Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-14-2021, 08:00 PM   #3441  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts

I forgot to wish everyone a happy Pi day this morning. We just had homemade mixed berry pie to celebrate - yum! (Jayne, it is still Sunday here!)

I've been trying to paint watercolored roses from last Wednesday's watercolor challenge. I'm pleased with how they have turned out though there is room for more improvement.

Kathy, I'm not sure the items I don't want to use would sell at a thrift store.

Shirl, it has been rainy here today as well and it is supposed to develop into snow overnight. We'll see if it happens.

Sounds like you were having a great time, Melody. That is fabulous.

I hope you have time to breathe and craft this week, Jayne!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2021, 08:05 PM   #3442  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Thanks Catherine. I’m hoping today I can find time but the rest of the week is looking a bit doubtful.

happy Pi day. I’ll have custard with mine please *wink*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2021, 10:39 PM   #3443  
Forum Fanatic

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Shirl we love bratwurst, with potatoe salad , steve cooks them with curry sauce.

the German sausages that are similar to hot dogs are bockwurst, I much prefer bratwurst
we lived in Germany for ten years and would go to the takeaway for a bratty, they serve them with senf, (mustard,)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2021, 10:48 PM   #3444  
Forum Fanatic

Talk about all or nothing, last night our son called from SF, as we were chatting another call came through from eldest GS, he was out walking the dogs with DIL, he rang to wish me happy Mother’s Day, so I went on their dog walk with them along the beach. He always makes me laugh, when we say goodbye he always says, I love you guys! So American.
they send me a photo of some graffiti on a huge rock, it had NAN on it, they asked if I been naughty!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2021, 11:16 PM   #3445  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Hello

Just swinging by to say hi and bye!

We spent the last 2 days driving from Illinois to Colorado via Kansas to So Colorado to avoid a huge snowstorm. (1300 + miles). We hit a patch or 4 of snow covered roads with blowing....but nothing we have not seen before and we have an all wheel drive car.....so..... We will be here until the end of the 1st week in April. I enjoyed the different scenery, but hope we can go home the regular route as it is 5 hours shorter! No snow here in Fruita : ) Forecast here is mod 50's and 60's this week. And a sweet grandson too!

We will see family here tomorrow., Hubby has to work, so got all set up after we arrived and unpacked. WE rented a house- it has just been gutted and redone, so wonderful!

Waving hello to all and hope to get caught up on the thread this week.

Sharon- be safe with all of the earthquakes! Shirl- wonderful brother got his flowers. Kathy- I love the Mat and Savannah video's- she did not make her choir group- shows what hard work will do-if there is hidden talent there! LOL Catherine- hope car repairs do not cost too much! Rebekah- sounds like a great weekend! Melodie and Jan- I love Chicken Tortilla soup..... I am with Melodie, I like meat in soup, but no coconut for me please! Jayne- hoping you get some time to create and that life slows down for you! Kathy- wow- that is great to donate your loved items to a store to benefit the school!

OK- off to bed for me!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2021, 05:37 AM   #3446  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy holiday Shelly. Glad you arrived safely.

I’ve been filling my cart and then deleting it lol. I did get chance to organise my inks and ranger products after downloading their colour charts. It might stop me from buying double of everything now I know what I have lol

Jan you’ve lived in so many different countries...you must speak a lot of languages. Lovely that you had calls for Mother’s Day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2021, 07:03 AM   #3447  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Glad to hear you arrived safely, Shelly! Jayne, good for you organizing. My room is a mess because I am scrapping. I can hardly move around in it.
we had a total of five earthquakes yesterday, the biggest 3.9. We have had two already this morning! Big boom, rattle, rattle. Once I was in my craft room, really rattles in there, but no punches even fell. They say they have to be 5s to do any damage. So thankfully, we are good here. All of the epic centers are within 1-4 miles from us. Sounds like a war zone when they come within minutes like this morning! LOL

waving to all of you. Got to go run the dishwasher.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2021, 07:15 AM   #3448  
Forum Fanatic

Jayne unfortunately I only speak a smattering of each, ha,ha

when our eldest son rang our GS just wanted to show me his finger, his birthday hamster arrived early and he tried to feed him and she bit him, he was upset as he thought it would be his friend, LOL, I told him it was frightened as it had only just left all her friends at the shop.

