Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-01-2021, 05:09 AM   #3241  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Kathy, I hope you don’t have a huge list this time.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-01-2021, 05:13 AM   #3242  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy Monday. Happy March. 20 degree drop in temps today from yesterday and we've been getting snow flurries.

We had a good time with DS yesterday. DD was social distancing after all the stuff at her apt. Too many interviews with police, etc. The apt. manager's wife has covid, but apparently he's tested negative. I also don't think the police examiner has yet given a final statement whether or not the death was suicide.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Old 03-01-2021, 05:18 AM   #3243  
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, Melody. A 20 degree drop here as well, but we do have sunshine. It is deceptively warm outside; the wind chill is at 20.

Such a terrible event your DD is going through. I hope it is all worked out soon so she can try to move on. So upsetting.

Old 03-01-2021, 05:42 AM   #3244  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning! Yes, sure is chilly here this morning, the winds are whipping around the house!

Kandie, hope all goes well for Ed with the stitches.

Melody, prayers for your daughter.

Catherine, so happy your family is home safe.
Old 03-01-2021, 05:48 AM   #3245  
Proud Fan Club Member

Morning, Ann!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2021, 05:50 AM   #3246  
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, praying the stitch removal goes smoothly this time. Hugs to Ed. I don't think moms list is too long, but I don't need anything so it won't be hard and we can have it all done while they are in the doctor's office.

​​​​​​
Old 03-01-2021, 05:51 AM   #3247  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

She has an apartment lined up for the 1st of April. It's in the same complex as my son - different building. So it will be much nicer than the one she's in. It's a little farther from us, but still not too far and in a nice residential neighborhood instead of right down town, so it should be less noisy and probably safer.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Old 03-01-2021, 08:36 AM   #3248  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It is warm here and my girls are lamenting the fact as they want the cool weather to stay longer. Perhaps it will be back, it is always hard to tell.

Our poor critters were left alone all day yesterday because our neighbor accidentally locked the inside front door and it is a different key than the front security door. She called yesterday morning wondering if there was anything she could do, poor girl! Poor pets too, but they survived and DD1 didn't have as many carpet stains to clean up as I expected. I think Honey slept most of the day, Wesley was quite thankful to be out in the rest of the house.

Kandie, praying Ed's appointment goes/went well (you are several hours ahead of us so it could be over by now). I'm glad you can go in with him now.

Kathy, hope the appointment for your parents goes well and your shopping trip too.

Well, I'm off to work today. DD1 can't work for ten days so she is starting her sewing adventure today. DH didn't know how the roads would be for the trip home so he took today off. He plans to work on the hallway lights today. DD2, of course, doesn't want to do school today. I don't know if she'll take the day off or what. I want to take the day off...but off to work I go.

Chat with you later!
Old 03-01-2021, 06:03 PM   #3249  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Wow, VERY quiet on here today. What is everyone up to?
Old 03-01-2021, 06:05 PM   #3250  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I was thinking the same thing. I worked on my M today and made some mulligatawny soup, but not much else.

Old 03-01-2021, 06:20 PM   #3251  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

So much wonderment in here!

I love Dusty dog and the stolen blanket Kandie, the book is sensational! Easter is right around the corner!

MELODY - that quilt, wow! You are a masterful quilter!

Ann, yay on the vaccine - hope your arm isn't too sore.

Kathy - I did see that on Instagram and I signed up for 10 cards - don't forget the envelopes, too! They asked for those to be included. Such a great cause.

I'm off to shower after taking a 3.5 mile hike this evening - our Florida weather is fantastic!

Waving to EVERYONE!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Old 03-01-2021, 07:14 PM   #3252  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I had a busy day at work and now trying to get caught up on things I didn't get done over the weekend because we were gone. It is definitely a good thing that I made this week's sketch challenge card before I left!
Old 03-02-2021, 06:47 AM   #3253  
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning to all! Kelly, send some of that gorgeous Florida weather northward, could you please? The sun is shining, the snow is almost all melted, but the temp is still in the 20s and the wind is whipping around.

Catherine, one thing is true when we are gone, the chores will wait for us, lol.

DH was a nervous wreck going to the hospital to get his stitches out because of being a bleeder, but it went well and there were no issues. I told him he deserved ice cream (and I wanted some) but he said after the whole head injury mess he’d prefer a shot and a beer, lol. He settled for a chocolate milkshake and I got my ice cream.

I had ordered a complete Graphic 45 kit which came with a blank journal, three sets of papers in notebooks (one plain paper, one lined, and one grid paper) and all the papers pre-cut for the pages, also detailed instructions and photos. I figured it might work as a guide, so to speak. There aren’t as many decorative pages as I had hoped, but some good ideas are there. It arrived yesterday, so I’m going to putter on that for a bit, I have more to do on my Easter journal, and two birthday cards to mail out, plus start assembling Easter cards and treats for the crew here (fun time!). Hopefully that all will be accomplished today (yeah, right), lol.

My DD2 sent me a lovely letter which I received yesterday, and she wrote it with a fountain pen. I had to let her know I also have been using a fountain pen lately to practice my penmanship. Anyway, she informed me my granddaughter will be 16 on her birthday, and I’m thinking, what?, she was just 12 last year! Time sure does fly. Wow.

What is everyone up to today?

Old 03-02-2021, 07:22 AM   #3254  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Haha, Kandie! We skipped last year. Remember? Have fun with your new journals. You sound just like me -- binge on certain type projects till you get nudged in another direction.

It's sunny today, temp is about 30, but 16 mph winds = windchill of 18. Supposed to get up to 40 though. Seesaw weather. I saw my first robin of the year last Friday.

Old 03-02-2021, 07:26 AM   #3255  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!
Yes, Kandie, sun is shinning here too today, but snow mounds are still high. Gone done some but wow this year we sure got a ton of snow!

Catherine, yes chores always wait for us! No little elves when we are away!

Have a good day everyone! I need to get cards out too! I am behind a bit!
Old 03-02-2021, 07:53 AM   #3256  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning Kandie, Melody and Ann! Glad your getting some sunshine and warmer weather.

Kandie, I love all your ambition...you sound like me...big plans and then, I'm lucky if I get a couple things done! Good to have goals! I love those journals!

Well, I'd better get going on my list! Have a great day all you wonderful Alphas!

Old 03-02-2021, 08:44 AM   #3257  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I wish I could send our weather your way, we are supposed to be in the 70s today. I'd be happy to share with you if I could.

I think Honey and Wesley are glad we are home. Wesley has been hanging closer to us than she usually does. She is such a social kitty.

Well, DH's light project didn't go as planned yesterday...why would it?! We have recessed lights in the hallway and we are slowly working our way through the house getting everything in the same finish. He had ordered brushed nickel rings for the existing lights and he was going to install an additional light for a darker area of the hall. The light rings (trim?) he ordered had come in so he decided to take his day off and get that done. Nope, the rings that came in - which said they were brushed nickel on the web when he ordered them, are not brushed nickel. I told him we should just get white ones as then they'll fade into the white ceiling. Anyway, he didn't make any progress because he waited for me to see them when I got home. Best laid plans!

Kandie, I love that Dusty steals the blanket - as Honey is ensconced in a couple of blankets asleep on the couch. Honey doesn't rule the roost but she would like to. She definitely knows what she wants when she wants it!

Your journals are all so lovely. I don't think I'd even begin to know where to begin on one - or on a junk journal for that matter.

Talking about the milkshake reminds me that we took the girls to a Pendleton icon establishment this trip - never have taken them there before. It is called Hal's Hamburgers. It is just a little drive through place. There used to be three ways to order - in their tiny lobby, or on either side of the building because they have a drive through on both sides. I haven't been there in decades but decided to go there before the service. I had forgotten all of their milkshakes! I had a huckleberry milkshake - so tasty - and DD2 had a mango one. They have over 40 flavors. And their veggie burgers are tasty too.

Good luck getting your list done, Gracie!

I'm running behind on getting to work....chat with you later.
Old 03-02-2021, 12:26 PM   #3258  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

REMINDER!!

This weeks letter is "T" and the theme is technique!!

Keywords: ABC14T20, ABC14, and your personal keyword!!

Have fun with this, and pick any technique!!
Old 03-02-2021, 06:39 PM   #3259  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi everyone. It was nice here today and I did my 4 mile walk. Love good weather again. I think 70 is forecast for Thursday. Love it!
Kandie you ask what everyone is up to? I am participating in a scrapbook challenge this month called CalvinBall through ScrapHappy. I hope to get lots of scrapping done. Like Melody said, we go from one thing to another. Junk journals since September, now back to my scrapbooking.

Melody, have you ever done a t-shirt quilt? I did one for our son about 20 years ago. I think that was my last quilt.
Catherine, glad you are home safe, Ann, so glad you are ok after your vaccine.
YAY, Kelly getting a walk. Florida sounds good right now!

hi Gracie, Jan, Jayne, Kathy, Linda, And all the rest of the alphas. Getting ready to head to bed.
g’nite.

Old 03-02-2021, 10:25 PM   #3260  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sharon, no not a t-shirt quilt. We've never been that big on getting t-shirts with stuff printed on them. Only a few, so not enough to make a quilt. My family put together a quilt for my parent's 40th anniversary, with a block representing each member of the family, including spouses and kids. My older brother didn't want to participate, but we wanted his family represented, so I did blocks for each of his family (him, his wife, and 7 kids). I also made the blocks for my parents, plus some extra -- a special anniversary block, and their favorite Bible verses. We were all staying with my parents for the weekend, so we put the quilt together and tied it while there. I did all the sewing. Someone else got to press all the blocks. I don't remember what all the blocks were. I'm sure I have photos somewhere. I know that my block had a crocheted doily on it. Each block also had the person's name and birth date. One of my sisters used some of her husband's ties for his block. They were each unique and the quilt turned out really cool. I think my oldest sister has it.

I have quite a few quilt tops put together, but never layered and finished them. And at least a couple that the tops are partially completed. I'm really bad at getting those done. The most satisfying part of making the quilt is the creative process. I should try to get some of them finished.

Today I worked on my M. I'm getting close to getting that done. After I finished putting on all the music paper, I knew I didn't want to just leave it like that. I wanted some color. So I scribbled blue and turquoise gelatos on and then painted over with gesso wash, so it's kind of mottled, but some of the music print still shows through. Today I told DH I'm kinda liking it and kinda not liking it. I just wasn't sure where to go with it. I thought about just adding some butterflies, but didn't like that. I ended up stamping on it. A kind of spray of blossoms (I guess it's a silhouette) from petal prints. Kinda random stamping all over in ultramarine stazon. I have to say I really liked that. I'm going to add some daisies and butterflies, but still need to punch some leaves. Once those are all glued on, I'll coat it with a glaze to protect it. I'm going to be really happy with it.

OK, this is so not like me. Sorry for the book.

Old 03-03-2021, 06:03 AM   #3261  
Proud Fan Club Member

Melody, wow on all the effort into that M card, I can’t wait to see it!!!

I know I’ve heard of quilts made from flannel shirts, which sounds incredibly warm and comfy. My stepmom gave me my Dad’s favorite flannel shirt after he passed. I’ve held on to it for 7 years, and I recently found a pattern to make a tote bag from a flannel shirt. The buttons and pockets are on the front, which looks so nice, so I believe that’s what I will do with Dad’s shirt.

I was muttering about not being able to find something yesterday and I said “dang it”, and DH started singing this country song, “dang me, dang me, they ought to take a rope and hang me”. We both sang “up from the highest treeeeeeeeee, woman would you weep for me, doot doot doot doot doodoodoodoodoooooo” lol. Neither of us can carry a tune, so I’m glad no one heard us, but sometimes it’s so fun to act silly.

Old 03-03-2021, 06:06 AM   #3262  
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow, ladies, you rock on your cards!

Old 03-03-2021, 06:44 AM   #3263  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning everyone!

Melody, can't wait to see pictures of your project! You are so creative!

Kandie, it's fun to be silly!! My kids usually look at me and say "mom"! But then they laugh!

Need to get lots done today, rearranging items in the house!

Later everyone, have a good day crafting!
Old 03-03-2021, 06:46 AM   #3264  
Proud Fan Club Member

Here is the Easter journal.

Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-4a677b91-72a8-453f-ae32-ac117ae67693.jpg   Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-62bbc6a1-ee8e-4f63-ac5e-4e938a4d00de.jpg   Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-0cb01b40-b817-4bf4-8635-20737a3d83c0.jpg  

Old 03-03-2021, 06:48 AM   #3265  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kandie, that is gorgeous!!
Old 03-03-2021, 07:32 AM   #3266  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by KemernowView Post
Melody, wow on all the effort into that M card, I can’t wait to see it!!!

I know I’ve heard of quilts made from flannel shirts, which sounds incredibly warm and comfy. My stepmom gave me my Dad’s favorite flannel shirt after he passed. I’ve held on to it for 7 years, and I recently found a pattern to make a tote bag from a flannel shirt. The buttons and pockets are on the front, which looks so nice, so I believe that’s what I will do with Dad’s shirt.

I was muttering about not being able to find something yesterday and I said “dang it”, and DH started singing this country song, “dang me, dang me, they ought to take a rope and hang me”. We both sang “up from the highest treeeeeeeeee, woman would you weep for me, doot doot doot doot doodoodoodoodoooooo” lol. Neither of us can carry a tune, so I’m glad no one heard us, but sometimes it’s so fun to act silly.
Thanks a lot Kandie! Now I have that song stuck in my head! LOL I wish I would have been there as I would have joined right in with my tone deaf singing! Such fun! doot doot doot . . .
P.S. LOVE that Easter journal.

Melody, wow you did write a lot yesterday! I enjoyed reading it. I love the process you went through to make your M card! You are so very creative!

Ann, loved your technique cards. I need to get going on mine. I'll be gone all day today, though.

Have a great Hump Day, all!
Old 03-03-2021, 08:25 AM   #3267  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! The girls are still sleeping and, apparently, so are their critters. Honey is fast asleep on the couch and Wesley is still in her room. Sometimes she asks to be let out but she hasn't yet.

Yesterday at work, I was "learning" how to run the sound and also do the Livestream because we have a memorial service on Monday and our tech guys all have jobs that prevent them from coming and doing those things. One of the pastors made it sound so simple, I said, "Yes, show me how and I'll do it." Well, during the training yesterday, I thought, "This is more complicated than I thought!" But it is fun to learn new things. Today I'll transcribe the notes I took and maybe go over and practice and then tomorrow he'll go through it with me again.

Yay for getting more scrapbooking done, Sharon. I need to get back to that but have so many projects ahead of it!

Melody, your M sounds like it is gorgeous! I look forward to seeing photos.

Melody and Kandie, my cousin, whose dad's service I just attended, has a comfort pillow made from her dad's shirt. I think each of her daughters have one too. That is such a cool idea. Your tote sounds like a great idea too, Kandie.

Love it that you and your DH just burst into song, Kandie. That often happens around here, a word or phrase will trigger something and someone will burst out into that song. It is fun!

And your journal is beautiful!

I agree, Ann, it is fun to be silly. We had such a good time on our road trip being silly. DD1 was the DJ with her iPad and she has an eclectic collection of music. It was such fun.

Hi Gracie! What are you up to today?

Well, must run to work. Chat with you later!
Old 03-03-2021, 03:31 PM   #3268  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

You must all be working really hard on various projects...I miss the chatter!
Old 03-03-2021, 05:08 PM   #3269  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdimickView Post
You must all be working really hard on various projects...I miss the chatter!
Hi Catherine! I was helping a friend make gift baskets to sell at our sale for the hospital the end of March. We went to lunch and then played Mahjong all afternoon. I'm tired tonight and just relaxing.

Good luck with operating the sound system and live stream. I'm glad you had a good trip and were able to have some silly fun too!
Old 03-03-2021, 06:38 PM   #3270  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Actually, ladies, the M is not a card, but a big wooden letter M that will hang on the wall. I'm at the glazing stage, which has to be done is sections and I want to do 2 coats... it will be done soon.

Old 03-03-2021, 06:41 PM   #3271  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh, I have to say, last night I worked on how I wanted the daisies to be on the M, but got too tired to do the leaves, so I just left it on the table with the flowers where I wanted them. When I came down this morning, DH had rearranged all the flowers spaced out along the legs of the M (BORING!!!). I was not happy, 'cause I hadn't taken a photo of my layout, so I had to figure it out all over again.

Old 03-03-2021, 07:10 PM   #3272  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I just got back from a Home Depot run with DH. He had ordered new LED recessed lights for our hallway in a brushed nickel finish. What they sent us was definitely NOT brushed nickel. So we returned them and purchased some with white trim. He just installed them and they are fabulous! So nice and bright in the hallway now. He is going to add one additional light in the hallway because DD1 said it needed it.

Melody, I knew you were working on a letter M and so look forward to seeing photos of the finished project. I hope you figured out as wonderful an arrangement of your daisies as you did last night.
Old 03-03-2021, 09:23 PM   #3273  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Hello

Hi ladies,
Catherine, glad you are back and safe- and the animals were well cared for - sorry for the last day getting locked in! The family I grew up in, mom would break into song.... my DD1 is tine deaf, DD2 sings pretty well.... Hubby has no rhythm...not a stitch! LOL

Melodie- your M project sounds interesting- cannot wait to see it!

Gracie- hope the sale makes lots of $$$!

Sharon- I did see a couple of your SB pages here on SCS- how fun!

Kandie- love your Easter/bunny pages. Wonderful! Glad Ed did well with stitches removal.

I had piano today- it is getting fun! Then, Physical Therapy (aka PT=Pain and torture....LOL) making baby steps forward. He gave me some pretty challenging exercises today, and legs felt like Jello for a few hours.
Dinner tonight was shrimp Stir fry- heavy on the veg's, as I was just in to see the doc yesterday- lots and lots of veg's.... Hubby had to have dessert, was not full with the veg's. Pretty funny.

We had a beautiful day here- Hubby and I went out for a walk, so many neighbors out it took us 50 minutes to walk a mile!!! LOL But we got caught up with a couple of neighbors and was a delight to see kids outside playing!

Tonight, I taught Religious Ed- first 15 minutes, 2 of the kids on a cell phone in a car....Volleyball players..... on mom's cell phone. How ridiculous for my class planning...... the class is on Zoom......

We were noting today- not sure if it is like this other places....the snow is melting and the grass under the snow- is green! Not brown like the usual....how does that happen? It is so much better than brown... and lots of birds. we were seeing lots of cranes flying overhead today too!

My friend woke me up todayl- lets get on the web and get you a vaccine.... We are not at the point in my area where under 65 can have a vaccine. I told her that, and she told me to lie and get an appointment. I am not going to do that, feel like I am cutting in line in front of a 90 yr old, or someone with an organ transplant or something.... I will wait! LOL...crazy day! I love my friend, but...wow!

Tomorrow, will get into the craft room and create! I have ideas floating through my head and looking forward to getting them on cardstock!

Hello to all!

