Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-18-2012, 04:35 AM   #1121  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats to your design team membership!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2012, 05:57 AM   #1122  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,104 Likes on 879 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkdisneychick01View Post
@ Maggie I got the gypsy manual online and printed it out. I have also watched some tutorials on how to use it. I still have to look at the manual every time I use it though. I need to use it more often.
That's a good idea. I can punch it and put it in a binder. Maybe then I'll use the Gypsy more often.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2012, 05:58 AM   #1123  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by meepleloverView Post
Yea, I just won some stamps from Country Bumpkin. How cool is that? I am soooo excited!
How fun! Congrats! I have not heard of them before, but I'm going to check them out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2012, 05:59 AM   #1124  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishymomView Post
Congrats, new stamps are so fun! And it doesn't get better than free! I have just made my rounds and some of you have been very busy! I finished my 100in100 Challenge on Sunday and will spend today straightening up my studio, I have a new toy coming today and need to make room. I finally made the decision to sell my Cricut Expression and cartridges and after much research, decided to purchase a Silhouette Cameo with the Designer Edition software. I hope the learning curve is not too steep, this old brain of mine doesn't catch on as quick as it used to! Have a great week y'all!
Wow! A Silhouette. How fantastic. I really don't have any idea about how it works, but I've seen them talked about online and I'm sure you will get the hang of it soon. What a fun new toy to play with.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2012, 06:01 AM   #1125  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by acreativechickView Post
Good Morning Ladies!

As for scanning vs photos. I mostly take pictures as I feel I can do more with the photos. Maybe because my scanner is slower than an old turtle and that just drives me nuts.

As for the Gypsy and Silhouette, I once owned the Silhouette but I never really "got into it" so I sold it. Now I'm kind of kicking myself because scrapbooking is coming back into my life and I love the look of the words all together. But, such is life. For now, my Cricit and Cuddlebug will have to make me happy.

I'm off to visit your blogs and leave some love. I did post a sweet little project I did this week.

Oh....AND....I got onto a design team. Not officially announced yet so more information coming soon.
Congrats on the DT Michelle. Can't wait to hear all about it and see what you'll be creating. I know it's going to be fabulous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2012, 10:01 AM   #1126  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 121 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
I checked it out. That's so fabulous that you'll be able to do that. Wish I could better divide up my time so I could get some scrapbooking in during the week or month! Hope you get to where you want to me. How long will the MIL be staying with you?
Only a week. I don't mind her visiting. We get along well. It's just the cutting into my work/ creative time. Though I have been known to pull my creative stuff out onto the dining room table and play while we visit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2012, 10:03 AM   #1127  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by meepleloverView Post
Yea, I just won some stamps from Country Bumpkin. How cool is that? I am soooo excited!
Pretty cool, Nic! Go you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2012, 10:05 AM   #1128  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishymomView Post
Congrats, new stamps are so fun! And it doesn't get better than free! I have just made my rounds and some of you have been very busy! I finished my 100in100 Challenge on Sunday and will spend today straightening up my studio, I have a new toy coming today and need to make room. I finally made the decision to sell my Cricut Expression and cartridges and after much research, decided to purchase a Silhouette Cameo with the Designer Edition software. I hope the learning curve is not too steep, this old brain of mine doesn't catch on as quick as it used to! Have a great week y'all!
Let us know how you like it. I thought about it before buying my Cricut (I have the middle one)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2012, 10:07 AM   #1129  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Good Morning Ladies!

As for scanning vs photos. I mostly take pictures as I feel I can do more with the photos. Maybe because my scanner is slower than an old turtle and that just drives me nuts.

As for the Gypsy and Silhouette, I once owned the Silhouette but I never really "got into it" so I sold it. Now I'm kind of kicking myself because scrapbooking is coming back into my life and I love the look of the words all together. But, such is life. For now, my Cricit and Cuddlebug will have to make me happy.

I'm off to visit your blogs and leave some love. I did post a sweet little project I did this week.

Oh....AND....I got onto a design team. Not officially announced yet so more information coming soon.
That's awesome, Michelle. Will be looking forward to your breaking news.

You know you can 'solder' your letters together with the Design Studio to use with your cricut.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2012, 06:56 AM   #1130  
Rubber Obsessor

Good Morning everyone! We can finally breathe again here in New England. The humidity has been horrible. I can tell by how my hair has been behaving as I've been wearing bandanas for close to a week straight. I'm actually out on my new deck enjoying a nice breeze and the peace and quiet of the outskirts of the city. LIFE IS GOOD!

