Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-21-2021, 03:03 PM   #3961  
Proud Fan Club Member

I reread my post about dad. It was supposed to say If his X-ray is clear, not that it is. Sorry for the mistake.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-21-2021, 07:49 PM   #3962  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy Wednesday. We had some snow flurries today, even some on the ground, but it all melted.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-img_3812.jpg  
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Old 04-21-2021, 09:06 PM   #3963  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Goodness, Melody, keep that out there, OK?

Shelly, DD2 would LOVE to play games but DD1 isn't so fond of them. We do play them sometimes but it usually involves talking DD1 into it.

Kathy, I was all ready to congratulate you about your dad...praying that is how it turns out.

I didn't get much sleep last night due to staying up too late so I stopped by DD1's store on my way in (she had the day off). I don't usually go through drive thru but today I did. I pulled up to the box and a male voice welcomed me to Starbucks and asked what I wanted. I gave him my order and he said, "Hi Mom! (knows me by order) I told your daughter that I would see you today because you miss me!" Too funny, I had no idea I was going there today. When I got my cup of coffee, he had drawn a heart on the lid. This is Jeffrey, the co-worker of DD1 that I asked you to pray for. It was a fun visit.
Old 04-21-2021, 09:07 PM   #3964  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Jan, I forgot to say that Dirty Dancing is another favorite movie of ours!
Old 04-22-2021, 04:09 AM   #3965  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Now this looks comfortable. 🥰
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-f6257c40-c8e5-40f2-8548-cfa39e6ab882.jpg  

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2021, 04:18 AM   #3966  
Forum Fanatic

Shelly pleased to hear you passed your stress test, steve hated the tests at the cardiologist, one year the holter and the next year the dreaded treadmill. He told them it was his dodgy knees that would give up not his heart,ha,ha luckily they discharged him so more.
now I’ve had a letter for my colon test, always fun taking poop to the doctors, always makes me laugh that everyone has the containers wrapped in foil!
our May calendar is getting full.
Old 04-22-2021, 04:20 AM   #3967  
Forum Fanatic

Kandie, comfy and snuggly
Old 04-22-2021, 06:30 AM   #3968  
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm in the waiting area in the funny top waiting to get squished!
Old 04-22-2021, 07:39 AM   #3969  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

I have to schedule my squish test too! Been putting it off with Covid!

Kathy, praying your dad gets to come home soon.

Catherine, so nice that you have such a great relationship with your daughters and their friends/coworkers!

Jan, that was so silly to have to make an appointment and then wait and wait. Our lines here when I went were so quick and so streamlined. I was amazed at how many people they had leading people in and out, all smiling and so friendly! Wow, I would have liked to been in on the training for it, must have told them, KEEP SMILING and BE PLEASANT!!

Lunch with one of my sons today, he is bringing it in, so have to run!

Have a great day everyone! It is going to be a throw up day here! Athena is trying to eat grass and looking strange!
Old 04-22-2021, 08:27 AM   #3970  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I stayed up too late again last night. I need to stop doing that!

Yesterday I got to go out to lunch at a new to me Thai place. It was so tasty! And last night, DH and I made creamy vegan pasta for dinner. Next time I think I'll add some broccoli to it.

I tried to take Wesley out to meet Judy, our neighborhood jogger, but Wesley started to freak out so back in the house she went! Judy jogs every morning up and down the hills of our neighborhood. Thankfully she also has a treadmill because last summer it was too smoky to jog outside.

Kandie, Dusty looks so cozy! I don't think Honey would want to be under that many blankets here, too warm for her. In fact, she is currently on top of blankets on the couch. Sunday, however, our forecast high is only 45 degrees, then she'll be happy to be under the blanket.

Jan, I have never had a stress test but I don't like treadmills at all! I've been telling my family that if I ever need knee replacement, it will be my right knee as it makes noise when I bend my leg. My left knee is silent and perfect. My right knee doesn't hurt, I just don't like to hear it. I try to always start up stairs with my left leg for that reason.

Kathy, I hope your squish test is long over by now.

