Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-04-2010, 04:06 AM   #3761  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhb1281View Post
What kind of adhesive do you ladies use on the comp books??
I use my ATG gun and have had no problems so far!
Although if I am using a "cheaper" brand of DSP, I might apply a coat of ModPodge just to seal everything and protect from damages.

Beth
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2010, 04:19 AM   #3762  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by patscrapView Post
Thanks so much fort the heads-up on the comp books. I just stopped in 2 Wal-Marts. The first one did not have the comp books, but the 2nd one did. I bought 10 of them.

If anyone has any pictures of ones that they have made, I would love to see them. I have done some before for friends but I don't know what sells best at craft fairs. Any suggestions on themes or types that sell best would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
I have been selling a lot of "Glee" and Peace Signs/Girly Notebooks lately! Also, last year I did sell quite a few Holiday Planners made with comp notebooks at my early fall shows. I attached a package of 6 punched tabs so that they could organize and divide it however they wanted. I'll see if I can dig up some pix of them...sold them for $6.00.

I don't think that I will be selling the beaded RSVP pens with them this year....last fall I sold them better on their own than I did as a set...I guess because with the beaded pens that pushed them over 5.00? Maybe I can find a cheaper alternative to the beaded pens?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2010, 06:17 AM   #3763  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krafty*KateView Post
Well, I went to my local WM today and they also said their back-to-school aisle would not be set until next week, but the large comps were priced at .25 in the regular school section. I was bummed because there were three shelves but they were all empty! I wonder who is buying them all in my small town?! ;) Oh well, I will keep checking back and hope they restock soon!

As far as the large comp books, I make them into "journal" type books. I cover them with patterned paper and embellishments in a variety of themes: Masculine / Feminine / Teen / Child / Prayer Journals, Teacher, Friend, Sister, Floral, Asian, Coffee, Dog / Cat. I have not done a craft show since 2006, but sold them for $5 at that time and they sold very well. For adhesive, I use rubber cement because I like that you can slide the paper around and get it straight - I do not like the "one shot" you get with adhesive strips! My favorite tool for smoothing out the paper once I place it on top of the comp is a small wallpaper seam roller (like this: http://www.amazon.com/Industrial-Gra.../dp/B001H4QD1I). I put a piece of scrap 12x12 paper between the comp cover and the first lined page so the glue does not seep out as I am rolling the bubbles out. I use my wallpaper roller all the time to make sure my paper really sticks after I glue it together!
I use my brayer in the same way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2010, 06:58 AM   #3764  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAmomof2View Post
I use my brayer in the same way.
Another brayer user here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2010, 12:39 PM   #3765  
Matboard Maniac

Yep, a brayer would work well too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2010, 01:53 PM   #3766  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by not2shabbydesignsView Post
those magnetic name frames are so adorable.

i was wondering, what do you do with your mini comp. notebooks? i have only made one for my neice. on the front i decorated it with girly stuff and chipboard letters BFF's. three tabs on the side that said: email/phone/birthdays. like an address book.
i LOVEed making it. it was so fun. so i was wondering what you make yours into. i would like to make some more.
i was thinking about making one for my aunt to keep in her purse for a shopping list. then when she uses up all the pages she can just throw it away.
love to hear your ideas and pics when you have some.
I usually just cover them with either scrapbooking paper, or with a digital design I've printed on the computer.

So far I haven't made them for people with any specific purpose - but most of the people I gave them to keep them in their purse for when they need paper, or as a small shopping list book.

Last year for presents my mom and I made some Black Friday Survival Kits for my aunts/cousins. There was a ton of stuff in them, and one of the items we put in there were the mini comp books. The entire kit was done in black/white patterned papers, so we took some of the black/white patterned paper and covered the front and back of the mini comp book. Then I typed their names on my computer in the font that matched the rest of the kit. I printed it on white presentation paper, then cut it out using a plain edge oval Nestie. Then I took a piece of solid black, and cut out the next size up scallop Nestie - put the plain one on top of that, then put both on the mini comp book. They were simple yet elegant, not a lot of embellishments, I try and make them so they can easily go in a purse without bits and pieces falling off.

