Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-06-2010, 03:39 PM   #3801  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okay here are the other 3 comp books. They take alot of adhesive and alot of time or I am just a slow poke.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2010, 03:40 PM   #3802  
Stampin' Fool

whoops i forgot the links LOL floral journal by dhb1281 at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2010, 03:42 PM   #3803  
Stampin' Fool

I guess I can only do one at a time. This should be the turtle one Turtle Lovers Journal by dhb1281 at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2010, 03:44 PM   #3804  
Stampin' Fool

This is the first one I made. The butterfly. Butterfly journal by dhb1281 at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2010, 05:40 PM   #3805  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhb1281View Post
This is the first one I made. The butterfly. Butterfly journal by dhb1281 at Splitcoaststampers
Good job!! My favorite is the butterfly, and they are all adorable
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2010, 05:41 PM   #3806  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

okay here are the other 3 comp books. They take alot of adhesive and alot of time or I am just a slow poke.
Cute comp books! I use a glue stick to adhere the covers, (I am like the glue stick queen!) this way you can really get the edges and corners without fear of them lifting and you get a little more play time to get your paper just right. I use red liner tape for the spine of the book and add a ribbon (for a bookmark) before I adhere the spine down. I've made quite a few books for friends this way and have not had any problems.

For mass producing I cut my paper all at once and a little bigger than needed, since each book seems to be just a bit different in size, and then adhere and trim to size with a craft knife. I can usually whip out 4-5 an hour this way, including embellishments.

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2010, 05:43 PM   #3807  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krafty*KateView Post
Nikki, I think $15 is definitely a reasonable price for the Shopping Survival Kit - there is a lot of work involved in that. I also have the same problem and tend to price my stuff cheaper than people would pay. We need to hike up those prices!
At least I'm not the only one! I don't want to under price and make it hard on the other sellers, but I don't want to over price and not sell anything. I've decided not to do cards - from what I've heard from other sellers in my area, they just aren't selling unless they are $1 a piece. I'll concentrate more on things they can give for gifts. I love to package things, so everything will be packaged and ready to give, but still visible. I'm going to have out samples for them to see and touch, and then everything packaged. Lots of zip bags with toppers and such. Boxes for the soaps, gift tags in boxes with clear lids, etc. It will look good, and keep the items safe from little fingers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2010, 05:48 PM   #3808  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsbynikkiView Post
On the Christmas Crafts thread, a girl posted a link to her blog - on there she has the flashing shingles, but she put them in a frame. I really like this idea, plus it solves the sharp corner thing really well. I'll get a case of the frames from Dollar Tree, and if they don't have them I know WalMart will have some inexpensive $1 frames. I can alter those up, then pop in the magnetic flashing all decorated. I think I can get a little more for them with the frame. I will make some with the frame, and some without. I am thinking $6 with the frame and $4 without, but I'm not sure yet. I need to do the math and see how much they are going to cost me.

On hers she added people's names, so I am also going to be making these for Christmas gifts for my cousins. I think they will REALLY like them. I will make them to match their houses/rooms.

Magnetic Name Frame
Yes, these are fun and easy to make. I made one for a baby shower gift and my daughter liked it so much that she wanted one for her room too, so I have continued to make them. I left the glass in them, but think that they look good without as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2010, 06:01 PM   #3809  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

I took some pic of my journals and tried to upload to my gallary and it said photo to large and to decrease and try again. I have no idea how to decrease pixels. Any ideas?
What program do you normally open your pictures with? For a fast simple program I use Microsoft Picture Manager, there are several different ones out there and all of them you can re-save your picture as smaller size.

If you right click on the photo and select "Open with" it will give you the options that are on your computer. With Picture Manager you select "Edit Pictures" and one of the options on the right side that pops up is to resize.

Remember not to save your original as the reduced size, because there is no getting it back, but if you save the new resized photo under a different name then you will have two pictures of the same thing, but one will be at the original size and the other at the smaller size. I hope this makes sense and is helpful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2010, 06:18 PM   #3810  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennunderView Post
What program do you normally open your pictures with? For a fast simple program I use Microsoft Picture Manager, there are several different ones out there and all of them you can re-save your picture as smaller size.