Ann, your sons are so sweet. Enjoy your lunch (you might have already had it by now) and hopefully the throw up doesn't happen!
Old 04-22-2021, 08:51 AM   #3971  
Proud Fan Club Member

My other sister just called. Her and moms visit with dad has been cancelled and no visits for the next 14 days so we are afraid that someone tested positive. We are hoping dad will be able to still get his X-ray on the 28th, but not so sure now. My sister calls me to relay info to my mom because she's afraid mom won't hear her on the phone. But Mom here is just fine on the phone and ask me to text my sister and tell her to call her.

I'm sore from being squished. Usually that appt is in and out quickly and my gyn appt is usually slow but today it was the opposite. One of the machines was down at the breast center and I was in and out in record time with my gyn doctor. My bladder is fine and she recommends kegel exercises however I'm the rare bird that can't do those. My muscles just don't do what I tell them. I got to wear my new bra! LOL. No one sees it anyway. They got new robes that make you feel like you are at the spa!
Old 04-22-2021, 10:55 AM   #3972  
Proud Fan Club Member

It seems that an employee tested positive but dad is safe. Tomorrow they will take him to the hospital to get his first shot. And he can still go for his X-ray on Tuesday.
Old 04-22-2021, 09:04 PM   #3973  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Kathy,
Will keep your dad and family in prayers still. So glad they are testing regularly to catch positive cases and remove the potential to spread Covid!

I love the pup stories and pictures- Kandie- looks like Dusty is keeping cozy! And, Wesley- awwww

I had PT today, then grocery store stop, then made dinner for the family of my friend that just passed away and made it double and made the same for us. We have a local meat market that gets fresh chicken every day, and it just melts in your mouth!

Tomorrow, I have my follow up with Pulmonologist, and I am hoping they will lengthen the time between visits....... then I hope to get to create. My workshop starts at 6PM, and I will not have to cook tomorrow : )

Shelly
Old 04-22-2021, 10:00 PM   #3974  
Forum Fanatic

St George’s Day today, we usually swim for the first time but it’s cloudy at the moment and the water still isn’t warm enough, we are going out for lunch but not sure where as most places on the Paseo have no indoor seating.

shelly hope your doctors visit goes well today I’m Guessing it will be!

kathy last time I went they had awful gowns, I hate it as they leave you stood in the cubicle in the gown and I always wonder if I’ve not understood and should have gone somewhere else.
they speak so fast I had a job to understand what they are saying.
kathy that’s awful no visits for two weeks, thankfully your dad is still getting his vaccine and X-ray

we keep having a couple of new cases a day, sad as we had none for a few weeks, I said to steve after standing in line for two hours if one person had it we will all have caught it as everyone was too close for comfort, all had masks on though thankfully.
Old 04-23-2021, 12:56 AM   #3975  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy hope your dad manages to get home and glad he’s able to still get his shot and X-ray.

Shelly hope all your tests go well. It seems at our age, although you are younger than me, we always seem to have lots of tests. I’m hoping I've finished now for a while.

Jan, I didn’t know it was St George’s day......happy St George’s day. When I lived in the UK I knew all the events. I’ve had a couple of stress tests one on a bike and the other on the treadmill....I was exhausted afterwards lol.

well we are back in lockdown for 3 days from midnight tonight and have to wear masks when exercising again. Gosh. When will it ever end. It seems a family who came in from India were in hotel quarantine and a woman and her daughter and a man in separate rooms have contracted the virus. They still don’t know how it’s gone from room to room in the hotel. The man tested negative just before he finished his quarantine and has been a tourist here and returned to Melbourne only to be tested positive so now we have to go into lockdown as he’s been visiting lots of sites in our city.

We heard whilst we were at a golf lesson and I was supposed to be having the poppets tomorrow and we were out for dinner two nights so I’d planned to do my food shopping on Monday. We had to stop at the supermarket to get food and basic provisions..it was manic. We managed to get what we need and have enough food for 5 days now lol. Everyone was very civilised but long queues.

It’s a long weekend here too for Anzac Day so a lot of events cancelled and the football tomorrow. It could be worse. I just think they need to tighten up hotel quarantine as something has gone wrong. People seem to be going to and from India and not sure why when we can’t go to the uk or anywhere. I’m grateful for my little home bubble and will just chill as always. It doesn’t seem to affect us much except we can’t see anyone or go to golf but can exercise for an hour.

My sister was telling me how organised the vaccine centres are in the UK. Yiu can only go at your allotted time and are in and out within 10 mins. Her neighbour who had Covid now has her hair falling out. She’s been told it can happen 3-6 months after contracting the virus..eek. Our PM announced that 50s and over will be called for their vaccine shots from 3 May..yay.

I have a lamb casserole cooking in my slow cooker..it smells delicious. I think it’s time for a cheeky g&t first. Hugs everyone

Last edited by Ozpom; 04-23-2021 at 01:19 AM..
Old 04-23-2021, 07:45 AM   #3976  
luvstochatchatCHAT

Morning! Absolutely dragging this morning and so are the kids. Given lots of grace and now we are moving forward.

I couldn’t get to sleep for a long time last evening due to an achey knee that made the rest of my leg restless feeling. Finally got up and put some of the growth spurt cream on my knee that I had made for Phebe! Also used her sleepy time oils and finally went back to bed around 1:30 am

I just want to sit and chat and stamp but....
Old 04-23-2021, 08:05 AM   #3977  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Jayne, that is horrible that people are bringing in the virus to your country. India is in bad shape with so many cases - I read it on the news this morning.

Rebekah, I hate nights like that when aches keep you awake. Hope you can rest today!

Jan, were you able to get your shot? Or just spouse?

Hello to everyone!! Have a great day!

Iris is snoring next to me and Athena is sick to her stomach still, not eating, trying to eat grass, and yesterday threw her food all over the place. Our poor babies are getting old and feeling their age I think.
Old 04-23-2021, 09:54 AM   #3978  
Proud Fan Club Member

DH just went for Chinese food for me. He's a good man. Yesterday he went for a haircut. I hardly recognized him when he came home. I said what did you do and he said he told the guy to cut it short. But he didn't think he'd cut it that short. But his attitude is the same as mine. It's only hair and it'll grow back.

I have the space heater on. It's 57 degrees outside and 68 inside but I am chilled. I put on my robe also.

I made a Walmart run this morning. Mom had a big list and I had a small list that turned into a big one! I have enough coffee for 5 months! That's one thing I don't want to run out of and I worry about the price going up. I bought a $10 bag of peanut butter cups because I ate a lot of DS2's and when he went for one last night they were gone! I felt bad and tried to blame his dad but he knew better,! LOL

the home called this morning and said Dad choked a little bit while eating but they don't think he aspirated anything. They may try to get an x-ray when they take him today for that covid shot. His neck brace is also rubbing and causing a sore. I know my sister will check him over good. She is so good at that.

The yellow finches are emptying my bird feeder as fast as I fill it. I didn't feel that yesterday because it was windy and it was just blowing and the bird seed was falling on the ground anyway. I filled it first thing this morning. When I went out on my back deck there was a jug of orange juice and a pack of tomatoes on the railing. My sister is having trouble eating yet although she is feeling better, but she brought those over for me to use up. I slept in so if she knocked I didnt hear her.
Old 04-23-2021, 09:58 AM   #3979  
Proud Fan Club Member

