Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-16-2009, 06:47 AM   #961  
First To Quack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does Copic make a color chart already filled in? I would like to have one with the colors all filled in so I can see what I need next.

Cards from the Cabana
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 06:59 AM   #962  
Compulsive Stamper

Send a message via Skype™ to oozak.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigerlily55View Post
Rusty, I was one of those clogging your website Friday night! There were a few problems with slowness etc. but I was also causing problems because I was on the site so long trying to decide what colors to get. I'll try to be faster next time (she says as bank account cringes, lol).

Question (Sort of long): I'm not trying to be snarky but I need to ask about this. Last December your website said prices were going up January 5th. Most people assumed that Oozak's prices would be raised at that time, which is why you had all the business in December. Prices haven't been raised yet. It now appears that you did not intend to raise your prices until you had to start paying the higher price from the manufacturer. At least that is the picture I have now.

Now your website is saying, that starting March 1st, you will have to charge a certain higher price so that you won't be in violation of some agreement with the manufacturer. It seems to be saying that you can't quote prices or low price claims in advertising. Is it advertising when you say it on your website? I don't see why the manufacturer cares what you charge for the product as long as they get their share. So, are prices really going to go up in March or is that just another marketing ploy?

Please tell me if I am in error with anything. I just want to have the feeling that customers (especially SCSers) are being treated with honesty and respect. I look forward to your response.

Our prices did go up on Jan 5th (2008 Sketch $3.90 ea went to $4.25 ea). The manufacturer did raise the MSRP to $6.49 ea so of course our cost went up. Right now we have lowered our selling price to compete for business until we all have to sell at the same price. Basically we are going for volume, and I can tell you COPIC is not a high profit item at all - but in this economy...I'll take what I can get without giving it away.

AS for the new policy. Yes, our website is advertising. If the public can see it, it's advertising. If you read the PDF they really spell it out. Manufacturers care about the selling price so that they can get more placement. IE: A mom & pop retail store in the middle of nowhere wants to bring it in COPIC to sell. Nobody will shop there if they know they can get it online for way cheaper. if all stores have it at the same price, the have a better chance of serving their own area. The more stores that carry COPIC the more they sell.

Prices are really going up in March. COPIC USA is really coming down hard, almost to the poimt where they weren't going to allow ANY online sales at all. Imagine that.

Rusty
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 07:01 AM   #963  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeachboundView Post
Does Copic make a color chart already filled in? I would like to have one with the colors all filled in so I can see what I need next.
They used to. Actually, I think it was Marianne from COPIC that used to make them. That was WAY back when they weren't so huge and Marianne wasn't traveling and certifying all the time.

Rusty
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 07:09 AM   #964  
Rubber Obsessor

I do not reccommend getting one filled in.. Go to the store with an empty chart and ask if you can fill it out. It is important to use paper that you would normally color with colors look different on different papers..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 07:15 AM   #965  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitty14View Post
I use Papertrey white card stock and Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

A great tip I got from someone here (sorry I can't remember who) was to use Versafine Onyx Black ink and detail CLEAR EP to help from going outside the lines when coloring. It works very well and it looks really pretty!

** For some reason (I do not know why), it is the metallic EP that causes problems but not the CLEAR!

I am storing mine HORIZONTALLY because I read here that someone is having a problem with one end drying out. I am not taking any chances. These "babies" are just too expensive to fool around with! LOL!

www.oozak.com has GOT to be the ABSOLUTE BEST source for purchasing Copics. They have the cheapest prices I have found, the shipping is so fast that is amazing! They so very nice to deal with. My computer would not allow me to check out on the site ( even the guy from oozak did not know why and he talked me throught the steps and it still didn't work!), so he took my order over the phone. He told me it would ship that same day and it got to my home in 1 day! They are in Michigan and I am in NJ!

*True, I know they sell out FAST with many colors but if you can get them, they are worth buying at Oozak.

*** PLUS, FREE shipping with a $50 order!!

om goodness!! i have been trying to find a place to get some Sketch markers at a reasonable price.... i have all the Ciao markers, but had about 40 Sketch colours on my wish list... i just filled that wish list !!

even with the shipping, and exchange...it really wasnt that bad!
now if only they carried paper trey ink cardstock-- it would be all good!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 07:16 AM   #966  
Glitter Queen

i have a Ciao colour chart-- anyone need one, please email me... i have a list of them all in order.... is this what you are looking for?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 07:21 AM   #967  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by movinonupView Post
om goodness!! i have been trying to find a place to get some Sketch markers at a reasonable price.... i have all the Ciao markers, but had about 40 Sketch colours on my wish list... i just filled that wish list !!

even with the shipping, and exchange...it really wasnt that bad!
now if only they carried paper trey ink cardstock-- it would be all good!
Wouldn't that be great? Rusty, are you still following this thread...hint, hint...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 07:37 AM   #968  
Glitter Queen

oh yes!!! PLEASE carry paper trey ink cardstock ! Pretty please !!!!

(i sure hope your shipping to canada rates are better than theirs!!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 07:42 AM   #969  
Total Quack

Quote:

Originally Posted by embellishedView Post
I do not reccommend getting one filled in.. Go to the store with an empty chart and ask if you can fill it out. It is important to use paper that you would normally color with colors look different on different papers..

I think she needs an estimate because our 'stores' don't carry all of the colors, and you can't just run to Oozak to check out their charts. I know what she means because it's hard to determine which colors I need based on the computer screen.

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 08:06 AM   #970  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by oozak.comView Post
Our prices did go up on Jan 5th (2008 Sketch $3.90 ea went to $4.25 ea). The manufacturer did raise the MSRP to $6.49 ea so of course our cost went up. Right now we have lowered our selling price to compete for business until we all have to sell at the same price. Basically we are going for volume, and I can tell you COPIC is not a high profit item at all - but in this economy...I'll take what I can get without giving it away.

AS for the new policy. Yes, our website is advertising. If the public can see it, it's advertising. If you read the PDF they really spell it out. Manufacturers care about the selling price so that they can get more placement. IE: A mom & pop retail store in the middle of nowhere wants to bring it in COPIC to sell. Nobody will shop there if they know they can get it online for way cheaper. if all stores have it at the same price, the have a better chance of serving their own area. The more stores that carry COPIC the more they sell.

Prices are really going up in March. COPIC USA is really coming down hard, almost to the poimt where they weren't going to allow ANY online sales at all. Imagine that.

Rusty

Does anyone else find this a little disturbing or is it just me? I'm no marketing major by any stretch of the imagination but the way it is explained above they're saying that we only want our markers sold at the highest possible cost regardless if the business selling them wants to put them on sale. Do they really think, specifically in this economy, that they will sell more because they're the same price as online or the larger store down the street? I'm certainly all for ma and pa stores, I find it sad that we don't have them like we do, but at the same time, a lot of us can't afford those shops and or want more for our money, specifically now. I tend to shop a smaller shop for unique item, not copic markers. I've just placed my first order and I want more (before the price goes up) but this kind of marketing doesn't sit well with me. Maybe I'm not understanding it right and what they're doing is really not as bad as it sounds to me????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 08:22 AM   #971  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by missinkyfingersView Post
Does anyone else find this a little disturbing or is it just me? I'm no marketing major by any stretch of the imagination but the way it is explained above they're saying that we only want our markers sold at the highest possible cost regardless if the business selling them wants to put them on sale. Do they really think, specifically in this economy, that they will sell more because they're the same price as online or the larger store down the street? I'm certainly all for ma and pa stores, I find it sad that we don't have them like we do, but at the same time, a lot of us can't afford those shops and or want more for our money, specifically now. I tend to shop a smaller shop for unique item, not copic markers. I've just placed my first order and I want more (before the price goes up) but this kind of marketing doesn't sit well with me. Maybe I'm not understanding it right and what they're doing is really not as bad as it sounds to me????
My local art store offers a "rewards card". You get 20% off everything if you use it. Including Copics. I bought a few there that I needed RIGHT NOW for a project and paid $4.80 for each. So I think almost everyone offers them at a discount.

I really don't like the new pricing policy. But I think a lot of companies do it. QuicKutz comes to mind. But I'll still buy my markers from Oozak.com. Good service goes a long way towards offsetting the price to me and they have EXCELLENT service. Thankfully for me, I only need a few (hahaha) more to round out my collection. But then I guess I need to start buing refills.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 08:33 AM   #972  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Now your website is saying, that starting March 1st, you will have to charge a certain higher price so that you won't be in violation of some agreement with the manufacturer. It seems to be saying that you can't quote prices or low price claims in advertising. Is it advertising when you say it on your website? I don't see why the manufacturer cares what you charge for the product as long as they get their share. So, are prices really going to go up in March or is that just another marketing ploy?

Please tell me if I am in error with anything. I just want to have the feeling that customers (especially SCSers) are being treated with honesty and respect. I look forward to your response.
My husband read this the same way you do. He doesn't see the problem and thought the whole pricing thing was kind of weird.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 08:42 AM   #973  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by babydal57View Post
My local art store offers a "rewards card". You get 20% off everything if you use it. Including Copics. I bought a few there that I needed RIGHT NOW for a project and paid $4.80 for each. So I think almost everyone offers them at a discount.

I really don't like the new pricing policy. But I think a lot of companies do it. QuicKutz comes to mind. But I'll still buy my markers from Oozak.com. Good service goes a long way towards offsetting the price to me and they have EXCELLENT service. Thankfully for me, I only need a few (hahaha) more to round out my collection. But then I guess I need to start buing refills.
For me, my LSS doesn't sell many and the only place I see getting them is online. I don't use (or haven't as of yet I guess) QuicKutz so I guess I've never really noticed this happening. I don't get to shop often and while I think I have a ton of stuff a lot of you ladies have WAY more than me so you'd know this stuff better than I. Specifically since I spent ALL of last weekend researching Copics because everyone swears by them. I guess I should have gotten on the bandwagon sooner. I understand the idea of making a product to make money and the most you can so if it works for them, awesome. I'm somehow certain I'll still be buying them, maybe just not as many as often. I'll have to learn to use these first OR place a big order before 3/1 and get all I need but that'd be like 299 some markers, not happen'!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 08:48 AM   #974  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Tons, I mean TONS of companies and brands do this. COPIC is by far not the first one. Weber Grills, Bose, Sony...you name it and most likely have a policy like this. Now it may not apply to all of thieir items but it will apply to the most sought after. COPIC for instance does'nt apply this to their ABS system, Paper, and a few other things.

Rusty
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 09:17 AM   #975  
Stampin' Fool

Question

I have 2 questions for the "experts" out there:

1. What is the best size black multliner for filling in those inked stamping lines that need retouching? I am assuming, maybe incorrectly, that the multiliner is used for that purpose.

2. Is the copice airbrushing starter kit #2 a good one for a REAL AMATUER", who has had absolutley no practice airbrushing but would like to learn and is mainly interested in doing small areas, like sky backgrounds?

Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 09:22 AM   #976  
Stampin' Fool

Rusty, another question. Are you saying they are going up twice in price? Once in January and again in March?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 09:59 AM   #977  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesarappView Post
Rusty, another question. Are you saying they are going up twice in price? Once in January and again in March?
The markers already went up in price this past January. From $3.80 (I think that was the price) to $4.25 because the importer raised the retail price of the markers from $5.99 to $6.49. (These are Sketch prices since that's what I buy).

BUT given the new edict from Copic to limit how much discounting stores can do, oozak.com and the other store, lowered their prices back to $3.95 until March 1. On March 1, Copic will be telling stores what is the minimum advertised price that they can charge. If you don't comply, they simply won't wholesale you markers to sell. Many, many companies do this.

So Sketch markers will be no lower than $4.87 each starting March 1. Almost a dollar more per marker than they are now. Oozak.com dropped the price back to $3.95 (from the $4.25 is was raised to in Jan) for this limited time to try and sell as many markers as they can, even if the profit margin is lower. Better to sell 1000 markers and make $.50 on each than to sell 100 and make $.80 each KWIM? ****(these are completely made up numbers as I have no idea what their profit margin is or how many they normally sell or have sold recently)****

Make sense? Starting March 1, Sketch markers will be $4.87 each.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 10:37 AM   #978  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm done buying my markers, so I'm very happy I won't have to face those numbers come March.

I wanted to share this info for those who are taking up airbrushing and going through air cans like water. I bought the SParmax AC100 (what Copic usually sells) from RexArt for $149.00 with Free shipping. It's the cheapest that I've found online. Free shipping for orders over $100 and it weighs less than 20lbs. Total weight is a little over 8lbs. I already have the kit with the adapter can and this air compressor comes with the hose and fitting I need, so I don't need to get any extra parts. For more info, check Marianne's posts re: airbrushing and scroll down midway to where it says "Tips" and a photo of the airbrushing kit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 11:17 AM   #979  
First To Quack

Quote:

Originally Posted by movinonupView Post
i have a Ciao colour chart-- anyone need one, please email me... i have a list of them all in order.... is this what you are looking for?
I am collecting the sketch ones but the colors are the same~ just not as many. I understand that the paper we use makes a difference but when I am trying to see what I need it would be nice to know that some of the colors are basicly the same ones with different numbers. I have already bought colors just to find that I had an entirely different number that was the same thing to my eye. That being said, I really should just rein in and say enough is enough! 89 markers isn't bad! This is one race I just can't afford to win! LOL!!!!

Cards from the Cabana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 11:19 AM   #980  
First To Quack

Quote:

Many other products have price controls too, Cricut, Wii...you just pay what the market will bear.

Cards from the Cabana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 11:30 AM   #981  
Rubber Obsessor

I use .3 and .1 for filling in stamped images.

Quote:

I have 2 questions for the "experts" out there:

1. What is the best size black multliner for filling in those inked stamping lines that need retouching? I am assuming, maybe incorrectly, that the multiliner is used for that purpose.

2. Is the copice airbrushing starter kit #2 a good one for a REAL AMATUER", who has had absolutley no practice airbrushing but would like to learn and is mainly interested in doing small areas, like sky backgrounds?

Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 11:44 AM   #982  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Thanks for your help!
In the long run it will be better to get the ABS 1 instead, it may cost a little bit more, but ou have the flexibility of using the biger aircans, or if you are on the move, the smaller one. Buying the ABS 2 may save you some bucks, but as soon as you need replacement aircans you will feel the $$ difference.

| Copic Certified Designer | ~ My Blog -CopicArt.com~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 12:25 PM   #983  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Tons, I mean TONS of companies and brands do this. COPIC is by far not the first one. Weber Grills, Bose, Sony...you name it and most likely have a policy like this. Now it may not apply to all of thieir items but it will apply to the most sought after. COPIC for instance does'nt apply this to their ABS system, Paper, and a few other things.

Rusty
Thank you all for putting this in perspective for me. I have to say I feel a bit foolish now, haha. I had NO idea so many other companies did this. After being told now that companies like Weber and the Wii do as well, I have noticed that the Wii never really seems to be on sale. As for the other things, I guess I don't do as much research on Weber grills or things of that nature as I do my crafting supplies!! Nah, that's not foolish, that's a smart girl!!

If all they're going up to, max for those selling at a discount, to $4.87 that's not so bad. Like I say, I'll still be buying them as long as I can figure out how to use the ones arriving TOMORROW.......I feel like singing Annie!! No, I don't actually, I'm sick with Influenza......first year since my pnemonia w/no flu shot and I get it!! Start a new job tomorrow too...... And a wasted day off of work being sick!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 12:26 PM   #984  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesarappView Post
No. Our selling price is going up in March. Basically what happened in Jan was a generally manufacturer increase, usually done yearly. What's happening in March is that the new pricing policy (MAP) will no longer let us sell them at the prices we ahve been selling them for. We now have a guideline we have to follow on what to sell the markers for. Well, we don't HAVE to but if we want them to ship us orders we do. The guideline was there before, it just had some loopholes in it. Teh revised one doesn't.

So, quick recap. We'll use Sketch as an example:
MSRP - 5.99
MAP - 4.49
Oozak - 3.90

Jan 2009 - Feb 2009
MSRP - 6.49
MAP - 4.87
Oozak - 52.4 until we started the RACE, now - 59.3 (can't advertise our LOW prices)

Mar 2009
MSRP - 6.49
MAP - 4.87
Oozak & everybody else - 4.87 (no more "Add To Cart For Price", that's against the rules), even having a differnt price in the cart is considered advertising.

Rusty
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 12:30 PM   #985  
Compulsive Stamper

Sorry for the delayed responses today. Needless to say we had a TON of orders to process today. I'm almost thankful that there is no mail today - gives us the morning to finish them up before our Mail pick up.

I think Steve is crossed eyed after putting all those in the computer. I can jsut about pick them out of the rack without looking

Rusty
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 12:31 PM   #986  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Thank you all for putting this in perspective for me. I have to say I feel a bit foolish now, haha. I had NO idea so many other companies did this. After being told now that companies like Weber and the Wii do as well, I have noticed that the Wii never really seems to be on sale. As for the other things, I guess I don't do as much research on Weber grills or things of that nature as I do my crafting supplies!! Nah, that's not foolish, that's a smart girl!!

If all they're going up to, max for those selling at a discount, to $4.87 that's not so bad. Like I say, I'll still be buying them as long as I can figure out how to use the ones arriving TOMORROW.......I feel like singing Annie!! No, I don't actually, I'm sick with Influenza......first year since my pnemonia w/no flu shot and I get it!! Start a new job tomorrow too...... And a wasted day off of work being sick!
Did you know that the WII is only like an $10 profit ?! Electronics like that are all about volume.

Rusty
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 12:48 PM   #987  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Rusty
Thank you for your response(and the other gals who posted on this subject) to my question. I apparently didn't have all the information. I do agree it's a poor time to be jacking up prices that much. I guess it isn't easy being a business person these days.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 12:55 PM   #988  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Did you know that the WII is only like an $10 profit ?! Electronics like that are all about volume.

Rusty
Wow, no, I didn't. I hope they make more than that on the accessories and games. I think they're fun but guess I'd rather spend $$ on stamping and now apparently Copics!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 01:08 PM   #989  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Wow, no, I didn't. I hope they make more than that on the accessories and games. I think they're fun but guess I'd rather spend $$ on stamping and now apparently Copics!!
Sadly our household supports the economy nicely with all the Copics and PS3 and Wii equipment around here. Ok...maybe it only covers the electric bill to light up Tokyo each night...LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 01:11 PM   #990  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

The markers already went up in price this past January. From $3.80 (I think that was the price) to $4.25 because the importer raised the retail price of the markers from $5.99 to $6.49. (These are Sketch prices since that's what I buy).

BUT given the new edict from Copic to limit how much discounting stores can do, oozak.com and the other store, lowered their prices back to $3.95 until March 1. On March 1, Copic will be telling stores what is the minimum advertised price that they can charge. If you don't comply, they simply won't wholesale you markers to sell. Many, many companies do this.

So Sketch markers will be no lower than $4.87 each starting March 1. Almost a dollar more per marker than they are now. Oozak.com dropped the price back to $3.95 (from the $4.25 is was raised to in Jan) for this limited time to try and sell as many markers as they can, even if the profit margin is lower. Better to sell 1000 markers and make $.50 on each than to sell 100 and make $.80 each KWIM? ****(these are completely made up numbers as I have no idea what their profit margin is or how many they normally sell or have sold recently)****

Make sense? Starting March 1, Sketch markers will be $4.87 each.
Gottcha! Thank you for explaining. It sounded like they were raising them twice.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 01:32 PM   #991  
Total Quack

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjbappView Post
Sadly our household supports the economy nicely with all the Copics and PS3 and Wii equipment around here. Ok...maybe it only covers the electric bill to light up Tokyo each night...LOL

LOL!!!! I think we assist you in those endeavors quite nicely.

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 01:50 PM   #992  
Quacker Stamper

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikemarkersView Post
Copic addiction is a serious problem they need to come with a warning label:

Caution: However many Copic markers you have are still not enough. They are highly addictive and will make you feel creatively better each time you use them. Do not color on an empty stomach (it jiggles too much and will be hard to color). Take with a glass of water (anything stronger will keep you awake and coloring longer).

Consult your LSS if you notice any of the following symptoms: Desire for more colors. Dryness of marker. Need for more stamps to color. Friends to tell about your addiction. Loss of appetite or sleep due to excessive coloring.
LOL! I've been reading through the thread and just came across this! So true!

I'm also addicted to Copics as Beachbound and Shell can attest. I have 3 cases that hold 36 each which is almost full, and after reading some of the posts, I think I need to order some more soon! I love Marianne's tutorials and some of the other links to different techniques. Thanks for posting all these things to help those of us like me that are just getting started.
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 02:45 PM   #993  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Are Spica's any better than the Sakura stardust pens?
Oh yes, WAY better! They have micro flakes of glass in the transparent pigment ink that make them SO sparkly and the clear is actually clear -- not like Stardust's that's actually silvery.

I just updated the Copic color chart -- the blank you that you color with your Copics -- with space for all the Spica glitter pen colors, including the ELEVEN new ones that are coming out in April! You can find it here:

http://paperfections.typepad.com/pap...a-glitter.html

Hope that helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 03:10 PM   #994  
Stampin' Fool

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by embellishedView Post
I use .3 and .1 for filling in stamped images.
Thanks so much for your help!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 03:13 PM   #995  
Stampin' Fool

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by gallcompView Post
In the long run it will be better to get the ABS 1 instead, it may cost a little bit more, but ou have the flexibility of using the biger aircans, or if you are on the move, the smaller one. Buying the ABS 2 may save you some bucks, but as soon as you need replacement aircans you will feel the $$ difference.
Thank you! I will check that out. Hmmmmmm, maybe that's the one that was out of stock! Probably why I did not look into that one! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 03:39 PM   #996  
Compulsive Stamper

Hey!
Does anyone know where I can get Copics for a good price in Canada? The shipping is killing me!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 03:43 PM   #997  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Is there any way I can be a Glitter King rather than a Glitter Queen?

Rusty
BWAH HA HA

You have to get your post count up so you can pick your own title (I think it's like 20,000??)

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right--Lincoln
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 03:45 PM   #998  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Is there any way I can be a Glitter King rather than a Glitter Queen?

Rusty
Well Rusty, it's all in how you present yourself. Just joking ... maybe Daven or a moderator can help you out. Or you could just post like crazy until you get the next designation.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 03:46 PM   #999  
Total Quack

Quote:

Originally Posted by nottoocreativeView Post
BWAH HA HA

You have to get your post count up so you can pick your own title (I think it's like 20,000??)

Ah... but if he'd only post about 3 more times, he'd not be a queen anymore ..........

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2009, 03:56 PM   #1000  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Last night I was cleaning up my room and found a set of 36 Bic Bark-Its that I had bought before jumping on the Copic bandwagon. So I decided to make a color chart to see what I had. OMGoodness! They gave me such a headache from the smell.

And then I tried to blend them with a Prisma colorless blender. The color didn't blend at all, it just smeared a little bit. Is this normal, or am I just that spoiled by my Copics??? LOL~
I've had the same trouble...well, the smell doesn't bother me, but with the blending. The blender doesn't work very well (although it did lighten the color somewhat). What I have done with my Bics is what that earlier blog suggested, which is to use something as a "palette" and color on it with the Bic, and then dip the lighter Copic into it to get the darker shade. It blends fine that way. I posted a pic earlier that showed this, although no one commented on it so it must have been pretty bad LOL
Although I do seem to get a lot of feathering, so I don't know if that's because of the Bics or not. I don't have enough Copic colors right now to be exclusive yet...should be here tomorrow according to the tracking...

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right--Lincoln
Reply With Quote Likes