Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-01-2009, 01:23 PM   #3241  
Stampin' Fool

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by joleneelektra625View Post
I have had some IM's and emails from people interested in the template that I created for my magnetic calendars. Anyways, I figured I would post it on here for everyone to use. I have also posted a picture of a couple that I have made. Enjoy!!
Thank you so very much! This is wonderful! Blessings to you!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2009, 03:53 PM   #3242  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

I have had some IM's and emails from people interested in the template that I created for my magnetic calendars. Anyways, I figured I would post it on here for everyone to use. I have also posted a picture of a couple that I have made. Enjoy!!
Your calendars are really cute! Are they magnetic on the back side? How do you get the calendar pages to stick together? (are they glued on the very top somehow? :confused

Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2009, 05:14 PM   #3243  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

These are really cute!! Did you have to use a really strong magnet on the back? Also, how much were you able to sell these for? I might make a few for my sale on Saturday.....

Leslie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2009, 05:15 PM   #3244  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by PipergirlView Post
Your calendars are really cute! Are they magnetic on the back side? How do you get the calendar pages to stick together? (are they glued on the very top somehow? :confused

Anne
Anne, it looks like they are held together with brads.....HTH.....

Leslie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2009, 05:22 PM   #3245  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjbmusicView Post
I finally have some pictures to share. Thanks to everyone who has given to this thread. Your ideas were inspirational. I have a few other items in the works and a bunch of candles in the closet that are done.
The reindeer noses and Grinch Pills have about a 1/4 cup of M&M's. They cost me approx. 72 cents to make. The elf pillows cost about 50 cents to make. The pencil pounches cost me about 57 cents. THe Build-A-Bear coloring pack has 8 pages and a small 4 pack of crayons. I left the tag blank so they could write the name of the child on there, but it does have an embossed paw print. They cost approx $1.14 each to make. I am still debating some of my prices. I generally like to at least double the cost. I know most people seem to be selling their little things for $1, but I will barely make 25 cents on the M&M ones that way.
Back to work. Hubby is drilling glass blocks now.
Your craft items are so cute!! They should be a big hit! The ones I sell for $1 are not as cute. Last year Thanksgiving themed ones sold the fastest and this year I am selling mostly Christmas ones. This is a sample of the Thanksgiving ones. M&M Bags by dhb1281 at Splitcoaststampers My Christmas ones have Santas, Angels and Snowmen on them. I get the M&M's on sale and my paper and ribbon were bought on a BIG discount sale and my 4x4 zip bags if I remember correctly were only 3 or 4 cents ea. This year it only cost me approx .25 ea to make due to the great sales I found on my supplies and candy. I still charge $1 each as last year my supplies ran a little higher and who knows what it will cost for the same supplies and candy next year. I like to carry a nice supply as I have repeat customers each year that look for me for these little bags. I have noticed they are selling slower this year than last year. One show left to go and I will know the final count sold.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2009, 05:41 PM   #3246  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbgirlView Post
These are really cute!! Did you have to use a really strong magnet on the back? Also, how much were you able to sell these for? I might make a few for my sale on Saturday.....

Leslie
Oooops, I forgot to ask one question....In the pdf. file, there are some line guides. Could you explain which ones to cut first to make them the exact size for each month? Thanks again for a wonderful template.....

Leslie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2009, 06:33 PM   #3247  
Inking Addict

Thanks for all the comments about the magnetic calendars. I cut magnets from a magnet roll I got at walmart which was adhesive. I cut it at about 3 inches and put two 3 inch strips on there. As far as cutting the lines on the template I found that there wasnt a certain way that made it easier. As I cut them I just made sure they were all 3x2 (I think that was the measurement).Yes they are held together with brads and I've been selling them successfully at $5 each. Let me know if you have more questions!

-Candace

www.scrapadoodledee.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 11:24 AM   #3248  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Goals determine methods

Quote:

... I wanted to do something a little different. ... hoping to catch some eyes for classes and such this spring. I hope by showing variety in what you can do with papercrafting, I might gain a few long term customers....
Well as your goal is more towards future customers rather than just short term profits, the the idea of boxes etc could be worth the time and effort that they would garner.

