Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-11-2021, 12:35 PM   #3801  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I need to paint walls too. My painter seems to have lost steam on that project (I don't blame her) and now she is interested in working on the garage and Mustang. Too many projects and too little time because I also need to go outside and weed - which should be a lot of fun with my allergies.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-11-2021, 01:04 PM   #3802  
Proud Fan Club Member

Sunday afternoon here at 2p.m. We are just back from a 2+1/2 mile walk. Which is 4.2 in km. Hate the stupid metric. Asked dh to translate it for you, lol. Anyways, my brother Bruce came out and we all enjoyed the walk and fed ducks, took pictures and had brought sandwiches to sit in the sun and eat. But it got cloudy and felt cold again while we were sitting. However all this coming week the temps are going to be a lot warmer.

Ann same thing happens to my craft mess. Clean it up and gets messy again pretty fast.

Shelly your windmill pic is cool!

Yes, Catherine, too many projects for sure and little time!

Anyone doing the FS today. I am not really mojo'd up but will go take a peek!

Shirl
Old 04-11-2021, 02:21 PM   #3803  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Sunday afternoon- went to church for a devotion hour this afternoon. So happy to get the watercolor done, it was due yesterday.....

Catherine- not too many windmills are made to turn directions, but we toured one that did and they actually turned it while we were in it- takes 15 minutes and lots of muscle power! It was all set up with bedrooms and the kitchen and all, and they had thick plexiglass in the area where the gear assemble was at, so we could see how it works- pretty interesting!

Rebekah- so good for you- I need to declutter and make cards too- but seem to just work on the cards : )

Hubby is doing yardwork- seems everytime we need to do yardwork, my back acts up.... Jan, the Birds of Paradise sound like a nightmare to pull out! So sweet of your neighbor to help!

Jean- I was reading your story and thinking- I am an extroverted introvert as well! I need my alone time to recharge! And, Lillies are one of my worst allergies- cannot have them inside.... I used to have to take them out of the hospital rooms when I worked in ICU- small enclosed spaces and they give so much fragrance!!!!!!

Shirl- cannot join you today- have many cards to complete in the next couple of days!

The pain doc had given me a pain patch that has NSAID's in it (Non-steroidal Anti-inflammatory drug) that you put on for 12 hours and off for 12 hours- put one on before I went to bed and back much better today- wahoo! I am going to keep using it until I think it is resolved (hoping).

Kathy- I told the duck story to hubby= too funny and sad for the duck too- glad you were there to help it out!

Ann- hope you get the paining done and take it easy on your arm!

Waving hello to everyone

Shelly

Old 04-11-2021, 10:10 PM   #3804  
Forum Fanatic

Shirl luckily I understand miles and Km,, our old Volvo was in miles so every time it went for its yearly service here Steve had to tell the garage how much in Km,
sounds a lovely walk with Bruce and a picnic too,

I had a bad night, my shoulders and neck were hurting after all that gardening, I should have taken a pain killer before bed but I felt ok so didn’t bother,
Old 04-12-2021, 06:50 AM   #3805  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning ladies. Another gray day here, but it's spring. Hugs to you all.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2021, 08:09 AM   #3806  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning and happy Monday to you! (That's to let you know what day of the week it is.) I got up early because I woke up and couldn't sleep, so I decided I may as well get up and get my workout done so that is checked off my list before going to work, yay! Not yay about waking early though.

Lots of work got done here yesterday. Goodness, DD2 is a slave driver! DH got the new lights installed in our bathroom. Unfortunately, a couple of light shades were broken in the process (not sure how that happened, just thankful it was DH who broke them and not DD2) so I have to order replacement parts for those. I did take a before photo but the after photo is on hold.

I did some weeding and may be paying for it today as I have no idea how times I have sneezed and blown my nose. It is out of control, I know that! I also made my sketch challenge samples for this week as well as a couple other cards. My girls are so encouraging. I hope to get those cards uploaded soon.

Then, DH and DD2 cleaned up the garage and got things organized and moved around. They had a big pile to take to the dump (old water heater for one thing) and a lot of bags of bottles to take to the recycler and cardboard to take to the cardboard drop. They went to borrow my brother's pickup. It is loaded with the dump run that I get to do today after work. The van is loaded with the bottles and cardboard that the girls get to do while I'm at work. And then DH got the Mustang hooked up behind the pickup and we got it into the garage....we actually have a car in the garage! And the door closes. Poor DH was SO tired last night! But DD2 gets things done which is a great thing.

