Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-17-2010, 08:37 AM   #321  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaigeView Post
Congratulations Jessica! Looking forward to seeing your inspirational projects! Have tons of fun!
Thank you!

This will be fun! I've never hosted challenges or anything, so I'm new to all this. Can't wait to learn along the way
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2010, 01:17 PM   #322  
Polyshrink Goddess

Congratulations, Jessica! So excited for you! It really is fun being on a design team. You will probably make lasting friends with the other gals. Took a look at Shannon's shop, and will look forward to seeing what you do with her creations. You go, girl!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2010, 03:19 PM   #323  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congratulations Jessica on the design team selection. Sounds fun and challenging!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2010, 03:35 PM   #324  

Ladies I'm so far behind on a bunch of things, blogging, card making, and housework! I had a touch of a cold which left me feeling very lethargic more than sick. All this rain prevented me from working so it was good timing to get unwell. Yesterday was my first 100% day and I ended up working a 15 hour day, which certainly made up for the lack of work earlier in the week, LOL. Todays plan is to do some blogging, make a card or two, mow a lawn, and do some catch up around home.

My original plan earlier in the month was to go camping on the 16th Oct. Our campsite is under about 3m of water. It is down stream from the flood gates of the dam, which have been opened! As it turns out I was too sick to go camping, but I can save face and say it was the flooding that prevented us from going, LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2010, 03:49 PM   #325  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Geesh, I know I wrote a note this morning, but I don't see it posted........ I tell ya', I'm just having a terrible time with my internet. Still having issues off and on with Blogger and the new photo uploader; when it does work I try to upload several photos to save for a couple scheduled posts..
I hope everyone is doing well, sending hugs to all that need (or want!) them.
So sorry about your father's passing, Diane.
Hope your home isn't in any danger of flooding, Theresa.
Congratulations, Jessica!
Hello and well wishes to everyone else.
Always enjoy seeing each of your projects, all so varied; thanks for sharing.
Enjoying this gorgeous fall weather we've had. The trees are starting to change color along the limestone bluffs/river. I LOVE snow, but am in no hurry for the short daylight hours of winter. This getting dark so early now is already getting to me.....
Busy as usual, but never seem to get anything accomplished. I don't know how working mommys do it all !!
Take care everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2010, 02:53 PM   #326  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado!

Just marking my spot here...almost lost you gals!
My Dad went in for surgery on Tuesday and drove over the mountains and through the woods to be here for that and transitioning my Mom to the care center which has to happen while he is in rehab. Surgery went well, rehab will be long (total knee replacement). Will be here until Saturday at least...nice to spend time with my parents. But oh so tiring!
Hope all you ladies are doing well here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 12:37 PM   #327  

Good morning ladies. I'm still about. Hope you are all doing well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-23-2010, 02:36 PM   #328  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hello to all...

Spent my day with my mother, just helping her with a few projects. We had a great time together and she felt so good in accomplishing something to move her ahead. Very healthy. She drove the van down to where I live yesterday (woo-hoo) and did fabulously. I rode with her and gave her an A+. She feels like she can be a bit mobile now. Good for her!

I so want to craft this week. I think I'll actually be able to do it. Will post a couple of cards I've received from friends and online buddies. WOW, I was inundated with comforting words and gorgeous cards. But I need to send out a ton of thank yous, so must get busy.

We're having beautiful fall days here. So many sunny days until today and it's been a cozy, gentle rain that is just wonderful.

I was just wondering about something...would any of you be up for a blog hop? I don't feel like I myself would draw just a ton of people but together we could post some Christmas creations (2-3 each) connect to each other and with just all our guest/visitors we might generate some interest. Was thinking I might tie mine into some blog candy too...that brings people around. If you are interested, let me know. We'll see how many want to do it and go from there with dates/details. Just thought it would be a fun thing for us to try.

Was thinking we could do one card, one gift idea (3-D) one tag/packaging project for each of our posts, but I'm open for ideas.

Hope you have great weekends...and a wonderful Lord's day tomorrow. My mother will be back in church for the first time in 2-3 months...since Dad's been sick. So she's so eager to come. What a blessing to have her beside me, but will be missing my Daddy there too.

