Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-03-2021, 04:55 PM   #2681  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! I finally got home - about time! I didn't sleep well last night so had a hard time getting up which is why I was running late.

Jan, I have wished that we had a robo vac if for no other reason than to see how Wesley would react to it! I'm sure she would adjust but the initial encounter could be quite entertaining.

Sounds like you had a fun time on your date, Rebekah. That is fabulous!

Jayne, I bet you have a great time doing art via FaceTime with your poppets. What fun you must all have. Praying that the fires are put out soon.

Jan, your son sounds like my DH. He is really going stir crazy. It has been almost a year that he has been working from home. Needless to say, if we need to make a quick trip to town, we usually ask if he wants to do it just to get out of the house. I hope your son's appointment went well and resulted in a sale.

Gracie, so sorry you are fighting headaches. That sucks! Praying the headache leaves rapidly.

Oh my, Anne, you reminded me of a group of people I used to work with - some very talented musicians among them - and they would sing LOUDLY and OFF KEY for anyone's birthday! It was painful...and funny. Loved your DH's humor regarding shenanigans!

Kathy, I had to go in to my credit union today as I had a check that I couldn't deposit online (like almost all the checks I get). I thought of you because in the front area of that strip mall is a Dunkin'. I think it might be the only one in this area but whenever I see it, I think of you.

Hmmm, Melody, it doesn't save on electricity, that's for sure!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-03-2021, 05:05 PM   #2682  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Gracie sorry to hear that you’ve had a headache for a few days. Hope it goes soon. Pre menopause I used to get headaches for 3 days straight through one eye and down one side of my face. Was no fun every month. They only started in my 40s as did everything else that started to get worse...doh!

My head and ear pain was due to my sinus that are totally blocked today. It’s a way of life for me unfortunately.

Kathy, thanks for the tip but where is it lol? I can’t find an auto save feature. I don’t go to advanced when I type and do quick reply and I don’t know what I did but it all disappeared.

Anne, we always sing to family...badly..lol. I shall check your card out.

waving to everyone.
Old 02-03-2021, 05:51 PM   #2683  
Proud Fan Club Member

Autosave is an automatic feature. You will see the words autosaved show up at the bottom of your reply box. It shows up about every 5 seconds. I closed this box on purpose and came back in and at the bottom left in the box you can see the words restore autosaved content! I've done it twice and each time it saved it right where I left off! Here's what I did. I started to type a reply. Then I just left the thread. then I came back into the thread and clicked on the reply box again and that's when I saw the words restore autosaved content. Just give it a practice try.
Old 02-03-2021, 05:56 PM   #2684  
Proud Fan Club Member

DH got his first retirement check deposited today! Then the social security check should be deposited on the 24th. We couldn't live on social security so I'm grateful he had a great retirement plan. We're not rich but will be living as we had while he was working. And he doesn't have the stress. Tomorrow he is cleaning my oven! I sprayed it tonight. He needs to keep busy and he's an early riser. I stay up late and sleep in. It will take some adjustments but I like the help with cooking and dishes!
Old 02-03-2021, 06:15 PM   #2685  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Kathy. I’ll give it a go.

Glad you guys are getting into a routine. My DH is currently doing the ironing. I do not like ironing. We make a list of jobs and tick them off as we do them..either together or separately. You find your groove. We both have hobbies so we aren’t under each other’s feet all day. Glad your finances are good for retirement too. That reduces a lot of stress. We still do an annual budget just to make sure we are on track each year. Enjoy this part of your journey. We love it.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2021, 06:18 PM   #2686  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ok..I’m doing something wrong. I typed test, then went out of the thread. Clicked on the auto save and it puts in my last post I typed. What am I doing wrong? Good feature though and thanks for the tip Kathy.
Old 02-03-2021, 06:23 PM   #2687  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Ha, Jayne, you probably didn't type enough to get to the point where it saved it.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Old 02-03-2021, 06:42 PM   #2688  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ok...thanks Melody.

Sleep well everyone
Old 02-03-2021, 09:00 PM   #2689  
Forum Fanatic

We both have our own jobs and some we do together, Jayne I wish I could get steve to do the ironing, I hate it! He’s good at ironing being in the army he had to be perfect but I must admit there’s not much to iron at the moment.

steve is the one who checks the accounts, English and Spanish, we have to transfer money across from England every month, the bank transfer it but steve likes to keep a eye on it, I put all the shopping receipts aside and when the statements arrive he checks them, I think it’s so complicated getting in them, all those passwords, every so often he shows me, just in case!
Old 02-03-2021, 09:11 PM   #2690  
Forum Fanatic

Catherine I haven’t heard from our son yet, sometimes it takes a while before he gets the go ahead as he’s a lighting design engineer so he usually has quite a few visits before they decide on which lights to use on a project etc. He did one project that was on the T.v programme grand designs, we were hoping to see him on TV , he also did some projects at the National Portrait Gallery, The History and Science Museum in London, and Buckingham Palace, outside though!

Old 02-04-2021, 01:23 AM   #2691  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan I pay all the bills but DH does our finance spreadsheets, budgets, shares and papers for our tax returns. I wouldn't want him to see our credit card statement or my personal bank account and where I spend it *wink* although he tells me he knows I'm bankrupting us with all the stash that is brought into the house lol.

Well my day has been one of the most frustrating plus I have done nothing but sneeze and blow my nose and hope I'm not getting a cold. Not sure where I would have picked that up from if I am.

It's been a day of frustrations with calls to the Bank and numerous emails back and forth with Booking.com and also Emirates. I think I may have finally sent Emirates the info and they are saying they will refund us. As for Booking.com....mmmm....one establishment in Spain has agreed to refund us but how we will get the monies back when all was paid to our hacked credit card I don't know. I am reluctant to hand out my new info. Booking.com say that the other 2 were too late in being cancelled which is absolutely ridiculous as we cancelled them before May and when covid19 started. They also said some other BS which related to not meeting the policy although they were booked exactly as the one they have agreed to refund. I am not one to let things go and will persist but boy oh boy what a day of frustration and paperwork and typing until there is steam coming out of my hands and my nose LOL. I think this calls for a drink...so on that note. I hope you have a frustration free day.
Old 02-04-2021, 01:23 AM   #2692  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan we watch Grand Designs every week...would have loved to have known which project your son worked on.
Old 02-04-2021, 02:34 AM   #2693  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Congratulations to Catherine and Shelly who are on the sketch design team..awesome. Whoohoo
Old 02-04-2021, 03:08 AM   #2694  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Has anyone used Stamperia moulds? I watched a video on how to use them and used texture paste and it didn’t work. I think I need their paste. I did end up with a few bits that can be used in future MM projects but disappointing as I thought I’d spread a lot of paste.
Old 02-04-2021, 04:58 AM   #2695  
Forum Fanatic

Jayne it was one in Lewes, he said that Kevin looks like he spends a lot of time there but in reality not that much, doesn’t stay long either, maybe he does on some more than others, I’m not sure how much of the lighting was his project but he wasn’t on the program, he saved it to show us but obviously lights aren’t featured too much on the final part, not exciting enough, ha,ha , our son thinks they are!
we have some garden lights that he bought us as he said they should wash up the wall, LOL
we watch the Aussie one too, some people certainly have money, they always do them on a steep hill or on a remote island, bringing stuff in by plane, I guess it wouldn’t be so interesting if was normal.

Old 02-04-2021, 05:06 AM   #2696  
Forum Fanatic

Jayne, Good news about your flights but don’t let Booking.com get away with it, they wouldn’t help me either, I eventually had an argument with the hotel, they were closed when you were coming over, Australia was closed too, they shouldn’t be allowed to get away with it, tell them you will put reviews on their site about how they treat customers. Ha,ha

we walked and shopped so I only had an hour crafting, steve enquired about buying me a laptop to replace my computer but now we are wondering if it’s a good idea after all the advice she gave us! Got complicated as laptops apparently don’t have such big memories so I would need an external hard drive to run my printer, cricut and scanner.
Old 02-04-2021, 06:54 AM   #2697  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Wow, fight with them Jayne! Get your money back! Really ridiculous!

We are expecting a winter storm with 4 to 6 inches of snow! Fun! Haven't had this large of snowbanks in some time!

Congrats to Shelly and Catherine on being on the sketch team!! Hooray! Alphas rock!
Old 02-04-2021, 08:33 AM   #2698  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning from sunny Northern California! I certainly hope we have more winter like weather headed our way, but for now it is clear skies and sunshine.

Jayne, what a frustrating day....and with a stuffed up head too. I'm so sorry. Yes, keep at them, they shouldn't get away with it...but protect your blood pressure!

Jayne and Jan...ironing?!!! People still do that? (much incredulousness in my voice). The last time my iron was out of its box (yes, we keep it in the box it came home from the store in), was to iron card stock with an embossed piece of waxed paper between the sheets of card stock. Yes, our iron is used more often for crafting than anything else - and not often for that either! As for when ironing needed to be done, DH did his own shirts because I wasn't precise enough with the iron for him.

Jan, a light design engineer? That is cool, I could have used his expertise when we were replacing the light in our kitchen. I like what we did but we really should have gone with canned lights. I took pity on DH as he wasn't looking like he wanted to do canned lights - even though he totally knows how.

Thank you for the congrats to being on the sketch team. Now you know why I had my P card already done! Ha! Thankfully, I am simply a sample maker, I don't design the sketches!

Well, I had an excellent night's sleep (so much better than the previous night's), now to head to work and figure out what I did wrong in the spread sheet! Chat with you later!

Old 02-04-2021, 08:42 AM   #2699  
Proud Fan Club Member

I had my iron out a few months ago to iron some new drapes. Before that I had it out for crafting, like Catherine said.

I sprayed my oven last night and DH cleaned it this morning! He gets up so much earlier than I do. He said it was quite a hard job. I said that's why I wanted it done. I knew it was really looking horrible in there. We went to a few different grocery stores to pick up some items that were on sale this week. At one store, everything I wanted was on empty shelves. We did best at the grocery store uptown. But I wanted to go to Weis markets because I like their Weis brand of Honey nut Cheerios better than the brand name. He just left for the cabin. He had a few chores to do there and then he needs to run by the drugstore to pick up a prescription and the library to pick up a movie I had on reserve. I just realized a week ago I could go online and look for specific stuff and reserve it. Last week I reserved The Terminal after hearing of the report of the man who lived in a terminal for three months because he was afraid to go home because of covid-19 increases in his home country. A couple of weeks ago the library emailed me telling me my card was up for renewal and I could call. So I called and renewed it over the phone. Yesterday I reserved Ford vs Ferrari. I really have no interest in that movie but he wanted to watch it again. I think he saw it in the theater with my son.
Old 02-04-2021, 09:38 AM   #2700  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everybody. Jayne, have you tried an air dry paper clay in your molds? This looks like a good recipe. School glue is your basic white glue or PVA glue (in case you can't get said product where you are).
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Old 02-04-2021, 09:50 AM   #2701  
Forum Fanatic

Catherine by canned lights do you mean the ones recessed in The ceiling, we have those in the conservatory, our son bought them for us,the trouble is they get so hot in summer we use a lamp to stop them heating us up. The lights his company use are very expensive, he’s been buying some for their house every pay day!

I iron my pillowcases and duvet covers and some clothes, do you all use tumble dryers? Where our son lives in S.F they where they lived before they wasn’t allowed to dry washing outside, I used to be shocked that they didn’t iron clothes as some really need ironing, I used to do it when I was over there, I always dry everything on the line on the roof so most things blow so well they don’t need ironing. My mum ironed knickers and even socks!
Old 02-04-2021, 09:53 AM   #2702  
Forum Fanatic

Jayne air dry clay is cheap from Amazon, I bought some, unfortunately I ordered terracotta by mistake instead of white!
Old 02-04-2021, 12:39 PM   #2703  
Stazon Splitcoast

Catherine I love pink Ice cream truck for my birthday card. Thank you it is very cute. Linda
Old 02-04-2021, 02:05 PM   #2704  
Proud Fan Club Member

Ironing? I put it off as long as I can. And I used to iron pillow cases but don't anymore. Horrors I know, lol. I used to iron a lot of things that I don't anymore. Ha, they match the wrinkles in my face, lol... Jan, I know, lol, it is hard to get used to seeing the younger crowd wearing wrinkled clothes. I saw it first in my step son's generation. (He just turned 44.)

