Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-06-2011, 09:30 PM   #521  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW....it's a little after midnight and I'm so impressed with your projects girls. What a wonderful blog hop!!!

We're just waiting on Gloria and Lori to go live and then it's a go. So far all the links work and it is a fun hop...

I'll be up early in the morning to check in on things and make sure we are 100% up and running. Great job, girlfriends. I hope lots of people just enjoy!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2011, 11:39 PM   #522  
Polyshrink Goddess

Everyone is up and running. It's 2:30 AM here. Even though Gloria and Lori, your post times indicate 12:01 or so, they didn't go live until a couple of hours later. So either your blogger is not set for CST or your post time was for your own time zones. Since I don't know where you live I'm not sure....

However...the good news is we are running smoothly. All links work, and we can sit back and enjoy the hop. Remember to keep the blog hop post up for a full 48 hours. I'll post blog hop winners Monday afternoon.

Hope you get lots of visits. Feel free to come back here and chat as the hop in running.

After the hop I have some fun ideas for getting to know one another better here....all fun, no work I promise...and totally voluntary!

I'm going to BED....probably won't be up too early either now that I know it's all a go.

Thanks so much for all your hard work, everyone. You did a fabulous job and I love, love, love all the projects!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2011, 11:46 PM   #523  
Polyshrink Goddess

Oops...I only thought I was ready for bed.

An additional thought...if you have you blog set for comment moderation (you have to approve comments before they post), you might want to check it pretty often and again on Monday before I pick the winners because I'll have to check the names drawn to make sure they really did comment!

Nighty night!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2011, 12:46 AM   #524  
Polyshrink Goddess

Yikes...just noticed our first glitch...Robyn you are supposed to link to Paige after you rather than back to me. Paige is the last in the loop and she will link to me. I sent you an email explaining how to make the correction.

THANKS, Sweetie! Don't stress...it will all work out fine!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2011, 02:12 AM   #525  
Hardware Hotshot

So much fun! too bad I have to be at school all day and can't check out the progress of the hop (blogs and many other sites, like splitcoast are blocked from us at work :(
But I'll check in when i get home and often over the weekend!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2011, 02:16 AM   #526  
Polyshrink Goddess

Ladies,

I thought the rules were to make 3 items not 5. This really isn't fair to the rest of us who only posted 3 items.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2011, 07:06 AM   #527  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado!

Hi ladies!
I checked in first thing to see , and will be back this evening to leave comments!! It is looking SOOO good, I am impressed!!
Oh, and I sent some of my other SCS friends your way...!!
You did it!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2011, 07:30 AM   #528  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2stamp50View Post
Yikes...just noticed our first glitch...Robyn you are supposed to link to Paige after you rather than back to me. Paige is the last in the loop and she will link to me. I sent you an email explaining how to make the correction.

THANKS, Sweetie! Don't stress...it will all work out fine!
Just fixed! Sorry about that I was looking at an old post when I posted.
Thanks for calling Diane! I was at work and couldn't answer....

I hope you all have a great weekend!!!

Off to go hop!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2011, 07:37 AM   #529  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Girls!
I wanted to let you know I'm working on the missing link for Paige. I called Robyn and emailed her but she's not available to change it right now. Hopefully we'll get it fixed as soon as possible. In the meantime I edited my post to put a note in to be sure and see Paige's post. We'll get the bugs all worked out today. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing before long.

I want to thank everyone again for the beautiful projects. They are all either totally adorable or stunningly elegant. All so unique, all beautifully done. You worked hard and as I looked at your projects [the minute they all went live! ;)] I realized again what a talented group of ladies you are, how fun it is to blog with you, and what a great accomplishment for us to pull this off. For many of us it was the first hop...and I'm proud of you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2011, 07:41 AM   #530  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by rscherzerView Post
Just fixed! Sorry about that I was looking at an old post when I posted.
Thanks for calling Diane! I was at work and couldn't answer....

I hope you all have a great weekend!!!

Off to go hop!
Woo-hoo! Not a problem, Robyn! I knew we had a couple of different lists, and figured that's what happened. I check all the links one more time and then remove the edit from my blog. It will all work seamlessly, so not to worry about it in the least.

