Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-04-2019, 03:18 AM   #2681  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,503 Likes on 719 Posts

Happy Tuesday, everyone. How did it get to be Tuesday already?

Annette, you know where your ankle bone protrudes on the side of your foot? I have a swollen purple lump right above it from stepping into that hole! I’m kind of glad I found it before a customer did.

And Happy Birthday to you, Annette! I apologize that I have no card made, I haven’t made a thing for over two weeks, I’ve been focusing on getting the back porch and small deck looking halfway decent. So tired of dreary wood rockers covered with leaves on the deck and the porch being used for yard and garage overflow! Anyway, I’m so glad you had a wonderful day both Sunday and Monday!

Catherine, I say ummmmm to the neighbor with the zoo! I would be fine around everything but the tarantula! Yikes, even typing that word makes my fingers squirm!!!

Kathy, what a lovely pattern you found at Big Lots. What will you make with your inspiration?

Ann, how did your patio pouring turn out? Does it look as nice as you imagined? What else do you have to do with your yard?

Gracie, Hank is positivity ADORABLE, and so is your granddaughter!

Good morning, Shirl!

Catherine, 100 people expected for DD1’s graduation party? I don’t think I even know 100 people! What a fun party that will be!

Victoria, my dear Little Sis, I am so sorry for all the stress in your life. Nothing like piling on tons of medical tests and surgeries to make a person feel overwhelmed. Many tight hugs from me to you. H. U. G. S.

Good morning, everyone I missed!

Phil. 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2019, 03:34 AM   #2682  
Proud Fan Club Member

I started on the back porch and deck at 9 am yesterday, sweeping dirt and leaves out of the porch, and saw I missed several spots on the coral wicker rocking horse, so I resprayed that. We had a surprise incredibly violent storm Saturday evening, even the forecasters were caught off guard, and hail came down everywhere. We didn’t get the time to bring in the flowers, so I was cutting off broken flower stems. (And muttering curse words under my breath).

DH left to take care of some errands, and returned with planks of old musty weathered barn wood to make some plant shelves for me. He said, you wanted rustic? This is about as rustic as you can get! Cobwebs hanging off everywhere, lol. Well, I told him my idea for the shelves, which was to put a single row across the windows on the porch for my plants and vintage garbage, I mean collectibles. . I said how I’d like it done, he spent a great deal of discussion on how he would do it, I said again how I’d like it done, he rolled his eyes and said okay we’ll do it your way, and since in our 3 years of marriage he has never rolled his eyes at me, I said, ok, we’ll do it YOUR way, and he went off feeling he’d won to cut shelves and put up brackets.

The final effect is not quite like I wanted or would have done it myself. You know us crafters, we want everything aligned and decorative. Oh well, paint covers a multitude of errors. So do plants that have foliage that overflows the pot and hangs down (to cover drilled holes that were in the wrong place, lol.)

And he told me he’s pleased with the final look of the porch, so that excuses the eye-rolls and makes me happy.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2019, 03:42 AM   #2683  
Proud Fan Club Member

My only difficulty was I started at 9, and he didn’t come to help until 1. My legs and feet were aching terribly by 5 and I wanted to stop for the day, but he said he wasn’t going to haul out his equipment two days in a row and that he wanted to finish the project. By 7 my feet ached so badly I almost cried, and he finally pronounced himself done for the night. Working on concrete takes a terrible toll on the feet, as anyone here who worked retail knows. I ran a hot, hot, hot bath and soaked. It even hurt to wash my poor feet. Gosh, I am turning into a gardening wuss. I need to toughen up!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2019, 03:47 AM   #2684  
Proud Fan Club Member

I will take some photos when it gets light enough.

And he’ll have to haul out his equipment again anyway because he decided he had enough wood left to put up one more shelf!

(And that also means I need more plants and more stuff to put on it!)

Ok, my coffee cup is empty. Will be back after I make another cup. I usually only have 2, but I feel this is a 3-cup day, and it’s barely 8 am.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2019, 04:07 AM   #2685  
Proud Fan Club Member

Well, the detail isn’t very good but you can get an idea. I’m looking for an indoor/outdoor rug for the middle of the room to set the table with a vintage look. There’s still stuff from working yesterday that won’t be there when I’m done. And I’m hoping to score an old potting table at DH’s sale which starts Thursday, if any of the four owners who are fighting over everything doesn’t decide to keep it like they have half the stuff already. DH said he thinks they are going into the house after stuff is priced and deciding to keep the higher priced items, which makes no sense to me because the more there is to sell, the more money they have to split.

And DH’s son who is the boss can’t say anything, because one of the owners, the one who gave him the sale, is our Mayor, and also DSS2’s boss, so DSS1 has to keep his mouth closed on how ridiculous it all is. He sure won’t make much money on this one.

Anyway, here is a photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 11 March 6 to Aug 28, 2019 CHAT THREAD-eec7d4f0-2f41-4fac-9c6e-503e0de31876.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2019, 04:28 AM   #2686  
Proud Fan Club Member

I don’t know what kind of bird this is, but it sure is cute. And sometimes I look at the world the same way. Don’t we all?
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 11 March 6 to Aug 28, 2019 CHAT THREAD-0271d363-b824-488f-b4f2-bd6d58681d07.jpeg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2019, 06:37 AM   #2687  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,129 Likes on 972 Posts

Kandie, your porch looks wonderful. I would love an enclosed porch, but I would probably have it filled with stuff. :rolleyes:
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2019, 07:14 AM   #2688  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,967 Likes on 1,155 Posts

Good morning all!

Kandie, love that screened in porch! You sure have a flair for decorating! Lucky your DH does all those sales, such a great to add to your stash! What a darling bird pic! How do you make your pictures so small?

Oh boy Catherine, DD1's graduation is approaching fast! It will be such a fun day and all the preparation seems to take so long and the day goes so fast! Hopefully, someone will take lots of pictures for you! Good idea to have it at your church with so many guests!

Sis Vicki, so sorry for all the medical concerns! No fun for sure! Prayers and BIG HUGS to you! Praying you can have peace of mind after all of this medical stuff is over!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2019, 07:43 AM   #2689  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Some of you probably know her from other challenges, and I don't know if there is a place on SCS for this kind of thing, but I found out on facebook that Joanne Grzelak (jojot) passed away late last month.
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2019, 08:26 AM   #2690  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,336 Likes on 1,399 Posts

Good morning! Or, as the rest of my family would say today, "Morning..." It was a difficult night in the neighborhood. DH had already gone to bed and I heard a car alarm going off. Concerned that it was our Camry, I looked outside happy to find it wasn't ours! However, a pick-up at a house across the street and up a little from us had its alarm going off. It finally quit - I'm not sure they turned it off or it just timed out. A little later, it went off again! And then again! I heard it one more time after I got in bed just after midnight. But I understand from my DH, that it went off several more times in the night. I'm so thankful I'm a sound sleeper! Unfortunately, my family do not sleep as soundly so they didn't get much sleep. And today is the first day of finals for the girls! I called DH this morning (which is how I know they didn't sleep well) and he thought I was calling to think of ways to do harm to that truck! This is a house that someone has been working on to flip, I sure hope that isn't the new owner's truck.

Kandie - she actually had two tarantulas! And she was a lovely, lovely neighbor. Her first name happens to be Susie. I don't know if any of you remember a thing called Suzy's Zoo but it reminded me of her even though she spelled her name differently.

100 people, yes. DD1 invited more than that, the guest list was made by her. It is an open house so we shouldn't have all of them there at the same time...I hope!

I'm sorry you were in such pain by the end of working on the porch. I love your enclosed porch! That would be perfect for DD1 and I because mosquitos love both of us so we tend to avoid the outdoors. An enclosed porch would be wonderful.

That bird is adorable!

That sale sounds like a nightmare. I bet you are glad you aren't working it!

What are you up to today, Melody?

I'd better get off to work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2019, 08:28 AM   #2691  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Hi Gracie! We posted at the same time.

Melody - that is sad news, I don't think I knew her but I do recall seeing that username.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2019, 09:43 AM   #2692  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,952 Likes on 2,209 Posts

Melody that names not familiar to me, but that is sad. I remember when buggainok (Annette) passed away. I didn't find out for a while, and I was so sad. She gifted me an envelope punch board when they first came out. She said it was because I didn't have one and she enjoyed that I came on and cheered everyone else when they got theirs! It was so thoughtful of her. I still miss her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2019, 09:49 AM   #2693  
Proud Fan Club Member

I went to her profile and the picture looks familiar so maybe I do remember her a bit. I loved that she loved oceans and lighthouses! I do too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2019, 10:03 AM   #2694  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,727 Likes on 654 Posts

Hi Melody, yes I saw a thread about jojot on SCS letting everyone know. Sad!

Kandie, that birdie is the sweetest! and yes, my head should be in that permanent position from looking at the world, lol....

Praying for all of you on here today.

Vickster, thanks for love bombing my gallery. My inbox exploded, lol.....and I was wondering what was going on. Then I saw they were all from Hawaiian!

You are maika'i loa.......As is everyone on here! (means awesome). Learned that one from Kathy!

Catherine, thanks for the love on the jeans card. That is a funny size paper pad, that piece is from and I did not want to cut it down, so my card is definetly not A2 or A4 or any regular size I guess, lol..but still looks fine enough!

Not going to buy a shark shirt, lol....but people's creativity is pretty awesome!

Gracie, the adorable-ness continues!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2019, 11:53 AM   #2695  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,231 Likes on 1,854 Posts

Internet has been spotting here today! In and out all day!

So reminder while I can!

Tomorrow's letter is "N"!

keyword: ABC11N14

Double challenge is to do a "new home card"!!

Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2019, 12:05 PM   #2696  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I asked DH if he'd be willing to do some hard labor, and his response is, 'oh, oh, what?' I asked if he could finished spading the front garden. There really wasn't that much to do, but because of all the rain we've had, it's all clumped together and really hard to break apart. He's not as meticulous as I am, but he did it, and then I went through with a hoe, raked it, and sprinkled marigold seeds. And now I need a shower, 'cause I'm all hot and sweaty! But I want to cool off first.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2019, 04:27 PM   #2697  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I also went to jojot's gallery. She has been uploading creations for a number of years now and has quite an extensive gallery. I found the thread Shirl mentioned telling SCS about it and saw that her passing was unexpected so praying for her family as they deal with her unexpected loss.

Melody, I know what you mean about being hot and sweaty! Out here it is like the temp went up 30+ degrees overnight. I am so NOT acclimatized to this heat yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2019, 04:39 PM   #2698  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Ann, our internet is very spotty. We have thunderstorms predicted for this evening. I loved your N card.

Hi Catherine, what a pain it would be to have a horn going off all night. I wonder why? I hope it doesn't continue tonight.

Melody, you planted marigolds today and I made a marigold card! Funny.

Shirl, you asked how I mail 3D cards. I added bubble wrap to envelope and take it to the Post Office to have it hand stamped. I'm sure it gets flattened in the mail, but hopefully it will hold some of it's shape.

Hi Kathy and Melody. I haven't been on SCS that long so I didn't know Joanne, jojot. So sad. Prayers said for her family.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2019, 06:24 PM   #2699  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I'm glad Shirl asked about how you mailed that card and hoped you would answer in this thread. That is exactly what I wondered when I saw your gorgeous card.

DH just talked with the occupants of the house where the truck alarm was going off last night. Hopefully it won't happen again tonight. They couldn't figure out what was going on themselves or what was setting it off. He found out, from this chat, that it is several guys from a tree company renting the place and they are working seven days a week. So I'm not sure how long they'll be renting there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2019, 07:48 PM   #2700  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

So glad your DH talked to those renters Catherine. Hopefully no horns tonight!

I'm off to bed...mammo tomorrow. Yippee!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2019, 08:56 PM   #2701  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Sweet dreams, Gracie!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2019, 09:22 PM   #2702  
Proud Fan Club Member

I found a tick in the cats dish on the front porch today! I washed those dishes this morning because they were dirty. So the tick was quite obvious in the clean white bowl. I smashed it so it wouldn't bite anyone. If they latch on to the cats, they bite fast and then fill up with blood. eventually they fall off, but if I find one I get my tick puller out and pop it off. Its amazing how big they get if left to fill up. I didn't realize it, but the size I've seen before is one that was feeding for two weeks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2019, 09:30 PM   #2703  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Ewwww, Kathy! You are up late!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2019, 09:41 PM   #2704  
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes. Fell asleep on the rocker but DS called to tell me he was on his way home. Just now dozing off again so I'm heading to bed. I've uploaded my N card which is also this weeks tutorial.,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2019, 10:08 PM   #2705  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Host
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 937 Posts

I’m back....gosh so much chatting whilst I’ve been away. I’ve had to make notes as my head can’t remember everything but apologise now if I miss something.

