Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-09-2011, 04:17 PM   #561  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Donna, it is really hard to interpret emails and postings sometimes. I think she was simply referring to your post about posting 5 things instead of 3. Everyone in the group, including you, have been nothing but positive about each others projects the entire time we've been online together. I enjoy how different we all are but yet we can all inspire each other in different ways. Sometime I'm going to surprise you and create something elegant in the Donna style! And I'm going to surprise Heather and make a fun 3-d object! I am looking forward to blogging with each and every one of you in 2011. There are no ill feelings anywhere. Hugs to all!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2011, 04:21 PM   #562  
Insane Embellisher

And Paige, almost anything in detail, 3-D, trying to be fancy... does that to me! LOL I must be a clean and simple girl!! It is funny too because I tried to put more detail in my cards than I usually do so in my mind my blog hop posts weren't clean and simple. Then one of my comments said that they liked my clean and simple cards! That made me laugh out loud!! So, I'm pretty sure I know my style. Bright, clean and simple!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2011, 10:36 PM   #563  
Embossing Fanatic

Okay I have a funny for you all (I think it's funny). Friday morning I emailed Diane. Fri. afternoon it was returned to my spam folder by yahoo as an unknown address. So I double checked and I triple checked her email addy. I discovered I had misspelled Diane's last name. I sent her a new message and she responded. Last night I received another Failure from Yahoo with the same message stating her address did not exist. Yahoo included my message and her response. Yahoo is so funny. Stuff like that adds to my being tech challenged. Night, night.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2011, 06:55 AM   #564  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by postmarkView Post
Donna, it is really hard to interpret emails and postings sometimes. I think she was simply referring to your post about posting 5 things instead of 3. Everyone in the group, including you, have been nothing but positive about each others projects the entire time we've been online together. I enjoy how different we all are but yet we can all inspire each other in different ways. Sometime I'm going to surprise you and create something elegant in the Donna style! And I'm going to surprise Heather and make a fun 3-d object! I am looking forward to blogging with each and every one of you in 2011. There are no ill feelings anywhere. Hugs to all!
Donna-I agree with Lori. I think she was referring to your post about not fair having 5 projects as opposed to 3.
I think everyone has been marvy! I don't have alot of time to go blog hopping but when I can I do and I think everyone has incredible talent!

Last edited by rscherzer; 01-11-2011 at 08:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2011, 10:56 AM   #565  
Polyshrink Goddess

Can't believe the day is slipping away from me! I was planning on peeking in and saying "Good Morning!"....but Good Afternoon (on my side of the world) will have to do!

I've been playing with some blog redesign this morning and had to take advantage of when my DH could sit beside me to help!! I have a few changes to make to my blog and I'm hoping to go live with them tomorrow. We'll see how many glitches I experience. I think my new banner is sized properly. But I'm actually having more difficulty getting my margin dividers sized. They have to be little enough to fit, and big enough to read. I'm trying to do it all myself so I don't have to be out the money again!

I just posted the Blog Candy winners and I was so excited to see who won. I did it the old fashioned way and just assigned all qualifying participants a number then drew out of a hat! Random generator just got too complicated because it couldn't throw out repeat comments. Anyway...I hope they enjoy what we provided for them.

I'd love to hear what benefits you experienced from the hop? New followers? One thing I would encourage each of you do to is to go to each of your commenter's blogs (if they have them), and make a comment there. Networking is one of the best ways to grow as a blogger.

I suggested that we find some fun way to get to know each other better. So I've attached a document with a few questions. Just print it out so you have it next to you then create a post here with the answers. I'm eager to know what kinds of things you'd like to see us do here that will help us all improve our craft and blogging.

This of course is totally voluntary. Answer as much, or as little as you want. But I hope you'll all join in.