I’m back on my journal, slow going though.

sharon all those earthquakes, has anyone said they know what’s causing them?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2021, 07:28 AM   #3449  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 110 Likes on 69 Posts

I'm trying to organize my stamp sets that are not stamping up. I need some heavy plastic sleeves for three of my Tim holtz sets. They are larger than the others. I could put them in DVD cases but those take up a lot more room so I'd rather have plastic sleeves. I could order them from Amazon but they come in packs of 50 to 100 and I don't need more than three to five.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2021, 08:25 AM   #3450  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Our snow didn't arrive overnight - hurray! It is drizzly out there though. I'm praying I have enough energy to get through the day. The spring time change always throws me - a lot! I need a coffee IV, I think.

Jayne, just checking, when you say you want custard with your pie, is that custard like Americans call pudding? Or custard like some Americans call ice cream?

Does Ranger have a good color chart for distress inks? I printed one somewhere because I wanted to see how I was doin with having all the colors and found that I had a number of colors that weren't on that chart! I should look at Ranger's site.

So Jan, had you been naughty? lol

Glad you made it safely, Shelly. Sounds like nice weather ahead and, of course, a sweet grandson to enjoy.

Sharon, would you believe that most of the earthquakes of that size I didn't even notice when I lived in Southern California? They had to be 5+ for me to notice them. Did you mention that you live near a fault line? I just don't associate Kansas with earthquakes!

Jan, your grandson (how old is he?) has a new hamster? They can be so sweet. DD2 had two hamsters and we really enjoyed them. The problem with them is they don't live very long. But her hamsters (they were female too) were both sweet. I hope his settles down and is sweet too. DD2's first hamster was quite the escape artist, the second one not so much.

Kathy, I was going to organize my stamps (non SU and the wood mount SU stamp sets that I unmounted) into DVD cases but I'm so glad I didn't get around to it and went with the plastic sleeves instead! Does your local craft store carry the sleeves?

Well, I need to head off to work. Chat with you later.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2021, 09:01 AM   #3451  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdimickView Post
Good morning! Our snow didn't arrive overnight - hurray! It is drizzly out there though. I'm praying I have enough energy to get through the day. The spring time change always throws me - a lot! I need a coffee IV, I think.

Jayne, just checking, when you say you want custard with your pie, is that custard like Americans call pudding? Or custard like some Americans call ice cream?

Does Ranger have a good color chart for distress inks? I printed one somewhere because I wanted to see how I was doin with having all the colors and found that I had a number of colors that weren't on that chart! I should look at Ranger's site.

So Jan, had you been naughty? lol

Glad you made it safely, Shelly. Sounds like nice weather ahead and, of course, a sweet grandson to enjoy.

Sharon, would you believe that most of the earthquakes of that size I didn't even notice when I lived in Southern California? They had to be 5+ for me to notice them. Did you mention that you live near a fault line? I just don't associate Kansas with earthquakes!

Jan, your grandson (how old is he?) has a new hamster? They can be so sweet. DD2 had two hamsters and we really enjoyed them. The problem with them is they don't live very long. But her hamsters (they were female too) were both sweet. I hope his settles down and is sweet too. DD2's first hamster was quite the escape artist, the second one not so much.

Kathy, I was going to organize my stamps (non SU and the wood mount SU stamp sets that I unmounted) into DVD cases but I'm so glad I didn't get around to it and went with the plastic sleeves instead! Does your local craft store carry the sleeves?