I have some pictures of that gift set but they're of a pretty crappy quality, my hands were shaking a lot that day and people were coming over to get them in just a few minutes, so I was in a real hurry. I can attach them though if you want to see them - just please excuse the crappy photography!
Anyway
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2010, 02:03 PM   #3767  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsbynikkiView Post
I have some pictures of that gift set but they're of a pretty crappy quality, my hands were shaking a lot that day and people were coming over to get them in just a few minutes, so I was in a real hurry. I can attach them though if you want to see them - just please excuse the crappy photography!
Anyway
I'd really like to see them...and I'll ignore the photography and focus on the items :grin:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2010, 02:22 PM   #3768  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by am2106View Post
I'd really like to see them...and I'll ignore the photography and focus on the items :grin:
Promise? LOL!

Ok, here are some pictures of the whole set, and one is a close up of the comp book.

In the gift set we had the gift bag - I bought those on clearance at Michaels for $7 for 13 bags. The tissue was $2 on clearance for enough for all 13 bags. The only thing totally store bought in the kit were the magnetic shopping pads (I couldn't make them for 50 cents if I used my own materials, and that's what I paid for them!) and the black and white pens (In the Michael's $1 section, marked half off, so 50 cents again) and the gift bags/tissue. Everything else we altered or made.

There is the grab n go cup and inside was a packet of hot chocolate. It was super simple, we just wrapped black and white paper around them. There is a mini chocolate bar in a crimped wrapper, and a fun size packet of starburst, also in a crimped wrapper. The bigger crimped wrapper is a thing of peanut butter and crackers - it has an oval nestie that says what it is on it.

I put three band-aids in a mini zip bag, and the topper says "Just In Case" on it. You can't really see it, but the topper is made from Nesties Labels 8, embossed with Cuttlebug D'vine Swirls, and the I printed off something that says "For You" on it and glued it on the front. The tissue box was made out of solid black cardstock, then we put the patterned paper only on the front.

The paper that has lines on it is an A2 envelope, and it says "Shopping Receipts" for all their receipts - then they write on the front which ones are in there so they know at a glance. There is a gift card holder that says "Shopping Money" on it and we put a $10 gift card in each one.

The tag on the bag says "I like my money hanging in my closet where I can see it" then it says there name and "Shopping Survival Kit" on it.

There is a coin tag from the kit that has a quarter glued on the front (I used scor-tape) and it's from DAISIE as well. It says

With this coin in your pocket
During your shopping spree
No matter how empty your wallet feels
Broke you'll never be

Last but not least, you see the mini comp book.

All the graphics of the shopping ladies and such were purchased at DAISIE - which is where I got the idea to do the shopping survival kit, except it was much easier and cheaper to use black/white patterned paper than to print the stuff in her kit - so I just bought the kit and then used bits and pieces to make other stuff out of it.

Ok, here are the pictures
Attached Thumbnails
craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-black_friday_giftset1.jpg   craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-black_friday_giftset2.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2010, 05:26 PM   #3769  
Matboard Maniac

Nikki, I *love* your Black Friday Survival Kits! That is such a great idea and I know your aunts and cousins loved them! BTW, I do not think that pic is "crappy" at all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2010, 05:38 PM   #3770  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Nikki, I *love* your Black Friday Survival Kits! That is such a great idea and I know your aunts and cousins loved them! BTW, I do not think that pic is "crappy" at all!
Thank you! It was super fun set to make. We made 8 of them and they seemed to be a huge hit - one of my cousins told me a few weeks ago that her tissues are gone and her comp book is filled up, so she needs more She's so cute!

Edit: I really wanted to make them so they could be used year-round, and not just the holidays. I thought the black/white theme was perfect for Black Friday, but elegant and usable all year round.