Thanks again for a wonderful job on the hop...looking forward to what this year brings to each of us.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Glitzing to Know You Better.doc (25.5 KB, 14 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2011, 11:00 AM   #566  
Crimping Master

Diane, you might want to check your post on #1-its for a Kelly but you have thank you Robyn...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2011, 11:07 AM   #567  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by rscherzerView Post
Diane, you might want to check your post on #1-its for a Kelly but you have thank you Robyn...
Thank you, sweetie, for covering my back! Not sure how that happened! There were two Robyn's in comment section (including you), so I must have been looking at my list while writing the post. Somedays...I just slip a cog, as my daddy used to say! LOL But I'm very glad you caught it. Appreciate it so much.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2011, 05:37 PM   #568  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Wow, I loved looking at each and every project that was shared during the blog hop; all of them were wonderful !!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2011, 05:43 PM   #569  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Still getting giddy over paper and ink in Colorful Colorado!

Hi girls!
Diane, those questions look great, and after I have given it some thought, I'll be back to respond!
Looking forward to seeing your new blog design! I would definitely need husband's help and more! Just curious, when you had "help" for your blog, was there someone you would recommend?
Hoping Theresa is high and dry, I just see little bits of reports flash across the screen!!
And that everyone else is having a good evening!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2011, 07:51 PM   #570  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracimView Post
Hi girls!
Diane, those questions look great, and after I have given it some thought, I'll be back to respond!
Looking forward to seeing your new blog design! I would definitely need husband's help and more! Just curious, when you had "help" for your blog, was there someone you would recommend?
Hoping Theresa is high and dry, I just see little bits of reports flash across the screen!!
And that everyone else is having a good evening!
Hey...Traci! Good to see you. While my blog is still very much "underconstruction" you should be able to get the gist of it. I still have to create new pages. Blogger now offers that feature and I can't wait to have tabs at the top of my page for navigation. Temporarily some things are now on the side bar that will eventually go on a page. Just trying to clean things up.

Also...I am "retiring" from Stampin' Up! at the end of this month. So I'm taking down my open for business sign on this new blog. I've LOVED SU but I want to move to other things, especially some of the things I'm creating and selling. And ethically, I can't do both. I know there are other demonstrators that do both (I've been surprised by the numbers), but I don't feel right about it. I can't wait to be able to showcase some other wonderful stamps/papers that I've been longing to use. I will always love my SU things, but it will be refreshing to go other directions too.

My previous blog design was created by Michelle Laycock and the design elements were organized and arranged by Heather Wright-Porto. Both do it as a business...and are very busy. So if you are interested in them, I'd get my name on the list. If you look at Heather's blog you will see my previous blog design in her banner!!!

All in all this hasn't been hard to do...just time consuming. Like I've been working on it all day! But it's interesting. Will work on a new watermark tomorrow. Enough challenges for one day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2011, 07:53 PM   #571  
Polyshrink Goddess

Theresa Update: I received an email from Theresa's mother today. T. is ok, but trapped at the farm. No internet there. They think her house is ok...and she is ok. They are in phone contact with her. What absolute devastation over there. I can't even imagine the numbers of people who have lost their home. Praying over Theresa now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2011, 03:18 AM   #572  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Ladies,

Here are my answers in response to Diane's attachment.

1. How would you describe your stamping style? Gee, I never really put myself in a category. I guess I would have to say scenic, nature and vintage.

2. What’s your favorite crafting tool…the one you couldn’t create without? The two things I always need are sponges and my stamp-a-ma-jig

3. What new technique / product /tool would you like to learn /use? Scenic stamping with mosaics.

I wish I had more time to try new techniques and enter challenges, but working full-time really cuts down on my time to stamp.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2011, 04:02 AM   #573  
Hardware Hotshot

My responses:

1. How would you describe your stamping style? Simple, elegant, clean lines

2. What’s your favorite crafting tool…the one you couldn’t create without? Stamp-a-ma-jig, Genesis paper cutter

3. What new technique / product /tool would you like to learn /use? Not new but would like to learn more about using Copics for shading and choosing colors that blend well together

4. What new blogging tool/technique would you like to explore? I need a GIMP for dummies manual for editing photos and using special effects

5. What discussion threads would be fun for us on our group page—would motivate you to visit our page as often as you can? My time is limited with working full time, so I would actually rather use it for stamping and commenting on others’ blogs!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2011, 08:46 AM   #574  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2stamp50View Post
I still have to create new pages. Blogger now offers that feature and I can't wait to have tabs at the top of my page for navigation.
REALLY?????? Where on blogger do you find that?? I've been trying to figure that out since day one and it has alluded me!
And frankly, I gave up!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2011, 08:48 AM   #575  
Crimping Master

