Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-28-2021, 05:25 PM   #3641  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 937 Posts

Thanks Shirl. He’s just opened his cards and pressies. We are going out shopping soon...to buy me a top to wear at the footy games lol.
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2021, 05:32 PM   #3642  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

Happy birthday Kelly.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2021, 06:46 PM   #3643  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,912 Likes on 2,181 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkanackView Post
Happy birthday, Kelly!
Jayne, Jayne, Jayne...what more can I say??!!?? I'm sorry that happened. Sometimes 'you know what' just happens.
Got major wind here again. Snowed in northern WI, just a bit.
Guess what I'm doing tomorrow? Hint: I have a colonoscopy on Tuesday.
Hi to everyone else.
Mine is scheduled for May 5th!

We just had major major winds go through. I was sitting on my recliner watching TV when my screen door blew open! I jumped up but couldn't close it. It messed the hinges up. I was standing there holding the door closed and trying to figure out how to get DH up to fix it! If I let go, it probably would have broken completely 9ff the hinges. Finally I grabbed this big rubber band and wrapped it around screen door handle and then close the inside door and wrapped it around that. It held long enough for me to go back to the bedroom and get DH up. He started to come out and his underwear and I said you have to put clothes on! He's back in bed but the winds are still strong.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2021, 07:57 PM   #3644  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I just looked at the technique challenge and it looks like a fun one. For any of you that haven't done your U-gly paper one, it could work great for that.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2021, 09:42 PM   #3645  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,279 Likes on 1,362 Posts

Happy birthday to your DH, Jayne. It is only the 28th here, so hasn't gotten to his birthday yet here.

I haven't been nearly productive enough today...yikes! I got some laundry done and several cards made, but I needed to do so much more.

Sounds like several of you have had quite the weather. Kathy, glad you had a big rubber band handy to help you out! And good thing your DH was home and not at the cabin!

Thanks for the tip on the technique challenge, Melody.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2021, 09:51 PM   #3646  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oops, I meant to drop in the link here to the technique.
sanded embossing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2021, 05:39 AM   #3647  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,503 Likes on 719 Posts

Good morning and happy Monday. Today an auto inspector will come to our home and check over our lease car for a pre-lease-end inspection. It’s hard to believe 42 months have gone by already! DH and I are counting the days: only one more payment and we’re done!

Does anyone else want to join the Clumsy Club? So far we have Gracie (President, Jayne (VP), and me (secretary). Membership is painful and free, lol.

Jayne, happy birthday to your hubby!

Melody, I’m glad to hear your have had little to no after-effects to your shot.

Gracie, I’m on week 2 of Atkins and not sure I like the program. Low-carb but not low-fat. The first week I had lost a pound and some ounces, but the end of this last week I had gained 9 oz! End of week 1 for Fitbit and I’m loving it!

Kathy, I’m so sorry about your new mattress, how miserable not to be able to sleep without pain.

Shirl, Bruce has it going on with this film company paying him for the right to use bits of his property!

Catherine, I will definitely check out Pahla B, thank you for the tip!

Jean, my DH commiserates with you on the colonoscopy, his was two weeks ago.

I’m managing to get in at least 8,000 steps per day now. Amazing when I think that a month ago my phone, which has a step-tracking program, recorded only 784 steps and told me that at 68 I had the activity of an 85-year-old. That’s what really started this whole health ball rolling. I have cleared out all the clutter from the little spare bedroom and am attempting to turn it into a quiet haven for restorative yoga, exercise and meditation. Guess where all the clutter ended up? You got it! The craft room!!!

Speaking of, I need to get moving. I will be getting a buzz from the watch in a few minutes because I don’t have this hour’s steps in yet, lol. Have a wonderful day, ladies, and stay safe.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2021, 06:24 AM   #3648  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Yay, Kandie, you are making progress with your new lifestyle changes! I'm going to get back on track this week...I hope. Hey, thanks for making me President of the Clumsy Club! Ha ha!

I slept on an off yesterday after my second shot but feel fine today. DH was a bit more achy and tired...he had a rough day. Glad that's behind us now!

Jayne, tell Wayne Happy Birthday! I hope you two had a fun day...I'm sure you did!

Catherine, glad you were able to get some cardmaking in! I'm really having withdrawal pains from not crafting lately. LOL

Shirl, I'm glad you got to spend time with Bruce and how cool is it that he gets paid to allow the movie company access to his property.

Well, I have to go to my Monday Craft Group...so hello to all I've missed! Hugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2021, 06:25 AM   #3649  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,984 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Kandie, I believe I have earned membership to the Clumsy Club.

I get my steps most days, but I need to be on some kind of diet,

Melody, yes, I saw the technique challenge and want to do it. I have lots of backgrounds I could use! But first DH and I have eye appointments.

oh, don’t look yourself up on google! It is scary what it knows! Everything! I had looked someone up lat night, and saw so much, I thought I wonder how much was on there about me? Right before going to bed , too. You guessed it, then I couldn’t sleep!

my turn to get dressed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2021, 07:11 AM   #3650  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Sharon that’s scary, I’m not going to look, steve would be traumatised if he thought about as he has a horror of Facebook, Twitter etc, he’s quite obsessed.

Kandie we bought our eldest an Apple Watch, it buzzes him if he sits too long, in the winter he walks around the kitchen some evenings, makes laugh as he does a lot of walking and is on the go all day with our GS but it still tells him he’s sat too long.

im still doing my Zumba, haven’t lost any weight, our youngest is doing the Keto diet, not sure I could give up pasta and rice although I haven’t been eating bread!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2021, 07:17 AM   #3651  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Received 1,411 Likes on 707 Posts

Morning friends! It’s a chilly, windy one here but the sun came out!!

We are easing back into homeschooling this morning, riding the struggle bus a bit, but that’s to be expected!!

DD2 went off to finish out her Senior year of high school in person for the last quarter. I miss her. The energy of the house always shifts when someone isn’t here.

DD1 has two interviews today!! And tomorrow she and I will go thrifting and shopping all afternoon and into the evening likely knowing us!! I can not wait. I LOVE time out and about with my family!

I got an Apple watch in the last few months and love it. We could all be accountable for movement and eating if you would like. A separate post or just on here? I NEED to get in gear. I tried on clothes last week and then ordered some new ones after doing a major purge. My body looks and feels neglected. Yuck. :( So I’m on a mission starting today. I didn’t have my smoothie for breakfast, so I’ll have it for lunch. I gave in to toasted Irish Soda bread and a bowl of Rice Chex with granola and honey and milk....I need to leave dairy alone me thinks and I’ve been very addicted to this bowl of morning goodness...

I know what I need...daily movement, yoga and one small HIT workout. And I need to leave dairy, sugar and most carbs ALONE...
Old 03-29-2021, 07:47 AM   #3652  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,191 Likes on 1,825 Posts

Morning!
Yes, I need to loose weight too! My doctor will yell at me at my next visit! Plus with the wedding coming up, I can't fit into anything! I should be motivated but not so much!

I am having oatmeal this morning for breakfast, no milk, as I am allergic and the allergy just keeps getting worse over the years.

You are right, Rebekah, the winds are horrible this morning! Suppose to be this way all day!

I need to clean up my craft space today! Need to get rid of stuff! And scan other stuff to throw out!

Off to eat my oatmeal...have a great day everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2021, 08:14 AM   #3653  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Hello

Winding down for the last few days here. The boys started on the re-roofing job yesterday, had to replace plywood on the roof, some of the areas that needed cutting of the plywood will be done today. I try to keep the baby out of the way as there are nails in some of the boards. There was a small room added on at some point, so there is a steeper roof under the existing roof....LOL pretty wild!

Hoping the weather calms for those who have rain and wind too!
I aim for 10000 steps a day, and still doing my PT exercises- hip bothers me if I do alot more walking.... Mostly when I lay down to sleep..... Sharon- I hope to be in as good of shape as you are with all of the walking you do!

Catherine-hubby laughed when I described the candle salad.....
Jean- hope your prep goes well- I need to schedule one of those as well. yuck.....
Gracie, Jayne and Kandie- I am going to try to avoid the clumsy club- Sharon too!

Kelly- hope you were well spoiled yesterday! Jayne- HB to Wayne!

Got to get moving to sons house- baby duty calling me : )

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2021, 08:27 AM   #3654  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Sorry some of you are dealing with wind...I am so not a fan of wind - and that was even before the concern of fire danger that it brings to CA.

Today, DD2 should be back doing school but she isn't going to. She is going to meet a couple of friends around noon to hang out. It is such a change when she can arrange these get togethers and get herself there! This means I'll be driving Bingley because we haven't taught her to drive a stick shift and she doesn't feel comfortable in the van so she wants my car, Joy. (The girls have named all of our vehicles. The van is Artie because DD1 named him Art Garfunkel and I told her that was too long but I'd call him Artie.)

Yes, Sharon, the internet knows more than you might think. I have always referred to DD2 as our youngest when making a post on FB and used to refer to DD1 as our oldest but now I use her name as she has her own FB account and she is an adult (not sure why she has it though). I mentioned that to DD2 and found out she would prefer I continue to avoid using her name online, so I will.

Kandie, no offense, but I'm hoping to avoid joining the Clumsy Club. The company sounds fabulous but the bruises...not so much!

Gracie, I'm glad you are all recovered from your shot and off to your crafting day. I hope you get a chance to make cards soon!

Sharon, I hope your eye appointments go well.

Jan, Zumba is so much fun! I used to go to a class and loved it!

Rebekah, Kathy has a thread for getting moving. I was subscribed to it but I think somehow I lost my subscription. Kathy, how do I find it again?

Ann, when is the wedding?

Shelly, glad I could provide a laugh for your DH! Enjoy that baby!

Jayne, happy birthday to your DH. It is the 29th here as I type this.

Off to work for me. Chat with you later.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2021, 03:19 PM   #3655  
Proud Fan Club Member

Took me a while but I found it! I really need to get back to it!

Alpha Challenge Move it Group by muscrat at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2021, 04:18 PM   #3656  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, just know that I am virtually hitting the like button on your post! If only we still had it! I hope it is coming back.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2021, 04:50 PM   #3657  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,716 Likes on 649 Posts

Gracie or Jayne or anyone. I was curious about the mixed media challenge you all do. Just saw Gracie's corrugated Nancy challenge card, but how on earth does one find it listed?

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2021, 06:07 PM   #3658  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, thank you. He had a nice day..so he tells me lol.

Shirl, the challenges are listed under MMJ and also on the MMJ chat thread, both on the first page similar to how the alpha challenges are done. I asked for the thread to be on the home page but no such luck..yet...so you have to go through the same way as for the alpha threads. Here are the links and subscribe. Just have fun.

MMJ Challenges only

MMJ Chat & Post Creations here

get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2021, 06:20 PM   #3659  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdimickView Post
Kathy, just know that I am virtually hitting the like button on your post! If only we still had it! I hope it is coming back.
👍
I made my own like button! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2021, 07:33 PM   #3660  
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Jayne. I still do not see Nancy's one. Gracie said it was March 15th for corrugated cardboard. But anyhoo, I just wanted to peek at it. Just was curious.

Just had one of our lazyboy wing chairs picked up to repair a broken spring. Will be without it for a couple of weeks, but have something else I can sit in for now. The guy said he was booked till July, but figured a couple of weeks for us, I hope, I hope.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2021, 07:39 PM   #3661  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Shirl, on the MMJ challenges, because the challenges are presented by a bunch of us, you need to scroll down to find each one. That's the reason we didn't want chat in that thread, because it's hard to find the challenges when they are mixed in between all the chatter.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2021, 08:28 PM   #3662  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,164 Likes on 498 Posts

What is X-tra? I have no clue what you mean by X-tra?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2021, 08:38 PM   #3663  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Linda, check out post #3609.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2021, 03:08 AM   #3664  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
👍
I made my own like button! LOL
So miss that, but great job improvising!
Old 03-30-2021, 03:11 AM   #3665  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Morning! Kiddos and I ended up having a very fun afternoon/evening yesterday. It was windy, but warm so I headed off to hike at our very nearby little state park. We hiked for over an hour. Little man loved leading the way once we got off the trail to go and explore the huge rock formations! Then last evening, we did our little egg and treasure hunt. So we got lots of movement yesterday!!

This afternoon is thrifting and shopping with DD1.

I overslept this morning, so I need to get going!
Old 03-30-2021, 03:47 AM   #3666  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Shirl, I don’t think Nancy has posted her creation on the MM) thread yet. I can’t see it on the MMJ thread. I saw it in the gallery.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2021, 05:48 AM   #3667  
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning happy Tuesday. Such fun reading this morning.

Sharon, as Gracie is President and therefore, to me, CEO, would you like to be COO or CFO? Or Master-at-Arms, lol, or landscaper, electrician, plumber, construction architect, name your title! Oh, I got it, Chairman of the Board! . Oh yes, and DH says he needs to be KING of the province of Clumsy!

Gosh, Ed is watching the People’s Court, the case is about bedbugs, and now I itch all over!

Jan, I need to look up Apple watches. I don’t know anything about them except I have heard they are marvelous! On my Fitbit I can do 800,000 million steps in an hour and crush the day’s total, but that’s only good for that hour. If I don’t get 250+ by 10 minutes till the next hour, I still get told to get up and move!

Atkins and keto are very similar, from what I’ve read.

Rebekah, how about the Fit Fraternity?

Shelly, same here on the hip issue if I walk too much. When I go to bed, then it just throbs and throbs. And then I have to stink up the room with Icy Hot and the dog snorts all night.

Prez Gracie, YAY for no issues after your first vaccination!

Kathy, here’s to your like button! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2021, 08:04 AM   #3668  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I'm quite tired this morning as I stayed up WAY TOO LATE for the quality of sleep I've been getting lately. This should be an interesting day...yikes!

It looks like our neighbor is getting a new front door, very pretty. It is sitting in their driveway all wrapped up. They've been getting new siding on their house too. I sure hope they aren't fixing it up to sell!

Great improvising with the like button, Kathy!

Sounds like a very fun time, Rebekah!

Kandie, when I first got my Fitbit, I turned off the 250 step reminder...I have now turned it back on. Sometimes at work, I can get so focused on what I'm working on that I lose track of time and that reminder is helpful! I have my Fitbit connected with my iPhone so don't see a need for an Apple watch. Maybe when my Fitbit wears out?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2021, 09:09 AM   #3669  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy Tuesday, ladies.

Haha, Kandie. I don't think you could do 800,000 million steps in an hour even if you were a millipede!

I have a fitbit and have the reminder turned on, because I can very focused (especially when creating) and need that reminder to move. I do not like to exercise, but need to move every now and then, because otherwise I get stiff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2021, 11:18 AM   #3670  
Proud Fan Club Member

Morning all! Just back from getting bloodwork done. Supposed to do it every 3 months, but I took the winter off, lol. Had not done it since Oct. 31st/20...

Few spits of rain out there but I think mostly it will be sunny.

Thanks Jayne for letting me know that Nancy didn't post that challenge.

Rebekah, your outing with the kiddos sounds good.

hugs to all of you!
Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2021, 11:46 AM   #3671  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Afternoon everyone!

It's sunny here but still windy! Heat is off in the house!!

Got one card made today to cover lots of challenges! I love when that happens since I still have lots of cards sitting in a drawer!

Off to do laundry now!

Reminder that next week there is no Alphabet challenge due to it being Easter week!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2021, 02:28 PM   #3672  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Reminder!

Tomorrow's letter is "X" and the theme is X-tra!

Add something X-tra to your card!

Keywords: ABC14X24, ABC14, and your personal keyword if using one!

Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2021, 06:50 PM   #3673  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Morning all. Wow I commented yesterday and missed all the chat. That must have come in whilst I was posting lol.

Kandie I love the Clumsy Club and yep I’m definitely a member and Sharon, yes you too lol. I’d love an Apple Watch but I have a fetish for watches and now I don’t wear my nice watch/es and just my cheap Fitbit as I like to track my steps. Some days I’m lucky if I do 3000. Even at golf I only get to 14000 and it’s a 9km course..crazy. Our DIL1 says her mum can do 28000 steps some days...I don’t think I’m awake that long to get that many in lol.

As for weight...eek..I’ve put 3 kilos on and my clothes know it. I used to do the low carbs diet and that’s how I lost all of my weight. It takes discipline and is very similar to the Keto diet. The past couple of months I’ve started eating gluten free bread and gluten free crackers and boy my hips are showing it. I started again yesterday going off carbs. It’s hard but I have to stick with it...at least until Friday when I’m making platters for the kids and there’s lots of bread and biccies on there with dips. As for the cheeky glass of wine...oh dear.

Jan I used to go to Pilates and then some days do Zumba or the aerobic dance class....I couldn’t keep up with all the ladies. It was so fast paced and then I tore my meniscus and had to have an op lol. I’ve never gone back but I love to dance in my kitchen. I’ve been doing the northern soul shuffle after watching videos. I’m hooked and reminds me of Saturday mornings in my teens dancing to Motown songs. Remember those days?

Catherine, I rarely will post our family names on forums or online. Too much info given to lurkers and could fall into the wrong hands. I’m paranoid about some people from my past finding me...let’s say not nice people. DH won’t go on any social sites. I’ve cut right down on FB this year and it’s been liberating. The kids also don’t like it or me posting photos of the poppets. It’s tricky when posting scrapbook pages so I cover the faces now. Sharon I don’t think there’s much info on Google about me lol but I will recheck.

Rebekah, yes there is already a thread to motivate us all to move. See Kathy’s post earlier.

Shelly, hope your son and DH managed to get the roof done. Enjoy your little poppet.

Time to move and then post my Alpha and MMJ panel. It’s hard waiting lol after creating. Waving and saying hello to everyone and sorry if I’ve missed some chat.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2021, 07:12 PM   #3674  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I feel guilty after reading all the move it posts lol..and so I have my walking gear on and I’m off to step it out and with my music. Thanks for the push ladies. I needed it and then I will come back and post my panel and maybe create. That’s the plan unless it goes pear shaped lol
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2021, 10:10 PM   #3675  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,963 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirlb19View Post
Morning all! Just back from getting bloodwork done. Supposed to do it every 3 months, but I took the winter off, lol. Had not done it since Oct. 31st/20...

Few spits of rain out there but I think mostly it will be sunny.

Thanks Jayne for letting me know that Nancy didn't post that challenge.

Rebekah, your outing with the kiddos sounds good.

hugs to all of you!
Shirl
Shirl,
Nancy did post the Corrugated cardboard challenge. It is Post #86 on the challenge called "MMJ....Messy, Mixed and Joyful (Challenges Only)"
It gets confusing, because there is also chat on this challenge as well as on the posting challenge:
MMJ....Messy, Mixed and Joyful - Chat/Post Creations Here.
I hope this helps.
Nancy's card is called, The Past Is A Dangerous Muse. You can find it in her gallery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2021, 10:45 PM   #3676  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Jayne I used to go to a Saturday morning dance in Nottingham with my friends, we would be thirteen I’m guessing, at the time of the locomotion and the twist, I loved it, I used to go to the local YMCA youth club where we lived, that’s where I met Steve, ha,ha, we would dance to Motown all night, just the girls dancing round our handbags!! Sometimes steve would dance to a slow one with me.
do you remember the Turkey trot, LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2021, 02:45 AM   #3677  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Morning! We had a fun outing yesterday! And I got some clothes!! Yay!

Off to get my J&J vaccine. Glad it’s just the one jab one. I’m skipping my tea and coffee this morning and drinking lots of water to be well hydrated, which I’m hearing is a good thing. I’ll drink some Gatorade later for some electrolytes.

I found a cute old SU penguin set at the Goodwill, Penguin Pals! So cute!!

Off to see if can at least make one card...
Old 03-31-2021, 02:53 AM   #3678  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, I remember those days of dancing around the handbags lol. The Turkey Trot rings a bell. You will have to do a video and share it lol.

Shirl I think I may have confused you about Nancy’s challenge. I thought you were looking for her creation, not the challenge lol. Thanks Gracie for adding the threads...I thought I’d given them.. I’m slack.

Good luck Rebekah. Hope you have no side effects.

I’ve received more happy mail earlier today...that’s two lots this week...thank you Shirl and Shelly for your beautiful cards. I also received a tickle card and gift...feeling spoilt.

Dinner time here and I’m still at 7000 steps...I may have to walk around the kitchen and dining room lol. Have fun everyone

Forgot to add yesterday...DH says thank you for his birthday wishes.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2021, 06:13 AM   #3679  
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, ladies, how is everyone today?

Catherine, I love the reminder on my Fitbit, except for some reason the screen doesn’t always come up. I’ve taken to watching the steps in a different screen off the main one. Apparently I need to shut the watch off and then turn it back on to reset it.

I have my favorite tunes on my phone, and I stick my phone in my pocket and dance all over the house. Yesterday DH walked into the LR while I was dancing my steps and asked me what in the world I was doing, lol. He is SO not into music. I try to keep my heart rate in the Zone, over 98 or something like that, for at least 20 minutes, but I can’t always do it.

Jayne, 28,000 steps? Where in the world does she GO????.

And how did you do on the low-carb diet? I’ve been on it two weeks and am doing all these steps and still see no weight change.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2021, 07:24 AM   #3680  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by jan31View Post
Jayne I used to go to a Saturday morning dance in Nottingham with my friends, we would be thirteen I’m guessing, at the time of the locomotion and the twist, I loved it, I used to go to the local YMCA youth club where we lived, that’s where I met Steve, ha,ha, we would dance to Motown all night, just the girls dancing round our handbags!! Sometimes steve would dance to a slow one with me.
do you remember the Turkey trot, LOL
I'm pretty sure this is NOT the turkey trot, but sure was fun! Lol
https://youtu.be/P40SaunQZXo
Reply With Quote Likes