Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-27-2009, 05:43 AM   #1481  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is anyone else starting to feel a little Copic competetive?

I don't mind losing...LOL

I do feel like I better order now...or next week I will be kicking myself. Though I have a big cart-full at amuse calling my name. And a huge tax refund was deposited this morning...thanks to DH who claimed ZERO all year...LOL.

And then there is d**n Suze Orman who upped her emergency cash fund recommendation to 8 months worth of living expenses...AHHHH...

Markers
Stamps
or
Add to the emergency fund??

Where is my brain? LOL It may be missing till an order gets placed some time today...

On a side note...she also says every woman should have HER OWN account with 3 months of emergency cash...I could sell all my stamping stuff and live for a year....so I ignored that. LOL
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 05:53 AM   #1482  
Matboard Maniac

Ok, I am putting in another order - I only have about 90 of them so far...

I am looking for a 'foresty' green color. i bought some Riley St. Patrick's Day stamps and need a deep green (not an olive - I already have G99 anyway)

Does anyone have suggestions?

I was thinking
G28 & G29, but have not seen them in person.

Any help would be appreciated. I am getting my order in today!

Check out my Blog! -
The Fishy-Scrapper's Chronicles
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 05:55 AM   #1483  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappinanglerView Post
Ok, I am putting in another order - I only have about 90 of them so far...

I am looking for a 'foresty' green color. i bought some Riley St. Patrick's Day stamps and need a deep green (not an olive - I already have G99 anyway)

Does anyone have suggestions?

I was thinking
G28 & G29, but have not seen them in person.

Any help would be appreciated. I am getting my order in today!
Yeah I think one of those would be a good green...they are nearly identical so I can't tell you which I would pick. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 05:57 AM   #1484  
Bar
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

[QUOTE=texasjodylynn;13254012]I ordered 33 markers on Monday from Carpediem and them came today (or last night... they were just sitting on my porch!)! YAY! I have them all filled in on my color chart and put away in their respective spaces in my X cube thingy from office depot!

That's the way I store mine, Jody!! Only mine came from Office Max. Do yours stack and have a little clip to hold them together? I love 'em!
Proudly designing for: My Favorite Things
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 05:57 AM   #1485  
Stazon Splitcoast

Cher you made me giggle this morning!
I am with you....my stamp / scrapbook supply collection should serve as a great nest egg hehehe

I am expecting an order today and 2 more next week...I am done for now and I have no idea how many markers I have only that I have plenty....

Be Yourself ~ Everyone else is taken
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 05:58 AM   #1486  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjbappView Post

I do feel like I better order now...or next week I will be kicking myself. Though I have a big cart-full at amuse calling my name. And a huge tax refund was deposited this morning...thanks to DH who claimed ZERO all year...LOL.

And then there is d**n Suze Orman who upped her emergency cash fund recommendation to 8 months worth of living expenses...AHHHH...

Markers
Stamps
or

Where is my brain? LOL It may be missing till an order gets placed some time today...

On a side note...she also says every woman should have HER OWN account with 3 months of emergency cash...I could sell all my stamping stuff and live for a year....so I ignored that. LOL
I am comfortable with the number that I have. I have slowly been buying them for the last 3 months. I really don't see for myself needing all of them (people that know me are probably laughing right now b/c I am really impulsive and like to have it all). I have taken a good look at the colors I use most and the massive pile of patterned paper I have and tried to get what would go with that. I am just filling out what was on my wish list before prices go up! I am ordering around 15 more and that should be it for me for now - maybe I'll need a few more over the next year, but I do not forsee having all of them one day.

Check out my Blog! -
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 06:00 AM   #1487  
Bar
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
Well I am really bad bad bad. I just ordered 15 more based on Cher's blog recommendations for starter colors. I'm not exactly starting out but I didn't have most of them so of course I had to. Plus I had 131 which is a funky number. So after that I'll have 146.
OK, where is this on Cher's blog, please???? I looked around a little and can't find it and I need to get an order in SOON, LOL!!!

Thanks!
Proudly designing for: My Favorite Things
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 06:13 AM   #1488  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarView Post
OK, where is this on Cher's blog, please???? I looked around a little and can't find it and I need to get an order in SOON, LOL!!!

