Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-15-2010, 07:34 AM   #3921  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Photography cards

I checked out your gallery--lovely! I LOVE the idea of your photography cards. I love taking pictures, and using them on cards, but I never thought of taking them with me to craft shows. Do you find 5x7s sell better than 4x6? I prefer the smaller, but I don't know if everyone else will or not.

I also saw the bookmarks in your gallery and I like the display on black. Did you use some sort of tray? I was wondering how I was going to display mine! TFS!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhb1281View Post
Assorted cards on card tree for crafts for craft show by dhb1281 at Splitcoaststampers This is a pic of the cards I sold for 1.50 ea last year that matched the images on some of my coasters and other items. I sold more of these than my more decorated higher priced cards. My photography cards did well too especially since they were the leftovers from the year before because I ran out of time to print pics of new photos I had shot. The photography ones sell for 3.00 ea or 4/11.00. So if you like to take pictures this is something to try. Biggest sellers in the photo ones are of flowers and nature. More pics of those are in my gallary too. Hope this helps.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 01:39 PM   #3922  
Matboard Maniac

Hey, I was wondering if anyone has sold the decorated microwave popcorn sliders at craft fairs? If so, how much did you charge? I found a box of 24 packages of popcorn for $5 at Wal-Mart, which means the popcorn itself is .21. Do you think selling it for $1.00 is too cheap? Maybe $1.50??? Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 01:45 PM   #3923  
Matboard Maniac

Question

Also, I think someone said they sold the "homemade Christmas fudge" made from Hershey bars...how much did you charge for those? I *hate* pricing!! :confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 02:06 PM   #3924  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Christmas fudge

I haven't made the popcorn, but did the "fudge." I used the regular sized bars, not king sized, and charged $1 for them each. I think most, if not all of them, sold. I didn't realize it then, but now I see I didn't make a good profit on them, seeing as the bars were $.61 each. I don't know if I'll make them again. I don't think people would buy them for much more. I could be wrong.

*They were 6 for $3.64, maybe I could find them cheaper than that.*

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krafty*KateView Post
Also, I think someone said they sold the "homemade Christmas fudge" made from Hershey bars...how much did you charge for those? I *hate* pricing!! :confused:

Last edited by loribelle3; 07-15-2010 at 02:08 PM.. Reason: adding info
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 02:34 PM   #3925  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by loribelle3View Post
I checked out your gallery--lovely! I LOVE the idea of your photography cards. I love taking pictures, and using them on cards, but I never thought of taking them with me to craft shows. Do you find 5x7s sell better than 4x6? I prefer the smaller, but I don't know if everyone else will or not.

I also saw the bookmarks in your gallery and I like the display on black. Did you use some sort of tray? I was wondering how I was going to display mine! TFS!!!
Thank you. I use 4x6 photos on 5x7 cards. I was matting them with card stock before putting them on the card, but found out they sold just as well just the photo, so I don't mat them anymore. I usually get the cards and envelopes at hobby lobby. My daughter does 4x6 and 5x7 pics and sells thoses matted with regular photo mats ready for framing not on cards. You can also display a photo card in a frame to let people know they can buy a photo card and also frame it as it fits right into a 5x7 frame. We put all the photo items in adhesive bags from clearbags.com. I have displayed the book marks either laying flat in a black jewerly tray or upright in a white plastic long rectangular basket. Just depends on how my display goes up at a show which way I do it. If it is a themed item, I try to put the matching book marks next to what they match. They sell well at 2.50 ea or 2/$4. I add new designs each year as I have repeat customer who buy the bookmarks for gifts each year and look for the new designs. Some have CATS calender on the back that she puts on SCS ea year for everyone to use. Thanks again CAT!! Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 02:39 PM   #3926  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by loribelle3View Post
I haven't made the popcorn, but did the "fudge." I used the regular sized bars, not king sized, and charged $1 for them each. I think most, if not all of them, sold. I didn't realize it then, but now I see I didn't make a good profit on them, seeing as the bars were $.61 each. I don't know if I'll make them again. I don't think people would buy them for much more. I could be wrong.

*They were 6 for $3.64, maybe I could find them cheaper than that.*
I charge $1 for my fun size M&M bags and $1.50 for the regular size hersey bar with Christmas fudge poem. I sell the hot chocolate as Snowman Soup and Santa Soup for $1.50. One year I decorated a couple cans of cambell tomatoe soup and sold it as Santa Soup for $2. with the poem attached to the front.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 02:51 PM   #3927  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just wanted to let you ladies know - I found individually wrapped packages of mini marshmallows at Oriental Trading, 72 packs for $6 total. I had been searching EVERYWHERE and couldn't find them at all locally, and was having trouble finding them online for less than 150 packs. These ones are even in cute little snowman packages! No decorating needed

It makes it 12 for $1, which is a great price IMO. You only get 8 mini marshmallows in a pack but that's good for a cup of cocoa.

