Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-19-2020, 11:14 AM   #1641  
luvstochatchatCHAT

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jan31Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Apologies Rebekah for calling You Roberta, a senior moment I think, not sure where that name came from! My niece spells her name the same as you, , it’s quite unusual spelt that way in England.

That’s ok!  I’m used to getting called Rachel too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2020, 11:15 AM   #1642  
luvstochatchatCHAT

Quote:

Originally Posted by KemernowForums at Splitcoaststampers
I received this lovely Christmas card from a distant relative.  I don’t know if she made it or bought it at a craft show, but it’s lovely.  Washi tapes, a reindeer die cut, and a wreath die cut.  It’s a terrific layout.

That is so pretty, I might have to CASE it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2020, 11:26 AM   #1643  
luvstochatchatCHAT

I really miss the Like button too.  Goodness.  

Today feels so good to be in the weekend and to be on a two week school break.  I hope to make GOOD use of my time and not waste it.  Not that I want to go, go, go, do, do, do, but I don’t want to just surf social media the whole time!  

Kathy, you all sure did get hit with snow.  I’m originally from the Buffalo, NY area so I miss all the good snowfalls we used to get!!  Here in SW WI, we don’t get the snowy winters as much the last several winters.

Sharon, that is enough on the earthquakes.  Why aren’t we seeing this in the news?  That is so concerning.

Shelly, I so get having the house to yourself lol!!!  I almost have SOMEONE at home these days.  Next fall is sounding very dreamy!!

Oh how I love to read, but it does get me sleepy, especially at night!  I just saw a link to a nice book light that I might get for reading in bed so I don’t disturb DH as much.

I need to go get a few to-dos done and then head to my studio...hopefully. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2020, 12:06 PM   #1644  
luvstochatchatCHAT

I have tendonitis in my ankle, is there a copper something or other to wear on your ankle I wonder?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2020, 12:38 PM   #1645  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 716 Likes on 324 Posts

You name it, they have a copper sleeve for it. Foot, ankle, elbow, hands etc.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2020, 01:32 PM   #1646  
luvstochatchatCHAT

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratForums at Splitcoaststampers
You name it, they have a copper sleeve for it. Foot, ankle, elbow, hands etc.

Awesome, I will check into it.  Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2020, 07:58 PM   #1647  
Forum Fanatic

Received 378 Likes on 164 Posts

Kathy I’m imagining you with your glove like the fish mongers here use to cut fish and descale them, all metal ! 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2020, 04:47 AM   #1648  
Forum Fanatic

Kathy I could do with you here as you are good at precision, after breakfast in the cafe while steve pays I look in the shop window next door, they have some gorgeous Christmas ornaments in the window, I thought I could make some so on the way home I bought a sheet of red and one silver, it’s thin foam with glitter on one side, well I’ve cut them out but the foam doesn’t stick very well so while I was mulling over another way to stick them I tried cutting some Christmas shapes, the snowflakes have come out lovely and poinsettias so at least it won’t be wasted, if I manage to make one I will post it but it’s not looking promising at the moment.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2020, 05:47 AM   #1649  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 310 Likes on 118 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jan31Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Kathy I could do with you here as you are good at precision, after breakfast in the cafe while steve pays I look in the shop window next door, they have some gorgeous Christmas ornaments in the window, I thought I could make some so on the way home I bought a sheet of red and one silver, it’s thin foam with glitter on one side, well I’ve cut them out but the foam doesn’t stick very well so while I was mulling over another way to stick them I tried cutting some Christmas shapes, the snowflakes have come out lovely and poinsettias so at least it won’t be wasted, if I manage to make one I will post it but it’s not looking promising at the moment.

Jan, could you use brads to hold things together?  Or even a couple of stitches?
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2020, 06:55 AM   #1650  
Proud Fan Club Member

Maybe even hot glue or a glue called E6000. Hot glue may melt the foam so try a small section first.

And the copper gloves are simply a tight fabric with copper dots on them. Nothing like you imagined, Jan!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2020, 07:00 AM   #1651  
Proud Fan Club Member

These are basically what I have.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-1608479885472591775685208989600.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2020, 07:28 AM   #1652  
Forum Fanatic

Kathy thanks for the photo, not what I was imagining.hot glue would melt it.

Melody I think your idea of a stitch could be the way forward, I hate sewing, ha,ha, we took the outside cushions off to wash and one of them we had to cut the zip off, steve patiently sewed it back together, he learnt to sew in the army!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2020, 10:37 AM   #1653  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Hello ladies and an early Christmas to you too! This year will definitely be different, but hopefully we can make up for it next year!

So many of you have sent me gorgeous Christmas cards and I sent each of you notes only to find out the notes were not delivered to you. Rats! I am really herky jerky today so probably will not send you a note today, but I am going to try before Christmas. Thank you again because I treasure the cards you make and how talented you are too.

