Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-26-2021, 08:47 AM   #4001  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Just posted z for zany.

My brother and his wife had to put down their oldest dog, Ziva, on Friday. It was a bit unexpected, even though she had hemangiosarcoma. She was doing so well after her spleenectomy but went downhill quickly on Thursday night and they could tell she was bleeding internally. Ziva was a very cuddly, protective dog. Their second dog, Scout, is young, dislikes other dogs, is shy and not cuddly. She would hide from Ziva because Ziva would give her the evil eye. She is a street rescue from Detroit, very sick and emaciated, so that might have something to do with her personality. They like to have two dogs but that won't be possible with Scout at this time. They are devastated and so am I, since I haven't seen her in a long time and I was going to see her around Memorial Day. So sad.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-26-2021, 09:03 AM   #4002  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hello to all!
Jan- sometimes when people are in the ICU- they get a sheet and no gown.... not often, but if needed. And, we are always peeking under the gowns to look at tubes and wires etc.... LOL Do you get medicine to sedate you for your colonoscopies? My brothers doc says they do not use sedation everywhere like they do in the US.
Jayne- hope they can contain the variant there- it sounds pretty infectious and all ages too. That's crazy if it can spread thru the ventilation!
Kathy- hope the colonoscopy goes well. I will keep your Dad in prayers- it has to be hard on your Dad and your mom too! Hope all goes well with the vaccine for him and that his CXR is OK too!
Rebekah- I have never herd of growth spurt cream. hmmmmm I cannot tolerate the scents of most essential oils- they make my allergies crazy! in fact- in Colorado, the smell of scented garbage bags overwhelmed me- I had to put the entire box outdoors and get unscented ones. I was all stuffed up and they made my eyes tear! Hope the knees calm down!
Ann- your room sounds like it will be so pretty! I love the teals! So sorry pups are unwell! God did not bless me with 5 boys- I would never be able to enjoy all of the physical-ness boys have and the fighting.... regular for boys! God Bless Moms of all boys!
Kathy- I also have 2 sisters, one 3 years older and one 3 years younger. (And 2 older brothers and 2 younger brothers). My eldest sister is a nurse (retired), and the younger one is a patent attorney- she works at Univ of Ill in Chicago.
Catherine- our microwave keeps blowing its fuse- and we have a standby- first happened in beginning of pandemic and I was heating up my rice filled heating pad in it- so we bought one on FB marketplace..... it is on the floor of our dining room, right around the corner. The fuse blows about once a month....LOL We are going to look for kitchen appliances soon, so will get a new one. It is only about 3 years old....... I am not familiar with a Ninja, but sounds like it can do many things! Hope you both sleep well on your new Mattress topper!
Kelly- hope your Anniversary celebration was wonderful!
Karen (redbugdriver)- Belated HB!!!

More Birthday cards arrived- thanks for thinking of me Pat, Lynn and Annette! I love this stretched out celebration!

Shelly

Shelly
Old 04-26-2021, 09:11 AM   #4003  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Writing at the same time-as I was catching up!
Catherine- so sorry for Everett's SIL and Jean- so sorry for the loss of the sweet pet! They sure are like family, aren't they???

I forgot to mention- the Retreat is called Be Healed, and it is about the barriers or events that have caused us to close off a part of our heart- wounds, pains, relationships, etc.... and that affects us physically, emotionally and Spiritually. It defined how your heart closes off and steps to open it up again and feel joy and Love (and God=love). There is a book called Be Healed by Dr Bob Schuchts and it is based off of the book. It was a very powerful weekend! I did not stay overnight, there were only 2 of us that commuted, with my back I did not want to sleep in another bed! They did take the steps to safeguard us, and we wore masks at all times, except when eating.

Off to PT, then taking the car for an oil change and then grocery shopping : )

Shelly
Old 04-26-2021, 11:06 AM   #4004  
Proud Fan Club Member

On the phone on and off with my sister today. Apparently they had never scheduled that x-ray for Dad for Wednesday. They'd only scheduled the doctor's appointment. So my sister got the X-ray scheduled. She is going to go along and go to the appointment so that she can explain things to Mom. Mom has trouble understanding everything. we definitely wanted the X-ray because that will determine if we can bring him home. Speaking of home, the home he is in has all tested negative for covid-19 can have their in lobby visits again. I took Mom this morning for her second moderna shot.
Old 04-26-2021, 12:29 PM   #4005  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Shelly, good luck on your errands! Stay safe!