Shelly

Old 03-04-2021, 05:01 AM   #3274  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning, all.....I'm not prone to chatting, don't use the phone much, like to chat in person. But I do read what everyone has going on.
Shelly, I hear you about the vegetables. Sigh. Dessert. Sigh. I did gain the Covid poundage. Don't know how that happened. I didn't bake a lot. But I do love bread and donuts.
Just had a good weekend with my twirly girly granddaughters. I did school with them on Monday....wow, I don't know how Liz does it. I was mentally exhausted. They do well with their schoolwork, that wasn't the problem...just the different schedules for groups, snacktime, distractions from their cat and toys, slowing them down so they read everything. It would take me a while to get into the groove and I would need more structure. My daughter's family life is pretty unstructured, which suits them I guess.
Got my first vaccine last month, second is March 13. I'm preparing for not feeling that well, although I don't usually have much reaction from any vaccine. Supposedly WI rollout is going very well but I'm not so sure about that. It was certainly hard to find appointments, much time on the computer. My sister is fairly stressed that her almost 65 year old husband with 5 different health issues can't get the vaccine yet. I appreciate when someone doesn't jump the line. I have family in New Jersey and they are rolling it out much differently...50 somethings getting it already, if you're a caregiver, no matter your age, you get it.
I also have a colonoscopy coming up (routine) and I have to have a covid test beforehand, then quarantine for 72 hours. Joy....
Hello to all you ABCers, I enjoy reading about your lives.
Old 03-04-2021, 07:16 AM   #3275  
Proud Fan Club Member

Good for you Shelly, for not lying. Did you hear about the two women (ages 35 and 45) in Florida who dressed as old women to get their shots? They weren't caught until after they got the first shot, but now they are not being allowed to get the second, so they will have to start over. So self absorbed in themselves to think about the real elderly who should have gotten those two.
Old 03-04-2021, 07:27 AM   #3276  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning Shelly, Kathy, Jean, Melody, Catherine, Ann, Kandie, Sharon, Lynn, Liz, Vickie, Jayne, Jan, Shirl, Linda, Annette, Anne, Kelly...I'm trying to quickly remember all the names! We have so many Alphas now. I'm doing my morning brain exercises! LOL Sorry if I forgot someone.

We have friends coming for lunch (we used to work with the hubby and wife back in Wisconsin) so I'd better get dressed and pick up around here! Lots of messy clutter!
Have a great day!
Old 03-04-2021, 07:27 AM   #3277  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning! Weather is sunny but cool today!

Jean, what health group to you go to? If you are signed up for a "mychart" from either of the large
health groups in the area they are contacting you directly to get the shot.

I just was contacted yesterday by my primary doctors group and it is so easy to go into their site through your "mychart" and set up the appointments for both shots.

Seems they are finally getting really organized with the allocations of shots and targeting all over 65.

Melody, that is horrible that your spouse rearranged your flowers! LOL What ever was he thinking!

Catherine, so happy for you to get new lighting!! The little things sure make a difference in everyday life!
Old 03-04-2021, 08:17 AM   #3278  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! There is a cute dog on the couch beside me and DD1 is out here eating pancakes that she made. Her period costume that she is sewing is coming along...slowly. We'll see if she picks up the pace any now that the cutting parts out piece is done. That made her back hurt since she had to work on the floor (my least favorite part of sewing too).

The new recessed lighting in the hallway is fabulous. It is LED, so less electricity use, and brighter lighting! We can reset the light too so if we want it to be warm tones or daylight tones.

Wow, Shelly, at your friend suggesting you lie to get an appointment. I hear that lots of people are doing that though.

At what level are you with your piano? Inquiring minds want to know!

Agreed, Jean, that chatting is much nicer in person. Unfortunately, with or without Covid, it isn't really possible for this group to chat in person.

Isn't it funny how some families thrive with minimal structure and others need a lot of structure. I'm guessing it is personality related?

Kathy, that is crazy about those women in Florida doing that. I'm glad they were caught.

Wow, Gracie, impressive name recall! Good brain exercises. Enjoy your lunch with friends.

Hi Ann, what are you up to today?
Old 03-04-2021, 08:47 AM   #3279  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

In our family, DH is the structured one -- or should I say the control freak. He chooses which route he takes somewhere based on how many traffic lights he might have to wait for or how long they are. Or when he goes to the grocery store (like 4:00 a.m.) because there aren't too many customers in the store. I'm so laid back - just the opposite of him. I'm the kind of person who will let someone with only a couple items in front of me at the checkout.

Old 03-04-2021, 09:14 AM   #3280  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I'm crafting for a bit then need to bake for sons birthday!