I read some of the notes and each of you of dealing with something so you are still kept in my prayers and good wishes list!!

Welcome to Rebekah too! So nice to have you be part of this great team.

Take care now and hopefully you will hear from me about your gorgeous card before Christmas.

Love and hugs!! ~Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2020, 10:43 AM   #1654  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 577 Likes on 220 Posts

Good morning! It is sunny and lovely here. DH is busy installing a new alternator, DD1 is at work, and DD2 is still asleep (yes, it is almost noon). I have done the first layer on my Christmas ornaments that I'm making as gifts. I'm using the tutorial from last year's Falliday blitz, I think it was.

Kathy, I must have clenched my hands last night while I was sleeping so my hands are sore this morning and I'm wondering if copper gloves would help with that.

We had a lovely time with my brother's family yesterday and I didn't get much done - though I did die cut my snowflakes for the ornaments.

Wow, Sharon, that is crazy how many earthquakes you are experiencing! Has it settled down?

Rebekah, I have never understood the line in the Christmas song "and mom and dad can hardly wait for school to start again" because I have never felt that way. Of course, when I was homeschooling, it was my break from school as well. But when the girls were in conventional school, I loved it when they were on break and wanted break to last longer because they had more time to hang out with the family. 

Jan, I really don't like hand sewing either. Steve sounds like my DH, he can sew as well. He wanted a new suit (back when he was 16 or 17) and couldn't afford to buy one so he asked his mom to sew one for him. She thought that was beyond her sewing capabilities and said no so he did it himself! He said it turned out pretty well, just a little puckering on the top of the sleeves.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2020, 10:44 AM   #1655  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi Karen! Love to see your post here. Hugs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2020, 10:49 AM   #1656  
Forum Fanatic

Karen, it’s so lovely to see you, sending hugs 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2020, 10:53 AM   #1657  
Forum Fanatic

Catherine that’s so clever of your DH, my mum was a seamstress, she could make anything, she ended with her friend making curtains and soft furnishings, I did once make a blind and she was very pleased to see I had tried,I did make all the curtains for the villa but I really don’t enjoy it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2020, 12:08 PM   #1658  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 413 Likes on 195 Posts
Default Hello

Happy Sunday!

Ann, Thanks for the updated list.  Your time and trouble is much appreciated!

Kathy- please be careful shoveling!  Hubby finally broke down and asked for a snow blower, but he's rather shovel unless we get heavy wet snow and lots of it.  The deer meat sounds great- is that plenty for a year's worth of food for you?  I had the same image in my head about Copper gloves as Jan did- thanks for posting a picture of them!

Sharon- good you got away to get your hair trimmed.  I figure I will wait, my hair is long and I can pull it up ir curl it...... but getting harder to color at home.  Maybe I should go gray.....   The earthquakes are still happening?  That is something!  Does anything in your house get shifted or fall off shelves?

Kandie- hope your hubby recovers quickly!  Has he been losing weight?  I am not a fan of water either, and do have some flavorings to put into it.  I only drink water when we are traveling and hiking or walking/exploring away from home. Otherwise- decaf tea. My youngest drinks a gallon of water a day!  Yikes!  (she sweats profusely, so replentishes with water).

Jan- your foam ornaments sound interesting- I need to see them though- cannot visualize them in my head. 

Catherine- want to see your ornament as well- are they the diamond fold ones?  Glad you had a good visit with your brither. Wow- impressed your hubby could sew his own suit!  I love to sew, and smocked dresses for the girls when they were younger and a matching dress for their dolls : )  

Karen- loved your gorgeous card- and nice to see you pop in here!

Linda- thanks for all of the nice comments on my cards!

Katie did come out yesterday, but called a hair salon before her arrival and had a hair appt most of the afternoon.  I went to mass at 5PM, and then we ordered Vietnamese food and carried out and ate at home. 

Working on Christmas cards today again....... then am going to work on organizing a bit in the closet in my craft room.  
Waving hello to all.

Shelly

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2020, 01:00 PM   #1659  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 591 Likes on 290 Posts

Sad day today, my Aunt Mimi passed away.  She was 85 and suffering from cancer.

It was years ago she was a tea potters recipient, when she first took ill.

It mad her day to receive so many cards from SCS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2020, 01:21 PM   #1660  
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, so sorry to hear about your aunt.

As for the deer meat, he's making it into mostly mini bologna sticks and hot dogs. Only had about 22lbs of meat when he finished cutting it up. He saved out some steaks and backstraps for his brother and our youngest son, but we didn't weigh that. 

We finished shoveling but DH is going to stop and look at snowblowers on his way home from work tomorrow. 

I don't feel well. I'm wondering if it was the Chinese food. I got diarea last time we ate from that place. DH seems ok. So it must be my body that has issues. 

He tried to get the possum that was on the front porch but he takes too long getting out there. By the time he was ready, the possum ran down the steps and under the front porch

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2020, 03:43 PM   #1661  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 257 Likes on 119 Posts

Hello , Karen!  Wonderful to see you posting!  I did get your lovely p.m.
Merry Christmas to you!

Opossum under the porch!  Eek!  I may have had deer once, not impressed. LOL

Shelly, we had 7 earthquakes yesterday. Three within 15 minutes. The largest was a 3.7, not big enough to do damage.  You hear a big boom, and you feel a one time shake.  Many are saying the same as I , it feels like a truck hits your house.  Yesterday felt like a war zone with all of them in a couple of hours.  It doesn’t make national news because they keep saying it is normal.  
See if this link takes you to the story.

Sharon ♥♥♥ 

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2020, 06:38 PM   #1662  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 459 Likes on 257 Posts

Hi Karen....yay...so good to see you pop on for a chat.  Thank you for your beautiful card and letters and emails.  I love hearing from you.  Keep pushing through dear friend.  Hugs

Ann, sending hugs...sorry to hear of your Aunt's passing.

Catherine, my SIL sent me a video this morning by Pentatonix and it was the same song that your DD sang...just love it and can't stop listening to it.  What a coincidence.

Jan, look forward to seeing your ornaments.

I made 4 cards and 2 panels last weekend and will finish off 2 cards today.  That's my samples done for challenges coming up.  I'm on a roll and expect to be creating a lot over the next week...what else to do.

I can't remember who mentioned The Queen's Gambit on TV but we watched all episodes over the past 4 days...loved it.  

Time to seize the day......Hi everyone...waving and sending hugs.

get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2020, 08:04 PM   #1663  
Forum Fanatic

Morning, Ann so sorry to hear your aunt has passed away.

Well done Jayne getting all your challenges finished, nice when you are on a roll!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2020, 09:40 PM   #1664  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

It has been a busy, busy day! DD2 was fabulous help doing most of the baking for the neighbors. She made Ginger Snaps and Orange Coconut cookies. I made Scotcheroos and we put a little of all three things on lovely Christmas plates (disposable). While she was busy baking, I was working on Christmas cards to go with them as well as the ornaments for my co-workers. I still need to make three cards for co-workers and finish the ornaments.

Shelly, this is the tutorial I'm doing for the ornaments: https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/antiquedornament/

Jan, in our previous house, I made Roman shades for both girls' rooms. I'll have to look up a photo of the one I made for DD1. She chose WILD fabric! When we moved here, I elected to purchase Roman shades for their rooms!

Ann, so sorry for your loss. Sending you hugs.

Hope you are feeling better by now, Kathy. Sounds like you need to avoid that restaurant.

That is too many earthquakes, Sharon. We had child safety latches on our cabinets when we lived in Southern Cal - just for earthquakes, no little kids there.

Jayne, I love Pentatonix' cover of that song, so excellent! You are on a creativity roll!

I'm hoping my hands feel better tomorrow.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2020, 02:42 AM   #1665  
Forum Fanatic

Catherine that’s the ones I made, Roman blinds, what’s wild fabric? Love to see them..

Sharon that’s scary so many earthquakes! Stay safe.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2020, 02:51 AM   #1666  
luvstochatchatCHAT

Morning!  It’s winter break!  Ahhhh!  Hoping for some fun today and for a quieter morning if the littles will sleep in lol!  I still got up my early time b/c that makes all the difference no matter what day it is!  I’m cleaning up the studio a bit and printed off a digi image...and backed up my digi images to a AD stick just in case.  This ol’ Mac is going to crash someday lol!

Happy Winter Solstice!  I hope to have a little bonfire tonight and play outside with the kids tonight for fun.  We are going to try and make a paper snowflake table runner.  Play some games today and make calzones for lunch.  Hope to see the bright planets tonight.  (I think it’s tonight!)

We love Pentatonix music!  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2020, 02:52 AM   #1667  
luvstochatchatCHAT

Ann, sorry to hear about our aunt.  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2020, 05:28 AM   #1668  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, I just noticed the post about your Aunt.  I am sorry to hear that.  Was she on your mom’s side or your Dad’s.  So sad when we loose that generation.  I am glad you were able to have the tea part for her when you did.

Good morning, everyone!  S/b nicer here today , maybe get up to 60.  

Hello Jayne.  Glad you are able to get some crafting done.

Well, Rebecca, I didn’t get up early.  A little after 7.  DH had told me to sleep in, so I did.

Catherine, I baked pistachio cookies yesterday, just for us!

