Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-22-2021, 10:47 AM   #3121  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Ann - I was up to running around today, lol! My daughter wanted to make a Target run but will not get out of the car so I ride along and watch my granddaughter.

Then I zipped across town to get my test results and then grocery stop - finally home and plan to get inky!

Waving to everyone!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My Instagram: kellyannsanti
My YouTube channel

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-22-2021, 11:16 AM   #3122  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Anniversary, Shelly and Ray! <3

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Old 02-22-2021, 12:26 PM   #3123  
Proud Fan Club Member

Congrats Shelly and Ray on 34 years!

Shirl
Old 02-22-2021, 01:09 PM   #3124  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy anniversary, Shelly.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Old 02-22-2021, 03:31 PM   #3125  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Thirty-four years, that’s wonderful, Shelly! Congratulations and many more wonderful years for you and your hubby!

Prairie dogs! That’s what I couldn’t think of!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2021, 06:14 PM   #3126  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good evening! Wow, a lot of chatter today and I was running late this morning so couldn't pop in and say hello. We are having a heat wave out here. It is supposed to be 70 degrees tomorrow! Which, later in the year, will feel like a wonderful, cool day but tomorrow, will feel hot! It is amazing how God created us to be so adaptable.

I was running behind because I stayed up too late making a special card, so I was sleepy and didn't want to get up when I was supposed to do so.

Ann, I don't know how expensive it is to fix your son's garage from the squirrels searching for their fiber intake, but I have a friend who had a problem with squirrels eating the wiring of his car while he was at work! That was an expensive problem! Hopefully the garage is less expensive.

Yum, Jan, you are busy cooking tasty things! Cornish pasties sound good - how were the bottoms?

Lynn, so glad you popped in and let us know how you are doing. I'm glad you didn't lose power. A friend of mine posted about the bare grocery shelves, praying the trucks get through soon. Just in time delivery works great - until there is a disruption.

Vickster! Glad you popped in too. Sorry you aren't feeling well in addition to dealing with your eyes. Praying for you!

Jean, they are after the fiber in the wood...who knows! And yes, you are correct. The employees who work in a Starbucks in a Target are Target employees, not Starbucks employees. All I can tell you is that my daughter is MUCH happier working for Starbucks.

Sharon, that is quite the store to have those things on the same aisle! I know everyone else wants chocolate, I vote for caramel!

Kandie, love the picture of all the squirrels popping up to see you....perhaps Fat Boy is pregnant like in the video!

Happy anniversary, Shelly! We are right behind you, our 34th is next month.

Well, I'm making soup for dinner, requested by DD1. I need to go check on it. Chat with you later!

Old 02-22-2021, 06:39 PM   #3127  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yum, Cornish pasties. First time I had those was in Upper Michigan many years ago. Not too far from our last house, there was a restaurant that served those, but they are no longer in business. I don't know of anywhere in our area you can get them.

I'm working on a flannel rag quilt for my DD's birthday, which is in two weeks. I started it yesterday.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 ~ Fan Club Member ~ gallery ~ FS620 lacyquiltercome join the Alphabet Challenge. ~ My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20

Old 02-22-2021, 09:26 PM   #3128  
Proud Fan Club Member

Glad you popped in Vickster. So sorry about all that is going on for you. Keeping you in my prayers.

John was on a zoom council call for our condominium this evening. So..........

I got to watch Love Affair, the 1939 black and white movie with Irene Dunne and Charles Boyer. Loved it! So nice to watch a chick flick on my own! I taped it on Feb. 13th on Turner Classic Movies.

Going for a walk with my brother Bruce tomorrow and then have lunch at The Riverhouse, close to where he lives. Dh is coming along too. Taking him some more butter tarts that I made.

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday!

