Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-08-2009, 05:50 PM   #3321  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmurph36View Post
I do have a couple questions for those who make the fridge magnets with the strong circle magnets on the clothespin..... what is the best glue to use for that?

Also on the beaded pens~ I am having troubles with my beads staying on? would that be humidity? has anyone ever sprayed them after beading them with a sealer of some sort? I made some pens that worked perfect... and then I had a batch and all the beads fell off? I wonder if it is my red line tape that I used? Any help? You girls are the greatest!
I use Tombow Metal Glue, which is for adhering metal embellishments to paper -- I figure paper is nothing but wood pulp, and magnets are made of a material that's like metal! It's with the other scrapbooking adhesives at the craft store.

Are you touching the beads before applying them to the pen? You should never handle the microbeads with your bare hands -- the natural oils from your fingers coat the beads and make it nearly impossible for them to stick properly.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"

Last edited by row4d; 12-08-2009 at 05:53 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2009, 06:35 PM   #3322  
Matboard Maniac

You can check out the different items I offered this year, and since I am entering the off season I will start compiling and creating new projects for next year!

http://handstampedstyle.blogspot.com...l/Craft%20Fair

Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2009, 06:54 PM   #3323  
Die Cut Diva

Erin, thank you for sharing your pictures.... very nice~ you do beautiful work on your tiles~

I will try and keep my fingers off my beads when rolling them with my pens. Thank you for the tips... oh, and going to try and find the metal glue for the magnets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2009, 09:42 AM   #3324  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraftyValerieView Post
Hi everyone! Haven't been on this board much lately - been so very busy! I have a show to do this Saturday, it's at a $1M canine facility, it's a huge 8-hour catered event, and since I sell almost all dog products, I'm very excited about it!

I have been having a lot of back problems and it's getting worse, so I'm not looking forward to carrying in & out a car full of inventory though. Might be my last one for a while until I get better or can find someone to help.

Question - when you know it's going to be your last show for a while, do you clearance everything at your last show? Well, at least the perishables? I have some Christmas home made chocolates that I made for my last show and I'm thinking of marking them way down to get rid of them. Also the Soups & Poops - can't keep them until next year, so I should mark them down, right?

Thanks again for all the advice you all have to offer! I learn so much here!
Use your judgement when it comes to marking things down. If they are perishable and you don't have any other uses (gift, donation) if it doesn't go, I would mark it down. The other stuff I am going to leave at regular price and save for next year if it doesn't sell. But honestly, I think I will end up gifting most of it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2009, 06:02 PM   #3325  
Mad Swapper

Here are a few more pictures of the items I sold last weekend. The Build-A-Bear sets are in 8x10 photo frames. I got the calendar template on SCS. The cork I cut out with the Scallop Circle Big Shot Die.
I thought I would show my snowman soup. People liked the little box. I sold 18 of them in the first few hours. I used the Box#2 big shot die.
My popcorn covers were also really popular. This photo was taken later in the day. The basket was beyond full in the morning. I even took two orders for more of them. I got cheeper popcorn at the local store. The wording and image I printed off of My Digital Studio.
Attached Thumbnails
craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-craft-fair-001.jpg   craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-craft-fair-020.jpg   craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-craft-fair-061.jpg  
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2009, 06:07 PM   #3326  
Mad Swapper

Here are a few photos of my set up. I had a 6x3 table on the left side of my booth for my retired stamps and accessories. The table in the back is 6x3 and corners up to two 6x2 tables that run along the right side. I put a few boxes under the sheet on the back table. I got the little baskets from the dollar store.
Attached Thumbnails
craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-whole-booth.jpg   craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-left.jpg   craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-left-center.jpg  
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2009, 06:10 PM   #3327  
Mad Swapper

I put the grinch pills and such at the end of the table. They attracted a lot of attention and drew people in. I wish I had more as the basket was empty within a hour and a half. I made a few more for the second day after filling a few orders I got for them.
Attached Thumbnails
craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-center.jpg   craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-right-center.jpg   craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-right.jpg  
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2009, 06:36 PM   #3328  
Insane Embellisher

Set up looks great! Glad you did well
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2009, 07:14 PM   #3329  
Stazon Splitcoast

Beaded pens. after rolling the beads on the sticky strip, I roll the pen under my palm on a hard surface and try to embed the beads into the sticky tape. I have even heated the tape up alittle with the heat gun before rolling in the beads. Then rolled on a flat surface.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2009, 08:38 PM   #3330  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjbmusicView Post
I put the grinch pills and such at the end of the table. They attracted a lot of attention and drew people in. I wish I had more as the basket was empty within a hour and a half. I made a few more for the second day after filling a few orders I got for them.
Love your set-up! I know how hard you worked on everything. So glad you did good!

I have one more (Sat. & 1/2 day Sun.) fair this weekend, and then I can decide which leftovers will be "gifted" to my extended family for Christmas, lol.

I've had a lot of fun with all these fairs, and even made a little extra Christmas cash, but I am ready for them to be over for sure.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-10-2009, 08:46 PM   #3331  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjbmusicView Post
Here are a few photos of my set up. I had a 6x3 table on the left side of my booth for my retired stamps and accessories. The table in the back is 6x3 and corners up to two 6x2 tables that run along the right side. I put a few boxes under the sheet on the back table. I got the little baskets from the dollar store.
Very polished display! What does the sign that's next to the clothespin magnets say? It's in the third photo.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2009, 04:39 AM   #3332  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

kjbmusic - I love the sign at the corner of your table that says "Yes you can make it - but will you?". Isn't that just the point we need to make to people!!! Your products look superb and very well organized. Good work!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2009, 08:15 AM   #3333  
Stampin' Fool

Kjbmusic- Love it! Beautiful display! I am glad you did so well, and Kudos on moving the snowman soups. Everyone has been saying they have been having trouble with those. You seem to have found a solution!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2009, 08:30 AM   #3334  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenndspencerView Post
Kjbmusic- Love it! Beautiful display! I am glad you did so well, and Kudos on moving the snowman soups. Everyone has been saying they have been having trouble with those. You seem to have found a solution!
Oh gosh - Snowman Soups! I made 15 in darling little red pails from Target. I've carted them back and forth to 5 craft fairs, and sold exactly ONE! I will take them on one last trip tomorrow for my last fair.

I hope my family is ready for lots of cocoa in the New Year.:mrgreen:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2009, 12:23 PM   #3335  
Insane Embellisher

KJBmusic your display and all of your items look look terrific! I hope you did well!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I have my last show this Sunday at the local Catholic Church, hope to do well and sell some of this stuff or it's all getting used for family and friends this Christmas.

Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2009, 05:23 PM   #3336  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by row4dView Post
Very polished display! What does the sign that's next to the clothespin magnets say? It's in the third photo.
It was a sign talking about making these projects for baby showers, valentine's day and other events. Asking for bookings and newsletter sign-ups. I got 21 people signed up for my newsletter.

Thanks for all the great comments. I owe a lot to the people here for the inspiration and encouragement.
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2009, 05:24 PM   #3337  
Mad Swapper

Good luck to everyone on their final shows this weekend.
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2009, 06:12 PM   #3338  
Stampin' Fool

I hope everyone having a show this weekend has great success and lots of fun!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2009, 03:51 PM   #3339  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnewithaneView Post
My thoughts are: wow, that's a lot of money! It's about $218 per day.
One advantage would be huge crowds who are looking to buy. We all know that a lot of people come to a craft fair to look, not to buy. I would think that you will be up against big time crafters like potters and glass blowers and that guy I've seen at the Renaissance Faire who sells those amazing chairs. Of course, you could easily sell some reindeer poop for $1 after someone looks at a $500 chair.
Still, $655 is a lot of poop!
I laughed so hard when I read this, that I couldn't read it to my husband because I was crying, you are too funny.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2009, 12:45 PM   #3340  
Insane Embellisher

