Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-18-2021, 08:43 AM   #3521  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning! Still!

Will catch up later, power keeps flickering! So many in our area lost power last night.

The winds are so strong, our mailbox just flew over!!

Later everyone!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-18-2021, 08:51 AM   #3522  
Forum Fanatic

Catherine I will tell steve that joke, it’s his sort of joke.
Old 03-18-2021, 08:51 AM   #3523  
Forum Fanatic

It’s absolutely pouring with rain, it’s been cloudy all day, I’ve lit the fire as it was chilly
Old 03-18-2021, 09:21 AM   #3524  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdimickView Post
Melody, I actually keep track of what inks, stamp sets, dies, stencils, embossing folders, etc on Evernote because I can have that on my phone as well to avoid buying duplicates. I was wanting to see the list of distress inks, though, to know how many I don't have! I have printed the list, now just need to take the time to compare my inks to that list.
That's what I meant with the app. It has all his products listed.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Old 03-18-2021, 05:23 PM   #3525  
Proud Fan Club Member

I started getting these strange text messages from my sister's phone. They made no sense and it was a bunch of letters that didn't spell anything. Turns out her grandson (little man) got a hold of her phone and was texting me. I said it's lucky he doesn't know how to order online. She said he has already ordered $400 worth of stuff but luckily he doesn't know how to put the stuff in his cart and checkout! Oh, by the way, he's going to be a big brother in August! His mom got remarried in May of 2020 and her husband adopted him. His bio dad is a deadbeat who gave up rights so he didn't have to pay child support. He has mental health issues, so it's probably for the best.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2021, 05:26 PM   #3526  
Proud Fan Club Member

We got our stimulous money Wednesday so we are finally going mattress shopping. Maybe I will be able to sleep through the night sometime soon!
Old 03-18-2021, 09:55 PM   #3527  
Forum Fanatic

Kathy how is your dad?

our eldest GS once managed to Facetime us, he was about three, his dad went to answer the door and he must have somehow pressed the right button, he was laughing when we popped up on the screen., little monkey, now he has his own phone and rings us.
Old 03-19-2021, 01:52 AM   #3528  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning all,

dark, rainy, snowy and cold day here. I want spring.

Kathy, I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I hope you all get some help.

Last week they started to open a few things, like haidressers and gardencenters.
I got an apointment for a cut on the 31.March.

Sinse the Covid pandemic we changend our eating habits to a more healthy one with lots of vegetables. Vesterday I discovered Buckweatflakes, I made veggieburgers with carots, zuchini and the flakes, so yummy.

Sending big hugs to you all, have a good Friday.

Old 03-19-2021, 04:38 AM   #3529  
luvstochatchatCHAT

Morning! How is it VSN weekend already? I look forward to some socializing this evening!!

We are getting baby chicks this morning. Littles and I will go in this morning when Farm & Fleet opens! Yay!

I have a card partially made for the Teapotter’s challenge.
Old 03-19-2021, 05:46 AM   #3530  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvtostampstampstampView Post
Morning! How is it VSN weekend already? I look forward to some socializing this evening!!

We are getting baby chicks this morning. Littles and I will go in this morning when Farm & Fleet opens! Yay!

I have a card partially made for the Teapotter’s challenge.
Rebecca, do you raise them for the eggs, or meat, or just pets? My brother has laying hens and my sister has pet ducks. Mom and dad had a goat when my sister was little.
Old 03-19-2021, 05:53 AM   #3531  
Proud Fan Club Member

I woke with a stiff neck so I took some ibuprofen and anxiety meds. I take mom to the hospital at 11 then back home so DH and I can go look at mattresses. I pray we find a comfortable one and they have them in stock. Then I will shop for new pillows, and sheets. I will need some new couch pillows too. Our couch and recliner is supposed to be in by the end of the month. I hope they are right.
Old 03-19-2021, 08:44 AM   #3532  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Kathy, how is your dad doing? So happy you got your stimulus so you can shop.

No stimulus for me yet, I keep checking each day. Would like to use it for new flooring!

Catherine, so nice your daughters cook for all of you! My sons do for me too! Or they will say we ordered in so no cooking for you mom!

Not sure I will be able to do VSN! Second shot tomorrow! YUCK!

Later everyone, I am so behind I have not even had breakfast yet!
Old 03-19-2021, 09:30 AM   #3533  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It is another drizzly day here. It really rained hard last night and must have been snowing up in the mountains as they had chain check going for the semis when DH and I were headed home from our date night. Monday is our anniversary - 34 years.

I hope your winds died down, Ann!

Jan, hope Steve enjoyed the joke! So you've been having cold weather too.

Melody, I must have read your post too quickly because I missed the app part of it! I do keep track of my stuff in Evernote, I also do use the Copic app for those.

Kathy, that is funny about your texts from Little Man! Yay for a new mattress, praying you have a successful search!

Dagmar, your veggie burgers sound fabulous. Eating more healthfully is a great way to help your immune system.

Rebekah, what fun to have baby chicks!

I think our stimulus will go into the expensive hot water heater....or Honey's surgery.

By the way, it turns out that the problem with Bingley that we had last week was that it had run out of gas! I guess the gas gauge on him isn't accurate. DH told me that the previous owners told him they would reset the trip meter every time they got gas and, when it got to 300, they would buy more gas. At least it was an easy fix!
Old 03-19-2021, 03:03 PM   #3534  
Proud Fan Club Member

Dad is still at the hospital. The nursing home we requested has accepted him, but the doctor doesn't want to release him until they don't have to have someone sitting with him 24/7. He's hoping Sunday or Monday.

We found a mattress but can't get it until Monday or Wednesday. Having it in stock apparently means they have some at their other location. Which is probably where we ordered the couch and recliner! So they have to bring them down to Milton location. We could have just gone up and picked it up but DH's truck isn't large enough to lay it totally flat so he figured the less miles we have to haul it the better.

Do you remember the Burma shave commercials? There is a house on my route to the hospital and they have burma shave signs up coming and going. The first one says she kissed the hairbrush by mistake she thought it was her husband Jake Burma shave! The other one says Grandpa's beard Was stiff and coarse. And that's what. Caused his. Fifth divorce. So funny!
Old 03-19-2021, 04:59 PM   #3535  
Proud Fan Club Member

I got such a giggle watching GinaK today. She says thanks a lot for whoever gave me that thumbs down before I even got started! Then she laughed and it was funny. She is such a sweetheart. Can't imagine who'd be so hateful to give a thumbs down before a video even starts!
Old 03-19-2021, 06:51 PM   #3536  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

I’m checking in. DH is having a rough time. His brother who is 81 is in the hospital with pancreatitis and gallstones. His granddaughter, who is in her 30s, is in the hospital having heart valves replaced, lumps found in her lungs, and her teeth all being pulled from gum disease from years of drugs. I think his brother will be fine, they are a tough Irish lot, but the granddaughter is another story. I would ask if you could keep the family in prayer. Thanks so much, everyone.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Old 03-19-2021, 10:11 PM   #3537  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Hi ladies,
Dropping in from Colorado. The baby is adorable and I am enjoying every moment! Although, my computer will not turn on..... luckily, hubby has his IPad , I have to figure out how to use it!

Kathy, so very sorry to read about your dad’s injury. Prayers for speedy healing! And, hope the mattress makes you sleep better!

Gracie-enjoy your company!

Catherine & Jan...... your jokes make me smile. My dad was so silly and loved jokes. Today 3/19 was his birthday- St Joseph’s Day, he has been gone 5 years.

Jean, I love embossing too : )

Rebekah how fun to get baby chicks! Do you have many chickens? Hope to you had a great bonfire tonight!

Ann, the wind sounds so bad! Best of luck with shot #2.

Dagmar, yeah for eating healthier. Hope your hubby is well now.

Kandie, prayers for Ed’s brother. Ick, pancreatitis is so painful! Is he a drinker? Also for Granddaughter. How sad : )

Jayne, Sharon , Annette and Rebekah so fun to see you all tonight on Sunday the VSN Zoom. I am going to try Annettes suggestion to try uploading cards from hubby’s IPad..... tomorrow,

Waving hello to all!

Shelly
Old 03-20-2021, 04:42 AM   #3538  
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Shelly. My dad’s birthday was the 17th, St. Patrick’s Day, he’s been gone 8 years. I miss him.

No, DH’s brother is not a drinker, but he loves his fatty foods. He and his wife eat out constantly, usually every day. They have been fretting terrible during Coronavirus because they like to go inside to eat their meals.

Sharon, huge congratulations on being a Dirty Girl!

Old 03-20-2021, 05:22 AM   #3539  
Forum Fanatic

Kandie your poor DH having such worries with family illnesses, thinking of you all.

catherine steve liked the joke but I will probably hear it repeated too many times! Like the Brie joke.

we were watching a program that steve had recorded and it brings up the people in the corner doing sign language, it got to a part when the couple were kissing and he said , did you see that rude sign he made? me being gullible said , really!! In a shocked voice , then I saw his face, I hurt my stomach laughing, now he won’t let me forget it, why do I ever believe him!

shelly we saw on the news that Colorado has had loads of snow, keep safe, pleased to hear you are enjoying family time.
Old 03-20-2021, 08:48 AM   #3540  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hi

Morning all!

Jan, we drove an additional 5 hours to bypass the snow, son lives in a part of Colorado that is more of a desert climate. About 1/3 of the state is desert climate : ) which I did not know until he moved here.

The girls are heading here for the weekend, first time our entire family group is together in a year and a half......

happy to have figured out how to post cards via hubby’s IPad, my computer will not turn on.....

Off to enjoy the day!

Shelly
Old 03-20-2021, 10:23 AM   #3541  
Proud Fan Club Member

Morning all! Totally behind on the chatter but just prayed for you and your family, Kandie.

Shirl
Old 03-21-2021, 05:02 AM   #3542  
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you for prayers.

Old 03-21-2021, 05:45 AM   #3543  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

First, thank you Kandie for your congratulations. Kandie, I am so glad Ed has you as he is dealing with all these family health problems. Said a prayer for you all, just before typing.

Shelly, I think uploading cards from my iPad is easier and quicker for me.
Kathy, still praying for your Dad, you and your mom. I hope the transition from hospital to nursing home goes smooth for everyone.
Rebekah, new chicks for Easter, how perfect!
hi Shirl, Jan, Ann, Jayne, Dagmar, Linda, Catherine, and Melody! And anyone else, I might have missed! Sally, miss you.
my turn for the shower. We have to leave in an hour and half for church and I have to wash my hair. Have to scoot!

Old 03-21-2021, 05:59 AM   #3544  
Proud Fan Club Member

Back when I was little, my parents would buy us baby chicks or bunnies for Easter. I remember they would be dyed easter colors! They certainly don't do that anymore, but they were cute!
Old 03-21-2021, 06:34 AM   #3545  
Forum Fanatic

We never had pets, not sure mum could put up with the mess, we just had chocolate Easter eggs, my grandma and grandad would always buy the small ones in a circle clock box, we once bought Maria who was the secretary of the football club, and her son a massive egg from Thornton’s, she was so excited she took photos for her friends as the Spanish have a bread circle with coloured hard boiled eggs in it, not very exciting for kids I don’t think.
Old 03-21-2021, 09:52 AM   #3546  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann messaged she is sleeping off the vaccine. Very tired and achy, so please keep her in your prayers. She just wanted you know why she isn’t checking in.

Old 03-21-2021, 10:50 AM   #3547  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I didn't have a chance to check in yesterday.

Kandie, so sorry to read about your DH's family health issues. Praying for all of you.

Praying things go well for your dad and mom, Kathy.

Sorry, Jan, hope Steve doesn't drive you too crazy with that joke! I think he has a great time teasing you.

Thanks for the update on Ann, Sharon.

Tomorrow is our 34th anniversary, now I need to see if I can get the day off as DH got the day off - very late on Friday evening which I why I hadn't asked for it off.
Old 03-21-2021, 09:57 PM   #3548  
Forum Fanatic

Catherine congratulations for tomorrow, hope you have a day off so you can spend it together.

ann I hope you are feeling better and all your aches and pains have gone.
Old 03-21-2021, 10:54 PM   #3549  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Duplicate...oops

hi everyone
Old 03-21-2021, 10:55 PM   #3550  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

(((Hugs))). Hope you are feeling better.

congratulations Catherine to you and your DH. Hope you enjoy your special day.

Kandie, how’s DH’s family, and Cathy how is your dad?

Today we went to sculptures by the sea today. Can’t believe that it was over a year ago we were there.

waiting for my gyno to call me...follow up telephone appointment.

waving to you all.
Old 03-22-2021, 05:25 AM   #3551  
Proud Fan Club Member

Took Mom to get her first moderna shot. She kept saying she didn't feel it at all. She was surprised. She expected it to feel like the flu shot. We were first in line. They make you stick around 15 minutes to see how you are doing. My sister had moderna. The other sister had phizer. Both did well. Mom didn't go to the hospital today. They may ship him to the nursing home if they see he can be left alone. Right now they have private aides sitting with him so he doesn't try to get out of bed by himself. But he won't have private aides at the home. Our plan is 30 days in the home while that neck bone heals. After that my sister and niece have volunteered to take shifts at home. He didn't break his neck in the fall, just fractured a small bone. But enough to need a collar.
Old 03-22-2021, 05:34 AM   #3552  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

A lot of stressful stuff happening for some of us....I'm sorry for all that. Sure would be great if Covid stopped being such a stressor, but I'm having to work hard to be optimistic, since some states have cases rising, although that could be the new strains, which are worrisome. Thinking of you all! Business as usual here, thank goodness. Going for coffee with a friend shortly, then back to VSN. Thanks to all who have worked hard on that.
Old 03-22-2021, 06:16 AM   #3553  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!! I'm up and showered!! Hooray!

Yes, I barely felt the shot when it was given and no red spot till the next day. It was about the size of a dime, today it is a bit larger then a quarter and hurts.

Yesterday, I felt all day like I was woken up from a deep sleep! So out of it, eyes watering, upper body aches, chills, and so tired. Better today but still very tired and arm is sore. Almost fell over in the kitchen, son caught me, and of course they restricted me from getting up unless they were right there with me after that one! Sons are wonderful!!

Congrats Catherine on 34 years! Enjoy your day together.

Kandie, sending you big hugs for your family.

Kathy, hugs to you too for your dear dad and mom. So glad your mom was able to get her shot!

I must say it was extremely well done at the clinic for in and out shots. They were so well organized, cleaning every seat after someone was done waiting their 15 minutes, and all were so gracious and welcoming.

Hugs to everyone, if I missed something or someone!
Old 03-22-2021, 06:54 AM   #3554  
luvstochatchatCHAT

Oh my, feel better Anne. My MIL had awful dizziness with her shot. She is feeling stronger day by day.
Old 03-22-2021, 07:00 AM   #3555  
luvstochatchatCHAT

Thinking of you all. Yes, COVID sure keeps us on our toes. My DD1 is the only one so far from our family to get her first dose, she is a intern teacher.

We have spring break and it feels like such a relief. I got up somewhat early, though not 4:30 am. Then I love to doze on the couch after my stamping and quiet time. I dozed, the littles got up. Phebe got herself her own breakfast. Now I’ve just had breakfast with little man. Very relaxing morning. Time to get in gear and get the laundry started and get something out thawing for dinner.

Little chicks are doing well. We already have 11 hens! Each spring we get a few more to keep the egg laying going strong.

Old 03-22-2021, 08:46 AM   #3556  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Poor DH has the day off but, because he found out he had the day off so late on Friday, he hadn't done all the things that he has to do for notifications. He got up early like usual and has been working away. Hopefully he'll be done soon. But, that gave me time to exercise, check in here, and next up is a shower.

Ann, glad you are feeling better.

Praying for all of you. Will chat with you later.
Old 03-22-2021, 09:04 AM   #3557  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy anniversary, Catherine.

Hi everyone.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Old 03-22-2021, 09:53 AM   #3558  
Proud Fan Club Member

They are moving dad to the nursing home today. We are hoping this will be temporary, just while his neck heals. Then hopefully my sister and niece will share duties to care for him if we can get him mobile enough. He's only 144 lbs and 6 foot tall, but it's all dead weight since he can't walk on his own.
Old 03-22-2021, 10:05 AM   #3559  
Forum Fanatic

Happy Anniversary Catherine.

kathy pleased to hear you will help when your dad eventually comes home.
I once had to get steve to the car after treatment where they knocked him out, didn’t give us a wheelchair either, he’s a big man, it was scary trying to hold him up, then he fell asleep all the way home, good job I had driven from there before as it’s an hours drive from home.

Ann pleased to hear you are feeling a little better, that’s my fear as I’m always ill after the flu and always have a sore arm. Thankfully you have your sons around to look after you.
Old 03-22-2021, 10:07 AM   #3560  
Forum Fanatic

Forgot to say, I just read of some of the side effects from the jab, one was losing weight, from all the comments it seems many are hoping for that one LOL