Kathy, did your mom have any reaction to the Moderna shot? My sons who got the Moderna shot had very sore arms and as the one son said he felt "shredded"!

Jean, hugs to you! Thinking of you and your families loss of their pet.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2021, 01:22 PM   #4006  
Proud Fan Club Member

No. Mom hasn't had any side effects from either shot. My sister didn't have any side effects either.
Old 04-26-2021, 04:44 PM   #4007  
Proud Fan Club Member

Got my mammo results today. They were good. They always mention I have dense breasts, but still good results. Yay!
Old 04-27-2021, 06:49 AM   #4008  
Proud Fan Club Member

I had my 3 months doctor visit. My cholesterol is down a bit and so are the triglycerides. But the kidney function test is still elevated and he said that indicates chronic kidney disease. He said at this point there's nothing to worry about and he'll check it again in 6 months. I got my tetanus booster. Was surprised it didn't hurt but the girl who did it said I will probably feel it tonight and may not be able to lift that arm. So that's why I asked him to do it in the left arm since I sleep on my right. My arm is just now starting to feel a little achy. I got home in time to bring Mom in to meet my sister for their visit with dad. Everyone has tested negative twice now in the home so they're allowing the visits again.
Old 04-27-2021, 06:55 AM   #4009  
Proud Fan Club Member

I think I found tomorrow's tutorial. If I did, I will not be getting to it for a while. I don't have the needed supplies. They usually tell you the week before if special supplies are needed and nothing was listed, so maybe it's a future one, but time will tell.
Old 04-27-2021, 06:59 AM   #4010  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

It's warm here!! It's 66 warm degrees with a wonderful breeze! The dogs are enjoying the windows open!

Enjoy your day everyone!
Old 04-27-2021, 08:16 AM   #4011  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It is sunny and beautiful but cool enough that DH has a fire going. I think it will be the last until after summer but, truly, only God knows. I got an order from My Favorite Things (nothing exciting for the most part, storage bags though I did purchase one new die). It wasn't a big order either. Even so, there was a cute little stamp set in there as a gift. I was so surprised!

Jean, I'm so sorry about the loss of Ziva. Our fur family is just that, family! And sorry you didn't get to see her again. Sending you hugs!

Shelly, is it the smell of essential oils you can't tolerate or is it the artificial perfume smells that manufacturers put in their products? A lot of the artificial perfume smells give me a headache but I'm fine with essential oils (not that I like all the scents there either but some of them I love). Just curious. My co-worker can't tolerate any of the artificial scents and really struggles with heavily perfumed people.

That retreat sounds fabulous!

Kathy, I'm glad your mom can resume visiting your dad. I'm sure that was confusing for him not having contact. Praying they get the x-ray scheduled and it is good.

Yay for good results on your tests, too.

Hey, I had identified, for once, the tutorial before it was announced. The one with the strips made to look like tile. I haven't done it yet but, when I saw the card, I thought, "This looks like a tutorial to me." and it was!

Sounds like lovely weather, Ann. We'll be warming up quite a bit.

I have to go rescue DD1. She had to be at work at 4 am this morning and managed to get there all right but, in her less than awake mode, she locked her keys inside the vehicle.

Chat with you later!
Old 04-27-2021, 09:28 AM   #4012  
Proud Fan Club Member

So far Moms not had any bad reactions since her 2nd shot yesterday morning. She and my sister visited with dad. They said he seemed pretty happy today.
Old 04-27-2021, 09:43 AM   #4013  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow! I've missed 3 pages of chat. I skimmed this last page.

I had my friend from Montana here all last week and as soon as I dropped her off at airport Sunday morning, we had to start moving furniture out for new flooring throughout house starting on Monday. Needless to say, there will be no moss growing under my feet. It's worse than moving!

Today, I'm moving all my 2 million and 32 craft things onto back deck! Whew!

Hopefully, by Thursday, I'll be able to catch up on chat! Sending hugs to everyone! Back to work.
Old 04-27-2021, 11:35 AM   #4014  
Proud Fan Club Member

Hugs Gracie and wow, that is a big undertaking. Hope if you are missing anything craft wise you will now find it in the moving of said items, lol.

Kathy, glad your Dad seemed happy!

I just saw Sharon's and Ann's cards go by with the keyword of MSP44 and was curious where that was listed?

Trying a pine nut cookie recipe made with olive oil at the moment!

Happy Anniversary Kelly!

Shirl
Old 04-27-2021, 11:51 AM   #4015  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Shirl, it's the My Sweet Petunia challenge: april 2021 misti monday challenge 637968
Old 04-27-2021, 03:29 PM   #4016  
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Ann!

Shirl
Old 04-27-2021, 03:53 PM   #4017  
Stazon Splitcoast

question where is the thread and to need identify items? I know there was a thread like. But I can't find it now! Thanks Linda
Old 04-27-2021, 05:07 PM   #4018  
Proud Fan Club Member

I was going to answer Linda's question but I saw she already found it.

I'm relaxing after a delightful conversation with my cable company. We are one of those rare areas that does not have a cable box. Our cable comes directly in through the cable line. Our cable went out around 7:30 p.m. . Sometime around 8:00, I decided to call to report our cable being out. I got an automated voice and they wanted to send a reset signal to my box. How do you tell an automated voice that you have no box? So I said no. But it ask again could they send a signal to my box. So I said yes. They said it could take 10 minutes and did I want them to call me back in 20 minutes to see if cable was working. I said yes figuring that once they couldn't send a signal I'd at least get to speak to someone. 20 minutes later I got that call back from a woman I had trouble understanding. After the basic questions of account number and address she instructed me to unplug the cable for 30 seconds and plug it back in. Still no cable. Unplug the TV and plug it back in. Still no cable. Press the input button and scroll up and down. Still no cable. Finally she says she will check and see if there are any outages in our area. There are! I told DH next time I'm going to ask her to do that first. Cable came back on 5 minutes later......
Old 04-27-2021, 05:23 PM   #4019  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, I am giggling at the conversation!! Sorry!
Old 04-27-2021, 06:20 PM   #4020  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3View Post
Kathy, I am giggling at the conversation!! Sorry!
I giggled too, Ann. After I blew my top! And then I told my story to my husband, to my son, to my mother on the phone, and texted a friend about it. Poor DH asked how many times he had to listen to that same story!
Old 04-27-2021, 07:04 PM   #4021  
Proud Fan Club Member

All day long I've felt like I'm forgetting something. Like April 27 is a date I should remember, but nothing comes to me. I looked on my birthday list, and I don't see any birthdays today. But I just feel like I've forgotten something. It's the first time I've ever felt this...has anyone ever had that feeling?
Old 04-27-2021, 07:04 PM   #4022  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Wow, Gracie, new flooring, that's exciting! That is something we need to do - through the entire house. I'm not sure when that will make the top of the action list. I had missed you but knew you were having fun with your friend.

I always forget to check the MSP monthly challenge.

Kathy, that would have been so frustrating! I'm glad you can see the humor already.
Old 04-27-2021, 07:07 PM   #4023  
Proud Fan Club Member

I am sitting in my new recliner, rocking and just a bit ago I felt something run across my foot. It was a HUGE spider! I didn't want him to get away, so I grabbed a piece of junk mail and slammed him with it! I'm glad I got him because I probably couldn't continue sitting here if I thought he was running around in here.
Old 04-28-2021, 04:32 AM   #4024  
luvstochatchatCHAT

Morning!

Shelly, it’s a DIY cream I made with some essential oils and coconut oil as the base.

Hey, the sun came out and it’s suppose to be cloudy today. I can handle that!

Been a busy start to the week, so I’m looking forward to being home all day today.
Old 04-28-2021, 06:59 AM   #4025  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning Kathy and Rebekah! You two are up early! I was but then laid back down! Need the temp in the house to come up a bit!

Kathy, I was sitting at my computer scanning stuff and a brown ugly spider crossed right over my next page to scan! YUCK!! I too reached for my kleenx sitting on the other side of my desk and got him. Yes, I would have been looking everywhere too if I had not had gotten it!! Yuck, spiders are coming in more with windows open.

Off to go have breakfast/lunch and take care of the dogs! Later everyone!
Old 04-28-2021, 08:10 AM   #4026  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It is warming up again out here. I think we may have seen the last of the storms...maybe. We certainly need more rain - but that is normal around here.

Yuck to spiders! So glad you both got them!

Kathy, yes, I have had that experience of feeling like I'm forgetting something. I hate when that happens!

I've uploaded my sketch challenge cards and now I'm drinking coffee. I should go comment on cards.
Old 04-28-2021, 08:12 AM   #4027  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I forgot to ask - Kathy, did you correctly identify today's tutorial? It looks like it takes special supplies to me!
Old 04-28-2021, 10:57 AM   #4028  
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes. It was the right one. I don't have vinyl fuse or a zipper so this one will be coming at a later date. I need shopping time. I love the one she did in the video. Not sure which dsp I'll use but I have lots to choose from.
Old 04-28-2021, 12:47 PM   #4029  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Happy Wednesday!
I was up early (for me) and have accomplished piano lessons and paperwork. Sat down at computer and our first Baltimore Oriole of the season landed on the bird feeder- my thrill for the day!
I made the mistake of eating some Mushroom Risotto for dinner that had milk in it.......LOL So, I am not getting in the car to go anywhere!
I did get out Monday, and took the car for an oil change- and Ray noticed the Vehicle sticker expired in September....oops! That's the car we took to Colorado and drive everywhere. Guess we are kinda lucky we have not gotten a ticket! I ordered a new one online.
Hubby's boss called him and told him they are going to cut his position in 2 months. He was relieved-as a new project required evening calls Mon-Thurs for the next 2 months..... and another manager got word of it and quickly scooped him up. The new manager wants him in the new roll before 2 months.... So, he was on the market for about 10 minutes- I say Whew!

Catherine- I do not know if it is the oil or the additives- but just know scents bother me- perfumes, gas from a truck, even scented candles! I even have to wear unscented deodorant! Oh, poor DD1 and sorry you have to run down to her work- hope you get a nice drink : )

Kathy- you are in a tough place- hope your Dad's X-ray is good so he can get home! Sorry your labs are off. I have no idea how you find the tutorials- pretty fun to see you creating with all of the tutorials!

Gracie- you have had so much company! How excited to get new flooring too! Have you been out with the RV?

Catherine- thank You for the Birthday card!

Waving hello to all!

Shelly
Old 04-28-2021, 03:04 PM   #4030  
Proud Fan Club Member

DH is in his glory watching turkeys in the field below our place. There is a make chasing two female. He stops and fans out his feathers showing off and then the feathers go back and he takes a few steps closer! Wish I could post video.

Dad's x-rays were good and now plans are forming to get him home. If he's home when he needs the 2nd shot, we will call rabbit transportation because they can take him in his wheelchair and we won't have to try to get him in and out of moms van.
Old 04-28-2021, 04:07 PM   #4031  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jean, I am sorry about Ziva. She sounded like a sweet doggy.

Kathy, that was a funny cable call story. April 27 was my late Mom’s birthday, not that it helps you.

Gracie, I can’t imagine moving my million craft things out again! Best wishes for everything to go smooth.

Shelly, wow! About your husband. I am glad it all worked out for you. And what a thrill to see a Baltimore Oriole out your window.

Catherine, glad you could help your daughter out. I hate that when I lock my keys in the car! That happened tome a lot in years past! So far with this car, I haven’t. Because I carry the keys in my pocket, not my purse. And my car unlocks or starts as long as the keys are on me; I never have to take them out of my pocket. One less worry! LOL

happy week, everyone.

Old 04-28-2021, 04:11 PM   #4032  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Shelly, I also don't know how Kathy sleuths out the tutorial in advance.

Fortunately, when DD1 locked herself out of her car, I was going to work anyway and I go past where her store is to get to work so it really isn't a problem. If this happened on a Friday or Sunday, on the other hand! And yes, she gave me my coffee beverage of choice - a blond caramel macchiato with ristretto shots...yum!

Yay for a good x-ray, Kathy. That is wonderful.

I have my first Finance Committee meeting in a few hours and I'm nervous about it. Prayers appreciated!
Old 04-28-2021, 04:14 PM   #4033  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sharon, this was the first time she has done this since she started driving. Pretty good record, I think. That is how my key is for my Camry that I drive - except that I leave it in a designated pocket inside my purse. I love those proximity keys!
Old 04-28-2021, 07:00 PM   #4034  
Proud Fan Club Member

I would never live it down if I locked my keys in the car because my husband was a locksmith! He was the only locksmith at a huge university. Keys and locks changed a lot over his 39 years on the job. It's funny because he took a mail-in course when he first started. He would do the homework and then send it in. They even had actual locks and such to work on. For a man who never graduated high school, he got an excellent job. I've always been proud of him.

I like my Mom's van because it also has a push button key code so if we locked the keys in her van I just pushed the numbers. I don't remember the exact code I just remember the button sequence and that works fine for me. I use the code every once in awhile so I don't have to dig in my purse for the keys.
Old 04-29-2021, 07:09 AM   #4035  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Prayers for you Catherine!

Kathy, so nice that your spouse is so handy!

Keys, the only time I ever left not locked my keys in my car was the first time I ever drove alone after getting my drivers license. I didn't lock the car but I left the keys in the ignition. Wasn't used to having keys, my mother taught me to drive on her car and I always handed her keys back to her. I drove to work went inside and then realized what I did and ran outside and got them! LOL!

I have my entire craft room torn apart! Yup cleaning the huge shelf I have off and rearranging things! I have a mess, more then when I started! Gotta move it!

Have a good day everyone, you know what I'll be doing!
Old 04-29-2021, 07:54 AM   #4036  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I survived the Finance Committee meeting, it was just long. Then I came home and this computer was SO SLOW, I have no idea what the problem is but I needed to work on walking to get my step goal for the day. I stayed up late to do but hit my 14,000 goal. I'm not sure if it is better to hit my goal or go to bed and get sleep.

Thankfully, today is Thursday. Yay!

This was the first time DD1 had ever locked her keys in the car (which I think is pretty good considering her personality).

Ann, good thing you realized what you had done and ran back out to get the keys!

Good for you getting your shelf re-organized. I need to do a bunch of that but it seems like my enthusiasm for pursuing that is spent at work....so many projects at home, I need to just make a list and start getting them done.

Everybody must be very busy.
Old 04-29-2021, 12:01 PM   #4037  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Happy Thursday!
Just back from PT and errands. My back is amazingly calm, but my hip still hurts a bit, much less though!

When Stephi was in High School, a neighbor called me and said you have to go outside and look at the car (the one Stephi drove)...uh ohh..... Well, the keys were in the door and lanyard hanging down.. she must have unlocked the car using the keys and forgot to take them out after she got whatever she needed : ) I have never done that.... LOL My car is like Sharon's- put keys in my pocket and I am all set! I cannot lock the car if the keys are IN it, and hubby frequently leaves his keys for my car inside of it....so often I take my keys and go shopping, and find out his keys have been in the car the whole time I think it is locked!

Its great to reorganize Ann- good for you!

Kathy- your lucky, like Catherine, to have such a handy hubby!

My hubby has not officially accepted the 'other' job. When he sent out an email asking people to be his reference, a couple send messages back encouraging him to look for a position in their 'group'. He has had another manager reach out to him as well. So time will tell. I just pray we do not move- what a lot of sorting in my stamp room and sewing room I need to do! LOL

I have book club tonight, have not finished the book, but not many did- so they encouraged us to join in the discussion anyway!

Shelly
Old 04-29-2021, 02:30 PM   #4038  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Just checking in. I finally finished my Z card today. I just haven't been in the mood to stamp. I really need to get going on my DT stuff.

Today I went out and cleaned out my asparagus bed and found a few shoots up already... I had a little snack. And then I trimmed some dead branches from the apple tree.

Jayne and Ann, thank you so much for the birthday cards and goodies. Fun stuff.

Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Old 04-29-2021, 03:46 PM   #4039  
Proud Fan Club Member

Phew! You had me scared there for a minute. I thought I missed your birthday. I still have time if I get moving.!
Old 04-29-2021, 03:52 PM   #4040  
Proud Fan Club Member

Are you ready for another telephone story? I called Visa because our last check has not returned to the bank yet. It's hard to get a real person on the line. So many automated buttons to push. Explain to the first Lady that my bill is due May 1st and I sent it April 13th but the check has not returned to the bank. So she looks through the account and says no they have not received it. She recommended putting a stop payment on it. I said stop payment cost over $30 and my balance was only $59! Then she said I could pay it online. I don't pay bills online. Finally she suggested and I could go to the credit union which is where our credit card came out of. So I said that would work will run right down pay it again. The thing is the reason they did not get my payment is because someone screwed up and changed the payment address a month early. We are getting new cards next month and the bills will go to a different address. So I said to her I won't pay a late fee because of something that was not my mistake. She said no they would not charge me a late fee but I could go down and pay it. So I went down to the credit union and the girl at the window said the bills that went to that address will be forwarded to corporate and they will credit our accounts and remove any late fee charges. I didn't have to do a thing! At least we accomplished one thing while there. The credit union account was started a long time ago when DH first started working at the college. So his name was the only one on the account. He asked them to add my name now to the account and read it that while we were there.

I'm about ready to lose my mind. We are getting calls, at least 10 to 15 a day, from people wanting to talk to us about Medicare supplements. We definitely want to look into it, but I'd like to stay with someone local to help us out and not talk to people from all over the US. And I'm not giving any information out to people who call me. Too many scams going. I will make the call when we're ready.