Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-13-2010, 06:50 PM   #441  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Glitzy friends, remember me? My name is Geec aka Gloria....I've been a sicky. Aches and pains all over. Still achy but getting better. Ever hear of shingles? That's what I have. I got through Thanksgiving with the family and found out the next day the name of my condition. I've been trying to catch up with the discussions of the last two weeks. You girls have been busy and for the most part fun to read about your happenings. You have gone from ceramic tiles to aprons and pin cushions. From baking and traveling to new puppies. Now Shrinky Dinks. I love it. Heather I hope your dog will be with you for a long time to come - just so she is not in pain and living a quality life. Gotta get the phone. I'll be back.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2010, 07:11 PM   #442  
Polyshrink Goddess

Gloria...good to hear from you but how awful that you have shingles. I know those can be quite painful. I'll be praying for your healing, so that you can enjoy Christmas with your family. Glad you plan to hop back here soon...take good care of yourself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2010, 07:24 PM   #443  
Embossing Fanatic

Ok, I'm back. Now for more down memory lane with all of you. I apologize in advance if I skip anyone.
Tracie, I'm with you. I want to stay home on Black Friday. How did your DD turkey turn out. I remember my daughters first turkey. But that's another story - for another day.
So good to hear your FIL was able to have Thanksgiving at home. You are a blessing to your FIL and to your DH.
Robyn, I am praying your dad will recover from his heart condition. Maybe this is the crisis that will soften his heart for the Lord.
Heather, I hope you are better now and able to have Christmas with your parents.
Sorry, there's the phone again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2010, 07:46 PM   #444  
Embossing Fanatic

Guess who? See now you can't get rid of me. I try to get the phone when I see it's someone checking on me. I am so blessed to have family and friends care about my well being. Back down memory lane.
Diane, sewing with your mom. Spending quality time together. Can't get better than that.
Tracie and Lori - I hope you are able to find a solution to your back aches. I have back aches right now but I have to sleep on my back because it's more comfortable than on either of my sides.
Theresa, Diane and Tracie - How awesome that the three of you have sewing in common. I tried to sew a dress for my DD when she was barely walking using a Simplicity pattern but ended up too frustrated. I tend to want perfection on even my first try on anything I do. Never tried to sew again.
Theresa, I love your comment on 'we' bought a puppy. To Funny.
Well, I enjoyed visiting with you all again. I will try to visit your blogs this week. I tire easily right now. This is the longest I've been on the computer in a long time. I also need to get back to my blog. I hope I still have followers.
Take care everyone. God bless you all.
Gloria
Gloria's Legacy Stamping
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2010, 10:58 PM   #445  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Gloria I'm sorry to hear you've got shingles. While I've never had it, the people I know who do have it, all say the same thing - pain! Hoping for a speedy recovery for you so you can enjoy your Christmas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2010, 10:59 PM   #446  

For those who may have missed it, I did my guest designer spot on the CAS challenge for this week. If any of you get to participate I'd love to hear about it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2010, 12:01 AM   #447  

I hear some parts of the US have been getting some very nasty blizzards. I hope you are all safe and not suffering the cold too much. I've never experienced a blizzard. I thought the cold snaps we get were shocking enough.

We've had several days of rising humidity, and this afternoon we've got a storm trying to whip itself up into a frenzy. I've just gone and cleaned the leaves away from the gutter downpipes, coz I'm expecting a hard and heavy rain any moment now. I've been told to expect an explosion in the cane toad and frog population soon. Arrgghh! I hate toads and frogs!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2010, 08:57 AM   #448  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Updated Blog Hop List

Woo-hoo! Paige just confirmed she will be joining us for the blog hop. So here's the updated list as I have it now.