Well, I need to head off to work. Chat with you later.
I couldn't find any at Michaels. Since my LSS lady died, I haven't been to her shop. Her granddaughter continues to run it but dropped back to the old hours of Thursday through Saturday. Nora had it open everyday since she couldn't go anywhere. She was in a wheelchair after they removed her leg.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2021, 11:29 AM   #3452  
Forum Fanatic

Catherine we have custard with puddings and cold on jello to make trifle, best to ask mr google as I’m not sure you have it in America

our GS is five on April 29th and he wanted a dog, our son said no as he needs to prove he will look after a pet, they are starting small, with a hamster, they went to order the black bear hamster, not a real name he just saw a picture of a black one and thought it looked like a bear, but he saw this Iranian one in the pet shop , they are bigger, he insisted he wanted that one or a rat he saw, that was a big no no so he has the grey one, he tells me the next pet he wants is a tortoise LOL

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2021, 11:36 AM   #3453  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Hello

Good afternoon,
Delighted to be here and not in the car today! Baby is delightful and a happy little guy : ) He will be 2 in May, so I think I am going to get him a lawn mower toy that when its pushed, makes bubbles.

Kathy- I bought Avery Elle sleeves at Scrapbook.com and on Amazon. I have no idea how many come in a pack though.

Jan- my DD1 loved hamsters as pets- and they were all escape artists! They had to be seperated and not in the same cage or they would fight/bite, and you could not have them close to one another when out of the cage or they would bite. The last one she had would get out and would dig and tear up the carpet in our bedroom closet- it would wake me up, then we'd be up catching the darn thing. One night, hubby caught it in the closet in the middle of the night, and took it outside and let it go.....he had had enough!

Jayne- I need to organize a list as well- I have only purchased 2 doubles, one was for a blog candy which I did not do yet. But, when I see the cubes on sale, I can never remember which ones I have!

Congrats Sharon!!! Another Alpha in the Dirt pile : )

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2021, 11:44 AM   #3454  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Good afternoon. Spent the morning reorganizing and purging my kitchen storage - tupperware and other. I know I didn't get rid of much, but it helped.

Kathy, are you talking about sleeves like sheet protectors? Those you can get at office supply places. And they have the 3-hole punched edge to put in 3 ring binders.

Catherine, the issue I have with the distress ink charts from ranger is they never have them in alphabetical order, and I store all my ink that way. You may have to make your own.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2021, 12:03 PM   #3455  
Proud Fan Club Member

No, not page protectors, Melody. The pockets I've see jennifer mcguire use. She gets different sizes and it's no problem with her ordering large numbers because she uses tons of them. I just need about 4 large enough to put my Tim holtz stamps in and about a dozen for regular size sets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2021, 12:15 PM   #3456  
Forum Fanatic

Shelly I hope this hamster behaves, they told our son that all adults fight, they only have the one, I don’t like them, it’s the feet, give me the creeps, same with birds feet

your GS will love a bubble machine Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2021, 12:22 PM   #3457  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, everyone. I’m two pages behind on chat, I’ll catch up a little later. I received my second vaccine injection Friday and have been having yuck reactions to it ever since. Mostly the same thing as DH had, chills and sweats, incredible fatigue, aches in every joint. I was in bed by 5:30 Saturday. According to DH’s doctor, this is a normal reaction and means the vaccine is working, so yay... I think, lol.

This afternoon I wanted to putter around with the newest package of Graphic 45 papers that had been delivered and the Eileen Hull Sizzix wraparound journal die. I got a bit done so took a couple of photos. Now I’m going to take a nap. I’ll catch up soon.

Hugs, everyone,
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-207a834e-7d6e-45c3-959c-06b115497fd4.jpg   Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-2c34e8f9-25f6-4a6f-aa9b-a676833fa93a.jpg   Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-fcb440c2-e46c-401e-a36d-36a5f7c2ea73.jpg  

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2021, 02:10 PM   #3458  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, could you possibly use ziploc type bags maybe in a quart size? You could always cut off the zipper part if that got in the way.

Kandie, yuck to feeling yucky.

We are getting snow. All of the previous stuff was gone, but the ground is now mostly white.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2021, 02:57 PM   #3459  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Whoohoo..our Sharon is a Dirty Girl. Congratulations Sharon. Enjoy your time on the Dirty Pile. So happy for you.

Catherine, mmm...not ice cream or,pudding. It’s what is inside custard tarts. I like mine hot or cold.