Kathy , hope you are feeling better.  No fun being sick.

Linda, thank you for the love in my gallery.

My iPad and laptop are giving me grief!  iPad asks for my apple password everyday and then wants me to answer security questions to unlock it. Everyday, sometimes more than once! Ugh!
I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Sharon ♥♥♥ 

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2020, 06:23 AM   #1669  
Proud Fan Club Member

I call 7 early! I like to sleep to 9, but then I stay awake until midnight or 1. 

My middle finger on my left hand locked up again and I had to pull it straight out. Don't know what's going on there. 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2020, 06:38 AM   #1670  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 389 Likes on 173 Posts

Good morning all! So much chat on Sunday!

Linda, thank you for commenting on my gallery! I appreciate it!

Kathy, my husband has that happen. He calls it trigger finger. So annoying, I'm sure!

I hope everyone has a healthy and happy holiday week. HUGS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2020, 06:40 AM   #1671  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, sorry to hear of your Aunt Mimi's passing. I'm glad you requested a tea party for her! That is so special.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2020, 08:30 AM   #1672  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It is sunny out this morning and DD1 has already left for work. I'll be leaving soon. DH has the next two weeks off and DD2 has given herself these two weeks off for Christmas holiday. (Yes, I let DD2 set her school schedule.) I need to catch up on grading during her break so she'll be ready to go when she starts again.

We were able to deliver all but one plate of goodies last night to our neighbors. Yay!

Jan, I'm attaching photos of both of the girls' shades. They picked their wall colors and the fabric for their shades. After I made DD1's shade, it took me a while to have the enthusiasm to make another one! DD1 chose that pink for her walls (I tried to talk her out of it) and then this wild patterned fabric. The name of the pattern was Mod Squad!

Rebekah, it sounds like you have a lot of fun planned for today!

Sharon, I don't think I've ever made pistachio cookies! It sounds like your technology is being very annoying! Do you need to do an iOS update on the iPad? My phone starts making me put in my pin instead of opening with the fingerprint to finally force me to do the software update.

I'm with you, Kathy, 7 is early. But, like you, I'm up late too.

Hugs back to you, Gracie!

Must run to work...yay, me...yes, I'm thankful to have a job.

Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-m-shade.jpg   Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-c-shade.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2020, 09:34 AM   #1673  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 249 Likes on 111 Posts

Good morning everyone!

Karen, so great to see your post. 

Sharon those pistachio cookies sound good! And I think the news should be covering all those earthquakes. Thanks for providing the link. 

Linda, that has been wonderful that you have been commenting on cards! 

Catherine, that is some wild pattern for the Roman shades. But as long as they like it, that is what counts.

Ann, so sorry to hear about your Aunt Mimi.

Kathy, sorry about your chinese food experience. Not fun!

Have to get off the computer and deal with laundry etc. Raining a lot today, but supposed to clear so we can see the Christmas Star tonight. For us it is about 6:45 p.m. they said, and to look southwest to see it. 

Waving hello to everyone!
Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2020, 11:06 AM   #1674  
Forum Fanatic

Catherine I see why you called them wild, mind you it reminds me of a dress I used to have in the sixties that was similar, psychedelic we called it, 

Kathy we go to bed at 9.30 and read until 10pm but we wake up at six, I haven’t slept until 9am since I was a teenager I don’t think, we usually leave home just after eight for our walk
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2020, 11:31 AM   #1675  
Proud Fan Club Member

I hope it clears here so I can see the star too! What a gift that would be! 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2020, 03:22 PM   #1676  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, I am seeing it, I think.  I thought it would be lower,  it what .I am seeing is higher in the sky . Southwest. Bright, but not what I thought it would be.

Sharon ♥♥♥ 

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2020, 03:28 PM   #1677  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 249 Likes on 111 Posts

Well, after I got off the computer and phoned a friend, it started snowing a lot. I think we will not be able to see it tonight where we are.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2020, 03:47 PM   #1678  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 413 Likes on 195 Posts
Default Hello

We are cloudy and it is beginning to rain- sky is dark but all gray (clouds).

Ann- so very sorry for your loss. 

Finished last shopping- did not get any ideas from youngest until Saturday.....   

Girl drama going on- hubby started it- mom in the middle- I am not going to pay attention to it- but will buy female sanitary items just in case they are needed -sounds like maybe they are....LOL

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2020, 03:56 PM   #1679  
Proud Fan Club Member

It is too overcast here. 😂
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2020, 05:32 PM   #1680  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

We followed our neighbors out to the desert, they have a telescope. We got to see Jupiter and it's 4 moons and Saturn and it's rings! From the naked eye, it just looked like one bright star! It was so cool! I'm so glad they invited us! Wow!
Reply With Quote Likes