Diane
Theresa
Gloria
Lori
Heather
Traci
Donna
Robyn
Paige

Can't wait. I've attached the directions again here in case you didn't pick them up on the previous page. Let me know if you have questions...as the time gets closer, I'll be chatting more and sending some reminders.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Directions for Blog Hop.doc (34.5 KB, 10 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2010, 09:49 AM   #449  
Embossing Fanatic

Hello again, I just had to let Theresa know about my own personal blizzard I am having right here in sunny southern California. My thermostat went out Sunday eve. I thought I was cold because that's the usual for me. Monday morn. I realized it was the thermostat. I replaced the batteries. I do that about once a year and has always solved the problem. Not this time. I am so cold. I have someone coming today to see what's going on. See you at your blogs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2010, 03:29 AM   #450  
Polyshrink Goddess

I participated in the challenge.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2010, 04:09 AM   #451  
Insane Embellisher

Hi all! I'm excited to start creating my 3 projects for the blog hop which will be my first hop I've participated in. I have some new stamp sets from the new mini and they are waiting to get inked.
I had my first day yesterday that was relatively pain free. I went through the entire day smiling from ear to ear. I'm only working 6-7 hours a day yet but by the end of the year I should be back on my full time schedule.
And here's my first two questions on the hop. Can I list all three pictures in one window of blogger along with the details? I haven't ever posted long blogs before so I don't know if I do them separately or if blogger will let me post all in one.
Also, will the paragraph cut and copy as it is Diane except for our individual links to each other? To be more specific the link to your blog is highlighted and works for me but do I need to enter it as a link myself?
Thanks for your help!

Last edited by postmark; 12-16-2010 at 04:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2010, 04:33 AM   #452  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by postmarkView Post
Hi all! I'm excited to start creating my 3 projects for the blog hop which will be my first hop I've participated in. I have some new stamp sets from the new mini and they are waiting to get inked.
I had my first day yesterday that was relatively pain free. I went through the entire day smiling from ear to ear. I'm only working 6-7 hours a day yet but by the end of the year I should be back on my full time schedule.
And here's my first two questions on the hop. Can I list all three pictures in one window of blogger along with the details? I haven't ever posted long blogs before so I don't know if I do them separately or if blogger will let me post all in one.
Also, will the paragraph cut and copy as it is Diane except for our individual links to each other? To be more specific the link to your blog is highlighted and works for me but do I need to enter it as a link myself?
Thanks for your help!
So happy to hear you are doing better. Chronic pain is so wearing so I'm glad you are getting some relief.

Yes, you can insert as many pictures as you want, just do your intro typing first, then put your cursor where you want to insert the picture. Insert the picture, then hit enter to give yourself some space after the picture and continue with text or put another picture in. You can upload as many pictures as you want to your blogger photo launcher, then just select them from there when you are ready for them. If you need step-by-step instructions, let me know...I'll be happy to help.

Yes, you should be able to simply copy and paste the text I gave you and the links should work. You can test them in blogger in a preview mode. Have you done that before? I can't remember where it is on the posting window, but PREVIEW is there somewhere and you can click on the links and it should go there. If in doubt, delete my links and insert new ones to my blog.

If this isn't clear, let me know and I'll be more specific.

I'm so excited to see what your projects are. I haven't even sent my pre-order in yet, can you believe it! Gotta do that today!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2010, 04:47 AM   #453  
Polyshrink Goddess

Gloria...hope you're toasty warm by now and the problem is fixed!

Donna...I saw your entry in the CAS challenge. Totally gorgeous card...left you a comment there. Love that stamp.

I love this group!!!! Have a great day...one and all! I'm doing housecleaning for the weekend and finishing my Christmas cards today, I hope! Time is whizzing by...cannot believe Christmas is sooo close. I still have shopping to do next week, and several crafting gifts to finish, which I'll post when finished.

Just saw the flyer where Archiver's is going online for shopping! Woo-hoo! The closest Archivers is about 40 minutes away from me. Now we can order online! Yippee.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2010, 11:45 AM   #454  

Quote:

Originally Posted by geecView Post
Hello again, I just had to let Theresa know about my own personal blizzard I am having right here in sunny southern California. My thermostat went out Sunday eve. I thought I was cold because that's the usual for me. Monday morn. I realized it was the thermostat. I replaced the batteries. I do that about once a year and has always solved the problem. Not this time. I am so cold. I have someone coming today to see what's going on. See you at your blogs.
As an Aussie, I often hear about the 'thermostat'. It sounds like something that is installed into every house, no? I was thinking it might be something like we have here, but our climate control units are hard wired to the house. Now I hear you have batteries with thermostats and now I'm confused, LOL.