Well my show today was a big fat disappointment!:(:(: I sold a total of $36.00.........what a bummer. I was really hoping to do well as this was a pretty well known show and was advertised also. Lots of lookers, but few actually buying. I actually sold a few cards which was a shocker- no one even looked at them at my last show......but the ones I sold were to a fellow card crafter (go figure). Like I told my cousin who did it with me- it's a crap shoot- you never know what will sell or if you will sell anything. I guess my family and friends will be getting lots of stocking stuffers this year.......I will probably save some of the paper things for next year.

Live and learn! :rolleyes:

I really, really hope all of you that had shows this weekend did much better than I did. :-D

Anne

Last edited by Pipergirl; 12-13-2009 at 12:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2009, 01:09 PM   #3341  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by PipergirlView Post
Well my show today was a big fat disappointment!:(:(: I sold a total of $36.00.........what a bummer. I was really hoping to do well as this was a pretty well known show and was advertised also. Lots of lookers, but few actually buying. I actually sold a few cards which was a shocker- no one even looked at them at my last show......but the ones I sold were to a fellow card crafter (go figure). Like I told my cousin who did it with me- it's a crap shoot- you never know what will sell or if you will sell anything. I guess my family and friends will be getting lots of stocking stuffers this year.......I will probably save some of the paper things for next year.

Live and learn! :rolleyes:

I really, really hope all of you that had shows this weekend did much better than I did. :-D

Anne
I think the only cards I sold at my events were to a fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator. I think that fellow card makers can see the value in it whereas other people just think "I could buy a card at the store for cheaper than that". The other Stampin' Up! demo asked me to put her on my email list for future classes too, I took that as a big compliment.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2009, 01:18 PM   #3342  
Matboard Maniac

well, I did a bit better than anne, but not by much - I made about 47.00 after the 40.00 booth fee was subtracted (good thing it wasn't a far drive) - one little biddy sign out in front of the school...the am was so bad that one of the crafters went to the nearby store and bought balloons to tie on the sign and driveway (I think it helped) - when asked what kind of advertising was done, the promoter said she sent e-mails to the kids at the school...duh, how many kids (middle school) are going to tell their parents about a craft fair :-(
good thing I brought my socks that I'm knitting, almost got one done - well my last show is at the hospital next week - I'm not holding my breath, but there is a tiny bit of hope that it will go well - the one highlight was that I met some really nice people (crafters are GREAT people!!) and got some info on a few good shows
stay well - carole
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2009, 01:20 PM   #3343  
Mad Swapper

Default Final Tally...

I thought I'd give an update on all of my craft related sales this year. It was my first year doing any of this and I would count it as a success. At my first Arts and Crafts fair I sold $266, at my holiday boutique I sold $129 and then I had my girlfriend bring my leftover to the real estate office that she works at and she sold another $106. I had a custom order for 21 various gift card holders that came from the first event, that was another $126. All of these totals do not include my costs. When you remove my costs I probably walked away with about $350. I "paid" my best friend with a lot of my leftover stock. She had helped me with the last minute preparations and stayed all day with me at the first event, even letting me use her table and canopy. I have a very small Rubbermaid container with remaining stock and will be getting rid of most of it as Christmas gifts.

Now I have to finish my Christmas cards! I am not sure if I will do it all again next year. Even though I had a very positive experience, it was a lot for me to do when added to taking care of three small children (and a husband). We'll see. I guess if I plan better and don't come down with the flu it could go a little smoother...

Does anyone else want to share their final thoughts?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2009, 07:00 PM   #3344  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for your report and sharing your thoughts, Christel. I'm glad you consider you had a positive experience overall.

I think I feel pretty much the same way you do. This was the first time I'd done craft fairs, starting in October and ending this weekend with a 2-day show Sat. and Sun.

Today and yesterday were not good in terms of sales and attendance, although the show was advertised and promoted well and the weather cooperated. I'm told by those who have been "regulars" on the craft show circuit that people are just not attending these shows as they have in years past. And to make it worse, those that do attend don't buy much, if at all. The economy has made people think twice about spending on "wants" rather than "needs".

Yesterday I took in $26, and today only $30. My booth was $40, so that's $16 for loading up, driving there, unloading and setting up, and being there for 2 days. Not my idea of a grand finale for the season, that's for sure.

But like you said, I'm glad I did all this anyway. I've met some lovely people and thoroughly enjoyed talking with all the other vendors at every show I attended. I've pushed myself to get things made on time and it has helped me be better organized and more focused in what I do.

I have felt quite validated about the items I made. Many people have said complimentary things, and quite a few actually backed that up and bought a bunch of stuff! There is nothing quite like hearing someone squeal and say, "Oh my gosh! I love this. It's just perfect for so and so! You made this?"

I left all my boxes packed in my car for the night, because I'm pretty tuckered out. Tomorrow I'll go through and retrieve anything I can use for family gifts and stocking stuffers for my grandkids.

Then I plan to load the rest up and get in my car and stop at some of my regular places, like the library, where I check out books, the convenience store where I get gas, and even the Dollar Tree stores where they've been so nice about holding stuff for me when I've called about my project supplies. I have lots of "friends" whose names I don't even know that are part of making my everyday activities pleasant all year long.

People who serve the public get so used to feeling "invisible". They are thrilled when you bring them a little remembrance at Christmas, and let them know they are doing a good job and that you appreciate it.

And special thanks to everyone who has posted on this thread for the last several months (and years, lol). I've learned so much and had great fun sharing all the ups and downs we've all been through this year.

Merry Christmas!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2009, 08:41 PM   #3345  
Inking Addict

Default Crafty Queens

Hi Queens of the Craft Shows. Thank You! Thank You for all the great ideas. I did my first and only craft show of the season. Had a great time. I wasn't expecting much. I had been to other craft shows that I go to every year and noticed that the attendance was down. This show was sponsored for the 7th grade middle school kids so they could go to Washinton DC. The school was having YBA basketball games. So there were a few people there. I had candy out for free. I had a make-n-take easy snowflake tag for free. Introduced stamping to some kids and moms. I had a prize basket with a hostess stamp set and Razzleberry stamp pad and reinker and other stuff. Also offered free stamp class starting in January. Had 10 sign up. And that was great. I made my rental fee of $25 and $10 extra. I really wanted new contacts. Here in Idaho it is always pioneering in whatever you do. So you have to be really creative.

I mostly sold mounted swap cards. I have a whole room full of swap cards I have collected from SU conventions. Didn't sell any cute gift card holders. But will sell them later. Also sold some of my own cards. And some piggy wands. Those turned out so cute.

So Queens of the Craft Shows keep up the good work.

Edith S - Glitterella - Nampa, Idaho
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2009, 04:54 AM   #3346  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Bugga,You are so right about sharing your items with those that made it possable,those that don't know what in the world you do with all that stuff,or those that make things easy for us. I did drop off my extra dog and cat items at the humane society,they were overjoyed. I was relieved!! As I had said earlier I had donated so many things for my Aunt to use in her room as "gifts" for the other sisters,I was down there yesterday and was so pleased to see she had given so many away and all were thrilled to get them. Have a few items I did not put out from last year,forgot all about and will drop off at church for holiday gifts. This year being "tight " for so many the little things mean more I think.

Happy Holidays to all,keep those ideas commin',we start all over now for next year!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2009, 10:54 AM   #3347  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been MIA and so far behind [along with additional trips to the hospital, including an overnight stay] in the midst of our crafty show season. Tomorrow is my last one and it is for a MOPS group I am involved in, "Crafty Mommas Christmas Show" where any of us that sell/make could have a table. SO I will be showcasing what you can do with paper stamps & ink and hope to promote the SU biz, too. We have about 80-100 gals and tomorrow we are ivingint church staff & outsiders as well. Shoudl be small but fun, nonetheless.

Wanted to share something that REALLY worked for me and much easier than sitting for 6-8 hours at a craft show. I created a "Catalog" of all the stuff I had available and emailed it out to everyone I ever had an email for along with posting to my blog. I did an art show on Saturday for 8 hours and made $115. BUT after sending out this catalog, I doubled that by just 1 gal sharing it around her nurse friends and made me 4 orders totaling $141 without sitting in the hot sun outside one bit!! So I suggest if you have good individual pics and a publisher-like program, it might be worth your while. This could continue your business sales through other holidays like V-day & Easter where there are prob not as many craft shows! I plan to do another version in the spring for sure. And send it to everyone! I learned at a SU convention a long time ago that "you have no right to make the decision for someone else what they would buy, enjoy, join, etc!" In fact, the lady that shared it with her nurse friends was a mom of a long lost friend from HS that I hadn't talked to in 4 years. I almost didn't send it to her since it had been so long and distant..and looked what I would have missed out on!
Good Luck ladies!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dearie Designs Winter Catalog PDF.pdf (3.94 MB, 283 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2009, 11:38 AM   #3348  
Compulsive Stamper

subbing (again, I knocked myself off, duh!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2009, 11:50 AM   #3349  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmyDearieView Post
I have been MIA and so far behind [along with additional trips to the hospital, including an overnight stay] in the midst of our crafty show season. Tomorrow is my last one and it is for a MOPS group I am involved in, "Crafty Mommas Christmas Show" where any of us that sell/make could have a table. SO I will be showcasing what you can do with paper stamps & ink and hope to promote the SU biz, too. We have about 80-100 gals and tomorrow we are ivingint church staff & outsiders as well. Shoudl be small but fun, nonetheless.

Wanted to share something that REALLY worked for me and much easier than sitting for 6-8 hours at a craft show. I created a "Catalog" of all the stuff I had available and emailed it out to everyone I ever had an email for along with posting to my blog. I did an art show on Saturday for 8 hours and made $115. BUT after sending out this catalog, I doubled that by just 1 gal sharing it around her nurse friends and made me 4 orders totaling $141 without sitting in the hot sun outside one bit!! So I suggest if you have good individual pics and a publisher-like program, it might be worth your while. This could continue your business sales through other holidays like V-day & Easter where there are prob not as many craft shows! I plan to do another version in the spring for sure. And send it to everyone! I learned at a SU convention a long time ago that "you have no right to make the decision for someone else what they would buy, enjoy, join, etc!" In fact, the lady that shared it with her nurse friends was a mom of a long lost friend from HS that I hadn't talked to in 4 years. I almost didn't send it to her since it had been so long and distant..and looked what I would have missed out on!
Good Luck ladies!
Amy your catalog is awesome! Thanks for sharing.

ALL NEW!! As of 6/20/11 http://stamperstacey.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2009, 06:15 PM   #3350  
Compulsive Stamper

Hi everyone! I had my last show of the year on Saturday. It was at a $1M canine facility and I was SOOOO excited because I primarily sell dog products. It was a full day event (11-6) but I got there at 9am to set up, and they didn't even know what room they were doing it in. Had a bad feeling at that point. Waited around for 30-45 minutes until someone gave the vendors some sort of direction of where to set up.

Anyways, the room we were set up in had no heat, and the doors to the outside were opening & closing all day long - needless to say, all the vendors were FREEZING!!! There were tons of people all day long with their dogs - dogs were running wild all over the place.. the bottoms of my tablecloths were soaked in dog urine by the end of the day :( People were not shopping though, they were too busy playing with their dogs and cleaning up after them.

At the end of the day, I made a whopping $63. Minus $20 table fee = $43 for all that work. It was a miserable, cold day and I will never do that show again. On the bright side, everyone I know with dogs is getting a lot of doggie treats for Christmas! lol

It was also advertised as a "catered" event. No one knew where the food was and by 4pm the person who was running this event finally came around to meet us (the vendors). When asked about the food she said the food was "a veggie tray and chips". Nice. Did I mention I wouldn't be doing this one again???

And congrats to those of you who did well!! It will be a while I think before I do another one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-14-2009, 07:37 PM   #3351  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I have been very appreciate of the willingness on this list to share ideas and our passion for crafting. This was my first year doing the craft shows also. While I didn't make alot of money, I calculated it to be about $10 per hour for my time at the craft shows only.

I will still do it again next year. But, I will be working on my crafting ideas and projects throughout the year as my hobby/free time activity. I am hoping it won't feel so much like work and the time spent will be more enjoyable.

I did have fun, and I learned my skills are admired and appreciated. I did make some possible business connections too. At one show, a lady who is starting up a wedding favour company asked me to put together some samples for her of my glass bead bookmarks for her. It may lead to something.. it may not.
(I am serious need of finding a Canadian supplier for CLEAR flat-bottom glass marbles though. I can only seem to find the irridescent ones.)

thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2009, 06:10 AM   #3352  
Insane Embellisher

I wanted to thank everyone on here for sharing all of your ideas and creations! This was my first time making things for a craft fair and I could not have done it without all of your ideas and help and directions! :mrgreen:

Another note I started my own blog yesterday-Wohooo! :-D:-D I have a few pictures of my table setup from the last show if anyone wants to go and take a peek. My hubby also decided to help me try to get rid of the food items that did not sell, so he took along a big bag of stuff to his office today to see if anyone there might be interested. I told him if you can sell some stuff great- if not just give it away to the office ladies! I may even go stop in at the local library and donate my unsold paperclip bookmarks and a few other tiems as well. It is the season for giving after all. I hope you ladies all have a wonderful Christmas and that people enjoy your handmade treasures! :mrgreen:

Anne

here is my new blog!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2009, 12:05 PM   #3353  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WAHOO! With 1 hour of shopping, no table fee and only a donation of a door prize, I made $150!! That was great! Maybe there is something to the shorter hours available for purchase! ;)
So now I am done for the season except for fulfilling special orders this week from orders I got from the PDF I mentioned.
Now I can rest. As I said months & months ago, Miss Abigale had to stay inside until December 15th. She is now free to come anytime between now and my actual due date of Jan. 20th. I am glad she cooperated! ;) haha

Thanks ladies for another great season of ideas, inspirations & sales!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-15-2009, 12:27 PM   #3354  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by thystleView Post
I know some of you have mentioned that York peppermint patties now come in a different wrapper, but I found a brand at Wal-Mart that has the folded wrapper. It's a brand called Pearson's mint patties, "made with premium dark chocolate containing 66% cacao". They measure about 1 3/8" across and a bit over 1/4" thick, but I don't know how that measures up to the York's--it's been awhile since I bought any.

I hope that helps someone.
I actually saw some at Aldi's but I can't remember the brand. I also saw YPP at Ollie's with foil wrappers. I bought mine at BJ's in a giant box of 200. Sam's Club only had cushion-packed ones. Same B.A. Sweeney's (local candy store but also does business online).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2009, 10:51 PM   #3355  
Rubber Obsessor

That catalogue idea is fantastic! I think I may have just discovered a project for the New Year = thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2009, 04:20 AM   #3356  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 493 Likes on 310 Posts

Just to add my experience: I don't do craft shows but every year at Halloween, Christmas and Valentines times I take items to my place of work and offer them. I never have expensive things(top price is $5.00). I do the soups/poops/kisses, small lumanarios for halloween, frankenstein cards, post it pads this time, magnetic refridge lists, etc. I usually sell more than $100 worth in 3 days. Just yesterday I wrapped up my Christmas ventures---post it pads for purses and fridge lists sold the best----sold a few snowman kisses and grinch kisses but not even half of what I had made, sold a few M and M Christmas story packs--- sold 8 of the double ball ornaments done on here not long ago and could have sold more if I wanted---buying population is less than 75 so it is an easy way for me to pick up a bit of extra cash for what ever reason....
would like to share this tip: If you go to fairs/conventions/other places that are giving out the free magnets for advertising---grab them....I have found that they are strong enough to hold a magnetic pad on the fridge----if you don't attend those types of events,,,then go to Home Depot or Lowes and buy the magnetic vent covers and cut them to size your self....they are way cheaper than buying the magnet in the craft stores.....

Card Sketch Challenge 1-227 done only 396+ to go to be caught up!!!!!

-90 and sweating

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2009, 05:17 AM   #3357  
Die Cut Diva

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by c-mouseView Post
tip: If you go to fairs/conventions/other places that are giving out the free magnets for advertising---grab them....I have found that they are strong enough to hold a magnetic pad on the fridge----if you don't attend those types of events,,,then go to Home Depot or Lowes and buy the magnetic vent covers and cut them to size your self....they are way cheaper than buying the magnet in the craft stores.....
You are a woman after my own heart. My sons call me a "scrounger." That apparently is someone who goes around looking for things that can be repurposed. After the holiday�s everyone I know starts asking me if I want their empty gift baskets, fancy jars, etc. LOL To my husband�s chagrin, I don�t think I�ve ever said no. And, yes, hardware stores have LOTS of things crafters can use at half the price of craft stores. Including double-sided foam tape.
~Louise
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2009, 06:17 AM   #3358  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 493 Likes on 310 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldumont999View Post
You are a woman after my own heart. My sons call me a "scrounger." That apparently is someone who goes around looking for things that can be repurposed. After the holiday�s everyone I know starts asking me if I want their empty gift baskets, fancy jars, etc. LOL To my husband�s chagrin, I don�t think I�ve ever said no. And, yes, hardware stores have LOTS of things crafters can use at half the price of craft stores. Including double-sided foam tape.
~Louise
Trying to rear 4 kids on teacher salary turns you into a repurposer deluxe...Pickle jars, Prego spaghetti jars....you name it, I have probably made something else out of it.

Card Sketch Challenge 1-227 done only 396+ to go to be caught up!!!!!

-90 and sweating

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2009, 09:08 AM   #3359  
Crimping Master

Well I am bad!
I forgot to post about my craft fair experience! I was invited to participate in a craft fair at a Alpaca Farm ... Afriend of a friend owns it and this was the second year.There was a fee of $50.00, door prize donation,and food, which I found out about after making most of my items. I actually declined as I didn't think I would make enough to cover the fee. Boy was I wrong . Most of the vendors were artisans(wool ,knitted products) most of their items were over $30.00! So little ol me felt very out of place.Well it actually was great as I sold some items the first day,second day I had to work but my friend let me keep my items there. When I got my items back there was not much left. I waited and waited for about a week before I opened my mail to a cheque for $180.00!!!!!! Yes to say the least I was shocked. I now know what to make!
Snow man soup barely sold! All of my altered post it note holders sold and I only had 8 cards come back out of about 60. I priced them at $4 or 4 for $12.
Each vendor had a receipt book that was at the cashier so whatever was sold was written down. So I have a record now of it too! The prices changed on some of the items as my friends said I was under priced.
Attached Thumbnails
craft sale best sellers?  Let's make a listing!  Please-dscf1283.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2009, 10:38 AM   #3360  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmyDearieView Post
... I created a "Catalog" of all the stuff I had available and emailed it out to everyone I ever had an email for ...
What a brilliant concept. Now I will have to learn how to use Publisher.
I LOVE this idea. it will be great for friends that don't live in my immediate area.
Reply With Quote Likes