Shirl, why did I think Canada was on metric? I guess I tend to think the entire world is metric and the US is the last hold out! I remember when I was a kid they said we were going metric and I started seeing mileage signs reference both but then it never happened, thankfully. Yes, I was a kid but I was old enough that trying to learn metric was going to mess me up. Both of my girls say metric is so much easier. I know a few conversions because of running like 5k is 3.1 miles. (My favorite race length!)

Shelly, that is so interesting about the windmills. Stuff like that is fascinating to me.

They allow flowers in ICU there? Here we have to wait until the patient is on a regular nursing floor, no flowers in ICU.

Sorry you had a bad night, Jan. You did work very hard.

Melody, I'd send you some sunshine if I could!

Old 04-12-2021, 09:16 AM   #3807  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

I’d take some sunshine here, if anyone has any to spare, lol. We are at perma-cloud stage after nearly three days of rain. However, all the grass is green, so that’s a blessing!

That windmill picture is lovely, reminds me of Holland, Michigan and the windmills and tulips and the dancers in their wooden shoes!

Kathy, I loved the duck story.

I too was sorry to read of Prince Phillip’s passing. He and the Queen have had so many wonderful years together,

Prayers for Everett as well.

DH’s DB called very early yesterday to say a 5ml mass, about the size of a lime, has been found in his wife’s lung, very close to the aorta. I had to pull up a diagram to understand. She is in her early 80s. DH is now worried sick about his SIL. Why is it always one thing after another?

We have cardinals making their yearly nest in one Boston fern hanging from the front porch, house finches making a nest in the other fern, and robins making a nest in the evergreen in front. We can’t go out the front door now without being screeched at by three different kinds of birds!

Dusting, mopping and vacuuming for me today. I stopped to take a break and eat a quick lunch while seeing what everyone is up to.

I found the best step exercise video on YouTube, Get Fit with Rick. He has the cutest British accent. . 5,000 steps in 36 minutes! WhEw! I’ve made it two days in a row!

Have a safe day, ladies, take care.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Old 04-12-2021, 11:12 AM   #3808  
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie that Rick guy sounds amazing. 5,000 steps in 36 mins. You will really feel like you have accomplished a lot. You are so lucky to have cardinals. We have seen lots of robins lately and are still seeing lots of squirrels scurrying around.

Catherine, lol, I only know that 20C is 68 F. Otherwise it is to the google I go, lol.

Jan, sorry about all the aches and pains. I think one should take a tylenol before starting the work, but of course do we ever remember to that? I never do, lol.

Melody and Kandie, sending you some sunshine. We have lots to spare this week. No rain forecasted for awhile!

We just finished watching the Hugh Laurie drama called Chance. Two seasons. We were addicted. We now have subscribed to Disney so we were able to see it. I think it was originally on Hulu, which we do not get in Canada. But Disney has acquired all of this stuff now.

We have never seen House so have ordered the first season from the library. There are 8 seasons of that so that should keep us occupied.

Shirl

Old 04-12-2021, 02:56 PM   #3809  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

The sun did come out this afternoon, so thank you ladies who sent it.

And our next door neighbor is mowing.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Old 04-12-2021, 04:26 PM   #3810  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirlb19View Post
Kandie that Rick guy sounds amazing. 5,000 steps in 36 mins. You will really feel like you have accomplished a lot. You are so lucky to have cardinals. We have seen lots of robins lately and are still seeing lots of squirrels scurrying around.

Catherine, lol, I only know that 20C is 68 F. Otherwise it is to the google I go, lol.

Jan, sorry about all the aches and pains. I think one should take a tylenol before starting the work, but of course do we ever remember to that? I never do, lol.

Melody and Kandie, sending you some sunshine. We have lots to spare this week. No rain forecasted for awhile!

We just finished watching the Hugh Laurie drama called Chance. Two seasons. We were addicted. We now have subscribed to Disney so we were able to see it. I think it was originally on Hulu, which we do not get in Canada. But Disney has acquired all of this stuff now.

