Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-07-2019, 07:05 AM   #2761  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 210 Likes on 68 Posts

Good morning! I feel like I have beeen busier now than before I finished work. I finally get time for me today after I run some errands. Craft room here I come!

Ann - Thanks for the lovely card! Have fun playing in the dirt.

Catherine - Enjoy the grad weekend and congratulations to your DD.

Kandie - So glad you were able to get the things you wanted from the sale. Your porch looks wonderful!

Kathy - Can't wait to see what you make with your new stuff.

Vicki - Glad you have another appointment done. Still praying for you for the rest.

Jayne - Glad you are on the mend

Melody - Yay for AC getting fixed. That wouldn't be a problem here today. Apparently we have some weird cold front coming in and they are calling for rain/snow mix this afternoon.

Have a great day all! I will post grad pictures when I get back.

My Gallery

Last edited by AnnetteMac; 06-07-2019 at 09:14 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2019, 07:20 AM   #2762  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 60 Likes on 15 Posts

everything is fabulous and lovely big sis!!i � ����� ����� ����it!! Funny you mentioned apron...I too have been looking for a apron too for Des and I or at least one for the next graduation season she will be making her leis as I will also and I’m teaching her some of those I use to make and she is also designing some of her own and when come season for graduation , actually starting at mother’s day we will be joining my friend r Des wants her own booth to sell her creations .So I’m looking for one of those like our lil Jaylyn is wearing. One of those se half aprons with 3 large pockets so mshe can hold the funds and change etc. be nice � ���� if I could get one made but I don’t own a working sewing machine anymore
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2019, 08:01 AM   #2763  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,129 Likes on 972 Posts

Kandie, your porch looks fabulous. My sister has an outer shower curtain (not the waterproof liner) that looks like your quilt - different colors. Maybe that's why the edging is like that.

I need to go out and dig some thistles out of my asparagus - procrastinating.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2019, 11:27 AM   #2764  
Hardware Hotshot

I've got 5 alpha cards done and uploaded. 9 more to catch up!

Here are a couple of pics from my daughter's convocation day.

Sorry they are so big. This was the only way it would let me upload them. It kept saying there was a missing security token whe I tried to add as attachments.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2019, 01:42 PM   #2765  
Stazon Splitcoast

She not only has brains but gorgeous just like her mom Sis!! Congratulations to her and everyone taking her journey with her!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2019, 01:44 PM   #2766  
Stazon Splitcoast

Big Sis if I ever get to that part of the world .i definitely would stay in your porch for sure !, forget the hotels your porch is absolutely magnificent!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2019, 04:28 PM   #2767  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,967 Likes on 1,155 Posts

Kandie, your porch is gorgeous! You are wonderful decorator! Love the white wicker! Your not noticing the access door to the garage is completely understandable after looking at everything with so many people running around setting up and then you may have been dehydrated which would account for your disorientation, too.

Annette, beautiful pictures of your family! Congratulations to your beautiful daughter! I can't get my pictures to attach as thumbnails either. I don't know how Kandie does it.

Sis Vicki, aloha girlfriend! Hope you had a good day!

Melody, hurrah!!! So glad you are getting air conditioning!

Hi Ann, hope you had a productive day and haven't worked too hard!

Catherine, thinking of you and DD1's graduation celebrations all weekend! Was she surprised by her Aunt and Uncle being there?

Hi Kathy, Jayne, Sharon and anyone else I've missed.

I took my mom back home and she was so happy to have been able to visit. She's been wanting to get up to our home and sit on the new deck. We watched the eagles, hummingbirds and orioles this morning. She used to be able to drive up here, but she's 86 and I think it's too far for her to drive now (takes and hour and a half). Such a sweet DH to pick her up yesterday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2019, 04:41 PM   #2768  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,952 Likes on 2,209 Posts

To upload a photo like kandie does, click on reply and scroll to the bottom to where it says manage attachments. In the next box, choose the photo you want to upload. I'll try an example. OK. I did it. You scroll to the bottom of your reply page, click on manage attachments, choose a file and then click on upload.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 11 March 6 to Aug 28, 2019 CHAT THREAD-s_l1600_3_89a4bbc4775ffcc9363191bcf5dd4109c0b5b4be.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2019, 04:45 PM   #2769  
Hardware Hotshot

I did that Kathy, but it kept giving me the security token message.

