Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-07-2021, 04:54 AM   #2761  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow is it cold outside. Seven degrees with -6 windchill. Dusty goes on her pad on the front porch and it’s frozen before I can get it changed to a fresh pad.

Gracie, I’m so glad you finally got some rest.

Rebekah, after all that decluttering you deserve some me time! And congrats on F4A!

Jan, my mom would mist the wrinkled clean clothes into a clothes bag and put them into the fridge for me to iron as part of my chores. But if I didn’t get them done quickly they would get moldy and she’d have to wash them again. And did I ever laugh at the image of a frozen shirt standing up on its own!

Jayne, I cannot breathe, my head is so stuffed up. Our humidifier is set as high as it will go, but the furnace is running constantly. How are you today?

Shelly, knife cuts, OUCH. Gosh I can feel them from here! Fingers are such a bad place, they are constantly bumped.

I washed DH’s hair last evening, very carefully. His hair is still matted over the injury but a lot of the mess came clean. I took a picture of the back of his head so he could see it. He was shocked, then he said, well you know me, when I do something, I do it up right!

oh, by the way, I caught a sock break-out again last night. One made it past the barriers but the other one got caught by the guards at the gate, lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-dc920def-1c53-4ec7-8672-76ee5fc88f52.jpg  

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2021, 05:30 AM   #2762  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 99 Likes on 61 Posts

Shelly, didn't you cut yourself with a knife before? I don't think my knives are that sharp, luckily, or I'd probably be in trouble!

The snow started here after daybreak. I've been awake a long time but only crawled out of bed at 9. DH is making french toast. I cannot eat when I first get up but he's been up since 6. So I'll force myself to eat one piece.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2021, 07:29 AM   #2763  
Forum Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Spoke to our gS in England this afternoon, he was in the garden getting a jug of snow, he had put an animal inside the ice and put it into the freezer so he could excavate it later! He then had to get it out to show us how to do it, he said Nan you will have to try this, his dad had to explain we don’t have snow in Spain.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2021, 07:31 AM   #2764  
Forum Fanatic

I was busy cleaning my computer, deleting cookies, disc clean, anti virus check, it’s sat on the dining table waiting to go tomorrow , then I found another box of old family photos and spent ages looking at them all, I’m trying to write on them so the boys will know who everyone is.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2021, 07:43 AM   #2765  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

That is so fun for your GS! I'll have to mention that to my GDs. Wow, that sounds like a big project Jan!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2021, 09:16 AM   #2766  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

Good morning! Brrr, it sounds cold in some of your areas....we are having warm weather for this time of year. It should be in the 60s today. And we are tackling another ceiling - yay! Today we are painting the domed ceiling in the dining room. DH is happy to have this ceiling done as it is where he works and it should brighten things up. I wanted to do the kitchen today as well but there is work that needs to be done to that ceiling, technically, before it is painted. I'll be thankful to have all the ceilings done, we are chipping away at it. He is working on prepping the dining room while I sat and read chat and had a cup of tea - Stash peach black tea today.

Last night I really wanted a cookie and couldn't convince DD2 to make some so I made some. DD1 laughed at me because I googled yummy cookie recipes and then chose a recipe from there. I made Amish Sugar cookies. Oh my goodness, melt in your mouth delicious right out of the oven. We'll see how they are today.

Kandie, so glad that Ed's sense of humor is intact.

Ann, hoping with Gracie that the snow is the third thing and you are done! Your poor doggies!

Well, I'd better get off here and get to painting (it was my idea to tackle this today). Did I mention I can't wait to have all the ceilings done? Then I can start on the walls. It would be lovely to have the living room painted before the new couch arrives but I'm not thinking I'll pull that off.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2021, 09:46 AM   #2767  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Hello

Happy Sunday!

We have a temp of 1 here with wind chill -11 and the sun is out. Hubby wants to go out and walk- he says its beautiful out. He was out shoveling a bit, just our own driveway this time. I am going to stay put- maybe go create a bit!

Catherine- way to go getting those big jobs off your list. Our ceiling in the kitchen needs to be painted eventually, we had something spray all over the ceiling a while back, and it left a stain....looks like red wine....... it is faint and we are just ignoring it for now.
I will have to google those cookies- are they Gluten free?

I have been cooking new things this week, so will have left overs today, although I have Chicken in the crockpot for Chicken Tortilla soup : )

Jayne- I tried school glue in molds a few years ago- saw it on You Tube or somewhere, bit is shrinks a bit when it dries and the inside hollowed out. I never did end up using any of the glue creations- I think butterflies that I made. Will look forward to seeing when you create!

Kathy- yes- I have been slicing my fingers alot since I received these knives.... I had just showed hubby my fingers and said- look, no cuts and wham, lol

Kandie- hope you feel better soon! I was stuffy and was getting dizzy yesterday from sinus;, but better today! Wood floors and the netti pot really help me (plus medicine and nasal sprays too). I used to be stuffed up most of the time and when I have a bad day now, that was how I felt on a good day a few years ago.
Hope your hubby stays out of trouble and behaves with his head being injured! LOL, he is funny! Did he go to the house clean-out?

Ann- hope the pups are OK with the colder weather!

Jan- fun idea for the kids to freeze things and chip them out!

Have a fab day to all- going to hang out in the craft room!

Shelly

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2021, 09:47 AM   #2768  
Stazon Splitcoast

Aloha Sistahs!!! Muahuuugggzzzz!!
Goodness talk about behind ? I hit a notice in my email reminder and I was enter way back on page 54 and you all are on 56 oh my goodness Hahahaha !! I am totally in a lost state of mind hahahah not only that I came in today to wish Sis Kathy HB and I'm actually early for goodness sake I realized it's not till march !! Hahahahahaha I need someone to hold my hand and guide me through life or scs at least Hahahaha . Sorry I definitely couldn't possibly read all the chatter from there to here ha! But I do know I have a few congradulations to hand out to so many amazing sistah alphas !! Sis Catherine ,Sis Shelly , Sis Lynn, and omg finally Sis Melody it's been a ever so long time coming!! So congrats all my beautifully magnificent Sistahs!!
And before I have to leave again I havnt forgotten much love and condolences to you sweet sis shirk and you can definitely count me in on prayers for you and your Ohana!! And as always for all my amazing Sistahs here and their loved ones!!
aloha again till I get back
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2021, 10:14 AM   #2769  
Forum Fanatic

Sorry to hear some of you ladies are suffering, sinus, colds, headaches etc, hope you all feel better soon, it seems no one is getting the flu so they say!!!

gracie, our GS had the ice ball in the roasting tin so it didn’t drip everywhere, he was cutting the ice and he had his dad with some kind of plastic brush sweeping the ice off, he’s very bossy !
they went to buy a toy as a treat for doing all his school work, as encouragement, apparently at the toy shop they have to ring the bell and the owner brings to the door what you ask for, he wanted a Griffin so he had a choice of three.

catherine we need to paint too but I’ve got to work up to it as it’s a big job, being all open plan once we start we have todo it all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2021, 10:20 AM   #2770  
Forum Fanatic

Good to see you sis Vicki,

we were supposed to have rain again today but like yesterday the weather was beautiful, they are now saying rain tomorrow, we shall see.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2021, 11:36 AM   #2771  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

The outside of a small journal I’m making. This is another project from that book, and also I saw this bird paper at Joann’s and really wanted to make something from it, lol. I did better than yesterday but I still messed up on a step.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 14 Oct. 7, 2020 - April 21, 2021 Chat Thread-7dc4223b-bc98-4bdf-a4c1-dffcb76dd031.jpg  

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2021, 01:04 PM   #2772  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by KemernowView Post
The outside of a small journal I’m making. This is another project from that book, and also I saw this bird paper at Joann’s and really wanted to make something from it, lol. I did better than yesterday but I still messed up on a step.
Wow! That is so gorgeous Kandie! You are the Journal Queen!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2021, 02:59 PM   #2773  
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie seems to be good at everything! Gorgeous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2021, 06:20 PM   #2774  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Gorgeous journal, Kandie!

hi Hawaiian! Miss you!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2021, 08:00 PM   #2775  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

So happy to have the dining room ceiling painted. The ceiling in the living room and dining room are the worst for painting so, thankfully, they are now done. DH is going to enjoy having a white ceiling in there.

Jan, our house is fairly open concept so we should be just taking a week off and getting all the painting done but we are taking the ceiling a room at a time. I can't wait to have paint on the walls too. Note that I said have paint on the walls as opposed to painting them!

In fact, our kitchen/dining room ceilings really flow into each other and I was ready to just go ahead and paint in the kitchen but sanding really needs to happen in there from DH replacing the lighting in there. When he said if I painted over it that it would make it more difficult to fix it, I agreed to not paint it. So, I put a strip of painter's tape across the ceiling running it with the same line that we had on the floor as there are two different floor coverings.

Shelly, the cookies aren't gluten free. Here is a link to the recipe: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/...sugar-cookies/ They are so tasty!

Thank you, Vickster! It was a lovely surprise and went so fast. So glad you are popping in from time to time.

Kandie, your journal is beautiful...of course! So talented you are!

Sharon, how is your daughter and her family doing?

It is 9 pm here now, I need to go turn the dryer on now. Our electric rates are time of use rates so more expensive from 4 - 9 pm so I try to avoid running the dryer during those hours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2021, 09:46 PM   #2776  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 60 Likes on 36 Posts

Welcome Sonia.

Thank you Victoria. Exciting.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2021, 09:58 PM   #2777  
Forum Fanatic

Kandie your journal is gorgeous, I have to make the covers for mine, I’ve been on Pinterest to look for ideas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2021, 10:02 PM   #2778  
Forum Fanatic

Exciting day today, we’re going out, ha,ha,we only go out at the moment if we have something that needs doing, today is Lottery day, fingers crossed we have won! Not holding my breath though!
steve has to of course plan everything like a military operation, computer shop. PO, walk, takeaway coffee and croissants, shopping, home! I asked him what happened to being spontaneous! Ha,ha,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2021, 10:03 PM   #2779  
Forum Fanatic

Catherine I’m pleased your painting is going well, if you get bored when you’ve finished you can always come to Spain to do our villa!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2021, 10:06 PM   #2780  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Jan, don't you just hate when they need to be in total control?
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2021, 10:08 PM   #2781  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

Gorgeous journal Kandie. I wish I lived closer and would love to see your journals.

Hi Sis Vicki. Hope you are all well.

Hope you all enjoyed the Super Bowl.

Catherine glad you have one ceiling done.

Shelly, not sure I’d risk,putting glue in my moulds. I still haven’t rewatched the videos.

Jan I went to the PO and went to do some food shopping..mask and all. Wasn’t too bad as not many people out there. It was raining earlier and maybe that puts people off lol.

just popping on to say hi. Back to chores I go...hi ho hi ho
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2021, 10:09 PM   #2782  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

Welcome Sonia. I see you are a newbie. Welcome to SCS. Look forward to seeing what you create.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2021, 10:51 PM   #2783  
Forum Fanatic

Melody, I just laugh about it, he still thinks he’s in the army, ha,ha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2021, 10:53 PM   #2784  
Forum Fanatic

Lovely to see you Sonia.

jayne it’s forecast rain by lunchtime, cloudy and cool today, can’t complain after seeing the weather everywhere else.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2021, 03:04 AM   #2785  
luvstochatchatCHAT

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Morning! Trying to find my Monday groove....not feeling quite on top of the week as I was last week. Off to shower and get dressed and hopefully feel a little energy zing!

Been busy prepping for homeschool this morning, so no stamping. boo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2021, 05:43 AM   #2786  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Morning everyone!!

Welcome to Sonia!! And you are new to SCS, so happy you have joined us!!

Very cold here today, -6 at the moment without the windshield!

Kandie, gorgeous journal cover! So beautifully arranged.

I'm working on the Star Wars journal right now for grandson, Jack. Want it done this week for maybe a Valentine's Day gift.

Lots of chatter, so wonderful to see and read! Be back, must take care of dogs, they are laying in front of the frig! They are giving me a clue...they want meat to eat!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2021, 06:26 AM   #2787  
Proud Fan Club Member

We went to negative 6 degrees this morning. Back up in the 20's now!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2021, 06:31 AM   #2788  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Brrrrr! Good morning all of you and hope you are staying warm! Welcome Sonia!

I'm off to Monday volunteer group. Have a wonderful day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2021, 08:25 AM   #2789  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! I won't talk about our weather and current temps as several of you have such cold weather. I hope you are staying nice and cozy in your homes and crafting! You need to craft extra for those of us who have to go to work...right?

Welcome, Sonia! You have found a wonderful corner of SCS and I look forward to seeing your creations.

Jan, Steve sounds like my DD2 - only she has never been in the military. She has ALWAYS wanted to know all of our stops before we leave whatever building we are in. That is probably what made her such an excellent planner for our week in Tahoe last August.

Sorry, I think by the time I finish painting the interior of this house, I'll be all painted out for a few years though it would be fun to come to Spain and see you! We also need to do some painting to our front porch and finish the back deck and stairs, so more painting there!

Jayne, what is this Super Bowl thing that you talk about? Just kidding, I do know it exists. There just aren't any American football fans in this house, thankfully. My co-worker will be sad, though, because his team lost. It was funny, they put a message on our digital freeway sign that said "Fans don't let fans drive drunk." and when DD1 first saw it, she didn't read fans, she read fang and said, "What?!" Then, when she saw what it actually said, she was still confused because she forgot about the Super Bowl.

Rebekah, have a lovely home school day!

Brrrrr, Ann and Kathy!

Well, I have a few minutes before I need to dash out the door. DH is going to help a friend pack up his stuff today. He is moving to Washington state.

TTFN!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2021, 09:44 AM   #2790  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Goodness there's a lot of reading and catching up

I hope it warms up soon for all of you in those shockingly cold temps! Here it's a heat wave as Florida doesn't ever get cold.

Kandie, I hope your husband is on the mend and healing! Big hugs!

VIckie - wow, prayers for you, too!

Waving to everyone!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2021, 10:33 AM   #2791  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JCI to say hello! It's really hard staying out of my craftroom! I may try to do some CAS cards this week. Today is the first day I feel kind of good! For me the scariest part of the stroke was being told I need to go on blood thinner! I've been on Plavix for a week now, so far so good! My next hurdle is to see a spine specialist for the herniated neck discs.
Wishing everyone a fabulous week!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2021, 12:01 PM   #2792  
Forum Fanatic

Good to see you Vicki, steve has been on blood thinners for nearly ten years and has been fine apart from the fact he has to have his levels checked every five weeks, if the change he has to go every two weeks,

our GS went sledging today, he was so wet he had to take every bit of clothing off, he was laid in front of the log fire, behind the fire guard of course, naked apart from a sock covering his private bits, then he went out on the trampoline That had thick snow covering it, you can imagine, yes another change of clothes
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2021, 01:05 PM   #2793  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

yes did my craft buddy and partner Join our group! Welcome Sonja
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2021, 01:12 PM   #2794  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Have question for all dose anyone wanted good new thread. I am so tired hear bad things? I just need good new to read and so fourth. It just a thought I have!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2021, 02:37 PM   #2795  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts

Just checking in. So sorry to hear about your stroke Vickie. Prayers for you!

Kandie, that journal is outstanding looking. And thank you for the Valentine cad I just received.

Jan, too funny about your GS.

Welcome to Sonja too!

hugs to all,
Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2021, 02:58 PM   #2796  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

My DD and family are on the mend. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. Her hubby still has lingering cough, so hasn’t got out yet, but the rest have gotten out. dD says she still can’t tast, but think it is due to she can’t smell.

I got my injection (cortisone)for my shoulder today. Dr. said today that it is arthritis besides my torn rotator cuff. He took X-rays again, to make sure nothing else going on. He claimed he could see the arthritis; but .I couldn’t see anything, except I guess, the bone on bone, with no spaces between. Anyway, I should be good to go for awhile.
So much reading to catch up on. I couldn’t see where Sonja posted that everyone is welcoming.but welcome Sonja!
and Jayne what did I enable you for? LOL

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2021, 03:03 PM   #2797  
Proud Fan Club Member

Sharon, I looked for where Sonja posted as well, but just came to the idea she is joining the Alpha challenge, not maybe not the chatting?

Glad to hear your family are on the mend. Sorry to hear about your torn rotator cuff along with the arthritis. That must be painful!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2021, 03:28 PM   #2798  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Different Sonia. A new SCSer.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2021, 03:28 PM   #2799  
Proud Fan Club Member

LOL, thank you Melody!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2021, 04:15 PM   #2800  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheelsView Post
yes did my craft buddy and partner Join our group! Welcome Sonja
Linda it's a different Sonia.
Reply With Quote Likes