Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Blogging Groups (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/blogging-groups-290/)
-   -   Puttin' on the Glitz! Blogging Group (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/blogging-groups-290/puttin-glitz-blogging-group-504022/)

luv2stamp50 08-26-2010 12:33 PM

Puttin' on the Glitz! Blogging Group

Welcome to Puttin' on the Glitz! blogging forum. I'm thrilled that all of you wanted to be a part of this fun endeavor.

This thread is where we will communicate as a group. So bookmark this page so it will be easy to find in your favorites. You will have to make at least one comment here for group comments to show up in your emails. That way you'll know what's going on. So let me know you found this by commenting below.

Here's a review of the rules and our group list.

Blogging can be time consuming and stressful...so let's keep it simple. That doesn't necessarily mean low expectation. It just means we will all understand life happens! So, without further ado...the rules.
  1. You must have a blog that you regularly update, minimum effort...once weekly.
  2. Make every attempt to visit the group members blogs and comment...minimum effort--weekly. Keep comments positive and encouraging.
  3. One of the easiest ways to keep up is to SUBSCRIBE to each member's blog if they have the subscribe option. It puts the post into your email, so you know immediately when someone posts. This isn't mandatory, put preferable.
  4. Post group blogs on side bar of your blog

Let's commit to three months, see how it goes and renew commitments at the end of that time.

1. Diane's Designs (Diane Noble)
2. Altered for Him (Cassandra)
3. Handmade By Jessica (Jessica)
4. Misstreez Weblog (Theresa)
5. My Cheery Stampin' Space (Lori)
6. She Who Must Stamp (Paige)
7. Donna's Designs (Donna)
8. crafty sahm i am (Heather)
9. Robyn's Stampin' Hood (Robyn)
10. Major Moments (Traci)
11. Gloria's Legacy Stampin' (Gloria)
12. Kreated by Kristie (Kristie)

MissJessicaNichole 08-26-2010 12:45 PM

Woohoo!!! Hello!

ksmile1978 08-26-2010 12:57 PM

Yay! Hello everyone!

tracim 08-26-2010 01:15 PM

Present and about to do some blog hopping! Thanks, Diane!

Cass2sons 08-26-2010 02:22 PM

Hi! I love the name! I am going to stop by everyone's blog in just a minute! Thanks so much Diane!!

Ocicat 08-26-2010 02:30 PM

Welcome Robyn, Traci, Gloria & Kristie!

Traci - I purchased my vinyl bookmark sleeves from here. The one on my blog is the mini-marker size 2" x 5".

I've updated my sidebar to include everyone. Thanks.

Cass2sons 08-26-2010 02:32 PM

Wow, you ladies are so talented! I love your blogs and I stopped by to leave a little note! :)

heather freeman 08-26-2010 02:47 PM

Hello=)

rscherzer 08-26-2010 05:03 PM

Need help

Hello I'm here!
Diane I will for sure need instructions on how to add everyone on my sidebar. I'm clueless on how to do hardly a thing on my blog and have only been learning by begging for people to give me instruction! :0)

thanks ahead of time!

MissJessicaNichole 08-26-2010 05:05 PM

Robyn- Click on dashboard and then design for the blog. Then click add gadget and find link list. You can add by either website or blogs your already following. :)

tracim 08-26-2010 05:17 PM

I think I completed the blog visits today, so fun to see everyone and after time I'll figure out who is who...great and varied talent here, too!!