Love to all...
Diane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2010, 01:07 AM   #329  

Hmmm...a blog hop? I've only ever been in a blog hop where all the blogs where listed in one post and I didn't like it. I didn't like being a part of it nor do I like to follow other blog hops that use the same fromat. I much prefer blog hops that directly link to the blog post of the next person on the list. This way there is no beginning or end. Not sure if this is easy to accomplish or coordinate though. Just my two cents. Still I'm open to the idea.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2010, 06:17 AM   #330  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisstreezView Post
Hmmm...a blog hop? I've only ever been in a blog hop where all the blogs where listed in one post and I didn't like it. I didn't like being a part of it nor do I like to follow other blog hops that use the same fromat. I much prefer blog hops that directly link to the blog post of the next person on the list. This way there is no beginning or end. Not sure if this is easy to accomplish or coordinate though. Just my two cents. Still I'm open to the idea.
Your method, Theresa, is the way we would do it...it might take some time to get everyone trained in how to link in the text of their post. But if everyone is game to try it, it won't be difficult. We'd wait until everyone was ready...so no hurry or stress.

And it's just a thought...no problem if someone doesn't like the idea.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-24-2010, 08:47 PM   #331  
Embossing Fanatic

Default I'm back again

Wow! it's been a long time since I lasted visited with you all. I'm still staying busy and now I see that November will be just as busy. I'm glad though. I'll tell you all about it another time. Right now I want to touch base with you.

Traci, bless you for being there for your parents. Not easy when we have so much going on in our own home front. They are blessed by you.

Diane, My condolences. All the memories of your dad will be comforting when you think of him. I have lost several very close family members recently and I still find myself thinking of them. I rest in knowing they are with our heavenly Father. I know you do too. Now regarding the blog hop, I think it's a good idea. Especially since we should have a larger draw from our combined followers. I find it scary though, as you know my computer skills are quite limited. I do need to stretch myself and step out of my comfort zone. Robyn, what do you think? Can we do it? LOL

Jessica, I haven't been to your blog yet, but my guess is congrats are in order. So, Congratulations. I will visit everyone's blog over the next two days I hope.

Heather, your not knowing what you have accomplished for the day so reminds me of myself four years ago when I retired. At the end of each day, I was feeling unproductive as I had no idea what I had done. On top of that each morning I didn't know what day it was. My solution was to do as I had when I worked. I formerly did weekly lesson plans so I got myself a planner and voila(!!!); I feel better now. When at the end of the day, I see how many things I marked off. Day by day I make adjustments as needed. I hope that helps.

Teresa, A few days ago we had the craziest weather ever in California. Over a period of a day and a half we had heavy rain, wind, thunder, lightening and ended with heavy,hard, noisy,large hail. I didn't care for the lightening as it seemed to be right over my roof but everyone else was claiming the same thing - so who knows. My mini poodle was okay with it all until the hail started. He did not like it.

Well, blessings and hugs to all. I'll be back.
Gloria C
Gloria's Legacy Stamping
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2010, 05:48 PM   #332  
Insane Embellisher

I'd love a blog hop! I am up to learning how to do it. I'll be practicing in November as I've been asked to be a part of a blog hop for a group of quilters! Isn't that a hoot? I'll be the only cardmaker/stamper/scrapbooker in the bunch! I don't know how they found me for sure but it will be Christmas cookie recipes and handmade gifts. I haven't figured out yet what my project will be they could make. I'm thinking handstamped Christmas tags. Any ideas for people who don't usually stamp? They wanted me as they said many of them enjoy crafts of all kinds. I'd love to do a 2nd blog hop too with all stampers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2010, 06:18 PM   #333  
Polyshrink Goddess

That's four of us so far for the blog hop...
Diane
Theresa
Gloria
Lori

I think we'll need most of the group on board for it to be a success. Let's brainstorm themes for our projects. Do we want to do fall, thanksgiving Christmas, or winter themes...or something altogether different like friendship, or gift ideas...I'm open to whatever. Let's chat about it.