You know, I did at one time have that Design Studio for the Cricut. I think I'm going to have to invest in another at some point. I think I sold mine at a yard sale years ago. Crazy how our tastes change and then go back to the old ways. LOL

Tomorrow I'm meeting with a childhood friend who does motivational speaking. We are considering doing a collaboration of sorts in the fall that would include art. If you were to attend a workshop and could have him speak, would you enjoy topics such as focusing, time management, being authentically you, learning how to not compare yourself to others in this world of social media? What other topics would be good? I'd really like to get your feedback.

Well, I'm off to unpack some more boxes in my studio. I am thrilled to have a class I'm teaching tomorrow night so I'd like for my studio to be all set up. Happy day to you all!

Michelle Hill Designs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2012, 07:10 AM   #1131  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Good Morning everyone! We can finally breathe again here in New England. The humidity has been horrible. I can tell by how my hair has been behaving as I've been wearing bandanas for close to a week straight. I'm actually out on my new deck enjoying a nice breeze and the peace and quiet of the outskirts of the city. LIFE IS GOOD!

You know, I did at one time have that Design Studio for the Cricut. I think I'm going to have to invest in another at some point. I think I sold mine at a yard sale years ago. Crazy how our tastes change and then go back to the old ways. LOL

Tomorrow I'm meeting with a childhood friend who does motivational speaking. We are considering doing a collaboration of sorts in the fall that would include art. If you were to attend a workshop and could have him speak, would you enjoy topics such as focusing, time management, being authentically you, learning how to not compare yourself to others in this world of social media? What other topics would be good? I'd really like to get your feedback.

Well, I'm off to unpack some more boxes in my studio. I am thrilled to have a class I'm teaching tomorrow night so I'd like for my studio to be all set up. Happy day to you all!
Come visit me, my friend. :-) Humidity is only 27% - Hot and dry. Think of the fun we could have in my studio! I spent a bit of time on the deck and in the garden before the sun got higher in the sky. It felt nice to breathe fresh air.

Hmmm all good topics. I think most need the time management. I like learning how to not compare myself to other artists. Also to 'letting go' of preconceived notions of what we've been told we are and letting the 'real us' out. I'm working on both of these ;-)

Happy unpacking! I need to clean mine to start a new portion of the scrapbook project today. No room on my worktable for the mat board size of chip board I need to cut.

Off to do something constructive! Creative Blessings
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2012, 05:54 PM   #1132  
Stampin' Fool

Default Just left some love for y'all

I know I haven't posted lately ....anywhere. i got to everyone who recently updated their blog within last couple of weeks. think I stopped @pooja's corner . She has some love i left some time ago. I still read all of y'alls blogs when y'all post , just dont always write .

peace and blessings
brandy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #1133  
Pearl-ExPert

Smile

Happy Friday Friends! I hope you all have a fun weekend. I have my sweet nephew's birthday party tomorrow and his mom's birthday on Sunday. I cannot believe my nephew will be 13! The day he was born it was like the king arrived! He was the first grandchild for my mom and my first nephew! We referred to him as "our boy" from day one and still do. Funny how the nicknames really stick. Anyway, have a good one. Something tells me I will be eating alot of cake this weekend. LOL (thanks to all who have been by my blog. I will make my blog rounds this weekend. take care)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2012, 05:32 PM   #1134  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey girls

Sorry I didn't get a Friday post up. I'm still in the 'design' stage of the album. I'm going to try and work out the kinks tomorrow so it will be ready for next week.

I'm in the studio most all day tomorrow. Now that I've figured out how to set auto-post, I want to get things done up for the days my in-laws will be here so I don't miss anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2012, 06:01 PM   #1135  
Pearl-ExPert

I am SUPER excited! My blog now has some sparkle to it. My hubby worked on the header and blinkie this weekend. I just love it! When you get time stop by and check it out. I love glitter & bling so I am very happy my blog has something close to it! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2012, 06:59 PM   #1136  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I am SUPER excited! My blog now has some sparkle to it. My hubby worked on the header and blinkie this weekend. I just love it! When you get time stop by and check it out. I love glitter & bling so I am very happy my blog has something close to it! LOL
Checked it out. Love the new sparkles and bling that you added to it.

And, yes Christmas in July is everywhere. I had a card for my Bowdabra project last month and this week my PSC card is also Christmas in July. Some to add to my stash for this year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2012, 05:19 AM   #1137  
Stazon Splitcoast

my Mag Monday card next week is Halloween :-) Halloween in July? maybe
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2012, 05:24 AM   #1138  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm hoping to get to a teapot card today. I have a 1/2 bag (paper sack) of bananas that need done up while it's cool enough to tolerate having the oven on. Then I'll look at the TPT and see about getting it uploaded.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2012, 01:13 PM   #1139  
Mini Quack

hello hello geesh has it been that long sine I was here?? this heat is getting to me...all I want to do is sleep !

