Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-03-2012, 12:06 PM   #961  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,087 Likes on 866 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibalady12View Post
hi y'all.

brenda i agree multiple bd parties. one the weekend before and one the weekend after .

I got my craft room pics loaded and made 2 cards that havent been posted yet . so if you get a chance come take a look

Y'all have a great weekend

I hope you'll be able to resolve your computer/browser issues

peace and blessings
brandy
I couldn't find the photos of your craft room. :confused:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2012, 12:09 PM   #962  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishymomView Post
Hello all, happy Saturday! I think I have visited most of your blogs and I am going to add a group blog roll on my blog. Is there an up-to-date list of group members or should I just add people who posted on this thread in May? Also, I read through most of this thread and saw that there were challenges for this group. I don't know if this is ongoing, but I am doing an Inspirational Quote Challenge if anyone is interested. Here are the basic details:

This week I am going to choose a quote each day for an Inspiration Challenge. I will post the quote on my blog each evening and try to make the card the next day. I would love to have you guys join me in this mini challenge. If you do choose to take part, just let me know and I will link to your project on my blog.

Today�s quote is:

�Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.� Mother Teresa

More on this blog post, Inspirational Quote Challenge.
That sounds like a great challenge. Not sure I can do that on a daily basis, but I may stop by once in awhile and check it out.

I think I'm way off on the challenges. I find it hard to keep up with the list. I think we need to have a post with just all the challenges in it that keeps getting refreshed so we'll only have one place to go check things out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2012, 12:09 PM   #963  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01View Post
I accidentally deleted my subscription to this thread! I thought I was clicking on "reading thread" in my e-mail. OOOPPPPS! I am back with ya now.
Ooops - glad you found your way back. :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2012, 12:13 PM   #964  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

So I survived the birthday party weekend for my daughter. @ Kelly - it was exhausting! LOL but at least I have tonight and tomorrow to relax. She turned 11 years old. I remember that day like it was yesterday and as I did two months of bed rest in the hospital! It was a long two months in the hospital but she was worth it all. Needless to say she is an only child. LOL!!Also, thanks Kelly for the blog roll. I am going to attempt to add it to my blog. I will let you all know if I need pointers. I am off to give it a try. I am very excited to be part of this group. I already feel as if I have learned alot.@ Soni - I got your message and I will look into the e-mail issue. I will also try to message you back thru SplitCoast Stamper. Anyone know how I get a button that says Splitcoast stampers?
Oh, I'm glad you survived the initial "birth" day. I can understand why you have decided not to go there again. ;) So glad that you all had a fun time this weekend.

I'll read forward and see if Kelly answered your question about the SCS button. She is the one who sent it to me and had to walk me through getting it on my blog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2012, 12:16 PM   #965  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hi Everyone! @ Francie - I have had no luck with the SCS logo. I can create the link but cannot get the image to transfer. I am taking a break from it and will try again later. Anyone have any suggestions? I am using a PC and blogger. Thanks! Also thanks to all those that have me linked to their blog and are following mine. I appreciate it.
I still need to get the Newbies added to my blog roll. Hopefully, I'll get to do that tonight. I still have to get my card done for PSC this Wednesday. I need to have it done and uploaded by tomorrow night and I haven't even started on it yet. I have a digi image that I need to use, so I need to get that printed off and work on this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2012, 04:09 PM   #966  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi! Well I am getting much closer to getting the SCS on my blog. I am having trouble downloading the picture though. Any tips for that? Thanks so much for all of your help!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #967  
Glitter Guru

Hi Brenda, I had a hard time with that also. I am on a Mac and had to save it to my computer and then upload it to the image widget from my computer. Once I got the photo uploaded to the widget on my sidebar, I just added the URL.

My Brand Spankin' New Blog InkyPalms
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2012, 04:37 PM   #968  
Pearl-ExPert

I am having trouble even uploading the photo:( and am not sure why that is.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2012, 04:49 PM   #969  
Pearl-ExPert

WOO-HOO!! I finally got it to work!!!!!! Can you all hear my WOO-HOO! LOL I am so happy I got it to work. Thanks to everyone for their help! I needed it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2012, 04:51 PM   #970  
Kookie Creator

I am having trouble deciding if I want to do video Tutorials on my newly created blog, or do just photos. In recent months ( more than 6-8 now ) I have had trouble downloading photos ( I did not have trouble when I first downloaded photo to my SCS gallery ) on SCS......ALTHOUGH dowloading photos on SCS has nothing to do with downloading photos on my blog, I am wondering if I will have problems downloading photos or videos to my personal blog ....and this is why it has takem me so long to decide what I want to do.

