Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-05-2021, 07:30 AM   #2721  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,197 Likes on 1,828 Posts

OMG!! Kandie! Prayers for Ed!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2021, 07:36 AM   #2722  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,503 Likes on 719 Posts

Thank you, Ann. DS1 just stopped by to check on him, which I’m glad about. He is also a former firefighter, just retired last year, which is why I had called him. DH said he was going to go out and clean off the cars in the driveway. DS1 said, I don’t think so. But DH does what he wants. At least he knows we think it’s too soon.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2021, 07:42 AM   #2723  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 457 Likes on 346 Posts

I am so sorry about your husband's fall, Kandie! I hope he heals quickly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2021, 07:50 AM   #2724  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,923 Likes on 2,190 Posts

Oh, Kandie! Hugs to Ed! That would have sent me into a panic!

Love your journals. Now's the time the Big Bite helps because you can punch holes in the center. You don't have that long reach with a cropodile or paper punch.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2021, 07:53 AM   #2725  
Proud Fan Club Member

If you like watercolor, try Wednesdays tutorial. It's fun!

Watercolor Bleed by muscrat at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2021, 07:58 AM   #2726  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,964 Likes on 1,153 Posts

Oh Kandie, I feel Ed's pain. It was Thanksgiving weekend when I ended up in ER getting 13 staples in my head! NO FUN! I hope he behaves himself. He sounds like me, though, just can't sit still. My headache is mild today, but I'm going to try to lay low yet.

Kandie, I love how you've really gotten into journal making! Awesome!!!

Jayne, so happy DH got good news from Dr.

Stay warm and safe everyone. OH yes, congratulations Shelly and Catherine on becoming part of the Sketch design team! Yay
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2021, 08:27 AM   #2727  
Proud Fan Club Member

DH and I are real opposites. He's up early. I sleep in. He likes it warm and keeps turning the thermostat up and I go around turning it back down! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2021, 08:39 AM   #2728  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 3,395 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Oh Kandie, you must have been worried about DH, steve is on blood thinners so I know the problems, just a small scratch can bleed for ages, thank goodness you all took him to be checked.

kathy we are always thankful we have free healthcare, Steve’s pills in SF for ten days were over a thousand dollars, here we pat €6.25 per , my one pack costs €.32 a month.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2021, 08:52 AM   #2729  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,114 Likes on 968 Posts

Good morning. Kandie, so sorry about Ed's fall and injury. My DH would be the same -- anxious to be going. Love all your journals.

Gracie, I've always found that heat on the back of your neck will help get rid of a headache. If you have one of those rice socks that you put in the microwave, or something similar, try it.

Today is cold and windy, and mostly cloudy, but the sun peeked out for a bit, so I took a photo through the window.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-img_3556.jpg  
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2021, 08:57 AM   #2730  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Ironing? I have 2 irons, my good one for when I'm quilting. The other one I use for crafts. I do not iron clothes. My t-shirts are always at least somewhat wrinkled. When DH was working in an office and wore dress shirts, every once in while, he'd buy a 100% cotton shirt. I refused to iron it, so he was either going to do it himself or take it back. If a shirt gets left in the dryer too long and gets wrinkled, I will either run it through the rinse cycle again or spritz it with water and throw it back in the dryer.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2021, 09:19 AM   #2731  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm with you on the ironing Melody! My mom used to make us iron everything, including pillowcases and dad's handkerchiefs.

Thanks for the reminder about the warm rice pack on my neck! I forget about it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2021, 09:32 AM   #2732  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Received 215 Likes on 121 Posts

Just dropping in....I'm at the "crybaby stage!" YEP...full blown stroke this time; it happened this past Tuesday; had to go by ambulance to hospital because husband didn't want to risk trying to get me into the car. This time my face and left arm/hand affected. THANKFULLY, got there in time and the med team took immediate action and my face and arm are feeling lots better. This time they put me on blood thinners Plavix; not crazy about it but I'm going to take a month away from my craftroom.
The nuerologist shared the MRI with us showing the stroke area on my brain...that site wasn't on last week's MRI but clearly on this Tuesday's MRI. So much for the "golden years!"
Thanks for your continued thoughts and prayers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2021, 10:09 AM   #2733  
Proud Fan Club Member

Vickie, you did the most important thing and got there in the time frame that you could be helped! So glad to know you are doing ok now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2021, 10:49 AM   #2734  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,292 Likes on 1,370 Posts

Good morning! It is sunny and warm here (for this time of year). We are supposed to be in the low 60s the next few days.

I finally called yesterday to check on our couch as we have passed the 8 week lead time. It will be 1-2 weeks longer because the manufacturer moved in this time as well (not to mention holidays etc). If I get cracking, perhaps I can have the living room completely painted before then except that I am concentrating on ceilings right now. Next up is the dining room to brighten the room where DH works these days. After painting our entire previous house, I'm kind of over painting but eager to get this place painted now so we'll see what happens.

DH and I had a date last night and ate outside the restaurant at their outdoor seating. The restaurant was only take out so no table service but at least we could sit at the table and eat. I bundled up since I knew we would be eating outside. Then, it was back to Home Depot to walk around and dream. We did pick up a few things to help with painting and they had a 48 ft strand of LED lights that DH purchased and put up on our back eaves as the outside back lighting is totally pathetic. He got them put up last night after we got home but still wants to do something to get them wired into the switch. I told him these date nights are getting expensive! LOL

Kathy, I really need to clean my oven too. I used to have an oven liner in the oven for easier clean up and need to buy one for this house.

With regard to ironing, I immediately take the clothes out of the dryer and fold them so they don't wrinkle in there. If, by some chance, I miss it, I do like Melody and put something damp in and run it a little longer.

Jan, yes they are recessed into the ceiling and we can get LED ones so there isn't the heat issue, thankfully. And yes, we use a dryer for our clothes. I could put a line up in our back yard but we are used to how the dryer finishes our clothes.

You're welcome, Linda, glad it got there and you like it.

Shirl, you and Bruce and family are still in my prayers. Yes, these are difficult times for funerals/memorials.

Oh no, Ann! Our neighbor has his mailbox in a stone pillar, it is VERY sturdy. Ours, on the other hand, would probably fall over if you looked at it wrong! And I agree, I wouldn't put a home owner's claim on that. Of course, out here anyway, you put in a claim and they immediately increase your rates ridiculously. Even though you've been a customer for years without a claim. Insurance is annoying.

Jayne, I know trying to get money back would make my BP go up, especially if the people aren't being helpful, that's why I said that! Praying you have success. And happy for your DH's results. It is good you are both being monitored.

Praying the rains come and put your Australia fires, Jayne. They are so horrible, and those poor displaced families.

Jan, that would be weird to see London like that.

Thank you, Kelly, enjoy your heat wave. Where did you used to live that you had winters? I know when we lived in Southern California, I got tired of the weather and missed four seasons.

Super Bowl, Lynn?! Can you tell I pay NO attention to football? I do, however, know the Chiefs are in the game because I have a co-worker who is a major Chiefs fan. Enjoy the game!

Kathy, hopefully DH's migraines will go away now that he is retired. That is what happened to my mom.

Kandie, I love how you and your brother sing to each other for your birthdays. What fun. As for the book you bought, I'm thinking you probably didn't need it.

Oh my goodness about your DH, Kandie! Head wounds bleed so much anyway and then to have him on blood thinners. What a scary thing to happen. I'm glad DS1 was able to be there to help. My dad took blood thinners and it seemed like if we looked at him wrong he would bleed. Obviously, his humor is in tact even if he is a little grumpy at being still. Having a thick head was a good thing this time! Praying he heals quickly.

Kathy, I want to try Wednesday's tutorial. Hoping I get a chance soon. Funny thing about watercolor, I have it in my head that I need a big block of time to play with watercolor. I don't know why I think that.

Kathy, you made me smile about you and DH being opposites. I can just see you following him around turning the thermostat down! I kind of follow my DH around turning lights off as he often forgets to do that. I've even got the girls so that they will do that too.

Beautiful photo, Melody. Such a lovely, peaceful scene!

Vickie, so sorry about your stroke and thankful you got to the hospital in time. Praying for your continued recovery.

Well, off to accomplish my list...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2021, 11:07 AM   #2735  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3,003 Likes on 1,510 Posts

Oh, my goodness! Kandie, so glad Ed is ok. What it could have been! Glad your DS could come so quickly! Sending prayers and hugs for both of you.

Vickie!! Sending prayers and hugs for you too. Take care, sweet friend!

Ann, sorry about your mailbox. How rude of that snowplow! Was there mail out of it blowing around too?

i didn’t even go to prior page, to see what I missed. Dear friends, please take care..

VSBN24 National Scrapbook Day - Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2021, 11:12 AM   #2736  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,197 Likes on 1,828 Posts

Vickie, hugs to you and I share the same sentiment, happy you got to the doctors in time. You do need to relax and just take it easy!

Bad day here, Iris just threw up three times and full of chunks!! First time in my craft room, all over the carpet, next, on the kitchen flour, and so far another on the kitchen rug! Threw the rug away as it has been washed so many times and the backing is coming off, not worth all the mess in my washer and dryer.

Hope this isn't one of those things that comes in threes, first the mailbox...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2021, 11:59 AM   #2737  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh, Vickie, sending prayers for you.

My dad had a mailbox cemented into a bucket. When we got snow, he'd move it away from the road, so the plows didn't hit it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2021, 12:03 PM   #2738  
Proud Fan Club Member

When I still lived at home many moons ago, we used to spray our clothes with water, roll them up and put them in the freezer! I don't remember why! I will have to ask mom. Anyone else ever do that?

Tomorrow is card class day. Yay!

The lady from cobra emailed. She doesn't have any information yet. She said we could call the carrier and see if things were expedited, but as Catherine mentioned, DH's headaches have dropped off a bit since he retired so he hasn't run out of his shots yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2021, 12:03 PM   #2739  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacyquilterView Post
Oh, Vickie, sending prayers for you.

My dad had a mailbox cemented into a bucket. When we got snow, he'd move it away from the road, so the plows didn't hit it.
I see where you get your creative thinking!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2021, 12:23 PM   #2740  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3,003 Likes on 1,510 Posts

Kathy, yes, i used to sprinkle clothes and roll them up and put them in the refrigerator. I still did that when we got married, over 50 years ago! Our fabrics and irons are better now. I used to spray starch clothes, too. Remember that?

I agree with you Kathy, that is where Melody got her creative thinking. I needed her when I was making a gift box yesterday for cards. The measurements were for 3 1/2 by 5 inch cards for the box. So I made the envelopes for that size and they didn't fit in the box perfectly. LOL What I should have done instead of making smaller cards and envelopes, is make a box that fit regular cards and envelopes. I made it difficult! LOL

Ann, hope no more goes wrong.

VSBN24 National Scrapbook Day - Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2021, 12:46 PM   #2741  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
Kathy, yes, i used to sprinkle clothes and roll them up and put them in the refrigerator. I still did that when we got married, over 50 years ago! Our fabrics and irons are better now. I used to spray starch clothes, too. Remember that?

I agree with you Kathy, that is where Melody got her creative thinking. I needed her when I was making a gift box yesterday for cards. The measurements were for 3 1/2 by 5 inch cards for the box. So I made the envelopes for that size and they didn't fit in the box perfectly. LOL What I should have done instead of making smaller cards and envelopes, is make a box that fit regular cards and envelopes. I made it difficult! LOL

Ann, hope no more goes wrong.
Sharon, do you remember why we put them in the refrigerator? I may have to Google.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2021, 12:46 PM   #2742  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Or, Sharon, you make the box that fits the envelopes rather than the cards.

We had a bottle (maybe from ketchup) with a cork with a sprinkler head on it that fit into the top of the bottle. We'd sprinkle the clothes, roll them up and put them in the laundry basket. They only sat long enough for the whole piece to get dampened and then we'd iron. I've never heard of putting them in the fridge or freezer. Maybe that was to prolong the time period before they needed to be ironed. If they got left in the basket too long, they'd get musty and mildew. I guess the cold temps would keep that from happening. Thankful for permanent press clothes.

You ladies are probably right about my dad. He was a sign painter by trade, but he could make or fix just about anything if he put his mind to it. He's the one that taught me how to make boxes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2021, 12:49 PM   #2743  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Vickie, so sorry to hear about your stroke! Praying for a speedy recovery! What a tough day. Take care!

Sorry about the pups and your mailbox Ann! Hmmm, maybe the cold, snowy weather is #3. We'll hope so!

Melody, I agree with the others, you and your dad are very creative and practical, too! Beautiful snow photo!

Kandie, I hope Ed is feeling better!

Hi Catherine, so glad you got out for date night! We all need to get out now and then!

Sharon, we sprinkled our clothes before ironing, too. I've heard that people put them in the refrigerator, but we didn't. Maybe it was to keep them from drying out before you ironed them. I prefer the dryer method like Catherine said.

Hugs all!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2021, 12:49 PM   #2744  
Proud Fan Club Member

My friend Google says we sprinkled them rolled them up and put them in the refrigerator. They ironed easier and the refrigerator kept them from molding!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2021, 05:12 PM   #2745  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 937 Posts

Kandie so sorry to hear about Ed and good job you got him to emergency quickly. Hope he’s feeling better. Your journals are fantastic. We know who to ask when we want to bind a journal.

Vicky sending hugs and so sorry to hear that you had a stroke. Gosh that would be scary. I remember my Nan having a stroke. It affected her whole left side and she couldn’t talk for weeks. Take care.

Kathy you triggered a memory deep in my sub conscious about my mum putting clothes in the fridge or wad I dreaming it. It rings a bell and helped when ironing.

I’m still bunged up. The kids invited us, masks and all, for morning tea but we declined as I don’t feel like going anywhere today. Hopefully I can post my cards and continue crafting. Take care everyone.

hope your headache has gone Gracie.

happy weekend
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2021, 03:08 AM   #2746  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Received 1,411 Likes on 707 Posts

Morning!

I can’t wait for a few quiet moments to myself this morning when DH and kiddos run grocery errands. And then I have an outing with DD2 in the afternoon. Much needed!

My house feels in good shape from the cleaning and decluttering I’ve done this week. Cleaned off surfaces feel so good!

Off to catch up on our thread here!
Old 02-06-2021, 03:10 AM   #2747  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Quote:

Originally Posted by KemernowView Post
Wednesday morning DH went outside to brush the snow off the cars. He decided to sprinkle some ice melt on the front steps. He slipped on ice and cracked his head on one of the cement steps. He was yelling for me, came into the kitchen looking like someone had split his head with an axe, blood all over his hands, face, head, coat and the floor. He bent over the sink and it was just pouring out, he’s on blood thinner so that didn’t help. I called DS1 frantic and he was here in minutes, helping me rinse DH off, put washrags and towels on his head which just soaked right through. We got gauze patches and elastic bandages on him and DS1 took him to the emergency room, the roads were so icy.

Several hours, a ton of hydrogen peroxide, lots of head scans, and many staples later, I was able to bring him home. That was Wednesday. He is still in pain and has headaches, but no symptoms of concussion have presented themselves. He’s irritable, he’s a runner, and sitting still watching mindless tv drives him crazy! Two days, the doctor said, of doing absolutely nothing. Today DH is counting down the hours! He’s a hardy man, the doctors were shocked he didn’t knock himself out completely. DH said he’s always been a thick head, and there’s nothing inside to hurt anyway, lol.
I’m so sorry to hear this...I hope he is healing well. Men don’t sit tight very well, let alone if they are super active. Goodness. Hang in there...it’s hard for us too.
Old 02-06-2021, 03:12 AM   #2748  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Quote:

Originally Posted by annsforte3View Post
Not our night! Snowplow just took out our mailbox!! Chopped the box right off the post, and sent it flying!

Lots of snow out there!
Dear me. I see one on our road got the chop too. Sheesh!!! They really tore up on our neighbors yard at the end of the road too. New driver maybe??
Old 02-06-2021, 03:14 AM   #2749  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Gracie, I hope you are feeling better. I’ve started getting headaches over my one eye at certain times of the month too. They are awful and almost feel like a type of migraine. Ibuprofen won’t touch it either. So annoying. Jayne, you mentioned the perimenopause, and I do believe that's what this headache is from too. Ugh. I’m 46 so....
Old 02-06-2021, 05:41 AM   #2750  
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning. Guess what we are doing? DH discovered MeTV still has Saturday morning cartoons, so we are watching the Bugs Bunny Show! And laughing at cartoons we watched when we were children! I even recognized one of them, lol.

DH has the compression wrap off his head this morning. He’s getting zingers from the nerves reconnecting, and his head itches like crazy, so it’s healing. We are going to try to wash his hair with baby shampoo. He did go out and use the snowblower on the driveway, which earned him a glare and hands on the hips from me, but he said he’s not an invalid and sat down on the couch and promptly fell asleep. I can’t blame him. I’m a terrible patient myself.

I ordered an ink cartridge from Amazon. I checked two days ago to see where it was delivery-wise, and Amazon said it has been delivered, handed directly to a resident. There was sure no delivery to this house. I filed a claim, but I can’t even leave a message for customer service, everything is automated. I had to go out to Office Depot office supply store and buy another cartridge because I’m out of ink. Not too happy with Amazon right now.

Vicky, I’m so sorry to hear of your health problems! Please keep us updated. Keeping you in thoughts and prayers.

Gracie, are you feeling any better today?

Our temp is the coldest yet this winter, 7 degrees with a windchill of -10. We are supposed to have temps the lowest since 1978. It’s going to be a good week to stay inside! (And craft!)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2021, 07:21 AM   #2751  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning Kandie, yes, I'm feeling better finally. I slept 9 hours last night and only got up once! I'm a bit stuffy still but no headache. YAY! Wow, it's sure cold back in the Midwest! Stay warm and craft ladies!

Hi Rebekah. I'm glad you got the morning to yourself, especially since you've cleaned and decluttered this week. Such a good feeling. You are a youngster...46! The prime of your life and fun times with the children, but exhausting too. Enjoy your day and date with DD2.

I just got up and was checking in and reading emails...so I'll carry on before this day is over!

Have a GREAT Weekend all! Stay warm for those of you with that freezing cold weather!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2021, 08:00 AM   #2752  
Stazon Splitcoast

Vicki, so sorry to hear you had a stroke, good that you got help quickly , sending hugs for a speedy recovery, take care.

you all reminded me talking of putting clothes in the freezer, when mum would hang the washing outside and it froze she would bring them in and stand them up in the kitchen, it used to make us laugh seeing dads shirt standing upon its own.

I got carried away looking at old photos on a disc I made years ago, I’m going to copy it to add to the journals, my computer is going in for a clean up on Monday, it stressed me when steve told me as I use it every day, I asked him how long it would take, he thought it was funny I couldn’t cope without it for a couple of days!

we woke up to red dust everywhere, it blows from the Sahara desert, such a mess, I was baking so poor steve hosed all the tiles down on his own, I did the rest,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2021, 12:51 PM   #2753  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Really cold here today. This morning when I got up, it was 1; now it's 8. Going down to -12 tonight.

Since DS wasn't available this weekend, we switched days and had DD over for lunch today. I made lasagna, burnt garlic bread (oops), and creme brulee. DH made his own stuff, because he eats low carbs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2021, 03:48 PM   #2754  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 457 Likes on 346 Posts

Praying for you this evening, Vickie! I hope you are feeling better and stronger. So thankful you got to the hospital so quickly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2021, 06:59 PM   #2755  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan, I remember the shirts standing up in their own after taking them off the line lol.

it’s drizzling here. We had some rain and lots of wind during the night but now a fine drizzle. I went and did weeding in it. Was wonderful.

Kandie, my sinus are better today. I took meds and have been using my nasal spray. how’s yours?

I did some creating yesterday but nothing worked or came out right. Today is another day. Have fun whatever your plans.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2021, 10:34 PM   #2756  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,014 Likes on 868 Posts
Default Hi

Waving hello to all!

Vicki- prayers for healing headed your way! Scary- but so thankful to hear you got to the hospital in time for the clot buster meds!

Kandie- prayers you hubby heals quickly and takes it easy enough to not cause headaches and all!

My hubby hit his head pretty hard today on the ceiling in the basement- he practices baseball hitting and fielding down there..... he has a big scrape- but not deep enough for stitches.

I am healing from a nice chop job on 2 of my fingers from knives I got for Christmas- guess the ones I was used to using were pretty dull....LOL

I do not remember putting clothes in the refridge. With 7 kids and dad who wore a suit everyday, mom would pay for ironing, 10 cents a shirt, so I remember ironing quite a bit...... Mom was very organized and had containers for each of us that our folded clothes went into... I did alot of laundry, as then I was out of site of others in the family and could study/read in peace : )

Rebekah- fun to see you as GDT on the Free 4 all challenge!

we are having the cold weather as well- 12 here today and wind chill -2........ my hubby thought it was beautiful and wanted me to go for a walk with him, NOT! We did get out to go to church, and then ran into the grocery store quickly.

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2021, 11:17 PM   #2757  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Rebekah I forgot to congratulate you too. Awesome that you are on the F4A team. Happy date nights. Whoohoo

I did some craft. I started another card and boy squeezing some product out of a container was hard going...so I came to rest lol. I’m thinking about going back to do more but that’s as far as it’s gone. It’s such a cool lazy day here. One of those days where you just want to curl up with a book or sleep.

ive also been looking at Stamping Up..gosh 3 ladies may have enabled me this week...Sharon was one and she doesn’t know it...lol.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2021, 04:54 AM   #2758  
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow is it cold outside. Seven degrees with -6 windchill. Dusty goes on her pad on the front porch and it’s frozen before I can get it changed to a fresh pad.

Gracie, I’m so glad you finally got some rest.

Rebekah, after all that decluttering you deserve some me time! And congrats on F4A!

Jan, my mom would mist the wrinkled clean clothes into a clothes bag and put them into the fridge for me to iron as part of my chores. But if I didn’t get them done quickly they would get moldy and she’d have to wash them again. And did I ever laugh at the image of a frozen shirt standing up on its own!

Jayne, I cannot breathe, my head is so stuffed up. Our humidifier is set as high as it will go, but the furnace is running constantly. How are you today?

Shelly, knife cuts, OUCH. Gosh I can feel them from here! Fingers are such a bad place, they are constantly bumped.

I washed DH’s hair last evening, very carefully. His hair is still matted over the injury but a lot of the mess came clean. I took a picture of the back of his head so he could see it. He was shocked, then he said, well you know me, when I do something, I do it up right!

oh, by the way, I caught a sock break-out again last night. One made it past the barriers but the other one got caught by the guards at the gate, lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-dc920def-1c53-4ec7-8672-76ee5fc88f52.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2021, 05:30 AM   #2759  
Proud Fan Club Member

Shelly, didn't you cut yourself with a knife before? I don't think my knives are that sharp, luckily, or I'd probably be in trouble!

The snow started here after daybreak. I've been awake a long time but only crawled out of bed at 9. DH is making french toast. I cannot eat when I first get up but he's been up since 6. So I'll force myself to eat one piece.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2021, 07:29 AM   #2760  
Stazon Splitcoast

Spoke to our gS in England this afternoon, he was in the garden getting a jug of snow, he had put an animal inside the ice and put it into the freezer so he could excavate it later! He then had to get it out to show us how to do it, he said Nan you will have to try this, his dad had to explain we don’t have snow in Spain.
Reply With Quote Likes