I did visit some blogs, saw some amazing cards and other work too, I even did a blog hop that is incredible for me...lol

and after my internet took its leave of absence...I did an update on my blog...well actually I did 2. lost the first one lol

hope you all are having good days, and hope to see you on my blog... byr til next time

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2012, 06:28 AM   #1140  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soni BView Post
hello hello geesh has it been that long sine I was here?? this heat is getting to me...all I want to do is sleep !

I did visit some blogs, saw some amazing cards and other work too, I even did a blog hop that is incredible for me...lol

and after my internet took its leave of absence...I did an update on my blog...well actually I did 2. lost the first one lol

hope you all are having good days, and hope to see you on my blog... byr til next time
Yeah for doing the blog hop, Soni. Good luck on wining prizes. There was some really cool stuff to look at. I ordered 2 sets of the T-pot books.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2012, 08:52 AM   #1141  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEOView Post
my Mag Monday card next week is Halloween :-) Halloween in July? maybe
Cheerful card. Love the colors and such a great technique - easy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2012, 08:55 AM   #1142  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Great cards Soni. Love the mauve one of course! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2012, 07:53 PM   #1143  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Everyone! I hope you are all well. I am busy getting ready for the Christmas In July Crop that is tomorrow. I hope to work on favors that I am going to use at Christmas time. @Maggie - thanks for checking out my new sparkles on my blog. I hope to make my rounds to you all on Sunday. I have been by a few already. Crazy week here as my daughter had Junior High camp and starts school on Aug 2nd. We have been busy shopping and getting ready. How she thinks she will wear skinny jeans on the first day of school in 100 degree plus heat is beyond me! LOL I am rolling with it. If skinny jeans in the heat is our only disagreement I will take it. LOL Take care and I will visit soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2012, 11:05 AM   #1144  
Mini Quack

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinCEOView Post
Yeah for doing the blog hop, Soni. Good luck on wining prizes. There was some really cool stuff to look at. I ordered 2 sets of the T-pot books.
I ordered cup cakes for Faiths birthday, I will decorate with them, then use on scrap book pages too :p and of course some tea pots and cups, plus the silver teapots too do I need to do any thing to see if I won? I used my blog address

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2012, 11:07 AM   #1145  
Mini Quack

Quote:

Hi Everyone! I hope you are all well. I am busy getting ready for the Christmas In July Crop that is tomorrow. I hope to work on favors that I am going to use at Christmas time. @Maggie - thanks for checking out my new sparkles on my blog. I hope to make my rounds to you all on Sunday. I have been by a few already. Crazy week here as my daughter had Junior High camp and starts school on Aug 2nd. We have been busy shopping and getting ready. How she thinks she will wear skinny jeans on the first day of school in 100 degree plus heat is beyond me! LOL I am rolling with it. If skinny jeans in the heat is our only disagreement I will take it. LOL Take care and I will visit soon!
woo hoo I just did another update ... My card making mojo is lacking so I tried to create some thing else today hope you all like it ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2012, 11:09 AM   #1146  
Mini Quack

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibalady12View Post
I know I haven't posted lately ....anywhere. i got to everyone who recently updated their blog within last couple of weeks. think I stopped @pooja's corner . She has some love i left some time ago. I still read all of y'alls blogs when y'all post , just dont always write .

peace and blessings
brandy
good to hear you are stopping by, sure wish you would say hi tho : )

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2012, 05:51 PM   #1147  
Stampin' Fool

Default disappearing act

It wasnt and I didn't. I merely moved about 50 miles south. actually my husband did. I wasnt a whole lot of help . I had a serious case of bladder infection . Thankfully both are over .

you should see all the blog entries in my blog reader I have to catch up on . I hated to miss the fab freebie friday @ Sassy studio designs. We got just got the internet up earlier today while I was @work. The only access I have had is my itty bitty screen on my cell phone . not in this lifetime will I be reading blogs on my cell.

I havent even posted on my own blog . I sure wish someone who had downloaded the sassy images would share . I know they're not supposed to but it doesnt hurt to want .
not sure I will get it done tonite either . I had to post for y'all though
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #1148  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

It wasnt and I didn't. I merely moved about 50 miles south. actually my husband did. I wasnt a whole lot of help . I had a serious case of bladder infection . Thankfully both are over .

you should see all the blog entries in my blog reader I have to catch up on . I hated to miss the fab freebie friday @ Sassy studio designs. We got just got the internet up earlier today while I was @work. The only access I have had is my itty bitty screen on my cell phone . not in this lifetime will I be reading blogs on my cell.