YOU have a great weekend and thanks again for all your work, and responding so promptly!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2011, 08:19 AM   #531  
Insane Embellisher

Aren't you all proud?? I think it is a great 1st hop! Everyone did just fabulous! Diane, thanks for providing the great prizes and you too Donna! Let's hope we get some traffic!
Next week I'm going to post some more with times so I can see what happened last night and why it didn't post on time. I'll get it figured out before we have another one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2011, 08:25 AM   #532  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by postmarkView Post
Aren't you all proud?? I think it is a great 1st hop! Everyone did just fabulous! Diane, thanks for providing the great prizes and you too Donna! Let's hope we get some traffic!
Next week I'm going to post some more with times so I can see what happened last night and why it didn't post on time. I'll get it figured out before we have another one.
YES! I am proud of everyone. I think it's a fabulous first hop too. I hope the candy will draw more people to our posts.

Not sure why the time would do that unless your blog is set for a different time zone. You might go into your settings and check it there. Hope that helps. And I like your forward thinking to the NEXT hop!!!!

Remember everyone...keep checking your comment moderation so comments get posted!

Thanks again everyone....know our visitors will have a great time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2011, 11:46 AM   #533  
Hardware Hotshot

I went to all the blogs in the hop and what fun I had! So many fun, creative and beautiful projects to enjoy! Thanks Diane for organzing this!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2011, 12:16 PM   #534  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaigeView Post
I went to all the blogs in the hop and what fun I had! So many fun, creative and beautiful projects to enjoy! Thanks Diane for organzing this!
You are so welcome, Paige. Thank YOU for the sweet note and for your wonderful participation! We are having fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2011, 03:14 PM   #535  
Crimping Master

ok I have a silly question. I've seen on a few of the comments made that people are referring to my cards as CAS. What the heck does that stand for?? I'm sure it will be one of the hand slapping on head moments when you tell me but I can't for the life of me figure it out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2011, 03:17 PM   #536  
Hardware Hotshot

CAS = clean and simple, as in less is more.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2011, 03:25 PM   #537  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by rscherzerView Post
ok I have a silly question. I've seen on a few of the comments made that people are referring to my cards as CAS. What the heck does that stand for?? I'm sure it will be one of the hand slapping on head moments when you tell me but I can't for the life of me figure it out!
LOL...we bloggers are funny people aren't we. I'll confess something. When I first started blogging there were so many abbreviations (like LOL) that I couldn't figure out, I googled "blogging terminology" or something like that and got a whole LIST...like 7 pages of blogging terns and abbreviations. I couldn't figure out DH, and DIL....things like that. I could not believe how many abbreviations there were.

I was also stumped on CASE...knew it was being used as a verb, but could not figure that one out. Too funny.

No question is silly here, girlfriend. We want this to be your "safe" zone! Ask away!

And BTW (by the way) your projects are totally CUTE!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2011, 03:47 PM   #538  
Crimping Master

Quote:

CAS = clean and simple, as in less is more.
DOINK!!! Thanks! I knew it would be like duh, heard it a million times, but have NEVER typed it!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2011, 04:05 PM   #539  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Girls just checking in quickly. I'm home very briefly and all is well. We're still carting our stuff across the creek with 'shank's pony' LOL. But were I'm staying, though isolated most of the time, I'm staying high and dry.

I literally have 10 mins before I have to leave again. I've only had time to catch upon a couple of threads and approve my comments. As soon as I get back again I'll check in here staright away and try to catch up with everything. Who'd have known there'd be flooding, still, LOL.

I know my project didn't meet the original guideline of 3 projects, and my time these past few weeks has been very hectic. I was very nearly going to not participate, but I felt participating with my one project was better than not taking part. I need to keep this blog hop in perspective, and realistic to my current situation. Thanks for letting me be a part of it.

Good luck girls!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2011, 04:17 PM   #540  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisstreezView Post
Girls just checking in quickly. I'm home very briefly and all is well. We're still carting our stuff across the creek with 'shank's pony' LOL. But were I'm staying, though isolated most of the time, I'm staying high and dry.

I literally have 10 mins before I have to leave again. I've only had time to catch upon a couple of threads and approve my comments. As soon as I get back again I'll check in here staright away and try to catch up with everything. Who'd have known there'd be flooding, still, LOL.

I know my project didn't meet the original guideline of 3 projects, and my time these past few weeks has been very hectic. I was very nearly going to not participate, but I felt participating with my one project was better than not taking part. I need to keep this blog hop in perspective, and realistic to my current situation. Thanks for letting me be a part of it.

Good luck girls!

Oh...Theresa! So glad you could pop in even if just for a second. So glad to hear you are ok...and all is well there.

I'm SO glad you participated in the blog hop, and your card set is just beautiful. In fact, I'm going to try to replicate with what I have here. Gorgeous cards! Yep....perspective is so important.

