Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-24-2009, 08:05 PM   #1361  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info...now do I Really need ALL the colors, Sigh! hee hee

Scoopgirl, I see this is your first post Welcome to SCS!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 08:58 PM   #1362  
Polyshrink Goddess

Yeah, it's not a good idea to buy from Ikea online. I've done it once and it's because I couldn't get to one in the time frame that I needed the items. The shipping is just ridiculous considering the amount of money that they make and the worldwide locations of their stores. If you don't live near an Ikea, ask someone who does to buy it for you. I'm sure the shipping will be cheaper than what Ikea charges.

Patrina, I cropped some of the pics I have of the Ikea Rails and Baskets and posted it them on my blog. I think they're an inexpensive way to store just about anything.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2009, 10:48 PM   #1363  
Pearl-ExPert

Here is my Amuse tin filled with my markers. My neutrals and grays don't fit, so I need to get another one, lol.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 12:44 AM   #1364  
Embossing Fanatic

I am taking the leap and getting some copic markers, I am going to try and start with a few at first.

This is what I was thinking...

E11, E00, R20 & Colorless Blender

I was going to purchase the sketch type.

To add to this, I thought some greens for trees, grass etc. and some blues for water? or maybe I should get a set, that is versatile and worker for a beginner?

Suggestions appreciated!! Thank You.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 05:24 AM   #1365  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by In my closet StampinView Post
How long does it take carpediemstore.com to ship after placing your order? I already know it will take 4-5 days for Fed-X to get it to me. I just think it's kinda weird that everything is in stock...is that possible? Thanks for your help!
Also, you can go online and see the status of your order...it will say "pending" or "shipped." My first order had a problem with the cc number (my computer issue), and hung in limbo a couple days. They aren't great about responding to emails, although they DID try to call (but when I called back and left a msg, they never called me again). I got impatient so I just placed the exact same order again, and this time it worked. It took maybe a couple days for them to ship it, and then several days for FedEx to ship...seems like an eternity! but actually not unreasonable.

OOZAK, on the other hand, has FABULOUS service! They email you every step of the way, and ship very quickly. Once the whole out of stock thing is resolved, I would strongly recommend buying from Oozak. Their prices will still be good compared to buying in a store.

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right�--Lincoln
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 05:29 AM   #1366  
Insane Embellisher

Wow...I love both of the above SCS members' way of storing their Copics. I sure wish I had as many as they do!!!! I have been trying to buy a few more, but Oozak doesn't have much of a selection right now. I would have liked to order one more time before the big price increase, but that doesn't appear likely. They still do have some Sketch available, but I'm only wanting to order certain colors...which they are out of...oh well...gotta make do with what I have...why is that so hard to do with Copics???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 05:38 AM   #1367  
Crimping Master

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScoopgirlView Post
I placed an order with Carpediem store on Sunday and have already received my tracking number for FEDEX. I read online about the price increase, so figured I better hurry up and get some. Tried Oozak but everything seemed to be sold out. I was able to get my full order through Carpediemstore, so I am happy.

I really shouldn't read this board, it is not good for my wallet.
Get use to it. SCS has cost me more money monthly than both my children combined! SCS should stand for "Spending Crazy Sisters" or something like that. Glad you joined us
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 05:42 AM   #1368  
Crimping Master

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparkplug17View Post
Here is my Amuse tin filled with my markers. My neutrals and grays don't fit, so I need to get another one, lol.

You can send that right to my house. I'll pay for shipping.This makes my collection look horrible. So pretty!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 05:43 AM   #1369  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamtayView Post
I am taking the leap and getting some copic markers, I am going to try and start with a few at first.

To add to this, I thought some greens for trees, grass etc. and some blues for water? or maybe I should get a set, that is versatile and worker for a beginner?

I am a newbie and I can tell you it is haaard to limit yourself at first!! Your E11 and E00 ought to be good for skin, and R20 can be a nice rosy cheek I would think (other experts on here can comment, since it could be a tad dark?). You may want to add a slightly darker tint also, but I would not suggest E04 personally --it is a weird pink color (totally MO) and does not blend with the others in that series like you'd expect it to. I have the E25 and E27.
As for the greens someone's blog on this thread suggests the YG03, YG93, YG95, YG97 and YG99 group, and that's what I got. It is very pretty but definitely a yellowish green (think Olives and a limey highlight), so it depends on if you want a more bluish green look.
Don't get me started on blues! LOL there was quite a discussion earlier about this...I found the B00, B02, B04, B06 series to be pretty, but again quite greenish--not a true blue. They work with Pacific Point-type colors, if that helps. Unfortunately, the other blues are not as pale as B00 (which isn't even all that pale, really) unless you want a grayish blue.
So, if I had to do it over, I would start with B20, B24, and a custom marker (buy an empty marker and a refill of B20, and mix half B20 and half Colorless Blender, to get a lighter shade).
Again, just MO! Others seem to be quite content with the B00 series ;) It's up to what you like.
I think it was CJBAPP who attached a scan of her swatches, which was very helpful because it was much truer to the colors than the Copic pre-printed list or the monitor hues, and you can get an idea of how the colors work together...again, someone correct me if I'm wrong!
Lastly, I personally like to have a selection of browns for doing wood, animals, hair etc. but I dont' have a really good suggestion there--still working on it. I am thinking I need E08 (I think that's the number) to add a nice reddish, warm shade to the browns I already have (I like a warm look for brown)...and of course you definitely need a GRAY for shading, shadowing, etc....if you only want one I'd stick with a cool or neutral gray, either N1, N2, C1, or C2. It helps when you want to tone down a color you already have, or do a blending/shading without having a million colors.
KiyomiKrafts (I think) is a blog mentioned on here, also, which suggests using something as a palette, and using just a dark and light shade of a color group, instead of having all the shades in between. I find this does give me better blends, as a newbie, but it's a little more work and not as exact...worth checking out if you are just getting started, though.
HTH!

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right�--Lincoln
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 05:46 AM   #1370  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrina+2View Post
You can send that right to my house. I'll pay for shipping.This makes my collection look horrible. So pretty!
I hear ya, mine are all just in the boxes they shipped them in, a little color group in each, and then pilied in a clear shoebox! LOL I am out of both desk and wall space, though, to add anything major...:(

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 07:02 AM   #1371  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Oooohhh....it's so pretty! LOL

I love it!! It looks like they stick out perfectly too!! I think I need one...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 07:06 AM   #1372  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamtayView Post

Ok...you sound like you might like the colors I chose for someone starting out...so here is my link:
http://papercanoes.blogspot.com/2009...th-copics.html

And here is the link to the scanned swatch I have, though it's only half full...but you can at least see how other colors compare to what you are choosing:
http://papercanoes.blogspot.com/2009...son-chart.html

HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 07:14 AM   #1373  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by nottoocreativeView Post
I am thinking I need E08 (I think that's the number) to add a nice reddish, warm shade to the browns I already have (I like a warm look for brown)...
I would go towards the E30's for a warm brown. E08 is totally RED...LOL...if I had to pick whether it was brown or red, I would say red...it's a very rusty brick red. Actually it is a good color to have if you like vintage...I use it a lot for a vintage red. Hope this helps!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 07:14 AM   #1374  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjbappView Post

I love that we all "NEED" everything posted in this thread. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 07:21 AM   #1375  
Mad Swapper

Cher, your chart helped me so much! Thanks for putting it together and sharing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 07:42 AM   #1376  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjbappView Post

<sigh> Me too. I need a pink one. Something else to spend money on....:rolleyes:

But right now I have them stored horizontally. Is it really okay to store them on end like that? :confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 07:44 AM   #1377  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by babydal57View Post
<sigh> Me too. I need a pink one. Something else to spend money on....:rolleyes:

But right now I have them stored horizontally. Is it really okay to store them on end like that? :confused:
Copic says so...I think they would know. :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 09:19 AM   #1378  
Gallery Gazer

I store my copics in the cassette tape rack I have hanging on my wall (formerly known as my ink pad holder...). I purchased the sheets if thin balsa wood you can get at ACMoore and cut it to size to slide into each of the cassette holes to make them long enough to hold the copics in properly.

You can see a photo here.

This was taken several months ago. I've just about filled 2 more rows with copics. I'm either going to need another storage solution soon, or I'm going to have to start storing my ink pads somewhere else. LOL! I really like having them right in front of me because it makes it so easy to just grab the one I need.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 09:34 AM   #1379  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by nottoocreativeView Post
Thanks
It's mostly that I want my sky to match my paper! But Menolly13 was super duper sweet and sent me some swatches of the blues (and other colors) she had on GP cardstock! I just got it today, and I'd have to say B21 is the right TINT, if only it was lighter...so I may just do a custom marker and add that to some blender.

Thank you sooooo much, Menolly! That was super duper helpful, I can't thank you enough...I feel another Copic order coming on, now!
You're welcome! I'm glad it helped!

I have a friend who owns all of them and is filling out one of the color charts for me. I will scan it and post it once it arrives. I'm hoping it will come before the end of the week - I want to place an order before the prices go up but need to see some colors before I decide what to get.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 09:36 AM   #1380  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I've had my Copics over a year and have always stored them vertically. They're still great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 09:52 AM   #1381  
Gallery Gazer

Question on Carpe Diem - does anyone know if I spend $50 on sketch markers, if they will allow me to order non sketch items with that order and still get the free shipping? I want to get a few refills, but I don't want to pay their outrageous shipping costs. I hate that their site doesn't automatically take the shipping off so you know what you are actually going to pay. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 09:59 AM   #1382  
Pearl-ExPert

as long as there is $50 in sketch, you can add other stuff and still get free shipping. i called them and ordered this way myself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 10:34 AM   #1383  
Embossing Fanatic

Thank you Cher, that is exactly what I was looking for. I had spent 3 or 4 hours the other day reading this thread and had actually saw that on your blog, and was going to use it, and then last night couldn't find it! So, thank you.

Lynn thank you for your suggestions, they will help me make my decisions, this is going to be a big purchase for me, so I appreciate the feedback.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 11:13 AM   #1384  
First To Quack

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaufeestamperView Post
i put my copics in this little tote from meijer. i took this picture a few weeks ago so needless to say, i have a few more now. actually, i have about 95 in the tote now. so it holds quite a few.

i like mine in portable storage b/c i attend crops often. with two toddlers, most of my stamping is done when i can get out of the house.

please nobody tell cher...i told her i was stopping at 20.
that's a great way to store them & be able to take them with you!!!

LOL!!! I won't!!! I already said good bye on this thread because it was costing me big bucks but here I am again! :rolleyes:

Cards from the Cabana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 11:15 AM   #1385  
First To Quack

Quote:

oh! that is so pretty that I would be tempted to display it on my coffee table!!!

Cards from the Cabana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 11:18 AM   #1386  
First To Quack

sneaking away again...

I made it thru a whole week without buying 1 marker!

Cards from the Cabana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 11:51 AM   #1387  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

I store mine in this tin from Amuse. http://www.amuseartstamps.com/CartGenie/prod-2908.htm

It holds about 175 Sketch markers. I have my other 30 markers sitting in a pen holder til I get another tin.

That is so cute!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 11:57 AM   #1388  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Why do I have to live somewhere where there is no IKEA??? I love that!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 12:07 PM   #1389  
Matboard Maniac

Phew! I finally made it through the whole thread!!! I have to say, that I am now feeling more confident and you all are enablers! I have my first order of copics coming from carpediem in a few days! I feel like I went all out because I ordered 100 of them. Hopefully I won't be buying any for a couple months.....although those new colors coming out are calling my name......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 12:09 PM   #1390  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftytinaView Post
Why do I have to live somewhere where there is no IKEA??? I love that!!
It's from amuseartstamps.com!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 12:19 PM   #1391  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
I think I might buy a few of those. Not for copics but for other storage around the house. One for each bathroom, maybe one for my kitchen. They are just too cool.
That's a great idea. I have a white wicker basket on the top of the toilet tank that I use to keep a bunch of Bath & Body Works lotions, but they always fall over. I think this would be great for it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 12:24 PM   #1392  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Amuse is fixing to have a "run" on those buckets. the are adorable!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 12:26 PM   #1393  
Glitter Guru

I just bought the last 2 Rubbermaid storage bins at Office Max, I was pleasantly surprised...they were only $7.99 each.

But they are not nearly full enough ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 12:48 PM   #1394  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazorkayView Post
Amuse is fixing to have a "run" on those buckets. the are adorable!
I just ordered a pink one through my LSS (gotta support the store I love) who is an Amuse retailer. They're ordering it for me with their next order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 01:15 PM   #1395  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I just ordered a pink one through my LSS (gotta support the store I love) who is an Amuse retailer. They're ordering it for me with their next order.
Fun, fun! But you should of just ordered 2, lol!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 01:16 PM   #1396  
Gallery Gazer

thanks for all the enabling ;) Over the past 2 days I have just placed 2 separate orders totaling about 75 brandy new copics after all i just had to take advantage of the free shipping deal.....and get them before the price increase......it only makes sense right ;)

My SUO Blog~Merry Stamps
My blog~ Merry Musings

Do you love Tastefully Simple?? Click HERE for fabulous recipes and to browse the catalog!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 01:38 PM   #1397  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Fun, fun! But you should of just ordered 2, lol!
Enabler!!! LOL~ I'm sure I'll need a second one. I'm just trying to take it easy, KWIM? And if I have a second one, I'll want to fill it, of course. :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 01:45 PM   #1398  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by merrymoo2View Post
thanks for all the enabling ;) Over the past 2 days I have just placed 2 separate orders totaling about 75 brandy new copics after all i just had to take advantage of the free shipping deal.....and get them before the price increase......it only makes sense right ;)
I felt bad ordering 24 :mrgreen: but I needed them because of these guys!
My Facebook Page
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 01:47 PM   #1399  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Enabler!!! LOL~ I'm sure I'll need a second one. I'm just trying to take it easy, KWIM? And if I have a second one, I'll want to fill it, of course. :rolleyes:
You guys aren't helping me...I am trying to decide between Aqua (FUN!) and Pink...many of my tools are pink...so it would match, but it's not my fav...

Now I am worried that they will all be sold out before I can decide!! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2009, 03:05 PM   #1400  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Amuse only sells Original Copics, so they couldn't really tell me how many Sketch markers could fit in there. At the time, I had 207 markers and debated to just buy 1 or buy 2.

Of course I get home and not all of my markers fit in it. :rolleyes: So I've been kicking myself, lol.

My order from Rusty should be here tomorrow and I'll have 250 total. Looks like I need to get over to Amuse ASAP!
Reply With Quote Likes