Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-12-2010, 11:04 AM   #3881  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldumont999View Post
LOVED this poem. Did you write it? I would love to "borrow" this for my own Christmas crafts this year.
You can surely use it. It was actually written somewhere, and then I removed some piece and added some to change it up a bit. Feel free to use it!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2010, 04:21 PM   #3882  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbscrapsView Post
OK ladies, I just started preparing for my 1st craft fair. Its not until October, so I have plenty of time...please take a moment and look at the pics in my gallery and give your opinions. Also, here is what I was thinking for pricing, what do you think?

Gift card holders - $2.50
Mini Comp books - $1.50
post it note holders - $2.50
individual cards - $2.00 each

Thanks for advice! I plan on working on my large comp books today! I am going to do a pen with those for $6.00 (I think)
Your items are cute!! I would charge more for your the mini comps and the post it note holders, they are really pretty. I got my little gel pens in the target dollar spot last year 6 for $1 and am going to keep my eye out for more. Your card holder are great and should sell well at 2.50. I love making those pop up cards!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2010, 04:27 PM   #3883  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 177 Likes on 132 Posts

also remember "golf pencils". i have found them in staples,office max,etc
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2010, 05:38 PM   #3884  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by loribelle3View Post
I loved your mini composition notebooks! I plan on charging more for mine, with a pen....maybe $3? I can only find those in stores 3 for $1. Same thing with my post it note holders, with a pen for $4. I am with you on the large comp books with pen for $6. HTH
Do you mind telling me where you found these 3 for $1? I have only been able to find them for 79� for one at Walmart or 99� for two at Target. I know they have some smaller ones at the Dollar tree from time to time, but the covers are not thick on those.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2010, 07:11 AM   #3885  
Rubber Obsessor

Default mini composition notebooks

The Dollar General Store has them 3 for $1. Their large composition notebooks are $1 each. The covers aren't as thick as the large ones, but I don't think it's too thin. I will look at WalMart next time and compare the covers to let you know if there is a difference.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAmomof2View Post
Do you mind telling me where you found these 3 for $1? I have only been able to find them for 79� for one at Walmart or 99� for two at Target. I know they have some smaller ones at the Dollar tree from time to time, but the covers are not thick on those.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2010, 07:15 AM   #3886  
Cardstock Collector

This thread is awesome!!

I'm kind of new to the world of altering items. Can someone tell me what kind of pens you can add patterned paper to and where you can get them cheap?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2010, 07:59 AM   #3887  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiddlestixView Post
This thread is awesome!!

I'm kind of new to the world of altering items. Can someone tell me what kind of pens you can add patterned paper to and where you can get them cheap?

Thanks!

I use the RSVP pens. Honestly you just have to look out for sales. I got mine last year from Office Depot they had packages of 5 on sale for $1, otherwise they are around $5. The women on this board are good about giving alerts on here when they find them on sale!

ALL NEW!! As of 6/20/11 http://stamperstacey.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2010, 10:09 AM   #3888  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhb1281View Post
Had anyone altered any dry erase boards? I purchased a couple today. Can you stamp on them with something like stazon and does it stay on??
I altered some dry erase boards last year and sold out completely. They were a big hit. I used StazOn on mine and it really did stay on there. I tested one to make sure I couldn't wipe it off. The one problem I ran into was that you need to have a very light hand. You only get one shot at it and the dry erase surface is kind of slippery. Palette inks might work as well. I used some dry erase paper on a few photo frames the other day and stamped them with Palette and that hasn't rubbed off after testing. I'll have to post a picture of those. They really turned out cute, if I do say so myself. lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2010, 11:01 AM   #3889  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

This thread is awesome!!