Below is my new blog address.....hope it is enjoyed by all who view it !

Jacqueline / Sugar

Sugar's Smilin Paper Crafts

Redcaboose1717
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2012, 05:04 PM   #971  
Stampin' Fool

Heart update

Maggie,sorry about the link to my craft room. i broke the link. it should be working now .

Francie, sorry I havent gotten you added yet . but I will ASAP.

Brenda and Francie, the button on your blog is HTML. you can use this code for the functionality but the image part you'll need to save it and enter the path where it is . . in blogger you'll need a gadget, choose html/java script

this is mine
<center> href=//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=332865(this part opens your SCS gallery page)
target ="_blank"> src="[IMG]http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh527/ibalady/scs001_badge2_1.jpg";/>
</center> (this points to where the image is )
you want to be sure and leave out the parenthesis otherwise it posts "(this is where the image is). it happened to me. i didnt figure it would make a difference....hehe
hope this helps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2012, 05:07 PM   #972  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hi! Well I am getting much closer to getting the SCS on my blog. I am having trouble downloading the picture though. Any tips for that? Thanks so much for all of your help!!
Where are you getting the picture from? I just usually right click on an image and choose "Save image as" and then just save it to My Pictures on my computer, then I just have to get it when I'm on my blog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #973  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

WOO-HOO!! I finally got it to work!!!!!! Can you all hear my WOO-HOO! LOL I am so happy I got it to work. Thanks to everyone for their help! I needed it.
So glad that you got it worked out! Yeah!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2012, 05:11 PM   #974  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maggie,sorry about the link to my craft room. i broke the link. it should be working now .

Francie, sorry I havent gotten you added yet . but I will ASAP.

Brenda and Francie, the button on your blog is HTML. you can use this code for the functionality but the image part you'll need to save it and enter the path where it is . . in blogger you'll need a gadget, choose html/java script

this is mine
<center> href=//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=332865(this part opens your SCS gallery page)
target ="_blank"> src="[IMG]http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh527/ibalady/scs001_badge2_1.jpg";/>
</center> (this points to where the image is )
you want to be sure and leave out the parenthesis otherwise it posts "(this is where the image is). it happened to me. i didnt figure it would make a difference....hehe
hope this helps
Brandy - your blog address in your signature is wrong also. It needs to be ibalady's gallery blog You forgot to put the "www." in there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2012, 05:16 PM   #975  
Glitter Guru

Yay Brenda, so glad you got it to work!

My Brand Spankin' New Blog InkyPalms
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2012, 05:17 PM   #976  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by redcaboose1717View Post
I am having trouble deciding if I want to do video Tutorials on my newly created blog, or do just photos. In recent months ( more than 6-8 now ) I have had trouble downloading photos ( I did not have trouble when I first downloaded photo to my SCS gallery ) on SCS......ALTHOUGH dowloading photos on SCS has nothing to do with downloading photos on my blog, I am wondering if I will have problems downloading photos or videos to my personal blog ....and this is why it has takem me so long to decide what I want to do.

Below is my new blog address.....hope it is enjoyed by all who view it !

Jacqueline / Sugar

Sugar's Smilin Paper Crafts
Hi Jacqueline. This is a blogging group. Were you wanting to join or were you just looking for some advice as to what to do about your video/tutorials?

I guess it depends on what your are videoing whether that is better than photos. I do projects for Bowdabra every month and we do photo tutorials. I'd love to do a video some time, but I don't have a video camera and it would be rather difficult to do one using my digital camera.

You do have a nice blog. Thanks for stopping by.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2012, 05:49 PM   #977  
Kookie Creator

Default I am sorry

I am so sorry....I didn't realize this was a private group. For several months I have received e-mails from this group,I am honestly not sure howo this came about.
I did not know it was a group, I am really sorry for posting.

Jacqueline

Redcaboose1717
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2012, 06:11 PM   #978  
Stampin' Fool

Heart

Maggie, thanks for the note about my sig....while I have your attention , what is the current challenge @PSC? the special man or anything goes with sentiment

see y'all in the am
Gnite
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #979  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Maggie, thanks for the note about my sig....while I have your attention , what is the current challenge @PSC? the special man or anything goes with sentiment

see y'all in the am
Gnite
It's Anything Goes with a Sentiment. It's open until Tuesday.