[QUOTE=luv2stamp50;17795310]Also...I am "retiring" from Stampin' Up! at the end of this month. So I'm taking down my open for business sign on this new blog. I've LOVED SU but I want to move to other things, especially some of the things I'm creating and selling. And ethically, I can't do both. I know there are other demonstrators that do both (I've been surprised by the numbers), but I don't feel right about it. I can't wait to be able to showcase some other wonderful stamps/papers that I've been longing to use. I will always love my SU things, but it will be refreshing to go other directions too.

[QUOTE]

WOW, that's big news. See to me, that's a true sign of a creative person. No way could I ever leave SU! and be creative on my own.

Good luck!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2011, 08:49 AM   #576  
Polyshrink Goddess

Glitzing to Know You Better...

1. My style...shabby chic is what I like best, but sometimes it just turns out simple and symmetrical. Love light distressing and layers.

2. Favorite crafting tool...Big Shot...dies, Nestabilities and embossing. Love them all.

3. New technique/product/tool...need more training with Copic markers, and have my eye on a newer, bigger, better replacement for my Cricut (I have the original size).

4. New blogging tool...I want to learn how to use a link feature so I can create thumbnails for a gallery type appearance on one of my pages.

5. New discussion threads...Love hearing about someone's newest tip or finds. Just love sharing information with other crafters so I stay in the loop on what's new.

6. I appreciate this group so much...such variety and talent. I'm happy just to be a part! You inspire me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2011, 08:52 AM   #577  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

WOW, that's big news. See to me, that's a true sign of a creative person. No way could I ever leave SU! and be creative on my own.

Good luck!!
Thanks, Robyn! I can't tell you enough all the positive things I've gained by being a part of Stampin' UP! I still love their product. The greatest aspect of it is the networking with other demonstrators and learning from them. But after 10 years of using SU almost exclusively...I'm ready for new horizons. I'm very, very excited about some of the things I'm planning and I can't wait to get started. There will always be a special place in my heart for SU...but I'm ready to fall in love with what lies ahead!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2011, 09:14 AM   #578  
Insane Embellisher

Glitzing to Know You Better!
1. Usually bright and simple and I’m pretty good at casing someone!

2. Bigshot and punches

3. What new technique? I am pretty contented using what I have and what I know. Being a clean and simple gal makes it simple!

4. What new blogging tool/technique would you like to explore? Not new, but I would like to link everyone’s blog like Paige. I don’t even have the groups linked properly and I love how I can see who is posted last on Paige’s page. I want that!!

5. What discussion threads would be fun for us on our group page—would motivate you to visit our page as often as you can? ? I have a large group of ladies (anywhere from 12-25) who meet once a month to make cards. I’m always looking for new ideas to share with them.
6. What else would you share with us? I’m an eternal optimist. I smile a lot. I wake up happy every day. And I’m a postmaster in a small town. So, I stamp during the day and then go home and stamp at night!
PS. I can help you with your postal questions! 
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2011, 09:24 AM   #579  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, girls!
My responses?

1. How would you describe your stamping style?
I would say definitely clean and simple compared to most styles, with limited layers and the focus being the main image. I also like elegant, and tend to be romantic in embellishments.

2. Favorite crafting tool?
I love all sorts of tools, but the ones I use the most are my nestability dies and copic markers. I also love having a score-tool as it adds a professional finish to cards!

3. What new technique, tool, or product would you like to learn to use?
This one is tricky. I am for anything that expedites my card making and enhances my cards. Sewing on cards, and sharpening my copic skills are two on my list!

4. New blogging tool
I see so many blogs that have features that I want to add or try, but do not know where to find them. I also would like to take a Photoshop course specific to blogging and enhancing our cards/projects and photographs.

5. New discussion threads
It is really fun to learn new things and share tips, and this seems like a great place to do that!!

Thanks Diane for asking these questions! I look forward to hearing your responses!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2011, 09:30 AM   #580  
Stazon Splitcoast

Diane, I visited the two women you mentioned, and one of them may be starting "webinars" for bloggers!! I was so excited when I saw that, it would be perfect for me and what I want to learn!! So I need to go back and tell her I am interested. Thanks so much for your referral!
And I can understand your excitement to expand your stamping/hobby to include more companies and moving on!! Yippee for you!! This stage of life is grand in that respect!!

I am already excited to read up on everyone's post...Postmark (Lori), I loved your personality profile!! Too cute! My younger brother has been a postmaster in Montrose, CO for many years and is retiring in a couple.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2011, 09:51 AM   #581  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by rscherzerView Post
REALLY?????? Where on blogger do you find that?? I've been trying to figure that out since day one and it has alluded me!
And frankly, I gave up!
Robyn...you're asking a novice, remember! It seems like a convoluted way to do it, but here's how.

1. Go to your dashboard. Click on "edit posts".
2. On the top tool bar you should see a tab for "edit pages." Click on that.
3. To create a new page, just click on the "new page" button.

Once you start creating pages, they will be displayed on this same place as generic thumbnails by name. To edit the pages you've created, this is where you would go. You can add 10 pages.

I've actually forgotten exactly where I went to determine I wanted my tabs at the top of my page. There were two choices...tabs or links on the sidebar. I chose tabs. A tab is now automatically created when I create a new page. You title the page and that's what appears in the tab.

Limitations: You design your page just like a regular post...so, from page to page your side bar(s) stay the same. You can't have different page layouts...they will all be exactly like your home page...only the posting area will be different. Look at my challenges tab to see what I mean.

I will probably still create a couple of "faux" pages, but maintaining additional blogs that will look exactly like my main blog. I will just link them so people can toggle back and forth between the two blogs. It will seem like they're going to a different page, but it will really be to a different blog.

Need more help? Ask away, and I'll help until I'm stumped then I'll tell you so!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2011, 09:53 AM   #582  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracimView Post
Diane, I visited the two women you mentioned, and one of them may be starting "webinars" for bloggers!! I was so excited when I saw that, it would be perfect for me and what I want to learn!! So I need to go back and tell her I am interested. Thanks so much for your referral!
And I can understand your excitement to expand your stamping/hobby to include more companies and moving on!! Yippee for you!! This stage of life is grand in that respect!!

I am already excited to read up on everyone's post...Postmark (Lori), I loved your personality profile!! Too cute! My younger brother has been a postmaster in Montrose, CO for many years and is retiring in a couple.
COOL! I didn't even know Heather would be doing webinars. Outstanding! There's a place we could all go for learning....too neat. Thanks for sharing what you found. They are both wonderful to work with, but they get a ton of business so they do have a waiting list.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2011, 03:24 PM   #583  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Back again with a few answers:

1 no style, just like my wardrobe - ha
2 scrap paper for jotting down for ideas
3 Cricut/Make The Cut software (new owner of both)
4 none, I’m keeping mine simple
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2011, 06:56 PM   #584  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Me again =)
I thought I'd check out the statistics on my blog for ha-ha's after the hop. I don't normally since I don't receive many comments (32 from the hop), I must not have many views (which is fine by me).
121 hits from Lori's page
29 from Diane's
334 Splitcoaststampers
234 Stampin' Connection
( A sweet lady sent me a note to let me know that I was #18 on the leaderboards at Stampin' Connection over the weekend, no way!!!)
Anyway, I wanted to share something I discovered. paperpunchaddiction 328
stampinat6213 95
I'd never heard of these sites. The blog owners linked to a couple of my recent projects. Then I wondered how often this may have happened without my knowing. Turns out there were two other projects posted at paperpunchaddiction and my cuttlebug santa card was on a blog from the Netherlands ! I had no idea that the few statistics Blogger gives us were this interesting and that I have had nearly 5000 hits in December! WHAT ?!!???! Plus, there are four new followers. Has anyone else looked at their stats ?
Take care everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2011, 07:05 PM   #585  
Stazon Splitcoast

That's interesting, Heather! To realize you have so many visitors, that is great! And wow, that is a lot of hits!! Amazing!
But I don't think anyone should use or even feature your projects on another blog without getting your permission...so watch out for that!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2011, 09:21 PM   #586  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm am Home!

I've just gotten home. Just now as I type this I've broken down crying. I can't begin to tell you what it's been like. What I can say is that I was a safe as I could be thru the whole ordeal. I've been holed up on the farm with my boyfriend since Sunday. I come very close to not making it there because of the rapidly rising waters. We saw our first person in three days, this morning. I could have kissed him! It's been a very long, long, long couple of days. There was a point yesterday when we thought we'd literally have to run for the hills and camp under a tree somewhere. It was that scary.

My home is right on the banks of the Lockyer Creek, and I finally got home today to see it hasn't suffered any flooding. That raging torrent came straight past my house. I live on a high bank on a wide part of the creek which was my saving grace. I'm 5 kms upstream from the town that got totally destroyed however. I know these people. I've worked with these people. We are relieved every time we hear of someone that has made it. So many didn't. Helicopters are flying rescue missions over head all day and night. Up until this moment I've been strong, but the devastation I've seen on my drive home is terrible. I was scared in moments during Christmas and New Year flooding, but looking back, it now seems that was just a mere shower of rain.

The whole valley is in shock, but we'll be strong and get thru this. I love this place. I'll be heading back to the farm. I can't bear to look at the scar the is just across the road.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2011, 07:51 AM   #587  
Crimping Master

oh my gosh Theresa!!! I got goosebumps reading your post and teary eyed!!!
Thank God you are safe!! WOW, we are seeing crazy pictures on the news but its the news. Not from a person who lives there........Stay safe my friend!!!! Keeping you in my prayers!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2011, 10:04 AM   #588  
Insane Embellisher

Oh Theresa!! I'm so glad you are safe! Our household is keeping you in our prayers too! Robyn, is right. The pics on the news are awful but to be living it is entirely different. Life won't be the same for you! Hang in there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2011, 06:01 PM   #589  
Stazon Splitcoast

Theresa, thanks so much for letting us know how you are! What a relief to know you are alright, and I am so sorry to hear of all the flooding and hope and pray that the rest of your little community are safe also. I can not imagine how frightening this would be. Wanting to know more, I've done some searching...which community town are you closest to? It does sound like the people are strong and resilient. My heart goes out to you but I am really happy to hear from you. Update us when you are able.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2011, 03:28 PM   #590  
Polyshrink Goddess

Just quickly checking in....we are having major internet connections problems. I can get on for about 10 minutes, but everything takes forever. We're looking into something new. Some company bought out the cable that we were using and apparently things aren't running so smoothly. So we're doing something different but I won't be good to go until Tuesday. So it may be that long before you hear from me again. Meanwhile, guess I'll just stay in my craft room. I have blog post scheduled through Monday, so I'm covered there. Take care everyone. If you need to contact me use my personal email, which comes in on my Blackberry. But I can't access facebook or here most of the time. I'll have to visit your blogs after everything is fixed. Hope I don't get too far behind.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2011, 04:50 PM   #591  

Hi girls! Thanks for all your prayers and thoughts. I'd been posting messages about the flooding here before it got really ugly - it'll be interesting for me to go back and read them all sometime. The wall of water came within 30m of my home.

I went down to the pub last night and hearing so many stories of lucky escapes, and losses. We all feel so incredibly lucky, coz we know that 5km down the road is a place (Grantham) of devastation unequal to anything that we have seen. And what we saw was terrible and incredulous in itself. Grantham is still closed and will be for many more days. I travelled thru there everyday and worked there often. I was working under the rail bridge you see in the news just before Christmas. I'm not looking forward to the first trip I get to make thru there again.

A saw a workmate yesterday. He was in Grantham, and he was clinging to the roof of his house when it came off it stumps and started to float away. And he saw and heard things that have left him a shattered man. Nothing I could do or say but to hug and hold him tight. Another fellow I worked with, saved children from certain death, putting his own life at risk on several occassions.

I went to work yesterday which felt so normal. I'm really looking forward to just regaining some sense normalcy. My mum is bring my chridren ( DS19 & DD17) out today. I've just remembered they are having their birthdays' in 4 days (they share the same birthday). I completely lost track of time. Can't wait to see them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2011, 10:40 PM   #592  

I've been home for several hours now. My mother came out to visit from Brisbane, it was good to see my children and hug them tight. I took them for a little tour down the road, it was a lot for them to take it all in.

I don't think I'll have much to give to this group for a while. I'll see how I feel over the next few weeks. I don't have much on my mind except the obvious, and I'd like to get to a point beyond this experience. Will the group be willing to let me be a silent participant for a while. I'll post messages here but I doubt I'll have anything to blog about for a while.

I can't tell you how your messages of concern have touched me. I feel humbled.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2011, 10:51 AM   #593  

Hello my lovelies! The last 48hrs has been good. We're all moving forward with a brightness of the future. I was having a look thru the gallery yesterday and felt inspired.I'm getting ready for work. I'll be going into a badly damaged area just up the creek but I'm not feeling apprehensive about it. I think it'll be a positive experience.

I'm thinking of loaning the use of my home to a displaced family. Just trying to get in contact with them to see if it suits their needs. I have an intact, well stocked home sitting empty a lot of the time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2011, 05:34 PM   #594  
Stazon Splitcoast

Theresa, I am glad that things have been good...and that your home is intact. I think it's a really kind gesture to use your home to help displaced families. I hope your work goes well and let the healing begin!!
I wouldn't worry about card making, you will get back to it when you're ready. That's my opinion!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2011, 05:37 PM   #595  
Stazon Splitcoast

Ladies, I put up blog candy for a week, I will be away for part of that time, so decided it was a good time to have a giveaway. And I will ship anywhere!

Diane, hope your network is up and running, it's been quiet here without you! That is frustrating!

Husband is on a trip around the world, left Friday, so I have some free time on my hands! He is traveling for business, so will try to stamp and make a trip to see my folks during the next week or so.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2011, 06:53 PM   #596  
Embossing Fanatic

Hello ladies. Happy Sunday to all. Theresa, I too am so happy to hear you are safe and that you have a home. What a wonderful thought you have of lending you house out to a displaced family. A blessing for them for sure.
I often have wondered if I have a stamping style. Now that I have given it some thought, I would say my style is ecclectic. I am attracted to vintage, shabby chic, clean and simple, etc. I have many favorite crafting tools but if I have to narrow it down, I would say the Big Shot and accessories. I'd like to throw in all my punches too. I would really like to know how to use the My Digital Studio. I haven't even unwrapped it. I'm hearing Theresa say, "Just open it. Start using it. You can't break it." Or is that my voice I hear? I really need to learn how to understand how blogger works and feel confident using it. I think we are doing a great job in our discussions. I like that we touch on personal stuff and feel comfortable asking stamping questions. I like that we have some very knowledgeable ladies in this group. That is what motivates me to continue visiting with you.
Gloria
Gloria's legacy stampig
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2011, 07:00 PM   #597  
Embossing Fanatic

Diane, today I did a one on one class and happened to mention I was looking for a certain magazine. I had not been able to find it in any local store. She had it! So, Diane, I got to see your entries in Paper Creations. You had 9 entries! Awesome! I was so proud to be able to say Diane Noble is a friend of mine. Diane you rock!!!
Gloria
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2011, 07:08 PM   #598  

Yes I think that is me saying "Just open it. Start using it. You can't break it." LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2011, 07:19 PM   #599  

What a difference a disaster makes. I went to work and everyone was so patient and kind. People are very friendly, waving and smiling at me as they go by, thanking us for getting the roads fixed. Energex, the power supply company, was driving around handing out cold bottles of water for those of us working out in the heat. Everytime I see a truck going up the highway it means somebody, somewhere is going to get something they need. While noone wants the disaster, the spirit of goodwill that comes after is amazing, and very healing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2011, 08:46 PM   #600  
Embossing Fanatic

"tis I again. I am looking for a project I am pretty sure I saw on one of your blogs. It was probably in October or November of an owl. Punched with the owl punch but made to look like a penguin. Please lead me to where I can see it again.
Theresa, I'm glad you get my goofy silliness (or is it called humor)? Yes, devastation like your area has experienced does bring out goodwill. Thank you God. Take care and God bless you.
Gloria
Gloria's Legacystamping
Reply With Quote Likes