Thanks!
I just picked up a package of 10 Rubber Grip Gel pens at Dollar General for $2. They are slightly smaller then the RSVP pens and the end pops out instead of unscrews, but they seem to work. I am getting ready to post a picture of the altered file folder and pen I made last night in my gallery and on my blog, so you can see what it looks like.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2010, 11:49 AM   #3890  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennunderView Post
I just picked up a package of 10 Rubber Grip Gel pens at Dollar General for $2. They are slightly smaller then the RSVP pens and the end pops out instead of unscrews, but they seem to work. I am getting ready to post a picture of the altered file folder and pen I made last night in my gallery and on my blog, so you can see what it looks like.
Jenn,

That looks great, and that's a good deal on the pens.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2010, 11:53 AM   #3891  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 177 Likes on 132 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by nsrussView Post
I altered some dry erase boards last year and sold out completely. They were a big hit. I used StazOn on mine and it really did stay on there. I tested one to make sure I couldn't wipe it off. The one problem I ran into was that you need to have a very light hand. You only get one shot at it and the dry erase surface is kind of slippery. Palette inks might work as well. I used some dry erase paper on a few photo frames the other day and stamped them with Palette and that hasn't rubbed off after testing. I'll have to post a picture of those. They really turned out cute, if I do say so myself. lol
would love a photo-when you have time. tfs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2010, 12:29 PM   #3892  
Matboard Maniac

Default How many different items do you take to a Craft Fair?

I am preparing for my first craft fair in November and I am trying to make a list of items to make and take. There are so many neat projects and I have read the feedback on what things seem to sell best, but what I am wondering is how many different items should I make and take for a 10'x10' booth spot? Do you do better if there are several varieties of items to choose from or make several of a few items?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2010, 03:16 PM   #3893  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

They look great, thanks!

And thanks, Stacey.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2010, 04:21 PM   #3894  
Kookie Creator

Default Are we depleting Walmart?

Great news for those of you that have wiped out your local Walmart of comp books - Target has theirs on sale of .25 also! They may be a tad bit smaller, but not by much. Go check it out!

Sharon

PS Jen...Great job on your file folder notebook and comp book!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2010, 05:49 PM   #3895  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

I just finished my first one using stazon and letting it dry. Too chicken to test it yet to see if it stays on. I will take a pic and post too. Would love to see a pic of yours. How much did you charge for yours? The boards I got are usually 4.99 and come with the magnets to attach to the back. Staples had a special $1 sale Sunday and sold out right away. It was a limit 2 per person and I was able to get a couple other customers who didn't want them to buy a couple for me. Stopped by again yesterday and they still didn't have anymore. Just wondering were you found your boards and the cost?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2010, 07:47 PM   #3896  
Stampin' Fool

Apple dry erase board and matching sticky notes by dhb1281 at Splitcoaststampers This is a link to pic in my gallery of altered dry erase board I made tonight and matching stickynote holder with gel pen.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2010, 07:52 PM   #3897  
Stampin' Fool

Black and White Altered File Folder by dhb1281 at Splitcoaststampers This is the inside of the first file folder I altered.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2010, 07:53 PM   #3898  
Stampin' Fool

Black and White Altered File Folder by dhb1281 at Splitcoaststampers Front of the altered file folder. I tried to get all three links in same message but canot remember how to do it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2010, 08:32 PM   #3899  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by imlynneView Post
Thanks so much for giving us the info about Walmart.
If you see the mini comp books on sale anywhere would you please give us a heads up?
Dollar General sells them in a 3-pack for $1. I have cleaned out more than one Dollar General in an effort to keep up with the demand I have for these smaller versions. My customers love to make tham, and I always sell out of them at shows.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 04:56 AM   #3900  
Compulsive Stamper

I made some coasters last night. They turned out good for the most part. I messed up one so I threw it in the dishwasher just to see what would happen. Doesn't seem to have affected it. :o
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 05:57 AM   #3901  
Rubber Obsessor

Default tile coasters

Did you bake yours in the oven to set the colors? I did my last ones, but I was wondering if you found it necessary?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronzfrogView Post
I made some coasters last night. They turned out good for the most part. I messed up one so I threw it in the dishwasher just to see what would happen. Doesn't seem to have affected it. :o
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 06:44 AM   #3902  
Rubber Obsessor

Default tile coasters

By the way, I've messed some up before too. If you immediately take a baby wipe and wipe off the surface, it usually gets most of the ink. If any little bit is remaining, I've used a magic eraser to get it off. That way, I don't waste as many tiles on my mess-ups!

