Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-20-2010, 03:22 AM   #401  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ahhh...good morning to you all. I'm just about to head off to bed. It's just gone 10 pm Sat evening here. I've got an early start for work tomorrow, so I won't dally to long.

Thanks Diane for offering to look out for some older sets. Would you believe it, but I did a search for Cottage Rose in the forum here tonight, and I found a recent listing, and it's not been sold yet. And I found another recent listing for RIW thats still unsold. I've gotten in contact with both sellers. Just have to wait and see now.

Of course if you know of any more set names please let me know. I think I want to collect these, LOL.

Good night all!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2010, 12:55 PM   #402  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's great, Theresa!! You'll be covered in roses before you know it!!

Just uploaded to my blog, I apologize in advance the pictures are a bit dark. Will try to get another one, chasing daylight here. I dumped a whole glass of water on my camera and dock just before trying to get the photos. Amazingly, they are still working!! Thank the Lord!! I am so happy about that...but it took awhile to get it done today.

Diane, thank you so much for your kind and uplifting words, they mean so much to me...I don't feel very strong, but your words make me feel that in Him I can be. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 07:28 PM   #403  
Stazon Splitcoast

It's me again, just marking my spot!! I almost lost you all...somebody else needs to post!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2010, 09:49 PM   #404  

I'm still here, checking in quickly but usually with nothing to share.

I've just recieved notice that the Cottage Rose set has been posted and is on it's way to me! I hope it's in a condition that won't disappoint. Just have to wait and see.

Now my mother is back into her sewing, I bought her a bundle of lovely precut fabrics for Christmas. I got her one each of a different cut ( ie jelly roll, layer cake, charms and fat quarters) and I have a specific challenge for her with regards to the fat quarters. She is starting to show interest in having a market stall again, so I'll challenge her to turn her fat quarters into some cute totes so she can sell them at her stall. She'll love it. I took a couple of the totes with me to my last card get together, sold one and got a request for another. So I know they will sell!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2010, 07:06 AM   #405  
Stazon Splitcoast

Theresa, that sounds like so much fun for your mom, and what a good idea to challenge her that way. I'd like to see the totes, I've been eyeing some I have seen on here, but not sure how to make them. Do you purchase your fabrics locally? It's nice too, when we can share the same interests with our family.
We have Thanksgiving tomorrow, and my FIL was released from the hospital yesterday. He needs it to be at his place, as travel for him would be difficult, so we are doing a moveable feast. I started yesterday with a couple of the more time consuming make aheads. As most of you, my time will be kitchen oriented, but I hope to stamp or do somehting else today also. I am kind of relieved it won't be here, it's a lot more relaxed right now than if we were expecting 20 or so, I just have to cook for that many, not clean, though!! And our oldest daughter is taking the plunge and making a small turkey, as one would not be enough. I am so proud of her...she is single and just wants to learn how. Good to practice on us, huh?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2010, 03:53 PM   #406  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Default HAPPY THANKSGIVING !

Thanks for the kind comments on my projects in the gallery, Theresa.
Thanks to all of you that have left comments on my blog. It sure makes my day when I know someone has seen my projects and have hopefully been inspired. My blog was started to try to give more detail about several of the projects I have posted in the gallery.
Lastly, thanks to those of you that voted on my advent calendar project entered in the Michael's contest - it didn't win.
Dinner at my parents tomorrow afternoon so I will be baking and such all morning.
Have a wonderful day !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2010, 03:23 AM   #407  

Hi girls, it's very quiet around here today.

I've had a very busy week end. One of the girls from the pub rolled her car on Friday morning, and I was called in to work her shifts. Then the new worker had a bad case of the 'sours', decided she was 'sick', so I filled in for her too.

So between the Friday 'Toss the Boss', Saturdays split shift and Sundays Camp Draft social function, I only got to see Bryan in one hour segments over the weekend, LOL. Since he'd been working away most of the week, it really puts a squeeze on the quality time. I think this Christmas we might have our first Christmas together too.