Thanks!
http://papercanoes.blogspot.com/2009...th-copics.html

Disclaimer: That's my OPINION...LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 06:26 AM   #1489  
Creative Director - My Favorite Things
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

har har. I'll send you the list of what I don't have and you can send me 4.
LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 06:27 AM   #1490  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Yeah I think one of those would be a good green...they are nearly identical so I can't tell you which I would pick. LOL
Thanks, I think I will order G29.

Another question, the lowest color G's I have is G20 - probably one of my favorites...what lower color G's do y'all use? I was wondering if I wanted G000 or other colors under G20. Do you find that you use them a lot? i use a ton of YG00 paired with G99 or G20 & G99. I love those combos!

T

Check out my Blog! -
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 06:31 AM   #1491  
Creative Director - My Favorite Things
Dirty Dozen Alumni

[QUOTE=Bar;13258954]
Quote:

Originally Posted by texasjodylynnView Post
I ordered 33 markers on Monday from Carpediem and them came today (or last night... they were just sitting on my porch!)! YAY! I have them all filled in on my color chart and put away in their respective spaces in my X cube thingy from office depot!

That's the way I store mine, Jody!! Only mine came from Office Max. Do yours stack and have a little clip to hold them together? I love 'em!
Yes, they stack together and have the little clip to hold them together. I bought 4 of them and made a cube out of them, so I have 16 spots to put markers in. I am able to sort them pretty well with that many areas to sort. My only regret is that I went Ciao for the first 144 markers. It drives me nuts to not have the number on the end. LOL I think as they dry out, instead of buying refills, I will buy sketch markers and THEN refills.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 06:35 AM   #1492  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by gallcompView Post
I stoped purchasing retail since the moment I saw a kid ruining the tips of some Copics while her mother was looking for a glue, at the end she left and the kid just put the markers back where he got them.

From that day I just get them from online stores like Oozak and Carpe Diem, where I can almost be sure they haven't even been opened.
eek, that drives me crazy when Moms don't watch their kids in a store like that...something to keep in mind, though, is many online stores have retail outlets also. I don't know if they mix the stock though?!

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right”--Lincoln
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 06:39 AM   #1493  
Forum Fanatic

*gasp* you could actually SELL some of your things?! I have a hard time USING some of them and giving the cards away, I love them so! I am soooo bad! I especially love my patterned papers!

Not to be a downer, but I'd go for the emergency fund unless you really really need those things. But I'm a practical kind of gal! It pays off, though, let me tell you...no worries about debt here!

Quote:

Markers
Stamps
or

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right”--Lincoln
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 06:45 AM   #1494  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Thanks, I think I will order G29.

Another question, the lowest color G's I have is G20 - probably one of my favorites...what lower color G's do y'all use? I was wondering if I wanted G000 or other colors under G20. Do you find that you use them a lot? i use a ton of YG00 paired with G99 or G20 & G99. I love those combos!

T
On my paper (both WW and GP), G20 is lighter than G000. G000 is bluer, too...almost a blue-green (whereas G20 has some yellowish tint to it, in comparison). G000 is quite different from YG00, to me. YG00 is closer to Y00...G000 is closer to BG00/0

Again, MO...take it with a grain of salt!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 07:30 AM   #1495  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by nottoocreativeView Post
*gasp* you could actually SELL some of your things?! I have a hard time USING some of them and giving the cards away, I love them so! I am soooo bad! I especially love my patterned papers!

Not to be a downer, but I'd go for the emergency fund unless you really really need those things. But I'm a practical kind of gal! It pays off, though, let me tell you...no worries about debt here!
I am talking about an emergency situation....LOL...but otherwise...NO I couldn't sell my stuff either!

And the emergency cash thing...I am just irritated that my 6 months is no longer considered acceptable...my parents are always talking about that Suze Orman...so it's kind of a family joke that what she says is LAW. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 07:36 AM   #1496  
Matboard Maniac

I am lucky that my dh insists on no less than 1 yr emergency fund - if it were left up to me, I would be selling my stuff in an emergency! LOL! Thank goodness for fiscally responsible husband - one of us has to be, right?

Check out my Blog! -
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 07:38 AM   #1497  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm a Dave Ramsey gal myself.......

I also have the Xcubes, I just bought 2 the other day (the LAST 2 at Office Max) & that is all I need for now, as I just counted & I only have 50!! But like Jody, I started out buying Ciao's cuz they were cheaper....that was before I knew about Oozak, of course, I could have been buying the Sketch the whole time for almost the same price....& I will also probably someday replace them with Sketch. Who knew it would be a *must* to have the numbers on the end, lol!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 07:39 AM   #1498  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I am lucky that my dh insists on no less than 1 yr emergency fund - if it were left up to me, I would be selling my stuff in an emergency! LOL! Thank goodness for fiscally responsible husband - one of us has to be, right?
Unfortunately *I'm* the responsible one in the family. If the finances were left to dh, we'd have NO savings. Stinks being the practical one
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 07:42 AM   #1499  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilwaukeeMommyView Post
Unfortunately *I'm* the responsible one in the family. If the finances were left to dh, we'd have NO savings. Stinks being the practical one
Same here....I hate that it's up to me whether my tax refund should be entirely saved or not. I like to shop. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 08:17 AM   #1500  
Mad Swapper

I could use some advice on picking some blue colors. I only have 22 copics, and want to place another order of 12-18 more. I am mostly going with SU matches and some blending shades for those.

I have B34 (SU brocade blue) and will soon have B32 (SU bashful blue). I was planning on possibly ordering B91 (SU bordering blue) and B97 (SU Not quite navy). I was also considering B23 (SU ballet blue) and B29 (SU brilliant blue).

OK then, so my question (finally): B23 and B34 are touching diagonally on the copic color wheel which means they are similar (but SU brocade blue and ballet blue are very different to me). So are B23 and B34 different enough to need both if you were to only have less than 40 markers? I will never have the huge number of markers that some of you have so I don't want any that are similar. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 08:33 AM   #1501  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by tgentle1View Post
I could use some advice on picking some blue colors. I only have 22 copics, and want to place another order of 12-18 more. I am mostly going with SU matches and some blending shades for those.

I have B34 (SU brocade blue) and will soon have B32 (SU bashful blue). I was planning on possibly ordering B91 (SU bordering blue) and B97 (SU Not quite navy). I was also considering B23 (SU ballet blue) and B29 (SU brilliant blue).

OK then, so my question (finally): B23 and B34 are touching diagonally on the copic color wheel which means they are similar (but SU brocade blue and ballet blue are very different to me). So are B23 and B34 different enough to need both if you were to only have less than 40 markers? I will never have the huge number of markers that some of you have so I don't want any that are similar. Thanks!
They are slightly different...in the same way that the papers are...if you are using the one you have and you color something small on white paper and then lay it on the Bashful Blue paper, you probably would think it matches well enough.

If you color the edge of a piece of paper and lay it on the Bashfull Blue, you will see a difference when they are touching each other.

This is actually true of a few of the *matches*...they are not going to color a whole piece of white paper to be a perfect match to the colored cardstock, but if you are using them in an image and you border it with the colored CS, you will be quite happy with it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 09:03 AM   #1502  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Can we dispense with the money talk here? It's making me feel guilty.
LOL
Sorry I think I started it while trying to dispense of my own guilt.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 11:12 AM   #1503  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by furaView Post
*cough* 200
Way to enable.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 11:16 AM   #1504  
Insane Embellisher

You crack me up Cher. If prices weren't going up I wouldn't of bought markers. But I kept looking at the different prices and I felt it was worth saving that money, because I would of bought them anyways, lol.

How about half into the emergency fund and half on markers?!? Plus the Amuse tin, lol.

Quote:

Markers
Stamps
or

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 11:26 AM   #1505  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

LOL
Sorry I think I started it while trying to dispense of my own guilt.
I'll help out by being the really bad guy, so feel free to shop guilt-free!
My DH never and I mean NEVER buys anything but stuff for the house if anything needs fixing. He's asked me to order some after market headlights for his car for about 3 months now. I always manage to fit in everything that I "need" in the budget, but not his lights. And we're not talking about "my budget" we're talking about "our budget" that I also use to squeeze in some craft stuff. I always feel so horrible up until I see a package on the porch. Now that we have our tax return, he gave up and ordered it himself. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 11:27 AM   #1506  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, if we're now COUNTING our markers - I only have 71
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 11:29 AM   #1507  
Stazon Splitcoast

AND, I don't even want to hear the tax REFUND!!!! I had to pay - #[email protected]#[email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 12:45 PM   #1508  
Pearl-ExPert

question on blending with "pumpkin pie" YR16. any suggestions? not sure if i want a shade lighter or a shade darker.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 12:45 PM   #1509  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazorkayView Post
AND, I don't even want to hear the tax REFUND!!!! I had to pay - #[email protected]#[email protected]
then there are those of us who don't know if we pay or get a return...should probably DO our taxes soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 01:55 PM   #1510  
Die Cut Diva

YAY my copics arrived from Oozaks!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 02:01 PM   #1511  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-BoView Post
YAY my copics arrived from Oozaks!!!!!
YAY for you!! Are you coloring yet???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 02:12 PM   #1512  
Hardware Hotshot

I'm placing another order tonight or tomorrow and have been looking for that darn SU comparison sheet. The link I did find I didn't see it on there. Can anyone help me out? I have a dinner date I need to get to!!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 02:14 PM   #1513  
Die Cut Diva

here ya go

http://papercanoes.blogspot.com/2009...up-colors.html

hopefully that's the one you are after
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 02:15 PM   #1514  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

YAY for you!! Are you coloring yet???
Just finished colouring in my copic chart...lol. I will be soon. Oozaks sent me a free gift too! some scissors AND there were no brokerage fee's when I picked up my package.

Rusty and Steve....ya both ROCK!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 02:43 PM   #1515  
Stazon Splitcoast

WOOHOO!!! Oozak does Rock! I just received one of my orders of 16 markers and the Storage Rack http://oozak.com/proddetail.php?prod=COPCSV-DISP

I LOVE IT!

Thanks Steve and Rusty!!

Be Yourself ~ Everyone else is taken
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 02:54 PM   #1516  
Embossing Fanatic

Yeah! they are awesome wish they had more stock before the increase. Oh well happy coloring everyone...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 03:06 PM   #1517  
Cardstock Collector

Maybe since so many of us ran out and bought copics before the price increase, the online stores can issue coupons to those that purchased in the past. Maybe buy 2 copics, get one free. Not an advertised price but would work out pretty well. Right? lol

OK, a girl can dream of some way around this new policy. All we want to do is stimulate the economy at decent prices. lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 03:14 PM   #1518  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasjodylynnView Post
I have to say I was laughing uncontrollably when I read about your hobby of driving around and using coupons. LMBO! My hubby despises it when I ask him to use coupons for me. He gets embarrased for some silly reason. LOL For being so understanding of all my wants and desires that is NOT one of them. heehee I only ask him to use a coupon for something for me if I'm REALLY desperate for it.
I guess I can't complain because he does dutifully (albeit under protest) help me use multiple Dick Blick coupons and even better yet (he would kill me if he knew I was saying this) he was nice enough to set up a second Archivers account for himself so I get two sets of coupons, which he helps me use. He's pretty funny when he gets coupons and I don't (mine, naturally, is the bigger spending acct so we sometimes get different ones).

Speaking of which, totally OT, but did you see that there are printable March Archivers coupons?!

Cynthia
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 03:22 PM   #1519  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-BoView Post
Just finished colouring in my copic chart...lol. I will be soon. Oozaks sent me a free gift too! some scissors AND there were no brokerage fee's when I picked up my package.

Rusty and Steve....ya both ROCK!!!
Those scissors are the BEST!!! They have replaced my Cutter Bees as my ribbon scissors!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2009, 03:23 PM   #1520  
Die Cut Diva

I've got this insane urge to complete my collection. But I must and will resist! I know it will cost me about $40 more to complete my collection later and that's truely killing me. But I'm going to stay strong this time.

There are so many place that I want to order from. I really need to spread the wealth a little bit with my limited $$$. I need to place my SU preorder on Sunday so there really is just no way I can order more.

Who's going to be my support cheerleader when I get weak? I'm determined not to order any more markers before March 1.
Reply With Quote Likes