If you right click on the photo and select "Open with" it will give you the options that are on your computer. With Picture Manager you select "Edit Pictures" and one of the options on the right side that pops up is to resize.

Remember not to save your original as the reduced size, because there is no getting it back, but if you save the new resized photo under a different name then you will have two pictures of the same thing, but one will be at the original size and the other at the smaller size. I hope this makes sense and is helpful.
Thanks for the info. I will keep this in mind for the future. I ended up just changing the setting on my camera and retaking the pics and it worked.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2010, 06:19 PM   #3811  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Good job!! My favorite is the butterfly, and they are all adorable
Thank you! I really love pink and butterflies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2010, 06:20 PM   #3812  
Matboard Maniac

Great comp books - I especially like the turtle and the butterfly!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2010, 06:25 PM   #3813  
Matboard Maniac

Talking WM Score!!

Speaking of comp books, I lucked up at WM today! The shelves were still empty in the regular office supply section, but two workers were at the far end setting the back-to-school aisle so I went around to the other side to see if I could spot the shelf space for the .25 comp books. To my delight, there was a box of 20 comp books sitting on the shelf so I snagged it, put it in my buggy, and hurried to the checkout! How awesome to get 20 comp books for the price I will charge for one finished book ($5!!)!! WOOT!!! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2010, 06:29 PM   #3814  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by tat2girlView Post
Cute comp books! I use a glue stick to adhere the covers, (I am like the glue stick queen!) this way you can really get the edges and corners without fear of them lifting and you get a little more play time to get your paper just right. I use red liner tape for the spine of the book and add a ribbon (for a bookmark) before I adhere the spine down. I've made quite a few books for friends this way and have not had any problems.

For mass producing I cut my paper all at once and a little bigger than needed, since each book seems to be just a bit different in size, and then adhere and trim to size with a craft knife. I can usually whip out 4-5 an hour this way, including embellishments.

Sharon
Wow! 4-5 an hour! It took me a whole day to do 4. I will have to try the glue stick. The elmers no wrinkle works well but only got 4 journals from one container. I also ran out of red line tape : ( Have to go shopping again for more adhesive before I can put any more together. I had only put a ribbon bookmark in the butterfly and floral journals, but after talking to a girl at work today that journals, she said one of the things she likes in journals are the ribbon book marks so I have added them to the other two and will put them on the rest that I make. What do you charge for yours and what do you display them in to keep them clean. How many usually sell per show? I have 4 shows and have no idea how many to make. Would love to see some pics of yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2010, 06:38 PM   #3815  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Great comp books - I especially like the turtle and the butterfly!
Thanks Kate. I guess I am heading back to WM this week for more books and adhesive. They only had 11 last week and said more would be in this week. I wish they carried red line tape. Looks like I also have to make a trip to the craft store too. How many do you usually sell per show? Do your prayer journal sell faster or your regular ones? Two of my shows are at churches so I thought I would try some prayer journal too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2010, 06:59 PM   #3816  
Insane Embellisher

Thanks for everyone who posted pictures of their comp books. They are all great and have given me new inspiration. I usually use Beacon 3 in 1 Craft Glue for chipboard albums so I will probably use it on the comp books. It takes a little bit to dry so you have time to move things around, if needed. The ATG gun is so permanent that there is no room for fixing anything.

One question, do you line the insides of the front and back covers and do you ink or paint the edges?

Thanks!

Pat
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2010, 07:30 PM   #3817  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by patscrapView Post
Thanks for everyone who posted pictures of their comp books. They are all great and have given me new inspiration. I usually use Beacon 3 in 1 Craft Glue for chipboard albums so I will probably use it on the comp books. It takes a little bit to dry so you have time to move things around, if needed. The ATG gun is so permanent that there is no room for fixing anything.

One question, do you line the insides of the front and back covers and do you ink or paint the edges?

Thanks!

Pat
I lined the inside of both the front and back covers with a complimentary color cardstock and stamp "This book belongs to" on the inside front cover.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2010, 08:02 PM   #3818  
Polyshrink Goddess

Have any of you made these for craft fairs?

File Folder Notebook Tutorials at Splitcoaststampers

I found some fun file folders and am making them. They are kinda neat and the folders are so pretty that I've not put any embellishments on them. Do you think that these would be good for craft fairs?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2010, 04:25 AM   #3819  
Matboard Maniac

I love that File Folder Notebook. I have not seen one before and think it would be a good seller at craft shows!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2010, 05:07 AM   #3820  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

I love that File Folder Notebook. I have not seen one before and think it would be a good seller at craft shows!
Thanks! I made several last night. I'll take pics and post them and then, if you'd be so kind, let me know if you think I need to embellish them at all. Like I said, some of the folders are very pretty and textured/embossed. And, I did do the "matching" RSVP pens as well--which, aren't so easy to do with heavy file folders! LOL

Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2010, 06:04 AM   #3821  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scamper64View Post
Have any of you made these for craft fairs?

File Folder Notebook Tutorials at Splitcoaststampers

I found some fun file folders and am making them. They are kinda neat and the folders are so pretty that I've not put any embellishments on them. Do you think that these would be good for craft fairs?
I saw this tut a few weeks ago and liked it so much that I printed it out, but I keep forgetting that I need to get folders. Where did you purchase your folders at? I saw some cute ones at Hobby Lobby, but forgot to look at what the price was and forgot about this project that I wanted to try. I guess I should head back there. BTW, I think these would be great for Craft Fairs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2010, 06:40 AM   #3822  
Glitter Queen

do you have any pictures or directions for the legal pads
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2010, 06:54 AM   #3823  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

I saw this tut a few weeks ago and liked it so much that I printed it out, but I keep forgetting that I need to get folders. Where did you purchase your folders at? I saw some cute ones at Hobby Lobby, but forgot to look at what the price was and forgot about this project that I wanted to try. I guess I should head back there. BTW, I think these would be great for Craft Fairs!
I found some on clearance at my local Staples! Go figure! And I've picked some up here and there when I thought they were nice. I've been stashing them--now to make them. I'm good at stashing . . . too good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2010, 08:05 AM   #3824  
Rubber Obsessor

I have been whipping out some composition notebooks! I use my ATG gun, which I love because it is so quick and easy...although it doesn't have the reposition-ability that other methods would. Question--for adding a bookmark to these, what are you adding to the end of the ribbon? I just can't quite picture it in my head. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2010, 08:19 AM   #3825  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by loribelle3View Post
I have been whipping out some composition notebooks! I use my ATG gun, which I love because it is so quick and easy...although it doesn't have the reposition-ability that other methods would. Question--for adding a bookmark to these, what are you adding to the end of the ribbon? I just can't quite picture it in my head. Thanks!
Personally, I am not adding anything to the end of the ribbon. I simply use ScorTape to attach one end of it to the spine under the cardstock cover and cut it so it is long enough to hang out the bottom of the book. Then I simply cut the ribbon on an angle with a pair of sharp scissors and it's done!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2010, 08:42 AM   #3826  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scamper64View Post
Personally, I am not adding anything to the end of the ribbon. I simply use ScorTape to attach one end of it to the spine under the cardstock cover and cut it so it is long enough to hang out the bottom of the book. Then I simply cut the ribbon on an angle with a pair of sharp scissors and it's done!
I do the same thing. You could add beads, charms, etc to match the paper/theme but remember to add this into your cost factor when selling.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2010, 03:22 PM   #3827  
Rubber Obsessor

Post bookmark for comp notebooks and modge podge bubbles

Quote:

Originally Posted by tat2girlView Post
I do the same thing. You could add beads, charms, etc to match the paper/theme but remember to add this into your cost factor when selling.

Thanks so much! I will try that on the next note book I make. Do you seal the end with anything to keep it from fraying?

