In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-20-2009, 10:48 AM   #1201  
Compulsive Stamper
 
oozak.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 40
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to oozak.com
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaufeestamperView Post
Rusty, you are great! That would be fabulous. Now, if they just had EO7 in stock. Whaaaaaaaaa!
Thank you & sorry

It is true, we will be offering FCM @ a flat rate of 2.75 for small orders. I'm still working on the programming, but I should have it done next week or so.

Rusty @ Oozak
oozak.com is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2009, 12:36 PM   #1202  
Pearl-ExPert
 
MilwaukeeMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Waukesha, WI
Posts: 5,342
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I got through page 22 of this thread, & just couldn't read anymore, lol!! My eyes were getting fuzzy!! I've had Copics for years....not many, but enough to play with...AND I took a class at my LSS & I still stink at coloring with them. But does that stop me from buying them? Nope!! I keep practicing.....a lot of images end up in the garbage...but I'll get there....maybe....lol!!

And I just received my first order from Oozak today, after ordering just 2 days ago!!! And of course, my intention at that time was to order 5 or so markers, but because the shipping was so high I ordered $50 to get the free shipping, lol. Glad to hear NOW I can order just a few markers
__________________
~Michelle
MilwaukeeMommy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2009, 01:57 PM   #1203  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host
 
TexasGrammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Posts: 42,084
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by furaView Post
... ... I never have a problem with Memento, so I'm awfully curious. I'm wondering, how are you guys applying the ink to your stamp? I can only think of possibly an uneven coat and there are spots with too much ink and isn't dry before you color? I hold my stamps upside down (rubber side up and slide the ink pad once to make sure all the lines are covered, then tap the pad on it. If all fails, maybe try a new pad? I've used Memento on Neenah, Gina K., SU! and PTI. I never seen it bleed. Not what you want to hear, I know, but I'm hoping that it can help with some remedies. Good Luck!
I'm equally baffled by the problems I'm reading.

I have never experienced bleeding of Memento on PTI, or Neenah Classic Solar Crest, both of which are matte surfaced. I do not allow 'wait to dry' time .... I literally stamp the image, select my Copics, and color.

When I have used Brilliance pads, I have had to allow 'dry' time, and for that reason, my Brilliance pads are in the cabinet collecting dust.

I'm sorry to see that some are having such trouble.
__________________
TexasGrammy** Bev Gerard
blog: Texas Rubber & Ink!
TexasGrammy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2009, 01:59 PM   #1204  
Bar
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
Bar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,181
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by nottoocreativeView Post
Are you talking about the Copic color running over the line, or are you talking about the black ink itself smearing?

I am definitely NOT getting pooling or wet ink when Memento bleeds on me (the black ink gets into my color), but I think I've heard that the paper can make a difference with this...so it could even be the paper we are using vs. those who have success with Memento arrrgh ONE thing I DON'T like about Copics!

For the other poster, "clear ep" is clear embossing powder (not colored). You'll find it anywhere you find stamping inks etc. "Detail" clear EP is a little finer, so it works better on detailed images with lots of lines and intricate areas. You have to use an ink that doesn't dry fast, and the EP sticks to the ink. Then you heat it and it pops up kind of...
HTH!
I'm getting the black ink bleeding. If I get too close to the line my color goes over but that's not the problem. It's the Memento...bleeding is the best term I can think of to describe it. No smearing because that would suggest (to me) that there was some sort of friction applied (did that make sense, LOL?). I might try embossing.
__________________
Barbara
SCS Gallery
My Blog:Paper Pursuits
Proudly designing for: My Favorite Things
Bar is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2009, 05:43 PM   #1205  
Rubber Obsessor
 
gallcomp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 161
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarView Post
I'm getting the black ink bleeding. If I get too close to the line my color goes over but that's not the problem. It's the Memento...bleeding is the best term I can think of to describe it. No smearing because that would suggest (to me) that there was some sort of friction applied (did that make sense, LOL?). I might try embossing.
You may have answered this before but, what kind of paper do you use? That may be an issue as well.
__________________
Member since December, 30 2008