I just finished up my card that will go on the Challenge Blog on Wednesday. I was surprised how quickly it went together. Only took about 2 1/2 hours. ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2012, 08:05 PM   #980  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by redcaboose1717View Post
I am so sorry....I didn't realize this was a private group. For several months I have received e-mails from this group,I am honestly not sure howo this came about.
I did not know it was a group, I am really sorry for posting.

Jacqueline
No problem Jacqueline. Maybe you posted sometime back about wanting to join and then just never did. We've been trying to figure out who actually is still in this group. Would love to have you join us if that is what you want to do. Just take a look at the rules on the 1st post and let us know if you want to be a part of the group.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2012, 04:55 AM   #981  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey Jacqueline, it looks like you posted a ways back (post #274) that you were interested in joining but were waiting for your blog to get finished.

Since you posted to the thread, that usually automatically subscribes you and email updates are automatically generated and sent to you unless you change the settings under "My Subscriptions."

I am sure you can still join! Just do what Maggie suggested and come back and post if you are still interested.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2012, 09:39 AM   #982  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 121 Posts

Quote:

Whooo Hoooo! back atchya! :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2012, 09:43 AM   #983  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhagenView Post
Hey Jacqueline, it looks like you posted a ways back (post #274) that you were interested in joining but were waiting for your blog to get finished.

Since you posted to the thread, that usually automatically subscribes you and email updates are automatically generated and sent to you unless you change the settings under "My Subscriptions."

I am sure you can still join! Just do what Maggie suggested and come back and post if you are still interested.
Yep... what Maggie and Nancy said! We have a couple spots open. Unfortunately, I can't change that on the subject line to let people know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2012, 09:46 AM   #984  
Stazon Splitcoast

I had hoped to update my blog today. I am feeling better. But so is the 4yr old LOL. It might be tonight after she goes to bed but I do have a card to post.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2012, 11:19 AM   #985  
Rubber Obsessor

Are there still spots for this?

Thanks, Nicole

Coloring in Pajamas
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2012, 02:19 PM   #986  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by meepleloverView Post
Are there still spots for this?

Thanks, Nicole

Coloring in Pajamas
Hi Nicole.

Yes, we have 1 spot left for sure. Step up and tell us a bit about you. If you want to play, I'll add you to the blog roll as soon as you post :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2012, 02:35 PM   #987  
Stazon Splitcoast

Whooo Hoooo! I finally got my blog updated.

Thank you for those of you who've left comments on old cards. My granddaughter's patience of grandma being occupied elsewhere is wearing thin but I'll get to your blogs and update my blog roll asap.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2012, 03:19 PM   #988  
Rubber Obsessor

Hello, my name is Nicole. I have been papercrafting for about 6 years, but only got into coloring about 2 years ago. I love copics and love digital stamps. I hope I am still eligible to join.

Here is my blog Coloring in Pajamas

I just started it about 1 week ago. I have put myself into the Kenny K's competition to be a design member, so any support is greatly appreciated. I look forward to checking out all your sites aswell.

Nicole!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2012, 03:41 PM   #989  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hello, my name is Nicole. I have been papercrafting for about 6 years, but only got into coloring about 2 years ago. I love copics and love digital stamps. I hope I am still eligible to join.

I just started it about 1 week ago. I have put myself into the Kenny K's competition to be a design member, so any support is greatly appreciated. I look forward to checking out all your sites aswell.

Nicole!
Hi Nicole! Welcome to the group. My name is Maggie. I've been blogging for almost a year now. I just love coloring also and just took the Copic Intermediate Certification class a couple weeks ago.

I just found digitals about 5 months ago and fell in love with them. You will fit right in. We all do our creating in our own way. It's great to get inspiration from one another. Checked out your blog and your cards are fabulous. Good luck with the DT.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2012, 05:01 PM   #990  
Pearl-ExPert

Merry Monday everyone! I hope you all had a good day! I was shopping AND shopping today! I love to shop so it was the perfect day for me. LOL Back to work tomorrow. I hope to post a card in the next day or two. Take care.:p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2012, 05:09 PM   #991  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Nicole!
That's great Nicole. Putting yourself out there can be tough. I have just been given a new writing deadline... due Wed. night. Aka I have 2 days to polish the first chapter of my novel. Eeeeks! And the help of a active 4 year old LOL.

I'll get you added to the blogroll either tomorrow or Wed. morning as I don't write in the mornings.
Welcome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2012, 05:10 PM   #992  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Merry Monday everyone! I hope you all had a good day! I was shopping AND shopping today! I love to shop so it was the perfect day for me. LOL Back to work tomorrow. I hope to post a card in the next day or two. Take care.:p
Buy anything crafty? :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2012, 06:39 PM   #993  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
Hi Nicole! Welcome to the group. My name is Maggie. I've been blogging for almost a year now. I just love coloring also and just took the Copic Intermediate Certification class a couple weeks ago.

I just found digitals about 5 months ago and fell in love with them. You will fit right in. We all do our creating in our own way. It's great to get inspiration from one another. Checked out your blog and your cards are fabulous. Good luck with the DT.
Thanks everyone for all the encouragement!

Maggie, where did you take Copic class. Did you have to travel for it and did you like it? I was very excited they were coming to our small city when normally I've only seen them go to Calgary, AB for them.

Well, off for now... I'll check out everyone's blogs within a few days.

And good luck with the pages submission Kelly!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2012, 06:50 PM   #994  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Thanks everyone for all the encouragement!

Maggie, where did you take Copic class. Did you have to travel for it and did you like it? I was very excited they were coming to our small city when normally I've only seen them go to Calgary, AB for them.

Well, off for now... I'll check out everyone's blogs within a few days.

And good luck with the pages submission Kelly!
I did have to travel since I wanted to take it right away. When I took the Standard Class, I went to San Antonio. I live on Houston, Texas. About a year later, they had a class here in Houston and I went ahead and did a retake. That was last year. This year they had the Intermediate Class in Dallas. It was 4 1/2 hour drive. I went up on Friday, class was on Saturday, and I stayed over til Sunday and drove back. I did meet up with a GF that I chat with here on SCS, so that was really nice. Colleen Schaan taught the class. She was super. She told me that they are going to have an Intermediate class here in Houston in the Fall. Not sure if I will do a retake then or not. I loved the class. There was so much to be covered and I think I'm still learning. My biggest hangup is doing the shading and shadows. We learned about design and lighting and a ton of other stuff. The big thing is to practice and more practice. If you have the chance sign up and do it quick. The Dallas class filled up in 4 hours!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2012, 07:08 PM   #995  
Rubber Obsessor

I had considered going to Calgary and that was going to be a 8 hours jaunt, but then chose against it. So glad that I did since it came to us! There were many travelers in my class from surrounding towns and cities though.

I got to take both classes back to back. I am not sure if I would do it again cause it seemed to busy with not enough time to build on skills. But I am glad I did it cause I met some wonderful people there and they are the reasons why I am even attempting the Kenny K DT challenge and created a blog! It's has been a whirwhind of an adventure learning how to create a blog, shrink pictures, hahaha take decent pictures and everything else. It's been very fun and creative.

Well, it was nice meeting you , Maggie, I am off to bed.

I have one question for the group before I go. Will page one have all the blogs to follow? I don't want to miss anyone.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2012, 05:14 AM   #996  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning Nicole.

Until we can get in contact with Michelle, I will have the blog roll on Post# and will periodically post a reminder link to keep it near the top. If I don't hear from Michelle soon, I'll see about getting the thread heading changed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2012, 05:23 AM   #997  
Stazon Splitcoast

We officially have 1 spot left open. Unless I hear otherwise from Michelle I'm locking it down at 15. More than that is just too much to try and keep up with and still manage our own blogs IMO.

Here is a link to the blog list. I'll try to post the link to the top of the page periodically until we're locked in to everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2012, 05:24 AM   #998  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm not going to get my blog updated with the list until later in the week. I have today and tomorrow morning (I think) to get the first chapter of my manuscript to the editor by the deadline. Then I'll get everyone added.

Happy Stamping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2012, 06:22 AM   #999  
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Paper Bloggers.

Nicole - that is great that you were able to take both classes together. Then you won't have to wait for the second class to come back to your area although they do throw a lot at you all at once and it does take some time to assimilate all that into the brain. :rolleyes: I'm still learning each day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-05-2012, 08:09 PM   #1000  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks Kelly for the updated list!

I think I need to add Nicole - Welcome!

As well as check that my sidebar is current!!
Reply With Quote Likes