Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-14-2021, 03:35 PM   #3841  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,716 Likes on 649 Posts

Oooh, Kandie, hate when that happens.

Jan, I got the Pfizer today. So far just my arm feels a little sore.

Jean, I agree with you about the mojo. Ignoring is best, lol. How fun to get together with Jeannie. Her and Karen have been on lots of craft store jaunts together.

Kathy, that is what we did for holiday when I was young as well. Camp! I am too high maintenance now, lol......

Gracie welcome back and congrats on the new camper trailer. I could do that!

Ann thanks for the comments!

I think I will go take a tylenol!

Shirl

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2021, 04:20 PM   #3842  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Shirl glad you were able to get your shot. We have had both now (Moderna). Hopefully, you won't have any side effects.

Jan, our camper is a pull behind (21 feet long) and has a queen size bed, table w/bench seats, refrigerator/freezer, gas stove/oven, microwave, bathroom with tub/shower. It is just the right size for us. It was so clean and in great shape for a 2003. It's looks almost brand new inside.

Jean we go back to Wisconsin end of May. We have a pontoon at our cabin. We sold our ski/fish boat that we had in Arizona. I'm sure we'll use a camper much more often than the boat.

Ann, hope your stomach troubles have cleared up.

Kandie, why would you feed your bra a salad? Ha ha! I hate when that happens!

Catherine, hope you had a good day at work.

Jayne, hope you had a good sleep and are ready to craft today. I'm really missing my crafting time. I played Mahjong this afternoon and now I'm tired.

Kathy, I think they are stopping all Johnson & Johnson vaccines because some younger people have had strokes...I think that's what I heard. So sad.

Hi Sharon, Melody, Linda, Rebekah, Vicki, and all I've missed. Hope you have a great evening.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2021, 04:23 PM   #3843  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,913 Likes on 2,182 Posts

I heard they are investigating the J&J because several have developed blood clots
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2021, 04:25 PM   #3844  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

That's too bad. I was hoping every thing would go well with J & J and the country would finally be able to vaccinate everyone who wanted the vaccines.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2021, 06:49 PM   #3845  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 937 Posts

Morning...I’ve been smiling reading all of your chat..thank you. Let’s see if I can remember it all...

Shirl hope you are feeling ok still after your jab. We still have sore arms after our flu shots. We heard that the J&J one is like the Oxford one and some people are getting clots. When you look at the numbers it’s very very low. My brother had the Oxford one and he has had clots in his lungs and is good. We are only being offered the Oxford one at this stage but I think our Government has just secured some Pfizer ones.

Well done Gracie on selling your boat so quickly. It’s like caravans and motor homes (RVs) and trailers here. You can’t get them unless you pay top dollar. We are heading out soon to go and look at a motor home. It’s very nice and we will have to order one which can take up to 10 months delivery at present. Getting into camp sites is an issue too as every man and his dog wants to camp at present. DH wants to head off for a year...I’m still thinking on that one but there’s lots to see here. The one we are looking at is the Winnebago Iluka. I also like a Jayco one. I think you must have an American company with the same name as this is an Aussie company. We saw hundreds of caravans and trailers at the show...some of the trailers were amazing. Will be such fun Gracie for you guys to travel around your country too.

Jean, yes that mojo comes and goes and I try to push through it. How cool to be meeting up with Jeannie. I love Sabrina’s accent. When we chatted I could have listened to her all night..so soothing and not a strong Irish accent that I expected. Very soft and soothing.

You ladies are way too complimentary on my accent although it has changed since I’ve lived here. Jan’s accent is similar to mine I think, but she sounds more like my family who live in Derbyshire.

Kandie..lol...eating a salad in your bra...you make me smile.

Kathy, how lovely for your DH to receive a gift of biccies when he visited his ex workplace. How’s the bike riding going?

Catherine, what’s the next home project? Enjoy work.

Ann, hope you are feeling much better.

Hi to everyone else. Time to move and go and see this RV. I said it has to have space for my craft box lol. Waving and sending hugs

Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2021, 08:11 PM   #3846  
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, yes, Jayne, I was happy to read you will be taking some crafty things with you in this new RV.

My brother Bruce and Wendy had an RV with queen bed and had lots of good trips over a period of at least ten years. They sold it just before the March 2020 lockdown. Everyone wants to have these now, it seems.

We have done long walks 3X this week. The weather is super right now. No rain expected till next Tues.

Night all!
Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2021, 09:26 PM   #3847  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hello

Hello to all!

Salad in my bra- nope- I have popcorn in mine : )

We have had our eyes on RV's- not so sure what we would buy, but hubby changes his mind alot- currently thinks he wants a Class A that you drive and will pull a car. We are in the market for a new car, and not all can be pulled.... that will be how he decided on his next new ride : )
We have been going round and round- first it was pulling an RV- so we would have a vehicle to drive around in. Like Jayne- I just need space for my crafy supplies !

I am finally getting caught up on stamping after our month away, and now need to spend a few hours cleaning up my creative space- such a disaster!

My brother #3 had a colonoscopy scheduled for today- he has really really bad asthma....and once they sedated him- about 2 minutes in- he aspirated..... lots of family drama- I was ready to get on a plane! He was discharged to home and checked in with me tonight- I am still pretty worried about him! He has had this issue before, so they set him up with anesthesia....

Tomorrow- cleaning and Physical therapy! Hip pain is improving, so hope I am done soon!

Hugs to all
Shelly

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2021, 10:03 PM   #3848  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Jayne do it, I would love a year traveling in a camper , we spent 18 months living in our caravan when we first came to Spain, cycling everywhere, we did stay in one place as we had too much stuff with us but it was so relaxing and we had just retired so we were excited to have no worries about work stuff.

Kandie salad in your bra, yuck, mind you I never wear a bra at home, that would be even worse.

Shirl pleased to hear you are ok, our son had the JJ vaccine and he just had one rough night, no swollen arm and is fine, no second jab either, I was talking to the hairdresser and she said the same as me , don’t care which one I get id just like to have one!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2021, 04:59 AM   #3849  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,503 Likes on 719 Posts

Good morning, good morning. The sun has taken a break, 39 degrees outside. We covered all the plants. Those couple of days in the 80s were really a spoiler.

According to DH’s DS3, their RV plant, one of two largest in the country (Elkhart, Indiana is the total city for RV manufacturing) is at a standstill because the parts needed are made by other countries and can’t get to the US. And yet, demand for the RVs and trailers has never been higher, due to the pandemic.

I can’t even see my craft area. I’ve been going through each room and cutting down on clutter, and of course, all the extra stuff is ending up on the craft table.

Have a wonderful day to you all!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2021, 06:19 AM   #3850  
Proud Fan Club Member

I wear a bra 24/7 except for showers, etc. So you may find pretzel pieces in mine.
we are waiting for our furniture to be delivered. Cleaned the old one because my sister is taking it. But can't take it over until I know they are on there way. One time we bought a new mattress so we took the old one down and got rid of it, then they called to change delivery to 2 days later and we had to sleep on the floor for 2 days! No mattress, just blankets. Luckily my pain wasn't as bad back then, but I learned to wait for delivery notice. We had an automated call yesterday that said they would be here between 2:45 and 4:45 today. But it also said they would call today to give us a more accurate time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2021, 07:50 AM   #3851  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy my mum and dad ordered a new sofa and chairs , gave the old ones away and then the new ones were delayed, we went round and they were out, we looked through the window and they had deckchairs in the living room.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2021, 08:38 AM   #3852  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,279 Likes on 1,362 Posts

Good morning! Running late today after a rough night. DH had to work at midnight so he slept in a little bit but he is at work behind me in the dining room now.

Gracie, congrats on your new camper trailer. I'm curious, is that the tent on wheels kind or is it a trailer? I'm guessing it isn't a 5th wheeler. When I was little, we went tent camping but, as I was a late child in my parents' lives, it wasn't too long before they went into the RV world. Their first trailer was a home made job that someone had done a great job creating. After that it was I'm not sure how many trailers before they transitioned to a 5th wheeler and then they entered the world of motorhomes. First with a Class C (if I remember correctly), finishing with a Class A and towing their car behind. They lived in that for 3-4 years traveling around the US. My oldest brother (who paid for their gas!) was their home base so their mail went to him and he would forward it to them from time to time. They had a lot of fun doing that. The tent trailer was one type of RV they never had....is that considered an RV? I would think so.

Sorry ladies, but I would say Wisconsinites have a definite Wisconsin sound. I want to say twang but that isn't the right word. But there are unique things to how you sound. I've grown up hearing it from the Wisconsin tribe of my family. And I would love to hear Sabrina!

Kandie, a stray piece of lettuce in the bra wouldn't be so bad but the feta and oil and vinegar dressing? No thank you!

Shirl, I hope you are doing well after your shot.

Gracie, I just read your description that you gave Jan. It sounds like it is trailer?

Jayne, funny you should ask about what the next home project is. We haven't finished painting yet but DH and I had date night last night because he has a meeting tonight, and we purchased the last light for the house so, once installed, that should complete lighting for the house. And DH said that we should decide what we are going to do next. I think we need to sit and make an Excel spreadsheet of all we want to do and then decide from there because we have a LOT of projects we want to do. Nothing like completely re-doing our former house to make us know what we want to do here!

Shelly, I hope your brother is doing well today.

Kandie, it is cooler here as well. DH even built a fire this morning for the first time in I don't know how long!

That must be the same problem with a lot things being manufactured - waiting on parts or things from other countries. I understand there is still a shortage of some appliances.

Yay, Kathy, how exciting that your furniture is supposed to come today! I hope you'll share photos!

I just looked at the time and I must run.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2021, 09:09 AM   #3853  
Proud Fan Club Member

Right before I got married and left home, my parents got what we called a pop up trailer. You cranked it up and pulled the ends out for the beds. I don't remember camping in it much. It was mostly tents when I went.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2021, 01:21 PM   #3854  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

Good afternoon. We (DH, DD, and myself) just got back from getting our 2nd shot. Praying that we have no side effects. DD was the only one from the 1st shot.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2021, 01:54 PM   #3855  
Proud Fan Club Member

Praying you do not have side effects, Melody!

My arm is just a tad sore. No big deal. Thanks Catherine.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2021, 02:50 PM   #3856  
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm sitting on my my new recliner! The delivery guys did not call, they just showed up. Pretty much on time nearest the earlier time they gave us. They were getting ready to leave and I asked if I was to give them my check. They looked like they had no clue but looked at their paperwork and sure enough, there was my total (minus the $500 I put down on it) They gave me a receipt and off they went. We only paid for delivery and DH, DS2 and brother in law brought it inside. I love the motion recliner! No more pushing a hard button.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2021, 04:27 PM   #3857  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,191 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Hi everyone, day got away from me!

Don't feel like I got anything done today!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2021, 04:35 PM   #3858  
Proud Fan Club Member

I did not get much done today either, Ann!

Kathy- reclining in style!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2021, 06:00 PM   #3859  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy enjoy your recliner. Don’t get stuck like Lynn lol. I love ours.

Melody and Shirl hope you are going ok after your jabs.

Shelly so glad that your brother is doing ok. What an ordeal for him and no op. Sorry that you’ve had such awful news the past day. Big hugs

we did it..we ordered a motor home (RV). A Winnebago brand one.. It’s so beautiful and has a sliding out table and perfect for crafting and lots of storage. I’m busy looking at crockery and boxes and stuff now to fill it up with. We won’t get it for at least 10 months which gives us time to plan and to get fit on our bikes. I’m like a kid in a lolly shop lol. We will do small trips first but the plan is to eventually just take off for a year around Oz. It’s busy out on our roads with vans and trailers as everyone is thinking the same thing. We are hoping international travel will have opened up by the time we do a big trip and it will be quieter but we have a big country so can get away from the crowds. The kids will use it too when we don’t need it. We figured it’s something we can share with them.

I’m out today for a girls lunch and then the footy game tonight. Busy day. No craft for me. DH said yesterday that I have to stop ordering craft items as I won’t be here to use them. I was trying to work out what I could pack in a container that would be light to take when camping lol.

I hope you all are well and have a wonderful day. Waving and sending hugs

PS...the MMJ challenge is up

get inky and have fun

Last edited by Ozpom; 04-15-2021 at 06:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2021, 08:10 PM   #3860  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hello

Hello all!!

Thanks Jayne- pretty bug scare with my brother #3, Shawn. He was prepped for a colonoscopy, told them the last time he aspirated, but they had him with an anesthesiologist.... they sedated him and within minutes he threw up bile and aspirated it.... it was very crazy- he was doped up and said it was like a dream.... he feels terrible, but his Oxygen sats are OK. He is sure he is going to get aspiration pneumonia- I am working on calming him down, but not sure it is working. Yes, he did NOT have the procedure, so still has that ahead of him. They may try it with just sedation like Xanax..... sound horrible to me!

Hubby is looking at what car he wants in relation to what RV we would get in a year or two.... first, he wanted to pull an RV, but now thinks he wants a Class A that you drive inside and tow a car. Not all cars can be towed- like Honda's- has to do with their transmission.....

Jayne- I packed a carry on with crafty items for Colorado, and there were plenty of items I missed having with me : ) I was able to plan ahead for VSN, so had the themes of images I needed, but could not do some of the challenges. But, I did make ALOT of cards.....!

Yeah for vaccinations! I am almost 2 weeks after #2. I am reading in the medical literature the clots after J&J are in the brain, unlike a clot elsewhere in the body, so that is why it is on hold..... clots anywhere are dangerous. My daughter says 29 people were killed in gun violence yesterday, so why don't we ban guns.....lol

Kathy, hope you love your new recliner!

Kandie- salad down the shirt....I think it would be hard to miss my mouth, but I do...hehe

Tomorrow AM, I am having a stress test and an echo. My B/P is up a tiny bit (pain) and I have some calcifications on my Ct of chest done last year, so just preventative hopefully : )

Shelly

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2021, 10:25 PM   #3861  
Stazon Splitcoast

Great news kathy with the recliner.

jayne how exciting, ten months is a long time!

shelly how awful for your brother and scary too.

we had rain none stop yesterday, today cloudy but it is all dry outside. We both had a bad night, my shoulder is still hurting, kept waking me up, then I had to take an indigestion tablet, we both feel as if we’ve had no sleep.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2021, 11:45 PM   #3862  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan it is a long time but unfortunately there's such a demand for them now with people not able to go overseas.

Shelly, we thought about towing a car but that's why we chose an RV so we don't have to tow. DH isn't keen towing. We have chatted with friends who have RVs and those with caravans and those with RVs say it's not a problem having no car unless you want to go off road and into places where 4WDs go...we don't. We will stick to the coast and some unsealed roads and inland across Oz. Lots to see. I will have to pick your brains about what craft items to pack but the intention is to create scrapbook kits so I can do a few travel trip albums and also just take images and my pens/pencils and Dylusions paints LOL. I have already starting stamping some images and fussy cutting them...weird stuff. I may not get many cards done as too much weight but time will tell.

I hope that your brother is able to have the check somehow and safely. Good luck with all of your tests and hope you are ok.

We are off to see our beloved team play so I will sign off now. Go Eagles LOL.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2021, 02:59 AM   #3863  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Received 1,411 Likes on 707 Posts

Morning! Happy Friday! The weeks sure do fly by!

DD1 has an interview this morning, then work and then an awards banquet online this evening. she bought several pieces of furniture for her apartment when she finds one later this summer. Wow!! Getting real! She scored on the garage sale finds through a teacher friend of a teacher friend lol. yay!

Take out Friday so I don’t need to cook dinner. Double Yay!

Old 04-16-2021, 05:06 AM   #3864  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,503 Likes on 719 Posts

Good morning and happy Friday!

Kathy, I also wear a bra full-time. I prefer the support to the alternative.

DH and I have a continuing bet on who can spill food on his/her shirt first because we eat our supper while watching tv and sometimes one of us gets engrossed in the tv show and misses our mouth or the food falls off the utensil. To be honest, it’s DH’s bad luck to win because his hand shakes so bad, but once in a while I get too much salad on my fork and lose half of it on the way to my mouth, lol. And then it always goes down the neck of my shirt!

YAY you have furniture!!! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Melody and Shirl, how are you each feeling today?

Jayne, a Winnebago! How fun! There was an old joke in my family years ago. I said I was waiting to meet my perfect husband. Because the city to the east is Elkhart, the RV capital, my stepmom always said I should move to Elkhart and look for my perfect Winnebago Man! My widowed grandmother always said if she ever married again it would be to what she called a “gentleman farmer”.

Shelly, your poor brother! I have never heard of that happening!

I finally have the kitchen decluttered, cupboards cleaned out, surfaces cleaned up, no rugs, cereals and crackers and stuff in clear canisters. I’m planning ahead should anyone want to see the house, their view will be clean and clear. I’m seem to be going from country antique clutter to minimalism. Lots of stuff going into the pile for a garage sale this summer! Tomorrow I want to go to the paint store to get ideas to brighten up the ugly gloom that is the kitchen in this 1960’s home. Nothing but brown and beige in there, DH was not into decor, everything in this house is outdated. I’m trying to drag DH kicking and screaming into the 21st century!

DH will try to finish adding on to the little deck in back. He said the 8 or 10 pieces of wood he bought cost more than the entire small deck cost 15 years ago.

Waving hello to everyone, have a wonderful day, stay safe.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2021, 07:42 AM   #3865  
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm glad to know I'm not the only woman on Earth to wear a bra full time! I even wear it to bed and when I go to retreats and overnight stuff, the ladies are surprised. We'll, my retreat friends know me by now, so not surprised anymore. It may come from my growing up. My sister and I shared a bed so maybe that's the reason I've always left it on. But I'm more comfortable this way. But I won't wear any with wires and I'm not keen on padding but the one I just got has some padding. I'm saving that one for when I have doctor visits. Not that they see them because I'm usually behind a curtain and hang them under my outer clothes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2021, 07:52 AM   #3866  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kandie, my upper arm is a little tender when I move certain ways, but otherwise no other symptoms. With shot #1, I had nothing.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2021, 07:52 AM   #3867  
Proud Fan Club Member

I was going to upload pictures of my furniture but I keep getting a message that I don't have permission to access the page.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2021, 08:04 AM   #3868  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 404 Likes on 305 Posts

Good morning, friends!

Sunday is my husband's birthday so we are getting ready to party here!

I have to look up what Z for Zany means ........ that one has me stumped!

Waving to all!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2021, 08:06 AM   #3869  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Congratulations on ordering a Winnebago, Jayne! Yay! I'm so excited to have our little camper trailer. We are going to go camping mid May before we return to Wisconsin.

Catherine, our trailer is a pull behind (22 feet long) with queen bed, kitchen area, bench seats and table, and a bathroom tub/shower. I wish I could add photo, but I don't know how to do that any more with the new format on SCS.

Melody and Shirl, I hope you're both doing well after your 2nd shots.

Kathy, I'm glad your new furniture arrived! Enjoy!

Kandie, you are such a busy beaver! I love that your trying to bring DH into the 21st century as far as decorating your home. What a challenge...I'm sure!

Ann, hope your doing well and summer comes soon to Wisconsin!

I'm so far behind on everything lately! Such is life, I guess!

I've got to get moving. I have a friend coming to stay for a week starting Saturday. I'd better get some cleaning and laundry done today!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2021, 08:12 AM   #3870  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Kelly! Have fun on you DH's birthday! Zany, to me means fun, wacky, goofy! (Kinda like me, LOL)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2021, 08:27 AM   #3871  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

I'm working on junk journal today in between other household stuff before painting this weekend.

Jayne, wow, congrats on ordering the RV!! Sounds like great fun.

Shelly, so scary for your bro! Send him hugs for me too!

Kelly, zany, could mean anything you thing is a bit out of the ordinary! Stamp like crazy on a bg!

Can't believe we are going into the last week of this round!

Reminder we will take a week off in between rounds!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2021, 08:31 AM   #3872  
Proud Fan Club Member

I had to click on view full site to get the upload box.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-img_20210416_114408610.jpg   Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-img_20210416_114337775.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2021, 08:33 AM   #3873  
Proud Fan Club Member

I bought some expensive hand towels to cover the backs because hair tends to leave oily marks if you don't. The pillows are temporary until I can find some better ones. I live the electric motion reclining.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2021, 08:35 AM   #3874  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Wow! So nice, Kathy!! Way to go! I love your picture on the wall!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2021, 08:36 AM   #3875  
Proud Fan Club Member

I bought some expensive hand towels to cover the backs because hair tends to leave oily marks if you don't. The pillows are temporary until I can find some better ones. I love the electric motion reclining. I can't get a true color picture so I'll post the picture I took in the furniture store.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-28972.jpg   Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-28974.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2021, 08:55 AM   #3876  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hey, ladies. Remember the ugly paper challenge? Here's a great blog post by Julie Balzer on how to use it and why.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2021, 09:33 AM   #3877  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,279 Likes on 1,362 Posts

Good morning! It's Friday...that means work at home day for me. I'm on my second load of laundry. Next is menu planning for next week and making the grocery list for DD1 to purchase when she is off work. DH is actually working in his office today - wow! First time in over a year.

Yay for new furniture, Kathy! Your new furniture looks like it is a just a bit lighter in color than our new sectional. So glad it arrived and all was well too!

Jayne, congrats on ordering your Winnebago! Exciting times for you. And how awesome for your kids that you are planning on sharing.

Shelly, my parents had a tow dolly for towing their car behind their motorhome. I don't know if that was because of possible transmission issues or what and can't ask now. I'm sure they researched it thoroughly.

Your daughter's comment about outlawing guns makes me think of Chicago which has essentially done that yet has a lot of gun violence regularly. It doesn't seem to be working for them.

I hope your medical tests today went well.

Wow, exciting times at your house, Rebekah.

And wow to you, Kandie! You have been going to town on decluttering. Could you come and help me do that too? I am impressed. Good luck on bringing your DH into the 21st century.

Glad you are doing well post second shot, Melody.

Sounds like fun, Gracie. I could camp in a trailer but certainly no tents. DH, on the other hand, was a backpacker.

Kelly, happy birthday to your DH!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2021, 10:16 AM   #3878  
Proud Fan Club Member

As for outlawing guns, if you do that, only the criminals will have them! They get there's illegally most times anyway. So those of us who have them legally will be defenseless. Not that I ever plan to use mine. But whenever there's gun violence people think the answer is to take them away and there has to be another solution.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2021, 10:48 AM   #3879  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,755 Likes on 1,591 Posts

My mom always wore a bra with an insert after her mastectomy, no reconstruction. She was often losing her hearing aids when she'd take a nap and sure enough, they'd be in her bra. My poor brother who lived with her had to get over his squeamishness about searching her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2021, 11:41 AM   #3880  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, your furniture looks really comfy.
Reply With Quote Likes