Thanks for your prayers for Bruce and us. He phoned today, to let us know there will be a viewing on Sat. at 1p.m. They can have up to 10 people and the usual wearing masks and social distancing. I cannot stand that we can't hug. Covid is the worst.

Gracie, I just pm'd you. I am sorry about those headaches. Prayed for you already.

I am behind in the chatter so will go back and read.

Shirl
Old 02-04-2021, 03:32 PM   #2705  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Not our night! Snowplow just took out our mailbox!! Chopped the box right off the post, and sent it flying!

Lots of snow out there!
Old 02-04-2021, 03:43 PM   #2706  
Proud Fan Club Member

oh Ann, that's horrible. I just said to DH I wonder who has to pay for the snow plows mistakes. I saw mailboxes by the road today.
Old 02-04-2021, 03:45 PM   #2707  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yes, and the village has a $35 limit that they will pay to replace it! Not enough to cover it.
Old 02-04-2021, 04:01 PM   #2708  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ann

Have you heard from Dani. I was wondering how she is doing? I have heard the ladies talk about her much. and I was thinking about her. Thanks, Linda
Old 02-04-2021, 04:03 PM   #2709  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Linda, sorry no word from Dani/Dawn.
Old 02-04-2021, 04:11 PM   #2710  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Ann, will your home owner's insurance cover that?

Old 02-04-2021, 04:24 PM   #2711  
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay I hope everyone else has forgot them?
Old 02-04-2021, 04:34 PM   #2712  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

For a small amount like that, Melody, I would not even put in a claim.
Old 02-04-2021, 06:06 PM   #2713  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Melody for the recipe. Good to have an alternative. I haven’t seen air clay used with these moulds just texture paste, gesso and also Stamperia’s own paste. I used texture paste but it didn’t work. I may have to buy the Stamperia brand which I didn’t want to have to do given I’ve got other pastes. I’ll watch the videos again and see what I did wrong.

Ann I will be on to the remaining 2 hotels and remind them they were in lockdown. I’m just a bit over it all and it’s now down to the last $1300 and last year we agreed if we didn’t get our money back it didn’t matter given there was a virus out there. Now DH says we need to do all we can. In other words..me. I will have one more go. The good news is we are getting our flight monies back and that was a lot more. The Cordoba accommodation is very ungracious and we will not reconsider them when we can eventually travel. The trouble is there’s limited hotels there and they know it. Uggg people.

Catherine my BP did rise a little lol. I have to stay calm. I love your comment about your iron. I asked DH if I could use the iron for craft,.his new iron. You can imagine his response.

Jan we have lots of down lights in our house and had to employ a light designer when we built. We have all kinds of fancy things we don’t even use lol. Replacing the bulbs isn’t cheap.

Ann, sorry to hear your mailbox got wiped out. The council should be responsible for replacing it.

DH gets his PET ct scan results today. We don’t know if I’m allowed to go with him plus I’m still blowing my nose. Convinced it’s definitely my sinus....they are draining well and I’ve already used a box of tissues lol. I saw a gif with a lady with tissues stuffed up her nose..that was me yesterday lol.

Kathy, send your DH to clean our oven. We haven’t done ours in ages. It’s grotty. It also still doesn’t work properly and neither of us can be bothered to sort it out. I rang a guy before Xmas and never heard back from him. All it needs is a new element. We’ve become very slack about jobs around the home but did say yesterday that we must start on them. We are definitely procrastinators.

keep warm everyone if you have snow where you are. Cooler here today and windy. The fires are still burning and I heard on the radio today that there’s now over 90 homes lost. It’s also our last day of lockdown. We still have to wear masks for another 9 days outdoors and if no more cases, and limited patrons at cafes and restaurants again. Gosh I don’t know how the businesses survive. We saw one cafe throwing so much food out. I don’t know why they didn’t offer it to the homeless but something to do with health restrictions I guess.

bye for now

Old 02-04-2021, 10:14 PM   #2714  
Forum Fanatic

Yes Kathy, my turn after Jayne for oven cleaning, that is one job I put off, my small halogen oven is bad enough!

poor people losing their homes because of the fire Jayne, good news you are out of full lockdown, our rates were down yesterday,

our son said London is a ghost town, he said it was like being in a zombie movie but at least he didn’t have to dodge around people to social distance!

Shirl that is sad not being able to hug family and friends who badly need a hug.
Old 02-05-2021, 12:42 AM   #2715  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan 25 mins to go but who is counting. Friends have already sent me text saying that they are having "escape" parties with family. Really! We are so spoilt here. It's just been another week for us LOL. We still have restrictions and have to wear masks until 14th Feb...in time for LOVE lol.

Yes it is very sad about the fires and we need the rain which is forecast from tomorrow.

DH had good results. All negative and the specialist has told him that he has MGUS and his bloods will be monitored every 3-6 months. Let's hope the para protein goes or stabilises. We laughed as we are both on monitoring now. We also are having a cheeky little wine to celebrate....good news and coming out of lockdown I guess.

I finally got the paste out with patience and then found that warm water helps. I think it needed more paste and shall persist. I did make a Teapot Party card for Cheryl so I achieved something. Shame my cards are stuck in the cloud from 2 days ago. I can't post a thing.

Happy day
Old 02-05-2021, 01:40 AM   #2716  
Forum Fanatic

Jayne Im not sure what MGUS stands for but good news it wasn't anything more than monitoring, enjoy your wine.
Old 02-05-2021, 05:26 AM   #2717  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, hugs from me to you and your famlly!

Hello everyone ~ it's a heat wave here in Florida and I really do miss the winters. Stay safe, especially those in the midwest!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Old 02-05-2021, 06:08 AM   #2718  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!
Hi Kelly, sorry you are in a heat wave and here it is a cold wave! Currently it is 9 degrees. The winds last night just shuck the house, and the blowing and drifting of snow is bad.

Jayne, those fires are so terrible, been a bad year for them here in the States too.

Off to get myself moving! Hugs to all for a good day!
Old 02-05-2021, 06:09 AM   #2719  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Well, ladies, the only time I get my iron out is when there is a wet card that needs to be flattened and dried! If my clothes don't look decent coming out of the dryer, they don't get worn.

Jayne, good news about your hubby! I think a cheeky wine celebration is certainly in order. Keeping my fingers crossed that the rains show up to knock out some of the fires! Hope you cold is getting better!

Shirl, funerals are so hard during this time! You and your family will be in my prayers as you gather together this Saturday. My SIL 's funeral was last March and the 10 person limit was made up of immediate family. I was finally able to visit her gravesite alone in January.

Kathy, oven cleaning is not my thing. Wish I had a sweet, sweet husband to tackle it like you!

Ann, what a pain with the mailbox!! So do you have to get out in the snow and put up a new one to get mail so that the next snow plow can take it out again? This is an issue we don't have in Texas.

Jan, that is very interesting about London. What a sight that must be! Here is the US the news is so focused on us, we don't often get to see how the rest of the world is experiencing the pandemic.

Catherine and Shelly, what fun to have you two joining the Sketch Challenge Team! I look forward to seeing what you create each week.

I am planning my Super Bowl Party for One. I'll put together some of my favorite snacks and settle in to root for KC!

Design Team Member - Kitchen Sink Stamps

Design Team Member -
The Project Bin
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Old 02-05-2021, 06:48 AM   #2720  
Proud Fan Club Member

I hadn't even thought of super bowl snacks! Shows you how little I pay attention to sports. I guess maybe we'll run uptown later. Right now we're expecting a call about our health insurance since DH retired. She said she'd call back today and let us know so DH can order his prescription. It's his migraine meds and we're not paying $1,500 for it!