Quote:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 07:13 AM   #3903  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

i'm preparing for my first craft sale - what do you use for the coasters?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 08:26 AM   #3904  
Rubber Obsessor

Default coasters

I use tiles from Lowes that I stamp with Stazon ink. I color them with Sharpies. I get and cut corkboard from Walmart that I adhere with e6000 glue. I think there's a pic of one in my gallery. I also baked mine....I can't remember for sure, I think at 250 degrees for 20minutes? Then sprayed with krylon to seal and gloss. Here's a tutorial that does it a bit different:
Tile Coasters Tutorials at Splitcoaststampers

Quote:

Originally Posted by guinevereladyView Post
i'm preparing for my first craft sale - what do you use for the coasters?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 08:31 AM   #3905  
Rubber Obsessor

Default craft show question

Have you found that "themed" items sell better? For example...in all the comp notebooks I've been doing, and the post it note holders with mini gel pens I'm working on, most of them are just pretty patterned paper, in a variety of colors. I wonder if it's better to try to do more themes--teacher items, apples, butterflies, horses, coffee, whatever? If so, what themes sell the best? I think someone mentioned lighthouses sold well on the coasters. TIA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 08:48 AM   #3906  
Compulsive Stamper

I used Travertine tile (Lowes), StazOn ink pad and baked at 350 for 5 minutes.

Thanks for the tip about the baby wipes and magic eraser.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 09:31 AM   #3907  
Matboard Maniac

Question Altered dry erase board questions????

I love the way these turned out.
How much did you sell your sets for?
Where did you buy your dry erase boards?
Lynne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 09:56 AM   #3908  
Stampin' Fool

I just bought 100 of the 25 cent Composition books at WalMart. I had so many ideas running through my head last night I could not sleep. I now have a TON of fun things to work on while we are at the lake next week. I don't swim or lay out in the sun so I will stay inside with the air conditioning while the rest of my family sweats!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 02:28 PM   #3909  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by imlynneView Post
I love the way these turned out.
How much did you sell your sets for?
Where did you buy your dry erase boards?
Lynne
I was at the dollar tree today looking for small comp notebooks and they had dry erase boards in with their school stuff. Not exceptional quality but might be cute once you stamp on them and "pretty them up" as my daughter would say!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 02:54 PM   #3910  
Cardstock Collector

Default SU Angel Policy

I've looked all over SU! website and I cannot find the copyright stamp I'm supposed to put on my projects. I only see a digital download. Where I can find the actual stamp? Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 03:45 PM   #3911  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Have you found that "themed" items sell better? For example...in all the comp notebooks I've been doing, and the post it note holders with mini gel pens I'm working on, most of them are just pretty patterned paper, in a variety of colors. I wonder if it's better to try to do more themes--teacher items, apples, butterflies, horses, coffee, whatever? If so, what themes sell the best? I think someone mentioned lighthouses sold well on the coasters. TIA
Last year was my first year to do more themed items. I made matching sticky notes, little note pads, bookmards, greeting cards and coasters. I am trying to do the same this year. This is a pic of my lighthouse coasters in a gift basket and they were the first to sell at $20 ea.Lighthouse Coaster Tiles in gift baskets by dhb1281 at Splitcoaststampers I just got my apple stamp this year and plan to make some coasters with it too. I had ladies asking for things with cats and only had a couple. There is also a pic in my gallary of the coasters with fall leaves and they sold well and had the matching items to go with them too. The birthday cards and thankyou themed cards sold too. Their are pics in my gallary of those too. Just simple stamping, quick and easy and 1.50 per card. Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 04:01 PM   #3912  
Stampin' Fool

Assorted cards on card tree for crafts for craft show by dhb1281 at Splitcoaststampers This is a pic of the cards I sold for 1.50 ea last year that matched the images on some of my coasters and other items. I sold more of these than my more decorated higher priced cards. My photography cards did well too especially since they were the leftovers from the year before because I ran out of time to print pics of new photos I had shot. The photography ones sell for 3.00 ea or 4/11.00. So if you like to take pictures this is something to try. Biggest sellers in the photo ones are of flowers and nature. More pics of those are in my gallary too. Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 04:06 PM   #3913  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Cannot wait to see a pic of your dry erase boards and would love some advice on pricing mine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 04:36 PM   #3914  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

I don't know if they sell better, since this is my first year doing paper-crafting booth at a show.