Had a fabulous time with my mother all day long in my craft room...I'm making projects for my blog and getting a couple of tutorials ready to launch.

Hope everyone had a great day (and hope a good one is starting for you Theresa!)! Blessing to one and all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2010, 01:52 AM   #334  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm still here posting and commenting. Am I still part of the group?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2010, 07:10 AM   #335  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Good morning !
1st item on to-do list, visit each of your blogs and catch up here - DONE ! Fantastic projects as always, ladies =)
I'll try a blog hop, not sure what it entails, but I'm game.
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for yours, Lori. One idea: any sort of container repurposed, decorated with papers (or fabric scraps!) , etc and filled with a food item, recipe attached. Two ideas, then fill them with snowballs/russian tea cakes: Cold Play mason jar and Frosty S'mores mason jar
Have a safe and fun Halloween weekend everyone !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2010, 08:15 AM   #336  
Polyshrink Goddess

Great, Heather...glad you want to try it out. That's five of us...any more want to hop on board and try it out?

Hello, Donna! Good to see you here. YES, YES, YES, you are still very much a part of the group. Do you want to be included in a blog hop if we can pull if off? Would love to have you. We'd each do three projects (card, 3-D, packaging/tag) to post during the blog hop and each of of would link in our post to the next person in our group. It's pretty simple and the only learning curve might be learning to link to another blog in your post, but I'll help anyone who needs it.

Hope more of you will join the blog hop fun. It really is a fun thing to do...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2010, 08:24 AM   #337  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi girls!!
I am back from my visit to my parents, they are settled in for awhile. Dad's surgery went pretty well, although my Mom is very very frail, so prayers for her would be so appreciated! I am just tired!!
I think a blog hop would be great fun!! For me, it would just depend on how things are going on the homefront, but I should be able to swing it, if before the rush of the holidays. I notice there are lots of fun Christmas projects already out in blogville. As long as it is not too detailed and we have freedom to do different projects, I am game!
Heather, those russian tea cake cookies are my favorite, only my mom called them snowballs. They are so yummy. You always have really cute 3-D projects so you'll be a pro at those, I am sure!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2010, 10:24 AM   #338  
Polyshrink Goddess

I could try to do a blog hop. Just so you gals know, I won't be able to stamp the week of Thanksgiving and plan to do pre-posts at that time. I'm with Traci I think with enough notice I could try to pull it off.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2010, 11:04 AM   #339  
Crimping Master

YIKES, blog hop would mean, I have to come up with my own ideas and be technically smart?? That would be truly pushing me outside my box! Sure, I'm in, as long as you can all help me with the linkage and such.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2010, 12:17 PM   #340  
Polyshrink Goddess

Our blog hop participant list is growing! Yippee! Here's who we have so far. Tell me if I'm leaving you out.

Diane
Theresa
Gloria
Lori
Heather
Traci
Donna
Robyn

We're missing Jessica, Paige, Kristie and Cassandra...we'd love to have you girls. Just let me know if you have questions...or if you just really don't want to do it, but it would be such a hoot if everyone was in and we had 12 blogs for our guests to visit.

How many of you would rather wait until the Christmas rush is over. Would you rather do a January blog hop and do winter/Valentine themed projects. Don't want anyone stressing over the time frame, so let me know what you can do.

You can PM me with any personal thoughts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2010, 12:43 PM   #341  
Polyshrink Goddess

Diane,

I think a January blog hop would be good - at least for me. It would give us time to get through the holidays and prepare a bit.

Whatever the majority of the group wants to do. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2010, 12:46 PM   #342  
Polyshrink Goddess

By the way Robyn I had to laugh when I read your post. I'm technically challenged when it comes to the 3-D stuff.