Several posts ago when Lori shared Katie Renz's (I've known her for sometime online) situation (stage 4 cancer) it put a ton of stuff in perspective for me. Life is short...I just want to make it sweet! You take care of yourself! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2011, 05:04 PM   #541  
Polyshrink Goddess

This was a comment on my blog today...just thought I'd share it here in case you missed it, cause it's for everyone!

Diane, I just completed the "Hop!" and am totally pleased with everyone's projects! I've gone on many Blog Hops before, and found this one to be of superior quality, with tons of inspiration! THanks so much!
Chris

Isn't that super!? Good job, girlfriends!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2011, 07:59 PM   #542  
Insane Embellisher

I know! I read that post too and it impressed me!! I also just got off the stampin up site for demos. Heather and I posted our projects there to draw traffic. Besides some traffic we are currently on the first two pages of most popular cards! Woot! Woot! That is abnormal for me. But it is FUN!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2011, 08:12 PM   #543  
Stazon Splitcoast

Great job, girls!! I think you all did wonderful, and I am glad the first one was a success.

I am with Theresa, it is all perspective, and am still not doubting my decision to not participate this round. Things in life have been very up in the air and day to day, though not flooding...just wasn't sure if I would have internet access. But I did, and that is okay!!
So glad your comments have been positive and reflective of the hard work, and hope it was really fun for all of you!!

Theresa, you stay dry...and glad you popped in!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2011, 05:51 AM   #544  
Crimping Master

Hi ladies!
I did the hop this morning and you all did a fantastic job. Lovely variety of cards and projects!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2011, 12:18 PM   #545  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Ladies,

Thank you for the sweet comments you left on my blog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2011, 02:47 PM   #546  

Hi back again! On my drive home I didn't go thru any water, woohoo!

I've lost all sense of time and differences. I'm going to skip thru the blog hop now, if it's not too late.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2011, 03:44 PM   #547  

Yay I did it! Great job all round girls!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2011, 04:51 PM   #548  
Polyshrink Goddess

Glad you made it back safely T. and so glad you got to make the rounds. Totally fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2011, 06:30 PM   #549  
Embossing Fanatic

Ditto, ditto, ditto. I too had a great time blog hopping. Everyone's creations were out of this world. I had a few gliches (personal) but it all worked out. I am so blessed to have had Diane Puttin' on the blog hop for us and of course for the team work. Puttin' on the Glitz rocks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2011, 06:36 PM   #550  
Embossing Fanatic

I forgot to mention that I have been spreading the word about our hop. Went to my Spanish Up group, my email list and Blog 4 right here on SCS. Reading all those nice comments have been so uplifting. Question - is it possible to schedule the "turn Off' time on blogger for our off time? Talk to you tomorrow.
Gloria
gloria's legacy stamping
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2011, 07:07 PM   #551  
Polyshrink Goddess

It's almost over girlfriends! We can post something new or edit to remove the links and leave our posts up anytime after 12:01 AM Sunday, CST. I don't want to stay up that late again tonight (have to teach a Bible Study in the morning at church), so I have a modified post of the projects that will go live at 12:01 and as soon as I get up in the morning, I'll edit the original one, then delete the new one. Convoluted, I know.

I just think the Blog Hop was a huge success for our first run. And we can work out any kinks any of us had before the next one. I do have some fun ideas in the works for us to think about next week. A fun idea for getting to know one another better (you can limit your disclosure...but it won't be too personal I promise). And I have some thoughts about growing together as bloggers...adding some learning to our time together. Most of the time however, we'll just sit, sip our coffee/tea... and chat while we create!

I'm making the rounds in about an hour, to verify my list who qualify for the blog hop candy on my site. I hoped that helped send a few more people your way.

I spent the afternoon with my family. My mother prepared a big dinner for the extended family today...3 months to the day when Dad passed. It was good, sweet, therapeutic. She came back home with me tonight so she didn't have to face the "everyone's-gone-the-party-is-over" syndrome. Tomorrow we will go to church together, and we will rejoice in the day that we have been given.

Keep Theresa in your thoughts and prayers...it's really bad there. Go HERE to read about it. I doubt that very many are taking advantage of the situation like the guys in the picture!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2011, 01:46 AM   #552  
Polyshrink Goddess

Diane,

Could you please respond to my email. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2011, 04:47 AM   #553  
Polyshrink Goddess

Morning, everyone!
We woke up to a little snow here today. Very pretty...

I edited my blog hop post this morning to keep my projects up another day, and will announce the winners tomorrow.

Just wanted to say thanks again for all your hard work, for the beautiful projects, and for the fun you helped provide. Already looking forward to the next one.

Be sure to check back in on Heather's blog, cause she's going to give us instructions for her projects.

I'm off to enjoy the day and will be crafting this afternoon. Yippee!

Thanks again, everyone! Stay in touch here as you go through your week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2011, 04:58 AM   #554  
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks again Diane! I'm keeping my projects up, but changed the post title and removed the Blog Hop info part of the post.

I would be willing to do this again - so much fun!

My next project is to once again attempt using watercolors to my satisfaction!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2011, 05:47 AM   #555  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Thanks again Diane! I'm keeping my projects up, but changed the post title and removed the Blog Hop info part of the post.

I would be willing to do this again - so much fun!

My next project is to once again attempt using watercolors to my satisfaction!!!
Looks good....and thanks to you too for including links to the tutorials on making the step-up card and tube holder. I haven't made either one of those yet, so I'm going to use them as a challenge to me for this month. I bought some of those tubes, but haven't used them yet, and I love your winter project for them....thanks again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2011, 05:58 AM   #556  
Insane Embellisher

Paige, I honestly can't believe there is one part of card making you do that isn't wonderful! I love seeing what you have created and when I need a little inspiration I just check you out!
I also changed my posts so they aren't linked any longer.
Diane, I would like to learn more about blogging. I also think the getting to know you ideas will be fun too.
Theresa, the flooding is just awful. Hang in there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2011, 06:03 AM   #557  
Hardware Hotshot

Thank you so much for the kind words Lori! But anything that involves shading and/or artistic techniques makes my eyes roll into the back of my head and I begin to hyperventilate! It's quite the sight!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2011, 06:27 AM   #558  
Polyshrink Goddess

Ladies,

Well, apparently there is a lot more going on behind the scenes in this group than I realized. I received an email from Diane early Friday morning stating to me that she is sorry if I am offended or hurt because others have posted projects that didn’t meet my expectations

First of all, this is an unfair statement and I am appalled she would even say this to me. I think all of your projects are wonderful and very creative! I can see how much time was spent putting these together. I have spent months visiting each of you and commenting on how beautiful your cards are. I have written to Diane and it is obvious she is not going to reply I would like to know from the group if this is how you feel or is this just Diane’s perspective? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2011, 06:29 AM   #559  
Stazon Splitcoast

Watercoloring is tricky, that is another one of those artistic pursuits I want to pursue more of. I have a blog I follow that gives really wonderful tutorials on that!!

Theresa, yes, I hope you are staying safe and dry...I will be praying for you all and the flooding conditions!

Diane, I would love to learn more about blogging also...when I started this I knew more than I think I know now! I need some refresher courses for sure! I would really like to know how to make a blog banner, for one. I had one, and now have no idea how I made it. I'd like to know some websites that walk you through the design part of it.
And of course, getting to know each other would be great also.

I hope to be at home this week, then next am planning the trip to my parents. They are back in the nursing home after my Dad had several falls at home and then two emergency room trips. It has been just one day to the next, but the goal is still to ease them back home. I just don't know when that will be.

Have a blessed day, ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2011, 09:52 AM   #560  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracimView Post
Watercoloring is tricky, that is another one of those artistic pursuits I want to pursue more of. I have a blog I follow that gives really wonderful tutorials on that!!

Theresa, yes, I hope you are staying safe and dry...I will be praying for you all and the flooding conditions!

Diane, I would love to learn more about blogging also...when I started this I knew more than I think I know now! I need some refresher courses for sure! I would really like to know how to make a blog banner, for one. I had one, and now have no idea how I made it. I'd like to know some websites that walk you through the design part of it.
And of course, getting to know each other would be great also.

I hope to be at home this week, then next am planning the trip to my parents. They are back in the nursing home after my Dad had several falls at home and then two emergency room trips. It has been just one day to the next, but the goal is still to ease them back home. I just don't know when that will be.

Have a blessed day, ladies!
I think this is the perfect place for us to explore new tips and techniques both in our craft and blogging, so that would be very fun for us to explore. Interesting you should mention the blog banner...I'm in the process of creating a new one right now with margin dividers, etc. I share more about it next week after it goes live....we'll see if it works and how it actually looks before I offer too much advice on it!!! LOL.

So sorry for all the difficulties your parents are experiencing, and I know that makes it hard for you too. Just wish we could all offer more tangible help, but know our thoughts and prayers are with you and with them. I can tell you that you will never regret the time you spend with them. Hope they can get the help they need.
Reply With Quote Likes