We have never seen House so have ordered the first season from the library. There are 8 seasons of that so that should keep us occupied.

Shirl
Shirl, I watched House for a while but got tired of the things he got away with. Any real doctor would be in jail for some of the stuff he said and did. (Pill popping was one thing he did, but he said things to patients that would have gotten his medical license revoked! I did find it fascinating how he (and many other actors) lose their accents on some shows. I know on the walking Dead, many characters have accents but can lose them for the show.
Old 04-13-2021, 04:32 AM   #3811  
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, all.

Shirl, I watched House for several seasons a long time ago. What is Chance about? I just signed us up for Disney+ and Discovery+ because it seems like all the spring new episodes are on repeats already!

sunshine today but chilly, but that doesn’t matter, we’ll take it. DH wants to get back to work on the deck and I want to rake the leftover leaves out of the bushes and flower beds.

Kathy, remember Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman? Jane Seymour of the British Accent playing a western doctor. That always amazed me when I was young, but now I realize for her it was just a different acting accent.

It is so nice to see Dusty acting like herself again (spoiled and opinionated). She has decided, apparently, that she doesn’t like me doing my bits of gentle yoga. For some reason now, she always wants to go out, get fed, or just annoy me every time I try to get any of the videos done. Little brat.

The house finches are taking over the cardinal nest. They’ve already started a nest in the other fern, now they are jumping around in the one the cardinals have been working on. DH is eating his toast and watching them, telling them to get back on their own side of the tracks, lol.

we see the Johnson & Johnson vaccine has been stopped, because of 6 women getting blood clots. I don’t believe we’ve had that vaccine here,just Pfizer and Moderna.

Old 04-13-2021, 04:39 AM   #3812  
Proud Fan Club Member

Whoa! Bird fight at the OK. Corral, lol!!! Three finches fighting over the fern and swooping and diving all over the front porch! What a show to go with our breakfast!

Old 04-13-2021, 04:41 AM   #3813  
Forum Fanatic

I have the house box set but have only watched a few episodes, I like Hugh Laurie but I haven’t heard of the other program.

had my hair cut and highlights done ,feel much tidier, caught up on all the gossip from the hairdresser, ha,ha, well it did take over two hours as the colour took longer to “take” then we went to get the succulents for the garden so that’s looking tidy but a bit bare at the moment.

lovely and sunny but rain again in the next two days.
Old 04-13-2021, 04:45 AM   #3814  
Forum Fanatic

We were watching the seagulls on the beach yesterday while having our coffee and croissants, one landed and attacked three different birds as they passed him, a big bully,

we have to watch the house martins don’t make a nest as they make a mess with all the mud on the walls of the villa, our neighbours had a nest in their awning, they tried to open it and it had baby birds in it.
Old 04-13-2021, 04:48 AM   #3815  
luvstochatchatCHAT

Morning! I have the V and Y cards done and need to get them photographed and uploaded. Catching up again! I hate when I get in non-creative, not waking up early enough ruts. Ugh!!

Old 04-13-2021, 08:30 AM   #3816  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It is sunny with a strong chance of allergies here. Our next door neighbor's house is getting painted and I haven't left for work so the painters asked us to move it from the driveway.

Thank you for praying for Everett, please continue. I asked and he is still fighting for his life in ICU. His SIL told me that he is a fighter. Of course, it is a very hard time for his wife and daughters as well.

Kandie, so sorry to hear about your DH's SIL. Will add her to my prayers. I think it is one thing after another because if we had them all hit at once, we wouldn't be able to handle it. That's my theory anyway.

Shirl, we loved House. Yes, he got away with things that he never would have gotten away with in real life, but we found it entertaining. I think it is also available on Amazon Prime if you have that.

Kathy, House did eventually do some time but nothing like what would have happened in real life.

Talking about accents, it is always so interesting to me to see where an actor is from because yes, they can adapt their accent as needed...some better than others. If you watched Chuck, the actress who played Sarah is Aussie as is Simon Baker. When we watched the Mentalist, there were a few times where Simon slipped with his accent, but not normally.

Kandie, we not only remember Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman, we own the entire series on DVD. DD2 LOVES that show which is why we acquired it. We almost didn't name DD1 Michaela because I didn't want people to think we chose the name because of the show!