I have been working on an altered clipboard this evening. I used Modge Podge and got lots of bubbles. I'm trying to search for directions; maybe I'm not doing something right.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2010, 03:27 PM   #3828  
Pearl-ExPert

I have a question - where do you ladies find the listing for craft fairs in your area? I've found three in my area but only because I knew people who worked the fairs. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2010, 05:27 PM   #3829  
Rubber Obsessor

Default pictures in my gallery

Ok, after months of lurking, I'm finally starting to post some things. I put a picture of a tile coaster in my gallery and some of my recently made composition notebooks. I plan on selling the coasters 4 for $15 and the notebooks with pens for $5. Take a look if you'd like, and please be kind!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2010, 06:56 PM   #3830  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Ok, after months of lurking, I'm finally starting to post some things. I put a picture of a tile coaster in my gallery and some of my recently made composition notebooks. I plan on selling the coasters 4 for $15 and the notebooks with pens for $5. Take a look if you'd like, and please be kind!
Very pretty coaster! You shouldnt have any problems selling them.

ALL NEW!! As of 6/20/11 http://stamperstacey.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2010, 06:56 PM   #3831  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Thanks so much! I will try that on the next note book I make. Do you seal the end with anything to keep it from fraying?

I have been working on an altered clipboard this evening. I used Modge Podge and got lots of bubbles. I'm trying to search for directions; maybe I'm not doing something right.
I do not seal my edges. I have about a 3" tail of ribbon that hangs out the bottom, so I'm not really handling the "cut end". So far, it's not frayed.

I have to be honest here and say I hate Modge Podge. I always get bubbles, be it lunch tins or clipboards I'm altering, I always get them. I did read somewhere that if you slightly dampen your paper and then apply it, it's not suppose to bubble. I have not tried that, because I got too frustrated with it before and now the bottle is buried somewhere in the deep dark recesses of my craft area! (Is there a face for "smirk"? lol)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2010, 08:12 AM   #3832  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

The composition notebooks are great. I love the ribbon bows on them and the tile is wonderful too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2010, 08:14 AM   #3833  
Die Cut Diva

I was on my way to WM yesterday (it's in another town about 1/2 hour away) and on the way there, DD got sick. So, I turned around and didn't go in. I don't participate in a craft faire until Christmas time so hopefully, I'll be able to grab some for the $.25 price later.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2010, 08:35 AM   #3834  
Insane Embellisher

I love what you have done with the comp books. I am now inspired to start on the ones I just bought at WM!

Thanks for posting your pictures!

Pat

Quote:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2010, 03:51 PM   #3835  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Very nice comp books and I love the image on your coaster. They all should sell very well. I haven't decided on the price of my comp books yet. Last year I sold single coasters for $4, set of 4 for $15 and set of 4 in a gift basket for $20. Pics are in my gallary.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2010, 04:50 PM   #3836  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 175 Likes on 131 Posts

Quote:

I have a question - where do you ladies find the listing for craft fairs in your area? I've found three in my area but only because I knew people who worked the fairs. Thanks.
if you are a member try AAA. i have had luck asking for listing in 50 mile radius & 100.
village offices
libraries
tourist info site
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2010, 05:14 PM   #3837  
Matboard Maniac

What is the best price you have found the regular sized Composition notebooks? Is $1 about right?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2010, 06:00 PM   #3838  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

What is the best price you have found the regular sized Composition notebooks? Is $1 about right?
Walmart has the regular size for 25 cents each right now, but the minis are 77 cents each. I got the last 11 regular size at my walmart but they said they were going to restock this week for back to school at the same price. I am going to check it out tomorrow or Saturday. How many does everyone make. This is my first time making them for the shows and I have no idea how many I should have.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2010, 06:02 PM   #3839  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowcountry311View Post
if you are a member try AAA. i have had luck asking for listing in 50 mile radius & 100.
village offices
libraries
tourist info site
Thanks for the tip on triple A! That is a great idea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2010, 06:23 PM   #3840  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Walmart has the regular size for 25 cents each right now, but the minis are 77 cents each. I got the last 11 regular size at my walmart but they said they were going to restock this week for back to school at the same price. I am going to check it out tomorrow or Saturday. How many does everyone make. This is my first time making them for the shows and I have no idea how many I should have.
Oh, I thought all the hype for the 25 cent notebooks were for the small ones. Well then I guess I better go and check out Wal-Mart soon.
Reply With Quote Likes