Glad you had a nice visit with your mom Gracie.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2019, 04:46 PM   #2770  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
To upload a photo like kandie does, click on reply and scroll to the bottom to where it says manage attachments. In the next box, choose the photo you want to upload. I'll try an example. OK. I did it. You scroll to the bottom of your reply page, click on manage attachments, choose a file and then click on upload.

Thanks Kathy, I'll try that next time. I'll have to write it down or I'll forget!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2019, 04:57 PM   #2771  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,503 Likes on 719 Posts

Here is the ugly potting bench that has been sitting outside for years. Now to see what can be done with it. If anything.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 11 March 6 to Aug 28, 2019 CHAT THREAD-d49d2962-fb0b-40e4-bb8d-822f2b688ea5.jpg  

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2019, 05:04 PM   #2772  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, I like it! It has lots of character! Very cool potting table!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2019, 05:17 PM   #2773  
Hardware Hotshot

I can't wait to see what you do with it Kandie!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2019, 06:16 PM   #2774  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

AC is ON! YAY! Cooling off the house. It was 79 inside when we finally turned it on.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2019, 09:28 PM   #2775  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wish I was so lucky . I’m melting!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2019, 10:55 PM   #2776  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,336 Likes on 1,399 Posts

Hi everyone! I should be in bed fast asleep. I haven't caught up on the chatting and am sure I won't get to until post graduation weekend.

I wanted to pop on and say event one is done. DD1 and a classmate sang a lovely duet and then she was the lead vocalist on a group number. She made it through her parent tribute but my eyes leaked a little, tried very hard to not do that! She looked lovely with her beautiful leis around her neck.

DD2 and I thought we'd better bring her in to see her uncle and aunt before they marched in just because we thought it might set her off crying if she didn't see them until she marched in. We were correct, she was so happy and cried and then had to go pull herself together to march in and commence with the evening activities.

Oh, and last night, as I was trying to go to sleep, I got this crazy bee in my bonnet about making something quick for the graduates. Why didn't I think of this sooner?! But when we got home, I have made and loaded them, I just need to make 14 more tassels for them. I made the curvy keepsake box (SU) into graduation hats.

OK, must run and get some sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a busy, fun, and tiring day and then Sunday is commencement!

Love you all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2019, 11:48 PM   #2777  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 937 Posts

Hope that you all slept well and happy weekend.

Kandie, gorgeous porch and love love the wicker set. I also can’t wait to see what you do with the potting bench. My SIL has a similar table and painted it green and used floral serviettes and did some decoupage and it looks amazing.

Melody, glad you got your aircon fixed.

Annette, gorgeous photos.

Catherine....your special family weekend is here...so happy for you and glad the first event went well. Wow you must have been one busy lady making keepsake boxes for the graduates. Good job the surprise came before your daughter walked in. I wish your daughter and your family a wonderful weekend of celebrations. This is all new to me as we only have the graduation ceremony and sometimes families go out for dinner and then it’s all over. I think it must be an American tradition.

I’m sure I’ve missed a lot of chat but my head isn’t in gear yet..lol. Hi everyone and enjoy your weekend.

As for me....here’s my update.

Just when I thought I was improving I had a setback Thursday night and yesterday.

Today I’ve been back for my follow up appointment. The Dr says left ear slightly improved, right ear still swollen and full of fluid. She’s concerned about it erupting so keeping an eye on it but tells me it would heal within 3-6 mths. Chest good and only minor cough now. Meds for dizziness and nausea due to ear infection. Also antibiotics are double strength and if no better in 2 days I could have intravenous antibiotics but I have a repeat of these so will just keep going for another 5 days. The usual stuff....drink lots, vitamin c and rest. I am definitely doing the latter. I’ve never slept this much for ages.

Yesterday and last night was a shocker....I felt so ill again and ended up having to prop myself up with pillows due to the pain...sinus and head and one ear. After popping pills it came good. Dr tells me the meds should clear all up. Today I feel more like myself again...which I did on Thursday for a while and then went backwards but at least the whooshing in my ears has settled down a bit.

I was thinking back to when I was younger and had ear ache but this is something I don’t think olive oil and pushing cotton wool into my ears could fix...never had it this bad. We certainly take our hearing for granted...well I have..and this has made me realise. When son3 speaks now he has to repeat everything louder and more clearly...his mumbling couldn’t be understood before...hubby has to translate lol.

So I will do as I’m told and keep recovering. I can’t believe that a week has already gone and I’ve done very little. I may attempt to head into my craft room later, even if just to cut some die cuts.

Thinking of those of you who are also sick or who have special celebrations or poppets staying.

Enjoy.

Sorry for those who have to read most of this again.....copying and pasting some of this...saves typing on other threads lol
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2019, 06:02 AM   #2778  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,231 Likes on 1,854 Posts

Morning!!

Melody, so glad your air is fixed!! We have warm weather the next few days!!

Jayne, so sorry you have been in pain with your ears!! Ear pain is the worst!

Athena barfed again this morning! Her ear drops are just about gone!

Jayne, did the doctor say why you got these ear infections so badly? Wind or water in them?

Kandie, gorgeous white wicker! And I agree you are so talented with decorating!

Kathy, you are such a great resource all the time!!

Annette, can you identify who is who in the pictures! I know that is your gorgeous daughter!! Congrats again to her!

I'm sore from being on my knees planting flowers! Still so much to do, but must come inside when it gets too hot. I can not take the heat!

Behind on creating but that's what happens with life!! Oh well! I'll catch up when it rains!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2019, 06:52 AM   #2779  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes, Ann, I'm certainly behind on creating too! Summer weather, family and events sure keep us busy! We have an outdoor wedding today. I have some cards I need to make but they'll have to wait.

Jayne, I feel so bad for you! It's awful to be that sick and then think you're getting better only to have everything get worse! Prayers that the antibiotics and meds will work! Yes, we do take our health, hearing and eyesight for granted until we get sick. Big Hugs and healing wishes!

Yay Catherine, it sounds like you had a wonderful night! DD1 sounds like an amazing, talented young woman! Let the celebration continue! Enjoy!

Hurrah for air conditioning Melody! It's been in the 80's here but we have a cool breeze off the lake. It's suppose to cool down again this coming week.

Sis Vicki, hoping things are going well for you! As always in my prayers and thoughts!

Kathy, I tried posting a thumbnail picture like Kandie does, but for some reason, it wouldn't work. Weird computers...may be my poor internet service too. It takes soooo long to upload anything.

Kandie are you working on your new bench?

Have a great day all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2019, 07:23 AM   #2780  
Hardware Hotshot

Good morning all! It was a rainy day here yesterday and boy did it get cold. The cold front they promised came in late in the afternoon and it tried to snow! It was very short lived, thank heavens. We are back to sunshine today but cooler temps. I will get my planting done today. I am not a big fan of gardening, so I do very little of it.

Ann - The top photo is my son Daryl, me, daughter Alysia, her boyfriend of 6 years Reid, and my husband David. The bottom is David and I with Alysia. So sorry that Athena is still sick.

Catherine - enjoy your weekend!

Jayne - feel better soon, relapses are the worst. Our grad ceremonies seem more similar to yours as well. For university there is a reception with the faculty but that is really the only extra.

Have a great day all!!!!!!!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2019, 09:53 AM   #2781  
Proud Fan Club Member

I spent way too much time on these two! The technique is fun, unique, and turns out so well, but too time consuming!

Floating frame fish 1 by muscrat - at Splitcoaststampers
Floating frame fish2 by muscrat - at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2019, 05:45 PM   #2782  
Proud Fan Club Member

Its been quiet all day. Catherine is busy with graduation. Is this the weekend Ann gets company?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2019, 05:53 PM   #2783  
Proud Fan Club Member

Vickie, the green I used on the last card was mossy meadow and the good news is that it is still a current color in the SU catalog! My demo friend said hunter green was her favorite but she didn't have any left. I liked sage shadow and river rock. She gave me some sage shadow but I've used it all. My other friend gave me some river rock so I've been hoarding it! LOL. I liked tranquil tide but it retired. However the pretty peacock card stock looks similar. I'm getting some of the in color assorted next order so I can see it in person.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2019, 06:13 PM   #2784  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

For anyone interested, here is a call out for VSN hostesses for July 5th & 6th. No mini this time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2019, 06:18 PM   #2785  
Proud Fan Club Member

I forgot to tell you, earlier today I was sitting in my recliner/rocker and I felt a tickle on my arm and looked down and there was a monster spider on me!!!!!!! I screamed like a little,e girl and brushed him off. I was home alone and was NOT letting him live, so I grabbed a flyswatter and made him history! This was not the wolf spiders like we sometimes get, so I'm going to look up brown recluse. I'm not sure what he was, but I hate hairy big spiders like DH hates snakes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2019, 06:23 PM   #2786  
Proud Fan Club Member

Ah!!!! I looked up brown recluse and one of the pictures looked like him! If you get bit by one of those, sometimes it requires medical attention! For your own piece of mind, I did NOT include a picture! I keep checking around my chair now! My cat is very good at killing spiders, bless his heart. I usually find them feet up around the room.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2019, 07:36 PM   #2787  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Ah!!!! I looked up brown recluse and one of the pictures looked like him! If you get bit by one of those, sometimes it requires medical attention! For your own piece of mind, I did NOT include a picture! I keep checking around my chair now! My cat is very good at killing spiders, bless his heart. I usually find them feet up around the room.

Oh my gosh Kathy! Thank goodness the spider didn't bite you! Thanks for not sharing a picture...don't need any spider nightmares!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Just got home for the wedding. It was a gorgeous day for a wedding...no humidity, 80 and a nice breeze.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2019, 09:03 PM   #2788  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey everyone I'm a great, great gma!!! Giggles!!!

Last edited by Hawaiian; 06-08-2019 at 09:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2019, 09:09 PM   #2789  
Stazon Splitcoast

these are Nitros grandkids lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2019, 09:49 PM   #2790  
Proud Fan Club Member

Beautiful grand babies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2019, 10:14 PM   #2791  
Stazon Splitcoast

Mahalo Fairy Much Sis!!! Can’t tell from the pix but they are blue or what is called blue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2019, 10:18 PM   #2792  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdimickView Post
Hi everyone! I should be in bed fast asleep. I haven't caught up on the chatting and am sure I won't get to until post graduation weekend.

I wanted to pop on and say event one is done. DD1 and a classmate sang a lovely duet and then she was the lead vocalist on a group number. She made it through her parent tribute but my eyes leaked a little, tried very hard to not do that! She looked lovely with her beautiful leis around her neck.

DD2 and I thought we'd better bring her in to see her uncle and aunt before they marched in just because we thought it might set her off crying if she didn't see them until she marched in. We were correct, she was so happy and cried and then had to go pull herself together to march in and commence with the evening activities.

Oh, and last night, as I was trying to go to sleep, I got this crazy bee in my bonnet about making something quick for the graduates. Why didn't I think of this sooner?! But when we got home, I have made and loaded them, I just need to make 14 more tassels for them. I made the curvy keepsake box (SU) into graduation hats.

OK, must run and get some sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a busy, fun, and tiring day and then Sunday is commencement!

Love you all!

Hope you got pix or were your hands busy with tissue wiping the the tears you thought no one saw? Giggles
Sooo proud of her!! Wish we could have celebrated with all of you!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-08-2019, 10:21 PM   #2793  
Stazon Splitcoast

I think we gonna have to wait for pix etc. I beleive tonight is her party or celebration at the church? Probably they will fall into bed right away on returning home tonight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2019, 03:38 AM   #2794  
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, ladies. Whooee, three days of working on that porch and babying all the flowers. I’m pooped.

Melody, how does that AC feel?

Jayne, I had an ear infection so bad once that piercing pains would shoot through my head and I would cry out loud. I’m so sorry for your relapse, oh my, to feel better and then get worse again, that is the pits. How are you today?

Ann, how does your garden grow? . And how is Athena feeling, any better?

Catherine, are you surviving graduation weekend?

Kathy, that is one outstanding card! Well done! And speaking of spiders... aaaagghhhhhh!!! Oh my gosh your post totally gave me the creeps!

Little Sis, what darling fur grand babies!

Good morning again, everyone I’ve missed!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2019, 03:54 AM   #2795  
Proud Fan Club Member

Back porch is done as much as I can get done right now. Still need rugs and to rearrange DH’s collection of vintage crates and wood tool boxes. And to repot two plants, but I’m worn out for the time being. Six hours yesterday, from 7:30 on. And DH is exhausted from his sale work. We have designated today as Do Nothing Day, lol.

Pictures of bench and back porch so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 11 March 6 to Aug 28, 2019 CHAT THREAD-e0b4855e-bbfa-42aa-b26f-f9b680005f77.jpg   Alphabet Challenge Round 11 March 6 to Aug 28, 2019 CHAT THREAD-df5449f9-e3be-4dd2-8076-99dfd4abc710.jpg   Alphabet Challenge Round 11 March 6 to Aug 28, 2019 CHAT THREAD-a86bb264-11c9-4d20-b89c-8683f4bb851a.jpg  

Last edited by Kemernow; 06-09-2019 at 09:26 AM.. Reason: typo on the word worn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2019, 06:05 AM   #2796  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Kandie, your porch looks so lovely! Glad you and DH are taking a day to relax and enjoy!

Congratulations on your new grandpuppies Sis! They are so adorable! Ahhhh, babies!

Ann, hope Athena is feeling better and maybe you should take a day to relax too! LOL I'm sure that's not going to happen with everything you have to do to get ready for the family get together! Hope all is going well.

Are you enjoying your new AC Melody?

Jayne, I sure hope meds have started working and your ear infection is healing. Hugs!

Catherine, today is Commencement Day for DD1, I believe. Like Sis said, I'm sure a few tears will be shed. Enjoy! Congratulations to DD1 and on to preparations for her next journey in life!

Kathy, hope you haven't found any more spiders!

It's cloudy and rain showers predicted for this afternoon...perhaps I'll get back in my craft room today. It's been awhile! Summer time is so busy and being outdoors is a must this time of year!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2019, 07:24 AM   #2797  
Proud Fan Club Member

Just of home from Sunday school. I always enjoy listening to Josh teach this old dog new stuff!

DH is mowing again. He is helping a friend this afternoon. His friend has cancer and struggling. He is helping load some cows to go to the butcher.

I'm looking for ways to serve God and our church. There are so many good causes. Today I donated to a guy who is riding his bicycle for children's cancer research. He is riding all month and totals his hours. I didn't give a per mile donation, just a flat rate. He has someone giving him 50¢ per mile and last week he already had 150 miles in! I also dropped off some backpacks my mom bought for Bobs Buddies program. Our diaper bank is full! I went to put the backpacks in the labeling room and you can hardly move! That is a great thing! (For those curious, the labeling room is named because ladies in our church I used to do work for a company. We put labels on plastic samples they sent to customers. I helped in there many times, and we raised thousands of dollars for our missionaries. The company has since closed, so no more labeling but the room name remains!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2019, 07:49 AM   #2798  
Hardware Hotshot

Good morning!

Vickster - My heart melted at the sight of those adorable puppies!

Kandie - Your porch looks beautiful! You deserve a day off.

I am on day 2 in my craft room doing clean, sort, purge. Yesterday I emptied one whole shelving unit and dusted and sortd through everything. Once I had put everything back, I not only found my floor again but some empty shelf space! It's amazing the junk I seem to collect. Today I am going to go through my scrap bin and punch and die cut some things to have on hand. It's a lot of work, but my plan is to go through my whole house this summer.
Have a great day!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2019, 09:24 AM   #2799  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,231 Likes on 1,854 Posts

Afternoon everyone!!

Grandkids will be here shortly!! Just checking in!!

Will catch up on the chatter later!!

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2019, 09:25 AM   #2800  
Proud Fan Club Member

Annette, I just saw the pictures you posted, and they are SO lovely. I adore seeing photos of families and friends on here!

Reply With Quote Likes