Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-16-2021, 10:16 AM   #3881  
Proud Fan Club Member

As for outlawing guns, if you do that, only the criminals will have them! They get there's illegally most times anyway. So those of us who have them legally will be defenseless. Not that I ever plan to use mine. But whenever there's gun violence people think the answer is to take them away and there has to be another solution.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-16-2021, 10:48 AM   #3882  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

My mom always wore a bra with an insert after her mastectomy, no reconstruction. She was often losing her hearing aids when she'd take a nap and sure enough, they'd be in her bra. My poor brother who lived with her had to get over his squeamishness about searching her.
Old 04-16-2021, 11:41 AM   #3883  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, your furniture looks really comfy.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Old 04-16-2021, 11:47 AM   #3884  
Proud Fan Club Member

It is , Melody. And I just realized I can recline partially and still rock!
Old 04-16-2021, 01:29 PM   #3885  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, I wear my bra to bed as well. I have day bras and night bras, lol. The day bras have support. The night bras are like workout bras or yoga bras. So comfy!

LOVE your furniture!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2021, 02:09 PM   #3886  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3View Post
Wow! So nice, Kathy!! Way to go! I love your picture on the wall!
Thats a throw cover. I put it on the wall when DH took my shelves down that I had stamp sets on. When DS2 moved out last time, I moved those shelves into his room. When he moved back, I decided he will just have to live with my stamps in his room. When we fix the wall, I will take down the throw cover. I bought a large white cabinet to store supplies in so I can have some of my stamps back in the living room.
Old 04-16-2021, 03:00 PM   #3887  
Proud Fan Club Member

Jayne, congrats on the new wheels!

Kathy, your furniture does look comfy as Melody said. You could sleep in that chair if you had to.

Thanks Melody for the ugly paper blog. No mojo here at present.

My arm is over being sore, so that is pretty good!

Did a walk today, took the car to the wash, sushi for lunch and just back from grocery shop. It is very warm outside. Now, the forecast is changed and no rain till Thursday! The good news is I can still fit into my shorts! Was worried about that.

Shelly, your poor brother!

Shirl

Old 04-16-2021, 08:42 PM   #3888  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Melody the lady’s ugly papers look like my stash lol...thanks for the videos and you know I never think about colour. I just go for it...sometimes it works other times it’s like a dogs brekkie lol. I love die cutting mine.

Hope everyone is well and particularly those of you who have had your shots.

Ann, I can do zany lol.

Happy birthday to your DH Kelly. Hope he has a nice birthday weekend. Our DIL2 has her birthday this week. We just met her and son2 for brunch as we won’t see them on her actual day. I gave her my interactive card and she loved it.

Guns...mmm...I know some of you are pro guns and I don’t wish to offend. We had them, we had a terrible shooting and our Government banned them. I’m only interested in my country not having them. I’ve never grown up with them in the UK or here so I don’t know different. I just don’t see the need for them other than law officers and our defence force here. It caused a lot of controversy here but everyone got over it and farmers still have special licences for them. Too many unnecessary deaths and so sad. Baddies will always find ways to get them and use them for the wrong purposes here. Our concern is knives if we have breakins. it’s a tough one and we will all have different opinions. I respect that. I’m just so sad to hear there’s been another shooting your way. Enough said...

Kathy your furniture looks very comfy. Enjoy it.

Kandie....bra’s....I can’t sleep in one...I like freedom but I go often without one around the house. DH complains when I wear my jimjams lol. I think I’d better stop here lol.

Gracie enjoy your visitors. Glad you are able to have visits now. Fun.

happy weekend everyone. Enjoy

Last edited by Ozpom; 04-17-2021 at 02:46 AM..
Old 04-16-2021, 10:54 PM   #3889  
Forum Fanatic

Kathy your new furniture looks so comfy, like the colour too. Our son has a rocking recliner, that’s the one steve was trying to get out of and it rocked and he slid to the floor, much to mine and sons amusement, he wasn’t too happy that we laughed, it’s leather so it’s slippery so I don’t think it will happen to you.

Kandie you really are a busy bee, I enjoy a good declutter sometimes although I very often put most of it back, much to Steve’s disgust, he would just throw stuff without even looking at it, he’s the same with clothes, if he hasn’t worn it for a while it’s gone, me I keep clothes in case I slim into them,ha,ha

Old 04-17-2021, 05:07 AM   #3890  
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, happy Saturday. DH is munching on his toast and grumbling because snow is on the forecast for Tuesday. He wants to get that deck work done. I also want him to get the deck repairs done, because I have a honey-do list a mile long waiting for him, lol.

Jan, I would have laughed too seeing your DH slide off that recliner!

Today is a shredding day at a local grocery store. DH is taking a huge trash bag of papers needing to be shredded to the site, for a $10 donation, I believe. Then we are going to the Sherwin-Williams paint store so I can buy paint for the kitchen. I’m foaming at the mouth wanting to get the kitchen brightened up. The back porch area, which is where I keep my wicker chairs and stuff, is enclosed, it’s right behind the kitchen, so no light gets to the kitchen at all. And it’s all brown and beige, YUCK.

What’s everyone up to today?
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-54a18c5e-9061-4893-807d-6da457689ab7.jpg  

Old 04-17-2021, 05:14 AM   #3891  
Forum Fanatic

Kandie I love the sentiment, good for you getting things brighten up,
we are going to start inside but we only do it white, we’ve got the paint but we are waiting for our neighbour to come round to paint a tiny part outside, he needs to stand on the conservatory’s roof so I’m not doing it and steve is too heavy! When he’s finished with the paint we will start, we are using outside paint as it has a plastic coating, wipeable .
Old 04-17-2021, 06:07 AM   #3892  
luvstochatchatCHAT

Morning!

Ha, bras! I’m well endowed and will not face anyone without a bra on. I don’t wear it to bed or around the house once I get my pjs on, but if we have company or if I’m taking the dog out, I have it on!!!

Missed out on the last book club conversation this morning b/c of the time zone that I messed up on. Argh!!!

DH and the littles are off to town and I have a quiet morning ahead. The peace and quiet feels so good and the coffee tastes divine!
Old 04-17-2021, 07:06 AM   #3893  
Stazon Splitcoast

Aloha everyone ....well I typed a a good post and it went poof before I was done so Ima just post the basic since my eyes are about to go poofy on me as well ....
congrats to all on your new rides and up coming adventures sounds like a lot of fun is about to Happen! Wow!!

woot woot sis Kathy My famous word is all I got for you ....Gorgeousness !!

everyone as far as scares and health I'm right with you all and have everyone in my prayers always ! I miss you all and wish I could be here more....

omg on guns !! Not just guns but young kids with them as well as hoodlums ...
then they turn and blame the officers that are really trying to do thier duty but funny with a world full of lawyers they always make innocent officers look bad ! Not to say there aren't bad officers but when you have 14 year olds shooting st you ramming your car while driving up the wrong way of a street endangering the innocent community after you just held 2 elderly people with that gun at theirs heads to rob them ....how can the family come on screaming they want justice for their brother cause he was shut dead? No one wants to see kids shut or die so the question remains did this family expect thier brother to get a metal for assaulting officers? Man we have lots more of this lately and it cause a broken justice system who don't give these and many hoodlum and crimainal a free pass get out of jail due to covid!! Sad but they and many are blaming officers for defending themselfs and the people they took a oath to serve and protect ! Wanna know what else this punk had to say as a excuse ? That it's thier way of life to go out and do these acts! I say send them all back where they came from and let them live thier way of life On and In thier own land!! The government put them her and the should take care of them if they feel they owe these people ....cause the state of Hawaii do t owe them anything but yet we are left to support and endure these micronisians who has risen our crime rate of guns and violence to a new level !! Not just them but many from other country's ....latest was one from Africa. ... smh sorry for the venting but I just don't understand how people think commuting such crime gives them rights
Old 04-17-2021, 07:07 AM   #3894  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy Saturday. No other symptoms from the shot - still a little tender, but less than it was.

We had frost on the ground this morning, But warming up to 50 something. DH mowed yesterday - don't want any more snow. Kandie, do you hear me?????
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Old 04-17-2021, 07:10 AM   #3895  
Stazon Splitcoast

Opps I forgot the message to Sis Catherine to Text me or email me of update on my niece Caity's graduation date and colors ....and any details please

oh and did I hear right? Sis Ann was or has slacked for once ? Wow!! Hahahaha well sis welcome to my world !!
Old 04-17-2021, 07:17 AM   #3896  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hey, Victoria! So good to see you popping in.

Old 04-17-2021, 07:41 AM   #3897  
Forum Fanatic

Hi sis Vicki, great to see you, I fully agree with you, they come to our countries but hate everyone, kill and then when they try to send them back to their own countries the lawyers say it’s against their human rights, what about our rights , the people that pay the taxes, makes me mad , as for guns steve was a serving officer for 22 years with just his truncheon, he hates guns and would not wish for British police to be armed, he was once attacked my a man with a machete, crazed on drugs, he broke steve handcuffs and it took two police and two nurses to hold him down in the hospital.
I was always scared for him but he served time in the British army and knew how to handle himself thankfully.

not sure if any of you saw Prince Philips funeral, if you saw the guns being fired, that was Steve’s old army regiment, The 1st Regiment Royal Horse Artillery, the gun battery are ceremonial, steve never rode a horse in his life, ha,ha, makes a shiver down my spine seeing them on parade, steve was on the Queens Diamond Jubilee Parade, a proud moment seeing him on parade saluting the Queen , Happy memories.
Old 04-17-2021, 07:42 AM   #3898  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning all! A quick pop on before picking up my girlfriend (since 7th grade) at the airport!

Beautiful furniture Kathy!

Hi Sis Vicki!

Hugs to all...have to run!
Old 04-17-2021, 02:53 PM   #3899  
Stazon Splitcoast

Aloha and 💋💋💋💋🙊🤗🤗🤗🤗💕💕💕 Sistahs !
wow sis Jan! Awesome and mahalo for his services !! What a magnificent memories!!
yeps!! The human race forget that officers are humans too and they deserve the right to defend their lives even as officers! And more so!! They have wives and kids sitting home hoping praying they come home safe as they left. The law really protect the criminals seriously and more so these lawyers who don't have a care for the true victim ....these people that are crying wolf forget these officers were called out because those that were shot and killed decided they are above the law and have no respect for it and others....how are these lawyers and family members crying they didn't identify themselves? Are they blind? Does the uniform not speak out loud and identify who these officers are? They also forgot the dude just home invaded the neighbors home who called the officers out to report him and in the video clearly you can hear them telling him to get down they didn't just fire thier guns ...they tazed him first and that didn't work only after he beat 2 officers up did they fire which his assault on 2 officers sent them to the hospital and one still that with heavy facial injuries.....so how they gonna say that the right of this person to do to officers? I swear what is this world coming too. They really need to lose all right once they decide to commit crimes!!A women tried have my SIL killed twice and still walking free only on probation .where is the Justice in that? And she will try again cause she had no serious consequences . This has been going on for 2 years!! And still going .
The public will never learn to respect the law when law breakers keep getting defended for thier wrong doing and it also leaves bad messages for the good ones of thier ethnic or country ....but there should be a law that committing a crime is punishable by sending them back to thier islands or country they come from to serve thier time or live if thier government turns the other way to these cold blooded people. And they wonder why crime is out of control
Old 04-18-2021, 05:47 AM   #3900  
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning and happy Sunday. I had to ask DH what day it was. Nice today and tomorrow, and then the weather goes yuck (snow!). Maybe I’ll send it northwest a bit to WISCONSIN!!! HA!

Hello, Victoria!

Thought for today!

Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-4c626db8-e049-4e89-a8c4-56f8181ddd32.jpeg  

Old 04-18-2021, 09:05 AM   #3901  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I love your thought for the day, Kandie....very good advice, wish more would take it.
I did watch the funeral, did not realize it was on our TV live. They sure know how to do a funeral or anything with ritual. Beyond beautiful music, which is to be expected. I especially appreciated the station I watched did not have to talk over everything happening. The Queen looked so little and lonely. I don't remember ever hearing that scripture from Ecclesiasticus. So beautiful and poignant.
I'm walking a little every day, so had a stroll, just went to the store for a few items so i can make zuppa Tuscana.
I better get an idea for 'yummy', I don't often feature food in a card, although I guess other things could be 'yummy'.
Old 04-18-2021, 09:07 AM   #3902  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Forgot to mention that we will get a little snow in SE WI on Tuesday. In 2018, we had quite a bit in late April and we have been known to get a little the first week in May. My sister put her pier in at their home in Rhinelander yesterday, it was chilly willy.
Old 04-18-2021, 10:59 AM   #3903  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Afternoon everyone!! Yes snow is coming on Tuesday and Wednesday this week! Yuck and the cold!

Been busy with making junk journals. These are for writing the weekly challenges in! I have enough for two years now!!

Have to catch up on everything, now that I have these done, after uploading them.

Have a great Sunday everyone!
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-all-four-april-2021-spring-junk-journals.jpg  
Old 04-18-2021, 11:14 AM   #3904  
Proud Fan Club Member

Awesome Journals, Ann!

Victoria! Hello and thanks for your recent comment.

We will be getting another day of hitting 25 C, so again we got out early as we did yesterday.

We taped Prince Phillip's funeral but have not watched it yet, although we have seen bits on the news.

Kandie, thanks for the comedic quotes.

Well, we started watching the first episode of House last night. For those of you who remember it, I am now NOT wanting to eat pork or ham, lol. Eeww!

Today's featured stamper has an impressive gallery!

Going to go make some scrambled eggs!

Hugs to all,
Shirl
Old 04-18-2021, 11:21 AM   #3905  
Proud Fan Club Member

Your journals are great, Ann!

As for House, I don't remember specific episodes. I just remember my thoughts as I watched some of them. I liked it at first. Kind of how I liked Elementary at first. I love a good mystery. I'm not sure why some showsfeel the need to mess with a good thing. I'm no longer watching New Amsterdam. They went from fun to political correctness in one season! The Good Doctor started in that direction so it may soon be on my goodbye list.
Old 04-18-2021, 11:23 AM   #3906  
Proud Fan Club Member

Also 911 Lonestar left my line up. I'm still watching 911 but it's on my endangered list!
Old 04-18-2021, 04:21 PM   #3907  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hello,
Happy Sunday. Slept in today until 10:00 : ) We went to dinner at friends last night and were chatting away and freezing our tush's off too...lol Next thing we knew it was after midnight!

It took me a while to get warmed up.... yep- may have snow in the forecast this week- hope not! Come on sunshine!

Catherine- you are so right about gun laws in Chicago very strict, but still issues. And, if a cop pulls you over, do when they ask you to do.... rant over

Oh, my DD2 loved watching House- as a nurse, it was really hard to watch- he solved unusual and hard cases, but his mouth and his attitude! LOL

Shirl- sounds beautiful there! Nice that you are getting out and enjoying it too!

Ann- hope you get lots done on your junk journals : )

Gracie- hope you enjoy your company.

Jan- lol at your hubby sliding out of a chair.

Victoria- hello! If you try to hold down ctrl and Z at the same time, it will undo and bring back your post.

Waving hello to all!
Shelly
Old 04-18-2021, 04:29 PM   #3908  
Proud Fan Club Member

Just tried your tip Shelly. Thanks!

Shirl

Old 04-18-2021, 05:00 PM   #3909  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy birthday to you happy birthday to you happy birthday dear Shellyyyyyy, happy birthday to you. Hip hip horray enjoy your special day. Hope you had a fantastic day.

Ann, your journals are gorgeous.

Jan I watched the funeral...was perfect for him. I loved the music and the psalm. I felt so sad for the Queen..she looked so dignified but lonely.

Jerusalem was my school hymn. Every time I hear it I cry and sing it...much to DH’s annoyance as my singing sounds like a cat out on a Saturday night LOL

Hi Vicki and everyone. You sound back to normal Vicki..that’s good.

Last edited by Ozpom; 04-18-2021 at 06:58 PM..
Old 04-18-2021, 05:02 PM   #3910  
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes, Happy Birthday Shelly! Glad you got to sleep in on your birthday!

Shirl
Old 04-18-2021, 05:38 PM   #3911  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy birthday Shelly.

Ann, your journals are lovely. And a great way to keep track of challenges.

Old 04-18-2021, 05:52 PM   #3912  
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh no! Did I forget to send Shelly's card? Ahhhhh! I hate being late!
Old 04-18-2021, 06:06 PM   #3913  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Me too Kathy. I remembered on Saturday and then forgot yesterday and now it’s passed here but phew I just got in before your 18th finished. How’s your dad going?

Ladies, air fryer, dream pot, Insta pot, pressure cooker...or any other I've missed. I have a crockpot/slow cooker but want something that is quicker. I read there’s also what we call billy pots or thermal cookers. Ann, I seem to recall that you may have bought an Insta pot recently and love it? I want something that can cook pretty much everything in it lol...and quickly.

Back to my chores I go.yuk...but before I do, this is one of my favourites.

Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-59b6a2d5-e3fb-4703-a1ed-ea9a1038f7b9.jpeg  

Last edited by Ozpom; 04-18-2021 at 06:23 PM..
Old 04-18-2021, 06:16 PM   #3914  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Jayne, I have an instant pot. I haven't used it a lot, but I like it. I've used it as a pressure cooker, which is wonderful, since you literally set it and can walk away, whereas, a regular pressure cooker, you have to keep an eye on. I've also used it as a rice cooker -- love that. I have not yet used it as a slow cooker, since I have one of those and have no problem with it. There are a lot of other things you can do with an IP, but I haven't explored. If you want fast -- the pressure cooker option is the way to go -- think about an hour or so for a roast. Just a few minutes under pressure for vegetables...

Old 04-18-2021, 06:22 PM   #3915  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Melody. I’m still deciding which one to get. I like the idea of prepping and then leaving it. How long does it take on average to cook say a casserole?

I miss the like button.
Old 04-18-2021, 07:03 PM   #3916  
Proud Fan Club Member

Mom and my sister have been going in 3 days a week to see dad. He has an x-ray scheduled for the 28th and if his neck bone fracture is healed enough to get rid of the big neck collar the plan is to bring him home. Thanks for asking.
Old 04-18-2021, 07:16 PM   #3917  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I've not used it for a casserole. The cookbook/instructions that come with it are pretty lousy, so the best advice I can give you is check online for recipes and times. Just look up a specific recipe for instant pot (IP). My mom had a pressure cooker, so all three of us girls have used them. I know some people are afraid to use them. However, the IP takes that fear away, because it is all automatic. You can saute, cook eggs, desserts, just about anything. For some things, you need extra parts for the IP, such as a special size springform pan for cheesecake, or a steamer basket... The IP also comes in different sizes. I know that if I did more cooking, I would use mine a lot more.

Old 04-18-2021, 09:20 PM   #3918  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hope all goes well Kathy on the 28th and so your dad can come home.

Thanks again Melody. I’ll check it out.
Old 04-18-2021, 10:43 PM   #3919  
Forum Fanatic

Happy Birthday Shelly, hope you had a lovely day,

My mum loved her pressure cooker, I hated it, all that steam coming out of the gadget on the top, I like the slow cooker, not that I actually use it as I don’t do the cooking!!

I used to have some pans that you could bake cakes, cook pastry and use as a normal pan, they were great for the caravan as once they came up to heat you had to turn the heat down to the lowest, I only have one left as all the lids got smashed over the years I still use one for makes sauces !
Old 04-19-2021, 02:57 AM   #3920  
Forum Fanatic

A funny from our youngest GS, when we were chatting yesterday his Mum said she was going for a cheese and wine party for her sisters birthday, just the girls, our GS said he didn't want to go as girls only talk about princesses and unicorns, LOL, he’s five next week,