Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-13-2019, 05:31 AM   #2881  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,503 Likes on 719 Posts

Hello to you, Jayne. I hope so, too. I had to put the car windows up because the wind was making my ear ache.

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2019, 05:32 AM   #2882  
Proud Fan Club Member

😜
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 11 March 6 to Aug 28, 2019 CHAT THREAD-6b3ea759-a980-4de8-b146-f05589559242.jpeg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2019, 06:27 AM   #2883  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,231 Likes on 1,854 Posts

Morning!

Kandie, the party is just a get together with my cousins from my mother's side of the family. We try to get together with them at least once a year. Missed it last year except for a baby shower. Decided we just need to take turns and set a date!!

I planted marigolds and petunias on the side of the house, mulched it all done and looking so nice! Next day every top of the flowers was chewed off and some plants down to the ground!! Chipmunks or rabbits? Don't know but makes me so angry!!

Athena barfed again this morning!! Lots of it too!! Yuck! Don't know what is bugging her, she has always been a picky eater. She eats the same as her sister, Iris, who as no issues. Don't know, spent $800 already on vet bills, and no answers.

Sad, a neighbor in the subdivision across the way, daughter passed away from Lyme disease, only 41. They believe she was bit as a child, they went up north a lot. She went to the same school with my kids. My heart breaks for the family.

It's 50 degrees here so I'm off to go outside again and move dirty and rock around!! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2019, 06:55 AM   #2884  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,967 Likes on 1,155 Posts

Hello Kandie, Ann, Kathy and anyone else still about.

Ann, don't work too hard today! Sorry about poor Athena...$800 and no answers! Sheesh! Frustrating for you and her both! Sorry about your flowers getting eaten too!

Kandie, love the owl picture you posted! It reminded me of a funny thing that happened yesterday. My DH is the most unromantic guy on earth, but I love him dearly...he is very thoughtful, hardworking and helpful to anyone who needs anything. So, anyway awhile back I said it would be nice to get a hug now and then or a compliment. He was leaving for weekly golf outing and came up to my craft room to say good bye. I stood up to give him a kiss then sat back down. We talked a minute and he said, "Stand up again." I'm wondering what's going on. He said, "When you stood up the first time, I thought maybe you wanted a hug, but then I got distracted." Too funny!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2019, 06:58 AM   #2885  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh ya, the hug was sweet, but 6 million dollars and chocolate would have been nice, too! LOL

Kandie, maybe all the animals are enjoying your newly decorated porch! They are coming to check it out and see what's new!

Kathy, I love your organized punches! My DH says I do more organizing than crafting. Well, that's all part of it, isn't it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2019, 08:15 AM   #2886  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,336 Likes on 1,399 Posts

Good morning! Yes, summer has definitely come to Northern California.

DD1 is currently at her job interview with Target. Praying it goes well.

Jayne - no relapsing any more! As for DD1's display, she borrowed the typewriter from a friend but, it is funny, both of my girls would like to have a typewriter. They definitely like retro and vintage.

Kandie, I don't think I took a photo of DD2's shoes. I definitely should have. She wore them to all the events over the weekend and, by Sunday, had blisters even though she was trying to use moleskin to avoid that.

No sound of rain hitting our roof this morning, but every day is a good day to stay home and curl up with a book!

Love the owl photo, so cute.

Kathy - I'm amazed your cart didn't break under the weight of all of those punches!

Kandie - I hope you aren't getting an ear infection.

Ann, how annoying that something had a feast on your flowers! So frustrating. We have deer eating the roses out front. At least they leave them for a number of days so we can enjoy them first! LOL

Sorry to hear that Athena threw up again. Poor girl. And so expensive with no answers.

Your poor neighbors, to lose their daughter. I have a friend who is dealing with the loss of their daughter as well. And their granddaughter just graduated from high school. A bittersweet time for the family because her mom wasn't there for the milestone.

Gracie, I love the story of your DH getting distracted from hugging you. Too funny! At least he remembered before he headed out the door.

I'm stuck at home until DD1 gets home from her interview. We are looking for another car since they haven't gotten the Mustang running. I think DD1 doesn't think it is a practical car for living up here anyway but DH wants to get it running before we sell it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2019, 08:35 AM   #2887  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning Catherine!

Hope DD1 is successful with her job interview at Target! I'm sure she'll get it! Such a lovely talented girl! Good luck with finding affordable insurance! Such a huge expense yet so necessary! It always irks me to see these gigantic, fancy insurance buildings, yet when it comes to paying claims they do everything they can to get out of paying their faithful customers!

Have a great day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2019, 09:43 AM   #2888  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Heard from Victoria! Her eye is all red and so sore! Not doing so well with this eye!

She needs her prayer warriors!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2019, 10:10 AM   #2889  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh no, Ann! Redoubling my prayers for Vickster. Thank you for the update.

Quickly popping in from work to let you know that DD1 got the job! She is going to be working in the Starbucks inside Target - as long as she passed her background check.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2019, 10:16 AM   #2890  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,727 Likes on 654 Posts

Saying a prayer for dear Victoria!

Kandie, love the nostalgia pics. posted and the owl one too. Ear infections hurt-hope you do not get one. But would chocolate and 6 mill comfort you a little?

Ann, that is so frustrating for you and your Athena. Sorry also, you were feeding the wild life- Sheesh.

Catherine-lovely family photo! That was so good of your family to join your daughter for her special day!

Kathy, great labelling. Yes, those punches are heavy when we have so many and yes, Kandie, I have practically had to step on one to get it to punch through.

Melody, we have hit 90 the last two days here! We have a/c in the bedroom. Or I would have expired by now! Supposed to get cooler after today.

Hi Jayne, Sharon, Gracie and all!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2019, 10:24 AM   #2891  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,952 Likes on 2,209 Posts

No doubts there, Catherine!

I went uptown this morning. Had to borrow moms van because DH took the battery from mine to get a new one. When I took the van back I found mom putting a pillow under dads head as he lay on the floor! He fell again and cut his arm in two places, skinned his knee and had a mark but no cuts on his head? Mom knew I would be home soon and she cannot lift him by herself. I wish I had gotten the nurse genes like my sister, but I did not. I've texted her to see if she can check him out. If she doesn't get back to me, I'll go back up and check on him. Mom is so frustrated. She thinks dad purposely doesn't use his cane but I think he just forgets. We got him up and gave him his walker and then got him to a chair where mom could clean him up. He laughed when we got him up and mom says it isn't funny. But with his stroke, I think its more of that pseudo-bulbar effect. That's from brain damage due to strokes or other things. He laughs at things when he should probably cry and cries when he's extremely happy. I've faced the fact that he has dementia now, but mom has not.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2019, 12:22 PM   #2892  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3,069 Likes on 1,563 Posts

Thanks Ann for the update on Victoria. I ams so sorry that she is having so much trouble with these eye surgeries. I had such a fabulous surgeon and experience both times. I was praying this second one would be better for her. So, still praying.

Kathy, I am so sorry about your Dad. And I know what you mean not getting the nursing gene, me neither!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2019, 05:41 PM   #2893  
Proud Fan Club Member

Linda has posted in the prayer thread. She's missing her mom and sure could use some encouragement.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2019, 05:43 PM   #2894  
Proud Fan Club Member

At least he's not hiding tonight!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2019, 05:44 PM   #2895  
Proud Fan Club Member

I hold him like a baby and rock him every night! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2019, 06:03 PM   #2896  
Proud Fan Club Member

I bet he loves that, Kathy!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2019, 07:07 PM   #2897  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 937 Posts

Evening...or morning...everyone.

Ann thanks for the update. I had a text from Vicki and photos...oh my..I was eating my brekkie at the time and all I could think about was her eye. She’s not doing so good. Such a shame as these ops generally go well.

Sorry to hear that Athena is still unwell. I never understand how vets...or Drs...can’t find out what is the cause yet something is obviously wrong. So expensive too. Hopefully your vet will get to the bottom of it. Sorry to hear that something had eaten your flowers..such a shame after all your hard work.

Kandie, how is your ear today...hope it’s improved. I’ll take chockies and a few bucks any day lol

Kathy hope your dad is ok. It. It must have been a fright for your mum.

Catherine, who hoo..congrats to DD1 on getting the job. Awesome news.

Hi everyone else and sorry if I’ve missed some chat.

I slept in today...again......never heard a thing but that’s not surprising considering my ears are still blocked lol. Hubby apparently came into the bathroom twice and said I was out for the count. I have never slept so much as this for years.

I made 2 cards yesterday as samples for my S2S challenge next week. Has anyone ever made a card and then gone onto YouTube and seen a new card loaded with a similar design or colours to what you’ve made. It happens a lot to me as though big brother is watching lol. I’m going to make another one today..maybe 2 and see if I can incorporate them with other challenges. I would like to change the BG on one card but worried I will stuff it all up...i have been known.

Sleep well everyone
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2019, 07:30 PM   #2898  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi Shirl, it is warm here too. Triple digit days down the hill and 90s up here where we live.

Kathy, so sorry about your dad. That is hard to watch happen and hard on you and your mom too. Praying for all of you!

Also praying for Vickster and Linda. I'm so sorry that Vickster has had such difficulty with these eye surgeries that are usually so easy.

I was praying the same thing about Vickster's surgery, Sharon.

Jayne - sleeping in is a good thing to do. It should help you get well. I'm glad you are getting rest.

Thanks for the congrats on DD1 getting a job, I agree, it is awesome. Now to find a car that is reliable and runs for her to drive.

DD2 has a sleepover with her best friend tonight and then tomorrow they are going boating with the best friend's grandparents. They need to get their fun in while they can as the best friend is going to school in Massachusetts next school year, sadly.

I think we are almost recovered from the graduation festivities. I've almost done all the returns too. Just a few more to go.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2019, 07:39 PM   #2899  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Oh, I forgot to mention. We fed some wildlife critter(s) last night. DH took some cupcakes out and put them in the trash last night. I thought he probably shouldn't do that until the morning they pick trash up but didn't say anything. Sure enough, this morning the trash was knocked over and the cupcakes were thoroughly gone. I thought raccoons but our neighbors think it was a bear!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2019, 07:46 PM   #2900  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Eek...a bear. The most we get are mice around our bins although I’ve never seen any...eek.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2019, 08:31 PM   #2901  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I don't know if they saw the bear or just decided it was a bear based on what they saw. I really thought it was raccoons. However, we also have mountain lions here too. Definitely wildlife country.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2019, 01:53 AM   #2902  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Another eek....mountain lions.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2019, 03:50 AM   #2903  
Proud Fan Club Member

Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 11 March 6 to Aug 28, 2019 CHAT THREAD-07f2a89e-dbcb-4164-a88e-4cfc41b32e20.jpg   Alphabet Challenge Round 11 March 6 to Aug 28, 2019 CHAT THREAD-6ff0616d-528b-4976-9052-94124ca4ce34.jpeg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2019, 03:58 AM   #2904  
Proud Fan Club Member

Did anyone watch America’s Got Talent on Tuesday? This guy is hilarious!

https://961therocket.iheart.com/cont...et-bird-funny/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2019, 04:15 AM   #2905  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning! Hope you all have a great day! Cloudy & rainy here, probably won’t get to walk. Guess I will craft instead! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2019, 04:17 AM   #2906  
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, DH talked with his friend in Red Bluff, CA called last night. Due to the friend’s close proximity to fire areas, his insurance companies have totally cancelled ALL his insurance policies. Everything was cancelled, car, life, homeowners, everything. The friend is a former firefighter who worked alongside DH. He’s now looking for a retired fire truck to buy, it doesn’t necessarily have to run, but it does have to be able to pump water. Isn’t that just pathetic of the insurance companies? I understand, but I still think it’s wrong.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2019, 05:56 AM   #2907  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Morning!!

I agree Kandie, sad about the insurance companies! Its all about THEIR money!!

It's weird outside here today, a bit sunny now overcast and high winds expected!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2019, 06:49 AM   #2908  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 210 Likes on 68 Posts

Good morning everyone!
Catherine - congrats to your daughter on getting the job. The pictures you posted from the grad were beautiful.

Ann - sorry to hear that Athena is still sick. Have you tried giving her some pure pumpkin puree (not pie filling)? It helps to regulate their system, kind of like pepto for dogs. My vet recommended it years ago and my dogs get a spoonful on their kibble each morning.

Kandie - loved the video!

Praying for Victoria and Linda and anyone else who could use it.

My plans for the day changed last night. DH and I one tickets to the Edmonton Eskimos football game! They are amazing seats too - 40 yard line, 4th row. Now we just have to hope the weather man is wrong because they are calling for rain and thunderstorms.
Still trying to sort and purge in my house so no crafting today.

Have a great day!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2019, 08:16 AM   #2909  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Prayers and hugs for Linda. It must be so hard losing her mom and best friend.

Hugs and prayers for Sis Vicki, I was so hoping this eye surgery would have been much better! So sorry dear friend.

Kathy, so sorry to hear about your dad. My mom, too, was in denial about dad's Alzheimer's. She would call me crying and it would take me an hour to get to their home. Sometimes she was like your mom thinking he did things on purpose, like not using the cane. I'd try to tell her he really didn't remember but she would say, well he is so good sometimes. She just couldn't understand what was happening to him. It is an awful illness and so hard on the spouse too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2019, 08:33 AM   #2910  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning all. I hope you have a good night's rest Jayne and wake up feeling great!

Catherine, congrats to your DD1 on her new job. We have bears and raccoons around here too. Naughty little creatures! Well, bears aren't so little...LOL

Kandie, funny photos! Yes, I watched America's Got Talent, that guy was funny and there sure are some talented people in the world! Amazing!
That is so awful about the insurance companies cancelling peoples' coverage. There should be a law against it, especially for longtime customers! Otherwise, insurance co. should have to refund your premium payments for the last 10 years in order to cancel coverage! Then, they'd think twice about cancelling policies!

Congrats on scoring great tickets to the game Annette and hope it doesn't rain.

Ann and Sharon, it's rainy here too. It rained on an off all night. Lazy day today. Went to my mom's yesterday and then my DH and I sat by campfire with neighbors and visited until midnight!

Kathy, such a cute kitty. I miss my boys!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2019, 09:44 AM   #2911  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! It is a lovely, warm day today and I have to work on finding insurance for us. Ugh, not my favorite activity.

While I agree, it doesn't seem like the insurance companies should be able to simply cancel policies, they do have to remain solvent. Yes, there are many people who pay money to them for YEARS and make ZERO claims. I don't know, to me it almost seems like insurance companies were a good idea many years ago but they, like most things, have become corrupted from their original purpose and now just want to collect money without paying out. I'm not sure what the answer should be. Just wish me luck!

I just re-read what I wrote about the possible bear eating cupcakes: "I don't know if they saw the bear or just decided it was a bear based on what they saw." That doesn't make sense! What I meant was I don't know if they actually saw the animal or decided it was a bear based on the evidence that remained that they saw.

Cute photos about the flowers. My roses keep disappearing and a friend has confirmed that they are like candy to deer. Oh well, the rose plants came with the house and they did leave them for a few days so I could enjoy them! LOL

Oh my goodness, Kandie, I don't watch America's Got Talent but that video you linked is hilarious! DD1 and I watched it together. I'm so glad you shared.

Sharon - what a "bummer" that you have to craft today...ha, enjoy your rainy craft day!

Kandie - wow, they canceled ALL his policies?! Thankfully, that hasn't happened to us. I am really just looking for homeowners insurance but would love to get a multi-policy discount with homeowners and car. We shall see what happens. Like I said, I don't know what the answer is because they have to remain solvent too.

Ann, yuck to high winds! I don't like those.

Annette - thank you for all the love on my cards. That was a nice surprise this morning. How fun to win tickets to the game, I hope the weather works out for you.

Oh yes, I have heard that about pumpkin puree too.

Gracie - sitting around a camp fire talking with your neighbors sounds lovely - especially if the mosquitos have all gone to bed. They like me too much!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2019, 10:51 AM   #2912  
Hardware Hotshot

The weather is looking questionable but we will see how it goes. I decided to catch up on sharing some love instead of cleaning and sorting. This is much more fun! Since the game is 2 hours from here, I need to pack extra clothes and decide what is best when I get there.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2019, 11:29 AM   #2913  
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning or rather afternoon.

Annette and I have been playing ping pong commenting. Thank you Annette!

Kandie, those are great funnies you posted.

Linda, prayed for you this morning!

Have a great day all.....

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2019, 11:38 AM   #2914  
Hardware Hotshot

Shirl -Thanks for all the love on my cards!

The candy cane one uses both washi and dsp.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2019, 01:20 PM   #2915  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you, Annette & Shirl, & Sally for all the love in my gallery!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2019, 01:56 PM   #2916  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Annette for all the wonderful comments you left in my gallery!

Just got back from running errands with DH today. I think I need to clean my craft room. Made cards this week and left it a disaster!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2019, 03:35 PM   #2917  
Proud Fan Club Member

We went to cracker barrel for our anniversary supper. Made the rounds through Michaels and acmoore but didn't buy anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2019, 04:08 PM   #2918  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
We went to cracker barrel for our anniversary supper. Made the rounds through Michaels and acmoore but didn't buy anything.

Happy Anniversary Kathy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2019, 04:43 PM   #2919  
Proud Fan Club Member

Tomorrow is card class day! I'm only driving as far as my friends house. She will drive us out to demos house. For the past nine years I have driven every month except for a few times. My car battery is good. The guy was nice and suggested testing it before he sold us a battery. He said the battery is fine. He thinks maybe its the starter. Our mechanic is going to take a look next week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2019, 04:59 PM   #2920  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Have fun at card class Kathy. A friend is coming up to stamp with me tomorrow! It should be fun.
Reply With Quote Likes