I havent even posted on my own blog . I sure wish someone who had downloaded the sassy images would share . I know they're not supposed to but it doesnt hurt to want .
Good to hear from you Brandy! I have missed your updates. Hope you are feeling better
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2012, 07:46 AM   #1149  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

How did your crop go? Did you get your projects done?

Wow! Your school starts early. Our kids don't go back until the end of the month.

LOL! I wore jeans to work last week and as I went to leave for the office, thought that I should go back in and change because it was so hot out, but I didn't.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2012, 07:48 AM   #1150  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

woo hoo I just did another update ... My card making mojo is lacking so I tried to create some thing else today hope you all like it ...
You did fabulous with the little blankies for Faith. I know she enjoys holding them. She will treasure them so much when she gets older. Such a sweet Grandma.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2012, 07:58 AM   #1151  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Sorry you had that bladder infection - certainly not a fun thing. Hope that's all cleared up for you.

Sorry you missed out on the Sassy freebie image. I'm going to have to check in on that on Fridays.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2012, 09:24 AM   #1152  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey girls!
Back from vaca a day late. Going to try and get caught up today. Didn't get my recycle project posted yesterday. Still need to finish it. Letting it sit here beside me to see if 'colors' speak to me. I'll be hitting blogs this afternoon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2012, 09:35 AM   #1153  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Great to see you back, Brandy, and settling in. Can't wait to see what projects you have to share
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2012, 12:11 PM   #1154  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoenerView Post
How did your crop go? Did you get your projects done?

Wow! Your school starts early. Our kids don't go back until the end of the month.

LOL! I wore jeans to work last week and as I went to leave for the office, thought that I should go back in and change because it was so hot out, but I didn't.
The crop was fun but I didn't get much done. I did all the make and takes which were great. I posted the pics of those on my blog.

Yes, school does start early for us (even earlier this year). Due to school starting I feel like fall should be here but we still have a ways to go for cooler temps. I really feel my daughters school schedule is heading towards a year round school schedule. The summer break keeps getting shorter. LOL Take care.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #1155  
Pearl-ExPert

Happy Weekend everyone! I am cleaning my house (well taking a short break right now LOL) and will visit you all this evening. Are we going to do a blog hop as a group this fall? I really would love to do this but someone with more experience would need to head it up and walk me thru the dos and don'ts. I am all for it and offering some blog candy at my stop in the hop. Let me know. I think if we are up for it we should start planning and pick a date for the hop and also a theme. Let me know what you all think. If as a group we aren't up for it then if any of you want me to participate in a hop you are hosting with others I would love to do that. Just want to have my first hop. Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2012, 05:26 PM   #1156  
Stampin' Fool

Default Blog Hop

Why not? I have been on other blogs , just leaving comments for the DT's work. Wouldnt mind being part of the people who submit their images.

count me in.

p,b,&l
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2012, 06:44 PM   #1157  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Why not? I have been on other blogs , just leaving comments for the DT's work. Wouldnt mind being part of the people who submit their images.

count me in.

p,b,&l
GREAT! Glad you are in
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2012, 08:46 AM   #1158  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

The crop was fun but I didn't get much done. I did all the make and takes which were great. I posted the pics of those on my blog.

Yes, school does start early for us (even earlier this year). Due to school starting I feel like fall should be here but we still have a ways to go for cooler temps. I really feel my daughters school schedule is heading towards a year round school schedule. The summer break keeps getting shorter. LOL Take care.
Yeah... our district started today. The rest don't kick in until next Monday. Looking at the school supply list, I'm glad I don't have one to put through school anymore. Even the preschoolers need a binder, page protectors, etc. Geez!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2012, 08:53 AM   #1159  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Happy Weekend everyone! I am cleaning my house (well taking a short break right now LOL) and will visit you all this evening. Are we going to do a blog hop as a group this fall? I really would love to do this but someone with more experience would need to head it up and walk me thru the dos and don'ts. I am all for it and offering some blog candy at my stop in the hop. Let me know. I think if we are up for it we should start planning and pick a date for the hop and also a theme. Let me know what you all think. If as a group we aren't up for it then if any of you want me to participate in a hop you are hosting with others I would love to do that. Just want to have my first hop. Thanks again!
I'd love to do a blog hop. I'm thinking mid-January. We'll be through the back to school/ fall/ holiday stuff and ready for some sit-down computer travel. What do you think? I can head one up but I don't have time until Dec. 5th to take on a full-blown new project. We could discuss stamp sets to use.

We could go with a couple of stamp sets, or pick a theme and go with any company?

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2012, 11:46 AM   #1160  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey girls! I"m two for two this week. My teapot tuesday card is up. I wish the shimmer of the Pearl Ex paints showed up in the picture.
Reply With Quote Likes