to cut so that everything comes out even and IT WORKED! I'm going to be ready for my calendar in no time. Thank you for teaching me how to use an expensive piece of equipment that I about threw out the window last year!

I am so grateful that my husband and my dad get along so well. They are at the BSU game together and mom and I get to work on the camp - without any guilt about not going. That's a great union!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2008, 10:38 AM   #1901  
Stazon Splitcoast

Go Broncos!

Glad your cutter is working for you, Stacy! That should *really* speed up your prep! {{Hugs}}
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2008, 01:02 PM   #1902  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow!! I just woke up from a long nap. Guess I needed it, but now I'm going to be up all night!! Looks like I'll be crafting tonight and tomorrow instead! Hope I have something good on my tivo!

So, I did go for a long walk this a.m. and ran a bit - just half a mile to test out my new ankle.

And I treated myself - I bought a lobster for dinner! At $4.99 a pound, it can't be beat! They actually had pounders for $3.99, but those are soooo tiny.

Stacy - glad you got the cutter working and have help doing the prep. Good luck! What would we do without Amy? LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2008, 02:48 PM   #1903  
Pearl-ExPert

HEY EVERYONE!!

Just got back from all my fun!! I GOT TO MEET SHEILLI!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AND I WON A STAMP SET! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... WOW it was so much fun!! I can't wait to go to Convention!! I had soooooooooooo much fun! WOW.. that was soooo awesome I want to do it again! lol...

I sooooo not looking foward to that crazy long ride to get back home tomorrow AM but it was worth it!! I LOOOVEED IT SOOO MUCH!

Ok now I will go and read what you gals have been up to so I can catch up and then I am going to go through all the swaps I got!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH and I have to download the pics too...

HUGS!!

-Ellie

My Little Rambling World
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2008, 03:01 PM   #1904  
Hardware Hotshot

Ellie- Glad you had fun at Regionals. Have a safe journey home.

Missi- Thanks for putting our list together. And hope you had fun stamping today.

Stacy and Amy- Go BSU! (Of course, it would help the Utes out if they lost )

Jen- Glad you got to take a long nap. That sounds wonderful. Hope the creative juices start flowing and you are able to get a lot done.

My class is over and I made about $40 more than I estimated (always good) and I got a surprise order too! Now I am taking a break from classes until January. I still have a workshop and hostess club the week after next, but I am going to take the time between Thanksgiving and the new catalog launch to concentrate on Christmas and my family. (And maybe a swap or two if I can manage to get ahead a bit.) Now I am going to make all the extra cards to have on hand for Christmas in case I feel moved to send any out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2008, 03:57 PM   #1905  
Mad Swapper

Happy Saturday - (now that it's almost over!)

This morning/early afternoon was spent running EVERYWHERE! I really hate those kind of days!

Came home and crawled in bed and slept for over 2 hours! I really LOVE those kinds of afternoons!

Sent my DH off today. He's headed up to MO to stay with my DD for the next 10 days. She's having another surgery on Monday on her left eye. The doc says she is healing faster than he could have ever imagined! Yay! He also said that within hours of removing the cataract from her left eye, she will see better than she has for years! Yay!

My DH is so cute! My 18 month old grandson and I had a special routine - I have pictures on my PDA of the family. His favorite pic was the one of him and my DH. At naptime and bedtime we would look at all the pictures and watch a little video on there of him saying animal sounds, etc.

Anyway, I made a little photo album for my DH to show my grandson at naptime, etc., and made sure there was a picture of ME and my grandson in there. I told my DH that it was his job, now to make sure to show my grandson the pics so he didn't forget me.

'No Way!' he said. 'I'm his favorite!!!!!!' LOL

Well, now that I've checked in, it's off to finish stamping I go. I'm going to have some fun stuff to put up on my blog tonight!

(I think I had some weird dreams about a scor-pal and the ATG gun! Must've caught the thread here by osmosis!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2008, 04:30 PM   #1906  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

The events of the week are finally catching up with me. I'm POOPED! LOL! I was hoping to do the sketch challenges over at Verve this week. They are due in just over 5 hours (5 cards). Don't think I'm gonna make it.... LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2008, 04:37 PM   #1907  
Stazon Splitcoast

OK, so I'm making some cards - very simple, but a start, and I swear I have 1/4 in. choc chip gg, but I can't find it anywhere!!! Maybe I never did order it??? Feeling frustrated.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2008, 05:11 PM   #1908  
Hardware Hotshot

I simply have to amend what I said earlier about BSU. I didn't realize they were playing *my* Aggies today. If I had, I never would have said "go BSU." (Can you tell how closely I follow my Alma Mater in football. We tend to follow Utah more because they are here in SLC and DH got his masters there and mostly because they have a better team right now.)

Kathy- Grandma's are always the favorite. Just humor your DH and let him think he is for the next 10 days or so.

Lisa- I can only imagine how emotionally tired you must be. When my DS was in the hospital, I was worn out for weeks afterward. Hope you are able to get the emotional, spiritual and physical rest that you need over the next few days.

Jen- Sorry about the ribbon. Hate it when that happens.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2008, 05:28 PM   #1909  
Mad Swapper

Lisa - I'm so glad to hear your husband is on the mend and all the prayers worked! How scary for you both.

Jen - I am glad that you spent some quality time with your friends. It doesn't matter if you didn't do anything crafty! At least your making something now right? don't you hate when you KNOW you have something and you can't find it! Then you start second guessing yourself!

Lisa - Hope you had fun at your crop today!

Amy and Stacy - I'm so jealous you guys got to hang out! Not fair!!!

Amy - I hope your hostess pays you soon! And stop enabling! (Now, tell me more about this ATG gun?)

Missi - hope you had fun at your SAS!

Ellie-So cool you got to meet Shelli! And congrats on the stamp set!! Have a safe trip home!

Paula - glad your class went well, it is always nice when you get more $ than you expect! My class next weekend is my last until January. But I only do one a month anyway.

Kathy - LOL at your DH! That is funny. I bet he shows your grandson the pictures though

Erin - Hope your busy day went well!

Hi Angie!

Wow, I think I am caught up now! Miss a day and jeez! What is going to happen when I go on vacation?

I had a fun day today. The Church I send my DD to for Preschool has a Holiday event every year to raise money for a local organization the assists domestic violence victims. I went last year and had a great time. today was the day for this year. We made a few crafts, had lunch, made another craft. There was a silent auction and I won a couple things, one will be a Christmas gift for my mom, so that's good! The afternoon session I made this very cute stuffed snowman (I'll post a pic on my blog tomorrow). I was going to give it to my Grandma for Christmas, but he is so cute, I don't know if I can do it! Then when I came we decided to rent Ratatouille, get Taco Bell for dinner and put a fire in the fire place and have a nice relaxing evening. I can't tell you the last time we did that. Now I'm catching up with you guys and thinking about turning in early! I'm hoping to work on my secret elf stuff tomorrow a little
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2008, 06:37 PM   #1910  
Polyshrink Goddess

So no one has to keep me accountable on the calendars anymore because I'm as done as I can be until my order gets here Monday. I'm like 90% done!

Paula - I just thought Amy got to you since you were cheering on BSU - she's a powerful influence. Sorry your team lost but I'm still happy my hubby went to the game so I could craft. Tonight he's back at his buddy's playing his XBox game (yes, he's 30 but they are all video geeks at heart and have been since college!) Anyhow, I'm off to work on Christmas cards now - have a good night everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2008, 07:22 PM   #1911  
Hardware Hotshot

Well, Amy is *very* persuasive.

But as my parents and my grandparents went to Utah State before me, and my Uncle has a building there named after him, I should have known better. I am sure my grandfather and uncle rolled over in their graves when I appeared to be rooting for the opposing team.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2008, 07:34 PM   #1912  
Stazon Splitcoast

I can't keep up with you all! I wanted to do the Verve challenges, too! Julee is such a sweetheart, and I was supposed to go help her package stamps this weekend but couldn't fit it in.

Ahem, on to my special contribution:

The ATG is an Adhesive Transfer Gun. It was designed to be used in the matting and framing industry. Think of a packing tape gun kind of thing.

ATG

You want the 714 model (it's red), and the 987 tape. 3M 987ATG 1/4"x 60 yds.

It's very well-balanced and is easier on my Carpal Tunnel syndrome than SNAIL is. Besides, it's the coolest ever. Too big to lose on my craft table. A roll of 60 YARDS (not feet) is about $3. I went thru 2 rolls that size for my Convention swaps. Imagine what that would have cost me in SNAIL refills. <wink>

The initial investment is a bit large--the gun is around $40 (I think it went up from when I bought it). And shipping is around $10. (If you enter your address, then put "2" in all the cc fields, it will tell you your shipping cost. If you order 12 rolls of adhesive (probably 2 year's supply for me), you won't have to pay shipping again for a long time. It's even better if you can get a few people to order it with you and split the shipping.

You totally NEED one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2008, 07:36 PM   #1913  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry about your Aggies, Paula. Utah State used to be a big football powerhouse. Would love to see them get better! Lots of friends/family have gone there.

Yay Stacy for getting done!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2008, 03:50 AM   #1914  
Mad Swapper

Thanks for the link Amy, I was wondering if that is what my friend has and it is. The first time i saw it was at our weekend crop and she had so much trouble with it, however, she went to another crop with some other people that had them and they told her something was wrong and she should call where she purchased and get it fixed or replaced because it shouldn't be doing that. I am not sure where she bought it though. Up until that point she had loved it and said how great it was. But we were both having adhesive issues that weekend.

I guess now I have another thing to add to my wish list! ARGG!

Did I tell you guys I'm telling my mom I want a cricut for my birthday/Christmas? I'm going to send her to ebay! =-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2008, 07:11 AM   #1915  
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning Gals!

I hope everyone is having an awesome weekend and a good day. The sun is finally out over here after several days of rain and cloudiness.

I went for a mile run today to test the ankle. Felt pretty good, but between yesterday and today, I've given myself a blister! Looks like tomorrow will be in the pool.

I'm going out shopping today for some interview dresses - hopefully with the good sales I'll be able to find something nice!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2008, 07:24 AM   #1916  
Crimping Master

Crissy - I have had terrible problems with my ATG and though it was operator error or the fact that I am left-handed. I was searching for other tape guns on the internet and found that they are recalling all the ATG guns made this year. I called the hotline (1-888-936-3636) They asked for my address and how many tape rolls I had ruined. They will send postage so I can send my defective gun to them and they will send a new one. They didn't ask for proof of purchase or even where I had purchased it. I was so relieved to find out is wasn't me, because I love using my friend's ATG.

I had a great time at the SAS and made some really fun cards. I am going to find my desk and do some stamping later, after we rake more leaves

Have a great day!!
Missi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2008, 07:25 AM   #1917  
Crimping Master

Jen - That's great about your ankle, but too bad you got blisters Maybe you need new running shoes to go with your new interview dresses
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2008, 07:35 AM   #1918  
Mad Swapper

Jen - Good luck finding interview dresses. It always makes me feel good to buy a new dress, espeically if it is on sale!

Missi - thanks for the info on recalled ATG, I'll email my friend that and have her look into it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2008, 11:10 AM   #1919  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have new shoes...haven't worn them yet...I think it's the orthodics I have in there for arch support...my blister is right under my fallen arch. These seem to be fine for walking, not so much on the running....still, I feel great today!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2008, 11:26 AM   #1920  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenguinView Post
OK, so I'm making some cards - very simple, but a start, and I swear I have 1/4 in. choc chip gg, but I can't find it anywhere!!! Maybe I never did order it??? Feeling frustrated.....
It won't turn up until you order an new roll. You DO know that, right? LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes