Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-02-2019, 06:50 PM   #2641  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 61 Likes on 16 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Big hugs Vickie! So sorry you have to go through that again!
Mahalo Fairy Much Sis .i know for everyone that had it and are fully healed says it’s not as bad and it’s piece of cake. But when I explained to the MD that saw me for this post op. He said exactly the same thing I had been feeling. That everyone is diffrent and all don’t responded same to the medication they give us to help through the process. He thinks from the sound of it they may try another since I had bad migraines and nausea also how it triggered the toothache which then triggered the earache. I think I’m just ole and my system is letting me and them know it lol
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2019, 06:55 PM   #2642  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,967 Likes on 1,155 Posts

Thanks for compliments Kathy and Sis Vicki!

The puppy was $650 and DS and DIL did put her money in the bank for her for college fund, but she doesn't know it. She's proud she saved and bought it!

Sis Vick, glad your one eye is good now and you'll be perfect when the other one gets fixed!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2019, 07:04 PM   #2643  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,350 Likes on 1,408 Posts

Ohhhhh, Gracie, Hank is adorable!!!! What a cute puppy! And your DGD is adorable too. Love the photo of her with both of the dogs.

Vickster - I'm glad your left eye has healed so well. Now to get the right eye done and healed and then you'll have it all behind you. You are right, everyone reacts differently to medicine. My mom had an elective surgery and reacted horribly to the pain meds they gave her. After the first dose, she refused further pain med from them and had dad bring her plain old Excedrin! I hope they can find something that doesn't bother you next time. I know codeine and I don't get along but lots of people have no problem with it.

We went to the former bf's grad party. It was lovely...and hot and humid. They had it in their backyard. Afterward, we went and did some prep for DD1's grad party which will not be as big of a deal as the party we attended this afternoon.

Now to work on her PowerPoint.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2019, 07:08 PM   #2644  
Stazon Splitcoast

Me too but all have to pay the piper right . What is it ? No pain no gain? It is much brighter looking out of the new lenses they inserted . Just not looking forward to the process plus part of it could be my diabetes. He mentioned tho the surgery was great he said their is bleeding and he said it due to the diabetes. So as much as I wanted chocolate I am doing my best to behave.
I went to babysit my 3 grandkids last night and glad Des went with me. Was a nice time was more the grandkids baby sat me. Kept checking if I was ok if I needed anything etc and the youngest spent most her time with me and Des instead of on the computer like her mom says she dies and the kids fight over the computer. Not one fight went on while we were there!, they were perfect Angels and that’s not just words from a proud gma but was so amazing to see how they have grown . Hahaha but I think the only reason the parent are having issues with them is I always told that son how he treated me when he was young and how hardheaded he was his kids was going to give him 10 x he gives me and there mother wasn’t any better to her parents . She was the baby and only second girl but only girl from her mom’s second marriage . She has amazing wonderful parents but they did enable her . So now both her and my son are having the rewards of their behavior to their parents lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2019, 07:16 PM   #2645  
Stazon Splitcoast

oh and omg I think my DIL was mostly raised with our Ohana when it comes to toughness.
At the event last night they attended for my grandkids fund raiser to help pay for the boys who won the states championships for the Cal Ripken and now will represent Hawaii again
In the Cal Ripken World Series. Someone pulled my dil by the hair and oh boy did she ever find out that was the wrong move lol my dil said she did the same thing get her by the hair and next thing you know she was on her blasting her face till they pulled her off ...never thought she had it in her but I think it’s from growing up with Des and her mil lol
We sweet till messed with . Even my oldest son was shocked as was my son her hubby . I laughed and told him see watch out now lol

Last edited by Hawaiian; 06-02-2019 at 08:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2019, 03:54 AM   #2646  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,503 Likes on 719 Posts

Well, good morning, everyone. DH and I took a day off working around the house and went to the monthly Antiques on the Bluff that runs the first Sunday of each month from May through October. As it’s on Silver Beach right on Lake Michigan, sometimes the winds coming off the lake are frigid, and I feel for the vendors. Yesterday actually warmed up to 53 and in the sun was warm. I’ve wanted one of those vintage high stools with fold-down steps for ages and we finally found one, yikes on the price, DH found a Studebaker pin, his father was the last engineer out the door when that plant closed, and I found an interesting letter holder. Other than those, we just walked and pushed Dusty in her pink dog stroller, stopping every two feet or so so she could get her head scratched by everyone who thought she was cute, lol. I suggested we put a sign on the stroller that said Therapy Dog, scratch my head and feel good, but he said she got enough attention already!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2019, 04:04 AM   #2647  
Proud Fan Club Member

Gracie, I love how you got your nickname! Mine was Stinky, something to do with dirty diapers, so let’s not go into that, lol.

Because I owned 8 lizards at one time, I’m not afraid of snakes. I can pin one down with my foot and grab it behind the head. It would wrap around my arm. Then I would take it to a wooded area or a pond and let it go.

But give me a teeny spider and I scream like a little girl!

Annette, hello, and gosh yes, I too can identify with that sign you posted. I think it has to do to all that walking around trying to remember what we were doing! Is that considered exercise?

Kathy, I understand completely the definition of church as the people not the building. Anywhere believers gather together in God’s name is church. I dearly wish I loved closer to you. Your place of worship sounds exactly like where I would like to attend, especially with all those wonderful programs.

Little Sis, can you see any better from your almost healed eye? Hugs to you to speed along the healing.

Gracie, Hank is ADORABLE!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2019, 04:09 AM   #2648  
Proud Fan Club Member

I’m still spray-painting stuff in the backyard. The grass and weeds are now not only white, but also cobalt blue and coral. DH said why do we need flowers for color when all we have to do is spray-paint patches of weeds to look like flowers?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2019, 05:41 AM   #2649  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning Kandie! It sure sounds like you had a fun day and found a few treasures Stinky. LOL (I promise I won't call you that...I'll probably forget it in an hour anyway!)
Your DH is such a funny guy...spray painted flowers...how easy is that? Lucky Dusty with all that petting and attention. Wow! I'm impressed with your snake handling! Now, I can squash any spider and they don't bother me at all. My DGDs and DIL scream and go crazy. We were kayaking last summer and I thought one DGD was going to jump out of her kayak in the middle of the lake when she saw a spider!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2019, 06:07 AM   #2650  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 210 Likes on 68 Posts

Good morning!

Victoria-Thanks for the early birthday wishes.

Melody-Thanks for the wishes as well.

Kandie-I would say yes to those steps counting as exercise. Steps are steps no matter what their purpose is! How are you feeling after your fall into that hole?

I had a wonderful day yesterday. My son and DIL came and spent the day yesterday for my birthday because he has baseball tonight. DS and DH spent time in the garage working on their project car and DIL and I sat on the patio and crocheted. We had a lovely meal afterwards. We had watermelon salsa as a snack and then a cola butt chicken with potatoes, grilled peppers and grilled asparagus. Strawberries and cheesecake for dessert (made by DH). I get to spend tomorrow celebrating DDs accomplishments. I need to make her card today. I have struggled with getting it just right. She has put in a ton of work to get to this point and I want the card to be spectacular. It's in pieces on my desk so I better get to it.

Have a great day all!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2019, 06:38 AM   #2651  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Morning Annette!
That meal sounds delightful! Happy early Birthday wishes! It sounds like you had a wonderful day Sunday! I have to get to my craft room too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2019, 08:02 AM   #2652  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! First things first,

Happy birthday, Annette! I hope your day is fantastic. It sounds like you had a marvelous day yesterday and some wonderful food. My boss's birthday is today as well.

I hope your card assembly is going well for your DD.

Vickster - I love how sweet your grandkids were taking care of their grandma. What wonderful grandkids. My girls, especially DD1, was like that with my mom.

Kandie - sounds like a fun day at the bluffs. Yikes at the price but did it go home with you? I love your DH's sense of humor. He has a good point about spray painting the flowers - they won't wilt!

Wow to your comfort level with snakes. I'm not comfortable with either snakes or spiders but am the official spider killer...unless DH is home then we recruit him. But the girls freak out like...girls, lol. I can cover my lack of comfort though and have. Our former neighbor who lived across the street from us is a major animal lover and had snakes and tarantulas, cats, dogs, a bird, a pig, and probably some other animals that I don't remember. So I had to conceal my discomfort with snakes and spiders because I didn't want the girls to pick my fears.

Oh yes, and steps are steps so those count as exercise, absolutely!

Gracie - I'm glad your DGD didn't jump out of the kayak!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2019, 09:27 AM   #2653  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,961 Likes on 2,216 Posts

Was inspired again. This time at Big Lots! It was a canvas painting.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2019, 10:29 AM   #2654  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,240 Likes on 1,860 Posts

Afternoon!!

Happy Birthday, Annette!!

Kandie, snakes, YUCK!! Don't like them one bit!! Now any bugs I'll kill with no problem! They are smaller then me, so no spiders bother me!

Annette, congrats again to your daughter! It's a great accomplishment!

Catherine, when is your daughter's party for graduation? Lots of people coming?

Doing laundry and cleaning after working outside yesterday. We got on section done that was torn up from the workers, it's along the sidewalk.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2019, 03:07 PM   #2655  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Just had to share some more pictures of Hank! Cuteness overload! Avery is my 4 year old granddaughter!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2019, 03:14 PM   #2656  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

oh my that is such a cute little doggie!!!

But your granddaughter is gorgeous!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2019, 03:34 PM   #2657  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Ann! She is the youngest of the 3 girls (ages 4, 9, 12) and quite a little pistol! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2019, 03:36 PM   #2658  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I'm all for her being a little pistol!! Better then being afraid to express herself!! Way to go!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2019, 03:38 PM   #2659  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,961 Likes on 2,216 Posts

I've been overloaded on cuteness! How adorable!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2019, 03:42 PM   #2660  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

So true Ann. Girls are much stronger nowadays than back when I was growing up! Submissive and afraid to rock the boat! I'm not that way so much any more, but still a notorious people pleaser. When I was playing Mahjong with the ladies in Payson, I would apologize when I played a tile someone else needed! They always teased me for doing that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2019, 04:13 PM   #2661  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,727 Likes on 654 Posts

Gracie what adorable pups and dgd!

Annette, I was not on here yesterday, but I hope you got my card and I am glad to hear you had a good birthday! Happy Birthday!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2019, 04:18 PM   #2662  
Hardware Hotshot

Gracie your pictures are adorable!

Shirl, my birthday is actually today so your wishes are right on time and your card was too! It came in today's mail. Thank you so much!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2019, 04:23 PM   #2663  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks Shirley, Kathy and Annette. It was so much fun with the DGDs and the puppy. Our dogs didn't know what to make of Hank! Sadie was afraid of him but Jenny was curious!

Happy Birthday Annette! You birthday card will go in the mail tomorrow! oops!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2019, 04:28 PM   #2664  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,727 Likes on 654 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnetteMacView Post
Gracie your pictures are adorable!

Shirl, my birthday is actually today so your wishes are right on time and your card was too! It came in today's mail. Thank you so much!

Oh, I got mixed up. Ha, I am claiming your #2616 post, Annette, lol.....

I did know it was the 3rd today and so it is your birthday!

Happy Birthday again!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2019, 06:18 PM   #2665  
Hardware Hotshot

I got the card done today and then relaxed and had another lovely supper. Since it a 2 1/2 hour drive to get to our daughter tomorrow (and we have to be there early) I'm going to call it a night early. I shall post my pics on Wednesday when I have time to myself. The photos from dance won't be available until the 30th so I will have to wait to share those.

Thanks again to everyone for the well wishes! Sleep well.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2019, 07:48 PM   #2666  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Night Annette!! Pleasant dreams!!

Night everyone else that's still up!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2019, 09:45 PM   #2667  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi everyone! Busy day today and then I went to Bible study tonight. Really couldn't afford to because of graduation prep, however, today is our pastor's birthday too and he is part of our Bible study so...I went. And it went late...so here I am and everyone is probably in bed asleep.

Ann - DD1's graduation is all weekend this weekend ending with commencement on Sunday. The open house party we are having is Saturday night at our church. We opted to have it there rather than try to get people to drive all the way out to where we live. Plus, the house really isn't guest ready so there is that. We are planning on 100 because a number of people didn't RSVP. I don't really know how many will be there but 100 is possible though probably not that many.

Oh my goodness, Gracie! Your granddaughter is beautiful and Hank is just over the top adorable. Love, love, love those photos! So cute!

Annette - glad you had a good day and got the card finished. We had tacos and German chocolate cake as those are favorites of our pastor the birthday boy. Tasty! Though I passed on the cake and just went for the vanilla ice cream.

Kathy - that canvas print at Big Lots is lovely!

Shirl! Glad to see you out here too. Hope you are doing well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2019, 09:54 PM   #2668  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Shirl - your fantastic Father's Day card reminded me of the cutest shirt I saw for young boys at Walmart. It is a shark shirt and the designer gets a bonus for design in my book. The shirt is light blue with the shark image and the mouth of the shark is positioned right where the pocket is and the pocket is lined with red so the pocket looks like the open mouth. So cute! (Probably the first time I've ever thought a shark's mouth was cute, lol!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2019, 10:28 PM   #2669  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sis Catherine!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2019, 10:29 PM   #2670  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well Des said post office said Thursday !!! Let me know plz!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2019, 10:30 PM   #2671  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hey, Vickster! How are you doing this evening? I should be headed to bed but it is suddenly warm here and I'm not comfortable!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2019, 10:31 PM   #2672  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRHolbrookView Post

Just had to share some more pictures of Hank! Cuteness overload! Avery is my 4 year old granddaughter!
Just to show you how Awwwdorable I think this it I hit the quote to have it reposted!!! Giggles
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2019, 10:33 PM   #2673  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I agree, Vickster, cuteness overload right there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2019, 10:35 PM   #2674  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yeps yeps!! I sure hope it gets there Thursday for gosh it’s coming fast!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2019, 10:36 PM   #2675  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I'm sure it will be fine but will let you know.

How are you doing?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2019, 10:42 PM   #2676  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hahaha it better I put a tracking on it this time!! Hahaha just making sure this time hahaha .
I suppose it’s healing because it’s starting to itch badly and from time to time there is a lil pain mostly when I strain and tomorrow I see my Quack for clearance not extremely happy with that but have to do what we have to do ..... still have to reschedule a mammogram testing since they called the day of my eye surgery that I needed to go back
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2019, 10:45 PM   #2677  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just when I thought I had completed most of it ...looks as if I’m doing round 2 this week and next.... the imaging wants me to try get in before surgery of the right eye and they only have 2 days available but one of the days isn’t possible since it’s mitchs dailysis day
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2019, 10:46 PM   #2678  
Stazon Splitcoast

So I don’t have much of a window to work with and it’s all just stressing me to no end you know?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2019, 10:47 PM   #2679  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well Sweetdreams Sis I know it’s a busy week for you Too .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2019, 10:49 PM   #2680  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sorry, I stepped away to say goodnight to DD2. I'm sorry you are dealing with so much, wish I could help somehow.

I do need to head to bed. Sweet dreams to you too!
Reply With Quote Likes