I liked what Ranger offers on their site as I just wanted to check the colours. I like the chart as it’s by colour group which I store mine by. Warms and cools and then neutrals plus it gives you the colours you can use with either group..that is.for Dylusions. I also found I had two oxides the same colour so one will go back. Fortunately I hadn’t opened one. You can also print the charts for punching circles out to add to your inks or labels for your distress pads. It’s hard to find and at the bottom of their site under product organisation.

Kathy I bought those sleeves a couple of years ago after watching JMcGuire. I think I got mine from SSS and they are Avery Elle ones. Try Amazon too. Lol..just saw that Shelly suggested this too lol.

Have fun Shelly.

Hope you are feeling better Kandie. Nice journal cover. How great that you’ve had both your jabs. Now you can go out and socialise without worrying.

I didn’t sleep well and was thinking about my craft room. I realised that I don’t like doing some things. Heat embossing is one and yesterday I found about 10 different pots of powders, all different colours that I bought for a technique Lydia put up for one of the challenges..DTGD I think. I think I may give them away but not sure who to as none of my friends craft now. I will keep clear only. I’ve decided I am going to just keep things that I love using. I also don’t think I will make junk journals and yet I’m collecting all this junk. I prefer pretty papers and coordinating pieces lol. Time will tell.

Jan, i like to see hamsters in cages but if one runs I scream. I don’t like small rodents that run..got a thing about them lol.

Well I had better move. I’m playing golf today in a team event. Home after lunch and then hopefully I can play. I also have cards to mail today.

See you all later. Waving to everyone

Last edited by Ozpom; 03-15-2021 at 03:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2021, 03:02 PM   #3460  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
Kathy, could you possibly use ziploc type bags maybe in a quart size? You could always cut off the zipper part if that got in the way.

Kandie, yuck to feeling yucky.

We are getting snow. All of the previous stuff was gone, but the ground is now mostly white.
I store my 12x12 paper in 2-gallon ziploc bags and it's perfect. But I don't think quart size is big enough for the Tim Holtz sets. I will definately check though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2021, 03:08 PM   #3461  
Proud Fan Club Member

Congrats Sharon! So well deserved! You are awesome and so are your scrap pages and cards! Proud to call you friend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2021, 03:55 PM   #3462  
luvstochatchatCHAT

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

CONGRATULATIONS SHARON!! How wonderful to see you in the dirt pile! Yay! I will work on filling your place as an outside commenter! I just left some love. I’m so bad about getting into a new habit and keeping it going, but this is something I’ve been meaning to do more of since I joined last month.

We got our snow. Whew! Crazy weather, but that’s what our springs can be like.

Sharon, more earthquakes. Goodness, my nerves would be completely rattled. I loved reading your intro to the DD. What a dear husband you have!

I’m taking my night out tonight b/c DH had a furlough day today and it was easier for him to cook on his day off.

We took an early release from home school b/c all the area schools closed early b/c of the weather. DD1 got home safely thank goodness..

I decided to relax this afternoon by the fire since it’s likely the last cozy snow day we’ll have. Read for a bit, but then took a nap!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2021, 03:55 PM   #3463  
luvstochatchatCHAT

We can combine our Alpha challenge with other SCS challenges right?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2021, 04:13 PM   #3464  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yes.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2021, 04:50 PM   #3465  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvtostampstampstampView Post
CONGRATULATIONS SHARON!! How wonderful to see you in the dirt pile! Yay! I will work on filling your place as an outside commenter! I just left some love. I’m so bad about getting into a new habit and keeping it going, but this is something I’ve been meaning to do more of since I joined last month.

We got our snow. Whew! Crazy weather, but that’s what our springs can be like.

Sharon, more earthquakes. Goodness, my nerves would be completely rattled. I loved reading your intro to the DD. What a dear husband you have!

I’m taking my night out tonight b/c DH had a furlough day today and it was easier for him to cook on his day off.

We took an early release from home school b/c all the area schools closed early b/c of the weather. DD1 got home safely thank goodness..

I decided to relax this afternoon by the fire since it’s likely the last cozy snow day we’ll have. Read for a bit, but then took a nap!
did you know that today is national take a nap day? I heard it on the radio.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2021, 05:09 PM   #3466  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 58 Likes on 37 Posts

Ha, ha, no, Kathy I did not know that and now it is dinner time so no nap for me. We did get a walk in the sunshine today at least.

Sharon congrats on being the new Dirty Woman!

Did someone mention custard! YUM! Any day with custard is a good day in my book!

Shelly glad you popped in. Have a good holiday!

Must go, my rice cooker just sounded!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2021, 05:45 PM   #3467  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Hello. Thank you for all the congratulations! It was so hard to keep it a secret! LOL

Kathy, I told husband we missed it, it was National take a nap day. He said didn’t you read the whole article? it says it carries over till tomorrow. LOL

Kathy, thanks you for your very kind words.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2021, 05:54 PM   #3468  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

CONGRATULATIONS Sharon! Yay...a Dirty Girl!

Kathy, glad to hear that it was National take a nap day...worked for me because I had a headache and slept 2 hours this afternoon. I never take naps. Just feel off today. Don't know why.

Hi to everyone, I'm still tired and going to go rest.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2021, 06:16 PM   #3469  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
Hello. Thank you for all the congratulations! It was so hard to keep it a secret! LOL

Kathy, I told husband we missed it, it was National take a nap day. He said didn’t you read the whole article? it says it carries over till tomorrow. LOL

Gracie, I don't normally take a nap, but did today! Half an hour. DH usually tries to take a picture of me doing off. Yesterday I almost had him on camera, but my phone was on the counter and by the time I got it you got awake. It was funny because he had his head tilted back and his mouth wide open. LOL

Sharon my words were true and from my heart. Congrats!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2021, 07:22 PM   #3470  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Congratulations Sharon - welcome to the Dirt Pile!

Another busy day of appointments and catching up from yesterday's Mother's Day celebrations!
Whew - my mom is a handful, but the fun kind

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2021, 11:13 PM   #3471  
Forum Fanatic

Sharon congratulations, you deserve it.

I never take a nap, I have tried sometimes but I can never nod off, I catch steve most afternoons if I pop down for something, now he pretends he’s snoring if he isn’t dozing. I tell him he’s getting like my dad!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2021, 04:37 AM   #3472  
luvstochatchatCHAT

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
did you know that today is national take a nap day? I heard it on the radio.

Haha, yay!! I used to celebrate a lot of the national days with the kids, but so many are around food....treats and junk food lol!! So I’ve stopped b/c we are all trying to not each a lot of sugar!

I used to always take a big nap on Sunday afternoons, but wow, lately I’ve been waking up with a weird headache. So now I limit myself to 1/2-1 hr and the headaches don’t come.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2021, 04:38 AM   #3473  
luvstochatchatCHAT

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post

I bet it would be hard to keep secret!!! You did well!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2021, 04:39 AM   #3474  
luvstochatchatCHAT

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
Yes.
Awesome, thank you. I thought so, but I always feel like I”m cheating when I combine challenges, often without realizing it even! I’ve got T and S done now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2021, 05:38 AM   #3475  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Hello everyone,
Lots to talk about, i'm sure I'll forget something.
Congrats, Sharon!!!!!!! Yes, that flipping from thing to Sharon is a pain, I got a few messages reminding me to not comment as a thing. I'm anxious to look at the gallery.
Still contemplating 'ugly'.
Snow last night, grass is just covered, heavy and wet, will be a little slippery. All a part of spring here in WI.
Brats?! I've eaten my share here, being a WI girl. I eat them with mustard and sauerkraut, if available. I'm not a condiment person, don't use ketchup on much of anything. I like to buy brats from butcher shops instead of the store bought and I will never eat a precooked brat.
Earthquakes in Kansas?? Yes, you must be near a fault line. We have a fault line not too far from us, maybe in Illinois and have had a couple felt in WI. We'd feel them because they are unusual. But I never have. That must be pretty unsettling.
I had my second vaccine on Saturday. Only some fatigue and a bit of a headache that lasted a while. I kept waiting for more but didn't materialize. I slept for 12 hours on Saturday night, even with losing an hour.
Happy Mother's Day to those who just celebrated it.
This American says custard is a very high fat ice cream, although we get chastised if we call it ice cream. It's very creamy and melts quickly.
We have had a lot of hamsters, males are easier than females (if you can tell what sex they are) and they do bite more than gerbils or rats. Rats are supposed to be great pets, I just can't get past their tails.
I made a pumpkin pie on Pi Day. I have a recipe that is crustless, very low cal (I think it's Weight Watchers), I can eat the whole thing over a few days, no guilt.
Were you all careful on the Ides of March yesterday?
Naps....I have always loved naps. When my kids slept, I layed down. I have been using a cpap machine for the past year and don't nap much anymore, which is probably good. I sleep so much better at night, didn't realize I wasn't sleeping well.
Shelly, have a great time with your grandson...two years old is a fun time. The gift idea sounds perfect. Sometimes I wish I could keep my grand girls just the way they are (almost 10 and 7.5). The older is already showing some teenager-ish symptoms.
Have a great Tuesday or Wednesday, wherever you are.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2021, 05:51 AM   #3476  
Forum Fanatic

Jean English custard isn’t frozen, although real custard is probably made in a similar way to iceCream with eggs, cream, milk, sugar and cornstarch, its a pouring sauce.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2021, 05:54 AM   #3477  
Forum Fanatic

Jean pleased to hear you’ve not experienced bad symptoms from your vaccine, you get sick of hearing such negative press about it.

steve loves pumpkin pie although we buy it in SF as I looked at the recipe and there seemed to be too many ingredients to buy to make it just once, I’m not keen on the texture.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2021, 06:50 AM   #3478  
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm sitting in front of the ER. Dad fell last night and mom decided today he should really be checked because his neck hurts so we had the ambulance come and transport him. It would have been too difficult for us to try and get him in and out and he will get seen quicker this way. Mom is allowed to go back with him in his room but they were only allowed one person and I have to wait in the van. I have it running to warm my feet because they are cold. It's 34° out and we've had a bit of freezing rain
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2021, 07:16 AM   #3479  
Forum Fanatic

Kathy so sorry, I hope everything is ok with your dad, take care .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2021, 07:50 AM   #3480  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It is chilly here this morning - 32 degrees out at the moment. There is sunshine though and it is working on my frozen windows of my car, I should be good to go by the time I leave for work. I am thankful for the warm wood stove.

Wow, lots of chatter! I love it.

Congratulations, Sharon! So happy for you!

Kathy, I haven't seen the storage pockets in any of the big box stores, I thought perhaps your LSS would have them. How big are the stamp sets? I just bought a package of 10 job tickets from Staples. They are what Jennifer McGuire keeps her card stock in and I have switched to that method as well (love the rainbow in my shelving unit too). The job tickets are 9x12 and are probably too big for your stamp sets but thought I'd mention it.

Jan, it sounds like custard in the UK is creamy and pourable? So more like a sauce in the US. Or is it like the filling in an eclair? I actually asked Google before asking here and wasn't as enlightened as I had hoped!

Oh my, Shelley! I can't imagine letting the hamster go outside, I understand the frustration. How did your daughter react?!

Gorgeous journal, Kandie. Sorry to hear you've been laid low by your second shot. Although from the sounds of what your DH's doctor says, maybe that isn't something to be sorry about?

Jayne, you don't like heat embossing? Wow, that is very interesting as I hear so many people say that is what got them into card making in the first place! I like to emboss (it wasn't what got me card making), I like the shine and raised texture it gives. That is one of the wonderful things about this craft, there are so many things to do, techniques to try, that there is something for everyone.

I still need to go check out Ranger's web site and offerings for organization.

I didn't think I would like having a hamster in the house but she was really sweet. We were all very sad when she died.

I think the national take a nap day is well timed. Hopefully it is always the Monday after the spring time change!

I hope you are feeling better today, Gracie.

Jean, it is because of friends from the mid west that I know about frozen custard. We don't have that out here (that I know of).

Yum, pumpkin pie! We love it in this house!

Kathy, sorry to hear about your dad. I hope he is OK and you stay warm while you wait out in the parking lot. Hugs!
Reply With Quote Likes