Shirl
Old 02-23-2021, 05:36 AM   #3129  
Forum Fanatic

Shelly Happy Anniversary to you both.

catherine, no soggy bottoms as I turn them on their sides to make sure!

we stacked a ton of logs this morning, luckily he arrived at 9am, it took us an hour so not too bad, felt exhausted afterwards though, getting old! Mind you we also put about half a ton we already had back in the log shed too, I’m the stacker but I have to stand on a stool when it gets full as I’m not tall enough to reach the back.
Old 02-23-2021, 05:40 AM   #3130  
Forum Fanatic

Shirl how is Bruce coping, I’m sure he will enjoy your company for a walk and lunch.

melody I hope you take a photo of your rag quilt,

has anyone had any news from Karen? I was thinking it’s been a while since we heard anything.
Old 02-23-2021, 06:33 AM   #3131  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning. Heat wave today - in the low 40's! Yes, Jan, I will take a photo or five! Last night I took a few pictures of the process -- stacks of flannel squares, stacks of batting squares. Right now I'm at the step where I have to pin a 6" square of batting between two 7" squares of fabric, so I can sew them corner to corner. That will be the extent of any "quilting". They are all solid fabrics except one. I didn't have enough of the solids (partly because I cut one wrong and couldn't use most of it - too small). I'm making the sandwiches with the batting same fabric on both sides, so the back will be the same layout as the front. The difference will be the seam allowances will be all on the front and have to be clipped about every 1/2". That part is a big job. Hopefully, I will get it finished in time. I guess I lost track of time and didn't realize how close her birthday was.

Old 02-23-2021, 06:49 AM   #3132  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Wow, happy anniversary Shelly and Ray! Are you doing anything special for the occasion?

Melody, a quilt, how wonderful!! Yes we need pictures! I have only made one quilt through the years, for my number 4 son, and he still has it. Only a twin size but he will not give it up, says it's the warmest blankety he owns!

Great idea about the eggs, will have to try that as son wants chocolate eclairs for his upcoming birthday and it takes lots of eggs.

Shirl, enjoy your lunch with family, so good of you to take the time to keep Bruce company.

Hugs to all, off to get laundry done!
Old 02-23-2021, 06:57 AM   #3133  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow, I skip one day and there is a lot of reading to catch up on!

Hi Sis Vicki! Sorry to hear of your continued health and eye issues! Hugs and prayers to you and your family.

Melody, that quilt sounds wonderful. Flannel will be so warm and cozy! Can't wait to see photos.

Jan, all that wood stacking sounds exhausting! I used to help Tom when we spent winters in Wisconsin...I don't miss that! You baking sounds yummy!

Shirl, glad you got to relax and watch a chic flick. It will be so nice for Bruce to have you come walk with him and a bonus: lunch and yummy butter tarts! I'm sure he appreciates it! Hugs!

Shelly and Ray, big Congratulations on 34 years of marriage!

Catherine, enjoy painting and decorating your living room! What fun!

Kandie, Ann, Kelly, Sharon, Lynn, Linda, Kathy and everyone checking in, have a great day. I've forgotten everything I've read. LOL

I hope things continue to improve for those of you in Texas! Such a disaster! Glad things are warming up back in Wisconsin.

Old 02-23-2021, 07:23 AM   #3134  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

You probably don't even need to bake the egg shells for the birds. Maybe rinse them right after you use the eggs, then let them dry and crush them. Black birds will eat other birds eggs right out of the nest.

Old 02-23-2021, 07:32 AM   #3135  
Forum Fanatic

Shirl, steve says you could try to see if the program is on YouTube.
Old 02-23-2021, 08:14 AM   #3136  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! We are also having a heat wave - supposed to be in the 70s today but then cooling back off, thankfully.

First things first, Happy birthday, Sally! I hope you are doing well there in Texas and that you have a wonderful birthday today.

Wow, Melody, a quilt in two weeks?! I'm impressed!

Shirl, yay for watching a chick flick on your own! My DH doesn't get why I am REALLY missing my alone time because he is stuck at home essentially alone all the time. He has been working from the dining room table for a year now (and I've lost my crafting chair!).

I'm glad you are able to be there for your brother, Bruce.

Jan, wood hauling/stacking is a lot of work - an entire category of chore that has been added to our lives by moving to our current location. But I do love a wood fire!

Gracie, that was how I felt when I checked in last night - lots of chatter to catch up on! I love it.

Well, I need to pop in to the post office on my way to work so need to get going. I'll chat with you later!

Old 02-23-2021, 09:11 AM   #3137  
Forum Fanatic

Catherine the log fire is our only heat source but it costs so little, a ton of logs was €150 which lasts more than one winter, I love it, very cosy.

Sally Happy Birthday, hope you are safe and well, we’ve been reading about all the bad weather in Texas.
Old 02-23-2021, 09:52 AM   #3138  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Catherine, don't be impressed YET! I'm not done. LOL

Old 02-23-2021, 10:26 AM   #3139  
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Happy Birthday Sally

https://youtu.be/8UE6gzNuUKo
Old 02-23-2021, 10:32 AM   #3140  
Proud Fan Club Member

Is there anyway to get my actual video embedded? I used to be able to just cut and paste the link and it would automatically show the video. Now all I get is the link. I would think it was just a bug that hasn't been fixed yet but I've seen other people posting the actual videos.
Old 02-23-2021, 01:15 PM   #3141  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

REMINDER!!

Tomorrow's letter is "S" and the theme is Spring!

Keyword: ABC14S19, ABC14, and your personal keyword!

Have fun!
Old 02-23-2021, 01:55 PM   #3142  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy Birthday to Sally today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you have a wonderful day!!
Old 02-23-2021, 06:05 PM   #3143  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Jan, we have central heat/AC but we rely solely on wood for heat during winter (or what passes for winter around here). It saves us a lot of money, especially since, so far, we've been able to collect wood that people didn't want, so haven't had to buy wood yet.

Melody, I have no doubt you'll get the quilt done in time. I can be impressed that you are even attempting it with only two weeks to make it!

Speaking of sewing (well, quilting actually, but sewing by extension), DD1 has decided to make a period costume dress. When we get back from Oregon this weekend, she can't work for ten days so she bought a period costume pattern and fabric today. Has she sewn before? Well, yes, I helped her make a pillowcase when she was maybe 9 or 10, oh and she made some masks last year, but both of those are a far cry from this type of dress. That said, DH will be at home working and can interpret the sewing directions for her if she needs help. He is great at understanding them.

Kathy, I have no idea the answer to your question, sorry.

Old 02-23-2021, 06:13 PM   #3144  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy, when I've done it, I typed in a title for the video, then selected it, clicked on the "link" icon above, pasted in the link & hit OK. I'm on a desktop computer, if that makes any difference. If I remember correctly, if I just pasted the link in the chat box, that's all I got.

Last edited by lacyquilter; 02-23-2021 at 06:51 PM..
Old 02-23-2021, 06:50 PM   #3145  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Well, Catherine, if this was a normal quilt, there's no way I would have attempted it in a 2-week period. I have all 144 blocks sandwiched with batting (sewn with an X). Done for tonight.

Old 02-23-2021, 07:07 PM   #3146  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Popping on to say hello to everyone and waving.

Kandie, is Peanut still around? I pictured the other squirrels being like meerkats popping their heads up LOL. Cute

Ann, happy birthday to your DGD. It was our DGD's 8th birthday yesterday. We saw her briefly last night. She's lost both of her front teeth now and smiles away. She is full of joy. So cool for you to bake with your DGC. Eclairs...yum.

Annette, thinking of you all. Wow you made a lot of alpha cards. I did two yesterday and will post the other tomorrow as it's for my WTUI sample too. I am finally catching up..I think only 8 behind now LOL.

Catherine, yes I have been getting lots of rest. We went a walk on the beach yesterday morning. It was just beautiful and DH went for a swim. I wasn't game. After brekkie I crashed on the bed and woke around lunchtime. I haven't been sleeping well for days, or DH. We just wake so it was nice to just chill yesterday, plus it was 40 degrees here and yucky weather. Good luck with your sewing with your DD.

Jan, yep big thumbs up to Bakewell Tart. When we visit my sister we usually head to Bakewell so we can have a tart LOL....and cornish pasties...I love them with worcestershire sauce on...now I'm hungry. You have been on a roll creating too. It must be warming up your way now and soon will be spring.

Melody, yes to photos of your quilt when it's finished please. Hope your DD is going ok after her shock. How are you going with your theme cards? I still have 1 for March to make. I started it but it just isn't happening so I've put everything away and will do it next week when hopefully my mojo is back.

Gracie, I signed up for your Tickle challenge. I just have to think about what I will make and do that later today. I hope that you are going ok and haven't been falling in front of trucks again...eek.

Shirl, how lovely for you to go for a walk with your brother. I hope he is going ok. I used to watch All Creatures Great & Small when I lived in the UK. Our friend who we met here and is from Yorkshire lives in James Herriot country. She has a beautiful cottage there and I took my DH to see where the vet programme was filmed. It's breathtaking countryside. We also went to the place where they filmed another show which I can't now think of the name of but Jan may be able to help me out...with the policeman Jan and set in Yorkshire...oh my brain can't kick in today.

Shirl, we have just finished watching a British detective series on Netflix called Paranoid. It was really good and has lots of well known actors in the show. We are watching Virgin River now which is a bit of a soapie but we are enjoying it.

Jan, what did you think to the news about Harry and Meaghan? I feel sad for Harry but I'm sure the pressure of being a Royal must be tremendous.

Kathy, I close my eyes at the gross parts on shows too. At present our news and programs on the vaccine always shows them putting the needles into people's arms. We say why do they have to do that. I just close my eyes LOL.

Good to see you pop on Sis Vicki and also Lynn. Keep well and Lynn, keep warm.

Sharon, loved the sign you posted and definitely one for all of us I think, plus choccie would be good.

Shelly, happy 34th anniversary to you and your DH. Hope that you had a wonderful day together. How's your back?

Happy birthday Sally. I hope you had a wonderful day and are going ok in Texas. Keep warm and safe.

Hi Kelly and anyone else I've missed. Phew there was a lot of chatter.

Now I need to keep moving and maybe get to creating before I head out later this arvo. Keep safe and well everyone

Old 02-23-2021, 09:13 PM   #3147  
Forum Fanatic

Jayne, Heartbeat! I loved that program and loved how they played 60’s music during it, Nick Berry was the first one in it

Old 02-23-2021, 09:18 PM   #3148  
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow, lots of chatter. Have to go back and read more.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

The walk was great. In a big area called Deas Island Regional Park, about a 10 min. drive from Bruce's house. We walked over 2 miles all through nature trails by the river. Just lovely, but we are exhausted tonight as we usually do not walk that long, lol.
Had a great lunch too and we will be getting together next week for dinner one night.
Jan, he seems to be coping all right. Crying but that is to be expected. I started crying yesterday myself when my step son was over and asked how it was going for Bruce. I started to tell him and totally surprised myself that I started to cry, because I was not feeling bad at all, but it is a good release. Just came as a shock to me.

Happy, Happy Birthday dear Sally. Hope your day was wonderful!

Shirl

Old 02-23-2021, 09:27 PM   #3149  
Forum Fanatic

Shirl, so pleased you enjoyed your day with Bruce, I’m pleased to hear he’s coping, he’s bound to still be emotional, he must feel quite lost as your SIL was ill for a long time I think you said, that must be so stressful, sometimes these things just hit you when you least expect it, a good cry very often helps, when my mum died silly little things would set me off crying.
Old 02-23-2021, 09:40 PM   #3150  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Happy birthday Sally.

Jayne, I have 4 cards done for the March theme. I have a perfect stamp that I've had forever that needs a workout, so I should get going on that, but at the moment, I'm working on the quilt.

I've also been working on a letter. Boy, that could go anywhere, right? Actually, it's a wooden letter M that I picked up at a thrift store several years ago, and it was pink, which I pretty much hate. I tried painting over it with blue, but that wasn't covering at all. I probably should have tried gesso first. Anyway, I decided to cover it with torn up old music, so that is what I'm doing, but I can only do a little at a time, because I need to let it dry, so I've been doing a little bit each day.

Old 02-23-2021, 09:43 PM   #3151  
Proud Fan Club Member

Melody, I bought the letter k one time and covered it over with metal tape. I might even have a picture of it in my gallery. I'm not sure. It came out rather nice
Old 02-23-2021, 09:45 PM   #3152  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I thought about doing that, Kathy. I know there's a tutorial for doing that, but that really isn't the look I wanted. I may add some color on the music paper, when I get it all covered.

Old 02-23-2021, 09:57 PM   #3153  
Proud Fan Club Member

I think I did mine for a tutorial in 2014.

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g.../photo/2537092
Old 02-23-2021, 10:32 PM   #3154  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Yeah, I know I did that tutorial, but it must have been for a special event, because it's not in the tutorial gallery.

Old 02-24-2021, 02:00 AM   #3155  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan it was Heartbeat. We drove to the railway station, shops and on the moors. Just beautiful.

Shirl, your walk with your brother sounds wonderful and glad you are arranging future catch-ups. Grief can catch you at any time. Take care.

Melody I used to cover letters with DP when I scrapbooked. I love what Kathy did with her K. Have fun.

time for dinner and a show...yay

Old 02-24-2021, 08:00 AM   #3156  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!

Fun to read about all the projects everyone is working on! Melody, you are so creative!!

It's cleaning and scanning for me today. I had found one last box of my children's stuff from back in 1994-97 time frame and need to scan it all! That's my way of scrapbooking!

Need to get my sketch card done too today, started it this morning but got distracted!

Hugs to all, enjoy your day!
Old 02-24-2021, 08:29 AM   #3157  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It is another sunny day here. I think it is going to be windy down the hill but it seems quiet up here, for now anyway.

I'd like to ask you all to pray for Jeffrey, he is a fun co-worker of DD1 and he is having back surgery tomorrow. He'll be out for seven weeks. DD1 thought yesterday was his last day of work, so I popped in a took him a card. Then found out he will be there today so last night I made a quick get well card using the Art Impressions set with the sentiment "Get well soon, we can't cover your back forever." or something like that. DD1 thought he would love it. I'll drop it off on my way to work - with the instructions that he can't open it until post surgery and when his humor is working!

Shirl, grief can get you when you least expect it. To this day sometimes, when talking about my mom, I'll start to tear up unexpectedly and she's been gone for 10 years now. It was her birthday yesterday so we had our usual family celebration of eating a candy that she really liked - Bit O Honey - and talking about memories of her.

When I asked our neighbor if she would watch our critters while we are away this weekend, I told her we were going for my uncle's memorial service. I wasn't particularly close to this uncle or anything but, when I told her he was my last uncle, I started to get choked up unexpectedly!

Anyway, all that to say, I'm glad you are able to spend time with your brother.

Melody, torn up music? That sounds like it will make a lovely letter M for you.

I'm happy to report that Honey has quite adapted to the new couch - and she still tries to steal my seat on this one too! Little stinker!

Well, I need to finish my coffee and head out.
Old 02-24-2021, 09:26 AM   #3158  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello friends!

Today is raining which is typical for this time of year in Florida! Yesterday was HOT and the grandbaby was in the pool and today is gloomy and raining.

I had a beautiful lunch date with my daughter who started a new job today - yesterday was our last hurrah and we went to lunch, shopping and our favorite coffee shop! It was also a belated celebration of tests coming back great

Kathy -that video was cute! Not sure how to embed though. I miss the LIKE button and the copy/paste option!

Melody - your music projects sound wonderful - looking forward to seeing them!

Waving to everyone!

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My YouTube channel

Old 02-24-2021, 10:22 AM   #3159  
Proud Fan Club Member

Furniture shopping is going to be harder than I thought. Today I sat on a ton of couches and laid on a another ton of beds. I just don't want to buy something and find out that a quick sit on it was not enough to really get to know how it feels. I did find a rocker recliner that swivels. We didn't buy it yet but I'm very intrigued. I didn't think I'd like the swivel but when I sat on it I really did like it. And it's smaller than the recliner I have now. This thing is a monster and so is our couch. We would like smaller and more comfortable. But we can't make up our mind whether it has to be a recliner or not DH likes to lay on the couch but he also likes to recline. We could just get an ottoman for his feet and skip the reclining part. Decisions decisions!
Old 02-24-2021, 12:43 PM   #3160  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hello everyone,
I am just checking to everyone. my arm is score from the second vaccine shoot. And I am tired but good too. So what is everyone up too?