Robyn, I have had to ask people for help all along the way, and still need it!! So ask away,and hopefully you will get the information you are looking for! I'm pretty sure I don't do mine the fastest or most efficient way, but usually it gets done!

postmark 08-26-2010 05:19 PM

I'm here! I've already been visiting blogs. I'm having difficulty being a "follower" of the wordpress ones but I have them bookmarked. It also might take me a little while to put links on the sidebar. I'm certainly a newbie.... less than a month of blogging time! I'm looking forward to having more cyber-stamping friends! Nice to meet you! lori

MissJessicaNichole 08-26-2010 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by postmark (Post 17222406)
I'm here! I've already been visiting blogs. I'm having difficulty being a "follower" of the wordpress ones but I have them bookmarked. It also might take me a little while to put links on the sidebar. I'm certainly a newbie.... less than a month of blogging time! I'm looking forward to having more cyber-stamping friends! Nice to meet you! lori

When you make a blog list, you can add the wordpress blog also by doing it with the url.

tracim 08-26-2010 05:35 PM

Yes, I added all of you through the add a gadjet, "bloglist" and copied and pasted each address individually. It will automatically alphabetize too for you. Does that make sense?

Misstreez 08-26-2010 05:43 PM

Subbing.

Looks like I'll have a bit of catching up to do when I get back home. :D

Welcome to all!!

MissJessicaNichole 08-26-2010 05:50 PM

How do you girls make a pretty header for your page? Is there a website to design them at?

rscherzer 08-26-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissJessicaNichole (Post 17222308)
Robyn- Click on dashboard and then design for the blog. Then click add gadget and find link list. You can add by either website or blogs your already following. :)

I REALLY hate to be a pain, I thought I had it but its not working. So I went to the add a gadget no problem. titled it puttin on the glitz and that is showing in my gadgets. So do I put your blog addresses in where it says New Site URL? That's what I'm doing, I try to hit link but it doesn't do anything, I just get the arrow, not the hand. But if I move down to the save, I get the hand and it acts like its saving but nothing is showing up on my blog.....

rscherzer 08-26-2010 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracim (Post 17222528)
Yes, I added all of you through the add a gadjet, "bloglist" and copied and pasted each address individually. It will automatically alphabetize too for you. Does that make sense?

Ok, I see that I first went to the link list, and than I read Traci's remark and I went to the bloglist (duh), but that doesn't seem to be working either. I added 3 of you gals and nothing is showing up.........

tracim 08-26-2010 06:26 PM

Robyn, you need to go to the Add a gadget, then click on it, and you will have a window open with a list of things you can add. Scroll down the list, to Add a Bloglist. There will be this blue cross that you then click on.
Then another window pops up, and you can then type in a title. Then underneath, you should have a place to add to your bloglist. You click on that, and there will be another window that pops up to add the url address. To add the address, you open up the window of the blog, then copy the address at the top. Then you click "paste" on the window box for the address on your Add a bloglist window on your blog.
After that, there will be the option of adding to and you just keep adding each blog address. To make it easier, I just went to Diane's blog and copied the address by clicking on each individual blog on her list.
I hope that helps, and doesn't make it more confusing. I am not one to give directions, but I know how frustrating it can be.

tracim 08-26-2010 06:27 PM

Ok, did you click the Orange save button at the bottom. Mine wasn't working earlier today and I had to try again.

luv2stamp50 08-26-2010 07:16 PM

Helping Out...

WOW...You girls have been busy and how cool to already be jumping in there to help one another. That makes me smile.

Robyn...all the suggestions above are great, and I hope you're getting our list on your blog. I'll check on you tomorrow and see if you were able to get that done. If not, I'll try to further clarify for you.

Jessica.. Here are a few links that you might check out for banners and such.

Cutest Blog on the Block--backgrounds

Cutest Blog on the Block --Banners or Headers

Shabby Blogs

Made by Madeline you can get custom work done there too

Those are just a few. You can do a web search for FREE blogger banners and backgrounds and come up with endless possibilities.

Paige 08-27-2010 02:50 AM

Good Morning Everyone!
TGIF! This first week of school has long! LOL!
I will get to everyone's blogs this weekend, and hope to do some stamping myself. my posts have been pre-scheduled, as I made as many cards this summer as I could before school started. But those posts are coming to an end soon! That's okay, I'm ready to do some fall cards!
Have a good day everyone!

ksmile1978 08-27-2010 02:58 AM

Good morning!
It's Friday, YAY!
Last day of summer schedule, I can start sleeping in on Monday!
I pick up my wedding gown today, my wedding is 3 weeks from tomorrow!