I live in sunny Queensland, and I think our weather would be similar to Florida. Miami reminds me of our Gold Coast.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2010, 11:46 AM   #455  

Quote:

Originally Posted by OcicatView Post
I participated in the challenge.
I was leaving some comments and I noticed one of the cards was yours! Love that stamp you used.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2010, 06:05 PM   #456  
Insane Embellisher

Woo-Hoo!! I needed a creative outlet after sending off hundreds of cards and packages today. I have my first project done and an idea for one more! Done for the night but that was FUN!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2010, 06:24 PM   #457  

Hi girls,

Looks like we're having a reprieve from all this rain we've been getting. There can be no doubt now that the drought is over!! I went for a drive up to the farm house early last night. Several times on the way I very nearly turned back. Several roads were blocked off and the open roads had varying degrees of flooding. Closer to the house I left my car parked on the side of the road/driveway and got a lift the rest of the way. Our Christmas evening service was cancelled due to the running creeks. Hoping for better access later in the week when the service is rescheduled.

We went to a wedding Saturday afternoon. You wouldn't believe, with all the rain and humidity that we've had all week, when it came time for the service the weather was perfect!! The air was cool and the rain had stopped. For a while there I had visions of myself, with mud squished up into my sandal, mud spots flicked onto my white skirt and my make up sliding down off my face from working up a sweat sitting in the church, LOL. What a great save! Lovely wedding.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2010, 06:45 PM   #458  

Today I finally started on getting my SU! colours in order. Since the change, it has all been in disarray. I've made up two swatch carts, one for my craft room and one for the dining table, where I make my cards. I figure if I have these within sight I'll start to reorder my thinking into the current sequence of colours.

The change over was not helped by the fact that the SU! colour sequence at the front of the catalogue is not the same order as the one in the back. My type of thinking requires it to be in an order and I didn't know which one to go for, so I did nothing and got into a right pickle with it all. I've decided to settle for the one in the back.

Next job, reordering the colours in my filing cabinet and creating an ordered sequence for all the retired stuff. I'm also trying to get a grip on my unmounteds as well. I've order lots of cases and storage sheets from the US today. They just don't sell what I need here and SU! doesn't include extra storage options in their catty either. I'd have been happy to order lots of cases from them if they were available. My $32 order had a $100 shipping tag on it!! Crazy, but what can you do? If you thought your hobbies were expensive in the US, try living here LOL. What ever doesn't fit into my storage cases will be packaged up for a sale table.

Being this unorganized is sapping my crafting joy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2010, 01:04 AM   #459  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Woo-Hoo!! I needed a creative outlet after sending off hundreds of cards and packages today. I have my first project done and an idea for one more! Done for the night but that was FUN!!
WOW...sounds like you've been busy! Hundreds of cards??? I made about 150 and felt pretty good about that, but you win the prize, girlfriend! I can't wait to see your projects. Glad you are having fun with them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2010, 01:20 AM   #460  
Polyshrink Goddess

Theresa...I just love hearing about all your adventures as an Aussie, but goodness these recent ones sound a bit harrowing! As I read about the flooding and your trek to the farmhouse I felt like I was reading a book. Glad you made it safely, and I'm glad you didn't have to squish through mud at the wedding!

I STILL haven't become accustomed to the new color families. I have to keep my little chart handy right by my marker case and stamp pad caddy so I get everything back in order. You're right...every single listing of the colors is different! I printed out the color chart from their "renovation" site which is different from the two in the catty, and there is yet a different order on the new marker insert. Very confusing. Still, all in all I was happy with the change. I love the new basic colors now...just can't remember what categories they go in.

Doesn't it feel good to get organized? I love it when I "clean the slate" in my craft room and feel organized. Problem is I don't stay organized. One card making frenzy and it looks like the wreck of the Hesperus all over again.

I had a WOW-factor surprise in my mailbox Saturday! You sweetheart, you! What a gorgeous card. I must have that stamp! Where did you get it? It's gorgeous. And what die were the poinsettia layers from? Oh, my! It was just stunning. And the petals popped right up! THAT made me smile! I took your sympathy and Christmas cards to church and shared that they that came all the way from Australia. Both got lots of ooohhhs and aaahhhhs--and the church members were amazed that I had a caring friend around the world!!! Thank you so very, very much.

I started AND finished my Christmas cards Saturday! I made about 150 and got them addressed. Didn't make it to the post office though, so they won't go out until Monday. I've just been so behind on everything this fall/winter so far.

Anyway...you made my day this weekend and I just had to give you a shout-out! THANKS!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2010, 03:02 AM   #461  

Awww....:p

Glad you liked the surprise So the stamp is by Stamp It! an Australian company but I do believe they distribute in the states. I could be wrong on that score though. I bought mine as a half sheet unmounted rubber, but they do come singly and mounted. Too many of my stamps go unused and I've set myself a task to "use it or lose it". This set will get to stay with me for another year, I got good use out of it this year!

The dies are on a Spellbinders black list I think. Something to do with protecting patents and seeking to ban the sale of them in the US. That doesn't stop you from buying OS of course. They are Marianne Creatables dies. Marianne is Dutch or German and makes gorgeous intricate dies. If you scroll down a bit on this blog Marianne Design Challenge Blog you'll see the dies I used. As soon as I saw them at my LSS I had to have them, lol. I really liked how my cards turned out this year. I love that the parts used to make the card originated from differing parts of the world.

There is another die company (English??) called Joy Crafts, and they make some nice dies too. One in particular I'm after is a set of small leaf cuts, somewhat similar to the hard to find, intricate leafy punch by MS. Lucky for me they are freely available here in Oz. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2010, 03:38 AM   #462  

I popped into town this afternoon and did my Christmas shopping...yay! This evening I made some phone calls to coordinate gift giving with my family and I'll have to drive to the city on the night of the Christmas service (Wed), so I'll miss that. :( Was looking forward to going but I can't do all things. We've still got an option to go to a service on Friday evening closer to home. Looking forward to seeing my children before they go off on their long journey to spend Christmas with my in-laws.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2010, 06:32 AM   #463  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado!

Good morning, girls!!
Theresa, those dies are very intricate and pretty, didn't realize they were sold overseas!

And I have not even tried to organize my SU! this round...I don't have all of the colors but what I do have, I filed alphabetically but my inks now outnumber my carousel, so store more in the closet, and they do keep getting mixed up. If there was a swatch or something to help, I would purchase one. Let me know. I also have distress inks, then the inks for copics only...etc. I am like Diane, one card and it is all a mess anyway! But it sure does feel good to get organized and have a general idea where to find things!

Theresa, it sounds like you have Christmas services all week long. We have 3 on Christmas Eve and the normal Sunday services. I hope you can make it to one!! And so happy you get to see your kids before they leave.

Things here have been difficult, mostly with parent's health situations. My parents are still in a nursing home due to complications with my Dad's knee. They were supposed to be going home to be reunited with their doggies last week, but he had to go back in the hospital on Tuesday. Now they won't be relesed until after Christmas. I am hoping against hope otherwise...but they seem resigned, though saddened by the idea. So that has been a hard one for me, talking long distance to my Mom while she cries over the phone. I wanted so badly to drive down over the weekend, but they kept insisting I stay as there was nothing I could do. Thankfully there is a lot of family there to visit and ease this transition...and a chapel at the home they can go to. Anyway that is my story this past week. But Lord willing, they will be home in another 2 weeks. We are trusting in the Lord's timing, and that Dad will be in full health and operating with both knees to help care for Mom before going home. So that is a good thing!!

Hugs to you all...I will check in soon, just wanted to let you know the why for my absence. Hope you are enjoying this beautiful Christmas season!

Last edited by tracim; 12-20-2010 at 06:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2010, 09:48 AM   #464  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracimView Post
Good morning, girls!!
Theresa, those dies are very intricate and pretty, didn't realize they were sold overseas!

And I have not even tried to organize my SU! this round...I don't have all of the colors but what I do have, I filed alphabetically but my inks now outnumber my carousel, so store more in the closet, and they do keep getting mixed up. If there was a swatch or something to help, I would purchase one. Let me know. I also have distress inks, then the inks for copics only...etc. I am like Diane, one card and it is all a mess anyway! But it sure does feel good to get organized and have a general idea where to find things!

Theresa, it sounds like you have Christmas services all week long. We have 3 on Christmas Eve and the normal Sunday services. I hope you can make it to one!! And so happy you get to see your kids before they leave.

Things here have been difficult, mostly with parent's health situations. My parents are still in a nursing home due to complications with my Dad's knee. They were supposed to be going home to be reunited with their doggies last week, but he had to go back in the hospital on Tuesday. Now they won't be relesed until after Christmas. I am hoping against hope otherwise...but they seem resigned, though saddened by the idea. So that has been a hard one for me, talking long distance to my Mom while she cries over the phone. I wanted so badly to drive down over the weekend, but they kept insisting I stay as there was nothing I could do. Thankfully there is a lot of family there to visit and ease this transition...and a chapel at the home they can go to. Anyway that is my story this past week. But Lord willing, they will be home in another 2 weeks. We are trusting in the Lord's timing, and that Dad will be in full health and operating with both knees to help care for Mom before going home. So that is a good thing!!

Hugs to you all...I will check in soon, just wanted to let you know the why for my absence. Hope you are enjoying this beautiful Christmas season!
Traci...
I'm attaching the new SU color chart that I go by...but as Theresa pointed out there are several different schemes for ordering within the main categories. Still this might help somewhat. It's the only way I can manage.

So sorry to hear that your parents will have to have an extended stay at the nursing home. I'm praying for you and for them. I know this has to be so hard at Christmas. Not only is it a sad time not to have things as we are used to them being, but it's frustrating because we are totally unable to change it all. Guess that's where all the power, grace, and endurance of God comes in...He supplies where we lack. Always does...always will. He is amazing every single day. I love Him so much. I'll continue praying away....

As we center on Christ this season, the transient seems to fade and the everlasting shines forth. May you be engulfed in that truth this Christmas.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf New_Colors_US_0310.pdf (26.6 KB, 4 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2010, 08:47 AM   #465  
Polyshrink Goddess

Please email me with who I should list before and after me for the blog hop.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2010, 11:16 AM   #466  

Traci, I'm sorry to hear about your parents. Sounds like they are getting good care and attention to their needs and that has to be a good thing. Understandably you'd be distressed hearing your mother cry in her frustration. Hang in there.

After work I drove into the city to share Christmas gift giving with my ex and children at my mothers home. It turned out to be a very lovely and enjoyable time. It was a brief get together lasting about two hours. My mother commented that it was was one the best Christmas occasions she has had in a long time. My children and their father are starting a 24 hour road journey to visit his family. With all this rain across the country, this little mama chook is understandably a wee bit worried. :S

There is predictions of very heavy rains for my area over the next few days. I'm packing supplies for several days and heading up to the farm hopefully today. I'll be taking gas cookers and extra batteries with me just in case we lose power. And now I hear that we might not even make it back to the farm today. That could be cut off anytime soon. Might have to stay at my home after all. I'll be glad when we are all settled into our place of refuge, where ever that may be, and then we'll just have to wait. I just don't want to be trapped at my home by myself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2010, 07:34 PM   #467  
Polyshrink Goddess

Let's just go in the order I mentioned in a post previously for the blog hop. I think that was the order everyone signed up in, so it's as good an order to go as any.

You will need to link to the person before AND after you using the text I gave you earlier.
Let me know if anyone has any questions. Can't wait. It will be so fun!

Diane
Theresa
Gloria
Lori
Heather
Traci
Donna
Robyn
Paige
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-23-2010, 10:11 PM   #468  
Embossing Fanatic

Hello friends, Just chiming in to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a New Year filled with God's blessings.
Tracie, My heart goes out to you. I know what it feels like to want to be with your parents at a time like this. I've been in such a situation. I pray your dad's knee will heal without further complications as well as to have a speedy recovery.
Messy craft rooms. I think I am queen of messy. All I have to do is walk in there and I create havoc. Organizing is a never ending job for me. I chose to use the color chart to help me but it hasn't been easy learning the colors of each family. The old color chart seemed more logical than the new.
I had a follow up visit with my Dr. and the shingles have dried but some pain remains. Not as painful as the first two weeks. I am so thankful. I had to have the thermostat replaced. So I am warm and toasty again. During those three days I was counting my blessings as I did have a heating pad, warm clothes, a roof over my head. hot water and a small electric heater. Teresa, I hope you do not have to weather the rains all alone. We just had four days of rain, lots of rain. Many areas around here have experienced flooding and mud slides. Lots of damage to homes, roads and bridges.
Blog hop - I have a couple ideas but not on paper yet. My plan is to have them completed before New Years and before my Jan stamp camps.
Well, I must close as I have some gift cards to make as well as some treat holders. Both will go in the stockings. Merry Christmas.
Gloria
Gloria's Legacy Stamping
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2010, 05:43 AM   #469  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Merry Christmas ! It's a White Christmas here =)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2010, 07:51 AM   #470  
Polyshrink Goddess

Merry Christmas everyone...just about ready to begin our big Christmas dinner here. Did lots of baking ahead so it shouldn't be too hard to pull it all together now. One son yet to arrive and then our celebrations can begin. We'll have a quiet Christmas, different, but still rejoicing in all God's promises and many, many blessings.

Have a wonderful day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2010, 03:23 AM   #471  

Hi glitzy girls, Hope you all had a lovely Christmas. I did end up making it to a Christmas Eve service, made very memorable when the children doing their nativity scene used a real live baby for manger! And it was very hard to stop giggling when the pastor, without a hint of irony, said he had to attend a funeral....of someone that had died.

I spent Christmas with my boyfriend out on the farm. When I arrived I had to wade thru a creek and the same when I left, three days later. We left the car on the escape side so we would be free to go to church or town. We set up a real tree and decorated it up. For dinnner we cooked our first turkey ever, in the Weber, and it turned out to be absolutely delicious. Begginers luck maybe! Other activities included, walking the dogs (5) down the road to check on the creek levels a couple of times a day, and bulldozing ( him not me, LOL) a spillway clear on one of the dams.

I came home yesterday, when I figured it was safe to do so. I'm so glad I did. Now all of our main roads and bridges are flooded over. Bryan is trapped on his farm, and by now the creek has eroded away his road. One of our friends is spending the night in her car tonight as she is trapped between two creeks. She says she has food and drink with her and she is on high ground so she is safe, uncomfortable but safe. I ventured out to give a report to BF of the situation where I am. At one point I came up to a T-section, and instinct told me not to go any furthur, so I did a U turn and left. An hour later, that place was under water and flooding farms and homes. Bryan kept on telling me all afternoon there was a big creek coming down and he was right.

In the bigger picture, our area has faired quite well. Many towns thru out the state are on evacuation alert. As for me, I'm high and dry, and sorting out my rubber stamp collection.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2010, 07:18 AM   #472  
Polyshrink Goddess

Morning, everyone!
We had a very good Christmas. It was so good to have my two sons and daughter-in-love home. Mother did very well. She's being so brave and faithful. We noticed Dad's absence most when we sat down to the table, but there is still so much to be thankful for that we were rejoicing more than we were sad. Jori (DIL) received word on Christmas Eve that her grandfather in Michigan had died. So they were making arrangements while here about how to get there for the funeral. So it was an unusual Christmas, but Jesus still came shining through!

WE HAVE A CHANGE TO OUR BLOG HOP ORDER! Traci has had to step down from the blog hop for this time due to unforeseen circumstances. Life happens, doesn't it! So we'll miss her, but we'll just make those adjustments in our order.

So Heather and Donna, the change will affect you primarily. See the new list below with Traci taken out, and make your new links accordingly. Let me know if you need any help with linking. Heather you will now link to Donna after you and Donna you will link to Heather as being before you. And the links on my post will reflect the changes too.

Here's the NEW LIST for the blog hop:

Diane
Theresa
Gloria
Lori
Heather
Donna
Robyn
Paige

Let me know if you have questions....we're getting close now and I can't wait to see your fun projects. I'm gathering the goodies for the big blog candy give away to one winner.

