Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-05-2009, 11:59 AM   #3281  
Stampin' Fool

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenndspencerView Post
Oh, honey, if those people are smart, they will buy all of your stuff on the first day. Your things are so beautiful!

You sound like me making promises that are VERY difficult to keep. Yet, somehow we do!

Ok, the news about my show today. First of all, I slept last night! I climbed into bed at 10:30. This is the first time I have gotten decent sleep the night before a show, and ya know what? The world didn't end!

This was a very small show, and not well advertised at all, but it was fun, if nothing else. I made about $35-40 in sales after a $10 table fee, but I made a great trade. The lady next to me had this beautiful swarovski crystal and sterling silver jewelry. My favorite was the chandelier earrings. I had decided to get my sis a pair for Christmas, and the lady said just to wait that she would get a few things from me and we could barter. Well, I thought she meant she was gonna get a few things and knock my price down a little, but she came over and picked $25 worth of poops, kisses, spares, pills and the like. Much of the stuff I would end up giving away at my son's school in a few weeks. I was THRILLED! In the end there was a bunch more stuff I wanted, and we got to talking that she wanted a web site, but had no idea how to do it. Long story short, I design her website, and I get $15/hr in my choice of jewelry! It was a very good day!
Way to go Jenn!! So glad you made a new "friend",too! Think of the possibilities!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 11:59 AM   #3282  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Oh, honey, if those people are smart, they will buy all of your stuff on the first day. Your things are so beautiful!

You sound like me making promises that are VERY difficult to keep. Yet, somehow we do!

Ok, the news about my show today. First of all, I slept last night! I climbed into bed at 10:30. This is the first time I have gotten decent sleep the night before a show, and ya know what? The world didn't end!

This was a very small show, and not well advertised at all, but it was fun, if nothing else. I made about $35-40 in sales after a $10 table fee, but I made a great trade. The lady next to me had this beautiful swarovski crystal and sterling silver jewelry. My favorite was the chandelier earrings. I had decided to get my sis a pair for Christmas, and the lady said just to wait that she would get a few things from me and we could barter. Well, I thought she meant she was gonna get a few things and knock my price down a little, but she came over and picked $25 worth of poops, kisses, spares, pills and the like. Much of the stuff I would end up giving away at my son's school in a few weeks. I was THRILLED! In the end there was a bunch more stuff I wanted, and we got to talking that she wanted a web site, but had no idea how to do it. Long story short, I design her website, and I get $15/hr in my choice of jewelry! It was a very good day!
Jenn,

That's awesome, I love trading things!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 12:24 PM   #3283  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by row4dView Post
I have so many unfinished items that I wanted to put out at tomorrow's show, but am feeling totally burned out after six weeks of preparing and have no motivation to work on any of them. I really have so little to sell... :(
I hear you too! I have so much stuff left over from my first craft fair and have had very little motovation to make any more things for my fair on Dec. 12th.

Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 12:26 PM   #3284  
Insane Embellisher

Wohoooo Jenn- so glad that you were able to barter/trade and also make some $ designing her website! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 02:36 PM   #3285  
Insane Embellisher

Jenn, that's awesome!
Well, our show today wasn't that great. We didn't have a good spot so that impeded sales tremendously. We ended up selling about $200.00 worth of stuff in 8 hours. The table fee was $70.00. We did like three BIG sales. We got A TON of "ohhh, cute", "that's cute", "so cute" but all those people who said "cute" didn't buy one thing!
$200.00 isn't horrible....but not like the $850 we did two weekends ago. BUT...that's the craft business I think.
Now some family members will get a few "crafty" items for christmas. Especially the items that will go stale! ha ha!
Hope everyone elses sales went better!
Oh PS: Only THREE of the 40 lollipop candles sold!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 03:38 PM   #3286  
Insane Embellisher

Here are some fridge magnets I made up quickly using scraps of patterned paper and my new Unity Quote stamps. Some of them I completely covered in Versamark and then embossed with clear powder to make them thicker/stiffer and then they won't get ruined if they get wet either. I made 15-20 of these for my first show using other sentiment/quote stamps and sold almost all of them, so I figured I'd make some more. I got a roll of the sticky back magnetic tape at Walmart. Quick and easy, I sold them for $1.00 at my previous show but those ones were much smaller, so I'm thinking maybe $1.50 for these! :mrgreen:
Attached Thumbnails
craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-magnets.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 04:26 PM   #3287  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Jenn, Thanks for the kind words.

What fun to barter, and for jewelry no less. You will be Cinderella at the ball in all your new splendor!

My sale today was a real bummer...Who knows why, but hardly anyone showed up. It was a long running fair that has always had good attendance, but today was just a ghost town. No one could figure it out. There was no big OU-Sooner football game, the weather was a little chilly, but not bad.

The poor lady that has been in charge of it for years felt so bad for all the crafters. She even called all of us to the front table and decided to have a special raffle just for vendors. She gave everyone a free ticket, and the winner got their booth fee refunded for the day. I thought that was a very nice gesture which she certainly didn't have to do.

She said she had done everything to promote it as she has in years past. Newspaper ads, signs and radio announcements. But evidently no one was listening.

I think depending on the area, people are just really watching their spending. They are not buying "non-essentials" like craft fair stuff. And I guess they are not attending so they won't be tempted.

I sold enough to make my booth fee and about $15 which is better than losing money, but not much. A gal next to me who sold jewelry said it was her worst fair in about 5 years, so economics definitely plays a part here.

Onward to another show tomorrow. Left my car packed with everything ready to go and don't have to restock anything, lol.:mrgreen:

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 05:41 PM   #3288  
Die Cut Diva

Good Luck~ I hope you all have great sales tomorrow. You gals have given me some motivation to try and sell some of my cards as well. I also make magnets, with the UTEE to make the colored images shiney... and stiffer. Then I use rubber cement to glue on a clothespin and magnets. I will try and get some photos. I sold my christmas cards 3.00 each or 2 for 5 and magnets the same. I made 32.00.... woo hoo on my lunch break.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 06:00 PM   #3289  
Mad Swapper

Today went well. I sold $234 in crafts (I do a tax to the facility and it was a $60 booth fee). I also have $32.50 in orders I am doing up by lunch tomorrow. I also sold 14 stamp sets for $100. So even after my table fee and tax I made around $300. Pretty good and I have 5 hours tomorrow.

I sold out of Grinch Pills and Reindeer noses in 1-1/2 hours. I sold out of Snowman soup and Reindeer Poop by the end of the 4th hour. It was 8 hours today. Wrapped Popcorn with a cute saying were popular. The little note pad holders have been a bust so far. I am lowering the price by 50cents for tomorrow to see if I can sell them. My magnet clothespins and mini magnet tiles didn't do well, but I think the packaging and placement of those were the problem. Sold about a dozen cards for $2 each.

I will post the pictures I took another time. I wish everyone luck tomorrow.
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 06:02 PM   #3290  
Mad Swapper

Bugga, Sorry to here it didn't go so well up in your part of the state. I hope tomorrow goes better.

Was your place freezing today? I was near the refreshment stand. They kept opening the back door to go out to the grill and MAN WAS IT COLDDDDDD! The vendors complained so much they made a big PA announcement to "Suck it up"
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 07:32 PM   #3291  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Post-It books

Quote:

Originally Posted by doggonecraftsView Post
Hey all - I just posted on my blog the lollipop candles that (I think) were linked from this thread or the other craft fair one. Its from Dawn's video. I dont have time this morning to upload to SCS.
Hi Maria-
I was looking at your post-it note holders. They are cute!
I made some of these but couldn't seem to get the front page to stop popping up... did you have any problems with that?
I created a magnetic closure instead which works well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 10:38 PM   #3292  
Matboard Maniac

I just got back from my very 1st craft fair. I made over $300.00!! woo hoo - I was so scared that I wouldn't sell anything. My cards and any size altered notebooks went fast. People were asking me if this all I have after a while. Had a great time. My son and I did the sale together. With his new family (My grandson JUST turned 2 on Thanksgiving) we don't spend as much time together as we used too, so this was really special to me.( and I think to him also). We are already planning for more shows together for next year. I hope everyone sold alot or else had a good time, but better yet both!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 04:27 AM   #3293  
Die Cut Diva

Pipergirl, I love your magnets. What did you use for the magnetic backing? Did you use the thin magnetic backing that people use for business cards?

If I were at a show, I'd buy them for sure. they are inexpensive and my girlfriends would love them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 04:38 AM   #3294  
Crimping Master

Morning all!

Got to head out for another show this afternoon - Santa's Workshop type thing at a local Nursery. Hope to get rid of the things that did not sell yesterday! Goal is to not have to cart any of this stuff home!

Anyhoo - yesterdays sale was....weeeeellllll....just "ok". No profits of $500 like last time, but all in all not a waste of my time. Walked away with about $300.00 in profit. I did better than a lot of others there....but there was no one else doing papercrafts either. Traffic seemed to be down from last year, but there were over 12 different craft shows going on around us, so not too surprised on the attendance! My area must have the most craft shows per square mile in the US! :rolleyes:

Big sellers:
  • Jr. Legal Pad Notebooks
  • Snowman Poop - gone in 2 hours (have more made for 2day)
  • Reindeer Poop
  • Post It Note Holders - with BIA
  • M&M Christmas Story treats - show at a local church
  • Hershey Nugget Tins
  • Desk Calendar with Binder Clips
  • Post It Note Desk Sets w/ Beaded Pens - have 15 but one lady bought them all for co-worker gifts (sold them for $6.00)
  • Peppermint Patties in Pretzel Bags
  • "Sour Cream" containers with kisses inside
  • Gift Card Holders - Top Note style
  • Christmas Test Tubes
Could not GIVE away the snowman soup this year...last year big seller. Maybe today...I am tired of carting that stuff around!

Best of luck to anyone with shows today! May it be profitable, but most of all may you have fun! This is supposed to be fun - right??? ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 05:09 AM   #3295  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudywView Post
Pipergirl, I love your magnets. What did you use for the magnetic backing? Did you use the thin magnetic backing that people use for business cards?

If I were at a show, I'd buy them for sure. they are inexpensive and my girlfriends would love them.
I bought a roll of magnetic sticky back tape at Walmart (in the kids crafting stuff of all places) for just over $4.00. I think it was 10 feet long by 1" wide, so I put 2 strips along the back of the cardstock (you can easily cut it with scissors). Some of the paper I used was very thin so I cut out the same shape of chipboard and glued them together so they would be thick and not flimsy, plus the stiffness of the magnet itself helps too. My hubby brought home about 20 of the precut business size card mangets a month or so ago but I used them all up on the first round. Any kind of thin magnetic sheet that has the sticky stuff already on it will work. :mrgreen:

I'm hoping people will buy them, otherwise all my friends & family will be getting one in their Christmas cards!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 06:33 AM   #3296  
Matboard Maniac

hi everyone - had a big show yesterday in NH at the crowne royal hotel - well advertised, lots of road signs (which helped me) and well established...but not much attendance - it has to be the sign of the times - made about 120.00, not nearly as much as I had expected, but much better than my neighbors - the girls next to us had one sale!! - if it wasn't for the poop, post-its and ornaments, I would have sat there bored out of my brain - again, lots of 'how cute', but few sales - I think I would do this show again when the economy picks up just because it is such a nice show - well, 2 more shows...one on the 12th and a show at the hospital where I work (always the best, my co-workers wait for sarah and I to do our table) - GOOD LUCK to all who have shows today - carole
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 07:07 AM   #3297  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey all...

TOTAL bust yesterday -- sold nothing stamped, and only by approaching everyone who passed by with a dog was I able to sell two of the packages of decorated doggie treats. My sister sold two of her art prints at $12 each, with one of those sales being to the event organizer as he walked by while we were packing up. She was originally giving it to him (trying to network and get some interest drummed up from folks who might contact her later for a commissioned piece), but he offered to pay her for it.

It was fah-frickin-FREEZING out there, with a high of about 49 coupled with winds that had us finally tying our display pieces down to the table with some lightweight rope my sister happened to still have in her car from transporting a mattress. The small crowds that did show up stayed mainly over by the stage, as they were there to see their kids perform in the various live entertainment shows that were going on all day. Frustrated vendors were packing up starting around 1:30 for an event that was scheduled from 10 am to 6 pm, and my sister and I threw in the towel just before 3:00. She has RA and doesn't do well in the cold (had on all kinds of layers plus a hat, gloves and a blanket), and even my perfectly healthy knees were starting to ache by 2:30 or so.

I was actually right across the way from another papercrafter who had several of the same items I did. I didn't recognize any of the stamp images or paper patterns, though, so she didn't appear to be a fellow demo. She came over at one point while I was away from the table and expressed interest in buying some of my retired stamp sets, but I'm guessing that was contingent on her making some $$ because she never came back over.

At least I have plenty of Christmas cards to take over to the boutique and freshen up my inventory there!

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 09:46 AM   #3298  
Insane Embellisher

Wow - seems like sales were up and down for everyone yesterday! Yikes. Congrats to those who did well !!!
Yes, snowman soup is a big downer. We sold ONE family pack yesterday - but we had dropped our price from $10 to $8.00 to try and move them, but only one went.

Diane - I think I just really score my post it notes well, so the top doesn't pop up - but the closure sounds great.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 10:03 AM   #3299  
Pearl-ExPert

Had my one and only craft show yesterday. Outdoor show and it was a bit cold for Phoenix...this was also the first year for this show. So I don't think I did to badly.
Sold $168 minus the $25 booth fee. I was actually one of the busier vendors.
My best seller was the Ghiradelli (i know that's spelled wrong) Square holders...believe I found the tutorial here on SCS. I have an order for more.
Sold a little bit of this and that. Did not sell any gift card holders or the popcorn buckets w/gift card holders.
I made up five Cocoa/Tea cups with some gingerbread biscotti...sold all with a possible order. Will have to post a pic of those later. Came out very cute!
My dear daughter (bless her) took a large basket of items to work with her this morning...(she's a 911 op for the county)...and so far she has sold $50.

So I don't think I did bad at all. Wish I could find one more show for next Saturday to get rid of what I have left. *grin*

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 10:14 AM   #3300  
Rubber Obsessor

Hello everyone, Like many of you Im exhausted staying up late at night trying to get the last few items ready for the craft fair. I made $75 profit. Very disappointing. I have my last craft fair next weekend. Putting finishing touches on the last items. Reindeer poop sold but very few of snowman kisses and elf pillows. So . . . Im going to make new labels for them and change them to snowman and elf poops. The poops get a bigger chuckle maybe they'll sell better. There was a lot of traffic but not many interested in my paper crafts. Im going to put out coffee mugs, painted tin stars, and other small misc items and hopefully they'll sell. I don't know if I should put out my popcorn containers with candy and popcorn since Walmart sells bigger ones for $9.00..
Good luck everyone. Thanks, Maria
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 10:16 AM   #3301  
Rubber Obsessor

Hello Nancy, Im curious to see your coffee & mugs with gingerbread biscotti. Did you bake them yourself? Thanks, Maria
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 11:02 AM   #3302  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Last fair over and done....

Hi all!! I wanted to post my earnings from my last sale yesterday....

I made about $92 minus the $25 table fee....I was happy that I sold anything...It was smaller than last year and like everyone has said, people were just looking and not buying. I did almost sell out of my grinch pills and the m&m Christmas story treats. I only have a few of those left. I will give them out to my daughter's friends and teachers, just to get rid of them.

I was actually one of the busier booths too. At one time, I think I counted like 7 or 8 people in my booth..so I thought that was good. I was so tired and hurting yesterday. I have arthritis in my back and knees and was just hurting so....but I perservered and made it through.... I will upload pics tomorrow when I can....

Leslie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 11:46 AM   #3303  
Stampin' Fool

My last show was yesterday. I had the same 2 goals as my first two shows. To break 200. in sales and sell coaster tiles. This is the smallest show I do each year, but I love this show and the other vendors and all the people that attend this church one. Just a very nice atmosphere and I have alot of fun. Only costs 25. and is right around the corner from home. Well I did have alot of fun, but I didn't break 200. ,but I did sell another set of coaster tiles. At all 3 shows that I sold the coaster tiles, the ladies buying them said they were going to use them for themselves except for 2 were giving them as gifts. A couple of the ones that bought for themselves even paid the $5 more for the gift basket, as I sell them for 4 for 15 without the basket and 20. with the gift basket. It really made me feel good knowing they were buying for self use and they really liked them. This year there were 2 other paper crafters besides me. One was at the show last year and a SU demo was the new vender this year. Both do beautiful work. All of our items and styles were differant and my sales were only 11.50 less than last year. The SU demo invited my daughter and I to her monthly card club class and it is not to far from me. I am going to try to start attending this spring. The other vendor already attends her classes. So it will be fun having two fellow crafters to stamp with.
Best sellers as far as money makers for all 3 shows combined were :
1. Jewelry (assorted stretchy bracelets in the $12 to $16 range)
2. Coaster Tiles
3. Misc. paper craft projects sticky notes, bookmarks etc
4. Assorted $1 & $2 candy bags, Christmas fudge,snowman soup and Santa soup etc
5. Stamped votive candle holders
6. Photography card
7. Assorted stamped cards
I did take some pics of the booth, but don't have them in my gallery yet. Only got 4 hrs of sleep the night before last and paying the price for that today. Was going to check out a show today but it doesn't look like I am going to get that motivated today. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 12:09 PM   #3304  
Stampin' Fool

Leslie I am so sorry you were hurting so bad yesterday. I know our weather in the 20's didn't help. My daughter and son-n-law have been wonderful at meeting me at my shows and helping with the heavy lifting as my back isn't the greatest either. I was so thankful for their help as when I have to do it alone I ache more too. My daughter even stayed at all 3 shows to help me. It really meant alot to me. Hope you are feeling better today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 01:49 PM   #3305  
Compulsive Stamper

Howdy all,

I'm a bit of a lurker, and after reading through all of your posts about freezing your butts off, I have to laugh, because I did my last( and best) show yesterday, and we were sweating, worrying that the humidity was going to ruin everything!! We're in south florida and it was warm and rainy yesterday. We had a great spot, right by the door, but they kept the door open, so after a while some of the stuff started 'wilting' a little. Tombow adhesive DOES NOT like humidity.
Anyway, we did about 300.00 in sales with a 60.00 booth fee, so I was happy. Sold a little bit of everything, not lots of any one thing.
Wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone for all the great ideas, your willingness to share and help along the way. I'm DONE for the season, SAD, but glad too. I have lots of Christmas cookies to bake now, and it's probably going to take me till next october to clean up my crap, oops, craft room.
good luck to everyone who still has shows!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 03:38 PM   #3306  
Mad Swapper

Today was a total bust. Yesterdays traffic was wonderful. Lots of buyers. Today not much traffic at all and they were "lookers" who were "runners" if you even looked their way, much less said hi to them. I only made $60 today. The other vendors had the same problem as me. Good thing yesterday did so well. A few people packed up a few hours early.
Top it off and the heat was broken in the building.
I met some wonderful people around me and have a lot of interest in classes and a potential downline. I gave my vendor neighbors a nugget box at the end of the day. One lady gave me a clay pot she had decorated as a gift basket and another gave me a cool military print to frame.
I need to make dinner for the fam now, but will try to post pictures later.
Sorry to hear of those with bad days.
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 06:20 PM   #3307  
Inking Addict

Default Candle Lollipops

Here is a picture of my version of Maria's candle lollipops. I only have time to make 10 before my craft fair yesterday but I sold 4 out of the 10 for $3 or 2 for $5. Thanks for the inspiration Maria!!

My big sellers were altered altoid tins ($3 or 4 for 10), Elf Poop for $1 and paperclip bookmarks for $1. I made $163 which I was happy with considering it was a very slow show and alot of vendors packed up 1/2 way through and left because they weren't selling anything. Anyways I have my last two this up coming weekend.

-Candace
www.scrapadoodledee.blogspot.com
Attached Thumbnails
craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-002.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 06:34 PM   #3308  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by doggonecraftsView Post
Wow - seems like sales were up and down for everyone yesterday! Yikes. Congrats to those who did well !!!
Yes, snowman soup is a big downer. We sold ONE family pack yesterday - but we had dropped our price from $10 to $8.00 to try and move them, but only one went.

Diane - I think I just really score my post it notes well, so the top doesn't pop up - but the closure sounds great.
Another tip on the post it notes, Diane. The covers on mine were not staying down flat either. I finally adjusted my measurement for the spine a little to make it wider. That seems to be what makes the cover flip open.

Sometimes the post it notes can vary in how thick they are depending on the brand you use.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 10:57 PM   #3309  
Stampin' Fool

Check out these cute boxes. There is a template offered as a freebie also.

http://clairedaly.typepad.com/sister...e-for-you
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2009, 11:13 PM   #3310  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
Another tip on the post it notes, Diane. The covers on mine were not staying down flat either. I finally adjusted my measurement for the spine a little to make it wider. That seems to be what makes the cover flip open.

Sometimes the post it notes can vary in how thick they are depending on the brand you use.
Thanks for the tips for the covers. I looked at my post-it packaging and it's true.. the Staples brand ones I bought have 75 instead of 100 and they always seem to lay flatter.

People really seem to like the magnetic closure though... so much that they are asking me to come up with a laminated version. Haven't figured that out yet.
If I can figure out how to reduce my resolution size on images, I will post a pic. I am still in the learning stages for the computer web uploading!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2009, 03:06 AM   #3311  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaitysmomView Post
Morning all!

Got to head out for another show this afternoon - Santa's Workshop type thing at a local Nursery. Hope to get rid of the things that did not sell yesterday! Goal is to not have to cart any of this stuff home!
Well....let's just "be nice" and chalk this one up to a learning experience! I sold a total of $64.00! The teacher in me should have known better when I pulled in and the signs were misspelled! :rolleyes: Oh well...met a nice group of suckers...I mean crafters...like me! Good thing there wasn't a table fee! We all packed up early and went across the street to a little pub for a couple of hours! ;)

I have some left overs that will go in neighbors treat bags and then I will be done! Now on to BAKING! I have to make about 15 batches of Caramel Corn for my DD's teachers and coaches this year.....no wonder I hate popcorn by the time the holiday's are over!

You all have been so awesome to share your ideas, successes and failures......I have learned so much from everyone! I'll meet you here next year - same place/same time!

Have a blessed Holiday
Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2009, 05:40 AM   #3312  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by DianeCraftView Post
Check out these cute boxes. There is a template offered as a freebie also.

http://clairedaly.typepad.com/sister...e-for-you.html
Those are very cute boxes- thanks for sharing!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2009, 04:29 AM   #3313  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Congrats ladies,you all did well,read a bunch as I have been off. My total for 3 differant sales,4 days in all was $625,last sale 2 days and won't do again,too slow,2 days. Prefer 1 day sales things move faster. Have sorted threw "leftovers and am donating my projects that are a few years old and all the calendars that didn't sell, had left over dog/cat treats that I'm going to check with the humane society to see if they will take. Then I'm done for another year,will be on the watch for new ideas!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2009, 04:43 AM   #3314  
Die Cut Diva

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts
Default ?? What do you do with unsold merchandise

:? Thanks barbiejo for getting me thinking about what I can do with my unsold merchandise. I was wondering if others would share what they do with left over holiday merchandise...
~Louise
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2009, 04:57 AM   #3315  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by pantelacView Post
Howdy all,

I'm a bit of a lurker, and after reading through all of your posts about freezing your butts off, I have to laugh, because I did my last( and best) show yesterday, and we were sweating, worrying that the humidity was going to ruin everything!! We're in south florida and it was warm and rainy yesterday. We had a great spot, right by the door, but they kept the door open, so after a while some of the stuff started 'wilting' a little. Tombow adhesive DOES NOT like humidity.
Anyway, we did about 300.00 in sales with a 60.00 booth fee, so I was happy. Sold a little bit of everything, not lots of any one thing.
Wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone for all the great ideas, your willingness to share and help along the way. I'm DONE for the season, SAD, but glad too. I have lots of Christmas cookies to bake now, and it's probably going to take me till next october to clean up my crap, oops, craft room.
good luck to everyone who still has shows!!!

Yes, I am kinda a lurker too.... just love reading all these ideas... I do want to get into a spring sale or something next fall...

I do have a couple questions for those who make the fridge magnets with the strong circle magnets on the clothespin..... what is the best glue to use for that?

Also on the beaded pens~ I am having troubles with my beads staying on? would that be humidity? has anyone ever sprayed them after beading them with a sealer of some sort? I made some pens that worked perfect... and then I had a batch and all the beads fell off? I wonder if it is my red line tape that I used? Any help? You girls are the greatest!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2009, 05:04 AM   #3316  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by PipergirlView Post
Those are very cute boxes- thanks for sharing!!
I just found these too....yes, thank you so much for sharing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2009, 05:10 AM   #3317  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldumont999View Post
:? Thanks barbiejo for getting me thinking about what I can do with my unsold merchandise. I was wondering if others would share what they do with left over holiday merchandise...
~Louise
I havent done a show, but I will let you know that I work in a Nursing home in Activities... and little treats or small calendars, bookmarks, cards.... are always welcome as a donation. We are always looking for Bingo prizes for our residents and Christmas gifts to give them too. We appreciate all those who donate to the Residents. I know there are residents that don't have any family or friends who come to visit. Little treats make them happy. The best gift is seeing them smile.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2009, 05:49 AM   #3318  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by anitawill1View Post
I just got back from my very 1st craft fair. I made over $300.00!! woo hoo - I was so scared that I wouldn't sell anything. My cards and any size altered notebooks went fast. People were asking me if this all I have after a while. Had a great time. My son and I did the sale together. With his new family (My grandson JUST turned 2 on Thanksgiving) we don't spend as much time together as we used too, so this was really special to me.( and I think to him also). We are already planning for more shows together for next year. I hope everyone sold alot or else had a good time, but better yet both!

Hooray for you, Anita! I've been waiting to hear how it went for you. I'm so glad everyone appreciated and purchased all the lovely things you made. I was following and watching each thing you posted and everything you made was so nice.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2009, 02:33 PM   #3319  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Tammy,I usually do my pens in the summer and leave the container sit on my back porch,it's really hot out there. But in years I havent I heat them after they have been rolled in beads with my heat gun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2009, 05:27 PM   #3320  
Compulsive Stamper

Hi everyone! Haven't been on this board much lately - been so very busy! I have a show to do this Saturday, it's at a $1M canine facility, it's a huge 8-hour catered event, and since I sell almost all dog products, I'm very excited about it!

I have been having a lot of back problems and it's getting worse, so I'm not looking forward to carrying in & out a car full of inventory though. Might be my last one for a while until I get better or can find someone to help.

Question - when you know it's going to be your last show for a while, do you clearance everything at your last show? Well, at least the perishables? I have some Christmas home made chocolates that I made for my last show and I'm thinking of marking them way down to get rid of them. Also the Soups & Poops - can't keep them until next year, so I should mark them down, right?

Thanks again for all the advice you all have to offer! I learn so much here!
Reply With Quote Likes