What we did manage to do, in one of those windows of togetherness, was go and buy a puppy on Saturday morning When I say 'we', I found the puppies, he bought one. LOL. It's a squat, fat, little blue heeler. I went out to the farm this morning (with my bbq so the fellas could cook themselves some lunch while they were fencing) and while I was there, I took all four dogs for a walk down the creek. The little felow had no hesitation in stepping off the 5' high bank to get down to us, lol. I think he'll call him Barney.

What's a Blue Heeler?

What's Camp Draft?

And for what it's worth, here is a young un' competing in my corner of the world.

Thank you ladies for your messages of 'Thankfullness'. Thats a new one on me, LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2010, 03:25 AM   #408  

BTW, what are all these Black Friday Sales I keep reading about? Whats Black Friday?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2010, 01:50 PM   #409  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi girls!
It has been quiet, Theresa...I think the blitz girls have been ignoring us!!
This is usually a busy weekend here, for a lot of people. Thursday was Thanksgiving, and then the "Black Friday" is what they call the sales that retailers put on, now beginning Thursday at midnight and extending all day Friday to try to lure shoppers in and boost the annual sales. I don't succumb, but some do and some crazy ones actually camp out to get the best deals. I sleep in.
Then this is typically the weekend to begin decorating for Christmas. Though I haven't. Gee I sound like a bit of a scrooge, but I prefer to relax and enjoy my husband being home. The tree is going up this evening, and I will have the week to pull out decor at my leisure and trim the tree and what parts of the house I want to.
Congrats on the new puppy, he is a brave one to boot!! Barney is such a cute name, too!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2010, 01:53 PM   #410  
Stazon Splitcoast

Diane, if you are checking in here, I saw on Facebook that you have been sewing with your sister. I really want to give our daughters aprons for Christmas...wonder if you have a simple pattern you would recommend? I saw some of the retro full aprons on Etsy that were really cute and I may order them, but just thought I would check before I do if there is a great easy pattern out there first? How fun to get together with all the women and sew!! That would be my ideal for a family. Maybe some day!

How was everyone's weekend?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2010, 11:11 PM   #411  

I'd most probably stayed home and relaxed too. LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2010, 11:37 PM   #412  

I found the cutest little birds to sew, so I went to my local patchwork shop to buy some pretty fabric, some stuffing and a couple of extra things ;). I got home cut out the fabric, couldn't find my pins, so substitued needles to hold it all together. Now it was time to bring out the machine. What?? No power cord? I had my mothers footpedal, since I deemed mine dangerous the last time I got it out ( some of the cooper wires were exposed). So I quickly rang up the shop, told them I needed them replaced, and they said they'd have it in in two weeks. :( It'll cost me about $150 too. Eek!

As you could imagine, I was on a creative roll. I had momentum honey, lol! A cordless machine wasn't going to stop me, so I pulled out my other stuff. I bought a packet of 1" paper hexigons, for paper piecing of the fabric kind, and I also purchased my first pair of eye glasses from the chemist. So this afternoon I've been hand sewing with my new glasses on. LOL.

It's gone dark now, so I'll give the hand sewing away for tonight. I got four flowers made so I'm happy about that.

I should blog something tonight. I've been a bit slack in that department.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2010, 03:05 AM   #413  
Polyshrink Goddess

We returned over the weekend from being out of state for the Thanksgiving holiday. I just came from visiting everyone's blogs.

I hope those of you who celebrated the US holiday had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 09:47 AM   #414  
Crimping Master

Hi all!
I have certainly been way out of the loop for awhile. I had a moment of weakness on November 9 and got 2 puppies! YES TWO puppies. I wondered what I had gotten myself into that first night when I was awoken at 2:30 in the morning!

They have been keeping us way busy training and such. I posted pictures on my blog a week back or so, if you want to go take a peek. Their cuteness is the only thing saving them. I told my dh last night, cleaning up puppy pee and poo is getting old really fast!
I know though that once they are trained life will be good again!

I took the Thanksgiving weekend to not only decorate for Christmas but to clean up my stamp room. Wow, what a difference it makes when you feel like you can find things! I hate being surrounded by chaos, so I wasn't feeling the mojo. Looking forward to start playing and coming up with ideas for our blog hop.