Michelle

PS Don't forget to make a sign to display about "learn how to make your own boxes". Good luck. Having made quite a few items as gifts for Christmas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 11:29 AM   #3249  
Insane Embellisher

If any of you ladies are making bookmarks or gift tags for your sales (or just for personal use too ) I found these awesome ribbon ornamant hangers at Lowe's today. 50 in a pack for $1.97. you can't beat that- already cut and tied for you to use! I just added one to a bookmark and also cut one open and used it on a card front as well. No more sitting there cutting, and tying all those ribbons or whatever you are using for bookmarks! They came in red, gold, and silver- I got one of each! :mrgreen:
Attached Thumbnails
craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-ribbon.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 11:47 AM   #3250  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Encouragement to market

I was very surprised to find my husband strongly encouraging me to market my crafts on our planed trip around Australia next year. Tourble is wr\orking out what I can make enroute and still have storage room - thankfully we built a large caravan with lots of storage room. I have half of my under bed space just for my craft stuff alone let alone trying to 'steal' other nooks & crannies.
I think he has enjoyed my creativity which has been sparked by you guys and the recent birth of my first grandchild.
I made 100 poop and spares bags for his family (since there are 37 adults let alone the kids) I plan on giving each person 1 of each. and I will have some left over for friends and colleagues for Christmas.
The birth of my grand daughter has inspired a lot of more sewing related crafts such as the cot quilt, a tutu & matching hairclip (be great for photo shoots once she can sit up!). There have been the nappy tower, ruffled soxs, headbands and there's more ideas floating around in my head. Of course I made the announcement cards and baptism invites. I have also started a babyscrap book and 2 explosion boxes with the sides falling down with baby photos on them for my daughter and my mother in law as show pieces for Christmas. My husband is really taken with the first explosion box I made for a girlfriend but verses rather than photos for her
I will certainly trial markets whilst on the road and certainly when we settle back home before Christmas next year. So my plain card making has been put on the wayside mostly for now.
Thank you sincerely to all your guys. I have collected lots & lots of ideas onto a computer file. I will sort & collate them later when I am on the road as I will be in some very remote areas that don't have internet access except via satellite and I wont use that for my crafts as it is too expensive (plus once I get on a computer, time disappears!) I am so looking forward to travelling and crafting. I am lucky enough that I can sew, cut, colour in etc whilst my husband drives. I can hardly wait to get started. Just my husband and my crafts and the wide wonderful country. I will be in heaven.
Attached Thumbnails
craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-explosion-box-ellens-birthday-2009.jpg   craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-explosion-box-ellen-open.jpg   craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-hairclip-ribbon-flower-closeup.jpg  

Last edited by madmichelle; 12-02-2009 at 11:52 AM.. Reason: Adding photo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 12:46 PM   #3251  
Kookie Creator

Well just got back from a craft sale at my daugters senior school.... $150....in takings

You could have knocked me down with a feather..

I made bags with dog treats a cheap mixed bag of dog biscuits made 8 bags.

I used the clear bags for holding cards and simple filled the bags equal in each bag.

used a 4" by 4" bit of card, fold it in half added D/s sided tape and fold over the bag top to seal it. then put a Christmas sticker on it.

I did the same with sweets, candy canes and tiny sherbert sweets sold 20 at $2 each.

I filled some pizza boxes I made 2" by "2 by 3" and filled then added a flower topper and sold 10 of these at $2 each...

Made some notepads like in the resources and sold about 20 of these with a christmas topper

and just some general bits of cards and earrings I made out of charms.

I am so happy... I'm having a good week... Sold $200 at a co-op i belong to and the simpler the cards the better they seem to be selling.