I'm glad to hear about Dusty acting herself again. That is such a relief to you, I'm sure! Honey is currently asleep on the couch beside me. She's been out, has some apple in her tummy and she is a happy camper. Poor thing, she isn't that thrilled with her dog food (very bland because of her kidneys). She was eating pumpkin in the mornings and scarfing that down. Apparently, she is tired of pumpkin so I tried fresh apple today and that was a winner.

A fresh hair cut feels so good, Jan.

Rebekah, I can't relate to being creative early in the morning. I'm a night owl personally. In fact, I created my Y card for tomorrow's challenge last night after DH and DD1 were in bed. Now to take photos so I'm ready to go for tomorrow.
Old 04-13-2021, 10:36 AM   #3817  
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, nothing like going to the hairdressers! I am remembering lockdown last spring 2020. I managed but it sure was good when they got to be opened again. I do not want that to happen again. Watching seagulls on the beach with croissants and coffee sounds great. Now, that is making me think of Jerry Seinfeld's Comedian in Cars Getting Coffee, on Netflix, lol.

Kandie Regarding Chance. Hugh Laurie is Eldon Chance and he is a neuro-psychiatrist. It is a crime drama psychological thriller mystery....Let me know when you get hooked on it! Lol! Based on a book by Kem Nunn.

Catherine, nope we do not get Amazon Prime. Disney is the first extra we have paid for..I would like to see John Krasinki in Jack Ryan, on it, but I really do not want to shell out any more moola for tv. as we pay enough already.

Rebekah I hear ya on the creative slump.

Brilliant sunshine here today. We will be walking to pick up House from the library and Anne Lamott's latest book is in that I ordered.

Hugs to all!
Shirl
Old 04-13-2021, 01:03 PM   #3818  
Proud Fan Club Member

I might just like Chance since I'm into crime drama and thrillers. House just said the most ignorant things to his patients and I always felt if a doctor talked to me that way he'd be in major trouble. Although I do admit some of his patients may have deserved it. Even so, his drug addiction would scare me as his patient. Is that what he did some time for?
Old 04-13-2021, 03:43 PM   #3819  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Evening everyone!

Catching up on chatter! So fun to hear about what's going on in all of your backyards and households!

Love the bird fight over breakfast!

I cleaned out the freezer, frig and scanned documents yesterday! Productive day but tired.

Stomach in an uproar today over who knows what I ate. Actually took a nap today!

Yes, doggies are little brats at times, they just want our attention! Ours are big brats at times! But we love them just the same!

Rebekah, you are such a morning person! Not me any more! I was when the kids were young!

Old 04-13-2021, 06:12 PM   #3820  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Waving to you all. Still here. Had our flu shots yesterday. All ok for me. DH isn’t so well today but it usually affects him. Apparently we were the first at our Drs to have it. Last year we couldn’t get in. Waiting for the Covid one...they are doing the over 70s at present.

When I was 21 and in Florence a seagull did it’s business on top of my head and down my tshirt lol. It must have been a big one. I thought someone had thrown a cup of water out of their window lol. A little Italian man came running up to me and said...very good luck. I had to go back to the campsite to shower and change. Funny how some things stick in your head.

my iPad is about to die so I’ll day bye and sending hugs.

Last edited by Ozpom; 04-14-2021 at 02:31 AM..
Old 04-13-2021, 06:34 PM   #3821  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Reminder!!

Tomorrow's letter is "Y" and the theme is YUMMY!!

Keywords: ABC14Y25, ABC14, and your personal keyword if using one!

Enjoy!

One week left of this round and then a week off before the new round begins!!
Old 04-13-2021, 08:39 PM   #3822  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Ann. I have my card made. Will get a photo and post...it's nothing fancy. I recovered a card I made when I first took up card making a few years ago...very basic but it fits the theme. Thanks for all of your hard work. Much appreciated
Old 04-13-2021, 10:32 PM   #3823  
Forum Fanatic

Morning ladies, dull cloudy day today, off for our walk as usual though.

the worst English accent we ever heard and made us cringe was on Frasier when Daphnes family came over for the wedding, two actors were English but the others had the most excruciating accents.

our DIL and her sister in England are going camping in May as it doesn’t look as if they will get to go anywhere else, her sister bought a tent yesterday and our GS wanted to go to the woods to camp, apparently he is very excited.
our son told DIL when he first met her and she wanted to go camping that he wouldn’t ever go camping, he would take her with her tent but he would be staying in a hotel nearby, waving from the window ,Ha,ha,

I already have my Y card finished!!

jayne I hope DH is feeling better, the jab always gets me too, we got a big excited last night as they say that over seventies are starting to be jabbed next Wednesday so we are hoping steve will get a text to go, they seem to be jumping from one age to the next and completely missing out from 65 to 69, that’s me, typical!