For those of you who are believers, please say a prayer for my father. He had a mild heart attack over Thanksgiving weekend. He lives in Texas, I live in Wisconsin. Sounds like he is improving and doing well but as my brother said, "I'm more worried about his soul than his heart."

I hope you all have a great week!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 11:14 AM   #415  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Robyn,

It is good to hear from you. I did see the pictures of your two adorable puppies on your blog. They are so sweet.

I will say a prayer for your father. I'm sure it is difficult being away from him during this time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2010, 01:24 PM   #416  
Polyshrink Goddess

Well...did I just drop off the face of the earth or what! Sorry for my absence, but Christmas projects are waaaayyyy behind and I'm getting in a panic. To add to that, we're are in the throes of house renovations. Since mother will spend most of the winter with us, I needed to freshen things up for her to help give her a boost. I just thought we'd paint her room....right! We painted a second bedroom and hall and now have to do other rooms to coordinate! How did this happen!!

Let's see...I'll try to catch up:

Theresa--how fun to nab Cottage Rose. Any success with Roses in Winter? Still on the lookout for other rose sets for you. I'll let you know if I find any. Your sewing projects sound so fun. I do hope you will post them. I love sewing little things like that. In fact, I just rolled out my fabrics to make a Christmas table runner. I have two machines and somehow lost my power cord to my big, new one. I was sick. But DH ran by a Bernina shop for me and picked one up....sorry....mine was $11. The Blue Heeler sounds like he's acclimating just fine! They are supposed to be super intelligent, right? Aren't they herders? And, finally, my definition of Black Friday would be Organized Chaos! Organized only in the sense that everyone does it here. Chaos because it's bedlam. Never venture out on those days. They have super good deals, but I get claustrophobic really fast in compact crowds. It's supposed to be the make it-break it day for retailers....the day that puts them in the "black" on their bottom line for the year.

Traci...I'm glad your FIL could come home...know that's been an exhausting ordeal. Hope your Thanksgiving was a total success and that you did find time for a few fun things during the holiday. Patterns for aprons...I made one that I just love--McCall's M5284, got it on sale at Hancock Fabric. Has bib versions with or without ruffles and half apron versions too. Got another one that looks super easy and cute made from a square. Just adorable. It's from Vanilla House Designs called Four Corners apron (#P132). Might be able to find a mock version online. Can't wait to make it though. Another pattern is McCall's M6092, very retro looking and has patterns for trivets and an oven mitt. Last pattern is Butterick B5426...but not particularly easy. Doesn't look complicated but the directions are so hard to follow. (Butterick and Vogue are a bit notorious for that in my estimation). Let me know what you decide to do. We need to have our own gallery of projects here!!!

Heather...your project was adorable. Keep trying! I love your blog...it's VERY inspirational...so keep up the great work. Hope your Thanksgiving baking received rave reviews too! You are a very talented lady and I'm so glad you are a part of our glitzy girls.

Donna...glad you made it back safely from your holiday travels. I have so enjoyed your recent posts seeing you here and seeing all your creative genius at play on your blog. As I've said...just love your brayered backgrounds. I just have trouble getting mine "smooth" looking between color transitions. Any hints???

Robyn...making my rounds to blogs this evening and I can't wait to see your new puppies. I'm a total dog lover myself and plan on posting updates to our rescued "Angel" saga that I started last year. She just went to the vet and they are amazed at her transformation. She was a broken down puppy mill dog when we got her...worn out from too many litters...at the age of two!!! Terrible, unthinkable conditions. You'd never know it now. She's definitely my little Angel!!! Will be keeping you and your father in my prayers. Please keep us updated so we know how to pray.

I can't wait either to play more on ideas for our blog hop. I'm so excited about it. Hope it creates a great challenge for all of us and truthfully, if no one else visits our blogs but us...we shall have great fun inspiring one another. But I have a feeling it will generate some great traffic and put us on the path of some new fellow crafters out there.

Has anyone heard from Jessica lately? She hasn't posted in awhile nor have I seen her here lately. Hope all is ok. I'll try to email or PM her to check in on her.

Take care...I'll be visiting your blogs this evening...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2010, 11:37 AM   #417  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I hope to make time to catch up here and visit each of your blogs this weekend.
Awful Thanksgiving: I woke up "sick" so I didn't get to celebrate with my parents, couldn't risk sharing it. Leftovers just aren't the same !
Finished off Christmas cards for a get together this weekend. I put pop up trees in a few.
I worked on a couple of new projects to share and have been going through some of my older holiday projects. I had planned on posting a different project every day, but since the blogger photo uploader still isn't working well for me and other things going on that I didn't foresee, I'm not sure if I will post every day. I had to take my dog to the vet, she was diagnosed with heart failure. I am not ready to lose another pet after my cats sudden death in August... sniffle.......
Take care everyone,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2010, 12:59 PM   #418  
Polyshrink Goddess

Heather, so sorry to hear about all your woes. No fun when life just gets overwhelming...and it most certainly does at times. So sorry you were sick. Hopefully Christmas will be wonderful and will make up for it all.

Sending warm fuzzies your way for your dog. Have a special place in my heart for all furry critters...will be thinking of you in the days ahead.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2010, 01:11 PM   #419  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi girls!!
Heather, I had that one year where I missed Thanksgiving, it happens. I hope like Diane said, you can have a nice Christmas. Do you have kids? I don't recall. Which pets do you have?
We had Thanksgiving at my FIL's home, and I did put on FB the picture of him surrounded by his sons. HE has had a very rough time of it, so it was special for all of them to be together.

Diane, thank you for all the help with the apron patterns. I looked at each one and there are some really cute ones, I am intrigued by the four corners one that is a square. I went ahead and ordered two from an Etsy store online, since I wanted them by Christmas and I know I've got just a few other things to get done before then. But I do want to try to make one , even if it is for me. Your sewing with your mom sounds fun...and she sure looks adorable in her apron!

Robyn, I know what it's like to have a parent ill and be far away. I will say a prayer for your Dad. Have you had any recent updates? And I think I saw one of your puppies, I'll have to go back and look for the other one. Two puppies, that IS alot!!

And Theresa, how is Barney doing? And you?

I am slowly decorating today. At this stage it is sifting and sorting and deciding do I want to bring this out? And do I want to put it back again? That second question is helping me decide on some of the boxes in our storage. It will be a few days process.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2010, 02:19 PM   #420  

Hello my glitzy friends!!

Robyn - Hope your dad is doing well. It would be hard being far away from him at this time. Sounds like you're having some challenges with your puppies lol. I've been tempted to get a puppy, but I couldn't have him indoors. And the cat, who also lives outdoors, might have some territorial issues too.

Heather - I hope your Christmas is better than your Thanksgiving. I was commenting on your blog, thinking I was on someone elses blog, and all the while I was thinking - this looks like something Heather would do - LOL. I'm going to the tip today so I'll be on the look out for a chair or something to decorate!

Donna - hope you had a lovely break away over the Thankgiving holiday. It's always nice to getaway for a while.

Traci - good luck witht he decorating. I'll only pull out the tree if one of the kids turn up to decorate it. I'll just docorate my home with cards, and I'll trim up the kitchen window maybe. I'd like to have a crafting day with my boyfriends DD11 and make some of those pretty angels on Heathers blog.

The puppy is now officially called Rolly. We took the dogs for a walk up to the dam for a swim. I jogged most of the way (only 200m lol, but it was up hill), I needed the exercise and he follows along behind. They are very intelligent dogs but they do need a lot of stimulation. They do live up to their Heeler name, coz they really do heel, and are never under your feet.

Diane - love the post about your mum. My mother and I are having a bit of fun with our renewed interest in sewing. I had a sleep over with her on Friday and as I was surfing the net I found the cutest pincushion pattern (I love making cute pincushions), and I raced off and made a couple and then mum had a go at it. Then she was taking photographs and sending it to her friends. There was a lot of fun activity that night.

It's been raining a lot here, so I've got another day off. Boyfriend just rang, he can't work either, so we're taking this rare opportunity to go shopping. We've a wedding to attend in a couple of weeks and he needs decent shoes and I need a decent dress. Our area is fairing quite well with all this rain, considering that many places are experiencing flooding. There is significant water over some roads in the area to make me take alternate routes, but thats no great inconvenience.

Now I must start thinking about a wedding card to make ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2010, 04:39 PM   #421  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisstreezView Post

Diane - love the post about your mum. My mother and I are having a bit of fun with our renewed interest in sewing. I had a sleep over with her on Friday and as I was surfing the net I found the cutest pincushion pattern (I love making cute pincushions), and I raced off and made a couple and then mum had a go at it. Then she was taking photographs and sending it to her friends. There was a lot of fun activity that night.
Theresa...I've been looking at some pincushions too...in fact, just made a really simple one to slip inside of a sewing kit I made. I'll have pictures of it on my blog soon. Would LOVE to see some of yours...and have the links to ones you've been seeing. Looking for fun, unusual patterns. I'd especially like some fun, funky wrist ones. Remember the wrist kind. Mine was red, plain. I'd like to create some jazzy ones.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2010, 04:51 PM   #422  
Die Cut Diva

Hi i was just wondering if you gals would have room for one more in your group? I am however new to blogging and i only have a few posts about me and my critters so far but i am off tomarrow and am trying to get some cards and creations together to post to it.
I call it Michelle's Wacky World! not sure why though other than we have ALOT of critters.
I think by being in a blogging group it might get me more used to it and get me posting more often specially my cards i dont do to many ABAC's. I do them if i have some instructions to follow otherwise they never turn out the way i want them to. LOL!

so if you got room for one more just let me know please. id apreciate it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2010, 08:08 PM   #423  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairygirlmichelleView Post
Hi i was just wondering if you gals would have room for one more in your group? I am however new to blogging and i only have a few posts about me and my critters so far but i am off tomarrow and am trying to get some cards and creations together to post to it.
I call it Michelle's Wacky World! not sure why though other than we have ALOT of critters.
I think by being in a blogging group it might get me more used to it and get me posting more often specially my cards i dont do to many ABAC's. I do them if i have some instructions to follow otherwise they never turn out the way i want them to. LOL!

so if you got room for one more just let me know please. id apreciate it.
Hi, Michelle!
I'm the administrator for our group. We're certainly honored that you would want to be a part of our group...unfortunately, we are already full. We formed in August and were full before the end of that month and all of our members are currently active. We intentionally limit the size of our group to make it manageable when visiting other blogs to leave comments. It begins to get too difficult to stay up with everyone's blogs if it continues to stay open to new members.

I would suggest that you go HERE where several open blogging groups are still forming.

We really appreciate your interest in us and wish you much success in finding a blogging group. They are very fun, you meet some great online friends, and it does help challenge you to try new things in your crafting hobby. So I encourage you to keep looking for an open group.

We wish you the best!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2010, 08:10 PM   #424  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2stamp50View Post
Hi, Michelle!
I'm the administrator for our group. We're certainly honored that you would want to be a part of our group...unfortunately, we are already full. We formed in August and were full before the end of that month and all of our members are currently active. We intentionally limit the size of our group to make it manageable when visiting other blogs to leave comments. It begins to get too difficult to stay up with everyone's blogs if it continues to stay open to new members.

I would suggest that you go HERE where several open blogging groups are still forming.

We really appreciate your interest in us and wish you much success in finding a blogging group. They are very fun, you meet some great online friends, and it does help challenge you to try new things in your crafting hobby. So I encourage you to keep looking for an open group.

We wish you the best!
Thank you for the response. I'll keep my eyes open.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2010, 12:16 AM   #425  

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2stamp50View Post
Theresa...I've been looking at some pincushions too...in fact, just made a really simple one to slip inside of a sewing kit I made. I'll have pictures of it on my blog soon. Would LOVE to see some of yours...and have the links to ones you've been seeing. Looking for fun, unusual patterns. I'd especially like some fun, funky wrist ones. Remember the wrist kind. Mine was red, plain. I'd like to create some jazzy ones.
Okay, I'll try and get a list together. There are even patterns for pin cushion rings that use a bottle top for a base so you don't prick yourself. The things some people come up with!

I made one for my mother nearly ten years ago and she still gets compliments for it. We were using it on the weekend and I told her we'd have to remove all the pins so I could give it a good wash and clean, but first we needed to make some new ones LOL. I just rang mum to get her to send me some pics, so I'll post as soon as I get them.

Want to see some fun pincushions - go to Etsy and search 'pincushion' - lots of pretty ones there and for sale too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2010, 12:25 AM   #426  

How about this idea using your punches. I'm so going to make some of these I want some!! Now where is that shrink plastic?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2010, 01:34 AM   #427  

I went dress shopping with my boyfriend today and I was gettting a bit worried when the dresses I really liked just didn't impress him. Since he's paying for it, I figure it's important that he likes it. Noone has ever bought me clothes before so it was a new experience for me. Then we both saw a skirt and we instantly loved it. The only one in my size was on the mannequin, so she got stripped, LOL. Found a beautiful blouse to go with it. Then I looked at the price....eek!! I don't think he was budgeting for that price range, so I couldn't let him buy it on his own. I paid for the blouse. He rang me earlier to say he was very happy with the outfit, and it was the thing he enjoyed buying the most today. Aaawww....sweet!

We also went 'shopping' for a headstone for his fathers grave.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2010, 02:12 AM   #428  

Yes it's me again LOL

Diane , thought you might like this fun wrist cushion.

LucyKate Crafts...: Tick, tock...,

Now if you made this right, you'd never have to stop your crafting to do your chores. It would always be craft time, LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2010, 04:50 AM   #429  
Polyshrink Goddess

Diane,

Do you know if Jessica is still with us? I may be able to give up my slot for Michelle.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2010, 08:25 PM   #430  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by OcicatView Post
Diane,

Do you know if Jessica is still with us? I may be able to give up my slot for Michelle.
No need to do that Donna...we love having you in the group. I'm going to try to email Jessica, but yes, I think she still wants to be a part of the group.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2010, 08:31 PM   #431  
Polyshrink Goddess

Theresa...you are incredible. Thank you so much for locating all these links to pincushions. I love them all. My bookmarks have doubled in size!!! Gotta get busy! The watch one was too cute. But I was drooling over the cupcake ones. All are fantastic. Thanks for the inspiration!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2010, 07:33 PM   #432  
Insane Embellisher

Hey Glitz Gals! I'm still trying to stay away from the computer but for the first time I think I'm starting to get better. Now if I can get back to work full time. 4 gals signed up as demos under me during the last SU and they have kept me busy with how-to questions. I'm gathering them together next week for their first demo swap and a make and take. They are so excited! It is fun to listen and watch. I'm ready to start designing for the blog hop. I'm going to try and use something from the new mini. I'm shooting for something in the valentine or spring line. One day of winter means one day closer to spring in the midwest! Do we have a theme or a blog logo to use?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2010, 08:38 PM   #433  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hey, Lori! Good to hear from you and glad you might be getting better. Know those back/neck issues can be long-standing problems. I had to quit my clubs because of it! Congratulations on your new recruits...that's fantastic! There's a curve where they need you more at first, then less later, but it is hectic when your at the beginning of the curve.

Yes, I'll have a blog logo and some instructions coming SOON, I promise. Probably the first of next week. But your ideas sound fine and will definitely fit. The theme will be something wide open and generic enough that anything you want to do will be fine!!! Just want to open the doors to creativity. Can't wait to see your creations for it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2010, 05:30 AM   #434  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning girls!
Lori, I have lower back issues too, and computer time doesn't help. I am glad you are starting to feel better!
When is the blog hop again?
I am reconsidering my participation, we will be in the mountains two days after Christmas through the New Year's and our youngest daughter leaves to study abroad on January 5th. I can't remember if it was that week or the week after.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2010, 07:19 AM   #435  
Polyshrink Goddess

Morning all! (Evening, Theresa!)

Spending a quiet morning reading a little and I'm taking a really run online quilting class. I've learned a ton of great little tricks and it's not even half over yet. I'll give the link to anyone who might want it. 10 Lessons, reg. $49 now on sale through Christmas only $19. They give great handouts (PDF) too. It's really fun to do. Giving me ideas for online card classes!!!

We'd scheduled the blog hop for January 7, but we could move it to a week later if that would help anyone. The great thing about posting is that you can set you post to go live anytime, so you can get something on when it's convenient for you, but not actually post it until a certain time.

Let's weigh in again on the blog hop just to be sure...we'd just post three items in the same post. I'll have a pre-set welcome and explanation that everyone will just copy and add to your post. You just post your pictures, explain as always, then link to the next person on the list. The links form a continuous circle, so people can start anywhere. If you want to add blog candy you can. That's it. I'll have the standard material ready the first of next week, with the explanation of how to link.

Who's still in on the blog hop? Let me know if you want to still go on the 7th or go one week after that. I think we need at least 7 of us to make it a decent hop. I'm good either way, but I do think it would be fun and offer our guest some great new ideas. It would be a fun team effort, but I'm really fine either way. You are all soooo talented...we want to get that out to a few more people and find some new places to drool over ourselves! LOL

Know it's getting stressful for everyone right before Christmas, so don't worry if you can't make it on here or post as often as usual...just let me know who's in the hop and we'll go from there. Some people are already working on their projects. I have 2 of three finished.

Take care everyone....have a glorious day/night.

BTW Theresa...just out of curiosity, when it's 10:00 Monday here in Kansas City MO, what time is it where you are?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2010, 08:34 AM   #436  
Polyshrink Goddess

Diane,

I am ready to do the blog hop on 1/7 with a winter theme. I have faithfully been visiting everyone's blogs every other day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-09-2010, 09:51 AM   #437  

I've got a time reference for St Louis MO, and it looks like your 10.00am Thursday would be my 2.00am Friday. At this moment I'm getting ready to go to work Friday morning while your are having Thursday lunch!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2010, 05:36 PM   #438  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Catching up again:
Traci- two teenagers, two cats and one dog. My dog is doing a bit better, waiting for the follow up from the vet .
I'm happy to have inspired you to look for trash to turn into treasure, Theresa.
Thanks for the kind words, Diane. It never fails that when bad things happen, it happens in multiples.
Yes, I'll still try the blog hop, a first for me.
I am going to cruise through all of your blogs over the weekend.
Happy Holidays !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2010, 03:50 PM   #439  

Hi girls.

Diane - glad you liked the links I sent for the pincushions and you found something you were looking for.

Heather - I haven't got around to searching for something to repurpose yet with stamping, but I'm sure I'll find something that will fit the bill.

My Cottage Rose stamp set arrived this last week. Looking forward to finding some time to use it. I'm hoping to receive my SCS winning stamp set from MFT sometime this week. That'll give me two new things to play with over the Christmas break.

Decided to go to church yesterday, but first we had to ring ahead to see if the creeks were passable. Then we decided it was best to go in the work ute instead of the car, just in case. On the way my boyfriend was giving me an education on what signs to look and listen for, in the case of a water surge coming down thru the valley. Today I'm going shopping for emergency supplies. We're having a beautiful sunny day today but tomorrow who knows. Got to be prepared.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2010, 03:57 PM   #440  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Puttin' on the Glitz Blog Hop!

Evening, Glitz Girlfriends!

I'm attaching directions for the blog hop. Click on the attachment to open and print. I'm getting more excited about how fun this could be. I think our guests will have lots of fun.

If you are stressing over the projects...don't! Just relax and have fun creating them. Maybe you have a favorite project already completed that you want to showcase again. That's fine. It's all about trying to spread a little creativity and make some new connections.

Here's the current list I have for those participating. Let me know right away if you want your name added or taken off. Once we determine who is committing, I'll develop a linked list in the order we'll follow for the blog.

Diane
Theresa
Gloria
Lori
Heather
Traci
Donna
Robyn

BTW, I heard from Jessica and she is still with us. Just feeling a little overwhelmed with her new job. Hopefully things will settle down after the new year.

Kristie will not participate in this blog hop. She has other blogging obligations that would complicate her participation right now.

Paige and Cassandra...will you join us for the blog hop? We'd love to have you!

I'll need to have a final list by December 27. Meanwhile, check out the attachment, and let me know if you have any questions.

Can't wait! I know we will have fabulous projects to share! You are all so talented...it will be a great trip for our visitors!
Attached Files
File Type: doc Directions for Blog Hop.doc (34.5 KB, 12 views)
Reply With Quote Likes