First, a belated happy birthday to Annette. It sounds as though you had a wonderful day. I hope that your DD gets good results in August. You must be one proud mum.

Catherine, it sounds as though your weather is warming up. Wow...100 at your DD1s grad party. The most we have had open house is 50 but as you say, people come and go. I hope it all goes well for you and that you have wonderful weather.

Ann, how was your poppet time? A belated congratulations on winning the Misti challenge...awesome. Happy spending your prize money. I hope that you are managing to get organised for your party this month.

Kathy, I loved the Burger King wall and also your paragraph did sound like a novel. I find it so annoying when SU discounts...especially a couple of weeks after I’ve bought. I now just have to tell myself that either I get it or wait and then risk it not being available..catch 22. Snakes....eek. But what happened to the bear? I think that would freak me out...the bear...and then the snake. Spiders I can cope with. Mice, rats...anything that moves quickly...eek. Those ticks are huge. We have to watch out for ticks at golf and especially around the kangaroos. Hubby had one once...I’d never seen one and had to get my magnifying glass out. It was tiny but squirming around in his leg. We put soap or vaseline on them and out they pop. I’m always checking myself now and whenever I get an itch.

Sharon, that’s one big strawberry...occasionally we get them that size in our punnets. I hope it was sweet. I’m buying strawberries and then find they are bitter. What’s even more annoying is when you get them home and half of them have gone off. DIL1 goes to the strawberry farm sometimes to get hers and picks them fresh.

Kandie, your porch looks lovely. You were lucky after your fall...hope your body has recovered. Shame a vase was broken too but at least you had no broken bones. My middle name is clumsy lol. I’m always bumping into things. Snake handling? Are you crazy girl lol.

Gracie, glad you survived your sister. I’m with you on reptiles...yuk. I would never go into a cage with them. Omg. Hank the puppy and your DGDs....agree cuteness overload. Jut adorable. If I had a dog it would be a Shitzu cross. They are so cute. Good luck with your mammo.

Melody, sorry to hear about your aircon and hope that you find the means to get it fixed.

Sis Vicki, you know what I’m going to say....get that mammogram booked. I’ve just had a reminder and will be booking next week. You must not keep putting it off and I will be hounding you until you go. Good luck with the second eye op...you will not know yourself once it’s done and will see fairies in a different light lol.

Shirl, hi there. Sorry if I’ve missed chat or anyone else.

As for me, I had a wonderful day and evening with the poppets last Saturday. Seems ages ago now. Since Monday I’ve been in bed crook as we say...or sick....yesterday was my worst day and this arvo I’m starting to feel a little more human. I’m dosed up on cold and flu tablets and if it wasn’t for the whooshing and pain in my ears now I’d feel ok. I’m booked in with the dr but they can’t see me until Friday....seems there’s a lot of flu around this end too. I’m hoping by tomorrow I will be able to get up as I do not like being bed bound. I’ve lost 3 days of my life and haven’t had the motivation to chat or go online. I shall start a book soon and read a little. Hubby is at golf and son3 is about to head out. I must be getting better as I fancied pickles or jalapeños earlier lol....did I have some..yep and good job my sore throat has gone.

That’s my news...apart from our new washing machine apparently arrived this morning. It needs to be installed tomorrow but I’m doing no house chores yet.

I hope that you all slept well. Happy Wednesday and let’s hope I don’t lose this very long post. I also still have cards to look at. My creating mojo has disappeared and maybe they will encourage me.
Monthly: MMJ Challenge….
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2019, 11:08 PM   #2706  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,727 Likes on 654 Posts

Hi Jayne,

I am not usually on this late, but got online to renew a library magazine that is due tomorrow. And I might not want to be out tomorrow, so have done that, and then of course started checking other emails from SCS.....

I am sorry you are feeling so bad. I know you mentioned how your seasons are the opposite of ours in another post, but I have forgotten already. What season are you in or going into now?

I am with you house chores can definetly keep!

Hope you feel better soon!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2019, 11:28 PM   #2707  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Shirl, thank you for your kind thoughts.

I’m still online and have just left some love on your jeans card...love it.
Wow you are up late. I was just thinking that I need to rest. I’m sitting up in bed lol. I’m feeling so much better this arvo...thank goodness. Yesterday I thought I was in for the long haul with it. I think rest has helped.

We have just started our winter which goes until end August. Already we’ve had some deaths from the flu...mainly the elderly and young..so sad. They have run out of vaccine in our State and we are waiting for more to come in before we have our jabs. Our poppets even had jabs for the first time last week as there’s so much flu going around in the schools.

I have bills to pay but they can wait another day. I hope you managed to get your magazine subscription done.

Im going to keep checking out cards in the gallery.

Sleep well.
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2019, 04:00 AM   #2708  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3,069 Likes on 1,563 Posts

Good Morning! Getting ready to go on my walk. Nice to see so many of you on here the last few days. Hump day! . Not that it matters to us retirees! Time just flies anyway. Prayers for all of you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2019, 04:14 AM   #2709  
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, and ICK on the tick photo! They are ugly! This area has posted warnings that ticks are bad this year. I check Dusty constantly and she gets monthly strong flea and tick medication.

I am foaming at the mouth from waiting for Thursday to come so I can be first in line at DH’s sale and see if that potting bench is still there. The owners removed some more stuff. I’ve been browsing other posted sales this morning to see if they have anything that would make a good table, just in case. I am pathetic when I get an idea stuck in my head.

Someone asked me if I did get the vintage step chair? Yes indeed! The price was high but the chair is in such good condition. Here ‘tis.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 11 March 6 to Aug 28, 2019 CHAT THREAD-0e45c64a-637b-4c71-be66-fa81ba909253.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2019, 04:14 AM   #2710  
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, Sharon, enjoy your walk!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2019, 04:47 AM   #2711  
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh my goodness, the baby Cardinal popped up on the edge of the nest!!! Mama and papa were on the bannister and in the tree next to the porch. We watched and watched while they chirped and it flapped its wings, and got to see it jump off the nest and into the tree! So very cool, and now I’m sad. We have so enjoyed watching the whole nesting process from our living room window. We are now empty nest parents. :(

The baby is that chubby brown spot on top of the fern.
Attached Thumbnails
Alphabet Challenge Round 11 March 6 to Aug 28, 2019 CHAT THREAD-148361d1-5d0b-4920-b7b8-1be36d0de52e.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2019, 04:58 AM   #2712  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 4,231 Likes on 1,854 Posts

Morning!!

Jayne, hope you feel better soon!!

Kathy, oh yuck to the fleas!! So gross!

Kandie, good luck on Thursday!

Jack is coming today!! Helping my DIL so she can get some more work done!! My son is a slave driver for his company!!

So later everyone!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2019, 05:26 AM   #2713  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Morning everyone.

Ann, enjoy your poppet time.
Sharon, how far did you walk?
Kandie good luck with the potting bench. When we lived in an apartment in the city we watched some ducks on the pond and their chicks...I was so sad once they left the nest and swam off.

The Drs rang and I’m now in for tomorrow...they had a cancellation. I shall still go and get checked as my balance isn’t right.

Time for bed this end..nite,
get inky and have fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2019, 05:54 AM   #2714  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Goodnight Jayne, I hope you wake up feeling much better! So annoying to lose 3 days to the flu! Glad you got to enjoy your poppets before getting sick!

Kathy, I just hate those darn ticks. We put tick and flea stuff on dogs, but I still find them. I sure don't want them or me to get Lyme's disease.

Kandie, I hope you're able to get that potting table! Loved that baby cardinal. They are so fat and fluffy. I'm waiting for the oriole eggs to hatch, but they are very high up, so I probably won't see the babies. The mom and dad oriole keep coming to the hummingbird feeder. So pretty. I love your step stool chair. I almost bought a red one in Montana! When I go back for the wedding in September, if it's still there, I may pick it up!

Ann have fun with Jack and helping your DIL.

Sharon, hope you enjoyed your walk.

Shirl, I agree with you...household chores can always wait!

Sis Vicki, I was putting off my mammo and physical and DH said, "The graveyard is full of people who put off Dr. appointments." Oh my, I got the message! Hope you are feeling the love and prayers from all of us and that your eye is healing well.

Have a great day everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2019, 07:55 AM   #2715  
Proud Fan Club Member

I remember those stools! I think we may even have had one when I was a kid.

I took my hummer feeders down. I only saw two this year. I'm thinking the cats are a deterrent. The cats are notorious for catching baby birds and baby bunnies. Sometimes we can rescue them, but many times we can't.

I'm organizing again. I need to find better ways to store stuff. I also need to find a home for a lot of retired card stock! I may take some to class on the 15th and share it with the ladies. I'm going to use some for templates and some for practice runs for tutorials.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2019, 08:16 AM   #2716  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Good morning! Wow, it was warm here last night but, no truck alarms sounding off. At least, that I heard.

Kathy - I don't know how you see the tutorial so early! It doesn't land in my inbox until Wednesdays.

Jayne - I'm glad you had a fun time with your poppets and so sorry you got sick! Praying you feel better after a good night's rest. Glad you get into the doctor a day earlier.

Shirl, you were up late! I just got an email from the library that we have books due in two days too. I have to remember to take care of that.

Sharon - your post is the second I've seen this morning about today being hump day. This week, it makes me think that graduation will be here sooner than I think! I hope you had a lovely walk this morning.

Kandie - I hope you get the potting bench. Your vintage chair is cool. I haven't seen one like it, it is definitely prettier than step chair my dad had. Dad's was red and made of metal and you just pulled the steps out. It was the chair he usually had his friends sit on when he would cut their hair for them.

What fun to have a front row seat and watch the baby cardinal, Kandie.

Ann, I'm sure you are having fun with Jack by now. Your son and DIL are blessed to have you close by, as are your grandkids. I have always felt badly for my girls that they didn't get to have much grandparent contact. I'm completely biased but my mom was their best grandparent and she died when DD1 was 9 and DD2 7. (They are 34 months apart but, for two months, it seems like they are 2 years apart.)

Yikes, Gracie, you put flea and tick stuff on your dogs and still find ticks on them? I'm glad you are so careful about that. As for your DH's comment about graveyards, I'll probably be one of those people as I avoid doctors like the plague! I don't even really have one.

I guess I'd better finish getting ready to go to work. Talk to you later!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2019, 10:57 AM   #2717  
Proud Fan Club Member

Catherine, I'm a detective at heart! LOL boy am I glad I looked that sentence over because it originally said I'm a defective at heart! As for doctors, you don't have one and at one point I had at least 7! Primary Care doctor and a bunch of specialists (rheumatolotgist, ENT, dermatologist, allergist, pain management, ENT/plastic surgeon, neurologist, Opthamologist, optometrist) Wow, more than I thought! And I'll bet I missed someone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2019, 05:19 PM   #2718  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quiet today, ladies!

Kathy - if you count chiropractor, I have a chiropractor and dentist, so I have two! I did have an eye doctor but he retired so now I need a new one. But I don't have a primary care doc. I tend to believe that I stay healthier if I avoid those people! LOL

I had a most unusual experience today. After the girls were done with today's finals, I took them to Stein Mart. Do you have those where you live? They have lovely clothing at not too exorbitant prices. DD1 found her graduation dress(es) there. Last night, DD2 was looking at one of the dresses that DD1 had gotten and said aloud, I'd like to go there after school tomorrow to see if they have this dress in black. That's all it took, we went there today. Unfortunately, they didn't have the dress in black but...we found two skirts that she really liked. Amazingly, one is blue and white. We bought her a top and two skirts. Then we went down to Famous Footwear and found her a pair of heels! You have to understand, DD2 doesn't usually wear dresses or skirts and she prefers to wear black, gray, and navy, dark colors. Her top is a beautiful royal blue, the one skirt is white with a beautiful pattern in blues on it, the other skirt is black. And this girl NEVER wears heels but she liked a pair and it was on sale. Yay! I know DD1 told her that she wanted her to dress up a bit for graduation weekend but I'm surprised she went for it. Amazing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2019, 05:20 PM   #2719  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Kathy - regarding your proofing and finding it said defective instead of detective, that makes me think of the TV show, Monk who was described as a defective detective.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2019, 06:12 PM   #2720  
Proud Fan Club Member

That's me too! Defective detective! LOL.

You sound like my friend. She avoids doctors like the plague. She just had her first colonoscopy after being hounded for 10 years to get one. she will take all kind of vitamins but until recently avoided prescription medications. She finally had to give in and take something for acid reflux because she was having bad stomach problems. She said the other day her medication is almost all and then she won't take it again. but I'm sure if the stomach pain comes back she will reconsider.I forgot to count my dentist in among my doctors! I don't have a chiropractor. I've always been afraid to go because I have osteoporosis and I'm worried they will break my bones!
Reply With Quote Likes