Happy crafting girlfriends...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2010, 07:33 AM   #473  
Polyshrink Goddess

Theresa...so glad you are safe, high and dry! I hope your friend is ok. I'd be so panicked caught between two rising creeks and in my car. I'd probably not be able to sleep at all. Do let us know when she is in the all clear. Also...I'm SO glad you followed your instincts to stay away from the intersection. Flash flooding is so devastating and totally unpredictable. God's hand was surely on you...and I'm grateful. Take care of yourself. Thanks for staying in touch with us, so we know you are ok. Though you are far away...you are close in our hearts, girlfriend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2010, 03:04 PM   #474  
Insane Embellisher

Diane, I can see how you thought I made hundreds of cards! I am a postmaster and the cards and packages going out belonged to my customers! Mine.... about 45!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2010, 07:15 PM   #475  

My friend made it home safe and sound. Waters have subsided, but we're expecting another lot of rain in the next 24-48 hours. The general feeling is that the worst is yet to come. But we're prepared as much as we can be. In a short time I'll head back up to the farm while I have a break in the floodwaters. I've heard nearly every bridge between me and the farm has been badly damaged if not wrecked. Luckily there are still some alternate routes available.

Not sure when I'll be back, but I'll be sure to let you know when I'm home again. If I don't get back before the weekend, I hope you all have a safe and Happy New Year celebration.

And Traci, I'm thinking of you and your parents and hope you are all holding up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2010, 05:27 PM   #476  
Embossing Fanatic

Hello Glitzy friends. I don't know if I'm more embarrassed or if I am more angry at myself. I just posted three new cards I had forgotten. I didn't change the schedule date, so they got posted in with the November cards. UGH! After hearing Tracie is not able to participate in the blog hop and about Theresa's friends sleeping in her car, I am having an attitude adjustment. My situation is nothing next to theirs. Tracie, I'm praying for you and your parents. Theresa, I'm so glad your friend is safe. Thank you for updating us. Everyone have a blessed and safe New Years Day and a happy, healthy and blessed 2011.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2010, 10:38 PM   #477  

I'm so happy to report that the expected follow up rain didn't happen in our valley, other places not so lucky. We're told an area bigger than the size of Texas is under flood threat.

We spent a bit of time yesterday afternoon, collecting the biggest rocks we could carry, to fill in a space in the side of the road washed away by the creek. Then we went looking for council (local government) gravel to fill in the gaps. Under ordinary circumstances that would be stealing, but the council had already told us that the road leading into the farm was a low priorty (we agreed), so we under took our own make-do repair. We only needed to make it wide enough just to get a car across. It is narrower than a car parking space, but it works, for now.

It's been a interesting week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2010, 06:15 AM   #478  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Diane, I can see how you thought I made hundreds of cards! I am a postmaster and the cards and packages going out belonged to my customers! Mine.... about 45!
Ah, ha! I get the picture now! How did I miss that you were a postmaster!? I'm just glad you like making your own cards after handling so many all day long!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2010, 06:18 AM   #479  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by geecView Post
Hello Glitzy friends. I don't know if I'm more embarrassed or if I am more angry at myself. I just posted three new cards I had forgotten. I didn't change the schedule date, so they got posted in with the November cards. UGH! After hearing Tracie is not able to participate in the blog hop and about Theresa's friends sleeping in her car, I am having an attitude adjustment. My situation is nothing next to theirs. Tracie, I'm praying for you and your parents. Theresa, I'm so glad your friend is safe. Thank you for updating us. Everyone have a blessed and safe New Years Day and a happy, healthy and blessed 2011.
That is something I'd do Gloria! You can go back in, edit, and change the post date on "post options" at the bottom of your posting window. You can bump them right up to the front of your blog for all to see! Let me know if you need more specific information.

Happy New Year to you and to one and all !!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2010, 06:20 AM   #480  
Polyshrink Goddess

Traci...Thank you for the beautiful card and very sweet words. You are certainly in our thoughts and prayers. Keeping your parents right there too. Know that we care.
Reply With Quote Likes