Good luck to anyone having a fair soon,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 02:59 PM   #3252  
Mad Swapper

I am so tired. If I have been awake this week I have been in the craft room. I even fell asleep working on my computer yesterday. I was formatting the poems to print out. So sad. I got my M&M Christmas, Nugget Boxes, Scalloped Peppermints and I think something else done today...Oh Ghirardelli purses (3 chocolates in a purse). I swear if I didn't have a list I would forget what I have been doing. I have 4-6 more projects to get done in 1-1/2 days. At least I have been keeping track of all expenses and such as I go along. I also marked over $1000 worth of my retired stamps for sale 50% off retail. There are some technical things I need to work on still. I have yet to actually try my set up. I have two tables I am using. Trying to decide if I want to sit behind them or in the corner of an "L" shaped set up.
Hope everyone is getting their things done. Good luck to those with shows soon.
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 03:40 PM   #3253  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

I am so tired. If I have been awake this week I have been in the craft room. I even fell asleep working on my computer yesterday. I was formatting the poems to print out. So sad. I got my M&M Christmas, Nugget Boxes, Scalloped Peppermints and I think something else done today...Oh Ghirardelli purses (3 chocolates in a purse). I swear if I didn't have a list I would forget what I have been doing. I have 4-6 more projects to get done in 1-1/2 days. At least I have been keeping track of all expenses and such as I go along. I also marked over $1000 worth of my retired stamps for sale 50% off retail. There are some technical things I need to work on still. I have yet to actually try my set up. I have two tables I am using. Trying to decide if I want to sit behind them or in the corner of an "L" shaped set up.

WOW, I am tired just from reading your post! Good luck on your show. Would love to see pics when you are done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 04:03 PM   #3254  
Matboard Maniac

Smile

Quote:

An amazing effort! Hang in there! Good luck with your show- I would also love to see your display.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 04:26 PM   #3255  
Mad Swapper

Just had dinner and another cup of coffee. Here is a picture of the things I did finished today. I had the tins left over from a baby shower I did last year. It will hold two layers of mints, but I chose to put tissue paper under one layer. The tag opens to reveal a TO: / From: note.
The Ghirardelli boxes is from the tutorial here. I changed the dimentions to only hold 3 chocolates, since that is considered one serving...and it stretched the chocolates. I wrapped a belly band around and attached the tag in the front. The flap slips behind the tag and band.
The M&M Christmas story is simple compared to everything else. I actually used My Digital Studio to do the tags and plan to showcase them with my other MDS projects on display next.
The nugget boxes are the SU! matchbox die. I covered them with clear sheets. I printed the DSP from MDS onto mailing labels. Made putting them on SOOOOO much faster. No cutting or taping.

I had to rinse my glass blocks out again. They still smelled like vineagar from cleaning them out. Any tips on drying those faster would be great.
Attached Thumbnails
craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-craft-fair-09-005.jpg  
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 04:59 PM   #3256  
Compulsive Stamper

Hi! I was supposed to have a show this Friday night from 5-8pm, but the coordinator "forgot" to email/mail me the specifics. I emailed her yesterday telling her it's only a couple days away - so I needed to know all the info?? She said "oops" and then tells me everything but what I needed to know. So I email again - asking about parking (event is on Main Street and the roads are closed from 5-8pm), where my space will be located, etc. She tells me I have to park a BLOCK AWAY!! AND>> that I have to "sign in" after 4pm but must be set up by 5pm and once I sign in - THEN I will be shown where my "table" will be. I said "table?" I have 3 tables.. she says oh, no, we overbooked the vendors so only one table no longer than 6' is allowed. I told her to FORGET IT. Luckily I only paid $10 for the space but it still makes me mad! I hurt my back last week too and can not carry my things back and forth for one block (UP HILL). What an absolute mess. My mom wants me to fight for my $$ back but I don't think it's worth it at this point. I have too much on my plate right now and don't have the energy :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 07:57 PM   #3257  
Mad Swapper

Valerie,
I totally understand. I was supposed to do a vendor fair a few weeks back. To make a long story short.....it was WAY TOO SMALL for the amount of vendors, further out of town than expected, NO Advertizing, FREEZING in the facility....
When I went to a meeting to check out the place, I kindly backed out. That is when I decided to do the craft fair I have this weekend. I had already ordered a number of business things for the first event. I like doing the craft stuff too. It's more fun than just explaining the business to people.

I am like you and would probably not worry too hard about getting the $10 back. Yes, it is $10, but like you I wouldn't fight too hard for it.

Sometimes you just have to do what is best for you and your sanity. Sorry your event didn't work out for you. I hope you have another one soon to sell the things you have made.
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 08:03 PM   #3258  
Mad Swapper

Well, I have been working the last few hours on some more things. I have 13 photo frame post-it note holders now. I bought all the non-broken ones the store had. I wish they had more, these were fun.
The vertical ones I used some pieces of DSP and wrapped the ribbon around the whole thing. The horizontal ones I stamped on and put the ribbon under the plastic. It was a tight fit, but they seem to be fine. I put a little bit of velcro on the pens to hold them in place. All the vertical are different, but I made 4 each of the two horizontal designs.
If time allows, I may try another store for more frames. I would like to find some larger ones too and put my little Build-A-Bear die cuts into them. Maybe do those in the area school colors or something.
Sorry about the glare from the flash, hopefully you can see them ok.
Attached Thumbnails
craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-post-note-holders-003.jpg   craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-post-note-holders-006.jpg  
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 08:48 PM   #3259  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Well, I have been working the last few hours on some more things. I have 13 photo frame post-it note holders now. I bought all the non-broken ones the store had. I wish they had more, these were fun.
The vertical ones I used some pieces of DSP and wrapped the ribbon around the whole thing. The horizontal ones I stamped on and put the ribbon under the plastic. It was a tight fit, but they seem to be fine. I put a little bit of velcro on the pens to hold them in place. All the vertical are different, but I made 4 each of the two horizontal designs.
If time allows, I may try another store for more frames. I would like to find some larger ones too and put my little Build-A-Bear die cuts into them. Maybe do those in the area school colors or something.
Kathleen, these are SUPER cute!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 09:14 PM   #3260  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Does anyone have links to Christmas-themed gum covers/sliders? Or gum wrappers?

I picked up a 24 pack of gum at Costco at the last minute because it was only $10... and need a very quick, easy way to decorate before this Friday.
I did a search in the gallery, but all that comes up is the fancier "slider" with the ribbon, and I don't have time to figure that kind out.

Much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2009, 10:03 PM   #3261  
Mad Swapper

Diane,
Are you looking for more of something like this?
Line Up for Gum open by LLINNYC3 at Splitcoaststampers
It looks like she just wrapped the cardstock around the gum and put a little tab on the end to pull it out. I guess it depends on how the gum is packaged. I didn't realize the single stick of gum was such a popular project also.

Finished my newsletter a day late and I am off to bed now.
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 05:54 AM   #3262  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Valerie,
I totally understand. I was supposed to do a vendor fair a few weeks back. To make a long story short.....it was WAY TOO SMALL for the amount of vendors, further out of town than expected, NO Advertizing, FREEZING in the facility....
When I went to a meeting to check out the place, I kindly backed out. That is when I decided to do the craft fair I have this weekend. I had already ordered a number of business things for the first event. I like doing the craft stuff too. It's more fun than just explaining the business to people.

I am like you and would probably not worry too hard about getting the $10 back. Yes, it is $10, but like you I wouldn't fight too hard for it.

Sometimes you just have to do what is best for you and your sanity. Sorry your event didn't work out for you. I hope you have another one soon to sell the things you have made.
Thanks! I actually do have a really big show on Sat Dec 12th. It's at a "Canine Campus" which is a $1 Million dollar facility about 30 minutes from me. It's a big catered event that runs from 11-6 that day and I'm super excited about it, considering I pretty much only sell pet products!

And by the way - I just checked out your other pics for those acrylic post it holders and they are beautiful!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 07:24 AM   #3263  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Those are really, really nice! I hope you sell lots of them!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 03:39 AM   #3264  
Insane Embellisher

Hey all - I just posted on my blog the lollipop candles that (I think) were linked from this thread or the other craft fair one. Its from Dawn's video. I dont have time this morning to upload to SCS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 07:45 AM   #3265  
Inking Addict

I had a craft fair last night. It was at a retirement home for 2 1/2 hours. I made $72 which I was please with since it was so short. The cost for a spot was $10 and they provided tables and chairs which was nice. I still think it is so funny though how one item will not sell at all at any craft fairs and then sell out at another. I sold 20 out of 21popcorns last night and sold 3 popcorns over my last 5 craft fairs. I sold them for $1.50. I have another craft fair tomorrow. Guess I'm making a run to the store tonight for more popcorn.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 07:53 AM   #3266  
Inking Addict

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by doggonecraftsView Post
Hey all - I just posted on my blog the lollipop candles that (I think) were linked from this thread or the other craft fair one. Its from Dawn's video. I dont have time this morning to upload to SCS.

Maria! I love those!! So cute!! A couple of questions, how much were the candles, where did you get the lollipop sticks and how much are you planning on selling these for? I think I might have to make some of these tonight for a craft fair tomorrow. So cute!!! Thanks for the inspiration!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 08:55 AM   #3267  
Insane Embellisher

Hi. I got the candles at michaels. they were 9 for $3.00 - really not a bargain b/c I saw that someone got 16 for $2.00 at Walmart - but I dont have a close Walmart. Plus - I wanted scented (or colored) ones b/c the white ones were definitely cheaper - but blah. Make sure to get the ones w/ the plastic covering instead of the metal covering too.
I got the lollipop sticks at Michael's too. Cant remember how much though - but maybe like 75 for $3.00. I suggest getting the longer sticks. I chose the shorter sticks and I think for display purposes (I'm going to stick them in the green flower foam bricks), the longer sticks would be better.

So, I"m going to try for $3.00 or two for $5.00. Since it's the first time making these, I think it's a fair price. I'll report back on Sunday if they sold b/c my fair is tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 09:24 AM   #3268  
Inking Addict

I would pay $3 for them. I love them and I think thats a great price! I am going to try and whip some up tonight for a craft fair tomorrow. Thanks so much for all the information and the tips!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 10:11 AM   #3269  
Stazon Splitcoast

Maria those candle lollies are adorable! I'm out of time (and money!) for adding any new projects for tomorrow's fair, but I'm definitely filing that idea away for next time!

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 03:48 PM   #3270  
Stampin' Fool

So, ladies, when is your last fair before Christmas? I wanted to do one on the 19 but couldn't find anything. I have one tomorrow and one on the 12th. I set up tonight and there will be a whopping 6 crafters at tomorrow's show. It is in conjunction with a luncheon at the church. Not much advertising, but there has been a sign in front of the church for a few weeks now, so we will just have to wait and see. I actually am just doing it because my friend is the pastor's wife and i told her I would. It is actually the first one I signed up for and the one that got me going. I had an opportunity to do a huge, awesome show (average sales of $700) but, alas, it was not to be:(. I have to keep my word. Anyway, can't wait to hear how you all do. GL all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 03:54 PM   #3271  
Inking Addict

Maria,

The candles look fabulous! I wish I had more time to make more stuff for my last sale tomorrow!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 05:13 PM   #3272  
Embossing Fanatic

Default All geared up for last show.....

Well, the car is halfway packed....just have to pack the food items in the morning. I don't want them to freeze overnight. It is supposed to be in the 20's tonight....brrrrrr.... I can start setting up at 7 AM and the show goes from 9AM-3PM. This one is in my hometown at the high school. I hope it to be fun and profitable!!! LOL

I will report back tomorrow evening or Sunday on how it went!!!

Leslie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 06:45 PM   #3273  
Cardstock Collector

Default wrapped peppermint patties

I know some of you have mentioned that York peppermint patties now come in a different wrapper, but I found a brand at Wal-Mart that has the folded wrapper. It's a brand called Pearson's mint patties, "made with premium dark chocolate containing 66% cacao". They measure about 1 3/8" across and a bit over 1/4" thick, but I don't know how that measures up to the York's--it's been awhile since I bought any.

I hope that helps someone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 07:09 PM   #3274  
Pearl-ExPert

Well I have my one and only craft show tomorrow.
I set up at 6am and the show is from 7 till 2 and my grandson's high school....being sponsored by the band boosters. It unfortunately will be outside in the parking lot....brrrr.

I'm still making my price signs and then I pack up the car. Will probably be a late night.
Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 07:10 PM   #3275  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have so many unfinished items that I wanted to put out at tomorrow's show, but am feeling totally burned out after six weeks of preparing and have no motivation to work on any of them. I really have so little to sell... :(

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 07:44 PM   #3276  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by row4dView Post
I have so many unfinished items that I wanted to put out at tomorrow's show, but am feeling totally burned out after six weeks of preparing and have no motivation to work on any of them. I really have so little to sell... :(
Oh I so hear you!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 08:03 PM   #3277  
Mad Swapper

Add me in the can't get it all done group. I have several things sitting next to me partially finished and I am too pooped to continue. My day starts early in the morning, so I will say good night.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE THIS WEEKEND!!
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 08:35 PM   #3278  
Stampin' Fool

Hi and Goodnight! It's 12:30am and I set up tonight for my last show of the season. I better get some sleep! I have a bunch of unfinished things too but it will just have to wait til next year. To all having a show tomorrow have a great day and hope everyone has great success and lots of FUN!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2009, 10:07 PM   #3279  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Everybody,

Good luck to all who have shows this weekend. I think people are more motivated to buy the closer it gets to Christmas. (I know I've been buying a few things myself lately, lol, just not at craft fairs.)

I just set up for a holiday bazaar tomorrow (Sat) at a large Catholic school. Lots of neighborhood and school support, and it's been going for 15 years.

Then I have another one Sunday at a local church which doesn't charge a booth fee, just a 15% commission on what you sell. You write tickets for the items and people pay one cashier, then the church pays you your money after the fair.

I don't know about back-to-back shows. I guess I will just leave the car packed after the first show. (But gosh----what if I - GASP - sell everything at the first fair and have nothing to take to the other one.:mrgreen: Oh, I forgot, no one in the history of the universe has ever completely sold out their inventory at a craft show, right?

Then I have my last show on December 12th, which is also a two day, Sat. and Sun. affair.

When this craft fair madness ends, I promised to make six grandkids pajama pants for Christmas. I wonder if I can learn to sew in my sleep?

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2009, 11:53 AM   #3280  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
Hey Everybody,

I don't know about back-to-back shows. I guess I will just leave the car packed after the first show. (But gosh----what if I - GASP - sell everything at the first fair and have nothing to take to the other one.:mrgreen: Oh, I forgot, no one in the history of the universe has ever completely sold out their inventory at a craft show, right?

Then I have my last show on December 12th, which is also a two day, Sat. and Sun. affair.

When this craft fair madness ends, I promised to make six grandkids pajama pants for Christmas. I wonder if I can learn to sew in my sleep?
Oh, honey, if those people are smart, they will buy all of your stuff on the first day. Your things are so beautiful!

You sound like me making promises that are VERY difficult to keep. Yet, somehow we do!

Ok, the news about my show today. First of all, I slept last night! I climbed into bed at 10:30. This is the first time I have gotten decent sleep the night before a show, and ya know what? The world didn't end!

This was a very small show, and not well advertised at all, but it was fun, if nothing else. I made about $35-40 in sales after a $10 table fee, but I made a great trade. The lady next to me had this beautiful swarovski crystal and sterling silver jewelry. My favorite was the chandelier earrings. I had decided to get my sis a pair for Christmas, and the lady said just to wait that she would get a few things from me and we could barter. Well, I thought she meant she was gonna get a few things and knock my price down a little, but she came over and picked $25 worth of poops, kisses, spares, pills and the like. Much of the stuff I would end up giving away at my son's school in a few weeks. I was THRILLED! In the end there was a bunch more stuff I wanted, and we got to talking that she wanted a web site, but had no idea how to do it. Long story short, I design her website, and I get $15/hr in my choice of jewelry! It was a very good day!
Reply With Quote Likes