Old 04-14-2021, 02:39 AM   #3824  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan I’m not a camper..not in a tent but I don’t mind a motor home or caravan lol. I can’t sleep low on the floor these days. I have trouble getting up lol.

Hope you get called for your jabs. A friend here has just text me to say they’ve had theirs and they are younger than us. We can’t have our Covid ones now for 3 weeks now after having the flu one.

I never liked my accent when living in the UK but now I don’t mind it. DH can’t understand me and my family when we get together lol. I cringe every time I hear an accent with a plum or bag of marbles in it lol.

I did some more scrapping today. Must upload my Y card too. Time for dinner...chicken satay and rice..yum yum. Seems appropriate as the theme is yummy lol
Old 04-14-2021, 05:12 AM   #3825  
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, ladies. Whoops, I forgot the word morning and had to go back and type it in. Must not be awake yet.

Jan, doesn’t it feel so good to get your hair done? I always looked so forward to those appointments. And highlights, too? Better yet!

Catherine, I didn’t know Simon Baker was an Aussie! I LOVE that man.

Shirl, Chance sounds just like a show I would watch, I dearly love action/thriller/mystery shows!

Jayne, YUCK on seagull poop as a hair decoration. And your shirt, too? Eeeeuuuuuuu

The finches and the cardinals were having air battles over the one fern yesterday. DH said maybe the finches were contractors hired to build the nest for the cardinals. I told him he’s been watching too many home improvement shows!

15,000 steps yesterday and then so very tired at the end of the day that I went to bed early. I listened to a meditation video by Depak Chopra on getting relaxed for sleep and then simply crashed. I feel better today.

I’ve been browsing Good Housekeeping, Country Living and other magazines the last couple of evenings, and now have a head full of ideas. DH is threatening to stop all my subscriptions, lol.

Waving hello to everyone!

Old 04-14-2021, 05:21 AM   #3826  
Proud Fan Club Member

Enjoy the day.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-451e1d02-76f6-4e33-a2cd-2d558296170b.jpeg  

Old 04-14-2021, 05:25 AM   #3827  
Forum Fanatic

Kandie that’s beautiful.

yes so good to have my haircut and feel lighter and tidier too, I do not enjoy going really, a waste of two hours but Lynn is really nice and with only being the two of us we had a good natter.

I used to have ideal home mag in England , I loved looking at them, could never afford the prices though but I love stuff like that, I told steve I wish I had been an estate agent so I could visit different houses, he said I should have been a hairdresser to save him money!! LOL

Old 04-14-2021, 05:28 AM   #3828  
Forum Fanatic

Jayne doesn’t it always make you laugh when Brits try to talk posh, my sister used to and it sounds quite hilarious, I hate my accent too. Guess I stuck with it, luckily our boys haven’t got a Nottingham accent,
Old 04-14-2021, 05:38 AM   #3829  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, I had my haircut last week and it’s really short but grows quickly. Yes it does make you laugh when you hear someone put the voice on as we used to say lol. I always used to say actually a lot. I wonder now why I did that. My SIL says I sound so Aussie. We laugh as I definitely don’t and still have my Yorkshire accent. You can’t ever lose it as it’s one of the strongest English accents lol....well except for a Scottish or northumberland one lol.

I've been reading...I’m back into my books. Finished The Seven Sisters series and now reading a thriller called Gone..very easy reads but they get you in.

Kandie I used to buy country home magazines and House & Garden. I loved a UK magazine called Woman & Home and had a subscription for a couple of years to here but it became too expensive. I used to drool over the homes and furniture. I love country homes with verandahs and whitewashed furniture....Hampton style. It’s good to see your daily quotes again..love today’s.

well I’m signing off for the day...have fun everyone
Old 04-14-2021, 07:09 AM   #3830  
Proud Fan Club Member

My hair is still gently falling out, so I’m keeping it buzzed at about an inch. It’s easy to take care of, and no problem if caught in the rain. I used to love getting my hair highlighted. Doesn’t it just make you feel pretty!

We are in northern Indiana but oddly a bit of a southern twang creeps in now and then. Lots of country folk around here, lots of farms, lots of Mennonites and Amish, they are in the stores and craft places, wearing the bonnets and the men the straw hats, and they speak German. Lots of Hispanics, I took Spanish in high school and can say good morning, good afternoon and good evening, and I know my numbers. And thanks to Notre Dame University, lots of every nationality in the form of students, and I enjoy hearing all the different languages. Sometimes it’s like being in the middle of a tiny United Nations, lol. Especially at the grocery store when the students are stocking up their dorms!

But very few Brits and I’ve only met one Aussie. Loved the accents!!!

Old 04-14-2021, 07:29 AM   #3831  
Forum Fanatic

Kandie it must be fascinating to see the Amish in their bonnets, we have lots of different nationalities living here, we know a smattering of German words and odd French words from school! we aren’t fluent Spanish speakers but we can get by,
I’ve been enjoying shopping on my own as I have always left steve to order meat from the butcher but now I can order different cuts of meat and ask for them to cut steaks off the the leg of lamb leaving a smaller piece to roast and I know all the names of the meats. The butcher has got used to us now as we have pork belly as a whole piece to roast where the Spanish slice it, Pancetta they call it, they never sell a joint of beef so we ask for the rib steak cut thicker to roast, they look at me strangely then and ask how I want it cut and I have to tell them no as a whole piece

Old 04-14-2021, 08:08 AM   #3832  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! We had thunder and lightning last night and a bit of drizzle. I'm always concerned when we have lightning because of potential fires. DD1 has already finished her shift today. I'm hoping she gets home before I leave for work. She opened this morning so had to be at work - and functioning - at 4 am.

Lots of chatter, I love it!

Shirl, we have Amazon Prime to save on shipping. It probably works more for DD1 than us as she orders a lot. Prime video is just a side benefit of that for us so I don't look at it as paying more for TV.

Kathy, it has been a while since I watched House so I don't really remember why he did time. I think it was because of his drugs, but I don't remember. His character definitely had no filter!

Ann, I hope you are feeling better today.

Jayne, I had that same seagull experience but in Mexico. I have never heard of it as good luck, I certainly didn't think so that day! We were on a Mexican cruise and in port that day. Friends who have two little girls about the same age as ours found a great cruise deal and talked us into going so all eight of us were at the beach when it happened. It was a kind of grumpy day anyway as things weren't going right. That said, the overall cruise was fabulous, that was just a rocky day.

Jan, I have always heard that Dick Van Dyke's accent in Mary Poppins was considered the worst attempt at a British accent but I'm not sure who was doing the rating. Now you've made me want to watch that episode of Frasier just to check it out.

I did so much camping as a kid with my parents, that I'm good. I don't need to camp anymore! The girls aren't very fond of it either. Poor DH, he would love to go camping and backpacking etc. The girls and I definitely prefer hotels.

Jayne, I hope your DH feels better quickly. As for your accent, I love your accent! (I don't think I've heard yours, Jan.) Jayne, your accent reminds me of a lovely friend of mine (who I haven't seen since Covid). She is Aussie but has lived in India and has been in the US for ages so her accent is mellow. Anyway, your accent reminds me of her.

Kandie, I look lots of things up on IMDB.com. I find it so helpful. I'm sure your DH is thinking seriously about canceling your subscriptions! And what a lovely thought for the day.

I guess I should sign off and head to work. Chat with you later!
Old 04-14-2021, 08:22 AM   #3833  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning! Caught up on chatter, hooray for me! The only thing I am caught up on!

Jayne, I love your accent too! It's so fun to listen to you!

When my relatives come up from Florida, they always tell us here in Wisconsin that we are the ones with accents. I always say no way, not us Wisconsinites!

Kandie, I like the sign too but without the coffee! Never ever have I liked coffee or the smell of it!

Have a great day everyone, off to get some things finished! Laundry, commenting, to name a few!
Old 04-14-2021, 09:04 AM   #3834  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning all! I'm like you, Ann, caught up on reading the chat, but that's about it!

We've been busy the last week cleaning up our speed boat to sell, as we heard on the news that there is a boat shortage. We haven't used it for years, so we took it out on the lake last Sunday and it ran perfectly. I had to laugh when reading about Catherine and the girls not enjoying camping. I love camping and hiking. (No more tents for me, though.) Anyway, we listed our boat on Saturday night and sold it on Monday. Yay!

When I listed the boat for sale on our neighborhood internet site, I saw a 21' camper trailer for sale, so we looked at it right away as it was a great price and #1 brand, Jayco. It was immaculate and we bought it on Monday. So we basically traded a speed boat for a trailer! So excited!

Needless to say, I haven't been crafting and have missed my Alpha sisters. I also have missed checking out everyone's cards! With summer approaching, I'm sure things aren't going to slow down either.

Hugs to all of you!
Old 04-14-2021, 09:37 AM   #3835  
Forum Fanatic

Gracie how lovely to buy a camping trailer, is it one where you pull the tent out and the bedroom is on the trailer? Our friends had one like that. Our sons friend sold his motorboat, he said BOAT stands for break out another thousand! He says they are money pits, I must admit it’s not something we’ve ever wanted although I like going on boat trips.

Old 04-14-2021, 09:40 AM   #3836  
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie that is a cool coffee cup encourager you posted.

Ann, how is your stomach today? You might have already said but I have not finished reading all the chatter yet.

Going for my vaccination in an hour. Hope I don't get any side effects!

Back later,
Shirl
Old 04-14-2021, 09:47 AM   #3837  
Forum Fanatic

Good luck Shirl
Old 04-14-2021, 10:26 AM   #3838  
Proud Fan Club Member

When we bought the new sheets for our new mattress, they were better homes and gardens and included a postcard that I could either get a free subscription or $6 refund I took the cash! And I have another $6 coming since I bought a second set!

We camped all throughout my childhood. In tents, the real roughing it. I didn't mind the tents at all, but I certainly couldn't sleep on the ground now. My brother lives in his camper/trailer because his wife and daughter are both hoarders. You can barely move in their house. So he and the pooch live in his camper trailer! I feel bad for him, he just retired and I don't know how they'll keep up with expenses. His daughter does work but I doubt she helps out with finances and his wife gets disability. She had kidney cancer and had a kidney removed a couple of years ago.

DH visited at his old job and they gave him a case of girl scout cookies! Every year he would order a case of 12 boxes from one of the guys there at work and they knew he was coming in so they bought him a case. Luckily they are cookies I don't like. I picked up my miralax and juice for my colonoscopy prep. Don't need it until May 4th but wanted to have it on hand.
Old 04-14-2021, 10:47 AM   #3839  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy Wednesday.
Rather cold here today...just went for a stroll, which is what I call my slow walking, chilly wind.

If you want to hear a lovely accent, talk to Sabrina.

I'm watching a crazy show on Netflix called Crash Landing on You. It's from South Korea with subtitles. Basically it's Korean Wizard of Oz....it's silly, scary, romantic and funny. Turns out there are South and North Korean accents. Who knew???? And dialects. Man, they speak quickly. I'm addicted to the show.

Speaking of accents, I guess Wisconsinites have not what you'd call an accent, but we definitely have a certain way of saying things. My brother in law is from Des Moines and he has a twang that he tends to accentuate. He likes to talk like Barney from Andy Griffith.

Hope everyone that isn't feeling well is feeling better.

Gracie, is your boat in AZ or WI? Are you in WI yet?

My cure for lack of mojo is to ignore it and do something....anything.

I reconnected with Jeannie (lv2grdn), she lives near my daughter on the west side of WI. She stays in touch with Karen. As we know, Karen is a very upbeat person and doing the best she can. Jeannie and I hope to meet for coffee some time when I head over that way.

I'm sure I missed something.
Old 04-14-2021, 10:54 AM   #3840  
Proud Fan Club Member

I would love to hear Sabrina's accent! On the Walking Dead they had quite a few with accents. I think Andrew Lincoln was from London. I don't believe any were Aussies but can't remember.

The sun is shining. I love that gift from heaven!