| Copic Certified Designer | ~ My Blog -CopicArt.com~
gallcomp is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2009, 05:52 PM   #1206  
Bar
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
Bar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,181
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by gallcompView Post
You may have answered this before but, what kind of paper do you use? That may be an issue as well.
I've tried PTI and GP.
__________________
Barbara
SCS Gallery
My Blog:Paper Pursuits
Proudly designing for: My Favorite Things
Bar is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2009, 07:17 PM   #1207  
Pearl-ExPert
 
kaufeestamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,363
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

there's a big list of copic sketch for sale on BST, $3 each. but no E07 for me.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=415964
kaufeestamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2009, 10:42 AM   #1208  
Matboard Maniac
 
whoolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Island Lake, IL
Posts: 288
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Question

Hi everyone,
For those of you who use the Gina K. Have you noticed any differences with using the markers on the 80 lb vs. the 120 lb. I know that the one is heavier, but wanted to know if there was any differences in how the markers work on the lighter weight as far as coloring, blending ease, how the colors look etc.

I am trying to decide which to order. I have some of the heaver weight but want to know if the lighter weight is really any different. If it isn't then I'll probably order the lighter weight, but I haven't actually tried it.

Thank so much for any help!
__________________
Whoolie- Julie
whoolie is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2009, 11:46 AM   #1209  
Pearl-ExPert
 
cjbapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Western Wisconsin
Posts: 2,589
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoolieView Post
Hi everyone,
For those of you who use the Gina K. Have you noticed any differences with using the markers on the 80 lb vs. the 120 lb. I know that the one is heavier, but wanted to know if there was any differences in how the markers work on the lighter weight as far as coloring, blending ease, how the colors look etc.

I am trying to decide which to order. I have some of the heaver weight but want to know if the lighter weight is really any different. If it isn't then I'll probably order the lighter weight, but I haven't actually tried it.

Thank so much for any help!
I thought they worked about the same on the pieces I tried....I prefer the heavy-weight for my images, as I was used to PTI...so I only buy the 120#.
__________________
Cher
No longer stamping...on to bigger things.
cjbapp is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2009, 11:48 AM   #1210  
Pearl-ExPert
 
kaufeestamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,363
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

do copics bleed through gina k 80?
kaufeestamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2009, 12:39 PM   #1211  
Die Cut Diva
 
J-Bo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver Island, Canada
Posts: 4,374
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by oozak.comView Post
Thank you & sorry

It is true, we will be offering FCM @ a flat rate of 2.75 for small orders. I'm still working on the programming, but I should have it done next week or so.

Rusty @ Oozak
Anything like this planned for us Canadians Rusty

Thanks!
__________________
Inkypinky Inks }My blog My Gallery ~Jen
J-Bo is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2009, 12:47 PM   #1212  
Die Cut Diva
 
J-Bo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver Island, Canada
Posts: 4,374
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

The issues I was having with the momento ink was on Staples brand 110# weight cs. I have since tried that same cs with my Brilliance and if I let it sit, or heat set I am not having any bleeding anymore...YAY!

Because I live in Canada and shipping from PTI is waaaay too much for me to simply order cs and GinaK is $10 shipping just for my cs it isn't cost efficient for me to order just cs. I think I will need to find a "buddy" who will go in on an order with me...lol.

Here are a couple of my first colouring with the copic markers. Keep in mind I have very limited colours at the moment...I am waiting patiently for my order to arrive.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=79674

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=79674
__________________
Inkypinky Inks }My blog My Gallery ~Jen
J-Bo is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2009, 12:58 PM   #1213  
Pearl-ExPert
 
kaufeestamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,363
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default riley images....awesome shipping!

great job! i LOVE lilly images! love how you did the grey accents on the snowman.

i have an enabler allert...i really wanted some riley images from hanna stamps to color with my new copics. the "just rubber" images are very reasonable, like $4.25. shipping looked like it was $4.95 flat rate so a friend and i went in together to order. but to my surprise, hanna stamps gives the option to choose first class shipping and to adjust down your total. so i got 5 rubber images mailed for about $3. i was so thrilled that i ordered a couple more and asked for first class again.

the instructions from hanna stamps say to email them to ask for first class adjustment. but she later emailed me to just put it in the comment/delivery instructions box before finishing order. she will then send a refund to your acct for the difference.

i wanted to share that fun news...while we are on the topic of first class shipping!
kaufeestamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2009, 01:03 PM   #1214  
Rubber Obsessor
 
embellished's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Macungie, PA
Posts: 112
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

You should try palette hybrid ink... I find that better than brilliance

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarView Post
I've tried PTI and GP.
__________________
my blog
Wish RAK member, Card Angel for ChemoAngels
Nikki's Sketch Challenge group
embellished is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2009, 01:58 PM   #1215  
Die Cut Diva
 
J-Bo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver Island, Canada
Posts: 4,374
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaufeestamperView Post
great job! i LOVE lilly images! love how you did the grey accents on the snowman.

i have an enabler allert...i really wanted some riley images from hanna stamps to color with my new copics. the "just rubber" images are very reasonable, like $4.25. shipping looked like it was $4.95 flat rate so a friend and i went in together to order. but to my surprise, hanna stamps gives the option to choose first class shipping and to adjust down your total. so i got 5 rubber images mailed for about $3. i was so thrilled that i ordered a couple more and asked for first class again.

the instructions from hanna stamps say to email them to ask for first class adjustment. but she later emailed me to just put it in the comment/delivery instructions box before finishing order. she will then send a refund to your acct for the difference.

i wanted to share that fun news...while we are on the topic of first class shipping!

Have you ever checked out the PIF forum (pay it forward). On the first page of the thread they tell you the "rules" and how to play. It is an awesome way to receive images that are on your wish list without having to buy the stamps. here is the link: http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=418779

Just an idea for you!
__________________
Inkypinky Inks }My blog My Gallery ~Jen
J-Bo is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2009, 02:40 PM   #1216  
Bar
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
Bar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,181
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaufeestamperView Post
do copics bleed through gina k 80?
My Gina K. 80lb, arrived yesterday and I just tried it out. It didn't bleed at all, and the best thing was the COLOR! I did the same image on PTI and the Gina K and the PTI coloring was darker than the Gina K. I did it twice to make sure it wasn't just me. I call that a plus in that for me, at least, it makes blending easier if the colors stay lighter.
__________________
Barbara
SCS Gallery
My Blog:Paper Pursuits
Proudly designing for: My Favorite Things
Bar is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2009, 02:59 PM   #1217  
Hardware Hotshot
 
missinkyfingers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,217
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-BoView Post
The issues I was having with the momento ink was on Staples brand 110# weight cs. I have since tried that same cs with my Brilliance and if I let it sit, or heat set I am not having any bleeding anymore...YAY!

Because I live in Canada and shipping from PTI is waaaay too much for me to simply order cs and GinaK is $10 shipping just for my cs it isn't cost efficient for me to order just cs. I think I will need to find a "buddy" who will go in on an order with me...lol.

Here are a couple of my first colouring with the copic markers. Keep in mind I have very limited colours at the moment...I am waiting patiently for my order to arrive.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=79674

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=79674

I think you did a great job. Here is some of my practice work, just on paper, not a card. I wanted to see how I did on some of the specific images I wanted them for AND just to get a feel for the marker and blending. They're so-so.
Attached Thumbnails
Copic Chatter-angler.jpg   Copic Chatter-angler-fish.jpg   Copic Chatter-copic-practice.jpg  
missinkyfingers is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2009, 03:02 PM   #1218  
Hardware Hotshot
 
missinkyfingers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,217
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Also, my DBF helped with the fish, he's done taxidermy work so I wanted his input. Here is my last photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Copic Chatter-copic-practice-1.jpg  
missinkyfingers is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2009, 03:04 PM   #1219  
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Lainy67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: E. Tennessee
Posts: 1,325
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Copic and Glimmer mist? Has anyone done this? I would assume you do it after the copicing. My question is will it mess anything up later.

Thanks.
Lainy67 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2009, 03:18 PM   #1220  
Rubber Obsessor
 
zeeksmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Back road of Missouri
Posts: 203
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Big question! I have some "V"'s and wonder what the difference between the "V"'s and the "B"'s are? Do all the copics have a watercolor effect?

Thanks so much
zeeksmama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2009, 08:46 PM   #1221  
Pearl-ExPert
 
scrappingmelissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,087
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

i find PTI soaks up alot of copic ink before the color is "true". I used SU whisper white and the color is much brighter than PTI. Maybe PTI is too thick for copics??
scrappingmelissa is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2009, 10:01 PM   #1222  
Die Cut Diva
 
J-Bo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver Island, Canada
Posts: 4,374
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by missinkyfingersView Post
I think you did a great job. Here is some of my practice work, just on paper, not a card. I wanted to see how I did on some of the specific images I wanted them for AND just to get a feel for the marker and blending. They're so-so.

I hink they look great! I love the colours on the fish and your fishing hat and basket is coloured wonderfully.
__________________
Inkypinky Inks }My blog My Gallery ~Jen
J-Bo is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2009, 10:13 PM   #1223  
Pearl-ExPert
 
kaufeestamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,363
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
Thanks for the heads up!! I am buying a few from her (ignore the fact that I said I was done).
ignore the fact that i said i was done at 20 a month ago. i now have 95. eeeek! i traded for 15 with sherrie. she was sweet. glad you found some colors you "needed" too!
kaufeestamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2009, 04:43 AM   #1224  
Rubber Obsessor
 
embellished's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Macungie, PA
Posts: 112
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

SU paper is not recommended because it will pill up if you are blending colors and the paper is too wet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappingmelissaView Post
i find PTI soaks up alot of copic ink before the color is "true". I used SU whisper white and the color is much brighter than PTI. Maybe PTI is too thick for copics??
__________________
my blog
Wish RAK member, Card Angel for ChemoAngels
Nikki's Sketch Challenge group
embellished is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2009, 04:44 AM   #1225  
Rubber Obsessor
 
embellished's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Macungie, PA
Posts: 112
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

V has a violet undertone and B are pure blues
HTH


Quote:

Originally Posted by zeeksmamaView Post
Big question! I have some "V"'s and wonder what the difference between the "V"'s and the "B"'s are? Do all the copics have a watercolor effect?

Thanks so much
__________________
my blog
Wish RAK member, Card Angel for ChemoAngels
Nikki's Sketch Challenge group
embellished is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2009, 04:59 AM   #1226  
Polyshrink Goddess
 
MamaSchwich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: living in the basement studio
Posts: 747
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaufeestamperView Post
ignore the fact that i said i was done at 20 a month ago. i now have 95. eeeek!
Well, I won't say that I am done (heavens...), BUT I think I am going to start thinking about refills instead of new colors. I would hate to run out of a color when I need it, then have to wait to get it. So no, I am not done by any means (114, I think), because someday I'll graduate from college and be a real boy! oh, wait, I meant have a real job! (got carried away with the moment ), and I'll probably want to have the whole set...
For now, though, I should probably focus. Marianne, will the refills last for years, or might they separate? Will it be okay to keep them on hand for "someday", or would it be better to wait? (anyone can answer, I just figured she'd know for sure)
MamaSchwich is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2009, 05:00 AM   #1227  
Kookie Creator
 
scrappingramma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Southeast Florida
Posts: 480
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I've been stalking this thread for a few weeks now... all of you are very helpful. I have a total of 5 copics markers (boy am I a newbie or what? lol). My problem is finding a class to learn how to use them. I live in the land of no.. NOOOO... LSS. We have a Joann Fabric (no classes there), Michaels (cake decorating class only), I found an art supply/party supply store to purchase my copics (they had a very limited amount of them and no colorless blender). I had to purchase a prismacolor colorless blender that I don't really care for, the tip is too stiff.

My question is: Does anyone know of a class somewhere in West Palm Beach, the treasure coast, the space coast, or the Orlando area?
__________________
~Mary~
Happiness is in the Heart, not in the Circumstances
My avatar is me with my grandchildren
scrappingramma is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2009, 06:24 AM   #1228  
Die Cut Diva
 
babydal57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,662
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaSchwichView Post
Well, I won't say that I am done (heavens...), BUT I think I am going to start thinking about refills instead of new colors. I would hate to run out of a color when I need it, then have to wait to get it. So no, I am not done by any means (114, I think), because someday I'll graduate from college and be a real boy! oh, wait, I meant have a real job! (got carried away with the moment ), and I'll probably want to have the whole set...
For now, though, I should probably focus. Marianne, will the refills last for years, or might they separate? Will it be okay to keep them on hand for "someday", or would it be better to wait? (anyone can answer, I just figured she'd know for sure)
I believe that Marianne said that she has had some of her refills 7 or 8 years. So I think they'll keep almost indefinitely.

I'm just buying refills based on how much I use the marker. Some like E00, E31 and E33 that I use for House Mouse stamps, I already bought the refills for. Others like the really dark, dark colors, I doubt I'll ever need to refill. Like Marianne said, "a little dab will do ya"

I think I'm going to top out around 250. At least until they release the new colors. Those look divine!!!! I love the super lights.
babydal57 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2009, 06:27 AM   #1229  
First To Quack
 
Beachbound's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: finally in Florida!
Posts: 49,529
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaufeestamperView Post
ignore the fact that i said i was done at 20 a month ago. i now have 95. eeeek! i traded for 15 with sherrie. she was sweet. glad you found some colors you "needed" too!
I've said that I was done a couple times now. I just bought another 36 holder case & I have some empty spots now tha are screaming to be filled. My GF bought the FY1 and it is so pretty! I didn't think that I would like the Fs but I might need them all!
__________________
.* .*)) -::-
((.*~Dody.*))
-::- ((.* .*((.. *-::- ...


Cards from the Cabana
Beachbound is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2009, 06:29 AM   #1230  
First To Quack
 
Beachbound's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: finally in Florida!
Posts: 49,529
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

also what is a good color to blend with R22?
__________________
.* .*)) -::-
((.*~Dody.*))
-::- ((.* .*((.. *-::- ...


Cards from the Cabana
Beachbound is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2009, 06:29 AM   #1231  
Pearl-ExPert
 
scrappingmelissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,087
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by embellishedView Post
SU paper is not recommended because it will pill up if you are blending colors and the paper is too wet.

i havent had any issues with pilling, it blended just fine
scrappingmelissa is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2009, 06:32 AM   #1232  
Hardware Hotshot
 
missinkyfingers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,217
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-BoView Post
I hink they look great! I love the colours on the fish and your fishing hat and basket is coloured wonderfully.
Thank you. DBF said I had too much red on the fish and so we tried making it lighter. I guess I made the line too wide and I colored the fish bottom green because I thought he said to do the whole fish. I used the CB 0 to erase but that made it bleed out so I at least learned how to use that a little better. I used the clear glitter pen on it too which you probably can't see and yeah, we thought not bad for a first fish. I did work more on the fishing hat and basket to color/blend and not experiment. It's great encouragement. Thank you again!
missinkyfingers is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2009, 07:35 AM   #1233  
Pearl-ExPert
 
cjbapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Western Wisconsin
Posts: 2,589
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarView Post
My Gina K. 80lb, arrived yesterday and I just tried it out. It didn't bleed at all, and the best thing was the COLOR! I did the same image on PTI and the Gina K and the PTI coloring was darker than the Gina K. I did it twice to make sure it wasn't just me. I call that a plus in that for me, at least, it makes blending easier if the colors stay lighter.
It also makes your markers last longer since they don't need to soak up as much ink for you to blend.

That's why I ended up buying GinaK...though I still love the PTI for bases and some images.
__________________
Cher
No longer stamping...on to bigger things.
cjbapp is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2009, 08:20 AM   #1234  
Bar
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
Bar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,181
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjbappView Post
It also makes your markers last longer since they don't need to soak up as much ink for you to blend.

That's why I ended up buying GinaK...though I still love the PTI for bases and some images.

Yes, I noticed that too. And I can color right up to the line and it doesn't leak over the line like was happening for me with PTI--I can actually see it migrate with PTI but it stays put with the Gina K. I colored another image this morning and it was the same, so I guess it's not me, LOL. At this point, I'm sold on Gina K. Pure Luxury. Gonna order the Ivory next.
__________________
Barbara
SCS Gallery
My Blog:Paper Pursuits
Proudly designing for: My Favorite Things
Bar is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2009, 08:31 AM   #1235  
Pearl-ExPert
 
MilwaukeeMommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Waukesha, WI
Posts: 5,342
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I would love to try Gina's paper.....not sure which weight I would get, as I am also used to PTI which is pretty heavy. Gina's store is only an hour away from me.....but I never get out that way....& I'm scared to go because I know I'd spend wayyyy too much money, lol!!
__________________
~Michelle
MilwaukeeMommy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2009, 08:43 AM   #1236  
Mad Swapper
 
KayInFL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In Florida!
Posts: 2,025
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by embellishedView Post
You should try palette hybrid ink... I find that better than brilliance
Me too. I use Noir Black and have never had a problem. I don't heat set or wait for drying either, just stamp and go. I've used several different types of card stock (including GP from WalMart) and the only one I've had an issue with is SU WW.

Isn't it odd how it's different for all of us?
__________________
Bloom With Kay blog
KayInFL is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2009, 09:05 AM   #1237  
Matboard Maniac
 
iluvpaper2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,044
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

For those who have been asking about Copic Markers that match PTI cardstock, I found this list in the forums:

Aqua Mist BG11
Lemon Tart Y21
Berry Sorbet R14
Sweet Blush R20
Lavendar Moon V12, RV93 or RV95 or V95
Spring Moss YG91 or YG95
Summer Sunrise Y23 or Y24
Ripe Avocado YG 95 pale olive or G99 Olive
Ocean Tides BG 72 & BG 75
Spring Rain B21 & B95
Pure Poppy R29 or R46
Raspberry Fizz RV19

Hope this helps.
iluvpaper2 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2009, 10:44 AM   #1238  
Matboard Maniac
 
whoolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Island Lake, IL
Posts: 288
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Okay hopefully I won't get in trouble for posting this here, because I know there is probably a "place" I'm supposed to do this. I did decide to invest in the Gina K. If you are someone who loves PTI and would like to buy a new pack + about 20 sheets of an opened pack 120lb. weight for a reduced price...please PM me. It's just I already have all my SU white and I ordered the new. I'll never use it all!

Thanks!
jules
__________________
Whoolie- Julie
whoolie is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2009, 11:23 AM   #1239  
Glitter Queen
 
KEI PETERSEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Flintstone GA
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Could anyone shed some light. I bought my first copics and wanted to use them like you do the stamping up markers to color my stamps and stamp instead of using and ink pad. When I colored my acrylic stamps the copic went on great but when I stamped it , it stayed on the acrylic. I thought you could use these this way. I always get a better stamped image when I don't use a stamp pad. Help Email me at [email protected] Thanks Kei

Last edited by KEI PETERSEN; 02-22-2009 at 11:29 AM.. Reason: forgot something
KEI PETERSEN is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2009, 11:24 AM   #1240  
Pearl-ExPert
 
scrappingmelissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,087
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

kei did you huff and puff on the stamp??
scrappingmelissa is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off