I was able to add everyone to my sidebar last night and I'll hop around sometime this weekend to visit you all.

I've got a new card up on my blog this morning :)

Now I must really go get ready for work! Have a super day!

luv2stamp50 08-27-2010 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksmile1978 (Post 17223929)
Good morning!
It's Friday, YAY!
Last day of summer schedule, I can start sleeping in on Monday!
I pick up my wedding gown today, my wedding is 3 weeks from tomorrow!

I was able to add everyone to my sidebar last night and I'll hop around sometime this weekend to visit you all.

I've got a new card up on my blog this morning :)

Now I must really go get ready for work! Have a super day!

Oh, Kristie...congratulations on your upcoming wedding. How exciting that we all get to participate in the big day by connecting with you here. It's the little moments in life...and the BIG ones...that we share together here that will make us bond as a group. So happy for you. My son is getting married Sept. 25...so wedding thoughts are on my mind too.

I'll run over and take a peek at your card.

luv2stamp50 08-27-2010 07:19 AM

Hey...a big SHOUT OUT to Kristie, who just made a special announcement on her blog (in addition to her wedding news!). Check her out HERE!

Congratulations, Kristie! You go, girlfriend!

MissJessicaNichole 08-27-2010 07:35 AM

Good Morning everyone!!!

So glad its FRIDAY!! Hubby has a 3 day weekend :)

I'm going to multitask by checking out blogs and making our menu plan for next month :)

Congrats Kristie!!

Diane- Thank you for the links!

Robyn- Did you get it all figured out?

MissJessicaNichole 08-27-2010 07:37 AM

Good Morning everyone!!!

So glad its FRIDAY!! Hubby has a 3 day weekend :)

I'm going to multitask by checking out blogs and making our menu plan for next month :)

Congrats Kristie!!

Diane- Thank you for the links!

Robyn- Did you get it all figured out?

rscherzer 08-27-2010 08:17 AM

Thank you!

OK, I think I've got it! I gave up last night and went to bed. But after reading and rereading Traci's post, I realized what I was doing wrong. And thanks to Jessica too, for trying to help me!

Thanks so much for being patient with me!

Anyone have any idea how I can make my name next to my picture not be crazy??

I'll be doing some updating tonight.

Congrats to Kristie! WOW~ what an awesome opportunity! I'm such a caser, I couldn't imagine.

luv2stamp50 08-27-2010 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rscherzer (Post 17225056)
OK, I think I've got it! I gave up last night and went to bed. But after reading and rereading Traci's post, I realized what I was doing wrong. And thanks to Jessica too, for trying to help me!

Thanks so much for being patient with me!

Anyone have any idea how I can make my name next to my picture not be crazy??

I'll be doing some updating tonight.

Congrats to Kristie! WOW~ what an awesome opportunity! I'm such a caser, I couldn't imagine.

Way to go, Robyn! You figured out the blog list. Love it! Re: your question about your name/picture. Are you talking about here on SCS or on your blog? The one on your blog looks fine to me. And the silly subtitles under our names here are auto assigned by SCS. Nothing we can do about that.

Let us know if you need more help with something.

rscherzer 08-27-2010 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2stamp50 (Post 17225185)
Way to go, Robyn! You figured out the blog list. Love it! Re: your question about your name/picture. Are you talking about here on SCS or on your blog? The one on your blog looks fine to me. And the silly subtitles under our names here are auto assigned by SCS. Nothing we can do about that.

Let us know if you need more help with something.

The one on my blog. Look at where my picture is, my name is cascading.......its like first row is Ro, second row is byn, third row etc etc

luv2stamp50 08-27-2010 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rscherzer (Post 17225563)
The one on my blog. Look at where my picture is, my name is cascading.......its like first row is Ro, second row is byn, third row etc etc

Nope, it's not doing that when I view it. Must be something to do with the way you are viewing it...Not sure.

About ME
[then the picture]
Robin Scherzer-
Elkhorn, WI

That's what I'm seeing...Click HERE and see if you can view it the way everyone else is seeing it.

Sorry, I'm not sure why you'd be seeing it differently...anyone else have a clue?

MissJessicaNichole 08-27-2010 05:25 PM

I have no clue why it would be doing that Robyn! I'll check later to see if it shows up on my screen. Things already look funky on my iPod!

How is everyone tonight? I hope to relax with DH! I picked up a bottle of my new favorite wine. :)

tracim 08-27-2010 06:00 PM

My husband just got in from a week of international travel...Hong Kong. So we are having a quiet night, and he is fading fast.
Robyn, yay on getting your blog list up...it is kind of tricky. I am always learning new things with stamping and blogging, all the technical stuff just frustrates me. I want to take a computer course to help me understand what I am doing better, but not sure where to begin. But you did it!!

Congrats Kristie on your news, yay!!

MissJessicaNichole 08-27-2010 06:03 PM

Wow! Hong Kong?! I can't blame him on feeling tired, thats got to be a long plane ride!

MissJessicaNichole 08-27-2010 06:05 PM

Robyn- it looks fine to me!! Thats weird your seeing it different!

luv2stamp50 08-27-2010 06:08 PM

Just finished setting tables for a Stampin' Up! workshop tomorrow...with a whole new group of girls (yippee, potential customers!)...and I'm waiting on my DH to bring home a DQ Blizzard! Don't need it, shouldn't have it...but I'm rewarding my taste buds, cause I've worked really hard for two days.

Finished for the evening...and when DH gets home we'll check the news then check out. See everyone tomorrow. So glad we are all connected and up and running so quickly. WOW...what a group. I think the only one we're missing is Gloria. Hope she checks in soon....GLORIA....we're missing you!!!!

I'll make my rounds one more time...

Night! Diane

tracim 08-27-2010 06:27 PM

Yes, Jessica...it is another day later there, I believe. So he travels back in time...something we would all like to do at times, don't you think? I would be a zombie for sure, truly I don't know how he does it.
There are VSN challenges on here tonight, I might have to try one this weekend, they go through Monday evening.

Diane, have fun at your group...I'm sure the ladies will love your projects!! DQ blizzards are a great lil pay-off too!!

rscherzer 08-27-2010 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissJessicaNichole (Post 17227421)
Robyn- it looks fine to me!! Thats weird your seeing it different!

Well, that is baffling! I clicked on Diane's link and I'm still seeing it crazy. I thought maybe it was my laptop at home, but I'm seeing it that way at work too! How weird. Well, if you guys aren't seeing it seeing it weird, than I guess I'm good with that!

I really appreciate all your help!! I too would like to maybe take a class on blogging. Mine has been all trial and error.

I've been hopping around looking at everyone's blogs and you guys rock!! So glad to add you to my sidebar.

Cass2sons 08-28-2010 02:37 AM

Hi ladies, I just wanted to touch base and see how you all are doing today! I haven't been getting any updates to the posts here, not sure how to keep the updates coming in, do you know how? I hope you all have a great day!

luv2stamp50 08-28-2010 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cass2sons (Post 17228276)
Hi ladies, I just wanted to touch base and see how you all are doing today! I haven't been getting any updates to the posts here, not sure how to keep the updates coming in, do you know how? I hope you all have a great day!

Mornin'! Click on your SCS name that appears in read at the top of this screen. That takes you to you profile. Click on "edit options" on the left hand bar. One of the big gray boxes is called "Messaging and Notification". Make sure that the Default Thread Subscription Mode is set for instant email notification. And while you're at it you can set several other things to get what messages you want to receive through SCS. Hope that helps.

Diane