But we are theme-ing ours. I do a lot of digital paper and stuff like that (I'm addicted to technology), so I'm designing my stuff in Photoshop, then printing, cutting, assembling, rather than stamping. I am doing a pink basketweave paper set, a blue swirly paper set, and a purple stripe set, plus a rose stripe set.

I am doing tissue boxes, 3" post it note holders with a paper strap (so super easy to do), mini post it note holders in a purse-type shape, magnetic bookmarks and regular bookmarks, that all coordinate. I'll have tags that match, everything will be put in zip bags with coordinating toppers. This way, IMO, people can build their own "gift set" with exactly what they want in it. I'm seriously thinking about doing my paper baskets that I do, and if they buy 5 items, they can get the basket for free. Then they can put everything in the basket that all coordinates, put the tag on it, and they have a perfect matching gift.

I'm also going to be doing tea-bag holders, and the blue swirly is what I have decided to do my get well sets out of, so it will have a lipton chicken noodle soup packet, the tea bag holder, tissue box, puzzle book, post it holder with pen, and other stuff that I have written down but can't think of at the moment! They can get some of it, or if they buy the whole kit it will come all packaged in a basket.

I'm thinking of making cards that coordinate with all this, so they can buy a matching card - just general - and choose the sentiment for inside. Thinking of You, Feel Better, Happy Birthday, etc. I'm not sure yet.

I just think people will buy more of it if they see they can get all these things that coordinate and go together, and build the gift that they know the person they are giving it to will like it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 05:48 PM   #3915  
Inking Addict

Quote:

I am preparing for my first craft fair in November and I am trying to make a list of items to make and take. There are so many neat projects and I have read the feedback on what things seem to sell best, but what I am wondering is how many different items should I make and take for a 10'x10' booth spot? Do you do better if there are several varieties of items to choose from or make several of a few items?
Last year was my first year doing craft shows (for paper products), and I found so many good ideas here I made a few of everything! I probably had about 20-25 different things. I heard a LOT of "oh, that's so cute" and watched a lot of people walk away. I honestly think that I had SO many choices that it was too overwhelming. I know for myself, I will sometimes not buy anything because the choice is too difficult

That said, I did have a few people who bought everything I had of a few different things for stocking stuffers and/or holiday favors. This year I'm going to focus on making a lot of a few different things. Now to decide what those few different things should be...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2010, 05:49 PM   #3916  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by tat2girlView Post
Great news for those of you that have wiped out your local Walmart of comp books - Target has theirs on sale of .25 also! They may be a tad bit smaller, but not by much. Go check it out!

Sharon
And Target has the college ruled, too! All I could find at Walmart was wide-rule, which is fine; but I prefer college rule and was happy to see those.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 01:19 AM   #3917  
Inking Addict

Quote:

I've looked all over SU! website and I cannot find the copyright stamp I'm supposed to put on my projects. I only see a digital download. Where I can find the actual stamp? Thanks in advance!
It is called "Art by Design". On the website, look under wood stamps, then elements. Some of the stamps in this set meet the angel policy requirements.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 05:11 AM   #3918  
Glitter Queen

Does anyone know where to get the jumbo paperclips for bookmarks? I read here that Walmart doesn't carry them anymore. I know that Staples has them but OUCH--too expensive!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 05:54 AM   #3919  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Page 146 of the new catalog.

MY GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 06:07 AM   #3920  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouiseAnnView Post
It is called "Art by Design". On the website, look under wood stamps, then elements. Some of the stamps in this set meet the angel policy requirements.
Found it. Thank you so much! I can't believe it's so expensive.

Last edited by fiddlestix; 07-15-2010 at 06:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes