Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-22-2009, 11:26 AM   #1241  
Forum Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by KEI PETERSENView Post
Could anyone shed some light. I bought my first copics and wanted to use them like you do the stamping up markers to color my stamps and stamp instead of using and ink pad. When I colored my acrylic stamps the copic went on great but when I stamped it , it stayed on the acrylic. I thought you could use these this way. I always get a better stamped image when I don't use a stamp pad. Help. Kei
You have to use the colorless blender on the paper before you stamp on it. Otherwise the Copics do dry very quickly on the rubber/acrylic...works like a charm if you "wet" the paper first with the blender!

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right”--Lincoln
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2009, 11:31 AM   #1242  
Glitter Queen

Yes I did huff and puff but it didn't work. Is the colorless blender a copic also? Does it not ruin your paper or leave a stain. I am new to this. Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2009, 11:39 AM   #1243  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by nottoocreativeView Post
You have to use the colorless blender on the paper before you stamp on it. Otherwise the Copics do dry very quickly on the rubber/acrylic...works like a charm if you "wet" the paper first with the blender!
Is the colorless blender made by copic? Also does it not ruin your paper or leave a stain? I am new at this what are the steps when doing this? Thanks Kei ([email protected])
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2009, 11:41 AM   #1244  
Die Cut Diva

Yes, the colorless blender is made by copic.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2009, 12:53 PM   #1245  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Could anyone shed some light. I bought my first copics and wanted to use them like you do the stamping up markers to color my stamps and stamp instead of using and ink pad. When I colored my acrylic stamps the copic went on great but when I stamped it , it stayed on the acrylic. I thought you could use these this way. I always get a better stamped image when I don't use a stamp pad. Help Email me at [email protected] Thanks Kei
There is a big difference in the way alcohol-based Copics work as opposed to dye-based markers like SU or Zig. Go to Marianne's blog to read all about the markers and what you can do with them. She has tons of tips, explanations and examples. But, in a nutshell here are two ways you could color on your stamp and then stamp the image:

1) spritz your stamp with Copic's Colorless blender to remoisten the ink before stamping
2) spritz the paper with Copic's Colorless blender to draw the ink onto the page.

I keep a mini mister filled with the Colorless blender in the holder w/ my Copics so it's always handy. There are lots of ways to use the blender too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2009, 01:18 PM   #1246  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappingrammaView Post
I've been stalking this thread for a few weeks now... all of you are very helpful. I have a total of 5 copics markers (boy am I a newbie or what? lol). My problem is finding a class to learn how to use them. I live in the land of no.. NOOOO... LSS. We have a Joann Fabric (no classes there), Michaels (cake decorating class only), I found an art supply/party supply store to purchase my copics (they had a very limited amount of them and no colorless blender). I had to purchase a prismacolor colorless blender that I don't really care for, the tip is too stiff.

My question is: Does anyone know of a class somewhere in West Palm Beach, the treasure coast, the space coast, or the Orlando area?
There's a nice and easy-to-read tutorial in the MFT forum. It's in the sub-forum HTDT (How'd They Do That?) and it's very helpful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2009, 01:21 PM   #1247  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Yes I did huff and puff but it didn't work. Is the colorless blender a copic also? Does it not ruin your paper or leave a stain. I am new to this. Thanks
It won't work if you "remoisten" with water, like the SU markers.

You need to remoisten with a spritzer filled with colorless blender fluid.

HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2009, 01:28 PM   #1248  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by gallcompView Post
You may have answered this before but, what kind of paper do you use? That may be an issue as well.
I've been using 80# Gina K PL. The Momento ink is bleeding when I am coloring. Granted, I use quite a bit of ink, I get my image "juicy" as that is what you're supposed to do. I went to the copic class and found that I wasn't using enough ink to really color my images evenly. I color in small circles and for the first time using this paper, the ink feathered too!! It was not a good day. Anyhow, I let the Momento sit over night and I colored it without ill effect the next day. Actually, it feathered a little bit, but not as much as with GP. I may need to try PTI white. I just liked the idea that I was saving some ink using the PL. My images have been a little blotchy with the PL and I'm wondering if I got a bad batch or if it's supposed to look like that. I have emailed Gina and asked if it was normal. If you look at this post on my blog, you can see an up close image of the turtle. The blotchyness you see is what it looks like IRL. It's so weird!! The PL didn't do this to me at first. I might be jinxed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2009, 01:56 PM   #1249  
Forum Fanatic

I couldn't really see any blotchiness, perhaps the image was too small? But it looked great to me!
I'm bummed to hear about the GinaK paper, though, since everyone else seems to have good luck with it; my luck it will bleed and feather on me, too
Quote:

Originally Posted by deborahmeganView Post
I've been using 80# Gina K PL. The Momento ink is bleeding when I am coloring. Granted, I use quite a bit of ink, I get my image "juicy" as that is what you're supposed to do. I went to the copic class and found that I wasn't using enough ink to really color my images evenly. I color in small circles and for the first time using this paper, the ink feathered too!! It was not a good day. Anyhow, I let the Momento sit over night and I colored it without ill effect the next day. Actually, it feathered a little bit, but not as much as with GP. I may need to try PTI white. I just liked the idea that I was saving some ink using the PL. My images have been a little blotchy with the PL and I'm wondering if I got a bad batch or if it's supposed to look like that. I have emailed Gina and asked if it was normal. If you look at this post on my blog, you can see an up close image of the turtle. The blotchyness you see is what it looks like IRL. It's so weird!! The PL didn't do this to me at first. I might be jinxed.

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right”--Lincoln
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2009, 03:11 PM   #1250  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

I couldn't really see any blotchiness, perhaps the image was too small? But it looked great to me!
I'm bummed to hear about the GinaK paper, though, since everyone else seems to have good luck with it; my luck it will bleed and feather on me, too
I seriously think I'm the only one with the problem! I don't want to misrepresent this product at all!! I love her products and genuinely think this is great paper!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2009, 04:49 PM   #1251  
Rubber Obsessor

I kind of have an Oozak "boooo". I didn't have $50 worth of items to purchase, so free shipping was out. I didn't finish my order because shipping would have been almost 10.00 to ship a few markers! I figured it would be just as expensive as buying a few Ciaos at a local store. Has anyone else found their shipping high?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2009, 08:56 PM   #1252  
Polyshrink Goddess

Here's my newest copic cards:

Tulip

Bellas Hug

If I had to pick my very favorite toys, it would most certainly be my little baby copics. Coloring with them just makes me smile. grin.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2009, 05:01 AM   #1253  
Forum Fanatic

A couple of mine, not cards just images...
I only posted Cruiseabella to show the trouble I have with sky! too too dark, so I used the blender but still too dark
CE is on the windshield (and Riley's glasses), silver pen on the chrome areas, and white gel pen on the white part of the car (and to highlight the apple, glasses).
I like how Tractor Riley's face turned out, but it seems like I did the same thing on the other ones and it didn't look the same! I'm wondering if it's because it's slightly larger so there's more room to blend...or maybe it's just me! LOL I used Bics on the tractor itself to get the darker colors, which I haven't received yet in Copics
Attached Thumbnails
Copic Chatter-copic-cruiseabella.jpg   Copic Chatter-copic-teach-riley.jpg   Copic Chatter-copic-tractor-riley.jpg  

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2009, 05:04 AM   #1254  
Insane Embellisher

Hey I just found a new source for copics. They are cheap, they actually have markers in stock, and shipping is only $4.99 int he US. Check them out! www.icopic.com !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2009, 05:07 AM   #1255  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

A couple of mine, not cards just images...
I only posted Cruiseabella to show the trouble I have with sky! too too dark, so I used the blender but still too dark
CE is on the windshield (and Riley's glasses), silver pen on the chrome areas, and white gel pen on the white part of the car (and to highlight the apple, glasses).
I like how Tractor Riley's face turned out, but it seems like I did the same thing on the other ones and it didn't look the same! I'm wondering if it's because it's slightly larger so there's more room to blend...or maybe it's just me! LOL I used Bics on the tractor itself to get the darker colors, which I haven't received yet in Copics
Nice work. I can see on the Cruiseabella image that you kinda used too much ink on the sky as it look all wrinkled.

The tractor is just great, and don't worry if they don't look the same, just keep practicing...

As I mentioned at the beginning, NICE WORK...

| Copic Certified Designer | ~ My Blog -CopicArt.com~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2009, 05:10 AM   #1256  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrina+2View Post
Hey I just found a new source for copics. They are cheap, they actually have markers in stock, and shipping is only $4.99 int he US. Check them out! www.icopic.com !
At this point (this week only) Oozak, and Carpe diem are still a lot cheaper than them, but on the 1st of march they will have the same price, and I didn't quite see too much variety.

| Copic Certified Designer | ~ My Blog -CopicArt.com~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2009, 05:41 AM   #1257  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Nice work. I can see on the Cruiseabella image that you kinda used too much ink on the sky as it look all wrinkled.

The tractor is just great, and don't worry if they don't look the same, just keep practicing...

As I mentioned at the beginning, NICE WORK...
Thank you so much! You are right about the sky, that was from using the Colorless Blender to lighten it...A LOT! LOL
Any tips on making a sky without coloring the whole area like that? (besides the airbrush LOL) I just wanted to show that it was a nice sunny day, and set off the car from the background...but I didn't know where to stop until I hit the edge of the image.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2009, 06:04 AM   #1258  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Thank you so much! You are right about the sky, that was from using the Colorless Blender to lighten it...A LOT! LOL
Any tips on making a sky without coloring the whole area like that? (besides the airbrush LOL) I just wanted to show that it was a nice sunny day, and set off the car from the background...but I didn't know where to stop until I hit the edge of the image.
I don'y know if this helps, but you could try using a duster brush and ink pad to make "sky" and "grass" until you decide if you want to invest in the air brush system.

Here a link to what I do with mine... in case it helps...

http://papergardenprojects.com/blog/...for-christmas/

My site: Paper Garden Projects
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2009, 06:13 AM   #1259  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

At this point (this week only) Oozak, and Carpe diem are still a lot cheaper than them, but on the 1st of march they will have the same price, and I didn't quite see too much variety.
Cheaper is always better, but if the stock isn't available, price doesn't matter. I know I've been searching Oozak for weeks now and everytime they only have 3-4 markers instock. I would loved to have jumped in on their price before the increase. Especially with the new shipping detials Rusty posted here. I'll have to check out CarpeDiem as well. Thanks for sharing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2009, 06:21 AM   #1260  
First To Quack

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom0fgirlsView Post
I don'y know if this helps, but you could try using a duster brush and ink pad to make "sky" and "grass" until you decide if you want to invest in the air brush system.

Here a link to what I do with mine... in case it helps...

http://papergardenprojects.com/blog/...for-christmas/
Great idea to save ink!

Cards from the Cabana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2009, 06:22 AM   #1261  
Glitter Guru

Cheaper is always better, but if the stock isn't available, price doesn't matter.

Exactly! I (and a million other people, apparently) have been trying to get a full set of the SU-compatible Sketches, and the colors I need to blend them. Every time I go to Oozak, the first 6-8 markers I pull up are out of stock. I admit I haven't gone much further than that.

There's no point in paying shipping, or in missing out on free shipping, to buy 4 markers at a time -- assuming I can catch a site that has even four of the SU-compatible colors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2009, 07:28 AM   #1262  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOtherMegView Post
Cheaper is always better, but if the stock isn't available, price doesn't matter.

Exactly! I (and a million other people, apparently) have been trying to get a full set of the SU-compatible Sketches, and the colors I need to blend them. Every time I go to Oozak, the first 6-8 markers I pull up are out of stock. I admit I haven't gone much further than that.

There's no point in paying shipping, or in missing out on free shipping, to buy 4 markers at a time -- assuming I can catch a site that has even four of the SU-compatible colors.
Try creativeplaystamps...they have excellent service, and almost ALL the markers are in stock. They also give free shipping on $50! What I have done is order all I can find from Oozak and then finish off the order at creativeplaystamps. Plus they have a lot of other stamping supplies to fill in any gaps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2009, 09:08 AM   #1263  
Die Cut Diva

Is there much of a difference between B000 and B00?? Is it a good idea to have both??

Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2009, 09:28 AM   #1264  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-BoView Post
Is there much of a difference between B000 and B00?? Is it a good idea to have both??

Thanks
I don't have both, and have never felt the need for the B00...so whether it's a good idea or not, is up to you...depending on what you color, etc.

As far as the question on if anyone needs two similar colors...I think it's all relative to how many total markers you have. If you have 30 markers...NO do not buy anything that's nearly identical to another color you have...if you have 150...maybe buy all the shades of the colors you use most...if you are going for broke...I mean an entire collection...then yeah you need the ones that are very similar.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2009, 09:58 AM   #1265  
Die Cut Diva

Do we have any idea when Oozak's is getting another shipment?? before the price change by any chance??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2009, 10:04 AM   #1266  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Do we have any idea when Oozak's is getting another shipment?? before the price change by any chance??
Their site does say they expect shipments this week...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2009, 10:15 AM   #1267  
Polyshrink Goddess

Don't forget about copicmarkers.com... I got a CUSTOM set of 72 , so I picked out what I wanted. It was only 4.15 a marker, which was worth it to get almost all of the ones I wanted., and the shipping was free, too. They were only out of 2 colors, and I was able to get almost all of the SU! matches. I recently ordered from carpediem (free shipping after $50 also) to finish my matches. I have never ordered from Oozak, sorry, I don't have time to sort through so many out of stocks....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2009, 10:43 AM   #1268  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saucy1View Post
I kind of have an Oozak "boooo". I didn't have $50 worth of items to purchase, so free shipping was out. I didn't finish my order because shipping would have been almost 10.00 to ship a few markers! I figured it would be just as expensive as buying a few Ciaos at a local store. Has anyone else found their shipping high?
I know somewhere they posted that they will be offering First Class Mail as an option so shipping wouldn't be so high for a few markers. But honestly, no one really ships for cheap.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2009, 10:44 AM   #1269  
Die Cut Diva

I'm a little more limited as I am in Canada and there are a number of places that won't ship to me or the shipping is so high it's not worth me ordering. Carpe Diem doesn't ship to Canada at this time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2009, 10:45 AM   #1270  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparkplug17View Post
I know somewhere they posted that they will be offering First Class Mail as an option so shipping wouldn't be so high for a few markers. But honestly, no one really ships for cheap.
The will do First Class now if you ask them...they just don't have it loaded in their system to do it automatically yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2009, 10:47 AM   #1271  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I'm a little more limited as I am in Canada and there are a number of places that won't ship to me or the shipping is so high it's not worth me ordering. Carpe Diem doesn't ship to Canada at this time.
Ship to me and I'll ship to you...

I have sent a dozen Copics to Canada before and it was about $6.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2009, 11:09 AM   #1272  
Die Cut Diva

That's sweet of you Cher, thank you. I will keep that in mind for sure
especially for paper
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2009, 11:10 AM   #1273  
Die Cut Diva

Cher did you say that you have a link on your blog with your most used Copic colours??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2009, 11:14 AM   #1274  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Cher did you say that you have a link on your blog with your most used Copic colours??
I do...well they are the ones I would start out with...or keep if I could only have like 25...

http://papercanoes.blogspot.com/2009...th-copics.html

And anytime on the shipping...I really don't mind! In fact I often need stuff from somewhere so if it helps me get free shipping to my house, I am glad to re-pack and ship to Cananda.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2009, 11:19 AM   #1275  
Die Cut Diva

Another quick question Cher. I don't know if you use pink cat studio stamps but what colours would you suggest to get Lily's red hair....I want to do her hair similiar to these:

http://www.pinkcatstudio.com/Stamps/...ly_Tweet_1.htm

Thanks for all your help Cher...you are a gem!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2009, 11:36 AM   #1276  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Another quick question Cher. I don't know if you use pink cat studio stamps but what colours would you suggest to get Lily's red hair....I want to do her hair similiar to these:

http://www.pinkcatstudio.com/Stamps/...ly_Tweet_1.htm

Thanks for all your help Cher...you are a gem!
Jut by staring at the hair...on my computer...I would guess R08...it seems to have a slighty orange tint...but it's really hard to tell.

Maybe someone who has done some samples can tell you which ones they use for her hair.

And you're welcome...though I am not much help on this one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2009, 11:48 AM   #1277  
Creative Director - My Favorite Things
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Just wanted to say ya'll are bad, bad, bad! LOL

I happened upon this thread and read about the price increase. Nothing gets me moving more than a "sale". LOL SO... I called Carpe Diem because I cannot stand back orders (instant gratification is a killer) and they told me they have ALL their markers in stock. So I started shopping. And then I saw the "PTI" matches, and added some more. Then, I pulled out my color chart and chose some "blenders" for my existing collection.

I just added 33 to my collection. LOL I think I am at just under 200 now. When I told hubby about it, he suggested I complete my set since they are going up in price. I am contemplating getting a couple more OR switching some of my Ciaos for Sketch. A have a mix of the 2, but the number not being on the end drives me nuts! Hmmmm, if I read this thread much longer, I'll probably put in another order by the end of the day! LMAO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2009, 12:35 PM   #1278  
Compulsive Stamper

Send a message via Skype™ to oozak.com

Quote:

Anything like this planned for us Canadians Rusty

Thanks!
sorry for the delayed response. This is the first chance I have had to login since Friday

Yes. i plan on being able to offer the Small Flat Rate Box throught the mail for $5.00 for orders between $50 and $100. FCM Int'l is still a little risky for markers. We amy do a trial once the other are in place.

Rusty @ Oozak
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2009, 12:48 PM   #1279  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjbappView Post
Try creativeplaystamps...they have excellent service, and almost ALL the markers are in stock. They also give free shipping on $50! What I have done is order all I can find from Oozak and then finish off the order at creativeplaystamps. Plus they have a lot of other stamping supplies to fill in any gaps!

Just put in an order with them! THeir shipping is an incredible price for Canadians!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2009, 02:08 PM   #1280  
First To Quack

Ladies, I'm just saying good-bye...this thread has cost me too much money! LOL!!! I must be satified with what I have! We should have called this 'The Buy More Copics' thread!

Cards from the Cabana
Reply With Quote Likes