Heather - are you out there? We are going to need your help!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2010, 05:27 PM   #343  

I'm open when it come to times. but I do have to mention that as an Aussie I don't do thanksgiving or halloween, or any other holiday stuff that is typically American. Valentine and Christamas and Easter are good thmes though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2010, 10:57 PM   #344  
Insane Embellisher

My back is making me change some plans. I need to stay away from the computer as much as possible. I've tried the chiropractor, the doctor, prednisone, physical therapy and I'm not getting better. I have to keep my day job. I'll be seeing a specialist now but sadly working at the computer hurts and makes things worse. I've dropped out of the Nov blog hop I was going to be in. If you wait until January I'd love to be part of it. If you are doing one sooner I think I'd better not plan on it. I'm trying to figure out how to keep up my blog and stay off the computer. hugs to all, lori
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2010, 11:39 PM   #345  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Lori,

I'm sorry to hear about your back. I understanding sitting in front of the computer doesn't help the issue. Take it easy and hope you feel better soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2010, 02:19 AM   #346  

Sorry to hear about your back Lori. I hope you can find a solution to your back and computer issues soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2010, 09:55 AM   #347  
Crimping Master

After Christmas for sure for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2010, 01:26 PM   #348  
Polyshrink Goddess

Let's plan on January then and do whatever winter or Valentine projects you would like. This will give us plenty of time to search for ideas, plan our projects and make them with minimal stress.

Lori, I'm so very sorry to hear about your back. I've experienced similar issues and they are no fun and staying away from the computer for long periods of time is a must. I hope you get relief soon. You can just count on an after-Christmas blog hop...we hope you can be a part of it.

I'll keep reminding everyone and will offer a "tutorial" here on how to link to another blog within your post well before our blog hop nears. I'm excited!

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'll be busy with family things here. #1 son is preaching at our church this Sunday so he and precious Jori will be here for Sunday dinner along with my mother. So fun family times, but a bit of work to take care of before they all arrive.

Blessings to all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2010, 08:30 PM   #349  
Pearl-ExPert

Sorry girls! I'd love a blog hop, just need a little guidance! I've been having a rough time here at home, but I got a job the other day and I start Wednesday!!

Hope all is good
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2010, 08:49 PM   #350  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissJessicaNicholeView Post
Sorry girls! I'd love a blog hop, just need a little guidance! I've been having a rough time here at home, but I got a job the other day and I start Wednesday!!

Hope all is good
Hi, Jessica! Good to hear from you but so sorry you are having some challenges. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. And I'll be happy to give you any guidance you need on the blog hop. Once I know that everyone is on board who wants to participant I'll create a tutorial here for the details...which are really minimal. Otherwise it's just about creating some showcase projects. It will be easy and there will be plenty of time to prepare. Glad you want to try it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2010, 09:45 PM   #351  

Sorry to hear about you having a rough time Jessica. But congratulations on starting a new job. Being a mum with little ones and working can be a challenge but I'm sure you'll find a way to make it all worth while. All the best.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2010, 03:21 PM   #352  
Insane Embellisher

I get 5 minutes on the computer and here I am! I have already started some valentine cards with some different templates so I'm super excited! We have some great crafty people within our Glitz Gals!! My blogging is going to be minimal for awhile but I'll keep up here so I'll know what is going on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2010, 12:02 AM   #353  

I've had a lovely Sunday after a very busy week. I had a sleep in which for me was a 7am rise. I didn't wake up with a head ache/migraine, which unfortunately has become a regular thing on my days off. Shared a delicious BBQ breakfast with my boyfriend. And I got up to date with my Hope challenges. Now I'm working on the uploading. Hope to have a blog entry up in the next couple of days.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2010, 12:06 AM   #354  
Polyshrink Goddess

And our Sunday is just beginning...three hours ago! Hope ours is lovely too. So glad you by-passed the headache. I have those yucky migraines too and they are no fun. Glad you had a special day doing what you love to do. Can't wait to see your new posts. I'll try to be patient while I wait for your gorgeous work!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2010, 01:04 AM   #355  

It looks like I'm not working tomorrow so I'll be heading into the city early to visit my mum for the day. We're putting an order together for fabric to make a patchwork quilt. It's been years since I made one. We'll spend the day surfing the net and perusing quilting books for the right patchwork pattern.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2010, 01:22 AM   #356  
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh, how fun, Theresa! Have a wonderful day with your mum. My mother and I talked about doing a quilt together this winter. I really want to keep it simple. We will probably machine piece and hand quilt. What about you? Let me know what design you decide on.

I get the BH & G newsletter and they always have a TON of free quilt patterns. HERE is the link to the latest one I got. Their back issues have a bunch too.

We visit Quilters Cache online a bunch, but I really like seeing "magazine quality" photos of the quilts before I dive in.

Last quilts I made were the easiest and coolest ever. Made one for each son, dark prints, all 10" squares patchworked. Love them. I machine pieced, machine quilted (had it done) and they are supposed to be used like crazy.

Fun fun fun. Have a glorious day, girlfriend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2010, 02:11 AM   #357  

Thanks for the link, I just had a quick look and it looks like fun inspiring stuff.

Last time I made a patchwork, (nearly ten years ago) we didn't have things like jelly rolls, layercakes and such. Fabric crafts sure looks exciting now!! I want to do a simple scrappy Sunshine and shadows with a line a fabrics called frenchlace batiks. The plan is to have a sewing bee with my mother one day and sew the whole top in one day. We'll also spend another day sewing a top for her. I'kk probable hand quilt it too. I attempted to machine quilt once and that was a mess, LOL.

If both of these tops turn out well, I'd like to choose some fabrics with my DD16 and do something together with her. I was just talking to her on the phone and she likes the idea.

Ten years ago I was a stay at home mum, but I don't have the time anymore to take on a big quilting project and shopping for the fabrics. I like how fabric is precut and prebundled now and I can shop from home via the internet.

We'll have to share our quilts when they are made

In the meantime there is always a card to make.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2010, 06:25 AM   #358  
Stazon Splitcoast

Theresa, your quilt lingo is making me hungry, I have never heard of jelly rolls and layer cakes in that relation!! Yumm.
I have always wanted to make a quilt and have not. Would you ladies recommend a type to start with or pattern? The idea of a quilting bee with your mum or mom sounds wonderful. I've missed that opportunity, but maybe some day with my daughter. And if you begin with one quilt, does it then become another collection in your craft room? Or can you make an entire quilt from a kit, and not have scraps of fabric everywhere? I do not want another collection...just a beautiful quilt!!

Theresa, I too am excited for your next card post...you have a beautiful style! Enjoy your day off. I too, have bad headaches, the only thing that helps me is to sometimes take an allergy cold medicine before I sleep.

We will be going to our church for worship here in a couple of hours. Then driving to Denver to visit my Father in law at the hospital. He had an anyeurism and had to have his foot amputated this week. It was not the expected outcome, and a shock to all of us. But he seems to have a good outlook and is ready to move on with a prosthesis. So that makes each of our parents, my mom and Dad and DH's dad in a hospital or rehab setting. Feels very unsettling, I have to say!

Wishing all of you ladies a restful Sunday! I will check in early this week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2010, 11:32 AM   #359  

Traci, I'll be thinking of you today. You're obviously going thru a season of challenges with your family.

For my headaches I've decided to start taking my Magnesium tablet in the evening instaed of the morning. I'm going to see if that makes a difference.

I have a hard time typing the word 'mom', so it was funny to see you slip your 'mom' in, in reply to my post about my 'mum', LOL.

The simplest patchwork you could make would be square patches. A layercake is precut 10" squares of about 42 coordinating squares. (A charm pack is cut at 5" square) So you wouldn't need to buy any of the cutting tools ($$$) and you get variety of fabrics with out buying yardage. No waste if you're just patching them together. The only tool I'd recommend, but not neccessary, is a 1/4" foot for your sewing machine. And a decent iron.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2010, 11:04 PM   #360  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Hello

Hello Girls, I decided to take a few minutes to catch up with all of you. I'm still working on projects for next Saturday's craft show. I feel like such a slow worker. I know the projects I want to make but am so indecisive about how I want the projects to look. I want everything to be perfect and that slows me down also. I should be reading all the mail coming in regarding the political issues and candidates. Would be nice if I am a well informed voter before I vote. Right? I also need to read and compare my existing medical insurance with other plans. I need to make a choice this week about that. Sorry I still haven't visited anyone's blog yet. I do want to. Signing off and sending hugs.

Gloria
Gloria's legacy stamping
Reply With Quote Likes