I've been thinking about making a couple of them to sell at an October or early November craft sale, and market them as Black Friday Shopping Survival Kits. I would charge $15 (not including a gift card, just the holder) but I don't know if people will pay that much or not. Maybe $10?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2010, 06:14 PM   #3771  
Stampin' Fool

I have completed 3 altered comp books with matching pens and working on my 4th. What do they sell for with and without the pens. My pens aren't beaded. Just matching dp paper inside and ribbons tied on the caps to match the ribbons on the books. I am not very fast at making these sets. Hopefully I will get a little quicker. And hopefully they will sell.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2010, 08:04 PM   #3772  
Inking Addict

Nikki - thanks for posting those pictures!! I think they're great, and a great idea!

Pricing is difficult for me because if I tend to think things are worth more than people will pay. That said, I think that the kit is definitely worth $15; but most of my items that sold at craft shows last year sounded like they were going to be used for Christmas gifts. I'm interested to see other peoples' responses because I think your gift sets are very clever and very nice!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2010, 08:59 PM   #3773  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Nikki - thanks for posting those pictures!! I think they're great, and a great idea!

Pricing is difficult for me because if I tend to think things are worth more than people will pay. That said, I think that the kit is definitely worth $15; but most of my items that sold at craft shows last year sounded like they were going to be used for Christmas gifts. I'm interested to see other peoples' responses because I think your gift sets are very clever and very nice!
I have the opposite problem, I never think people will pay anything significant! Most of our stuff is stocking stuffers $1 or $2 items. I decided to do a few sets but I think people will buy more of a lot of little things than maybe one or two bigger items. I also tend to just want to give it away lol!

And thank you I've gotten so many great ideas from this thread! Mom and I had a fun time making those sets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2010, 09:04 PM   #3774  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Thank you! It was super fun set to make. We made 8 of them and they seemed to be a huge hit - one of my cousins told me a few weeks ago that her tissues are gone and her comp book is filled up, so she needs more She's so cute!

Edit: I really wanted to make them so they could be used year-round, and not just the holidays. I thought the black/white theme was perfect for Black Friday, but elegant and usable all year round.

I've been thinking about making a couple of them to sell at an October or early November craft sale, and market them as Black Friday Shopping Survival Kits. I would charge $15 (not including a gift card, just the holder) but I don't know if people will pay that much or not. Maybe $10?

OH!! THANK YOU so much for the pictures and the detailed description of all the items in your kit. So clever and fun!

Just thinking out loud (so take it or leave it, just my two cents).... but I was thinking that you could make the kits non-specific. Instead of putting Black Friday Shopping Survival Kit, just put Shopping Survival Kit. Make them in several different color themes, especially pink/purple/red/flowers/-girly colors. Then people could give them as gifts for Christmas/birthday, etc. I would definately buy one for my sister who loves to shop. That girl is at the mall or JoAnn's or Wal-Mart every other day. I would definately pay $15.00 for it. I would buy a gift card to JoAnn's and give her that kit for Christmas. She would love it. You could just put "notes" on the label on the mini comp.

**After thought: If you really want to get fancy, you could just put a white round scallop circle on the mini notebook. Then have several sheets of letters. The person who buys the kit could tell you what letter they want on the notebook. Feel like they are getting/giving a real personalized gift.

Whatever you do, it will be a great seller. Your items are really nice.
Thanks for sharing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2010, 09:36 PM   #3775  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by not2shabbydesignsView Post
OH!! THANK YOU so much for the pictures and the detailed description of all the items in your kit. So clever and fun!

Just thinking out loud (so take it or leave it, just my two cents).... but I was thinking that you could make the kits non-specific. Instead of putting Black Friday Shopping Survival Kit, just put Shopping Survival Kit. Make them in several different color themes, especially pink/purple/red/flowers/-girly colors. Then people could give them as gifts for Christmas/birthday, etc. I would definately buy one for my sister who loves to shop. That girl is at the mall or JoAnn's or Wal-Mart every other day. I would definately pay $15.00 for it. I would buy a gift card to JoAnn's and give her that kit for Christmas. She would love it. You could just put "notes" on the label on the mini comp.

**After thought: If you really want to get fancy, you could just put a white round scallop circle on the mini notebook. Then have several sheets of letters. The person who buys the kit could tell you what letter they want on the notebook. Feel like they are getting/giving a real personalized gift.

Whatever you do, it will be a great seller. Your items are really nice.
Thanks for sharing.
That is a really good idea, thanks! I think I will do that. And I like the idea of being able to customize it for them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2010, 04:01 AM   #3776  
Die Cut Diva

Nice set Nikki.... glad I popped in to see what everyone is making. I think this would sell for $15 too... and I love the idea of personalizing it for each person by adding their initial or name with stickers or rub ons.... how fun. Very very clever~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2010, 05:34 AM   #3777  
Insane Embellisher

I would love to see pictures of your comp books, if you have them. It helps me a lot to see what others are doing.

Thanks!

Pat

Quote:

I have completed 3 altered comp books with matching pens and working on my 4th. What do they sell for with and without the pens. My pens aren't beaded. Just matching dp paper inside and ribbons tied on the caps to match the ribbons on the books. I am not very fast at making these sets. Hopefully I will get a little quicker. And hopefully they will sell.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2010, 09:51 AM   #3778  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

I would love to see pictures of your comp books, if you have them. It helps me a lot to see what others are doing.

Thanks!

Pat

Hi Pat

Here are two that I made for a craft fair last year- sorry I dont have better pictures, but I forgot to take photos before the fair!

Craft Fair by mrsskgilbert at Splitcoaststampers

ALL NEW!! As of 6/20/11 http://stamperstacey.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2010, 03:23 PM   #3779  
Matboard Maniac

Stacey, your display looks great! Are those purse gift card holders made with the Top Note die next to the candles? Too cute! Love your comps too - skulls are all the rage these days...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2010, 03:26 PM   #3780  
Matboard Maniac

Nikki, I think $15 is definitely a reasonable price for the Shopping Survival Kit - there is a lot of work involved in that. I also have the same problem and tend to price my stuff cheaper than people would pay. We need to hike up those prices!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2010, 03:53 PM   #3781  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Thanks!

Pat
I will try to take pics soon and post them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2010, 03:57 PM   #3782  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsskgilbertView Post
Hi Pat

Here are two that I made for a craft fair last year- sorry I dont have better pictures, but I forgot to take photos before the fair!

Craft Fair by mrsskgilbert at Splitcoaststampers
Your booth and craft items are wonderful!! Love how your displayed your coasters in the little bags. I tied mine in raffia last year and that was very time consuming. Do you mind telling what your journals with pens sold for?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2010, 04:25 PM   #3783  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Thanks!

Pat
Pat, I do not have pics of my comp books yet but there are about 25 pics in my gallary of things I made for my last 7 shows over the last 2 years and booth setups.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2010, 04:39 PM   #3784  
Insane Embellisher

Thanks! I will defintely check it out.

Pat

Quote:

Pat, I do not have pics of my comp books yet but there are about 25 pics in my gallary of things I made for my last 7 shows over the last 2 years and booth setups.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2010, 05:25 PM   #3785  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Nikki, I think $15 is definitely a reasonable price for the Shopping Survival Kit - there is a lot of work involved in that. I also have the same problem and tend to price my stuff cheaper than people would pay. We need to hike up those prices!
Based on my previous post, I guess you already know that I agree But it can be really frustrating to be at a show with vendors who have very similar items to yours who have underpriced them. I've done shows with a demo for a very well known stamp company who sells her beautiful cards for $1. My cards are nice, too; but there's no way I'm going to sell them for $3 or 2/$5 (which I firmly believe they are worth) when someone is selling equally nice cards for a dollar.

Fortunately, based on the feedback here I never plan to sell many cards and that's pretty much all she had so I wasn't too upset...but still frustrated

There's a fine line between pricing what an item is worth, overpricing and underpricing. And every area is different which makes the line even finer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2010, 06:09 PM   #3786  
Stampin' Fool

I took some pic of my journals and tried to upload to my gallary and it said photo to large and to decrease and try again. I have no idea how to decrease pixels. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2010, 06:13 PM   #3787  
Matboard Maniac

I have found that too. I had to decrease the setting in my camera. Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2010, 06:44 PM   #3788  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Your booth and craft items are wonderful!! Love how your displayed your coasters in the little bags. I tied mine in raffia last year and that was very time consuming. Do you mind telling what your journals with pens sold for?

I actually found the cloth bags at one of our local stores that was closing for $.75 for 4, but unfortunately they only had one package!

I sold my journals for $6 each. I got a great deal on RSVP pens and the comp books, so after materials my profit on them was $5.15!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2010, 06:48 PM   #3789  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Based on my previous post, I guess you already know that I agree But it can be really frustrating to be at a show with vendors who have very similar items to yours who have underpriced them. I've done shows with a demo for a very well known stamp company who sells her beautiful cards for $1. My cards are nice, too; but there's no way I'm going to sell them for $3 or 2/$5 (which I firmly believe they are worth) when someone is selling equally nice cards for a dollar.

Fortunately, based on the feedback here I never plan to sell many cards and that's pretty much all she had so I wasn't too upset...but still frustrated

There's a fine line between pricing what an item is worth, overpricing and underpricing. And every area is different which makes the line even finer.
I know what you mean about the pricing issue. Very frustrating! And that is so true about the handmade cards too, which is why I am like you and do not plan to sell cards because so many people think, "I won't pay $3 for one card - I can get a card for .50 at Dollar Tree!" Of course, you get what you pay for at Dollar Tree, but a lot of people do not see the hard work that goes into handmade crafts...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2010, 06:49 PM   #3790  
Matboard Maniac

WOW, awesome profit, Stacey!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2010, 06:54 PM   #3791  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Stacey, your display looks great! Are those purse gift card holders made with the Top Note die next to the candles? Too cute! Love your comps too - skulls are all the rage these days...
Hi Kate!

Thanks! The gift card holders were actually from Dawn Griffiths website, but to be honest I didnt even sell one of those- I did make some "wallet" gift card holders, I embossed them with a cuttlebug folder to make it look like alligator skin- and those sold pretty well- as did all the skull items!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2010, 07:00 PM   #3792  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

WOW, awesome profit, Stacey!!!
On those at least! There were alot of items I thought would be "perfect" and didnt sell one of them. The last 15 mins of the fair I sold a bunch of stuff, ex: snowman soup's for $1 a piece and I had well over $3 in them, scrabble tile necklaces- sold for $2 had over $5 in those!

I definately learned some valuable lessons! There is a fair that is 2 days long about 20 mins from my house- so rather than do the show in my hometown I am going to do it there- I think I will have a better profit- more people and a better location!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2010, 07:23 PM   #3793  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

On those at least! There were alot of items I thought would be "perfect" and didnt sell one of them. The last 15 mins of the fair I sold a bunch of stuff, ex: snowman soup's for $1 a piece and I had well over $3 in them, scrabble tile necklaces- sold for $2 had over $5 in those!

I definately learned some valuable lessons! There is a fair that is 2 days long about 20 mins from my house- so rather than do the show in my hometown I am going to do it there- I think I will have a better profit- more people and a better location!
Hi Stacey - your display and items looked fantastic!! I see you also were selling stamped candles - how much did you charge for those? I just got an order of 10 candles (the 3" size) and matching matchboxes, and have no idea how much to charge for either.

If anyone else has advice on pricing for either of these two items, I would appreciate it.

Thank you in advance!!!

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things." - Robert Brault
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2010, 09:18 PM   #3794  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSUKim05View Post
Hi Stacey - your display and items looked fantastic!! I see you also were selling stamped candles - how much did you charge for those? I just got an order of 10 candles (the 3" size) and matching matchboxes, and have no idea how much to charge for either.

If anyone else has advice on pricing for either of these two items, I would appreciate it.

Thank you in advance!!!

Hi Kim

Thanks so much! I sold the small ones for $4, as for the matchboxes, I am not sure,but if it were me I would probably go for $1- $1.50, I know Christel made some last year for her craft fair, I will try to find her link for you- or hopefully she can post for you

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2010, 07:14 AM   #3795  
Insane Embellisher

I use an online site to resize my photos. Go to www.picnik.com and upload the photo. Then click on resize and size it down to around 250 pixels. Then save the photo. I find it works well and is easy to use.

Hope this helps!

Pat

Quote:

I took some pic of my journals and tried to upload to my gallary and it said photo to large and to decrease and try again. I have no idea how to decrease pixels. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2010, 10:47 AM   #3796  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Hi Kim

Thanks so much! I sold the small ones for $4, as for the matchboxes, I am not sure,but if it were me I would probably go for $1- $1.50, I know Christel made some last year for her craft fair, I will try to find her link for you- or hopefully she can post for you
I sold my decorated matchboxes for $1 and barely any sold. There is NO way I could sell them for less. The cost of supplies was not much, maybe a quarter, but they took a while to make. I have been making them to give as gifts and everyone goes crazy over them. I will pair up a candle holder (made out of a glass baby food jar) and a decorated matchbox for my craft fair this year. I'm thinking $5 for the set in a cute bag.

You can find a few of my matchboxes in my gallery... CAmomof2's Gallery at Splitcoaststampers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2010, 01:14 PM   #3797  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Promise? LOL!

Ok, here are some pictures of the whole set, and one is a close up of the comp book.

In the gift set we had the gift bag - I bought those on clearance at Michaels for $7 for 13 bags. The tissue was $2 on clearance for enough for all 13 bags. The only thing totally store bought in the kit were the magnetic shopping pads (I couldn't make them for 50 cents if I used my own materials, and that's what I paid for them!) and the black and white pens (In the Michael's $1 section, marked half off, so 50 cents again) and the gift bags/tissue. Everything else we altered or made.

There is the grab n go cup and inside was a packet of hot chocolate. It was super simple, we just wrapped black and white paper around them. There is a mini chocolate bar in a crimped wrapper, and a fun size packet of starburst, also in a crimped wrapper. The bigger crimped wrapper is a thing of peanut butter and crackers - it has an oval nestie that says what it is on it.

I put three band-aids in a mini zip bag, and the topper says "Just In Case" on it. You can't really see it, but the topper is made from Nesties Labels 8, embossed with Cuttlebug D'vine Swirls, and the I printed off something that says "For You" on it and glued it on the front. The tissue box was made out of solid black cardstock, then we put the patterned paper only on the front.

The paper that has lines on it is an A2 envelope, and it says "Shopping Receipts" for all their receipts - then they write on the front which ones are in there so they know at a glance. There is a gift card holder that says "Shopping Money" on it and we put a $10 gift card in each one.

The tag on the bag says "I like my money hanging in my closet where I can see it" then it says there name and "Shopping Survival Kit" on it.

There is a coin tag from the kit that has a quarter glued on the front (I used scor-tape) and it's from DAISIE as well. It says

With this coin in your pocket
During your shopping spree
No matter how empty your wallet feels
Broke you'll never be

Last but not least, you see the mini comp book.

All the graphics of the shopping ladies and such were purchased at DAISIE - which is where I got the idea to do the shopping survival kit, except it was much easier and cheaper to use black/white patterned paper than to print the stuff in her kit - so I just bought the kit and then used bits and pieces to make other stuff out of it.

Ok, here are the pictures

Thank you for sharing! These really turned out neat!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2010, 01:26 PM   #3798  
Matboard Maniac

Hellow ladies!! I am new to forums, but have enjoyed the inspiration I get from looking through SCS galleries. I luv2cre8 and am considering entering some of my crafts in a local craft fair in Nov. Can anyone help me on what all needs to be done sales tax wise and paper wise if I were to start selling some of my creations? I am also trying to decide what kinds of things would sell good, since the economy is kind of a mess right now. Any suggestions? I have some of the things I have made on my blog at http://www.jennudesigns.blogspot.com. Maybe you can suggest which ones would sell good at a craft fair. Thanks in advance!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2010, 03:04 PM   #3799  
Stampin' Fool

If I did this correctly this should be a link to one of the journals I made. If this works I will retake the pics of the others and post them.Wake Up & Smell the Coffee Journal by dhb1281 at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2010, 03:21 PM   #3800  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

yep..it worked.

My blog: www.maryscraftroom.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes