Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-22-2009, 04:37 PM   #3121  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraftyValerieView Post
Wow Carole, I'd be doing a happy dance with that too! How nice to have someone there to help load & unload - that was the worst part for me yesterday. I'm hurting so much today it hurts to move! I'm aching in places I didn't know could ache :mrgreen: Although if I brought home $300 I think that would have taken a little of the pain away, lol.

I've been looking all over for those clipboards and can't find the ones that have the clip part that screws off. All the ones I have found the clips can't come off, so I haven't been able to try doing the clipboards. Glad they worked out so well for you though! Can't wait to see the pics!
hi valerie - my clipboards have clips that don't come off (just bought some more today on my way home from work) - I just made a cardboard template so the paper fits around the clip - they're at walmart for 99 cents apiece - just use the template to trace on the back of the DP and cut out
hope this helps...any other ?'s, just pm me
carole
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2009, 05:04 PM   #3122  
Stazon Splitcoast

Any of you Texas gals happen to be in the DFW area? I'm doing my first craft show outside of southeast Virginia in a couple of weeks, and I have no idea what the demographics are like here for pricing. Advice? It's going to be an outdoor show, and it's the first year for this venue which makes me a bit nervous because I didn't know that when I first registered -- normally I prefer established shows, because my luck at fledgling ones has been less than exciting.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2009, 06:57 PM   #3123  
Rubber Obsessor

Well, today was not better at all. I only made $17.00 and again, sold more bookmarks! People really like them. I did, however, make several contacts that will hopefully pan out. One lady, another vendor, wants me to tie-dye for her boutique and gave me a pre-order! That was awesome. And another said that she wants to buy my Thomas the Train invitation and thank you set for $20.00. We'll see how that works. Anyways, all of the other vendors were so nice and great. They gave me lots of tips and I made a lot of contacts for other shows. So, if nothing else, I did some social networking. Anyways, onward and upward I say!:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2009, 06:21 AM   #3124  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

I bought Milkbones (3 different sizes) and just decorated them with white chocolate. My time was very limited so I needed something easy and quick!
This is what I did: http://deariedesigns.blogspot.com/20...og-treats.html

I generally have been selling 30-40 at each show, though the last 2 did not have those results. [sold 2 at one and about 8 at the other]. I charge $1 and they [normally] fly!
The biggest markets [in all sales, not just craft shows] are baby items & pet items so I defintely recommend having some of each. Especially if you do retirement areas, the pet stuff should sell very well!
Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2009, 06:27 AM   #3125  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
Michelle,

If I didn't know better, I'd say you and I were at the same craft fair! I did a little bit better than you - but not much.
HAHA Michelle and I WERE at the same craft fair and had very similar results! :rolleyes: I made $4 after the table fee of $15..so technically sold $19.

There was just not much traffic and those that were there, seem to be only residents of the retirement mobile home village it was held at and visited mainly their friends' booths that also lived there. :(

This was the second time I have done this show and I will not be doing it again. Last year was a bit better, if I recall, but not by much.

I felt bad because I had got my mom a booth as well to sell her 18 inch doll clothes [for American Girl dolls] and she sold nothing. So she was down even more than I..
I would say a waste of a day, but I always take things to work on in case it gets slow. Plus I got to talk more to Michelle and hang out with my mom all day, which I know she liked, as well. Not a total wash, right?! ;)

I have 3 more definite dates.. so onward & upward!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2009, 07:09 AM   #3126  
Stampin' Fool

Amy, I'm not sure how I made it this long without visiting your blog, but I love it! Your little guy is adorable. I love your dog treats. I give you a lot of credit for doing all of this while you have a little guy and a precious girl on the way. WTG! It makes me so proud to see mommies who don't treat pregnancy like an illness. I am so glad your pre-eclempsia scare was just a scare. Good wishes to you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2009, 09:45 AM   #3127  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scamper64View Post
How many of you blog hop, find something you like, and then forget to favorite it and spend WAY too much time trying to find it??? Argh! I'm SO guilty of that.

I saw this cute snowman wrapper for a small Hershey bar and now I can't find it! It had a cute little hat cut with a square punch and the word window punch for the brim. I remember it was a video tutorial. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? And, if you do, can you point me in the right direction? I bought the Hershey bars and I'd really HATE to have to eat them! LOL

Thanks in advance!
Kim,

Is it this post? http://dawnsstampingthoughts.typepad...-wrapper-.html

Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2009, 11:37 AM   #3128  
Crimping Master

Default Christmas Test Tubes

Hi ladies....been busy replenishing everything from my last show....but that's a good thing right?

This is what I am working on right now....other than the same old stuff as before. Can you tell that I am getting a little tired of clothespins, post it notes and snowman poop?

I made these for Halloween and they sold extremely well. Also making some in blue/white with snowflakes! If you want some of the details....they are on my blog...link below.

Thanks for looking -
Beth

craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-test-tubes-4.jpg

craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-test-tubes-5.jpg
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2009, 11:40 AM   #3129  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaitysmomView Post
Hi ladies....been busy replenishing everything from my last show....but that's a good thing right?

This is what I am working on right now....other than the same old stuff as before. Can you tell that I am getting a little tired of clothespins, post it notes and snowman poop?

I made these for Halloween and they sold extremely well. Also making some in blue/white with snowflakes! If you want some of the details....they are on my blog...link below.

Thanks for looking -
Beth

Attachment 168808

Attachment 168810
Beth, those are just adorable. I'll bet they fly right off your table at the show!

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2009, 11:42 AM   #3130  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Thanks for looking -
Beth

Attachment 168808

Attachment 168810
I love them! What kind of candy is that in them? And what do you sell them for? Do you get those tubes at Oriental Trading? Sorry for all the questions!:-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2009, 11:45 AM   #3131  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmyDearieView Post
This is what I did: http://deariedesigns.blogspot.com/20...og-treats.html

I generally have been selling 30-40 at each show, though the last 2 did not have those results. [sold 2 at one and about 8 at the other]. I charge $1 and they [normally] fly!
The biggest markets [in all sales, not just craft shows] are baby items & pet items so I defintely recommend having some of each. Especially if you do retirement areas, the pet stuff should sell very well!
Good luck!
Amy, those little dog bone packets are very cute! I was selling mine individually, or in gift boxes. Most people liked picking out their own though. I had little paper bags next to them and it saved me a lot of time.

A lot of people asked about cat stuff and I didn't have much at all - I'm not a cat person so I don't know what else I could do for cats? Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2009, 11:47 AM   #3132  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by dancinczView Post
hi valerie - my clipboards have clips that don't come off (just bought some more today on my way home from work) - I just made a cardboard template so the paper fits around the clip - they're at walmart for 99 cents apiece - just use the template to trace on the back of the DP and cut out
hope this helps...any other ?'s, just pm me
carole
Thanks for the info! I'm a little afraid to try that only because I can't draw a straight line to save my life But I may have to try it! I really love the clipboards you guys show on here! The only video I saw on how to make them said to unscrew the clips so that's what I've been looking for. I may have to break down and try the other ones though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2009, 02:43 PM   #3133  
Crimping Master

Quote:

I love them! What kind of candy is that in them? And what do you sell them for? Do you get those tubes at Oriental Trading? Sorry for all the questions!:-D
  • The candy is called Sixlets - kind of like a tiny Whopper.
  • I sell them for $3.00 or 2/$5.00.
  • And I get the test tubes at a local candy store outlet. They normally have some really nasty hot chocolate in them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2009, 03:03 PM   #3134  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

• The candy is called Sixlets - kind of like a tiny Whopper.
  • I sell them for $3.00 or 2/$5.00.
  • And I get the test tubes at a local candy store outlet. They normally have some really nasty hot chocolate in them!
Thanks so much for the info!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2009, 03:45 PM   #3135  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Thanks for looking -
Beth

Attachment 168808

Attachment 168810
Beth-Love the blog!!! You have some very cute stuff. I have a silly question about your test tubes. I see that you hung the scallop circle to the bow. It appears that the scallop has holes in it. Am I correct? If so, how did you do that? Also, what did you use to hang the tag? It looks thicker than thread. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2009, 05:10 PM   #3136  
Polyshrink Goddess

Yes, that's the one! Thank you so much!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonicaRView Post
Kim,

Is it this post? http://dawnsstampingthoughts.typepad...-wrapper-.html

Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2009, 05:23 PM   #3137  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluesladyView Post
Beth-Love the blog!!! You have some very cute stuff. I have a silly question about your test tubes. I see that you hung the scallop circle to the bow. It appears that the scallop has holes in it. Am I correct? If so, how did you do that? Also, what did you use to hang the tag? It looks thicker than thread. Thanks in advance.
The scallop circle only has one hole in it where the thread goes through...the others are just dots of white gel ink. The "thread" is actually cord that you would use for gift tags. I got it at Mike's in the ribbon section. It is a little thicker than the average cord.

HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2009, 07:04 PM   #3138  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

The scallop circle only has one hole in it where the thread goes through...the others are just dots of white gel ink. The "thread" is actually cord that you would use for gift tags. I got it at Mike's in the ribbon section. It is a little thicker than the average cord.

HTH!
About cord and strings for tags and such, I discovered that regular crochet thread is a nice size to use. You know the kind that comes on spools that little old grandmas (like me) use to crochet lacy doilies with, lol. It is inexpensive and comes in lots of colors if you want. I've just been using a neutral beige for all my tags.

Actually, I DON'T crochet doilies, but I have been known to crochet lacy edgings around facecloths.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2009, 08:28 PM   #3139  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

HTH!
Thnaks! Sorry to ask but I am still learning! I appreciate your help!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2009, 06:59 AM   #3140  
Stampin' Fool

Ladies, I am so excited, My sis just said she is gonna be in town for my show this weekend! She is going to come and help me! Usually it is dh and I, but it is gonna be so fun to do it with my little sis. I am adding the dog treats to my sale this weekend, and I thought I had more stuff to make, but i can't find the paper I wrote it on, and I can't remember anything without a list.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2009, 07:02 AM   #3141  
Matboard Maniac

Talking My Elf Pillows Poem

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbgirlView Post
I cannot for the life of me remember where it was on here I saw a cute little poem about the elf pillows....does anyone know of a cute one??

Thanks!!
This is a poem I wrote about Elf Pillows. Enjoy!

Santa�s elves are nodding
It�s time for them to rest.
They�ve worked so hard for far too long-
They always do their best.
Santa says, �You�re clever chaps,
But now you elves must have your naps!
Please take these pillows to your beds,
It�s time to rest your weary heads�.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2009, 07:12 AM   #3142  
Matboard Maniac

I read recently that the snowman soup hasn't been a popular choice among buyers this year. Maybe it will sell soon but if not, may I suggest that you use some of your cups for the "Chocolate cake in a cup" idea. It makes a great gift for teachers, friends, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2009, 07:28 AM   #3143  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Thanks for looking -
Beth

Attachment 168808

Attachment 168810
Here are the test tubes in Blue:
craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-test-tubes-7.jpg

craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-test-tubes-8.jpg
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2009, 07:29 AM   #3144  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluesladyView Post
Thnaks! Sorry to ask but I am still learning! I appreciate your help!
No worries! We have all been there.....
Let me know if you need anything else! ;)

Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2009, 07:30 AM   #3145  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by purplepatchView Post
I read recently that the snowman soup hasn't been a popular choice among buyers this year. Maybe it will sell soon but if not, may I suggest that you use some of your cups for the "Chocolate cake in a cup" idea. It makes a great gift for teachers, friends, etc.
OK...now you got me....Anything with chocolate will get my interest! Wanna share?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2009, 07:50 AM   #3146  
Matboard Maniac

I haven't had any fairs this year so I have nothing to show or report on as yet, sorry, but I do love to see all your terrific ideas and beautiful work. You are all so talented!!!

One idea I would like to offer which may help you and sell is Party Table Settings. For children, this could have a theme such as perrenial favourites like Fairies or Pirates but at this time of year both Christmas and New Year settings could prove popular.

I would suggest that one set be based on the theme and could include as many of these items as you think necessary:
2X placemats (possibly laminated)
2x napkin rings
2X place cards
2X party favours' boxes or bags (e.g. snowman poop could be used here)
2X small prizes ( e.g. note pads, paper clips, magnets, wands, etc)
2X thank you cards/tags

If you had a setting on display, you could take orders and only make up as many as you needed to.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2009, 08:00 AM   #3147  
Matboard Maniac

Talking Chocolate cake in a cup

Quote:

OK...now you got me....Anything with chocolate will get my interest! Wanna share?
I received this idea in an email ages ago and will try and locate it ASAP. But for now, here is a link to a website that has similar instructions, and makes up 8 cups, but I haven't tried this one. :mrgreen:

http://familyfun.go.com/christmas/ch...-cakes-661762/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2009, 08:02 AM   #3148  
Kookie Creator

hi everyone - just wanted to post a quick note & say that I have a full update on my most recent fair (including lots of pics) and info on best sellers in my blog posting here:

http://crafts.peteandkerry.com/?p=946

if you go back to October, there are more photos from that fair too.

hope that helps some of you, thanks for all the tips & inspiration I get from this thread, you guys are all great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2009, 08:18 AM   #3149  
Matboard Maniac

Smile

Quote:

Here are the test tubes in Blue:
Attachment 168871

Attachment 168872
I love the idea of using test tubes and these look great!!

It's got me thinking....
If you turned the tube upside down, and put say a scallop circle with a few paper holly leaves and berries on it as the base, and added a twist of cellophane (as a flame) on the top it could look like a Christmas candle. Add a little ribbon and it could sit on a table or hang on a Christmas tree.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2009, 08:32 AM   #3150  
Matboard Maniac

Talking

Quote:

Originally Posted by purplepatchView Post
I received this idea in an email ages ago and will try and locate it ASAP. But for now, here is a link to a website that has similar instructions, and makes up 8 cups, but I haven't tried this one. :mrgreen:

http://familyfun.go.com/christmas/ch...-cakes-661762/
Here's the email instructions I originally received. (I knew that it wouldn't be too hard to locate;) HEHE!) N.B. No author is listed so let me know if it is your idea/recipe so I can give you credit.

The Most Dangerous Cake recipe!
5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
a small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts (high).
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).

And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?
Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2009, 09:16 AM   #3151  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by pantala40View Post
hi everyone - just wanted to post a quick note & say that I have a full update on my most recent fair (including lots of pics) and info on best sellers in my blog posting here:

hope that helps some of you, thanks for all the tips & inspiration I get from this thread, you guys are all great!

Hi Kerry,

Great pics and wonderful inspiration on your blog as usual. I sure like your style! I know you've been busy with lots of shows. Glad it's going well for you.

Annette

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2009, 10:39 AM   #3152  
Rubber Obsessor

Wow Kerry.....nice craft items....No wonder you sold out by noon. Thanks for sharing and I am glad you had a good craft fair.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2009, 12:27 PM   #3153  
Rubber Obsessor

Default in home shows

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123456hmView Post
I just did an in-home 3-day craft show. Last year I was listed in the flyer with everyone else, paid my $100 fee...and was put on the wrong spot on the map. When I was approached this year for the show, I said no way was I going to pay the increased rate of $125 for that type of advertising! I made my own signs, my husband posted it on CraigsList, and I told all my friends. I had a great turnout! I probably spent $50+ on the signs, but they will be good for a couple more years at least, and I now know that this type of advertising works.
By the way, the community I live in has done this type of in-home craft show for years. People come from all over the state for it. Always an idea if your area has a large community of crafters!
I would be interested to know more about your in home show and the advertising that you did to promote it. Do you have any photos?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2009, 12:33 PM   #3154  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmichelleView Post
I would be interested to know more about your in home show and the advertising that you did to promote it. Do you have any photos?
The first show I did on Nov 6-7-8 was an in-home show. It was their 13th annual craft show and they have a large following. They pay for all advertising and take 25% commission on all sales. I didn't even have to be there, just dropped my stuff off the week before and picked up what didn't sell on that Sunday after the sale. She sent me a check the following week. I only had a week to prepare for it so I didn't give her much but still had $215 in sales so I was pretty happy with it.

Oh, and they have a beautiful log-cabin type home in a beautiful country setting (you see the lake in the background) and they move all their stuff from the downstairs of the house into the barn and the show is in their front yard (they had a circus-sized tent) and in the downstairs of the house. Her husband bakes all day the day before and they have Christmas music playing throughout the house on the weekend of the sale. It was pretty impressive and I can't wait to do it next year! And next time I'll be more prepared!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2009, 03:53 PM   #3155  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by pantala40View Post

Awesome pics Kerry! Great set up - especially the Dunkin Donuts drink!! LOL You have given me some great display ideas...thanks for that!

Monica
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2009, 04:47 PM   #3156  
Mad Swapper

Thank you to everyone for all your notes and pictures. I am slowly but surely getting my stuff done. I am working on the Ghiradelli holders and am wondering how many pieces of chocolate you put into your holders and what price you sell them for?
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2009, 05:46 PM   #3157  
Stampin' Fool

Kerry What a wonderful display!! Your items are great!! You have really inspired me!! Loved all your pics. Thanks so much for sharing!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2009, 06:09 PM   #3158  
Kookie Creator

thanks everyone!! I was LOL'ing myself at the Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee - TOO funny that it was in the pic. It was the only way I would make it through the long day :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2009, 07:22 PM   #3159  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjbmusicView Post
Thank you to everyone for all your notes and pictures. I am slowly but surely getting my stuff done. I am working on the Ghiradelli holders and am wondering how many pieces of chocolate you put into your holders and what price you sell them for?
The holders I made only hold one square of the Ghiradelli and I sold them pretty successfully for $1.50 each.
Attached Thumbnails
craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-ghirardellisquare.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2009, 07:52 PM   #3160  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
The holders I made only hold one square of the Ghiradelli and I sold them pretty successfully for $1.50 each.
Thank you, I like your word window punch pocket. I am not really familiar with what people will pay for these candies. I know they are popular, but personally I find them a little too Cocoa for my taste. I got the peppermint bark ones. They are pretty good. I think my cost came out to about 29 cents for each piece of candy. It would have been 25 cents, but there were not as many in the bag as on the label....grrrrr!
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Reply With Quote Likes