I have two sisters. I am the oldest then my brother is a year younger than me and then my sister who's a school nurse is 3 years younger than me. She's the one who is really good with Dad. And then my youngest sister is 12 years younger than me. She is the one that lives next door. And we both live in front of mom and dad. She works at Geisinger Medical Center.
Old 04-23-2021, 11:39 AM   #3980  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! I got right to work this morning so didn't get a chance to check in until afternoon. We had a big night last night. It was our weekly date night and we ate for free at a beer place. (I'm sure they wondered why we were there since we don't drink.) We were there because we had a $50 gift card for that place because we listened to a solar company's pitch to do solar for us (we didn't go with them). So dinner was free and DD1 is having lunch there today, that should use up the gift card amount. However, after that, we went and bought a Ninja foodie something or other and are getting rid of our microwave. It is a convection oven/air fryer/toaster oven/dehydrator thing and it is the kind that flips up out of the way when you aren't using it. While at Sam's Club getting that, DH had us a get a memory foam pillow topper for our bed. I haven't liked our mattress since we said goodby to our wonderful waterbed and my shoulders would hurt every morning when I got up because I sleep on my side. They didn't hurt this morning! Yay! I'm not sure he slept as well but I slept better and didn't have sore shoulders. We'll see if he adapts and sleeps well. I hope so! We've talked about getting one for years but hadn't done so (I was concerned he wouldn't like it and then we slept on a memory foam mattress and hated it.). Now I have a new appliance to learn how to use. DD2 isn't so excited to not have a microwave but I keep reading things about them not being the healthiest for us so I'm happy to try this new appliance.

Kathy, I'm sorry your dad can't have any visitors for 14 days. Will he be OK with that? Glad he can still get his x-ray done.

Shelly, what is your workshop that you are doing?

Jan, I don't know what St. George's day is.

Jayne, your experience getting groceries with the really long lines reminds me of our experience in Southern California. We usually did our weekly grocery run on Thursday evening after work. Well, the Rodney King verdict came in that Thursday. We didn't think anything about it affecting our grocery run but, with the rioting that happened, it triggered lots of people to dash to the grocery store and stock pile supplies. We weren't able to get most of the things on our list because the shelves were practically bare. We were so surprised. And then the line to check out went all the way from the front of the store to the back! Fortunately, friends of ours were also there so we just visited the whole time making the long wait seem shorter.

Anzac Day! I make a cookie that we have always called coconut-oatmeal cookies. When my friend saw them at church, she tracked down who made them and asked me how I came across Anzac cookies? I gave her a blank look. My cookie recipe was close enough to actual Anzac cookies that she loved them. Hmmm, I should make some and take them to her and her DH.

I hate nights like that, Rebekah. May your coffee be strong today (or your black tea).

Sorry that Athena is still not feeling well.

Kathy, that is the nice thing about hair. It will grow back! I am blessed that DD1 works at Starbucks so she brings coffee home in bags all ground for the French press for me. The unfiltered coffee was starting to affect my BP so I have added a coffee filter to my French press and that fixed that issue.

Kathy, my full siblings and I are all spread out. I have two older full brothers (I used to have a half brother but he passed away, and I still have a half sister. Sometimes when people asked me how many brothers I had, I'd answer, "Two and a half." and watch their expressions!). Anyway, my oldest brother lives in ID and is 13 years older than me and my other brother lives about 7 minutes away (though he's planning to move to ID) and he is 7 years older. I can't imagine returning to the baby stage with children after so many years like they did.
Old 04-23-2021, 12:27 PM   #3981  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy Birthday to Karen today!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2021, 03:10 AM   #3982  
Forum Fanatic

Catherine, have you heard of St George and the dragon? St George’s is the Patron Saint of England , slayer of dragons and the rescuer of maidens. also Irish St Patrick’s Day, Scottish is St Andrews Day, Wales is St David’s Day, our DIL tells people she is welsh as she grew up there, she wasn’t born there and Americans never know where’s she’s talking about.

we had Chinese food yesterday, €6.50 for three courses and a glass of wine and a sin alcohol beer.
shame it was too windy to sit outside as it’s opposite to the beach.

Ann they wouldn’t do my jab as I’m not 70, we did ask, no word on mine yet, steve checks all the time,

jayne our son took DIL for hers to the drive through, that’s what he should have done yesterday, the cancelled again as he was leaving home.

Old 04-24-2021, 07:19 AM   #3983  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning! It's painting day today! I'll start the edging and son will do walls but ceiling first! Yuck! So hard on the shoulders!

So no crafting for me today!

Catherine, new stuff is so fun! But I don't think I could do without a microwave! Love it for leftovers!

Jan, wow, seems weird that they are so far behind other countries with the age group getting the vaccine. Is it lack of the vaccine supplies?

I read India is in a second wave and really suffering. So sad all of this. Never in my lifetime did I ever think we would be in a pandemic with our modern medicines. Prayers for all!

Off to paint!

And late last night Athena barfed all over parts of the kitchen! She hasn't eaten in two days! She sure has a bad stomach, always has!
Old 04-24-2021, 08:03 AM   #3984  
Forum Fanatic

Ann it seems the EU were slow ordering the vaccines and then there were problems with production,

enjoy your painting!!!
Old 04-24-2021, 10:42 AM   #3985  
Proud Fan Club Member

Morning everyone!

Jan, I hope you can get yours soon. I am 70 and got mine about 10 days ago.

Catherine your new cooking thing sounds great. Sounds like it does it all. I would like to try an air fryer at some point, but it is annoying to store these things. I am currently storing the instant pot out in our locker in our hallway, lol.

We have cloudy and showers too after a long stretch of warm sunny weather.

Shelly, how great to have a retreat weekend! I wouldn't think they would be doing this due to the pandemic.

Ann, so sorry about Athena. Not fun having to clean up! Do you take tylenol or something before painting?

The last flight came in from India on Friday afternoon I think it was. Now they have barred them from landing.

Now I want chinese food! We were going to order from a good place last week, but their phone recording said they had made the tough decision to close for now. They had been doing take out and before this latest variant issue, they had opened for in dining again. Now, nada.

Jayne, we are up to episode 9 next for The Crown.

Kandie, Dusty is a cozy loving doggie.

Hugs to all,
Shirl
Old 04-24-2021, 11:13 AM   #3986  
Proud Fan Club Member

Ooh, forgot to wish Karen (redbugdriver) a Happy Birthday. Hope you enjoyed your day!

Shirl
Old 04-25-2021, 07:56 AM   #3987  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning everyone!

It is such a shame all the businesses that have had to close their doors. Will people remember this pandemic and the things that they were not able to do and treasure them when they return?

First coat of paint is on in my room!! Sons would not let me do much, they said they did not want to see me hurting! But now they are hurting!

Hope everyone has a great rest of their Sunday!
Old 04-25-2021, 08:52 AM   #3988  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3View Post
Morning everyone!

It is such a shame all the businesses that have had to close their doors. Will people remember this pandemic and the things that they were not able to do and treasure them when they return?

First coat of paint is on in my room!! Sons would not let me do much, they said they did not want to see me hurting! But now they are hurting!

Hope everyone has a great rest of their Sunday!
You've got good boys. I overdid it yesterday and really hurt last night!
Old 04-25-2021, 08:52 AM   #3989  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I finally made my zany card last night and just uploaded this morning. Now I can go catch up on commenting on all of your zany cards. DD1 is at work (she hates working Sundays, they are always so crazy), DD2 is still asleep, and DH is out trying to mow our overlong front yard. We are supposed to get rain today so now is the time to get it done. I've already exercised today - check that off the list.

Today is supposed to be a DH/DD2 Mustang work day. They were planning last night what they are going to work on. They are both excited, it is cute!

Jan, yes, I know about St. George and the dragon. And, of course, everyone has heard of St. Patrick's day. Everyone is Irish in the US on that day! I think I've heard of St. Andrews but you are right, I haven't heard of St. David's Day....and that is my DH's name!

Ann, sorry to read that Athena is still not feeling well. Poor girl! And poor you having to deal with it!

What color are you painting your bedroom? I'm trying to decide on a color for our bedroom walls but first we have to finish painting the public rooms. We picked out the accent wall color for our living room/dining room. I don't care if accent wall color is out of style, we are going to do it here. Of course, once I have the color on the wall, I might not like it!

I agree, microwaves are so handy for leftovers. But, I've had to manage without the micro for leftovers before when we moved out of our house and the rental didn't have a micro. DH reheated some food in the Ninja foodie last night and it worked just fine so I think we'll be OK.

Shirl, our new Ninja Foodie folds up so it doesn't take some much footprint on the counter. It takes less room than the microwave we had sitting there before which is another thing I like about it. In our previous house, we had the microwave that mounted above the stove but haven't modified this kitchen to make that work. So we actually gained counter space making this switch.

So far we have toasted bagels in it, re-heated leftovers, and I air roasted broccoli for part of our lunch yesterday.

I also made some vegan brownies for my vegans last night and then regular brownies for the others of us.

Ann, I'm afraid a lot of these businesses won't be back.

Well, I should go comment on your zany cards!
Old 04-25-2021, 09:25 AM   #3990  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I hope you are feeling better today, Kathy.
Old 04-25-2021, 09:34 AM   #3991  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, oh yes, my boys are always good to me! Guess that is why I was gifted with five of them!
Hope you are feeling better!

Catherine, my room is teal, a darker shade too! And the ceiling is now a very bright white too! It was the type of ceiling paint that goes on a light pink and turns white so you can see where you are painting!
Old 04-25-2021, 09:39 AM   #3992  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Teal is so pretty, Ann. I have never heard of that kind of ceiling paint. That is cool!
Old 04-25-2021, 04:13 PM   #3993  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello all - Happy Sunday!

My teenage son took the time to do something kind for me - he got the label maker out and added labels to all of my distress oxides - and there's over 80! It was so tedious and he just took the label maker and got to work! I thought it was so sweet! I added them to a shelf that I found in the trash - which I upcycled from blue to white!

It's been HOT here - too hot to be outside.

Dh and I celebrated our 28th year Anniversary yesterday and we've been together since high school, so 37 years total He thinks he should get a medal, LOL!

Waving to all!

Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-img_2037.jpg  

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Old 04-25-2021, 04:42 PM   #3994  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kelly, congrats on your anniversary and for having such a thoughtful son!! Wow, that looks great and I love the cup on top of the stand too!
Old 04-25-2021, 04:43 PM   #3995  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Reminder, we are off this week for the Alphabet challenge and start the new round on May 5!!
Old 04-25-2021, 09:06 PM   #3996  
Forum Fanatic

Wow Ann five boys! How lovely, I loved having boys, a friend of ours who already had two boys had a third and everyone was saying what a shame it was another boy, it really annoyed me, my boys have always been very loving and caring sons, as yours obviously are!

kelly congratulations, 28 years! what a thoughtful son doing that, maybe you could hire him out to all crafters.

Old 04-26-2021, 06:10 AM   #3997  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Anniversary, Kelly! Love the cup saying: Lil Miss crafty Pants. Too funny!

Old 04-26-2021, 06:29 AM   #3998  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!!

Yes, everyone thinks a perfect family is a boy and a girl! My boys are caring and wonderful!!

Happy Monday everyone! LOL! What's everyone doing today? Tired from the weekend?
Old 04-26-2021, 08:11 AM   #3999  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! We had a lovely rainy day yesterday with some hail mixed into it. It was a lovely and cool day, probably one of our last until we get the other side of summer. DH and DD2 worked on the Mustang and I made cards for this week's sketch challenge. Somehow I didn't get much done yesterday - which isn't good!

Yes, Ann, we are tired from the weekend. Both DH and I stayed up too late last night chatting with DD1.

I'll put in a plug here for having daughters. My two have spoiled me and been a delight most of the years. The years where DD1 had gone through puberty but DD2 hadn't yet were challenging but, overall, they have been wonderful. Not to say that boys aren't wonderful too. I have two wonderful brothers. Jan, my mom was NOT happy when she found out she was expecting me. She was done at two boys. That said, she was thankful that I was a girl, not that she wasn't happy with her boys though. I think the perfect family is whatever you get!

Kelly, congrats on your anniversary and what a lovely son you have! It is tedious to get the backing off the labels and that was quite the project he did for you! What a great find in that shelf too!

Poor little Honey is having a hard time settling down this morning. I sure wish, sometimes, that she could talk and tell us what she wants/needs!
Old 04-26-2021, 08:12 AM   #4000  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I forgot to mention (lack of sleep?), thank you for praying for my friend's older brother, Everett. He is the one who had a bad reaction to the vaccine. I found out from his SIL that he passed away. Please remember his family. Thank you!