Now if I could just find the individual packs of the regular size marshmallows for S'mores, I'd be a happy camper. If anyone knows where I can get them, PLEASE let me know! I'm getting desperate :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 02:54 PM   #3928  
Stampin' Fool

P.S. I use to sell the christmas fudge and snowman soups very well at $2 each but the economy here last couple of years with GM and other businesses closing I saw slowers sales and reduced my prices a bit so I guess it may depend on your area and how fancy you package your item on what price it will sell for. Also I have found if somethin is not selling for the next show I add a bow or ribbon to the package and it sells for the price I have on it. Well worth a little exra ribbon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 03:25 PM   #3929  
Matboard Maniac

Default smores??

For those of you who do the little s'more packages for Christmas, do you wrap your graham crackers or do you buy them prepackaged?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 05:58 PM   #3930  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by imlynneView Post
For those of you who do the little s'more packages for Christmas, do you wrap your graham crackers or do you buy them prepackaged?
I'm wanting to buy them prepackaged - I don't want to re-package any food that I am selling. I will for gifts, but I don't want to for craft shows.

Amazon sells the Nabisco Graham Crackers with 2 half crackers in a pack - you get 200 packs in the box and I think it was $15? Not a bad price, but I'm hoping to find a smaller box at Costco or Sam's. I would L*O*V*E* to be able to find the regular size marshmallows pre-packaged in smaller bags for s'mores kits.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2010, 07:39 PM   #3931  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Kate, I sold the "Christmas Fudge" at a craft sale here, and sold them for $1.50 each. I sold out of those, and ended up making more the next day for the following days sale. I am with you...I hate pricing too!:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2010, 07:18 AM   #3932  
Matboard Maniac

Default Snowman S'mores

I am not sure where you can get sealed packages of large marshmallows for the smores, but I think I am going to use this (snowman_smores_by_kamperstampr by kamperstampr at Splitcoaststampers) idea and do Peeps S'mores with a topper. Hopefully it will not be a big deal that the Peeps are not prepackaged... On the back, I will attach a label with this poem I made up:

Place one graham cracker on a plate;
Top with peep and bar of chocolate.
Microwave for 10 seconds and wait
Until the chocolate and peep deflate.
Top with graham cracker, then eat,
Snowman S�mores � a tasty treat!

I am thinking about selling them for $1.50. Do you think that price is reasonable???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2010, 08:39 AM   #3933  
Matboard Maniac

I am making more File Folder notebooks and have been trying to find the white jr. legal pads. I just found them at Office Max and they are having a sale going right now on legal pads buy 2 get 1 free, so you can get 36 white jr. legal pads for $12.98 (around 36 cents each). I thought that was a good price. Anyone find them cheaper anywhere else?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2010, 12:39 PM   #3934  
Die Cut Diva

A good friend gave me this advice and it seemed to work... Price one way and offer a saving for quantity amount. For example on my small items, I priced at $2 each or 3 for $5. That way you can get away with pricing a little more, but customers see it as a cost saving purchase. I didn't make any of the "poops" last year, but I'm going to try it this year and that's how I plan to price mine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2010, 01:00 PM   #3935  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennunderView Post
I am making more File Folder notebooks and have been trying to find the white jr. legal pads. I just found them at Office Max and they are having a sale going right now on legal pads buy 2 get 1 free, so you can get 36 white jr. legal pads for $12.98 (around 36 cents each). I thought that was a good price. Anyone find them cheaper anywhere else?
This is great news. I gave .50 a piece for the yellow ones and would really like to put white ones in mine too. I know there is a office max around here somewhere and will check it out. TFS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2010, 01:20 PM   #3936  
Stampin' Fool

Grapes and Wine Altered Dry Erase Board by dhb1281 at Splitcoaststampers This is another altered dry erase board. I need help with pricing please. They are 8 1/2 x 11 and are magnetic on the back and come with a dry erase marker with an eraser tip. I got them on sale, but reg price was 4.99. What would you charge. I was only able to get 6 of them on sale.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2010, 02:35 PM   #3937  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Grapes and Wine Altered Dry Erase Board by dhb1281 at Splitcoaststampers This is another altered dry erase board. I need help with pricing please. They are 8 1/2 x 11 and are magnetic on the back and come with a dry erase marker with an eraser tip. I got them on sale, but reg price was 4.99. What would you charge. I was only able to get 6 of them on sale.
If it were me I think I would price them at $7, but reduce the price if they dont seem to sell at that?

ALL NEW!! As of 6/20/11 http://stamperstacey.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2010, 05:44 PM   #3938  
Kookie Creator

So how do you all set up your displays? What do you take with you? I might be doing one with a 10x10 space with two tables, and I have no idea how to set my stuff up. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2010, 07:04 PM   #3939  
Crimping Master

Quote:

I made the Christmas Fudge from the jumbo bars and sold quite a few for $4.00. I found the candy bars on sale at Kroger one day for 1.00, so made a nice little profit on these.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2010, 07:19 PM   #3940  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinetickatieView Post
So how do you all set up your displays? What do you take with you? I might be doing one with a 10x10 space with two tables, and I have no idea how to set my stuff up. Any ideas?
Most of the spaces that I rent for craft shows are 10x10, so I use (2) 6' tables and (1) 8' table to make a U shape. I cover my tables with black twin sheets that you can buy at Walmart for 4.00 /ea. My friend is a Longaberger consultant, so I borrow her baskets for displaying all of my items. This year I will be adding the white closet shelves on the back of my display for some vertical display space. Here are a couple display ideas on Kerry's Blog.
She has some awesome craft show ideass and pictures so plan to surf her stuff for a while!

Last edited by kaitysmom; 07-16-2010 at 07:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2010, 10:32 PM   #3941  
Kookie Creator

Thank you for the link! I am going to buy some racks from storesupply.com, like a card rack and some wire displays. I have already started making things and I haven't even sent in my application yet. I need the booth fee first lol. And if I don't get in, I'll just wait for the next fair

I do have a question, though...on the application it asks for a picture of your setup and/or product...I've never done a setup and think it's pretty extensive to send a picture of EVERYTHING I'll be taking...what exactly are they looking for?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2010, 03:12 AM   #3942  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Thank you for the link! I am going to buy some racks from storesupply.com, like a card rack and some wire displays. I have already started making things and I haven't even sent in my application yet. I need the booth fee first lol. And if I don't get in, I'll just wait for the next fair

I do have a question, though...on the application it asks for a picture of your setup and/or product...I've never done a setup and think it's pretty extensive to send a picture of EVERYTHING I'll be taking...what exactly are they looking for?
I think they're usually just looking to make sure your items are homemade and of good quality. Take a few pics of your items in decent light and explain that this is your first show. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2010, 06:18 AM   #3943  
Stampin' Fool

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

Quote:

Before you order any displays and pay full price, look on craigslist. I bought two card racks for myself and then was able to find some for friends as well. You have to check everyday and don't get discouraged if you don't find one right away. It will save you a lot of money.

As far as taking pictures, set up a table with anything you have made so far in some baskets or some such thing. Be sure to cover the tables with something. They really don't seem to care if your things aren't arranged the same way the day of the show. They want to make sure you don't say you are doing papercrafts and show up with cards you bought at a flea market for 25 cents and are re-selling. Some like to limit the number of vendors selling a particular item. (Especially true if you sell jewelry like my husband does)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2010, 08:43 AM   #3944  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

This is great news. I gave .50 a piece for the yellow ones and would really like to put white ones in mine too. I know there is a office max around here somewhere and will check it out. TFS
I discovered that they are cheaper online, but you have to order $50 worth to get free shipping. I was a little disappointed when I went to my local OfficeMax and saw that they were $8.79 for 12, so I ended up getting 36 for $17.58, so they ended up being .49 cents each, but my kids are at grandparents this week, so I didn't want to order them and have to wait since I am hoping to be crafting up a storm this week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2010, 08:59 AM   #3945  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennunderView Post
I discovered that they are cheaper online, but you have to order $50 worth to get free shipping. I was a little disappointed when I went to my local OfficeMax and saw that they were $8.79 for 12, so I ended up getting 36 for $17.58, so they ended up being .49 cents each, but my kids are at grandparents this week, so I didn't want to order them and have to wait since I am hoping to be crafting up a storm this week.
I get my white ones at Walmart...I think that they are less than 5.00 for 12...so that makes them about .40 each - not too bad! Would love to find an Office Max around here though!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2010, 10:13 AM   #3946  
Matboard Maniac

Default boutique questions

for the match boxes: do these have a little drawer in them? If so, I don't see how you would make anything selling them for $1.50. They take a lot of time.

Boutique prep: How long in advance do you get you 'gifty' cello bag items put together to keep them looking fresh.
Also, how far ahead do you do your candy bars wrapped for sale?

Thanks in advance,
imLynne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2010, 10:39 AM   #3947  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by imlynneView Post
for the match boxes: do these have a little drawer in them? If so, I don't see how you would make anything selling them for $1.50. They take a lot of time.

Boutique prep: How long in advance do you get you 'gifty' cello bag items put together to keep them looking fresh.
Also, how far ahead do you do your candy bars wrapped for sale?

Thanks in advance,
imLynne
Lynne,

I don't know if you're talking about the altered/decorated matchboxes that I make, but my cost on those is about 25� to 30�. They are time consuming. Like I said in an earlier post, I had them priced at $1 each last year and will increase that to $1.50 this year. Any that don't sell will be given as gifts. All of the people I have given them to have gone gaga over them. And all you have to do is add more matches when they run out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2010, 03:03 PM   #3948  
Kookie Creator

I found the cutest mini pins in a pack of 6 at the Dollar Tree today! I am making lots of post it holders so I got enough post it note pads too. I am making lots of altered composition books so I bought five of those. I also am making file folder organizers/notebooks and got 8 pens for $1 and 1.5 half legal pads for $1 (they came in three, and the organizer will hold 2 so I just use the extra ones from two packages to make a third organizer). I plan on selling them for $6. I plan on selling the post it holders for $2.50. I also made some gift card holders (Christmas themed) that I am selling for $1.25. When it gets closer to October (maybe late September) I will start with the food related items. I'll do those as late as possible. I also have some mini albums I will put up for sale, but not sure how those will sell. I will also make some notecard sets with a box to hold them and sell those for $10 and mark down if they don't sell. I will also do some jumbo clothespins and headbands. How much should I charge for the 6" jumbo pins? I was thinking $5, too much?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2010, 07:19 PM   #3949  
Kookie Creator

Hi Ladies,
Just got back from Walmart (hoooray, it's finally finished!) and the comp books are back to .75.:mad:
I did find some post it notes ( 3x3 ) 6 to a pack on clearance for $1. Time to get crackin' on those! Where did I put those mini gel pens????
They also have a lot of their wedding favors on clearance (it looks like they have new packaging and are getting rid of the old style). I got 50 clear 2" square boxes for $5. See Angie Juda's video here: http://www.chicnscratchlive.com/2010...clear-box.html
I think I'll decorate them and then sell them in packages of 10 (?) for people to fill and put together themselves. Ideas/comments on this????
My Office Max did not have the buy 2 get 1 free jr legal pads. The guy said every state is different - whatever! So I picked some up at Sam's Club which aslo had the prettiest pastel file folders, 100 for $10.47. I was hoping to find some more that were already printed with a design. but so far, no luck.
Mike's is having a Madness Sale tomorrow (Sunday) from 4pm - 8pm, 15% off of your entire purchase.
Ok, off to bed to dream up more ideas.
Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2010, 06:01 AM   #3950  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

I just finished my first one using stazon and letting it dry. Too chicken to test it yet to see if it stays on. I will take a pic and post too. Would love to see a pic of yours. How much did you charge for yours? The boards I got are usually 4.99 and come with the magnets to attach to the back. Staples had a special $1 sale Sunday and sold out right away. It was a limit 2 per person and I was able to get a couple other customers who didn't want them to buy a couple for me. Stopped by again yesterday and they still didn't have anymore. Just wondering were you found your boards and the cost?
I didn't think to take a picture of mine before I sold them unfortunately. You think by now I'd know. I picked mine up at the dollar store for $1 which was a great deal! They had magnets on the back and came with a dry erase marker. I sold them for $10 each. The dollar store is my source of pretty much all of the objects that I alter. I did think of something else as well. I have an altered mirror in my gallery. I did that with Versamark and embossing powder. I'm wondering if the same would work for the dry erase boards. I'm going to have to take a run to the dollar store again and have a look for more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2010, 08:47 AM   #3951  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by nsrussView Post
I didn't think to take a picture of mine before I sold them unfortunately. You think by now I'd know. I picked mine up at the dollar store for $1 which was a great deal! They had magnets on the back and came with a dry erase marker. I sold them for $10 each. The dollar store is my source of pretty much all of the objects that I alter. I did think of something else as well. I have an altered mirror in my gallery. I did that with Versamark and embossing powder. I'm wondering if the same would work for the dry erase boards. I'm going to have to take a run to the dollar store again and have a look for more.
Wow $10 gave you an awesome profit! I don't know if mine are fancy enough for $10. I will see if I can come up with some differant ideas to decorate the 4 I have left to do. Your mirror is beautiful!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2010, 08:50 AM   #3952  
Stampin' Fool

Some of you have said you are pricing your post it note holders with pens at $4. Are you talking about the ones on the acrylic frames or the ones made out of card stock and has the slot for the pen or do you sell them both for $4?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2010, 09:13 AM   #3953  
Crimping Master

Default "Christmas Fudge"

Hi all!
Someone had PM'ed me to ask for a pix of the Christmas Fudge that I made last year, but I deleted the post before I could reply.

So...whoever you are, hope this is what you were looking for!
craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-christmas-fudge.jpg

Have a blessed day!
Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2010, 09:13 AM   #3954  
Stampin' Fool

Am I CRAZY!! Has anyone done 2 craft shows in the same day? Two of my favorite shows that were always a week apart are on the same day this year. They are my first two shows of the season. I am going to do both with the help of a friend and my daughter. One is from 10 to 4 and the other is 9 to 3. Both set ups are the night before. They are only about 10 min from each other and only 15 min from home. Both are great well established shows that I have done for several years with equal cost and equal sales. I love my booth locations in both shows. I know the rough part is the set up and tear down( which I am extremely slow at). I will have enough stock for both. Please share your experiences if you have had or know anyone that has done two shows in one day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2010, 09:14 AM   #3955  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Some of you have said you are pricing your post it note holders with pens at $4. Are you talking about the ones on the acrylic frames or the ones made out of card stock and has the slot for the pen or do you sell them both for $4?
I sell the acrylic frames for $5.00 and the post it note holders with the pens for $4.00. Both are really good sellers for me.....

I get my acrylic frames for .89 (3x5.5) or .99 (4x6) at Christmas Tree Shop...Hope that helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2010, 04:37 PM   #3956  
Die Cut Diva

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Quote:

I too would like to know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2010, 05:07 PM   #3957  
Crimping Master

I sell mine (in bags with a topper) for 3.50 (the paper ones with the mini gel pen)
The acrylic ones I have different sizes...so price ranges from $4 for the small single one I think 3.5 x 5...up to $8.00 for the double ones. I have pics in my gallery so you get some idea.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2010, 06:05 PM   #3958  
Stampin' Fool

Beth and Craftsrlb thanks for the clarification on the post it note pricing. Craftsrlb I checked your gallary. Cute post it notes. I bought a couple acrylic frames but have not made them yet. Still working on the others and covering all the comp books. Toying with the idea of making matching post it notes for the comp book journals. I love to do matching things.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2010, 06:31 PM   #3959  
Embossing Fanatic

For the wine charms, try putting them in a shoe box and then using the heat gun on them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2010, 07:34 PM   #3960  
Matboard Maniac

Arrow Dollar General Store Enabler Alert

Dollar General Store Enabler Alert!!

Today I went to the Dollar General Store and they had some GREAT items for altering! In the two DG stores I went to, these items were located in the section with the summer stuff, but some stores may put it with the back-to-school supplies? They had all sorts of decorations for lockers - such as hooks, mirrors, large push pins, cork strips, magnetic notepads, write-on pads, mini organization baskets, etc. But the most exciting finds were the following:

* 3-pack of decorated file folders for $1 (these are not as heavy-weight as the Divoga brand at Office Max, but those are much more expensive and these are a sturdy cardstock that I think will alter well for the jr legal pad RSVP notebooks.) There were two different colors / themes available - the inside of the folders are solid colored, not patterned.

* 3-pack of mini mechanical pencils for .50!!! Colors included are blue, pink, and purple. They measure a little under 4 inches. They do not come with a pocket clip.

* 5-pack of 1 1/4 inch binder clips in pretty colors with "texting" phrases (LOL, OMG, IDK) for $1. Not that great of deal for .20 each, but could still make a nice profit using them as part of the coaster post-it note holders and they are not plain black!

** THE BEST DEAL... 6-pack of colored jumbo paper clips for $1!!! The gold jumbo paper clips are $2.29 for 5 at our Office Max, so this is a real bargain! The paper clips are coated in plastic and measure 4 inches. Colors included are orange, red, purple, yellow, green, and blue. These will be great for making the jumbo paperclip bookmarks.

Also, today at Big Lots (in the back-to-school section) I found 3 packs of the mini comp books for $1. They are the black and white marble cover and the cover is not chipboard, but is sturdy cardstock that I think will hold up well. Plus, BL had a 20% coupon good only for today so I got to use that too. I only bought 3 packs and am now kicking myself that I did not buy more, especially for .80 a pack. ACK! Might have to go back soon and spend the extra .20 for more!

Happy shopping!! :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes